Type keyword(s) to search

The 96th Academy Awards

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Each of them gave a wonderful performance from opposite ends of the acting spectrum I don't think it's possible to say that one of them was better than the other.

It’s all opinion based so it is possible. There’s just no right or wrong of which one you might think was better. 

• Like 1
(edited)
1 minute ago, Browncoat said:

I don't know who the guy in the blue suit is, but he looks fab.

I was just thinking the same - who is that guy? I’ve seen him at a good few award shows.

Edited by Avabelle

On E!, there is a woman sitting behind the fashion commentators who is wearing sky blue (?) heels with a dark green dress. I know blue and green go well together,  but not these 2 shades and, if I were going to do two complentary colors, it would be a main color with different colored accents and jewelry....not shoes.

1 minute ago, Avabelle said:

I was just thinking the same - who is that guy? I’ve seen him at a good few award shows.

He was in those dumb silly Kissing Booth movies that were on Netflix. 

15 minutes ago, Avabelle said:

Taylor Zakhar Perez. Most recently he was in Red, White, & Royal Blue and is networking the hell out of this awards season. 

• Like 1

Why is Laverne behind a hedge to do interviews? And I wish someone would tell her she doesn't have to have the mic shoved right into her mouth to talk into it. Lady, you can move it a few inches away, I promise we can her you. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

Not a fan of Mary Steenburgen's neck buckle.

Yup. I've noticed this tonight the dresses seem to have this one thing that is stopping it from being perfect.

• Like 1
(edited)

Good looking guy, but I don’t know who he is because Christian and the 3 women were all talking over each other.  🤷‍♀️

—————————-—————

And now Paul Giamatti!! Love him.  So good.

Edited by Thumper
(edited)
6 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Does Billie Ellish always dress badly on purpose?

This is her best look of the season, IMO. I believe that is actually a life-sized official Barbie design.

Edited to add: I stand corrected. It's Chanel.

Edited by ProudMary
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, ProudMary said:

This is her best look of the season, IMO. I believe that is actually a life-sized official Barbie design.

I feel like there must be better official Barbie designs out there though....

• Like 1

Who was the young woman a few minutes ago in the pale green sheer gown with her hair in a ponytail?  She looked amazingly beautiful, but I didn’t catch the name.  Maybe Hailee Steinfeld?

• Like 1
Just now, MerBearHou said:

Who was the young woman a few minutes ago in the pale green sheer gown with her hair in a ponytail?  She looked amazingly beautiful, but I didn’t catch the name.  Maybe Hailee Steinfeld?

I think so.

Kirsten and Jesse are so cute!

Does Ke Huy really pronounce his name "kiwi"?  That's what it sounds like everyone is saying!  I thought it was more like "key whey".

• Like 1
1 minute ago, MerBearHou said:

I think it was Hailee. She's beautiful.  And, America Ferrera!  Damn girl! 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, ProudMary said:

I'm not crazy about Emma Stone's gown. I wanted to be.

Yeah unfortunately I didn't love it either. 

America Ferrera and Anya Taylor-Joy look great.

Honestly, no one's look has completely blown me away today. 😞

As I write this, I do really like Lupita N'yongo's gown. Are she and Joseph Quinn a couple?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ShadowHunter said:

Yeah unfortunately I didn't love it either. 

America Ferrera and Anya Taylor-Joy look great.

I don't mind the dress, but what'd going on with her eyebrows? 

8 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

I'm not crazy about Emma Stone's gown. I wanted to be.

It’s meant to be fitted but the top looks to big for her.

6 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Honestly, no one's look has completely blown me away today. 😞

As I write this, I do really like Lupita N'yongo's gown. Are she and Joseph Quinn a couple?

Lupita is dating Joshua Jackson.  

• Thanks 1

Dwayne Johnson's suit is VERY shiny.

Ava Duvernay's dress is almost nice.  I don't like the shoulder buckles -- it's like it wants to be overalls or something.

That is a loverly color for Lupita, but I don't like the feather peplum.

Emma's dress looks poorly fitted and I don't like the color on her.

America Ferrara looks gorgeous

As does Issa Rae and Danielle Brooks.

I am not loving Anya Taylor Joy. Her dress is giving fish scales.

Hailee Steindeld looks lovely.

8 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Ooh, child, she is canoodling with Pacey!

• LOL 2

I liked Christian Siriano saying that we’re seeing a lot of mermaid-core.  The seafoam green has always been a favorite of mine.  Just pretty on everyone.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Browncoat said:

I'm not a fan of Emily Blunt's dress with the shoulder straps floating above her shoulders.  Other than that, it looks great.

I feel like that must be super uncomfortable to wear. I would constantly be tugging at it.

• Like 3

I think Emily Blunt’s hair and makeup look gorgeous and the gown is pretty, but the top part of her dress looks like a breastplate on a warrior and the straps sticking up a little higher than her shoulders — it looks uncomfortable.  

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, ShadowHunter said:

I don't care for what Andrea Riseborough is wearing. 

Is she the interviewer with the white skirt and weird spangly top?  I don't like it, either.