Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E18: One on One Part 4

Ms.Lulu
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

(snip)

I think they are getting paid because they showed a brief preview and there was a split second unnecessary scene of Robyn and Kody, which pissed me off more than it should because they really was no need for them to be shown and comment on Christine wedding. 

Well, I hope it is a pittance, just as a walk on appearance, not the "star" of the show rates! Jacka$$  and Crybrows just have to be inserted in everything! There is a reason Christine and David didn't invite them. I doubt they wanted him in "their day" show. Probably a concession to TLC so they would air it separately from SW.

1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

I think it's coming clear that Christine/Kody's relationship was 100% transactional and he used her as a brood mare and childcare. It went bad when Robyn came in because Christine saw that Kody was fully capable of being an attentive and loving husband/father...just not for her/her kids.

(Ack! Messed up the multi quote feature!)

I think another draw for marrying Christine is that she was AUB(?) royalty. So he wanted that boasting right. As far as wanting Christine in any romantic fashion, not even on his radar!

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

The second best thing about Christine getting married, behind Christine finally finding true love, is that TLC has finally had to bring the series up to real time, rather than showing us footage that was shot a year and a half ago. In fact it seems that the footage they showed of Kody and Christine at lunch was a scene that we had never seen before? I don't remember it.

It appears that the one-on-one episodes were filmed after the wedding while pretending they were filmed before it? When Christine showed her engagement ring I am sure that there was also a wedding band. Not that that would be a surprise, given how TLC has manipulated the entire series for 18 seasons. 

David seems like a sweetie, it is so great to see Christine so happy. I do hope though that the series does not continue with a focus on Christine and David. I don't think it would be healthy for their marriage, given that David is not a publicity hound like Kody. 

If nothing else the 4 one-on-one episodes put Kody and his narcissism on blast. Over and over again. The look on Suki's face at times was priceless. If the series does continue with the other wives and kids, I really hope Robyn and Kody are relegated to bit players, if they are shown at all. I can't imagine anyone would miss them. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Is he, though?  Do we think?  Because I think he may think he's in love with Robyn based on comparing her to those other awful harpies he married...Robyn, sweet unassuming cap-in-hand Robyn cemented her status by subtly putting down the other wives and their pesky kids, not filling safe, and being the damsel in distress for him to rescue like a manly-man would do.  I seriously wonder if the bloom is going to quickly come off the rose for both of them, and which one will bail first.  I think their relationship only worked when the other three were knocking on the door of Kody and Robyn's blanket fort, asking if they could play too, while Kody and Robyn giggled and told them to go away, because no one liked them.  If they have no common enemies over which to bond, what on earth will they even have in common besides a love of questionable art and jool'ry?

I think you're on to something here.  I'm wondering if this is why Kody can't seem to get over his anger at Christine.  What will Robyn and Kody complain about then?  Christine has been their scapegoat for so long how will they manage without her?  Of course, people sometimes stay angry at their exes for a long time after a divorce.  Just what Kody was doing during the tell all going on about how he wouldn't let it go that Christine trashed talked him to the kids.  Grasping at straws to fill the void that is his relationship with Robyn?

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

The second best thing about Christine getting married, behind Christine finally finding true love, is that TLC has finally had to bring the series up to real time, rather than showing us footage that was shot a year and a half ago. In fact it seems that the footage they showed of Kody and Christine at lunch was a scene that we had never seen before? I don't remember it.

It appears that the one-on-one episodes were filmed after the wedding while pretending they were filmed before it? When Christine showed her engagement ring I am sure that there was also a wedding band. Not that that would be a surprise, given how TLC has manipulated the entire series for 18 seasons. 

David seems like a sweetie, it is so great to see Christine so happy. I do hope though that the series does not continue with a focus on Christine and David. I don't think it would be healthy for their marriage, given that David is not a publicity hound like Kody. 

If nothing else the 4 one-on-one episodes put Kody and his narcissism on blast. Over and over again. The look on Suki's face at times was priceless. If the series does continue with the other wives and kids, I really hope Robyn and Kody are relegated to bit players, if they are shown at all. I can't imagine anyone would miss them. 

I also thought she wore both a wedding and engagement ring in the clip.

I hope David doesn't turn out to have his own dirty laundry/skeletons in the closet. 

• Like 11
7 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

If they have no common enemies over which to bond, what on earth will they even have in common besides a love of questionable art and jool'ry?

They will bond quite well over their blame/hatred for Christine.

Ran out of milk ? Thanks Christine !!

Kids late for school ? Thanks Christine !!

Kody's curls go flat ? Thanks Christine !!

Flat tire ? Thanks Christine !!

Ari raids the mountain of cardboard boxes and makes a sled to ride down the stairs ? Thanks Christine !!

• Like 2
  • LOL 22

I think Kootie shot it straight when he said he's angry over how he believes Christine turned the kids against him when she left.  He doesn't love her or miss her, but Christine is the gateway mom for many if not most of the nonRobyn kids. Meri's checked out, Robyn is a friend to NO ONE, and often Janelle comes across as disinterested.

When Christine left many of the kids agreed with her decision.  Not saying there weren't other events and repercussions going on to help drive this, but the crap really hit the fan, then.  

Kootie is pretty uncomplicated, which is why Robyn shuts him down in conversations so often.  When he tell us what he is or what he's thinking, I think we can believe him.

• Like 14
45 minutes ago, OlderThanDirt said:

And what was the deal with that celebrity crush rubbish? That time could have been used to grill Kody about his individual relationships with the forgotten 13 or even with Robyn's kids.

true, but at least SOMEBODY'S was Ryan Reynolds.  Back off Robyn, he's mine.    Also, notice in the clip for the wedding that Robyn was "speaking Kody," and telling him they were happy for Christine. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
16 hours ago, Roslyn said:

So Kody vetted...and vetted Robyn HARD!

The petty teen in me is giggling a LOT

Whatever Kody. He saw the "Diesel Jeans" model, who "liked" HIM more than the thousand other men vying for her attention, and had to have her no matter which of his wives he had to run rough-shod over. Didn't care that she was divorced, with 3 children and a ton of debt, she was "pretty" and that's all it took to get her in.

He's so full of shit, if you planted him in Janelle's garden, you could grow a whole other Kody. God forbid.

• Like 1
  • LOL 22
26 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Last season during all the fallout after she announced she was leaving, he called her the Pied Piper who all the kids would follow. She is the heart of the family and as big as a delulu jackwagon he is, he got that fact 100% right. 

What alternative story would he have wanted, I wonder?  One in which his kids all come running back to him, decrying Christine for lying about their wonderful blameless father?  Given how Kody has disparaged many of his kids on national  television, called them names and made them feel like garbage, that was never going to happen. 

Or maybe in another version, they wander around the planet as orphans, because Christine is a terrible human but Kody wants nothing to do with them, either.  Would that make him happy?

I think he rages at Christine because deep down, in that over-permed brain of his, he knows he messed up beyond repair with most of his non-Robyn kids, and it's far easier to blame Christine for turning those precious kids against him than it is to look in the mirror and see himself for who he really is.

1 minute ago, HoneyBeach said:

He's so full of shit, if you planted him in Janelle's garden, you could grow a whole other Kody. God forbid.

If Kody were fertilizer, that would be one messed-up strain of weed Janelle harvested. 

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 8
  • LOL 11

That little clip at the end of Robyn and Kody saying they are SO HAPPY for Christine was scary…..they came off as psychotic.

I really like David, and am so happy for Christine.  I loved rewatching the clips about dating again.  She cracked me up.  It was fun to watch the lunch clip again.  Poor Kooter was rolled up in a fetal position and meanie Christine laughed….as did Gwen apparently.  😂😂😂

I hope the kids stay away from Robyn and Kody.  She is such a liar and fraud, and he is the biggest ***hole on television.  His face looked so odd to me….like one cheek was almost flat.  It was way too smooth.  He and Robyn both look like dog poop.  They are aging horribly, while Janelle and Christine look so fresh and happy.  I don’t see Janelle ever resuming anything but a superficial friendship with Kody.  As usual, Meri looked like she just rolled out of bed.  Her makeup is too dark and her eyebrows look ridiculous.  I did appreciate her reply that she understood why she wouldn’t be invited to the wedding…..she didn’t want Christine to have anything negative on that day.  I imagine the OG3 will eventually be closer.  I love Janelle and Christine’s friendship.  It just shocks the sh*t out of me that Kody prefers unattractive, dowdy, frowny, no personality whatsoever Robyn over Christine’s fun and playful personality.  I felt so bad for Christine when she said Kody wouldn’t kiss her.  He’s a jack wagon.  I heard him again say “his” kids will need to come to him, Suki cut him off, but he’s despicable.  

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

What alternative story would he have wanted, I wonder?  One in which his kids all come running back to him, decrying Christine for lying about their wonderful blameless father?  Given how Kody has disparaged many of his kids on national  television, called them names and made them feel like garbage, that was never going to happen. 

Or maybe in another version, they wander around the planet as orphans, because Christine is a terrible human but Kody wants nothing to do with them, either.  Would that make him happy?

He wanted a good old fashion, olde time religion shunning. Plain and simple. 

• Like 22
13 hours ago, xls said:

Did Kody say in part 3 or 4 that he wanted to punch someone? did I hear right?

the guy is scary psychopathic now!  

I remember way back in season 1 or 2 there was a scene where the whole family had either gone out to eat or gone to the mall or something as as the group was walking back to the car a couple of Janelle's boys got onto an argument I think with Paedon  over something stupid like who's going to sit where in the van and they really got loud and a police officer told them to break it up. Two seconds later Kody came over and thanked the officer and said something like "I was going to punch both of them in the face in a minute." At the time I thought: What a crappy father. He's the adult in this situation. Model better behavior for your sons.

• Like 14
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 4
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I think he rages at Christine because deep down, in that over-permed brain of his, he knows he messed up beyond repair with most of his non-Robyn kids, and it's far easier to blame Christine for turning those precious kids against him than it is to look in the mirror and see himself for who he really is.

If Kody were fertilizer, that would be one messed-up strain of weed Janelle harvested. 

I totally believe he KNOWS. He's just so far gone and prideful, he refuses to turn back. I think of the conversation with Ysabel and Christine regarding his refusal to get her the surgery, when she says "I won't do it daddy, I won't get the surgery, I promise." (paraphrased) For a split second, you can see it in his eyes, he KNOWS he's effing up, he KNOWS he's being a lousy dad. I actually held my breath during that clip thinking maybe he'd do the right thing, but he must of thought "Robyn won't like it" and poof, it's gone. He instead doubles down and makes her promise not to blame him or be bitter. I have to say, that scene was the point of no return for me with this jackass.

• Like 9
  • Sad 11
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Robyn needs permission to be happy! Really? Did she need permission when she and Kody got rid of the family claddagh rings? Did she need permission when they bought the pair of matching gold jackass rings? Did she need permission when she got a new wedding ring set? 

THIS!   The permission BS is just to be a victim.  

• Like 13
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

This times 1000. It's just like at the end of Pretty in Pink when Andrew McCarthy calls out Jes Spader as s***.  Kody knows he messed up, so he rages. (Had to get that movie reference in).

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

He is so jealous of the relationships that Christine has with those kids, and it is beyond his comprehension why they all love her more than they love their father! You get what you give douchebag.

• Like 16
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

Listen Kody, if parents get divorced,the kids will want to know why. And this "we grew apart" shit doesn't cut it. So Christine discussed that you no longer were attracted to her plus they can see everything right there on their tv.

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, HoneyBeach said:

That's hilarious!

2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Also hilarious!

2 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

It cracks me up how Kody keeps mentioning, ad nauseam, how Christine trashes him, but he keeps repeating that she was a “shitty sister wife”, he was never in love with her or attracted to her.  I loved when he said he hoped Christine could get over it and Suki replied, I think she’s over it….in a mocking tone.  😂😂

Right? Kody trashes Christine all the time. To the extent that Kody doesn't trash Christine to the (OG13) kids, it's only that none of them will talk to him.

(Okay, that's not exactly true, but it is true in my heart.)

16 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

Listen Kody, if parents get divorced,the kids will want to know why. And this "we grew apart" shit doesn't cut it. So Christine discussed that you no longer were attracted to her plus they can see everything right there on their tv.

Christine's older girls (i.e. not Truely) knew their mom wasn't being treated right. They maybe didn't know about the end of intimacy, but they saw how he treated her (and them) in comparison to Robyn (and her children), and they told Christine how they felt about it. I believe this happened long before Christine talked about anything with them. 

I am pretty sure Christine started talking to them (and to Maddie) about it, only once she had made up her mind to leave and needed to summon her courage to do it.

• Like 16
  • Love 1

On the plus side, for part 4:  David is a man in love.

On the minus side:  way too much Kootie.  For someone who never loved Christine, he certainly is seething that she left his rotten ass.  

Go ahead, Kootie, keep telling everyone what a good man you are, and how unfair it is that the wife you never loved, is trash-talking you to your kids.  You're full of shit, and prove it every time you open your mouth.  

Crybrows wanting the OG 3 wive's blessings is hilarious.  😂

• Like 11
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, altopower said:

Boy, here's a real truth that we've all experienced. I have no sympathy for Robyn on this. You don't get to tell the OG wives to come to you, kiss your horse ring, and depart from the fambly with your blessing and freedom to live with Kody in monogamy. That's not the way any of this works, you moron.

Sorry Crybrows, the OG3 no longer need to bow to your wishes to stay in Kodouche's good books.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6

So Kody vetted Robyn hard.  Eeewww, did not need the mental image that conjured up.

Christine got positively giddy when David came on the set.  It is clear the two of them are in love.  I hope things go well for them and that he is sincere and not just trying to get on TV.  I did like some of his answers, though I wish he would have shut things down when Suki tried to ask him why he thought Christine and Kody's marriage failed.  That's not something that's appropriate for him to answer.  I did love it when he responded to Kody's speculation that he was going to come to Kody one day complaining about Christine.  He just quietly said that wasn't going to happen.

I can understand why Christine is so smitten.  It has to be a revelation to her to have a guy who actually wants her.  Kody missed no opportunity to tell her and the viewing audience how he wasn't attracted to her, never loved her, and found her disgusting.  And the fact that he never kissed her must have been horrible.  I'm glad she gets to have someone who is showing her that she is desirable.  I hope all the OG3 get that from someone.

I laughed at Robyn's fake crying yet again as she said that she just can't be happy unless the OG3 come to the precious moments emporium to release her from her bond or whatever she was on about.  I especially found it interesting that she wanted it off camera.  That tells me that if they actually did it, she would lie about what happened and no one could check previous episodes to see her lies.  Talk about Machiavellian.  My guess is she's setting the stage to leave him and putting the blame on the evil wives yet again.  Either way, it would be amusing if the OG3 called her bluff and went together to set her free.  They could even make up a huge banner to get it through to her.  They are clearly done.  

Kody is really getting a little scary.  When they showed the scene where Christine was talking with Aspyn and Mykelti you could feel the rage coming through the TV.  That little square in the corner was about to burst into flames.  I agree with everyone else, it's not trash talk when he has made no secret of his feelings for Christine all along.  Mykelti wasn't agreeing to gain favor with Christine (please), she was agreeing because she knew it was true.  She and most of the adult kids have watched the show and heard what Kody says about Christine.  And also about some of them.  Why would anyone want to talk to someone who called them an a**hole on national TV?

I know most won't agree, but on some level I do feel bad for Meri.  She made some terrible decisions which brought her to this point, but there does come a point where people just get in the habit of finding fault with you and it gets old.  i appreciated her gracious take on Christine's wedding and it seemed she genuinely wishes her the best.  I felt Christine came across as a bit of a mean girl talking about inviting Meri's child, but not her.  She has the right to invite who she wants, but at least be a little sensitive knowing that Kody treated Meri just as poorly as he treated Christine. 

I have said before that in some ways (not the terrible choices) I identify with Meri because I have a low speaking voice and I am not pretty and bubbly like Christine.  It does make a difference in how people treat you and respond to you.  If Meri had said some of the things Christine said in these episodes, she would have been labeled evil, but Christine being attractive can get away with it.  I hope Meri can get with a good therapist and get to the bottom of her issues and make better choices going forward.  I do want her to find people who lover her as she is rather than complaining that she doesn't fit into some box they created.  But she needs to quit lying to herself and quit filtering her pictures.  People will not love you for who you are if you keep pretending to be someone else.  

ETA: One more question, in the preview for Christine's wedding episode toward the very end of the preview there was a shot of someone in pink sweats and a white top sitting on the floor of what looked like a hotel seemingly upset.  I couldn't tell what they were saying or who it was.  Did anyone catch that or did I imagine it?  I did laugh at Kody and Robyn's "best wishes" for Christine.  And the stupid visor made another appearance.

Edited by Meow Mix
Forgot something.
  • Like 9
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

He wanted a good old fashion, olde time religion shunning. Plain and simple. 

Well, this is one aspect of all the wives defecting I would have liked to hear about. My understanding was, like it our not, the religion that was the justification for the 4 marriages is patriarchal in nature, for the most part.  I would have liked to hear Kody mansplain how he now views his eternal future to be looking. Robyn acting as if other wives had to come to her, and let her know that her gig as a sister wife to them was over, seemed contradictory based on what rudimentary knowledge I possessed about how the faith works, or in this case, didnt. It came off to me as if Robyn viewed herself as wife #1, co-ruler with King Kody. The lack of discussion by Robyn and Kody about any plans they had for maintaining a relationship the remaining minor children of Christine's  was very strange. I totally agree with other posters that the glue holding Kody and Robyn's marriage together was the other 3 wives. He could visit the others to remind Robyn he was a superstud, and when he didn't go, Robyn was sure she was the world's most desirable woman...in Flagstaff anyway, lol. The other issue Kody and Robyn needed to be pressed on was how once children become adults, a parent can expect to still be in charge of, or control their decisions! They are both so dictatorial and judgemental, no wonder no one wants to have anything to do with either of them.

• Like 17
48 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

ETA: One more question, in the preview for Christine's wedding episode toward the very end of the preview there was a shot of someone in pink sweats and a white top sitting on the floor of what looked like a hotel seemingly upset.  I couldn't tell what they were saying or who it was.  Did anyone catch that or did I imagine it?  I did laugh at Kody and Robyn's "best wishes" for Christine.  And the stupid visor made another appearance.

That was Christine!  I agree she looked different.  And my prediction is that she's not really upset, she's probably more overwhelmed at everything that's happening. 

And Robyn's "we're so happy for Christine" wish was total sarcasm.  Mocking Christine for wishing her and Kody all the best.  Those two are the worst.

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4