Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E23: Christine & David’s Wedding Special (Part One)

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

Something I notice about David is he has a sense of humor. Kody doesn't. For me, that's a big thing. A good sense of humor is a quality. 

Agreed. Although I was surprised by the pratfalling roll he did on to the wedding stage. That reminded me of something Kody might do/had done when he was younger.

He did used to have a lot more goofy moments. They all talk so much about how he's changed/is a different man and I think we've always seen the frustrating/unfair sides of his personality so it's easy to be like "Bah, he hasn't changed much." But talking about this and watching the Look Back episodes, he was a much happier man (it seemed) when he was younger. More open to love, seemed to give his affection much more freely (didn't seem like he was pretending/playacting).  I guess all his good humor went out the window as the strains of being a polygamist when it would've been so much easier to be monogamous with Robyn (in his eyes) who catered to him as she would her "best customer" took over.

• Like 16
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I can’t stand her. So, no I don’t care what she has to say! Yet, I want to know what she says. Quite the conundrum.

I get it Ginger, but the thing is with her you can't take what she says seriously anyway. So whatever she is saying at the moment, I feel like it's what she thinks will get her the most traction so she doesn't have to get a real job. She and FT are so lazy, or so they appear. I mean the dude looks like he hasn't bathed in weeks most of the time. They have that slacker haze around them, and I am loathe to give either of them a dime if it means they won't have to get real work like the rest of us. That said, I am fine with others paying and sharing the dirt.

• Like 12
(edited)
On 1/8/2024 at 3:27 AM, Yeah No said:

I found it interesting that (was it Mykelti?) described both David and Christine as dominant, bossy personalities.  Hmmmm.....David sure doesn't act that way on camera.  Usually someone has to be the more laid back one in a couple, so I wonder if that was actually an implied concern about their compatibility.  

It was David's daughter, Raegan/Rae, who said David and Christine both have very strong personalities and both are leaders.

I only remember because my impression of David is similar to yours, so I was surprised to hear him described that way.

On 1/8/2024 at 3:44 AM, surfgirl said:

I found it extremely offensive that TLC had any presence of Meri, Douche, ir Sobbyn on this show. And to have Douche's voice over on the 'next time on', also both highly offensive and totally unnecessary.

I didn't think it was offensive, at first. Overall. I thought Meri's well wishes seemed kind and sincere.

The part with Robyn and Kody together was obnoxious. I get why Robyn thought she might have to direct the conversation -- because you never know what's going to come out of Kody's mouth.

Then Robyn shot herself in the foot by saying something about them being happy if the "can be" or as happy as they "can be." Even her tone was sour. That, I did find offensive.

Later, when Kody gave his own thoughts/well-wishes, without Robyn present, he did much better than I expected. 

On 1/8/2024 at 6:02 AM, EtheltoTillie said:

I missed live chat. Someone posted there about whether David was Mormon or former Mormon.  He mentioned his sisters were married into polygamy.  That was a real throwaway line. Don’t you want to know more?  

The Woolley name is big in early LDS history and in the history of polygamous break-away groups (after the mainstream church abandoned polygamy, to ensure statehood for Utah):  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorin_C._Woolley

On 1/8/2024 at 7:40 AM, js9548 said:

I know that Janelle's kids made it to the wedding but were they on the boat ride or rehearsal dinner?

I distinctly remember seeing Hunter, his Audrey, Logan, and Michelle on the boat (and Leon, too). I think all of Janelle's kids might have been on it, but I'm not positive.

On 1/8/2024 at 8:33 AM, Yeah No said:

According to what I read online she didn't attend and some people think she gave a lame excuse for why, which she defended in a video.

LOL, if my husband wasn't already asleep we could have had a drinking contest based on how many times she said that and "oh my gosh".

I think that video is inaccurate about one thing. I do remember Mykelti originally saying she didn't know why Gwendlyn wasn't there (and I too thought it was a lie at the time). 

I do not remember Mykelti saying Christine was hurt. I could be forgetting, but I felt like the YouTuber added that bit.

I suspect Gwen wasn't there for a few reasons:

1. Her demanding semester was true enough

2. Paedon

3. Gwen & Bea let production film at (season 19 spoiler):

Spoiler

their engagement party, because it was the first time Kody and David met.

Gwen got pissed, because the production sort of steamrolled

Spoiler

her engagement party, to make it all about Kody and David meeting

(I hope the spoiler tags work. I'll delete right away and take my answer to the spoiler thread if it doesn't.) 

Edited by General Days
typo/format
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 6

I wish I knew the story Maddie was going to tell, before she was overcome with emotion. I get her sentiment, I just wanted the specific story she wanted to share.  

There’s something about David’s accent that I’m trying to figure out.  It reminds me of someone on tv.  Hmmmm…..

I get how you might not call someone Dad, but still consider them a step dad…..oh well.  My mom’s dad remarried after his first wife died, when my mom was in her late 20’s and she called her by her first name, but referred to her as her stepmom.  I guess it’s an individual thing.  I was engaged to someone who’s son was only 3 years younger than me (son and I were both in our 50s) and I was very excited to be a step mom and step grandmother.  

• Like 9
(edited)

I can understand why the girls weren't ready to refer to David as their stepfather. My dad remarried when I was in my 40's and his new wife had two kids and they were both married. I never felt they were step-siblings, and I referred to his wife as my dad's wife. I was happy for them, but it didn't feel like I needed a step mother or step siblings at that point in life. Fast forward 21 years later and my dad passed last year and I have referred to his wife as my step mother for years now, and I feel like I have step siblings now. It can take time to evolve, especially when the kids in question are adults. It also helps if they're not forced into those relationships and to let them evolve naturally. Today I would never refer to my father's wife as such, she is always my step mother.

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 13
  • Useful 7

I’m a stepmother.  Both of my stepsons refer to me by name, no one refers to me as stepmom.  It’s just fine with me.  Forcing someone to refer to you as step mom or dad doesn’t do it for me.  Then again, my version of a stepparent is to step back, as both boys (now 23 and 33) have very active, involved moms.  I don’t know, I just don’t find that to be weird.  
Christine’s father appears to be quite impaired with his illness.  I just can’t pass judgement on him now, in his condition.  Life should be about love, especially at the end.  If she’s forgiven him, that’s all that matters. 
A couple of times I had a hard time telling Aspyn from Ysabel and Mykelti.  They are all beautiful. Mykelti is not my favorite at all, I find her bossy and attention grabbing.  

• Like 16
4 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

I was! And then curious, did he move into Christine’s townhome? Where did he live before? Or did she move into his (but then, why keep the townhome). I have questions! 

They bought a home together.  It’s discussed on her thread on this forum, several pages up 

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, surfgirl said:

It's 2024, so no, I'm not at all surprised as it's fairly normal for many decades now. And they are full grown adults so why not?

I'm surprised due to her uber-religious background.  I get that she's changed, didn't realize she had changed that much. 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, General Days said:

The Woolley name is big in early LD history and in the history of polygamous break-away groups (after the mainstream church abandoned polygamy, to ensure statehood for Utah). 

Here's one of David's ancestors: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorin_C._Woolley

Well, this seems to be serious polygamist "royalty" again, like Christine's family.  I guess everyone in Utah has some polygamists in their ancestry, but not everyone has family who promoted the fundamentalist breakaway groups. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
13 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I missed live chat. Someone posted there about whether David was Mormon or former Mormon.  He mentioned his sisters were married into polygamy.  That was a real throwaway line. Don’t you want to know more?  

In Mexico none the less. 

12 hours ago, js9548 said:

I know that Janelle's kids made it to the wedding but were they on the boat ride or rehearsal dinner?

I didn't notice any of the kids for sure, except Leon on the boat. 

8 hours ago, taragel said:

It was nice to see the adult kids again (though I wonder how the contract works/if they get paid to sit down for confessionals now--brief though they were). There was also a brief shot of the side of Leon's head on the boat, as they were in the row in front of Janelle, I think, right before or after she gave her speech.

I was really struck by Maddie being overcome by tears for how happy she was for Christine because David loves her so much/is awesome. That and the brief convo about living with a man in the house all the time with Truely both were such sadly revelatory bits alluding to Kody's continually awful treatment of their moms. And even Caleb seemed sort of angry about it in that confessional. Hope Kody saw it and wailed for an hour about a knife in the spleen from his mancrush.

Loved both Christine and Truely having to adjust having a man around full time. Tell us again Kody how you were always there for your wives and kids. 

4 hours ago, JoannKBC said:

I don't think it's weird or a bad sign that Christine's daughters don't want to consider David their stepfather. My father's been married a few times, and I call the wife he married when I was 5 my stepmother, but I call the wife he married when I was 21 "my Dad's wife." No reflection on how I feel about the person. 

I just found it a bit ironic these are the same daughters who were all brought up with 3-4 moms but adding a step dad is too much for them. 

• Like 15
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, surfgirl said:

I get it Ginger, but the thing is with her you can't take what she says seriously anyway. So whatever she is saying at the moment, I feel like it's what she thinks will get her the most traction so she doesn't have to get a real job. She and FT are so lazy, or so they appear. I mean the dude looks like he hasn't bathed in weeks most of the time. They have that slacker haze around them, and I am loathe to give either of them a dime if it means they won't have to get real work like the rest of us. That said, I am fine with others paying and sharing the dirt.

I get that vibe from Mykelti, too. It's not about the truth for some (K, R, etc.), it's about what money they can make from a good lie whether it's a little fib or a big one. 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Fostersmom said:

In Mexico none the less. 

After the mainstream LDS church abandoned the principle of plural marriage, so that Utah could become a state, some polygamous Mormons took off for Mexico, to evade legal consequences. 

Mitt Romney's father, George, was born in Chihuahua, Mexico (where there were plyg Mormon colonies), and although George's parents were reportedly monogamous, their parents (his grandparents) were polygamists.

The Browns' sect, the Apostolic United Brethren (AUB), has its temple in Mexico. It has an endowment house in Bluffdale, Utah, which is right near Lehi, as well as endowment houses in Pinesdale, Montana (where Robyn lived with Preston Jessop), Lovell, Wyoming (which is where Kody's family is from), and a few more locations. To my knowledge, the Mexico temple is their only temple location.

• Like 1
  • Useful 21
10 hours ago, dariafan said:

I don’t think that’s what he originally wanted to say , but changed it before it fell out of his mouth 

Yes, we never learned what Kody was really going to say about Christine, because it started with "She made the accusation..." The Robyn-mediated follow-up was totally inconsistent with that prelude.

16 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

whether David was Mormon or former Mormon

Yes, he was Mormon, which makes the speed of his relationship with Christine make a little more cultural sense. Marrying 11 months after you meet is not so speedy in that context.

• Like 11

OMG!! Crybrows lived in Pinesdale, Montana???? That is less than 20 miles south of me!!  I moved here in 2004 and CB's divorce was final in 2009, I think. I could well have crossed paths with her in those years! Creepy!

Goes to show you never really know who your neighbors are! Shudder.....

• Like 7
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 9

It sounded like Christine's dad was telling her that "he" (I'm assuming Kody) called him, crying about how he has lost her.  Wow.  That certainly doesn't jive with his current narrative, but it makes sense since we have seen several years of anger, angst and obsession over Christine leaving.

• Like 8
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

Mykelti is my least favorite of the kids.  She is SO competitive!  MY wedding had 400 guests over your 350!  MY meat dish (carnitas?) is better than yours!  Etc., etc…. Insecure and immature.  Insufferable!  

Yep...so insufferable.  Sooooo immature.  It's sad actually.

• Like 12
2 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

It sounded like Christine's dad was telling her that "he" (I'm assuming Kody) called him, crying about how he has lost her.  Wow.  That certainly doesn't jive with his current narrative, but it makes sense since we have seen several years of anger, angst and obsession over Christine leaving.

See, I.thoguht he was saying that HE called someone after she marries Douche and HEbwas crying that he lost her. If it was Kody crying I WANNA KNOW DEETS!

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

I didn't notice any of the kids for sure, except Leon on the boat. 

When Christine ran down the middle of the aisle on the boat, and a bunch of the kids were visible to her left. She handed something off to Hunter after she chugged. He was next to his girlfriend Audrey, who was next to Logan's wife, Michelle, who was next to Logan. Behind Logan and Michelle, you can see Maddie, Caleb, and Paedon.

Garrison was right in front of Hunter. He was seated next to Aspyn and Mitch. In the row ahead of them were Tony, Mykelti, Ysabel, and Savanah. Janelle was in front of them, next to some guy (maybe one of Christine's brothers? IDK, and a little boy). In the row in front of Janelle was Leon, Leon's Audrey, and Gabe. 

6 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

I just found it a bit ironic these are the same daughters who were all brought up with 3-4 moms but adding a step dad is too much for them. 

I felt the same way, but a few people have mentioned that maybe it has to do with the kids being older — which I guess I can get. I was surprised it fazed Ysabel and Aspyn though.

3 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

OMG!! Crybrows lived in Pinesdale, Montana???? That is less than 20 miles south of me!!  I moved here in 2004 and CB's divorce was final in 2009, I think. I could well have crossed paths with her in those years! Creepy!

Goes to show you never really know who your neighbors are! Shudder.....

As I understand it, that town is pretty much all AUB (and probably some non-practicing people who grew up there). 

3 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Yes, I think so. I went back and listened again. There was a lot of crosstalk and incomplete sentences. The following isn't a perfect transcript, but it's fairly accurate.

___

REX: Love you so much, honey.

CHRISTINE: Love you too, Daddy.

R: You have a lot of fun, hon.

C: You too.

R: It's gonna be way different years than those last 20 or--

C: Yeah.

R: He was — 

C: I'm gonna be loved, Dad.

R: Oh honey, he was just — he was just bawling. 'I can't believe I lost her'. Oh honey.

C: But now I get this.

R: Here you are with a wonderful man. I'm telling ya.

C: I know, Dad. He's amazing. 

R: He loves you a lot. 

C: I know. He loves me so much.

R: So neat. You're gonna be treated good.

C: Yes, I am. 

R: For a very long time.

C: Yes. Yes. I'm gonna be treated great, Dad.

R: Time goes by so fast.

C: I know. It's weird, right?

R: The next thing you know it's like boom.

C: No. I'm 51, Dad. It's weird.

R: That can't be. 

___ 

Mr. Allred seemed to have a big scar on his forehead, and sort of from his right cheek to his ear. It made me wonder if he'd had cancer removed or something. 

Edited by General Days
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 10
  • Love 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, dariafan said:

I don’t think that’s what he originally wanted to say , but changed it before it fell out of his mouth 

I think he was going to say "Christine accused me [Robyn cuts him off with "aren't we just so happy for them"] ...of finding my soulmate and now she's found hers." My speculation based on what he ultimately did say.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Like 8
  • Useful 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, IvySpice said:

Yes, he was Mormon, which makes the speed of his relationship with Christine make a little more cultural sense. Marrying 11 months after you meet is not so speedy in that context.

So speedy marriages are common in their culture?  Interesting.  It seems even speedier after finding out they bought a home together.  That's a lot to accomplish in a short amount of time.  I think I read that they were engaged after only a few months.

I got married at 21, but knew my husband for 2 years by that time and I had a fair amount of dating experience already before I met him.  We dated for 1 year and were engaged for another, and I'm still finding things out about him 43 years later that I never knew before we got hitched, although thankfully all not big issues.  But it still hasn't all been rosy.  The trouble with Christine is I think she fully expects everything to be all rosy all the time with David because he seems so "perfect" now.

I have always had my doubts about Christine's judgment.  She may be in her early 50s but she strikes me as immature and wears rose colored glasses when things (and people) are not all that rosy.  I don't think David is a bad guy but I worry that her expectations are too high and unrealistic for him and monogamous marriage in general.  She may have to be careful what she wishes for, because she is certainly going to get a double dose of it now.  She may love having a man around full time for a while because she is starved for that attention but they may end up getting on each others' nerves, especially if both of them are "bossy" personalities.  I hate to say that I'm getting rebound vibes big time with her.  I was before this but this episode only made that feeling stronger.

Also, given that David is already 60 years old, he may be looking to slow down his activity in a few years when she is still feeling quite energetic.  I can see what attracted them to each other becoming the very things that irritate them the most.  I wish them well but I wish I had more confidence in Christine's realism going into this.  Unfortunately this episode didn't help me feel any more confident than I was before - in fact, it may have made me feel even less confident.  She is still acting like a teenager going steady with her high school crush and as if this is the prom she never got to go to when she was actually in high school.  So much of what she is delighting in are all the extraneous trappings of monogamous marriage and his lineage, beard, tattoos or whatever else, but how sure is she that this is really the guy for her?  Is she making the same mistake twice?  I still worry about that.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 11
  • Applause 1
7 hours ago, General Days said:

As I understand it, that town is pretty much all AUB (and probably some non-practicing people who grew up there). 

Re Pinesdale: Yes there were a lot of names I recognized when I read an article about a fire near there in 2000. Allred was the one I immediately recognized.  I was very new to MT at that time and didn't know much of their AUB history. 

• Like 6
26 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

I get Christine's over the top excitement.  She just escaped from the clutches of Kody and has a man to herself.

Looking back on the previous seasons and how Christine was treated, to see her today is a stark difference.  She must have been so suppressed by Kody and others for so many years.  I am happy and delighted for her.  She most certainly deserves it.

I think Christine deserves it too.  And I get how someone coming out of an oppressive relationship like she had with the douche-head would understandably be very excited to finally be free.  But her OTT excitement in an of itself is a perfect setup for the rebound effect, where someone's next big relationship is with a person that is about as far away from all the bad things their ex was as they can get while still satisfying all the positive "check boxes".  Being dazzled by that can make a person overlook some potential big issues and conflicts, and knowing Christine's propensity to over-idealize and put the rosy glow on something because she wants it so much (like we saw her do for years on screen about Kody), I still worry about that with her and this marriage.  I hope it isn't the case, though because I'd love to see her get what she deserves after all she went through with that asshole.

• Like 11

1)I bet Robyn wanted to be invited     2)) I saw Savannah on the boat.   3). It’s amazing how strong Christine’s mom’s genes are.  Having the 4 daughter standing around and they have the same face !  Mykelti a little less than the others 

• Like 13

after reading the above comments about Christine's rosy colored view of love, I too am very very happy for her but hope that they are still happy 5 years from now.  I sincerely hope that for her. 

• Like 11
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

have always had my doubts about Christine's judgment.  She may be in her early 50s but she strikes me as immature and wears rose colored glasses when things (and people) are not all that rosy

Sparkle Pony Princess has given me the impression that David is perfect in every way and, let's face it, nobody is perfect.  They have been together a short time and I do wonder how things will play out as the honeymoon phase wears off.  She exudes teen hormones, gushing nonstop about her first love.  But let's see how it pans out as they move into their daily life.

I don't wish her ill, I just find her over the top silly.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

Congrats to Tony and Mykelti's on their weight loss. On a petty note, someone on another platform said Tony looked like an unmade bed at the wedding and that is the most accurate description ever. 

Sparkly pony princess is the perfect nickname for Christine, albeit a mouthful.  I still like her and don't mind watching her but will admit it would have to be in limited time increments because yes she can be a lot.  Everything I suspected about her was confirmed in the tell all when David mentioned taking her to a play and her crying. I was thinking to myself, how nice and interesting as I never thought Christine seemed to be the theatre type then it was revealed that it was the Disney play Little Mermaid.   Not that there is anything wrong with that per se but it just seems so 'on brand' for Christine. 

Anyway, there was no need to see or hear from Robyn and Kody.  It was interesting to see him start to launch into some BS diatribe vs Christine before Robyn shut him up. To throw his words to Christine back in his face, if he is indeed so in love with Robyn, then he should stop trash talking Christine. 

Meri kept it cute and classy, but we didn't need to see her either.

I thought it was a bit shady for TLC to put in subtitles for David in part of the episode. Does anyone have trouble understanding him? I don't. 

I didn't like the way the makeup artist did Christine's brows. They were Robynesque. 

• Like 16

I agree with everyone that it remains to be seen if Sparkle Pony Princess is just in a honeymoon phase or if this is really an ideal match. My husband and I were a lot like this when we met at 38 and 45. We've been together 10 years now, and it's still pretty much sunshine and roses. One reason I'm hopeful for Christine is that, like me and my husband, they won't have much if any parenting stress, and maybe not money stress either. It's pretty easy to stay honeymooners when you don't have kids and day jobs to sap all your energy.

• Like 19
  • Love 1

I thought I recalled him saying that his wife "died" years back, but I was thinking it must be cancer or a car crash? I feel bad if she did kill herself. And to think...Christine is still being trash talked by her ex, Kody. He wasn't even her legal husband....only her baby daddy!

• Like 7

I have to say that the wedding venue is stunning! Christine and David couldn’t have picked a more beautiful setting for their ceremony. If I ever get out to Utah, I’d love to stay at that lodge.

• Like 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, jschoolgirl said:

What did she say?

Truely said something about not being used to having a man in the house all the time. Christine laughed and said something like "Me too!" 

It was a cute moment. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 12
52 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Truely said something about not being used to having a man in the house all the time. Christine laughed and said something like "Me too!" 

It was a cute moment. 

Meanwhile, Aurora and the other Robyn daughters know all about having the man in the house all the time.  That was my first thought when Christine laughed about this.

• Like 10
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 2
On 1/8/2024 at 6:40 AM, js9548 said:

Yep. Both.  I liked that they were all together on that boat!  It was a cool thing to do for the folks who were there.

I DID get tired of the " I'm getting MARRRIIIEEEDDD" a thousand and one times but I'll give Christine a break.  That last marriage of hers was a total and complete screwjob.

I did close my eyes and then when I opened them again, something else was on.  

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled for Christine & David.  Just got a little boring or something.  Also, as someone who has only been through Salt Lake City once in 1971, is the pronunciation of "Moab": MO-AB or MOAB??  However you say it, absolutely gorgeous!!

• Like 8
5 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Also, as someone who has only been through Salt Lake City once in 1971, is the pronunciation of "Moab": MO-AB or MOAB??  However you say it, absolutely gorgeous!!

MO-AB (two syllables, first syllable rhymes with "toe")

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 5
On 1/8/2024 at 10:49 AM, Jst2Wld said:

I'm pretty sure I did NOT fall asleep but I didn't see the actual wedding. Is the wedding next week? Or am losing my mind?

No, you're not losing your mind.  We got through the rehersal, the rehersal dinner, the getting dressed and blah, blah... The actual WEDDING is next week.

1 minute ago, General Days said:

Thank you!

• Like 4
(edited)
On 1/8/2024 at 11:42 AM, kassa said:

I forgive Christine's gushing not just because she clearly is ecstatic, but because she's probably being prompted endlessly to talk about what's going on, and that's foremost on her mind. What other content did we have?  More Tony and Mykelti?  Kudos to Aspyn and Ysabel for some nice contributions. 

I like that David has a large family and that the two families have had extensive contact and approve. That makes me feel better about the speed at which they moved. Looks like he's been single a while and didn't have a particularly happy marriage, and for Christine it's effectively the same. No wonder they wanted to get on with it. 

ITA with you about the whole content.  I do have to say that since David's first wife has passed away, let's not start talking about whether they had a "particularly happy marriage" or not. They had 8 kids.  SOMETHING must have been working!  Plus, I just think it's not fair to talk about some poor dead person who can't defend themselves.

We can just be happy that David & Christine have found each other and happiness.

Edited by goofygirl
  • Like 10
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, gaPeach said:

I get Christine's over the top excitement.  She just escaped from the clutches of Kody and has a man to herself.

Looking back on the previous seasons and how Christine was treated, to see her today is a stark difference.  She must have been so suppressed by Kody and others for so many years.  I am happy and delighted for her.  She most certainly deserves it.

And now Kody and Robyn can be openly affectionate with each other.  Isn't that the first time we have seen him kiss any of his wife's on tape?    I mean an affectionate kiss, not just a peck kiss.

The open only shows one ring falling off.  Ummmm I think another 1 or 2 rings needs to drop off that at this point. 

I agree. All those rings need to fall off but 1.  And let us hear the tinkle of the other two falling off, thank you!

Edited by goofygirl
  • Like 11
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 1/8/2024 at 11:38 AM, Granny58 said:

anybody else surprised that Christine and David have been cohabitating!?  No?  Just me? 

Shocked and equally shocked that they've only known each other 10 months and they're getting married?   Unless I heard wrong. 

Tony is straight up gross looking. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, General Days said:

Yes. And it is the most gorgeous country all around. Late DH and I used to go there every couple of years to hike and camp. Beautiful rock formations and scenery all around. If anyone ever gets the chance to visit, do it!!

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • Like 15
  • Useful 1

Regarding the rings in the Sister Wives title animation, I would like to see one of the rings melt. Maybe that would feel cruel to Meri, and if so, I wouldn't want it. I just think that part of the story is significant.

I liked that they put a ring as the "i" in Sister Wives for Christine and David's wedding special. I thought it was a sweet touch.

• Like 8
15 hours ago, Adiba said:

I have to say that the wedding venue is stunning! Christine and David couldn’t have picked a more beautiful setting for their ceremony. If I ever get out to Utah, I’d love to stay at that lodge.

It was gorgeous and poetic justice given Meri's "look at the mountains Christine" the season before Christine finally left Kody. 

Just perfect!

• Like 10
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I could only handle Christine in smallish doses

Me too, but I didn't marry her! Marrying people you like seems an absolute minimum bar, KODY.

I would like to see a slow-motion opener of each of the three rings falling off and exploding into pieces, with the sounds of each of the OG3 laughing in the background

I was thinking of the atomic explosions from the opening scene of Oppenheimer...

• LOL 12

Yes. And it is the most gorgeous country all around. Late DH and I used to go there every couple of years to hike and camp. Beautiful rock formations and scenery all around. If anyone ever gets the chance to visit, do it!!

I loved visiting this area.  Was only there for about 1 1/2 days.  Went to Arches and Canyonlands.  At canyonlands I walked right up to the edge not realizing how dangerous it was, had there been a huge gust of wind, it wouldn't have ended well.  But it was a beautiful view.  I would love to go back and do more hiking and exploring the area.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

Christine said her "other mom" was there.  I wonder if she's still married to Christine's dad?  

I wonder if Annie getting dumped by Meri for her own mom Bonnie to run the B & B is part of why Christine doesn't trust Meri?

Was the other guy at the decorating table a brother of David?  He looked too old to be David's son or SIL.

Questions!  

Oh, and Crybrow's sarcastic "aren't we SO HAPPY for them" remark to shut Kootie up was a bitch move.  And of course, we had to see the jackass with the stupid visor being so manly, by cutting down the tree.  Those two so deserve to be stuck in marriage hell together!

I'd love to see it.  Is Moab near the polygamist group that blasts homes into a giant rock?  

• Like 10
8 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Is Moab near the polygamist group that blasts homes into a giant rock?  

It is near, The Rock is in the desert south of Moab near Canyonlands Nat. Park. I never knew anything about it other than it was there. 

Here is a link to an article in the Atlantic about it:

https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2012/11/polygamists-in-the-rock/100406/

In photo #12 the young boy holding the huge potato sure reminds me of Sol!!

• Like 2
  • Useful 5