Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E74: Cast Tell All

• Start Topic

An outspoken, emotional, and confrontational group of former cast members reveals shocking secrets and surprising insights as they share the inside scoop on the Married at First Sight experience.  They spill the tea on what really happened behind the scenes during the series' most unforgettable moments and give updates on all the gossip about their fellow cast members.  Two former cast mates face off over their complicated relationship.

Airs Wednesday June 14 at 8:00PM EDT.

I thought I'd watch some of this, but I'm done now.

Some observations:

- Lindsey looks like she had work done on her face.  Still acting drunk and uncouth, so nothing has changed.  

- Henry looks nice.

- Jepthe doesn't have much to say and looks like he's being held hostage.      

- I don't know who that dude is sitting on the far right.

• Like 11

Lindsey (Mark the Shark) must be drunk again on National tv.  She is a horror as usual knocking Mark and Another couple sitting next to her.  She must be drunk as she is abusive.  She will never get a guy.  Unbelievable.  Also, she looks horrible as her face is bloated.  Go back to California and STFU.

• Like 11
  • Applause 2

Not sure why Tristan is on there. He wasn’t a very well known cast member. I guess that’s all they could get. Good to see Henry looking so cute and dapper and getting laid.  

Oh and I’m gonna bounce now too!

• Like 6

Lindsay looked awful in that dress and she is still a nut job.  Can’t stand her and hope to never see her on TV again. 

Not sure Krysten is going to have much luck dating in NYC.  And her story about her job  made no sense.  She’s with another company but she’s still eventually ending up in NY?   But via VA?  What?  Also, she is still very high on herself.  

Sounds like Steve still has no job but still has money somehow.   He and Mindy seemed cute together.  Mindy looked like she put on a little weight and looked great. 

Was shocked to see Henry there.  He was so quiet on his season.  

I thought the point of the show was  to talk about this season but they barely talked about it at all.   I did like hearing about a couple of the behind the scenes stuff. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I enjoyed the episode more than I thought.   The behind the scenes stories were interesting.  The host was good as well.  She can definitely replace Kevin Frazier for me.   I only wished they would have just let Lindsey leave for good when she stomped off.   She’s not right mentally and listening to her trash MTS while he wasn’t there to defend himself was not entertaining.  

I was curious as to what Steve said about her that had her so mad.  I don’t remember him talking much about her on the show.   But I thought I heard her say Steve was the reason why people came for her on social media.   

• Like 9
  • Love 2

Lindsay is not mentally well.  Her accusations held no weight with her crazy proclamations and storming off. 

Producers, why subject us to this.  Are you spinning off a second chances show?  Because if not, get to the where are they now and end the season.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
4 hours ago, Jade Foxx said:

Lindsey was absolutely UNHINGED. Almost scary to watch! 

Sombody needs to sue Lindsey for going on TV and saying or implying the stuff she does, Steven, for one, or Mark?  And why do they have her on, they should be embarrassed she was ever let on the show.  This show just loses more credibility by the day, what a joke. So the tell all after the tell all starting next week is a two parter 😕😳🤯

3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Huh. My DVR didn't record this and I can't find it on demand.

Maybe it's time for me to start taking the hints the universe is giving me?

Sometimes shows show up after a few days on demand in my experience

• Like 6

I've only watched the first 10 minutes so far and still debating whether I should finish or not. The Lindseyism I caught right off the bat was that the new boyfriend "moved in with her" not "we are living together". How big of her to allow him to move in. Is he a lost puppy or something? 🙄

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
10 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Not sure why Tristan is on there. He wasn’t a very well known cast member. I guess that’s all they could get. Good to see Henry looking so cute and dapper and getting laid.  

Oh and I’m gonna bounce now too!

I thought for a minute it was the “Tristen Show”.  At the time, he was on for about two minutes, now they gave him all thst air time to blubber.  I don’t get it.  Show must be desparate for people to come on like Tristen and Lindsey.

• Like 4

I really wonder how they chose the participants for this show.  Most are not MAFS success stories.  I actually appreciated Jepthe and Shawneice sharing how Dr. Jessica helped their marriage as I always wondered why they were still together.

The only reason they had Lindsey is that they wanted someone to bring the drama, but she actually brings the cringe, not the drama.  All of the other participants looked so uncomfortable with her and the things that she was saying.  I don't get her hatred of Steve.  

Henry was quiet during his season and he was too quiet during the show.  I like him fine, but don't know why he was there.  I actually liked Tristan during his season and did not realize the long-term consequences of his stated preference.  I do remember that there was a LOT of discussion on the boards at the time about his preference statement.  I still can't believe they matched him with Mia and her arrest warrant.

I was team Krysten during her season, but I don't need to keep seeing her come back.

I did stick this out to the end (most likely because I watch it in the morning while having my coffee and am too tired to look for something else).

It was quite an eclectic group...

• Like 6

Lindsey is a bit cray cray but she was spot on in her observation that Mackinley was not really a "right reasons" participant and was only on MAFS because of wanting to be on reality TV.

I was confused by the previews and had to put on CC. What lie did Kirsten tell Jasmine that Jasmine is all upset about?

Glad to see Shawniece and Jephte doing so well.

• Like 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, lu1535 said:

I've only watched the first 10 minutes so far and still debating whether I should finish or not. The Lindseyism I caught right off the bat was that the new boyfriend "moved in with her" not "we are living together". How big of her to allow him to move in. Is he a lost puppy or something? 🙄

i'm sure she'll be posting what a loser he was after they fight and she kicks him out.  if she thought being on this tell-all would smooth over the bad image she left us with, nope, if anything, it just showed she's even more unhinged and nasty than we thought.  time has not helped, still an awful person.

Edited by cinsays
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1

I turned it on for about 3 seconds, during which time I THOUGHT I heard Krysten (such a "catch") say that she and Mitch were still technically married??? Was that right? Why?

Interesting that so much of the show was spent on Tristan. That was actually my first season watching this mess. He always looked so dirty and sloppy. Back in those days, the show didn't provide them with apartments and all I remember about them is that they were always sprawled out on a dirty bed with messed up sheets. Mia was horrible, too. 

• Like 4

This show was titled "Nashville Cast Tell All" on the cable listing.  Yet there wasn't one person from the Nashville cast!!! So annoying. Why do I need to see all those other people and Lindsey with hair extensions???

Ugh, now there is part 2 of this??

WHEN are we getting to the reunion show with Kevin Frazier?? Next year???

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
2 minutes ago, Rightside said:

Yeah, it's been confusing. Next week is Part 1 of the 2-part Reunion show. There is no second part to what was on last night. They used to do a follow-up after the Reunion show called "Where are they now?" but that wasn't listed. Maybe that will come next year? The thing is that they have to go away for a minute before we want to see them again.

• Like 2

I actually was surprised that this was interesting to watch and agree that the moderator was well prepared and asked good questions.  Tristan (I had totally forgotten who he was) came on only to clear the air about the backlash he received for saying something about not wanting a wife with darker skin tone than his.  I had forgotten about that and couldn't help but think "be careful what you wish for" because his match Mia was probably in the top two or three worst MAFS participants of all time (albeit the right skin tone)!  The resulting discussion about how women are allowed to have certain physical preferences for a mate, but when men do it's frowned upon, I found eye opening - I never thought about it before. 

LIndsey (bad dress) actually has some good observations but her delivery turns everyone off and no one hears what she's trying to say.  She reminds me of the Debbie Downer skits on SNL - no matter what question is asked of her, she turns it into an attack on someone else.  I totally agree that Mark/Shark was there for all the wrong reasons - no excuse for them choosing him after applying every. single. season.  Steve always seemed purposely evasive like he was hiding SOMEthing, and never really seemed that engaged in the process.  I really like Mindy and wish her the best. 

This show felt like dessert after a very bland main course/season.

• Like 10

Lindsey looks like a poor man’s Katherine Heigl, but she is a raging bitch with no connection to reality whatsoever. She has a lot of nerve accusing anyone else of looking for their 15 minutes of fame.

I thought everyone else came off as honest and genuine - I would have dinner with any of them except her.

• Like 12

I did not watch this season, but I do follow the show on IG, and I saw the clip of Lyndsey going off on Steve. WTF??? Mark was absent so she had to go after someone else? She is unhinged. For me, one of the worst MAFS participants of all time, and that is saying something.

I think Steve and Mindy are cute together, Mindy is definitely more mature than Noi, and both seem not too hung up on a regular 9 to 5 lifestyle, so perhaps a good fit? I kind of have a perverse glee when MAFS peeps get together in spite of the producers choices.....

Shawniece and Jephte looked great.

• Like 8

Lindsey was screaming at Steve that he only showed up for the fame and money.  Why was she there?  She sure didn't turn down the opportunity to go on the show and accuse everyone of nasty stuff.  I was really hoping they would leave her in the other room pouting.  We did not need her to come back out.  And that backless dress just showed off her back fat.  Very bad choice for her.  

• Like 11
4 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Yeah, it's been confusing. Next week is Part 1 of the 2-part Reunion show. There is no second part to what was on last night. They used to do a follow-up after the Reunion show called "Where are they now?" but that wasn't listed. Maybe that will come next year? The thing is that they have to go away for a minute before we want to see them again.

I think the "where are they now" was more of them following the couples after the show for a few episodes.

3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Lindsey looks like a poor man’s Katherine Heigl, but she is a raging bitch with no connection to reality whatsoever. She has a lot of nerve accusing anyone else of looking for their 15 minutes of fame.

I thought everyone else came off as honest and genuine - I would have dinner with any of them except her.

agreed. but would rank kristen last (well, before lindsey, of course) in who i would want to have dinner with

and, did they say these were some of our favorite people from the series? exactly which "our" were they polling to get this panel as our favorites

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
(edited)

I did not watch this season, but I do follow the show on IG, and I saw the clip of Lyndsey going off on Steve. WTF??? Mark was absent so she had to go after someone else? She is unhinged. For me, one of the worst MAFS participants of all time, and that is saying something.

He was one more person to reduce her screen time. He said Mark was a "good man." She was Team Noi, so of course, she must believe Steve is evil. She told him to get a job and pay his own way instead of living off the women in his life. Then she stomped off stage, where they should have left her.

So I actually liked that (except for Lindsey). It was nice to see some less-well-known former cast members like Tristan, Mindy and Henry. I don't mind Kristen, actually and I thought she had some good insights. And I could fast forward the commercials. I'd watch something similar in the future but I really never need to see Lindsey again. She needs something she can't find on this, or any other, television show.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 7
10 hours ago, Retired at last said:

We spent three weeks seeing where are they now. They already covered their after d day escapades.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

I enjoyed this more than I expected!  It was nice to see some of the former ‘cast’ and hear some behind the scenes stuff.  I haven’t been following all the shows super closely and maybe this came out somewhere, but this was the first time I heard that Dr. Jessica actually married Jon, the cast mate that she had rather obviously developed feelings for DURING the season and denied, denied, denied!  Liar!  I laughed on their conversations of who deserved a do-over, who was the worst, what was the worst ‘exercise’ they had to do, the mics and cameras, and would they recommend to their friends/family to do the show.  Fun stuff!  I also thought it was sweet that Shawniece and Japhte had developed such close friendships with their producers.  Lindsey was a total mess—I wonder how long they were filming and what was in the cups they were drinking.  She started out looking fairly calm and collected but became more and more sloppy and aggressive as the show progressed.  Still think Henry is a sweetheart!  I started out with it on in the background, but found I was actually tuning in!

• Like 4
(edited)

Not a ton to add here, but that wasn’t a “cast tell all.” That was hodgepodge of former people talking. 

Linsey: if my options were to put my unit in a toaster that was plugged in and submerged in water or spend ten minutes with her, I’d be making some toaster strudel. 

Mindy and Steve: good for both of them. They both got hosed by the experts, especially Mindy. 

Jeptha still looks scared to talk, breathe too loudly, or think for himself. 

Tristian….I still think the initial backlash about his comments was a load of BS. Everybody has physical preferences. Anybody who bashed him for that is too stupid to keep wasting valuable oxygen. 

Happy for Henry. Another poor guy who the experts screwed over. 

Edited by JayDub1987
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
13 hours ago, Rightside said:

This show was titled "Nashville Cast Tell All" on the cable listing.  Yet there wasn't one person from the Nashville cast!!! So annoying. Why do I need to see all those other people and Lindsey with hair extensions???

Yep too much Lindsey with hair extensions, fat rolls and her slanderous BS insinuations, whhhhhhy do I even watch?  My understanding is the reunion show is a two parter?  No idea why this episode was on or why we would be interested in any of these former MAFS people,  surely their 15 minutes was up long ago, nobody cares about them.  My next door neighbours are more relevant than this and def just as interesting.  I’ll watch the reunion show(s) for this season then I’m done.  I just can’t devote this much time and effort to this drivel anymore when there is so much better on tv.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I found the moderator to be very attractive. I see Lindsey is still a miserable hag.

I liked the moderator too, much better than the guy who does the other ones, Kevin??

• Like 3
1 hour ago, endure said:

I liked the moderator too, much better than the guy who does the other ones, Kevin??

Yep, Kevin Frazier. I would be so happy if he was replaced, Ever since he was so biased, as opposed to facilitating, I lost all respect for him. I used to watch him on ET and thought he was good. No more.

• Like 7

the best thing about this show, which I found more interesting than most of last season (admittedly a very low bar), was watching everyone else's facial and other reactions to Lindsey's rage fits.  That was very entertaining!!

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
On 6/15/2023 at 12:11 PM, suzeecat said:

The resulting discussion about how women are allowed to have certain physical preferences for a mate, but when men do it's frowned upon, I found eye opening - I never thought about it before. 

I was watching in astonishment as they had such a thoughtful, relevant conversation.

I've also been watching Season 1 for the first time, and at one point Jamie Otis said "Doug's and my" something or other.  I wanted to cheer.

• Like 1
On 6/14/2023 at 8:33 PM, Crashcourse said:

- Lindsey looks like she had work done on her face. 

On 6/14/2023 at 8:41 PM, kristen111 said:

Also, she looks horrible as her face is bloated.  

To me, she looked like she had some plastic surgery done that hadn't yet finished healing.

On 6/15/2023 at 6:45 AM, lu1535 said:

The Lindseyism I caught right off the bat was that the new boyfriend "moved in with her" not "we are living together". 

What I thought was, this guy is supposedly so freaking wonderful, but he didn't even have a place that was nice enough for them to move in to?  Isn't that what she slammed MTS for?

On 6/15/2023 at 1:11 PM, suzeecat said:

The resulting discussion about how women are allowed to have certain physical preferences for a mate, but when men do it's frowned upon, I found eye opening - I never thought about it before.

As they were having this conversation, and as, IIRC, Krysten was defending the right to have a preferences, it occurred to me that she slammed Mitch up and down for having a preference, for the more bohemian look!

On 6/14/2023 at 11:13 PM, Katie111 said:

I did like hearing about a couple of the behind the scenes stuff. 

Thought it was funny how she said Katie had been advising to unplug the 24-hour camera. Thought it was interesting that when asked if they ever got used to that camera and basically forgot about it, Krysten said yes, and that she walked around naked.  That doesn't really fit with the narrative she portrayed during her season.

On 6/15/2023 at 5:57 PM, Elizzikra said:

I'd watch something similar in the future but I really never need to see Lindsey again. 

And more emphatically, I really need to never see Lindsey again!

• Like 4

MAFS pulled me back in. I was expecting some juicy insider gossip from the last cast (hah, as if), but ended up rather liking the episode. Henry was handsome and far too nice and normal to roll in the muck with Lindsey. I actually do find MTS sketchy, but of course she had to be her usual harsh and cruel self. Ick. Enough has been said about her awful dress. I'm having flashbacks to her parade of ill-fitting gowns on afterparties and reunions. She tries, I'll give her that, but never succeeds.

Tristan hasn't aged well. Just another cast member done badly by the experts. Add Henry to that category as well. I'd forgotten what a sour dishrag his match was. Glad he's happy now.

I do agree that women seem to feel more insulted when men give their preferences. But I haven't found that it's allowed for women either, especially with the manosphere types who are always going on about shallow women who dare to want an attractive, tall man. But then I sometimes wonder if any of these people ever get out of the house and look at real-life couples!

This show felt like dessert after a very bland main course/season.

Well said. 🍰

On 6/14/2023 at 8:33 PM, Crashcourse said:

- Jepthe doesn't have much to say and looks like he's being held hostage.     

Haha. I usually get the sense that he'd prefer to be done with MAFS but still likes the payday. Always nice to see Shawniece's dramatic style and wig choices.

So there are still a few more shows to go? Does anyone get the feeling that they're just going to keep on putting together specials and tell-alls and highlight shows so the last MAFS just rolls right into the next season without a pause?

• Like 4

Lindsey is still awful. I didn’t care for Mark the Shark at times but she is a horrible woman. Also if she’s not going to tell us exactly what Steve did, she needs to shut up. The lady dating Steve seemed likable. 
I’m glad Henry has moved on with a sane woman.
Tristan seemed nice. I didn’t see his season. 
I was never a fan of Kristen even though Mitch was a douche. 
Jephte didn’t seem to want to be there. 

• Like 4
On 6/14/2023 at 11:06 PM, Elizzikra said:

Huh. My DVR didn't record this and I can't find it on demand.

Maybe it's time for me to start taking the hints the universe is giving me?

For me, on Demand always takes a few days, especially Bravo.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, kristen111 said:

For me, on Demand always takes a few days, especially Bravo.

Thanks. I found it. It was labeled as “Cast Tell All, Part 1” which made me think it was the TN cast.

I hate when they delay regular season episodes with crap like this. It doesn't even have anything to do with this season! Like, it was to force us to watch, instead of when the season's done & we can watch or not. Not cool. 😒😒😒😒

Lindsey is NO ONE'S "favorite"!!!!!! 🤨 She's the producer's "favorite" hot mess! I don't have favorite anythings, but these people weren't my favorites. J&S aren't even the best couple. Didn't miss Krysten's bulging eyes. Henry's quiet & boring. Tristan is whatever. Mindy's okay. Idk. I guess they have had a lot of couples on other specials, so they got the leftovers. Maybe they should have a villan episode. 🤷‍♀️🤣

• Like 3

Welp. J&S were broken up & would've stayed that way if not for the baby special. They need experts to help because they couldn't figure it out themselves & quit. Typical. 🙄😒 Why are they still together now? They probably still can't communicate. Look at the face he made when she was getting emotional! Like he didn't get it, because he's disconnected & doesn't care. I can't see them sticking it out until the kid's 18. & J wants more kids, how much longer is he going to wait til he looks for others that'll birth his kids?

• Like 2

Why are they still together now?

Well... they love each other? And they have a kid together? And they have put a few years into the relationship and view it as worth saving instead of divorcing? Plus divorce is expensive?

• Like 2
(edited)

Sorry, I was responding to tell all...

6 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Well... they love each other? And they have a kid together? And they have put a few years into the relationship and view it as worth saving instead of divorcing? Plus divorce is expensive?

I don't believe they will get a divorce. They're both very Faith orientated, their families get along, and I think they realize you just have to make a choice every day to stay married and work on it. They do get along and their humor, and love of Laura bonds them.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 2
On 6/21/2023 at 4:00 PM, Lindz said:

Welp. J&S were broken up & would've stayed that way if not for the baby special. They need experts to help because they couldn't figure it out themselves & quit. Typical. 🙄😒 Why are they still together now? They probably still can't communicate...

I think they shared that story because they understood why the experts put them together. They also believe in the process, and if counseling helps a couple learn to communicate, great.

When dealing with stress, I think a lot of us revert back to communicating the way our parents, or within our own families, did.  And if my "learned" communication is wrong, I'd definitely be game to learn new approaches.

A lot of people have no idea they're appearing offensive, condescending or indifferent when they address issues.

• Like 2

Poor Lindsay, she started off great. She was humorous, personable and then she lost it.

I do believe she went through hell during her season, and I believe she has a low tolerance for people who are dishonest in any way, shape, or form.

She just doesn't understand that her delivery makes people tune her out. She's so critical and she cuts deep with her insults, but she needs to realize that we're not going to listen to her if she dismisses people as trash and garbage.

If she had said what she needed to say, and then spoke of the men in a past tense as in, "He wasn't quite who I thought he'd be", or "others focused on my anger and disappointment rather than why I felt that" and lastly just point out "he misrepresented himself". Those are responses we can explore. 

I do believe there were some behind the scenes issues that we weren't privy to, and I found Marks inability to leave her alone quite telling. Mark is generally a people pleaser, and he wants to be liked, and I think he knew that Lindsay was not being treated fairly and that's why he kept trying to reach out to her. But by then she was done.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1