Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E11: Airing the Dirty Laundry

altopower
  • Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

There's Janelle. They needed to work her in for the paycheck.

I feel like the Legend of Janelle Brown Breadwinner has carried on about 16 seasons too long.

Once the Browns left Utah, Janelle did the bare minimum, outside of the show. She got her real estate agent license, but she struggled to even sell the cul-de-sac houses. Meri has been the wife earning the most money through the evil MLMs, and then probably Christine. Janelle has been bringing up the rear just head of Robyn (because at least Janelle has done some of the MLMs). 

Once upon a time, Janelle was a career woman, but that hasn't been the case since Lehi. It's just become her image.

9 minutes ago, altopower said:

I don't know anyone's number anymore because they're all keyed into the phone. I would think Robyn would have added all the kids into his phone for him.

I make myself dial my husband's number, my mother's number, and my kids' numbers, so that if I'm ever stuck without my own phone, I will still be able to call them.

• Like 6
  • Useful 9
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, General Days said:

I make myself dial my husband's number, my mother's number, and my kids' numbers, so that if I'm ever stuck without my own phone, I will still be able to call them.

Because you're not Kody :)

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

When Robyn was giving birth to Solomon, I think it was very strange that Kody said several times.“he looks like my boys”.

Why is Robyn making that face when she says Truely is turning 12?

Kody’s adopted children are 24, 20 & 18.  The oldest son is living outside in an RV.  The evil step sisters are still in the house.  

Edited by Emmeline
  • Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I remember the horrible way Kootie tried to make Truely ride her bike. It was cruel!

Nice to see a positive approach this time letting her call the shots as far as she wants to try. She'll get it in her own time.

• Like 21

Another thought: The network really seems to be testing out how we would react to more content about the Christine Brown family and the Janelle Brown family.

It feels like they are slowly shifting the mix to see how to extend the show. The powers that be have ensured that viewers see unlikeable Kody and Robyn Brown.

And one other thought. The recycled footage could have been because this may have been when Janelle and Meri both said they wanted to be paid directly, rather than through the family pot.

Thanks, all. See you next week.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 7
2 minutes ago, altopower said:

Be back in the morning to comment more. Bedtime for me now, though. Night, all!

Yeah, I need to call it a day too. Plus I need to think over what we just saw, before I comment any more.

• Like 2

Two weeks ago, we heard about Janelle and Kody celebrating Janelle’s birthday, which is in May. Tonight they celebrated Truely’s birthday which is in April. I am extremely confused about the show’s timeline. They seem to be going backwards.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I have up not until now agreed with some who saw a few of this season's episodes as boring, slow and repetitive, but I felt that way this episode. 

They showed the footage of Truly being born twice this episode. Why was that necessary? Given what's happened seeing Kody in those scenes looking at his phone, hard to think he  isn't texting Robyn or at least thinking hurry up and give birth already so I can get back to the love of my life. LOL!

And good gawd, if I have to hear Christine talk about plygs and hospital births one more damn time.... 

Hearing Janelle saying she had a different mindset and has Kody down as father on her kids birth certificates makes me wonder if Christine doesn't out of that fear.

Last week I wondered if Meri was faking this to keep the checks rolling or she was really the type that need a brick building to fall on her to get a clue. Looks like it is the latter. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, altopower said:

I don't know anyone's number anymore because they're all keyed into the phone. I would think Robyn would have added all the kids into his phone for him.

he can just go to his call history and redial.  He's an ass.  What we really need on this board is a RAGE emoji.  

• Like 14
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

TLC has scraped the bottom of the barrel so much that there is a hole in it and all logic has leaked out.  The timelines are wonky, the stories are all repetitive and the flashback scenes are stupid - with the exception of Doofus badgering Truley about riding a bike.  Even the titles make no sense - "Airing the Dirty Laundry" is what this whole season has been.  Pad it with some scenes of the countryside and downtown Flagstaff to use up air time and this is just one big boring mess.

There isn't even that much to snark on because we have heard it all before ad infinitum.  And it doesn't help to already know what has happened since this crap was filmed a year or two ago.  Aren't the twins in school by now?

Pull the plug already.

• Like 10
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Mild Strain says the genius.

No asswipe you deserted your children when you starting with calling them "Janelle's kids" or "Christine's kids". You don't call them and its your job to maintain a relationship. 

"We" didn't shred that mission miss-statement, you did.

I would sort of watch the show if Christine and Janelle continued without Kody. (By sort of, I mean reading something while it's on tv lol)

Edited by Chicklet
  • Like 16
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

In this context, I can see Meri not completely getting how abandoned she actually has been until he directly told her he was done. I really get that. And I know it must have been awful for her and damn him for being too chickenshit to actually just tell her long ago instead of limping along this way.

Agreed. We had the advantage of seeing Kody say over and over and over in TH segments that he was finished with Meri, but she didn't get the words until this episode. Meri is a very literal person who needs to see and hear things for herself. Well, except for the catfishing incident, which probably really made her turn inward and less trusting of what she thinks is going on around her. She needed to hear the words directly from Kody that he didn't want any kind of a relationship with her. He's a shit for not doing it long ago, and even more so for deciding to do it on their anniversary. But at least he did and she heard it.

• Like 12
10 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Why is Robyn making that face when she says Truely is turning 12?

She later mentioned that she will be a teenager next year. That's when boys will start sniffing around her. Of course Robins daughter is a good girl who only visits with boys. Cody's other girls from other wives are all bad girls.

• Like 6
  • Sad 4
8 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

Because they RESPECT Kody.  It’s about RESPECT.

When I witness how Kody manages his family, I always think of that scene in Glengarry Glen Ross.

"Put that coffee down, coffee is for closers (respectful loyals) only.

• Like 5
  • LOL 10
1 hour ago, altopower said:

Agreed. We had the advantage of seeing Kody say over and over and over in TH segments that he was finished with Meri, but she didn't get the words until this episode. Meri is a very literal person who needs to see and hear things for herself. 

But does she not watch the show?  Or someone who cares for her, who might guide her along in the acknowledgement that Kody has no desire to be in a relationship with her, perhaps other than a financial one that benefits him?  How could we, their audience, have been crystal clear for so long about this while Meri has remained in the dark?  

And Meri, since you seem to be finally opening your eyes, see this: your dear friend Robyn, with whom you claim to have such a wonderful relationship, has spent the past x number of years maneuvering and manipulating for the purpose of becoming the sole owner of your husband's affections. Robyn is no friend to you.  Time to cut ties and move on.  

• Like 20
  • Applause 4

Mitch = my favorite of all the husbands in this show. Which is admittedly a low bar (looking at you, Kody and Tony) but the gentle way he encouraged Truley was fabulous. I was once afraid he would desire polygamy since it was in his family's background but maybe not. 

Aspyn was always my favorite kid and the just solidified it for me. She must have a good head on her shoulders. 

All I can say about Kody is what I have said before: each week he stoops lower than before, shocking me with his despicable thoughts and actions. 

And based on the talking heads, I think Tony (at least and possibly Mykelti) is using Ozempic. His hair has that thinning, fried, wispy look that is widespread among users. And I think Mykelti's looks a little thinner than it used to....

• Like 4
  • Useful 7

During the flashback to the commitment ceremony in Vegas when Robyn recited her part and started squeezing out dry tears, is it just me or did it look like Janelle was struggling to suppress a snicker at Robyn's boo-hooing?

• Like 4
  • LOL 20

This show has officially reached background noise status for me.  I read the description which tells me everything I need to know.  Then I check my phone or have a snack while I occasionally glance at the TV.  Mykelti's having babies!  Truly still can't ride a bicycle!  Kody says his relationship with his kids isn't the same anymore!  Meri says she and Kody don't love each other!  On to the next episode.

• Like 13
  • Applause 2

I was rolling my eyes so much I’m surprised I could still see the tv when they showed those flashbacks of the mission statement and commitment ceremony season.
It was an endless, boring and stupid season then that was obviously producer driven to give them something to film. Kody was already with his soulmate so was lying through his teeth about committing to his family.

• Like 15
  • Love 1

Mitch and Paedon teaching Truley to ride a bike was so sweet. So different than Kody's teaching style of "Learn bike riding at gunpoint."

So Dayton lives in an RV? I must have missed that. Was that his choice? Sort of his "first apartment"?

Finally, Kody is a cruel, abusive ***hole!! "Your life is not something I would want to insert myself into." Who says that?? However, I think Kody and Meri should have just ended things like 10 or 12 years ago. I hope Meri just moves on at this pint and creates a new life.

• Like 18
1 hour ago, MamaGee said:

And based on the talking heads, I think Tony (at least and possibly Mykelti) is using Ozempic. His hair has that thinning, fried, wispy look that is widespread among users. And I think Mykelti's looks a little thinner than it used to....

They’ve both lost a ton of weight.  Maybe it’s Ozempic, or maybe it’s that MLM drink the whole family is peddling. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
3 minutes ago, applewood said:

So Dayton lives in an RV? I must have missed that. Was that his choice? Sort of his "first apartment"?

Isn't it parked in his mother's back yard? She is going to make sure that Dayton is tied to her apron strings for as long as she can. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 7
7 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Isn't it parked in his mother's back yard? She is going to make sure that Dayton is tied to her apron strings for as long as she can. 

I pity the people that end up with Crybrows as a mother-in-law.  That is, if she ever lets her spawn get married.  

• Like 10
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 7
26 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Couldn’t someone with a car I that family go get more food ?

Not for the sake of Truley's birthday...she is Christine's daughter and we all know how "evil" Christine is!  NO! I got that wrong, it is the sperm donor that is the evil one!

I was kind of surprised they even put on the show of giving Truely a "party". (Producer driven??)

• Like 17
  • Useful 1
13 hours ago, General Days said:

Once upon a time, Janelle was a career woman, but that hasn't been the case since Lehi. It's just become her image.

I think after being the breadwinner she was not going to work and kick money into the family pot ON TOP of doing the show when the other wives weren't.  I think Meri, smartly, banked all her MLM scam money in her own name.  But as far as Janelle was concerned, it was the largest and steadiest paycheck they'd seen and enough to meet her needs, so earning more and splitting it 87 ways wasn't worth it.

10 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

That birthday party seemed so depressing. Gee, I wonder why Kody isn't close to Ysabel? Could it be him abandoning her when she had major back surgery? Maybe?

I

She definitely had an uncharacteristic scowl on, which I suspect came from the camera coming out to play happy families for the show. 

45 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

They’ve both lost a ton of weight.  Maybe it’s Ozempic, or maybe it’s that MLM drink the whole family is peddling. 

I think they did keto. I remember some insta post way back about loving the no carb lifestyle and showing something delicious they were eating. But then as the weight loss really began to show, there were MLM ads implying that was what caused the weight loss. But I'm going with keto.

I enjoy the flashback scenes. Now that I'm used to the "kids" being "adults" it's fascinating to see them as grade schoolers, and try to catch the dynamics.  Especially since first time around I could never tell all the blonde girls apart. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Random musings:

3 hours ago, Cancun said:

Robyn apparently spent the grocery budget on Precious Moments, because at Truely’s party Kody announced “everyone only gets a half piece - we only got 6 pieces!” Chicken breasts, not filet mignon, mind you. 🙄

Kody & Robyn: How can we tell Truley her birthday doesn't matter to us without *telling* Truley that her birthday doesn't matter to us?   I know, let's not get enough food, "decorate" using the tableware and balloons left over from Ariblahblah's last extravaganza, and not buy her any gifts! 

Ysabel continues to show remarkable restraint and generosity of spirit by agreeing to participate in events with Kody and Robyn.  I think she is doing is just to help out Truley, really.  She's a good big sister.

Truley needs a bike that fits her ... the seat looked like it was positioned as low as it could go, but she still had to walk on her tiptoes.  And there is nothing wrong with training wheels.  They are a "thing" because they work!  And Christine needed to shut the hell up.  Lance Armstrong would have given up if he'd had to listen to her constant yapping. 

I lost count of how many (adjective omitted) childbirth scenes I had to witness with no warning.  Thanks, TLC.  And whatever happened to Truley's twin?  Or did they just show her being born TWICE?!?  I'm not sure because I was watching with my eyes closed at that point. 

Robyn is a malignant bitch, cringing at Truley turning 12, which is almost 13 (which is apparently the age little girls turn into delinquent, troublemaking whores or something).  

Please tell me Gabe did not use the fence as the fourth wall of the raised planting bed.  That is a bad idea for several (obvious) reasons.  And why was Janelle buying expensive, mature plants in pots that look like they were meant to hold the plant for it's entire lifespan (not just until you plant them?).  Does anyone on this show ever know what they are doing? 

The scene of Janelle in the car with Kody acting all coquettish, petting her hair and saying she "just wants them to be easy" for the night still pisses me off.  It's nice for her to get a free, fancy dinner from Robyn's husband, but her self-serving temporary "truces" with Kody only decrease the incentive for him to make peace with "her" sons.  I mean, he seems to want Janelle back (for whatever reason).  I wouldn't be giving him the time of day (much less hope of a reconciliation) until he got squared away with my kids. 

Just the way Kody says you won't get my love until I get your obedience  respect, I would be saying you don't get my  time until you show consideration for my children. 

11 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

I was kind of surprised they even put on the show of giving Truely a "party". (Producer driven??)

Can you imagine how dull it would have been had it NOT been her birthday?  As it was, it was painfully lifeless.  How tedious a regular night around there must be ... 

The only interesting part of watching anything happen at Robyn's house is the chance it offers to survey the mountains of random crap she has accumulated (last night I learned she has an affinity for figural lemon decorations in her kitchen).  Oh, and we get to catch glimpses of how ... challenging ... Ariblahblah's behavior is.  That kid never quits.  I can't wait to see HER at thirteen! 

I enjoyed seeing how Maddie not talking to Kody seems to actually hurt him.  They were once so close and I think that is causing him to question what is happening.  But only briefly, of course.  It is due to Covid, right.   But Maddie lives a couple of thousand miles away.  Whay did Covid have to do with her deciding to no longer reach out to Kody?  Did his doctor tell him you can catch Covid over the phone or something, so that explains Maddie not fulfilling her obligation to initiate contact with him?  Because it's HER job, of course. Never his.  

TLC needs to stop with the endless dog abuse commercials.  I can't take it ... that's why I stopped watching RuPaul. I had to change the channel one too many times and just never went back.

• Like 10
  • Applause 5
  • Love 8