Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E03: Throwing Stones in Glass Houses

• Start Topic

Kody vents to friends about his anger over his divorce; Janelle's sons are still not talking to Kody, and the family may celebrate another holiday separately; a discussion about Christmas blows up into the worst fight Janelle and Kody have ever had.

Air Date: September 3, 2023

• Like 3

Am I mis-remembering, or is Nathan in some way related to Meri? Her sister's husband maybe?

I feel bad for Meri, to some extent she made her bed (by being unkind to Janelle and Christine), but I'm sure she misses the other non-Robyn kids.

• Like 15
2 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

Janelle is right - Kody is doing the classic thing where he doesn't want to be the one calling for a break up but has been behaving totally horribly in the hope of forcing his partner to call for one.  His behaviour with Janelle during their argument was so childish - unbelievably so.  He's a vile, vile person.  He takes no responsibility for any of his behaviour - blames the wives entirely for the problems in the family.  He doesn't parent any of the non Robyn kids.  He basically lied to Robyn and Meri when he said that he'd "reached out to everyone".  He's sitting on his ass waiting for the wives to facilitate a reconciliation.   He's a disgusting person.  I felt so badly for Jenelle during this episode.

They know he's lying, too 

• Like 13
2 hours ago, sparrowthebrave said:

Kody and Robyn were never vaccinated?

Mykelti said Kody and Robyn don't believe in vaccinations, neither do she and Tony. 

But we all know Kody used Covid as a welcome excuse to stay with Robyn and not having to visit the rest of the family. 

• Like 21
  • Applause 2
44 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

ANY vaccinations or just the covid one?

The whole covid thing made people think it is ok to discuss peoples private medical decisions too much. I'm not sure why any of that is anyone's business.  

Anyway. That fight was something! Have we ever seen Janelle that mad?!

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5

One of the reasons I think it got so ugly with Jenelle and Ramen Noodle Head is that he went after the kids.   She mentioned she heard the Teflon Queen remark but she obviously heard the other stuff.  The treatment of Garrison and Gabe is unforgivable.  Her watching that interaction had to help fuel this fire and, as a mother, I can't imagine her fury.  I can't imagine seeing that on tv either.   

• Like 23
  • Love 1

This was December of 2021. By that time I had already received 2 Covid vaccinations and either 1 or 2 boosters. I was not worried about testing and staying away from family members. And I never got Covid. He was still asking Christine to test and islolate before coming to Robyn's for Christmas.  Yes after we saw Kody with his man buddies inside and inside at Janelle's house we know his rediculous Covid rules and staying away from everyone even in December of 2021 came from Robyn the master manipulator.

• Like 16
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, OldWiseOne said:

But in his head he HAS reached out to them - by telling Janelle that they need to call him. He said it was her job to facilitate the relationship, and she had ruined it by not backing him up and reinforcing the protoculls with the boys.

I'm getting angry just remembering this! When he said that adults are supposed to stick together as a team enforcing the rules for "our house" (paraphrasing) and she had refused to do so - but she had no input into what the rules for "our house" actually were, they were his rules (and Robyn's).

Yes, this exactly. Meri asked Kody if she was supposed to invite the rest of the kids to Christmas Eve at her house, Kody said he wasn't going to tell her who to invite, then Robyn pipes up with "but will it be safe" and immediately Kody agrees with her that it's not a good idea to have them there. Robyn is very good at leading him to the answer she wants while allowing him to think everything is his idea.

I felt bad for Meri. I have the feeling that if she were invited to the Janelle and Christine friendship club she would dump Kody and Robyn and run out the door. I wonder if those 3 can ever be friends now that they are no longer competing for Kody's attention.

She's been doing this all along. I've said it before, Kody is the "head" of the family but Robyn is the neck.

• Like 12
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 8
16 minutes ago, albarino said:

To clarify, do you mean discussing the Browns' covid/medical decisions?  The people on reality tv who have made their reactions to the covid pandemic their main story line for a season or two or are you taking about my next door neighbors?

Kody needs this discussion to be about the boys not respecting his authority--it really can't be about his abandonment of his daughter undergoing major back surgery, dragging his family to Flagstaff in the first place or any number of incredibly horrible decisions he made to tear his family apart.

People in general. Yes, I get that they make their lives public. 

I'm over the storyline.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

I wish that Janelle would stop with the line about how her kids were not welcome at Robyn's for Christmas because Kody demanded and apology and they didn't feel the need to give it. She knows this is true and Kody will never own up to this. When she told Kody that he had not been to her house in 5 months and he called her a liar why didn't she say oh really how many days did you stay longer than 30 minutes while you stood outside. How many times did you call OUR children to see how they were doing? How many times did you check on me when I had Covid?  How many nights did you have dinner with us and stay the night? I bet it was zero  because he had to get back to his tender age kids. And in his mind that includes  Briana and Aurora. 

I am living for the day when she asks Kody and Robyn for the money back that she gave them to help buy the $900,000 house. If they claim it was a gift then she needs to ask for her gift from the family pot of money.  Christine was able to walk away from Kody with the money that she received from the sale of her Flagstaff house. Janelle has nothing. Time to play hardball Janelle and it Kody and Robyn won't play, then time to start writing that tell all book. 

Robyn is slipping. It was so obvious that she was manipulating Kody not to spend Christmas with Janelle's boys. And getting Meri to say that she was not going to invite the entie family for Christmas Eve. 

♥️♥️♥️yes janelle. Write the book! Brilliant 

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

All Kodvid cares about is loyalty and submission.  Bow to his rules and authority.  There is no love from him, no empathy, no compassion.  He has no problem abandoning his own kids if they don't worship the ground he walks on.  Forget the wives, they chose to be with him.  But the kids didn't, and his behavior toward them has been monstrous.  And he is such a narcissist, incapable of seeing that he is the common denominator in every single bad relationship in that family.

• Like 16
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4

I'm sure she does kick herself but that's water under the bridge. She needs to move forward don't look back except to grab the money that she gave Robyn and Kody to buy their house. 

What I don't understand about Janelle is that for years she was the famiy bookkeeper. She saw how much money was coming in and how much was going out and where is was going. Why she didn't speak up before is a mystery to me. 

• Like 16
  • Love 2

So, I see by the previews for next week that the youngest chicken tender is still using a pacifier. Think she takes it to kindergarten with her? Do Robin and Kootie continually wipe it down with Clorox wipes?

8 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

Why do they film outside when at Meri and Robyn’s houses? They are outside freezing, and there are giant houses right there for them to be in. Makes no sense.

Because they are morons?

Edited by TipseyGirl
  • Like 5
  • LOL 10
11 hours ago, eskimo said:

Well, well, well...if we didn't get a glimpse of the way Robyn manipulates Kody.  She's not as smooth as she thinks she is, but she really only needs to be just smooth enough to fool this one dim bulb. That whole scene at Meri's when they were discussing Meri inviting everyone for Christmas Eve and Robyn said something to the effect of, 'do you think you can be around the boys on Christmas Eve? I saw you really struggle before...'.  She pandered to his ego by bringing up how hard this is for him, and her tone suggested that His Royal Highness doesn't need to be bothered by everyone else's toxicity. This isn't saying that Kody wouldn't have come to the same conclusion on his own, but it was 100% in line with a couple other times we saw her guide him in a certain direction in this way. But it IS extra easy for her because he is such a gross man.  This was Robyn saying 'NO'. 

My heart grew a little when Janelle used air quotes around the word 'safe'.  

When Kody, while acting like a complete maniac, started pointing at the camera and yelling 'TELL THE WORLD.....', I so badly wanted to watch Janelle slowly turn to the camera and spill. the. tea. Just let 'er rip. Make him think twice about all these theatrics.  

I'm still holding out hope that Janelle will tell a few things. 

• Like 15
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

When my husband tried this crap on me, I told him he was supposed to be the adult, and he had to be the bigger person with our daughter, and set an example of how adults need to behave. Even if our daughter is basically grown.

So he needs to reach out to his sons.

Why is no one really saying this to Cody? Especially as he is so big on being the patriarch. Does this mean he gets to throw temper tantrums, and act like a toddler, and still expect everyone to follow him.

• Like 21

The look on Janelle's face during that fight... it's exactly the look on someone's face when they're being gaslit. That argument was tough to watch — I've been Janelle in that looping argument that never makes sense.

It's so confusing in the moment, especially when that level of manipulation and accusation just comes out of the blue. If you're not the kind of person who has a sketchy relationship with the truth, and someone is adamantly insisting that you did something (something you'd never tell someone else they'd done unless they actually had), then it makes you stop and think, wait...did I do anything that could even have been perceived that way? Am I somehow in the wrong?

It's a total mind fuck. Which is the whole point. The only thing to do is to not react. 

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Like 11
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Hanya2 said:

When my husband tried this crap on me, I told him he was supposed to be the adult, and he had to be the bigger person with our daughter, and set an example of how adults need to behave. Even if our daughter is basically grown.

So he needs to reach out to his sons.

Why is no one really saying this to Cody? Especially as he is so big on being the patriarch. Does this mean he gets to throw temper tantrums, and act like a toddler, and still expect everyone to follow him.

I’m sure people have repeatedly told him this.  It just does no good because he doesn’t listen or care. He couldn’t offer any reasonable response to Janelle asking why she had to be the one to communicate his wishes to the kids.  It was as if he thought that was his punishment to her for ‘not supporting’ him 

• Like 12
  • Love 1