Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E16: One on One (Part 2)

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Kody knows this too, which is why he is so angry and unforgiving.  I can't remember exactly where he was; I believe it was at a therapist office, when he shouted at the top of his lungs, "she was gonna leave my arse."  It caught me off-guard, because it was the first time, I'd ever heard him use such language. 

He shouted that to Suki in the S16 Tell-All.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
2 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Sobbyn does a lot of "as I understand it" and "I was told" crap.  All hearsay.  Vague accusations with no substance followed by a pseudo-tearful "they all ruined it for me" because, after all, the whole polygamist farce is all about her.  Only Sobbyn should be living her dream, everyone else should just be miserable to make it  happen and shut up about it.

The epitome of selfishness and entitlement, that is Sobbyn.  She makes everything about HER, just like her shitheel husband.

Fuck them both.

• Like 8
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Kody knows this too, which is why he is so angry and unforgiving.  I can't remember exactly where he was; I believe it was at a therapist office, when he shouted at the top of his lungs, "she was gonna leave my arse."  It caught me off-guard, because it was the first time, I'd ever heard him use such language. 

It was last season's Tell Nothing, that he yelled that little gem.

BULLSHIT that he EVER thought about reconciliation with Meri, let alone said anything to the others.  

I am shocked that his (and Sobbyn's) pants weren't ablaze when they told that lie about Christine.  Suki is favoring those two liars!

54 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

He shouted that to Suki in the S16 Tell-All.

Great minds!  

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 1/3/2023 at 3:00 PM, TurtlePower said:

In that moment, it looked like “no grace” to me because when Meri was struggling and threatening to leave the family, they all supported her despite their bewilderment. In their words, they “circled the wagons” and rallied around her (and then continued to walk on eggshells around her for years).

Okay, I understand what you mean. I never bought into them circling the wagons. That is, I think on TV they presented a united front. Off camera, I don't think Robyn or Christine rallied around her, and I think they turned Kody from understanding (as he was when he talked to Leon about giving their mom a break) to angry. I think Janelle was supportive, but I don't think Janelle plays their reindeer games much. It was a gracious act for her to approach Meri about going together to the therapist in the wake of the catfish. It felt like she was throwing Meri a lifeline.

On 1/3/2023 at 3:07 PM, Meow Mix said:

As to Meri, she really needs to own her stuff.  It's on camera that she hinted that she was going to leave the family for Sam when the family was on a trip to Alaska.

I never took that Alaska restaurant scene as Meri prepping the rest of the Brown parents for her running away with Sam.

I always took it as Meri prepping them that she might take off, because she knew by then that Jackie/Sam/Whatever were creepy, and that she thought she was being stalked, and felt threatened. She was highly unnerved during that whole conversation. She did not seem like a woman ready to take off with her lover. She seemed scared to death.

Edited by General Days
Meri, not Mary: damn you autocorrect
  • Like 9
34 minutes ago, General Days said:

Okay, I understand what you mean. I never bought into them circling the wagons. That is, I think on TV they presented a united front. Off camera, I don't think Robyn or Christine rallied around her, and I think they turned Kody from understanding (as he was when he talked to Leon about giving their mom a break) to angry. I think Janelle was supportive, but I don't think Janelle plays their reindeer games much. It was a gracious act for her to approach Mary about going together to the therapist in the wake of the catfish. It felt like she was throwing Meri a lifeline.

I never took that Alaska restaurant scene as Meri prepping the rest of the Brown parents for her running away with Sam.

I always took it as Meri prepping them that she might take off, because she knew by then that Jackie/Sam/Whatever were creepy, and that she thought she was being stalked, and felt threatened. She was highly unnerved during that whole conversation. She did not seem like a woman ready to take off with her lover. She seemed scared to death.

I think the circling of the wagons thing was due to the Browns finding out the whole story in Meri speak, which tends to be a need to know, bits and pieces kind of thing. I'm guessing when the Browns knew more they became less supportive.

I remember the Alaska meal just as you do. Meri was going to leave the family because Sam was a scam. She was humiliated and scared. Meri was thinking it would be better off for everyone, including herself, if she was gone when "Sam" went public.

• Like 5
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1

Meri admitted she broke trust with the family. She admitted she was lonely, and angry at Kody and therefore sought out companionship online. She even admitted that she had "feelings" for "sam," according to Kody who told this to Leon and said "I believe you can have feelings for two people at the same time" (well after all the details had been released). She admitted to being vulnerable and acting foolishly and not handling the situation well. What she did not admit to, was the idea that she may have actually left the family. She was shamed and humiliated publicly and privately and I'm sure that would have been incredibly difficult to admit on camera.

With regards to the family 'circling the wagons,' they did so but only in their most dysfunctional way possible. She was still iced out. She was still on the periphery of the family. They were constantly saying "are you with us Meri?" and she would say "yes, I'm here" and giving them hand painted paintings, and they would keep questioning her over and over and over again, "are you really with us." It was clear to me that this family nor Kody didn't accept Meri back into the fold. They didn't really want her to be with them. But honestly, she hadn't really been in the fold for a long time anyway.

To me, it looked like Meri was supporting Christine in the Tell Alls. I am guessing she is reading the PR room because she seemingly knew to validate Christine's feelings and place the blame more so on Kody. 

I do not feel sorry for her because she's had 30 years to hear what they were saying about her emotional regulation issues. While they are all immature with really poor communication skills, hers is clearly the one the causes the most damage. I think she's been working on it but it seems like now she's just gone silent. That's not really the answer either. I hope now that she forced Kody to be the one to actually leave her - she can truly move on.

To me Janelle performed the best in the Tell Alls. She said "no one is innocent." She seems to recognize the ridiculous situation they are in. She seems to acknowledge they all have said and done crappy things. They raised a bunch of happy kids and now its time to move on.

Christine too, though her overly dramatic, theatrical "goddess" schtick might get old. Seems so contrived. She still seems immature. I don't fault her, but I could see how living with her might be a bit much lol. Still, wishing her all the best as she moves on too.

How is there another season? I think its time for them all to move on.

• Like 17
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

I cannot figure out if this interviewer is monumentally incompetent or simply a manipulative snake. She completely twisted the supposed story of Christine melting down at the mention of Kody and Meri reconciling.

She twisted Robyn’s words to Christine, and flat out lied to Meri about Christine’s and Robyn’s responses. Robyn witnessed Jack shit. She was TOLD this story by Kody. Christine didn’t not remember it - a classic playing dumb move when lying. Christine flat out denied the story.  She follows it up by telling Meri that Robyn witnessed this as truth. I feel truly bad for Meri in this moment. Thinking that it was a possibility that she never knew about. 

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I dont know why Robyn refuses to accept that Christine doesn’t want to be her friend. Right now or ever. 

She just can't believe someone would not like her. She is all heart after all.

Christine said nothing about her kids but lets face it, is she going to drive for hours to see them? 

Speaking of kids, in his kidney soliloquy Kodyvirus screams at Christine that the kids are the easy part. Really? Mothering 12 kids is easy? For him, yes. For a real parent, no.  

• Like 20
35 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

She just can't believe someone would not like her. She is all heart after all.

Christine said nothing about her kids but lets face it, is she going to drive for hours to see them? 

Speaking of kids, in his kidney soliloquy Kodyvirus screams at Christine that the kids are the easy part. Really? Mothering 12 kids is easy? For him, yes. For a real parent, no.  

I don’t think Christine has anything against Robyn’s kids, but she was never a caregiver for them. If Aurora and Brenna keep up relationships with Gwen and Ysabel (the girls closest to them in age) it’s likely Christine will see them on occasion, but that’s it. 

• Like 12
43 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Might I also add, Robyn deciding that the fam'ly business was going to be MSWC, despite the fact that Meri and Janelle both wanted little to do with it (and Christine only wanted to help because she was deep in her simpering "keep sweet" phase in order to get Kody to visit her and their kids once in a blue moon).  The money that family wasted trying to get a fledgling jool'ry business up and running was probably substantial, especially when you consider the market for that crap was extremely small and the prices were extremely ridiculous.

Had those five adults pooled their childcare resources and all gotten full or part time jobs to supplement their TLC income instead of relying solely on that money, they'd be in far better shape.  Instead, they had an egotistical caveman as their patriarch (ha!) and his poor, put-upon new side piece driving all of his decisions in a way to best benefit her and her kids.  How'd that all work out for you, Robyn?  Are you happy with winning the game you set out to play?

Taking my reply to the Robin thread.

Funny how Kody keeps switching stories about when he wanted to reconcile with Meri but it goes to show how self-centered he is. Why is it only when HE wants to reconcile? So he wanted to when she gave him the rice krispy treats or at the one house meeting, whichever but doesn’t want to anymore so too bad, so sad for her? 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago

Might I also add, Robyn deciding that the fam'ly business was going to be MSWC, despite the fact that Meri and Janelle both wanted little to do with it (and Christine only wanted to help because she was deep in her simpering "keep sweet" phase in order to get Kody to visit her and their kids once in a blue moon).  The money that family wasted trying to get a fledgling jool'ry business up and running was probably substantial, especially when you consider the market for that crap was extremely small and the prices were extremely ridiculous.

What is MSWC?

7 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:
10 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

What is MSWC?

My Sister Wifes Closet.

Really?  I assume that means they are selling clothing but I must ask, are they selling the clothes from each other's closets?  Maybe that is why Meri's clothes never fit correctly?  

• Like 2
  • LOL 12

My Sister Wifes Closet.

You can google it and still find the Web site. It's still up even though it's no longer active. 

There were times when Christine and Robyn really seemed to be getting along and having fun together. Same with Christine and Meri. There was never a time when Meri and Janelle seemed to get along. 

I don't 100% buy any version of events that these people are selling. I think they're all trying to make themselves look good. None of them are as good or as bad as they're being depicted by other family members.

Kody's suit was 100% bad though. Christine looked like she got someone with more style than her to dress her. I noticed she didn't wear LulaRoe. I wonder if she got advice from Aspyn or got a personal stylist. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, AryasMum said:

I cannot figure out if this interviewer is monumentally incompetent or simply a manipulative snake. She completely twisted the supposed story of Christine melting down at the mention of Kody and Meri reconciling.

She twisted Robyn’s words to Christine, and flat out lied to Meri about Christine’s and Robyn’s responses. Robyn witnessed Jack shit. She was TOLD this story by Kody. Christine didn’t not remember it - a classic playing dumb move when lying. Christine flat out denied the story.  She follows it up by telling Meri that Robyn witnessed this as truth. I feel truly bad for Meri in this moment. Thinking that it was a possibility that she never knew about. 

I can’t see any instance where Sukanya did anything but repeat what had been told to her.  According to Kody’s version he got a vibe from Christine when telling the other wives he was thinking of reconciling with Meri.  Then he mentions the one house discussion and Christine storming off and he is ascribing Christine’s reaction to not wanting Kody to reconcile with Meri.  Christine when asked says something has been twisted.  Yes.  Not wanting to share a house with Meri is not quite the same thing as telling Kody not to reconcile.  What Robyn is referring to is yet another incident where Christine was at Robyn’s house and was upset about something.  She did not know what the issue was until she was told about it by Kody.  So in my mind it’s Kody here doing the lying with Robyn in a supporting role.

I don’t feel too bad for Meri here.  She said it herself these fleeting impulses of Kody don’t last very long.  If Kody really was considering reconciling because of the Rice Krispie treats then why almost immediately after does he reject her?  We see Meri give Kody the treats before they set out on the drive where Kody rejects Meri’s attempt to hug him.  It doesn’t make sense to me that they would be at the vehicle getting ready to go then take a break where he consults with his other wives and then rejects Meri as a result.  Even desperate Meri wasn’t buying that.  

Somehow Kody is trying to insist he was considering reconciling for an extended time.  This version -to use Janelle’s words -suits Kody.  To use my words is a lie.

• Like 12
  • Love 1
On 1/3/2023 at 10:16 AM, mythoughtis said:

The question wasn’t even controversial. She didn’t ask him to throw Robyn under the bus.   He could have just  answered  ‘ we are on the same  page about blah, blah, blah.  It’s very peaceful and fulfilling’. 

Kody is already feeling attacked because his relationship with Robyn is one of the reasons Christine mentioned for leaving “He plays favorites”.  There is nothing Kody can say about his relationship with Robyn that doesn’t disprove she is his favourite.  Unless he criticizes her which he wouldn’t want to do.  

• Like 12
  • Wink 1
51 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

When did he say this? Because I would have come back at him with If taking care of kids is easy, why does Robyn need a nannie for 2 children both of whom are School aged and when she has 2 adult children and an older teen in the home to help with the younger kids? Are Robyn's kids that difficult to care for that she, Kody and her older children can't handle them? 

Exactly you would have come back at him but Christine is an airhead who can’t seem to defend herself in arguments…. It’s so annoying to sit and watch her look confused and then say something lame.

much like you I would have tore into Kody and read him the riot act, I’d make both him and Robyn too scared to open their mouths for fear of the TRUTH BOMBS I’d be dropping!

every meeting was the same thing, Kody losing his temper and Robyn supporting him because they know it intimidates the others and they’re in charge… then they spin it to fit their purpose.

that’s also why they want to keep stupid old Meri on their side for now…. 3 against 2… and 3 against 1 at the meeting where it was just Janelle and she started to walk off after Kody screamed at her with Robyn egging him on.

Hell no, I’d burn down the house if they tried that shit with me. 🔥

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3

It cracked me up when they showed Robyn and Kody’s wedding reception as a happy time. All I could think was that they were happy because they were going to have a tv show. I could almost see the $ signs in their eyes.   I do think Savannah was sincerely happy because she was excited to have Breanna join the family as it gave her someone her age. 

• Like 7
32 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

It may be that Christine isn't good at coming up with responses to Kody but when he was railing against her, I loved watching her sit silently and let him hang himself. He wanted her to engage and she didn't give him that satisfaction. I thought it was a good move on her part.

I agree. Like Christine, I am not good at confrontation. I give her a lot of credit for just sitting there while Kody starts yelling like an unhinged, hysterical maniac.

• Like 17
6 hours ago, gaPeach said:

Really?  I assume that means they are selling clothing but I must ask, are they selling the clothes from each other's closets?  Maybe that is why Meri's clothes never fit correctly?  

No, not clothing.  It was all clunky jewelry. 

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, Chris Knight said:

I agree. Like Christine, I am not good at confrontation. I give her a lot of credit for just sitting there while Kody starts yelling like an unhinged, hysterical maniac.

I never come up with good retorts...until a day later.  LOL.  I get it.

• Like 13
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, gaPeach said:

https://mysisterwifescloset.com/collections/all?page=1 

The link still works and you can click away the purple we'll be back soon pop up and scroll through it. It's a rather strange collection of stuff that is usually sold cheap at markets, fairs etc. But they charge a lot for it.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

https://mysisterwifescloset.com/collections/all?page=1 

The link still works and you can click away the purple we'll be back soon pop up and scroll through it. It's a rather strange collection of stuff that is usually sold cheap at markets, fairs etc. But they charge a lot for it.  

$557 for a claddagh ring. Don't they all have that ring ? It symbolizes love, loyalty and friendship, all while Robyn stabs you in the back and steals your husband. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 13
1 hour ago, Chris Knight said:

$557 for a claddagh ring. Don't they all have that ring ? It symbolizes love, loyalty and friendship, all while Robyn stabs you in the back and steals your husband. 

They do and you can buy them for a lot less than $557.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
16 hours ago, 65mickey said:

When did he say this? Because I would have come back at him with If taking care of kids is easy, why does Robyn need a nannie for 2 children both of whom are School aged and when she has 2 adult children and an older teen in the home to help with the younger kids? Are Robyn's kids that difficult to care for that she, Kody and her older children can't handle them? 

BRAVO to this.

Kody telling Christine that raising 12 kids was the "easy" part made me furious, but she did the right thing by not reacting.  You cannot reason with an unhinged lunatic wearing a sun visor and work gloves with cold little marbles for eyes.  I love that comeback, though - if it's so easy, why does Robyn need 14 people to raise Sol and Ari?  But again, Christine knows you can't disparage the oh-so-humble Robyn in Kody's presence - her not rising to his bait made him even more nuts, and it was fun to watch his little pea-brain try and come up with even more insults while Robyn fake-cried, Janelle and Meri played statue and Christine just looked at him and thought, I am SO glad I'm leaving this maniac.

For a jerk that admits to never having loved Christine, he sure has had a number of over-the-top hissy fits when she decided that she'd had enough.

• Like 15
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

For a jerk that admits to never having loved Christine, he sure has had a number of over-the-top hissy fits when she decided that she'd had enough.

But, but, but the FAMBLY!!!  And he sacrified SO MUCH!!!  And how could she do this TO HIM!!!  WHHAAAAAAAA!!!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 14
4 hours ago, Cetacean said:

But, but, but the FAMBLY!!!  And he sacrified SO MUCH!!!  And how could she do this TO HIM!!!  WHHAAAAAAAA!!!!

Yes Kody did say that Christine leaving tore the family apart.  I'm wondering what exactly he meant by that?  Because Janelle sympathized with her?  Because Christine was basically the care giver for Janelle's children, and Mariah? and her own children and he was afraid the children would take Christine's side?  Because Christine did most of the planning/hosting for family events?  ???

• Like 9
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, procrasstinator said:

Yes Kody did say that Christine leaving tore the family apart.  I'm wondering what exactly he meant by that?  Because Janelle sympathized with her?  Because Christine was basically the care giver for Janelle's children, and Mariah? and her own children and he was afraid the children would take Christine's side?  Because Christine did most of the planning/hosting for family events?  ???

Because the "family" only seems to actually get together for special occasions. Birthdays and Holidays. If Christine doesn't stay in Flagstaff and fake it for those occasions, then they aren't the big bash they usually are. As we have seen through their social media, both Christine and Janelle gravitate to their children for Holidays. With Christine in Utah, Janelle is sure as hell not going to sit by herself in Robyn's house playing second fiddle while her kids enjoy each others company elsewhere.

During these occasions, Kody gets the scenes of a big family buzzing around him so he can walk around with a puffed out chest, eating the tops off of dinner rolls, doing nothing to help because that is what the women-folk are for. When they moved to Flagstaff he said multiple times that since it was a "pretty" place that all the kids would then flock there, "coming back" to live or at least for visits.  His delusion that him living there was all that was needed for them to surround him.

• Like 13
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Kody telling Christine that raising 12 kids was the "easy" part made me furious, but she did the right thing by not reacting.  You cannot reason with an unhinged lunatic wearing a sun visor and work gloves with cold little marbles for eyes.  I love that comeback, though - if it's so easy, why does Robyn need 14 people to raise Sol and Ari?

Not to defend the unhinged lunatic, but what I thought he meant was that loving and accepting the other wives' children was the easy part. The hard part was loving the other wives. Particularly when they are giant twats.

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

Christine's right on this one.  Some people you just shouldn't be asked to love or make or accept excuses for them.

Yes.  In addition she is within her rights to leave if she can’t accept the terms Kody wants to impose on her.   Something he doesn’t understand and tries to state as her not being accountable. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 12

Suki needs to be fired. She is a horrible interviewer with these people. She clearly has not watched the show and has no fucking clue what liars Kotex and Sobbyn are. And the way she acts all sympathetic with them - even if she knowingly is getting them to lie on tape - is egregious be cause Kotex is a misogynistic piece of shit and should NOT be allowed to get away with his disgusting comments and treatment of three of the women he has families with. At times Suki appears to be afraid of Kotex's rage, and therefore they need another interviewer, preferably a man. Hell, Tim or Kenny from 90 Day would be better than Suki is.

• Like 1
  • Applause 9
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Suki needs to be fired. She is a horrible interviewer with these people. She clearly has not watched the show and has no fucking clue what liars Kotex and Sobbyn are. And the way she acts all sympathetic with them - even if she knowingly is getting them to lie on tape - is egregious be cause Kotex is a misogynistic piece of shit and should NOT be allowed to get away with his disgusting comments and treatment of three of the women he has families with. At times Suki appears to be afraid of Kotex's rage, and therefore they need another interviewer, preferably a man. Hell, Tim or Kenny from 90 Day would be better than Suki is.

I nominate Mike Wallace.  He'd eviscerate Kody!  

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

I think TLC is happy with his disgusting, misogynist comments. They create strong emotions in the mostly female audience and that means ratings! I agree Suki does not seem all that familiar with the show but I think the producers are getting what they wanted by letting Kody be Kody.

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I want Nicole Wallace! She would do her research and master the subject and she wouldn't take Kody's crap at all.

I want Nancy Grace to do the interview! She would nail Kody and Robyn to the wall!! 

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4

I was just watching an episode when they were talking about getting one big house in Flagstaff. In Sobbyn's TH, she said, "I know what it is to be in a marriage and not want to be in that marriage anymore, but I think we ALL should have the right and freedom to leave, even Kody." Apparently that doesn't apply to Christine!

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2

When have they had a decent interviewer?  Never.

I was thinking about this (why???) and I don't think they really want, or have, an interviewer. They have a host. That person's job is to ask the questions on the cards, which are not designed to be particularly hard-hitting or investigative, but to continue the narrative of the season. Maybe they throw in a couple of surprises to keep the viewers engaged, but not really since they tease and spoil those tidbits when they are promoting the "tell all." 

If TLC wanted and investigative journalist, they would hire one. I have no idea what Suki's claim to fame is outside of hosting these tell-alls but it's hard to imagine she has any credentials as any sort of journalist. Barbara Walters, God rest her soul, would have been a great interviewer for the Browns because she was an investigative journalist with a lot of experience in human interest subjects and reluctant interviewees. She could ask the hard questions but she was good at winning the trust and comfort of the subject so they didn't see it coming. I don't necessarily see her stooping to a TLC tell-all but she would have been perfect.

• Like 15
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1