Type keyword(s) to search

Milestone Moments: All The Celebrity Vitals

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

I've always said there needed to be an apology campaign for Sinead O'Connor, for cancelling her (and I'm using that term properly, unlike most public figures) after she exposed some harsh truths. 

And now it's too goddamned late. 

Rest in peace, Ms. O'Connor. 

And fuck 2023.

I’m really afraid to know how it happened. Considering everything she went through, most recently losing her child…I have a bad feeling.

• Sad 16
3 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I don’t believe it.

“It’s been seven hours and sixteen days…”

Sinead, we all misjudged you. I’m so sorry.

She never recovered from the death of her son Shane, who died by suicide last year, and that was on top of all of her other problems. I hope her wounded soul finds the peace she was never able to maintain in life, and that she's reunited with the boy on the other side.

• Like 8
  • Sad 4
  • Love 13

I remember as a teen watching SNL only for Sinead's performance. I also remember being pissed by how she was treated directly following it. She was right. As a teen, I knew she was right then. And many who ostracized her knew it too.

• Like 12
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

I know most people associate her with Nothing Compares 2 U, but my long-time favorite of her performances was The Foggy Dew.  It's a shame that she's known first for being controversial, because she really had such a beautiful voice.

• Like 15
  • Love 1

I was just listening to I Do Not Want What I Haven’t Got over the weekend, she really did have the soul of a poet; a true artist.

She was so devastated by her son Shane's death I think she went to some dark places afterwards. 

image.png.5b1872e30df0014350f0a452436abcab.png

I remember feeling devastated for her after reading that.

Bless you Sinead.

• Like 9
  • Sad 8
2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I don’t believe it.

“It’s been seven hours and sixteen days…”

Sinead, we all misjudged you. I’m so sorry.

I always loved her. I listened to her debut album often during my junior year of college. The world needs more “crazy bitches” like her. 

• Like 14
  • Mind Blown 1

I love so many of her songs, and so much of what she said (about religion, war, sexism, etc.).  I can't believe her final album - the first one she'd done in a decade - is going to be a posthumous release.

My favorite of her songs:

• Like 9

Actually gasped when I saw the news about Sinead. Damn. 

I still remember the clip of her at some event after her appearance on 'SNL" - she got booed off the stage, and Kris Kristofferson was right there to offer her a hug. I hope that moment gave her a little comfort. Thank you, Sinead, for not being afraid to speak up and speak your mind. If only more people had listened...

May she rest in peace. 

• Like 23
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I still remember the clip of her at some event after her appearance on 'SNL" - she got booed off the stage, and Kris Kristofferson was right there to offer her a hug. I hope that moment gave her a little comfort. Thank you, Sinead, for not being afraid to speak up and speak your mind. If only more people had listened...

May she rest in peace. 

Today I learned that this exists:

• Like 6
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

Actually gasped when I saw the news about Sinead. Damn. 

May she rest in peace. 

The Bob Dylan 30th Anniversary concert(30 years since his first album.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

I know that Miss O'Connor had had such a troubled life but I somehow didn't expect this to happen at this stage of her life. I know none of us are promised a day and no one truly knows what any other soul is going though but I had thought that since she had gotten through her 20s and 30s and had become a mother that somehow she'd have a longer life expectancy than she did.

Regardless, I truly hope she and her poor son are now resting in peace despite it having eluded them in their lives!

• Like 10

I was reminded on social media that at the time of former Sinead O’ Connor’s death her name was actually Shuhada' Sadaqat, and she was Muslim. Too many media sources are leaving that out. Since it was important to her, this should be mentioned and her name she identified with should be used somewhere when reporting her death.

• Like 15
  • Useful 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, Enigma X said:

I was reminded on social media that at the time of former Sinead O’ Connor’s death her name was actually Shuhada' Sadaqat, and she was Muslim. Too many media sources are leaving that out. Since it was important to her, this should be mentioned and her name she identified with should be used somewhere when reporting her death.

The obituary I read mentioned that, and noted she continued to perform as Sinead O'Connor after changing her name.  It sounds like the new album she recorded was to be released under the Sinead name, but I don't know for sure.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 2
  • Useful 10
6 hours ago, festivus said:

This was my favorite

R.I.P

God, I haven't heard this song in years. I remember this video getting some airplay back in the day - I liked it, and the song :). 

• Like 3

Very sad to hear of Randy Meisner's passing. 😢

The Eagles had a bounty of wonderful vocalists. Glenn Frey had a great country-rock voice and Don Henley is a world-class singer, but Randy Meisner's voice just soared! 

Treat yourself to a listen to "Take It To the Limit" in his honor. 🎖 The afterlife just picked up one hell of a tenor. 🎵

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Very sad to hear of Randy Meisner's passing. 😢

The Eagles had a bounty of wonderful vocalists. Glenn Frey had a great country-rock voice and Don Henley is a world-class singer, but Randy Meisner's voice just soared! 

Treat yourself to a listen to "Take It To the Limit" in his honor. 🎖 The afterlife just picked up one hell of a tenor. 🎵

After Desperado and Doolin Dalton, Take It To the Limit is my favorite Eagles song. RIP.

• Like 7

I was fortunate enough to see the Eagles a few years ago, before Glenn Frey died, and with Randy Meisner, too.  It was an amazing show.  Was Randy touring with them this year?

Which brings me to a question I've asked before -- it's mostly a thought question.  I don't expect a real answer.  How many original members of a band does it take to make the band?  I mean, is it really the Eagles without Glenn Frey? 

RIP Randy.  Yours was a wonderful voice.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I was fortunate enough to see the Eagles a few years ago, before Glenn Frey died, and with Randy Meisner, too.  It was an amazing show.  Was Randy touring with them this year?

Which brings me to a question I've asked before -- it's mostly a thought question.  I don't expect a real answer.  How many original members of a band does it take to make the band?  I mean, is it really the Eagles without Glenn Frey? 

RIP Randy.  Yours was a wonderful voice.

I saw the Eagles in August 1994 for their Hell Freezes Over Tour.  I don’t think Randy was with them for that, but it was still really good.  He was very talented. Such iconic music that always stands out.  

• Like 7
(edited)

Meisner left the Eagles in 1977, but did return to the lineup to perform with the band one last time, at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony in 1998 (he's on the far left side in the video, next to Timothy B. Schmit):

Of course, his best-known work with the band was the classic 1975 hit Take It To The Limit, which he co-wrote and provided lead vocals:

and following his Eagles departure, he had a few mid-level solo hits including Never Been In Love,  Deep Inside My Heart (a duet with Kim Carnes) and the 1981 Top 20 single Hearts On Fire:

RIP Mr. Meisner - the heavenly choir has added a soaring, soulful tenor. 💔😭

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 7/28/2023 at 2:08 PM, MissAlmond said:

Actor Inga Swenson best known for playing cook Gretchen Kraus on the TV series Benson and also portrayed Hoss Cartwright's mother, Inger, on Bonanza as died, age 90.

AWW!  There goes another childhood performer for me.  I remember some years ago she announced her well earned retirement but I didn't realize she was 90!

Before "Benson", she was on  "Soap",  as Corinne's birth mother, Ingrid Svenson who was trying to interfere with her relationship between her adoptive parents, Jessica and Chester Tate.  

To Jessica Tate:

Ingrid: "You think I'm finished?"

Jessica: "No, you're Swedish!"

Of course half the fun on Benson was watching the verbal sparring between Krause and Benson.  

RIP Ms. Swenson.

Edited by magicdog
  • Like 16
On 7/29/2023 at 1:14 PM, giovannif7 said:

Meisner left the Eagles in 1977, but did return to the lineup to perform with the band one last time, at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony in 1998

They didnt let him plug in. Glenn Frey is a complete asshole.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5