Type keyword(s) to search

The 96th Academy Awards

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Find it funny that anytime the Oppenheimer cast is mentioned, they always say Matt Damon's full name while everyone else is just their first one.

Especially with Kimmel hosting. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Is it just my TV or do some of these people seem really orange?  Jennifer Lawrence and Matthew McConaughey just to name two.  Is it the lighting on the stage?  

• Like 1
Just now, TenPea said:

I still think he will show up.

Jimmy teased a Matt Damon “something” on his show. So I’m still hoping!

• Like 1

I'm thrilled for Emma, but Lily Gladstone was robbed.  I mean, Emma was fantastic, but Lily was sublime.  This was such a tough competition!  I was rooting hard for Lily.

• Like 8
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Well Emma clearly didn't expect to win.

No, she didn't.

It's very rare that you see that kind of genuinely shocked reaction. Halle Berry had it too.

Talk about a wild card. I thought it was a toss up between Gladstone and Mulligan.

• Like 5

haven’t seen ‘killers of the flower moon.’’ 

but, while i’ve only made through half of ‘poor things’ — struck me as weird for the sake of being weird, and i’m not sure i’ll finish watching — it’s hard not to admire emma stone’s performance. 

• Like 1

every year there is at least one movie that I get very tired of seeing winning or hearing about, so far Oppenheimer and Poor Things are tied for that honor for me.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Dr.OO7 said:

I thought it was a toss up between Gladstone and Mulligan.

I thought it was Lily or Emma but Lily winning SAG had me thinking she'd take it tonight and I guess Emma agreed.

• Like 6
(edited)
17 minutes ago, wallflower75 said:

Ooooh, love Michelle's dress!!

Indeed. I got a Moulin Rouge feel from it in the best way.

Damn, damn, damn, I love you Emma, but I wanted Lily! Her speech was great though.

Whoa, was that post Jimmy read real?

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 8
  • Mind Blown 2

I didn't realize how hard I was rooting for Emma Stone until I found myself holding my breath as the envelope was opened.

Great speech. Left me a bit verklempt by the end.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
Just now, scarynikki12 said:

I thought it was Lily or Emma but Lily winning SAG had me thinking she'd take it tonight and I guess Emma agreed.

I had Lily on my ballot because of the SAG win.  Emma winning is a-ok by me though.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Emma is probably the biggest surprise and upset of the Big 5 category.

She probably pulled a significant part of the international vote, because we know Lily had most of the actors cohort.

• Like 3

Yay, Emma! Her acceptance speech was humble and adorable. That she "broke" her dress is so relatable. I'm watching "Poor Things" on Hulu the first chance I get. 

Hopefully, Lily, your time will come.

• Like 6
  • Love 1