Type keyword(s) to search

The 96th Academy Awards

• Start Topic

Did they run short on best song nominees? Didn't want to give Barbie a third song nomination? Just nominated it because of Diane Warren? Because that song was...... not good.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
43 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Ryan Goslings looks like is totally fine if he doesn't win, because watching Christoph Waltz talk about him and Ken is more than enough in his book!

Or more than "Kenough." 😜

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7
1 minute ago, shoregirl said:

Did they run short on best song nominees? Didn't want to give Barbie a third song nomination? Just nominated it because of Diane Warren? Because that song was...... not good.

I couldn't hear the song, I was too distracted by the singer flailing her arms around.

• LOL 5
6 minutes ago, TenPea said:

As is Issa Rae!  I LOVE her dress!  So perfect for her.

Issa Rae is gorgeous!  Issa has the most beautiful long legs & she always looks like she is glowing...

• Like 7

This is Maestro's only chance to win something and instead Sound goes to Zone of Interest. I think Cooper needs to step back and reassess his next projects. Maybe just do producing for a little while.

• Like 2

Yeah, John Mulaney does sound like like was snatched straight out of the 50s.  Even when he is quoting from the classic film, Madam Web, and recapping the entire plot of Field of Dreams.  Spoilers!!

Hey, my The Zone of Interest sound prediction paid off!

• Like 3
(edited)

Zone of Interest won sound because of the sound coming out of frame. Like I said earlier, what the camera wasn't focused on was the important bits.

ETA: OK, what everyone tuned in for.

Edited by AimingforYoko
(edited)
4 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

This is Maestro's only chance to win something and instead Sound goes to Zone of Interest. I think Cooper needs to step back and reassess his next projects. Maybe just do producing for a little while.

And maybe also do away with Oscar-bait movies for now? I can’t help but recall Honest Trailers quip about him being “increasingly desperate Oscar tryhard Bradley Cooper..”

Go the way of Jennifer Lawrence - she seems so much more relaxed and fun now.

Although to be fair, JLaw has an Oscar…

Edited by slowpoked
  • Like 6
(edited)

Ryan Gosling.  The BEST.  Too too fun.  

Without a doubt, that is Slash.  He wanted in on this moment.  Perfect!!!!

And Mark Ronson ♥️ 

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Like 16
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

CAN WE GET RYAN AN EMMY FOR I'M JUST KEN????? I THINK HE SHOULD ALSO QUALIFY FOR A TONY AS WELL!!!

THE BEST PERFORMANCE OF THE NIGHT!  AND SIMO WAS THERE TOO!

• Like 6