Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E11: The Case of the Missing Phone

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

How do you come back from the vicious fight Erin and Ubah had to tell each other "I love you". Stop the bullshit, girlies. 

I think Brynn is disgusting. Her constand sex kitten laughing is so annoying. She was on wWHL last night and all she did was laugh after every stupid thing she said, make stupid sex innuendo's and flirt with Any and the guest. Andy loves her, though. 

Yes, and the ridiculous winking even during the talking heads? I find myself with a constant contorted face and audibly saying, "gross" every time she's on. "I'm wet!" <?> siiiigh. So nasty, unimaginative, common, and banal. 

And the 'explanation' of her job? 🙄 Her skill set seems limited to butt plug aficionado on OF. 🤮

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2

I think Ubah had already been annoyed with the women hanging up on Jessel...but didn't step in because Jessel was handling them with words.

Ubah probably was freaked out because of her keeping contact with family..and Erin seemed like she didn't care or seem sorry.

Ubah was giving the silent treatment because she was steamed...but all the women were pestering her.  And she and Erin are more alike then either want to admit..both make mountains out of molehills, both get pissed, and both kind of act entitled.

• Like 10

I try really hard to get into this show, but it’s not delivering what I would hope for in a HW show. Yes, the beach scenery was pretty. Yes, there was some nice fashions (mostly Ubah), but there’s nothing organic with these women. 
   In no way would I want to fight with Ubah. I bets she can fight dirty. I’m growing tired of the Brynn sex kitten act. That she wants to marry Jenna? Just no. Jessel keeping tabs on other’s behavior..that’s not going to end up well. Sai just wanted everyone to get along so ok. 
   I agree that Erin has been seriously spoiled. I didn’t believe her crocodile tears. 

• Like 10
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

I agree. I mean I don't actually dislike her that much but she definitely doesn't get the "God all the ladies suck EXCEPT for Jenna" thumbs up from me.

She gets side eye too. Look, I get insecurities and lifelong hang ups and stuff like that especially with some of the physical details she' s dealt with but what bugs about Jenna is that she plays up the whole "ugly duckling" self deprecating angle a little too much for my taste. Give it a rest honey. Not completely buying it because there's gotta be some spice, some self appreciation and some lime light chasing in your bones that has you join a show like this.

Agreed. Surely she had some inkling of RHONY and the HoWives universe. If you know of Ramona and Bethenny there's no way you couldn't have been semi-prepared for the behavior from your castmates. (Ramona would eat these women whole, lol)

And while I do like Jenna (mostly because she seems like our touchstone to reality when everyone else is annoying and/or unlikeable), I'm a bit over her body insecurities. The woman is built like a model - 6 feet and super thin. She could wear pretty much anything off the rack and look great. Her going on and on about not wearing a suit in front of the camera and the other women? Please. A lot of women would kill to look like you in a bathing suit or strapless dress and still be able to eat cheese.

I remember her era of J Crew - nothing above a size 14 and as a woman who is also 6 ft and a true size 14, even that was looked down upon. Jenna seems like a nice person, but it was not a particularly inclusive era of J Crew. Skinny, skinny, skinny jeans, tiny bathing suits, the advent of size 00, etc. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 11
6 hours ago, Panda Bear said:

Also, Ubah said she doesn’t have a husband (to put lotion on her back)—and I don’t think we’ve seen/heard of any children.

I have a husband, but bought a stick in Target with a sponge on the end to put lotion on your back.  Easy, breezy.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3

Jessel keeps serious grudges if she has to have a detailed list on her phone/journal (because that's what it is) about every incident with other people. 

Some of the women are petty, and their fights are ridiculous. 

• Like 10

I really hate when people think that blurting out the most obvious double entendre or sex-related joke* is just so funny (so many people in my family do it!), so in that way I find Brynn annoying. But what I find more annoying is that, based on some of the other things she's said, I suspect that she's probably capable of being funny outside of that type of "humor."

*I am generally OK with "That's what she said," haha!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2

Sai jumping behind the beach bar and acting like Tom Cruise in Cocktail was so cringe. She wanted to show the world how great and spontaneous this franchise is. Epic fail. Every "fun" thing they do falls flat. These women are trying so, so hard. I will give them that. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 18
  • Applause 1
11 hours ago, JenE4 said:

But it was just odd that she was making such a big deal about her lifeline to her family that requires her to be on 24/7 call because they are worried about her. It sounds like as a 40-something women she has to “check in” with her extended family at all hours of the night? Even if it’s a time zone difference, are they really calling her at 3 am her time to be like—just checking you’re still alive, Ubah?!

In fairness, as a child Ubah was separated from her mother and sisters for several years due to war in Somalia and only reunited with them once they were all in Canada when she was a teenager. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some residual trauma from all that informing her reaction to phonegate and the thought that she might not be able to reach her family.

I've really come around on Jessel through the course of the season. I found her annoying at first, but now that I know that she's making a list and checking it twice, I kind of can't wait for her reunion performance. Will there be poster board? A Power Point presentation? A list of grievances annotated with dates and times?

• Like 6
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 12
21 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

The Jenna love you all have is baffling to me.. she really does have people fooled with that awkward act of hers.  At least Jessel, Erin, Ubah, Sai, and even Brynn are honest about their negative points.. unlike Jenna pretending to be all sweet and awkward.   

Jenna needs to be a one and done 

Erin is honest about her negative points?

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

Ubah and Erin: two egocentric narcissists locking horns.  Erin is a bit of  a mean girl and I tend to think she was more of a bully in 7th grade than the bullied.  At the same time, Ubah was absolutely revolting.  She started it all pushing Erin in the pool.  Holding her phone for one hour was mean but the reaction was total BS.  Ubah is the center of the universe and the prettiest one, in case she didn't tell you.  Brynn's behavior is disgusting and manipulative.  She is just looking for someone, anyone with money, to bankroll her life.  

• Like 11
  • Applause 3

Ok Ubah needs to get over it now. This is getting boring now. It was bitchy to take her phone but I don’t care anymore lol.

Ubah just shut up already. Is she trying for a moment on the show or does she actually care this much. She went on and on and on. This is so lame.

I liked those vehicles they were driving around in.

A list is lame lol. Sorry but that’s putting way too much thought into someone you don’t really like. I did once put a reminder in my phone for the morning that I hated my friend because of a drunken fight but deleted it that morning lol.

One of the lamest housewives arguments lol.

Ubah losing her phone? Is this real? How stupid lol. Makes Ubah look even stupider with going on and on with this stupid shit.

I don’t even like Erin but hate pile ons.

Erin understands how Jenna felt now with her pile on but she doesn’t say sorry.

How many episodes has this trip been like damn.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 11

Angry black woman telling us the stereotype of an angry black woman is not appropriate.......Um kay.

How is Brynn NOT creating a hostile work environment?  I really cringe when she starts her sex kitten act.

It really is time for Bravo start over with this one.

• Like 11
  • Applause 4

Yes, I agree: Ubah never should have pushed Erin in the pool. Pranks are stupid.  Stupid pranks are even worse. 

I also agree with the poster who reminded us that Ubah’s family knew that she was filming a TV show in another country. They are not going to freak out if she doesn’t call them at the designated time. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 12
  • Applause 1

This is the true story … of seven strangers … picked to live in a house … work together … and have their lives taped … to find out what happens … when people stop being polite … and start getting real: The Real World.”

that's it....that's the post.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 12

Angry black woman telling us the stereotype of an angry black woman is not appropriate.......Um kay.

But it's not appropriate. Ubah is an asshole, but what she was, I think, trying to convey (albeit very clumsily) is that a black woman is allowed to be -- and visibly appear -- angry about something (like anyone else in the whole world is) without having a blanket and racist personality label being slapped onto her. She was angry in a particular situation, like many people would be (maybe not this exact situation).

"Black woman who is angry" =/= "Angry Black Woman."

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 5
  • Applause 4

On the one hand I can kind of understand Ubah's point. I'm also single and when I travel, I always check in with my mom and brother. One on the other hand, if the phone is so important how did she lose it twice?? Both times she left it in the cars and she was lucky the driver noticed it and didn't just drive away. Erin changed the timing of how long she had the phone several times but when she saw how upset Ubah was, she should have just apologized. But she kept trying to justify the "prank." 

Brynn, you are not at the top of any social ladder. Sai, I still don't like her. Jessel is oddly growing on me.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
On 9/25/2023 at 6:50 AM, weaver said:

Only made it to the 30 minute mark because I could tell it would be just more of the same.

Ubah, get over yourself.  I didn't like the "you white people" comment.  That reversed would have caused a furor.    Erin, lighten up a bit.  Brynn, shuddup.   I still like Jenna.  

Maybe you can't mix so many personalities with such different backgrounds without a mess ensuing.  

Didn't she say "you American people?" Sai, Brynn and Jessel are not white and she had no issue with Jenna.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
17 hours ago, candle96 said:

Agreed. Surely she had some inkling of RHONY and the HoWives universe. If you know of Ramona and Bethenny there's no way you couldn't have been semi-prepared for the behavior from your castmates. (Ramona would eat these women whole, lol)

And while I do like Jenna (mostly because she seems like our touchstone to reality when everyone else is annoying and/or unlikeable), I'm a bit over her body insecurities. The woman is built like a model - 6 feet and super thin. She could wear pretty much anything off the rack and look great. Her going on and on about not wearing a suit in front of the camera and the other women? Please. A lot of women would kill to look like you in a bathing suit or strapless dress and still be able to eat cheese.

I remember her era of J Crew - nothing above a size 14 and as a woman who is also 6 ft and a true size 14, even that was looked down upon. Jenna seems like a nice person, but it was not a particularly inclusive era of J Crew. Skinny, skinny, skinny jeans, tiny bathing suits, the advent of size 00, etc. 

Her body insecurities have nothing to do with her actual shape but all of the discoloration. I find it very commendable how honest she's been about her health condition. And I like that she's not messy.

I don't know about the size issues during her J Crew era, but the sweaters were divine! I miss them so desperately and wish she'd start a clothing line.

Also, isn't Jessel's RHONY list just about Erin?

Edited by politichick
to add Jessel comment
  • Like 13
  • Applause 2

What a bunch! Although I find enough not to like about her I'm beginning to appreciate Sai most of all simply because of how mirrors my thoughts when she comes right out and says, "I don't care!" to some nonsense from one of the others.

TPTB got their diverse cast. Know what's not diverse? Their overall unlikeability. Bravo wanted a group of women who more accurately reflected the city...instead they got a group who more closely demonstrate the stereotype of rude, self-centered, and nasty well-to-do New York City residents.

The original cast may have shared some of the negative attributes but at least they showed some actual fun and humor. 

Edited by ichbin
  • Like 17
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yes, I agree: Ubah never should have pushed Erin in the pools. Pranks are stupid.  Stupid pranks are even worse. 

I also agree with the poster who reminded us that Ubah’s family knew that she was filming a TV show in another country. They are not going to freak out if she doesn’t call them at the designated time. 

That was me, I am pretty sure that if Ubah has to call them twice daily then she had mentioned her filming and probably her flight info too.  They are probably thinking "geeze Ubah you are almost 40 years old you don't need to call to check in constantly!"

I would not classify pushing someone in to the pool as a prank, I would classify it as a mean spirited thing to do just as holding on to someone's phone is not really a prank, it is a mean spirited thing to do. No pranking was actually done by anyone.

Side note, my phone was stolen last week, I spent a week trying to clean up that mess, changing passwords, cancelling credit cards that were linked to any apps, deleting streaming services, etc...I doubt the thief thought he was pranking me.

• Like 8
  • Hugs 3
  • Applause 1
27 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That was me, I am pretty sure that if Ubah has to call them twice daily then she had mentioned her filming and probably her flight info too.  They are probably thinking "geeze Ubah you are almost 40 years old you don't need to call to check in constantly!"

I would not classify pushing someone in to the pool as a prank, I would classify it as a mean spirited thing to do just as holding on to someone's phone is not really a prank, it is a mean spirited thing to do. No pranking was actually done by anyone.

Side note, my phone was stolen last week, I spent a week trying to clean up that mess, changing passwords, cancelling credit cards that were linked to any apps, deleting streaming services, etc...I doubt the thief thought he was pranking me.

That may have happened to Ubah if the phone had stayed in the car the first time she lost it. She is careless with her phone and quick to get physically aggressive. She seems to be a little bit dumb too. “Africa is Paradise”.

I find that my favorites are Jenna (of course) and Sai. They are both continuing to work at their real businesses even while they are on this trip. Still can’t figure out what Jessel and Brynn do. Smoke and mirrors. Brynn brags about being rich while living in a one bedroom rental. Jessel hosted that party that was clearly put on by Bravo. The celebrities who showed up were mostly lured by Bravo.

• Like 4
17 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Sai jumping behind the beach bar and acting like Tom Cruise in Cocktail was so cringe. She wanted to show the world how great and spontaneous this franchise is. Epic fail. Every "fun" thing they do falls flat. These women are trying so, so hard. I will give them that. 

Like Ronnie & Ben on Watch What Crappens says, imitating Ubah, “we are just a bunch of crazy wild giiiiirls!  Look at how fun we are!”

• Like 2
  • LOL 11

I would like to see production focus more on the ongoing businesses of the cast. That way we could see Jenna, Sai and maybe Erin working. The alleged jobs of Jessel, Brynn and even possibly Ubah would be exposed.

• Like 11
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Especially considering the top of the line phone that was most likely in their hand, the expensive clothes they wear, their shoes, their professionally applied makeup and fresh blow-out,...

So uncool

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1

Please don't do another season with these horrible women.  I even feel like Jenna doesn't have anything else to offer that I'm interested in.   I thought Ubah was going to be the only one I wanted to see in another season, but after the last episode, I'm done with her also.   As far as Sai, I just don't care; I really don't.  You're an influencer.  Big deal.  You had a horrible childhood.  Boo-hoo.   Brynn, honey, you're just gross with your sexual act.  Erin, everyone who has already commented has said what I want to say about her.  Geez, Andy, you really messed this one up.  Give me Ramona, Luann, Sonya and, yes, even drunk Dorinda again.  

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Has Brynn every said she is bisexual? I assumed her to be straight. I find her flirting with Jenna to be downright gross. Like she’s doing it to turn Jenna on  but we know she’s not serious. It’s borderline harassment in my eyes. 

I posted the same last week.  Its disgusting.  

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
On 9/24/2023 at 9:20 PM, janiema said:

The Real Housewives of Anguilla. When is this trip going to end.

Gir-LUH!!!  It went on for longer than the Great muffucin Flood, Charlie Brown.  41 days and 41 nights.  My inner travel nerd wants to call that technically 42 days but ya'll get it.  

On 9/24/2023 at 10:51 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I have a feeling “phone-gate” is going to drag out all season. Erin’s sob story about being Long Jaw Silver”, oh cry me a River.  Just make a show about Jenna and her friends. 

The shiddiness of it all?  When they showed the picture of her as a little girl, I giggled loudly from the anticipation, but then....I really didn't see it.  And I was trying to see it.  I said okay she has a diamond shaped face and straight hair that accentuates its narrow profile.  Baby if you grow up in NY and don't know how to read a bitch by the time you're mitzvah'ed, just say that.  How old is Erin, like 34?  She could've shut down her tormentor with an imaginary fault he had.   "Not you talking mess bout these Kate Moss cheekbones I'll have all my life, meanwhile nobody ever told you sit ups are free.  Tuh!"  Cry in the bathroom or your locker door or whatever, but in the meantime?  Finish Him!  Between this and her most "embarrassing" baby on a plane moment, I said stop telling people you grew up in New York, 12 year olds from round here ride the subway alone cause they're fuckin savage lol.  

On 9/25/2023 at 9:46 AM, snarts said:

Ubah's anger was so out of proportion to the situation. That's the point Jenna was making by mentioning the experience she had with her showing up at the apartment and being surprised by the cameras.

Many of the other women were also visibly shocked by her reaction. They tried to mediate and she snapped at them. I was uncomfortable watching it because I admittedly don't do well with irrational anger.

I though Erin was smart to walk away and then eventually go back to the house. It saddened me to see others play into it, continually riling Ubah up. Was it for attention, camera time, to avoid being a target, who knows? It certainly wasn't an enjoyable watch.

Erin has her faults for sure but I understood why she was so taken aback with the ongoing intensity of Ubah's reaction. For a moment, I actually thought the situation was going to get physical. 

I wish dafaq I would call one of my parents with:  so and so snatched my glasses off my face because I pulled a prank on her.  My daddy would've said and she ain't baldhead yet?  That move was wild as shit.  I understood Ubah being pissed, but the physical escalation that followed when Erin said she heard her name, was begottamyond.  In the culture (and I know that whether she gets the phrasing correct or not, she's been here long enough to understand colloquialisms) when you physically advance on someone in a move that cannot be interpreted as anything other than hostile, that's referred to as a run up.  Now, as a general principle, en masse, culture of origin notwithstanding, black folks have a very Newtonian, reciprocal philosophy about the initiation of conflict1   We've even got an all encompassing description for it:  Consequences and Repercussions (capitalization intented).  To whit, the proper and complete conclusion of that phrase is:  say it with me congregation:  Run up...get done up.  That should be self explanatory, but if not, the basic tenet is:  for every action, there is an equal and similarly grimy reaction.  Try me at your own risk. 

1 See August 5, 2023 Mollywhop, ref. Montgomery, Alabama  

Later when Ubah conceded to having been "aggressive, not abusive"  I head cocked.  Either way, putcha hands on me one more gain, I'mma Nair your eyebrows off while you sleep.   For the record Erin, that's a prank. 

On 9/24/2023 at 11:55 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Someone asked Jenna if Brynn was her daughter. 

I'm not sure why she was so put out.  Jenna and I are the same age.  Which is certainly old enough to biologically have a 36 year old child.  Last date I went on was with a dude who's 57.  He asked if I had kids, I said she's an adult, 23, but yes.  He said ah, my grandson is 19.  Some real quick, impolite math and my thought bubble said:  you had a baby at 19....who had a baby at 19....and that baby is 19.   I mean.  So....you're on track to be a greatpawpaw by the time you're 60?    Anyway, I couldn't figure out if Jenna forgot how old she is or just doesn't know how old Brynn is.  She also doesn't have any fat in her face so 55 can look unforgiving up close and Brynn looks like an earlier thirties than 36 (to me)..  

It might be only slightly and debatably less inflammatory but Ubah did say "you Americans" not "you white people", which as mentioned, wouldn't contextually really make sense addressing Jessel or Sai.  I can't remember if she was arguing about fragility, sensitivity or the scary/angry black woman thing, but she even brought up Brynn's dual-ethnicity to help make her point.  

I also think it's natural, even if a little delusional, to describe where you/your family is from in fantastical terms.  My family's African on both sides and I've only ever heard it described Zamundishly to non-Africans.  Most likely to overcompensate for global perceptions that paint the the continent unfavorably because of the negative but real connotations that are associated with third world economies.  How she grew up while still there would also impact her definition.  One set of social security checks had my middle class parents living like royalty in South Africa once the conversion was done.  All that aside, there are parts of it that are physically breathtaking.  Madagascar, the Seychelles, Kenyan plains, the Sahara, etc.  It's her paradise.  But, stigma, which is how/why nationals of Egypt and Morocco will tell you quick they're not African.  Nother story for nother day lol.  Now I just talked all that shit and the first time I saw a giraffe up close (in Jackson, New Jersey) and he left juicy  mouth goo all over my closed car window, I threw up.  Lol! 

Jessel and this list is laying me out.   Baby, you got a spreadsheet that not only lists the original offense but articulates your feelings as a hypothetical response?  oooh girl, how dreadful.   Say that shit with your chest in the moment or swallow it, but to Dear Diary the argument?  MA'AM?!  I'm embarrassed lol!! 

Oooooh I wanna pull up and stunt on em at the Shoprite so bad, swerve into the parking lot in my pink pastel oversized doorless golf cart.  That shit was fiyah!  Wouldn't last 14 minutes in my neighborhood.

• Like 1
  • Fire 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 13

Erin really likes denim, doesn't she.   I'm not sure I've seen so much denim on a NY "housewife".  Maybe Dorinda wore jeans at times.  I can't remember.  They just all usually overdress for everything, and there's Erin in her cut-offs.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
8 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I think I heard that Jessel’s spreadsheet of infractions can be sorted by date, name, or category of blather. 

😂💀😂

1. Fake feminism

2. Petit fours and crudite thinly veiled as “meals”

3. Shushing

4. Federal poverty line maxes out at $19.99

5. Tribeca is snoozy

and she signs it: bitch, fight me.

• LOL 15
7 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Like Ronnie & Ben on Watch What Crappens says, imitating Ubah, “we are just a bunch of crazy wild giiiiirls!  Look at how fun we are!”

I’m disappointed that “cackling hags” wasn’t brought up again this episode so that I could hear Ronnie and Ben lose it. 😂

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
12 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Thank you! I’m sorry that I didn’t take the time to find your original post, but this website has been giving me a lot of trouble lately. What used to require five minutes, now requires fifteen. Even typing this, there’s a delay.

I am so sorry that someone stole your phone!!! That must have been a nightmare. I hope you backed up your photos somewhere? I’m so sad for you.

• Hugs 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Thank you! I’m sorry that I didn’t take the time to find your original post, but this website has been giving me a lot of trouble lately. What used to require five minutes, now requires fifteen. Even typing this, there’s a delay.

I am so sorry that someone stole your phone!!! That must have been a nightmare. I hope you backed up your photos somewhere? I’m so sad for you.

You must be dedicated to posting to endure the technical troubles you are having.

My phone issues are slowly resolving itself, my photos are safe but I couldn't call my parents for like 45 minutes, it was a nightmare! LOL! 

• Hugs 1
  • LOL 8