Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E17: One on One: Part 3

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

In Part 3 of this one-on-one interview special, Kody talks about sabotaging his relationship with Robyn. Suki discovers how a personality test might have contributed to the family drama, and Christine reveals her engagement to David.

Air Date: December 10, 2023

• Like 1

Poor Kody.  Everyone pretending Kody isn't the most important person in the world.  It's all a front.  He understands why they feel the need to ignore him - for their own well being.

Good thing Kody can shoulder it.

;) 

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 18
7 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

As for Kody...he regales us with his twisted idea about taking a "lover" and then telling said lover that he simply cannot continue, because the real love of his life is currently at home drawing on her eyebrows.  I took a quick poll of all the women on planet Earth and no one wants to be Kody Brown's lover so for the love, put that particular twisted fantasy to bed, sir.  

What was his point by coming up with this bizarre statement? Does anyone think maybe pool boy is toying with the idea of finding another sister wife so that he can go to TLC and say see the show can continue as Sister Wives. Because as things stand now I don't see how this show can continue.

• Like 18
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

What was his point by coming up with this bizarre statement? Does anyone think maybe pool boy is toying with the idea of finding another sister wife so that he can go to TLC and say see the show can continue as Sister Wives. Because as things stand now I don't see how this show can continue. 

IMO, it won't continue past another season, maaaybe two, because viewership right now is due to finally getting to see some truth, however slowly they drip-feed it to us.  But that can't go on for long. Unless they completely drop anyone it will likely keep the same name because TLC isn't going to spend any money 'rebranding' these people. Name accuracy doesn't matter unfortunately, MTV has a show with 30 yo women called 'Teen Mom'. 

• Like 14
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
8 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

That personality test wasn't something Christine found in Cosmo magazine that she made all the wives take for shits and giggles. I think they took it when they first went to that waste of a degree therapist Nancy. Christine couldn't possibly have taken it for her.

This was the big question for me.  A genuine therapist wouldn't use a test to determine "personality type"--this is, for me, *exactly* the kind of test you'd take for shits and giggles.  The closest to anything like this being used in a serious situation is maybe for hiring purposes.  My husband used to come home from management seminars with tests like this, to be used to figure out how to get the best from employees.

And then it sounded like Crybrows was implying that the test was Christine's evaluation of her personality, or that Christine took the test *for* her--which is not the feeling I got from the other wives.

I assumed it was one of those online personality "tests" that tell you what breed of dog you're most like, or what your favorite color tells about you.  It never occurred to me that it might have been a serious evaluation by their "therapist."  In that case--whoa.

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

Those tests - Meyers Briggs, True Colours, etc. - are still commonly used in workplaces for "team building" (gag) and learning how to communicate with your co-workers.  I detest them.

• Like 19
  • Applause 4
1 hour ago, MsMalin said:

I don't quite know what they all mean by "safe". As far as we know, they are physically safe.
So, mentally safe. If they are on guard, what can happen to them to be in the presence of someone else in the family? What are they going to do to them to make them feel unsafe? I don't understand. And why cry about losing these people that make you feel unsafe?

I also don't understand all this "safe" talk. No one in my life uses this term the way I think the Browns are using it. Safe from what ? Safe from emotional conflict, I guess.

I agree the personality test was one of the numerous stupid tests I see on the internet. Christine probably took it and sent it to the other adults as a joke. Robyn as per usual loses her damn mind and becomes the victim. Again. 

As a parent, Robyn is doing her children a tremendous disservice with this victim mentality. In most families with a lot of kids, there will be some mudslinging. And of course, it will always be on the playground and in the halls at school and online and in the workplace. She should teach them to toughen up a little, stick up for themselves and each other, return a little fire when they can, and ignore what they cant.

• Like 14
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

I'm not too sure that someone told her kids that the others hate them.  But I bet that Robyn told them this often over the past few years. I wish that Suki would have asked her how participating in a gift exchange with the other kids not be safe? Robyn is behind all of this BS about things not being safe and being bullied.  She got on that video chat for one reason and that was to control what went down and make sure her children would not participate. A good mother would have let her children handle this on their own and told them told gee that sounds like fun. Especially when said children were 22, 20 and 18 at the time.  I think Robyn is a horrible mother who will stoop to anything to isolate her adult children from their siblings. She doesn't care about her children she cares about herself and her grip on Kody. 

Yes, this.  And IMHO if this was all for the sake of the younger children, 9 pm seems like a pretty late hour for young kids to be up and about.  Not that I'm implying that Robyn is not a good mother, I'm just saying....

• Like 8
  • Wink 1
49 minutes ago, Mothra said:

This was the big question for me.  A genuine therapist wouldn't use a test to determine "personality type"--this is, for me, *exactly* the kind of test you'd take for shits and giggles.  The closest to anything like this being used in a serious situation is maybe for hiring purposes.  My husband used to come home from management seminars with tests like this, to be used to figure out how to get the best from employees.

And then it sounded like Crybrows was implying that the test was Christine's evaluation of her personality, or that Christine took the test *for* her--which is not the feeling I got from the other wives.

I assumed it was one of those online personality "tests" that tell you what breed of dog you're most like, or what your favorite color tells about you.  It never occurred to me that it might have been a serious evaluation by their "therapist."  In that case--whoa.

The personality test reminded me of 16personalities.com.  This is an online personality test based on the psychological scale using OCEAN. Diplomat is one of the possible personality types.  I take this test every year when teaching my high school psychology course and my personality always comes out the same description. The students also say the test is a pretty accurate description of their personality.  So if this is the test they took, I would say it's fairly accurate.

• Like 5
  • Useful 13
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Robyn has always wanted to eliminated anyone who came before her, imo.

She is certainly quite the character to unwrap. Watching the old episodes back you can see her sour face when anyone talks about the "before time". She desperately wanted what the OG wives had...but somehow she wanted a fantasy version because it's pretty obvious that they were all dysfunctional from the get go. She wants what she wants, but she doesn't want to actually work at getting it...she wants it handed to her and "performed" for her.

• Like 21
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Although I believe Robyn lied about taking the test, I do believe she made a valid point regarding Christine taking that test with her in mind.  Back then, Christine was obsessed with all things Robyn, and I could see her taking the test using her own perceptions of how Robyn would answer in an effort to get insights on how to handle the Robyn/Kootie situation.  

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
Spelling
  • Like 3

Maybe I’m reading too much into this, but did anyone else catch when Meri said (regarding her marriage to Kody) that nothing had happened to break the covenant at that time?  My mind immediately went to Robyn’s spiel about the only way to break the covenant is to sleep with another man.  Could Meri have found herself a man?  Or am I desperately grasping at straws for something interesting in this drawn out tell nothing?  I think the latter is more likely 😏

• Like 7
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, CriticalMass said:

Kody’s misuse (and overuse) of the terms on his Manosphere Word of the Day Calendar amuse me. Today’s blunder brought to you by self deprecation. 

Someone get that damn thing away from him.  And all the work gloves.  All!!!

• Like 3
  • LOL 13
2 hours ago, procrasstinator said:

Yes, this.  And IMHO if this was all for the sake of the younger children, 9 pm seems like a pretty late hour for young kids to be up and about.  Not that I'm implying that Robyn is not a good mother, I'm just saying....

I'm implying that she's not a good mother, her and Kody have said before that they let Ari stay up until one or two in the morning, bouncing off the walls, Ari still sucks on a binkie and turns 8 in January. Sobbyn sleeps in until late afternoon and she has brainwashed her older children into thinking the whole family hates them and wants nothing to do with them. She has to have a nanny because she can't or doesn't want to take care of the two youngest ones, plus she has three older kids that could help out with them. She's a horrible mom. 

1 hour ago, Kbo said:

Maybe I’m reading too much into this, but did anyone else catch when Meri said (regarding her marriage to Kody) that nothing had happened to break the covenant at that time?  My mind immediately went to Robyn’s spiel about the only way to break the covenant is to sleep with another man.  Could Meri have found herself a man?  Or am I desperately grasping at straws for something interesting in this drawn out tell nothing?  I think the latter is more likely 😏

I took it to mean they were talking about the catfish incident. Kody acted like Meri was sleeping with someone when she was just talking to them and never met the person. He always acted like it worse than it was. 

1 hour ago, sassi214 said:

Robyn is a FREAKING LIAR! And she was caught.

Horrible woman.

It seems like she forgets that all of the 18 episodes are filmed and that we can see any episodes whenever we want. She's always lying about the way things were and we can always go back and see what really happened on the past episodes. 

• Like 20
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

I think “safe” began with Covid, twisted as a weapon

I remember Truely, during the first horrible bike lessons with Kody, screaming "I don't feel safe", so it's apparently a buzzword they've used for years. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
7 hours ago, JDAlexander said:

lol! And we all know he meant to say “self- defecation!” Because he was sitting there like a lying sack of, well, self-defecation! 😂😂😂

Hahahaha I just made a comment about "self defecation" before i read your comment...like minds, but you beat me to it 🤣

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
18 minutes ago, Pixilicious said:

I'm surprised he didn't say "self defecation"

Right, because he’s full of 💩!

Robyn never remembers anything that doesn’t fit her narrative— she’s the Kato Kaelin of Sister Wives.

• Like 9
  • LOL 11
17 minutes ago, Quof said:

I remember Truely, during the first horrible bike lessons with Kody, screaming "I don't feel safe", so it's apparently a buzzword they've used for years. 

in that instance she could have legit meant she was afraid of bashing her knees on the pavement. 

• Like 9
19 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I want to ask Kody why he hates his life so much since he has everything he wanted. Is it all about money? He has the one wife and kids he can stand-go off and live with crying Robyn. I really can’t stand the sobbing voice she uses when almost anything is brought up. I’m still mad at her about screwing up the sibling gift exchange which was something they all looked forward to and had fun with. 
Robyn also needs to understand that kids who all grew up together are going to be closer than stepchildren who enter the family. She also has done nothing to get the kids together or to act like a loving stepmother. Outside of sleeping all day and having the nanny take care of the little ones, I’m guessing the rest of the time she is either complaining about the rest of the family or demanding something for herself. Hmm, maybe I have figured out why Kody hates his life. 

She needs to look at whatever relationships she has with her step family 

• Like 5