Type keyword(s) to search

The 96th Academy Awards

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

But what's with the overwrought, long smarmy reading of the nominees? The show will go into Monday. And why is everyone calling everyone "my friend"? Is this MSNBC?

The Holdovers isn’t a big movie like Oppenheimer and Barbie, so that’s why I feel like a clip of Da’vine’s performance would have suited her better, rather than a tribute by Lupita, to show to the casual viewer why she won over the ones in more popular movies like Emily and America.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Mizayaki winning a long-overdue Oscar over "Spider-Man:Across the Spider Verse" isn't a surprise, but hopefully "Beyond the Spider Verse" will have better luck.

Jimmy is in full on "dad joke" mode, I see.

Already getting into the screenplay categories, I see.

Anatomy of a Fall!  Called it!  And they're playing 50 Cent's P.I.M.P.!!  Ha!!!

5 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

*Groan* Adapted screenplay dad joke, Kimmel.

He was going for a scare that he was going to mention the plagiarism claim, then relief when he didn't say it. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

What is it with the giant sleeve things this year?  I hate all of them.

Petite Rita Morena looked like her dress was eating her like an alligator.

• Like 3

Okay...did Billie Eilish bring two outfits to the Oscars?  Because she arrived wearing a dark jacket and patterned skirt, and now it looks like she's wearing the other half of each outfit on stage.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Yes! "American Fiction"! It's on MGM+ and it's brilliant! ITA with making more $ 5 & 10 million dollar movies along with the $200 million dollar ones because the smaller the budget, the bigger the risks-and sometimes, as this Oscar proves, the rewards.

• Like 11
Just now, wallflower75 said:

Okay...did Billie Eilish bring two outfits to the Oscars?

That's common for performers. Unless their award is right after the performance they routinely wear one for the ceremony and a different one when performing. Ryan Gosling will be wearing different clothes when it's his turn.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, argrow said:

I thought the controversy was Barbie being in Adapted Screenplay instead of Original Screenplay.

I think that was the early controversy.  But something's come to light about The Holdovers screenplay.  I don't know all the details, but a plagiarism accusation came up within the last day or so.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, DollEyes said:

Yes! "American Fiction"! It's on MGM+ and it's brilliant! ITA with making more $ 5 & 10 million dollar movies along with the $200 million dollar ones because the smaller the budget, the bigger the risks-and sometimes, as this Oscar proves, the rewards.

And smaller budgets mean bigger profit potential. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Am I the only one who can't understand  half the works billi eilish sings...I swear she mumbles her songs in a whisper.  Personally I want I'm just Ken to win.

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Poohbear617 said:

Am I the only one who can't understand  half the works billi eilish sings...I swear she mumbles her songs in a whisper.

It's called 'mumblecore' for a reason. Not my bag, but the youngsters could do worse.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, AimingforYoko said:

It's called 'mumblecore' for a reason. Not my bag, but the youngsters could do worse.

Mumblecore is the perfect word. Ariana Grande does it too.

• Like 2
(edited)

When it comes to "Best Original Song," my head wants "What Was I Made For?" but my heart wants "I'm Just Ken." 💖Ryan Gosling Sunglasses GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures

Edited by DollEyes
  • Like 9
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Poohbear617 said:

Am I the only one who can't understand  half the works billi eilish sings...I swear she mumbles her songs in a whisper.  Personally I want I'm just Ken to win.

I wasn't crazy about the song she won for a few years ago (some ho hum James Bond theme), but whatever.  And now she's about to become a 2-time Oscar winner.  Bleh.

BEETLEJUICE!!  (Don't say it again.)

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Catherine O'Hara might not have an Oscar, but Moira Rose did star in The Crows Have Eyes III: The Crowening, so, really, who is the true winner in this room?!

Poor Things!  Was worried Maestro would take it, but this much more preferable.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
1 minute ago, scarynikki12 said:

Now Catherine O'Hara not having an Oscar is a travesty. We need to come together to get her one. Schitt's Creek The Movie maybe?

Alexis: Favorite season?

Moira: ….awards

Fits right in!!

• LOL 5
(edited)

Shout out to the Poor Things makeup artist wearing sensible chunky heels. Good for her! Less stress for the feet and ankles than stilettos.

Edited by scarynikki12
  • Like 2