Type keyword(s) to search

The 96th Academy Awards

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, kittykat said:

I just realized Oppenheimer is 0 for 5 so far.  Curious if it takes editing or cinematography.

It will. 

Poor Things was more or less a co-favorite with Barbie for Production Design and Costuming; American Fiction was definitely a contender for Adapted Screenplay.

It's still going home with a bunch of awards starting right now.

• Like 3

Ke Huy Quan is still adorable! Christoph Waltz is still charming! Mahershala Ali is still hot! 

Justin Hammer honoring Tony Stark! Love to see it! 

• Like 15
  • Love 2

I love Sam Rockwell's bit about RDJ.

It is a shame DeNiro has no chance this year as he perfectly embodied evil. Any other year and he'd run away with Oscar #3. Of course he's happiest about RDJ winning because he doesn't have to give a speech, hee.

Go RDJ!!

• Like 7
  • Love 1

And Oppenheimer is on the board!  I'll admit--it took me a little bit of watching the film to recognize him, that's how completely I felt RDJ disappeared into the character.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

It's fitting that the man who had a huge part in launching the most successful franchise in the modern era nets the statue.  Congratulations RDJ, the gold standard of Hollywood comebacks.

• Like 11

Bummed that Ryan Gosling didn't win. (Robert Downey was excellent, though.) I didn't mind the guys' introductions -- they were funny and light and sweet and didn't make me cringe like the ladies'.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, wallflower75 said:

And Oppenheimer is on the board!  I'll admit--it took me a little bit of watching the film to recognize him, that's how completely I felt RDJ disappeared into the character.

Same. It took way too long before I recognized him. I thought they'd just found a really good unknown actor to play Strauss.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Yay, RDJ!  He's gone from a guy who couldn't get arrested career-wise to one who literally did get arrested to one of the best comebacks of all time! Well-deserved and long overdue! 🥳🏆

Edited by DollEyes
  • Like 9
  • Love 1

So, we're getting a Twins reunion!  I can roll with it.  Until the eventual remake happens (starring Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart, naturally.)

Wait, we're also getting a Batman reunion as well!  Love it!

• Like 9
Just now, wallflower75 said:

Kudos to Michael Keaton for going along with it.

He always reminds people he's Batman so they wouldn't have even needed to include him in rehearsal if they hadn't wanted.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Don't play them off!!! Everyone loves Godzilla!!!

That orchestra is gonna get stomped on by a big scaly foot!

Edited by yowsah1
  • LOL 12

Ah-nuld, DeVito & Keaton Keaton were hilarious! If only Penguin & Mr. Freeze were part of "The Flash" movie, maybe Keaton wouldn't have hurt his back from practically carrying it. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

He always reminds people he's Batman so they wouldn't have even needed to include him in rehearsal if they hadn't wanted.

Him stink-eyeing Danny and Arnold was better use of his Batman than that shit ass Flash movie.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1