Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: A Lot of Cooks in the Kitchen

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Kid said:

I am still not feeling it for Amy.

Yeah. I agree. I used to not be feeling it for either of them but I am now hoping that Tammy comes out a success. She is stubborn and defiant but I really want to see her keep going to get to a healthy weight and also, to gain self confidence and the pure satisfaction of accomplishing a goal in life she never thought she could achieve.

Amy can just keep on keepin' on getting pregnant and gaining weight. Tammy's at least been real about her struggles with the emotional and physical parts of not previously being able to conquer this battle. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

I felt for Amy between the hormones making her emotional and insecure, being overwhelmed with two crying babies, everyone watching and Then she makes the 'forklift' crack and I'm like-Sigh. 

Amanda has a good heart. I was glad Someone got up to help. In my family , we let the new Mom and Dad eat their food while it's still hot and take care of the kids. So, was weird to me to see them keep eating and not help, but could've been editing.

• Like 7

I’ve never known Iris to be used as a boy’s name.  I like Chris, but this is the second time he has referred to Iris as his “adopted” grandson.  He is a grandson period.

Tammy lies on her back on a stretcher for four hours then announces that she is tired.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Why was Amy carrying Gage at the barbeque as she walked to the house?  Wasn't it just a week since her cesarean?  Don't you have to wait a few weeks before even carrying your infant much less a toddler?

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
25 minutes ago, suev3333 said:

I think we're all covic free,  Amy 🙄😐

I remember when I had 2 under 2 how hard it was...and I had c sections so I know that pain. .   Now I look back and laugh.  It all goes by so fast....30 yrs.  Michael needs to be helping Amy,    not stuffing his face.          I really like Amanda ,  she seems like a good sister .    (Oops ,  I commented on my own comment..lol)

Edited by suev3333
Added more
  • Like 6
4 hours ago, Azanscrazyhair said:

What exactly is COVIC? 

Seriously, how can anyone not know it's called Covid?

35 minutes ago, Quof said:

Why were they taking a newborn to a gathering of any kind, in 2022 ?

Good question, especially with all the Covic going around.

Does Michael do anything for the kids? I understand why he wouldn't clean the house if he was sick with covid, but it looked like he just let Amy do all the parenting. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
10 hours ago, Pi237 said:

I felt for Amy between the hormones making her emotional and insecure, being overwhelmed with two crying babies, everyone watching and Then she makes the 'forklift' crack and I'm like-Sigh. 

Amanda has a good heart. I was glad Someone got up to help. In my family , we let the new Mom and Dad eat their food while it's still hot and take care of the kids. So, was weird to me to see them keep eating and not help, but could've been editing.

I too feel for Amy because those hormones after giving birth are a bitch. Just wish she had waited a little longer to have her second child.

Amanda seems like a wonderful person and a great Aunt. It was sweet seeing all the support she gave Amy. Not to mention she wears a proper, flattering bra. Please others on these reality shows take note.

• Like 11
  • Applause 2

Call me a mean bitch but I find people who choose to have more children than they can handle and then whine and complain about it annoying as hell.  Especially the unhealthy ones who can't even be accountable enough to look after themselves let alone tiny new humans.  I started watching this show just recently but I'm not tuning in to listen to Amy whine about how tired she is now that Glenn has shown up on the scene so I am done.

21 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

I think Michael is (more than) a few ants short of a picnic . . .

Gormless Michael looks like tying his shoes might be a struggle some mornings.  He's harmlessly cute in a bumbling sort of way but I wouldn't trust him to pick up the right milk or make change for a $20.  I think he peaks at just standing there mouth agape. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7
11 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Why was Amy carrying Gage at the barbeque as she walked to the house?  Wasn't it just a week since her cesarean?  Don't you have to wait a few weeks before even carrying your infant much less a toddler?

My daughter recently had a c section and the directive was to carry nothing heavier than your baby. So Amy would be able to carry the new baby,

But remember, she was also supposed to wait 2 years after surgery before having a baby. And now she has two! Just sayin!

8 hours ago, GaT said:

Seriously, how can anyone not know it's called Covid?

Good question, especially with all the Covic going around.

Does Michael do anything for the kids? I understand why he wouldn't clean the house if he was sick with covid, but it looked like he just let Amy do all the parenting. 

But didn't Michael say that he wasn't that sick?? I can't remember what his symptoms were. He could have cleaned the house.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
13 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Amy can just keep on keepin' on getting pregnant and gaining weight. Tammy's at least been real about her struggles with the emotional and physical parts of not previously being able to conquer this battle. 

Sadly, Amy is being too flippant about her weight issues. Then again, she probably grew up thinking she was big, but not as big as her siblings. She forgets that they're all morbidly obese, except for maybe Chris. (Yikes... is that her brother's name)?

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
13 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Amanda has a good heart. I was glad Someone got up to help.

2 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Amanda seems like a wonderful person and a great Aunt. It was sweet seeing all the support she gave Amy. Not to mention she wears a proper, flattering bra. Please others on these reality shows take note.

I wish I had a sister like Amanda. 

• Like 6
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I started watching this show just recently but I'm not tuning in to listen to Amy whine about how tired she is now that Glenn has shown up on the scene so I am done.

He didn't just show up, she intentionally got pregnant before she was supposed to. 

3 hours ago, lilysmom said:

But didn't Michael say that he wasn't that sick?? I can't remember what his symptoms were. He could have cleaned the house.

He said he wasn't very sick and just had a headache. But I'm sure housecleaning never entered his tiny little brain. That's wimmens work! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
34 minutes ago, magemaud said:

He didn't just show up, she intentionally got pregnant before she was supposed to. 

Oh, I know.  Which is why I said: 

4 hours ago, Cementhead said:

people who choose to have more children

I meant show up on the scene 'of this show' as in, be the new story line for Amy of overworked and harried "new mom of two."  I can't even pretend to care or be interested enough to keep watching. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Teriacky said:

I couldn’t stop laughing when Amanda was trying to comfort Amy and said, “Look at me. With BOTH eyes.” and Amy replied, “I can’t.” (Then they both started laughing because she really can’t!)

Ha!  That reminds me of  "Part of the legend of Admiral Lord Nelson describes him deliberately holding a telescope up against his blind eye so that he could deny seeing his commanding admiral's order to withdraw from action and thereupon going on to win the Battle of Copenhagen in 1801."

• Like 2
  • Love 1

A conclusion I've reached this year is that Amy and Tammy living together all that time was a bad situation.  I think their "humor" was very negative, and didn't help either of them at all.  It sounds like Tammy has privately had successful sessions with the therapist, sessions that she has not wanted filmed.  It's a shame that she didn't have that sooner because she might have been able to live with another sibling rather than Amy.  Although I feel empathy for Amy's postpartum blues I also feel the situation would have been better if she hadn't rushed into both pregnancies.  Her vulgarity really turns me off.  Tammy has a much better, positive relationship with her other siblings, and I find that I'm liking her much more this year.

• Like 11

While I am glad Tammy has been approved for weight loss surgery it's concerning that she almost views it as an end goal, rather than the tool to help her continue on a road to improving her health.  It would be good if she continues the therapy after the surgery. 

The fact that staying in her present condition is riskier than major surgery is terrifying but Tammy already seems to have nine lives.  Just the fact that she survived Covid/covic 🙄 seems almost unbelievable so maybe she will be okay.  Either way,  it's wonderful that she has such a nice family willing to support her journey.   

8 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

A conclusion I've reached this year is that Amy and Tammy living together all that time was a bad situation. 

I agree.  When someone isn't responsible for the constant caregiving of a family member they are free to be their sister/friend/brother etc.  I admire Tammy's siblings for having boundaries. 

• Like 8

I think two kids under two would frazzle anyone - regardless of their health.  Of course Amy's eating doesn't help in the energy department but neither does having a lump of a husband who just SITS THERE when she comes home from major surgery ( a cesarean is major)  and comments she needs to clean the house.  The guy was home for 12 days with a headache and played video games the entire time.  😡  Not sure why Amy was so anxious to get home. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I started watching this show just recently but I'm not tuning in to listen to Amy whine about how tired she is now that Glenn has shown up on the scene so I am done.

I'm done with this show too. Channel surfing and landing on this show and seeing this depressing group of people . . . well, I just can't. This show doesn't have any redeeming qualities. It's not fun, not educational, not inspirational - it's just about a morbidly obese selfish complainer who brings everyone down along with her sister and brother-in-law who, like Cosmocrush said, is just a lump who sits there. It just seems soooo depressing. 

I hate to say it, but I don't care about Tammy. Don't know about Amy anymore but the brother and other sisters seem decent. Gage is cute. I'm passing on this mess.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

I don't care about Tammy either. I don't care if she has surgery, don't care if she's successful, don't care anything about her because I don't like her. The end.

I'm disappointed that Michael isn't helping with the kids. He needs to be as much a parent as Amy.

As far as Michael's covic symptoms, he had a headache AND he was sweating. So there's that.

Amanda. Yes, I appreciated that she went to Amy when she was having her baby break-down, BUT, I didn't like that she pretty much just told Amy to get her shit together, adopt a better attitude, buck up, you can do this, blah blah blah. Mothers with postpartum depression or wonky hormones often need some kind of professional help to get back on track. Bad things can happen when a new mother gets overwhelmed. I can't believe I'm defending Amy, but adopting a better attitude is next to impossible without guidance.

How tall is Amanda? When she and Amy were sitting on the couch together, Amy looked almost tiny. Ok, not tiny, but definitely MUCH smaller than her sister.

With a couple of exceptions, that whole family needs to eat healthier and lose weight and stop being so critical of their other family members because of how much THEY weigh. There's obviously a lot of love in that family and making fun of them is not a good way to show that love.

I give this show WAY too much attention.

Now, the end for real.

• Like 9

I just wonder if that big lumpy forehead of Tammy's is gonna go away when she loses some more weight?  Or is she gonna have to go around with that forever? Or HAS she always had it?  

It's a mystery but maybe Nancy Drew can solve it.😳

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
17 hours ago, suzeecat said:

I think Michael is (more than) a few ants short of a picnic . . .

Ikr!  And I know he had covic (tm Amy 🤣) and all but once he tested negative he could have at least cleaned the damn house for his wife and new baby's return home.  After having a c-section Amy shouldn't have had to deal with that right away.  

Sitting on that couch Amanda looked as big as Amy, bigger actually because she has humongous boobs.  The one thing she has over Amy is her height.  Her weight is distributed better because of it, but she's gained a lot of weight since last season.  

• Like 7
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I just wonder if that big lumpy forehead of Tammy's is gonna go away when she loses some more weight? 

IIRC, it’s  a fat deposit and it probably won’t go away (or get smaller) on its own, but I would imagine it’s the kind of thing a crossover visit to Dr. Pimple Popper could fix! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, CapeCodLuv said:

Messy is one thing, dirty is another.

I'll never forget the roaches crawling around their old place. And how Amy was so embarrassed when she had professional organizers/cleaners in to make the house liveable. She blamed the mess on how crowded the apartment was but now that she has more room, I think she just doesn't know how to keep a house clean. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 7
3 hours ago, CapeCodLuv said:

I noticed at the BBQ Amanda gave the baby to Chris, he had to put down his meal. Why did she not hand he baby to Michael and explain to him that she was going to help Amy with Gage?

I noticed the side eye Chris gave her. I think he thought the same thing you did. 

• Like 11
On 2/22/2023 at 7:29 AM, Texasmom1970 said:

I too feel for Amy because those hormones after giving birth are a bitch. Just wish she had waited a little longer to have her second child.

I agree. I liked Amanda comforting her sister, and reminding her she does have a husband and he needs to be helping. 

I give Amy a lot of grace in that situation. One month post partum is HARD, and lots of Moms have those feelings “how will I split my attention”, especially when the kids are close in age, two under two is stressful. 

2 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I noticed the side eye Chris gave her. I think he thought the same thing you did. 

I noticed that too. 

• Like 6

I do feel bad for Amy. Two under two is hard. However, she should have listened to the doctors to begin with. He told her originally to wait two years after her surgery to conceive and she conceived a few months later. AND, the doctor told her after Gage to wait awhile before having another one so Amy conceives when the baby is not even a year.

I was also annoyed that Michael just sat there eating while she was struggling. Also, couldn't he clean the house while she was at Amanda's.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, applewood said:

I was also annoyed that Michael just sat there eating while she was struggling. Also, couldn't he clean the house while she was at Amanda's.

Maybe that's a little known side effect of "COVIC", it renders you unable to do anything but play video games.  

• LOL 10
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

Maybe that's a little known side effect of "COVIC", it renders you unable to do anything but play video games.  

Frankly he seems too slow for video games.  Maybe they are vintage ones like Qbert.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5
On 2/22/2023 at 10:45 AM, Cementhead said:

Call me a mean bitch but I find people who choose to have more children than they can handle and then whine and complain about it annoying as hell.  Especially the unhealthy ones who can't even be accountable enough to look after themselves let alone tiny new humans.  I started watching this show just recently but I'm not tuning in to listen to Amy whine about how tired she is now that Glenn has shown up on the scene so I am done.

Gormless Michael looks like tying his shoes might be a struggle some mornings.  He's harmlessly cute in a bumbling sort of way but I wouldn't trust him to pick up the right milk or make change for a $20.  I think he peaks at just standing there mouth agape. 

Feeling overwhelmed right after giving birth and having major abdominal surgery (and then finding out that the person you thought would help can't be there with you) is different than not being able to handle having children once the first few weeks and months pass. 

On 2/23/2023 at 3:54 AM, magemaud said:

IIRC, it’s  a fat deposit and it probably won’t go away (or get smaller) on its own, but I would imagine it’s the kind of thing a crossover visit to Dr. Pimple Popper could fix! 

If you see pictures of her now, it has decreased tremendously.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
22 minutes ago, readheaded said:

Feeling overwhelmed right after giving birth and having major abdominal surgery (and then finding out that the person you thought would help can't be there with you) is different than not being able to handle having children once the first few weeks and months pass. 

If you see pictures of her now, it has decreased tremendously.

Tammy is very good at photoshopping so I take those pictures with a grain of salt.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, MsVixen said:

Tammy is very good at photoshopping so I take those pictures with a grain of salt.

An easy solution would be to wear "bangs."

And when did she start wearing glasses? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 2