Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E03: Throwing Stones in Glass Houses

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

Okay. Unpopular opinion here, but I kinda like Meri's hair. It's not the most flattering or smooth style, but she's always angled for an edgier aesthetic, and it's thick and has lots of volume. There are definitely times when it was strawlike, and the weird Linda from Bob's Burgers helmet she wore in the intros during the first few seasons was atrocious (if attempting to copy a trend from five years earlier), and her hairstyle in her THs is, honestly, not that bad and bordering on stylish. 

I look at Meri in TH's and outside with Robyn, and find myself comparing her with the heavily filtered Meri in her Instagram posts. They're like two completely different people. Honestly, that annoys me more than Meri's hair by itself.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, altopower said:

I look at Meri in TH's and outside with Robyn, and find myself comparing her with the heavily filtered Meri in her Instagram posts. They're like two completely different people. Honestly, that annoys me more than Meri's hair by itself.

Not even pretending to be a Meri fan, but her hair this season looks better than it ever has. It’s not a style I’d choose, but it flatters her. Brown and fake tan look really good. Overall she looks better than previous seasons. 

• Like 5

@ginger90 and @KateHearts I also agree. The children had the most support and contact with their moms than they ever had with Kootie. The moms were always there for them, not just 10-15 min when Kootie had any spare time to visit.  It doesn't surprise me at all that they would gravitate to their moms as they have matured and seen the unfairness and now all the turmoil going on within the parental relationships.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
On 9/4/2023 at 8:47 AM, Adeejay said:

I can't get over how furious Kody was with Janelle for not putting Garrison and Gabe in the streets.  If it were up to him, they would be "lost boys".  And yet, he doesn't understand why they don't want anything to do with him.  In the meantime, Dayton is safely ensconced in his own suite at his mother's house.  Make this make sense.  

And now he doesn't understand why they don't want to talk to him! He's bewildered they aren't burning up his phone lines!

On 9/4/2023 at 9:12 AM, Cherry Styles said:

I don't see how Robin needs a nanny at all. 

Maybe to take care of Kody.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 13

Kody isn't going to make any effort to make his relationship with his sons and Janelle any better. His goal is to keep them away and out of his life. I felt bad for Janelle. She thought she could talk to Kody rationally and get him to understand. Oh, but he does. He wants to keep them alienated.

His argument with Janelle kept going in circles. He's got to bring it back to it's all Janelle's fault so the problem still exists. He doesn't want a reconciliation with them since he's got his family with Robyn. Janelle, you are talking to a dumb brick wall with silly string hair. 

When Kody looked at the camera and yelled for Janelle to tell the world, it made me yell back at my tv. He's been showing the world all these years that he's the arrogant, lying, narcissistic pig. We've seen you, Kody, you STINK.

I think Meri has known for a long time that Kody has a heart of crap. She only stays for the money from the show and the social media. Why isn't she dating already? Kody said that he wouldn't care. Of course, he'd be the dramatic cry baby about it and act all hurt. It's a win/win for Meri. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
On 9/3/2023 at 10:16 PM, gentlespirit512 said:

Were Robyn’s little kids in school during the whole time kids went back? If not, who homeschooled? The nanny?

What does the nanny doooooooooo?????

sorry, couldn't resist.

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
On 9/6/2023 at 9:08 PM, Adiba said:

Kody seems to think the words disagree, disrespect, and disobey are synonyms. They are not. I also think he does not know what the word “gaslighting” means at all. 
The argument with Janelle showed just how weak Kody is. He can’t man up and talk to his sons directly — he wants Janelle to do his dirty work. He cannot successfully rebut Janelle ‘s statements so he talks over her and finally storms out the door like a child who says “nah, nah, nah, I’m not listening to you!”

He doesn't know the definition of "gaslighting", but he sure is good at performing it.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
On 9/7/2023 at 1:17 PM, laurakaye said:

I recall a couch interview with a very upset Brianna, where she talks about bringing Covid home and you'd have thought she'd ushered in a certain demise for her entire family.

Given Kody's insanity, I wonder how freaked out Brianna was when Kody sped Robyn to the ER, and then had to watch while Kody rocked himself in the fetal position when he also caught it because his gluteus maximum hurt so bad he didn't know what day it was.  I hope Brianna isn't traumatized for life, but what am I saying - all five of the kids that live under that roof are going to certainly need substantial therapy one day.

Doesn't one of Robin's girls have panic attacks? Is it Brianna? Whichever it is, I'm sure Kody's Covid circus act wouldn't help...can you imagine living in the drama he created? He could make the calmest person panic with his theatrics...what an asshole for not acting like an adult..."fetal position" my ass! Smh 🙄

• Like 9
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, Pixilicious said:

Doesn't one of Robin's girls have panic attacks? Is it Brianna? Whichever it is, I'm sure Kody's Covid circus act wouldn't help...can you imagine living in the drama he created? He could make the calmest person panic with his theatrics...what an asshole for not acting like an adult..."fetal position" my ass! Smh 🙄

AROARa is the one who has the attacks, she never got Covid.

• Like 5
11 hours ago, Absolom said:

I think Robyn's kids went back to classroom instruction when the schools re-opened.  I could be wrong as I don't think they made an actual statement.

I seem to remember they were going to go back virtually. This was when Kody basically said Ysabel had to choose between seeing him, or going in person her senior year. Robyn said Ysabel choosing to go in person was, “really, really stupid.”. Unless it was a different discussion you are referring to? 

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Didn't "the tenders" go back to the classroom?  I remember Kootie being SO excited asking holy terror if she had been a pest, and copter mother Sobbyn telling him that "we don't use that word."  Apparently the teacher called the same day reporting that tender terror glommed onto some unfortunate little girl and wouldn't leave her alone.

Edited by xwordfanatik
add question mark
  • Like 9
  • LOL 4
16 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Didn't "the tenders" go back to the classroom?  I remember Kootie being SO excited asking holy terror if she had been a pest, and copter mother Sobbyn telling him that "we don't use that word."  Apparently the teacher called the same day reporting that tender terror glommed onto some unfortunate little girl and wouldn't leave her alone.

I believe Ysabel went back sometime in the spring of 2021.  Brianna and the tenders waited until the fall.   I don’t remember if Savannah went back with Ysabel or waited until fall.  She may stayed home and have been trying to get Kody to visit, but I expect he never did.

The first day of school fall 2021 was when the ‘pest’ incident happened. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3
On 9/9/2023 at 9:25 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

I wish janelle had asked HOW have you “corrected” the situation. Did you call them, contact them in anyway yourself, how did you relay the correction to them? 

All he meant was "I've corrected what I said to mean I just want to have a conversation." which, as Janelle points out, still means he won't talk unless they come to him "hat in  hand" and say they were wrong. And it would be up to HER to facilitate any communication (as in, "your dad won't budge an inch unless you call first and apologize."

• Like 10
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Apparently the teacher called the same day reporting that tender terror glommed onto some unfortunate little girl and wouldn't leave her alone.

Wasn't it a boy, and Sobyn made some comment about finding a boyfriend? 

I'm pretty sure it was a girl, and HT commented about finding a boyfriend, to the girl, or someone else.  After all, HT told Christine to "date" at the goodbye scene, that Mykelti unfortunately orchestrated.  Mykelti trying to play Switzerland backfired on her.  She wants it both ways.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, KateHearts said:

All he meant was "I've corrected what I said to mean I just want to have a conversation." which, as Janelle points out, still means he won't talk unless they come to him "hat in  hand" and say they were wrong. And it would be up to HER to facilitate any communication (as in, "your dad won't budge an inch unless you call first and apologize."

If he really wanted to talk with them, he would be a grown up, call them and have a talk with them. It really is that straightforward. He doesn't want to talk with them and he isn't a mature enough person or good enough father to do it.

• Like 15
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

If he really wanted to talk with them, he would be a grown up, call them and have a talk with them. It really is that straightforward. He doesn't want to talk with them and he isn't a mature enough person or good enough father to do it.

When he talked to the remaining "wives" after the blow up, he stated he had "reached out to basically everybody".  If that was true, why didn't he say that to Janelle?

Apparently he isn't aware that we are not stupid dolts who can't keep track of his lies.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3

I can't remember which wife said that Kody just begins to ignore a wife more and more until the wife wants to leave, thereby making it seem that SHE is the one responsible for the breakup.  I totally agree.  He did it with Meri, and the Christine called him on it.  He made a big mistake challenging Janelle to choose between him and her sons.  It's apparent to me that he, consciously or unconsciously, wants to be only with Robyn.

• Like 11

Wow, Sobyn Manor is cluttered!!! And did you see this huge amount of small plastic "bottles" (vitamins? prescription drugs?) on the side table? 

Other than that I've got two more things to say: Kody is an absolute asshole (nothing new here), and Ariella is an annoying child. I know I shouldn't snark in a child, but really....her couch session was something else.

ETA: Sorry, wrong episode. It was meant to be  on the latest thread (Sept 10).

Edited by Elodia
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, artisto said:

It is apparent  that Kody regards Meri as the "starter" wife.....

Reminds me of something my Mother used to say, "kids are like pancakes, everyone should be allowed to throw the first one away".

I was her first.

• Hugs 5
  • Sad 6
  • LOL 1
15 hours ago, luvmylabs said:

I can't remember which wife said that Kody just begins to ignore a wife more and more until the wife wants to leave, thereby making it seem that SHE is the one responsible for the breakup.  I totally agree.  He did it with Meri, and the Christine called him on it.  He made a big mistake challenging Janelle to choose between him and her sons.  It's apparent to me that he, consciously or unconsciously, wants to be only with Robyn.

He just doesn't want to deal with anyone who doesn't worship him and obey all his commands.  Its still a head scratcher to me that K and R couldn't anticipate that introducing a new wife and step siblings (and then babies)  after - what? 18? - years of basically hemostasis in the fam would upset the balance.  

Kody is also so fragile that he cant face any criticism whatsoever. If it were me, I would be calling my kids saying "I'm sorry I didn't understand how hard this would be for everyone."

He will NEVER call those boys bc that is tantamount to admitting fault.

And I am 100% willing to believe that the moms have ALWAYS been pressured by K to smooth things out for him w the kids.  And they did it to keep the peace and because they believed all his manic shit indicating he's just SO BUSY, what with the LiTEral wEIGht of THE WOrLD!! oN! His! SHouLDERs!! 

Until they saw that if he chooses to, he can be a present father. Until they saw he could choose to be a attentive husband. IF HE WANTED TO. 

Robyn is just mad because she thought the other wives would do what they always did and just eat shit. 

and lastly, how could anyone doubt the kids would "side" with their moms?  The parent who was there for them. The one they actually got a decent amount of love and attention from.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Reminds me of something my Mother used to say, "kids are like pancakes, everyone should be allowed to throw the first one away".

I was her first.

Oh dear!

The hugs and commiseration are appreciated but I have conveyed my Mother's sense of humor in a manner not intended.

If anything, her remark would have been self-deprecating, in that all your mistakes were made on the first one. It did not sting me, I laughed right along with anyone else that heard it although, it has never crossed my mind to say this to or about my first born.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4