Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

Hi all, new to the board! I am a DOOL non-commited viewer for years. The show felt like background noise for the most part until a friend's suggestion opened my eyes to the classical Days one day. That was a defining moment when I finally saw why Drake, Stephan, Wally, Judi etc were the epitomes of soap popularity despite many of those actors and the characters were often subject to snarky treatment by users from Television Without Pity board few dacades later... Now when Drake or Stephan is appearing on screen, I have to make a tremendous effort not to turn my head way. This has nothing to do with their againg. It's a sad relizaton - the golden lagecies of this genre are dying out followed by the eventual end of Soap Opera in near future. 

Ok, I will end my little commentary before it was compeletely taken over by pessimistic sentiment lol.

• Like 3
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Maybe they are having EJ be the vicious, cut-throat villain we knew before is the stupid writers' stupid story that clears the way for a Nicole/Eric pairing again?  No one would want their precious Nicole to be stuck with a bad guy. I am not a fan of the Nicole character, so I don't care, but I know that many here love her. I actually prefer her to be with someone who doesn't mind her serious bad judgement issues.

I'm a Nicole fan and much prefer her with a morally grey character like EJ and while I do like EJ/Nicole together even if it wasn't him someone similar to him would be preferable to Eric.

• Like 12
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Yes in December. He asked her to get Ivan to murder Clyde in prison lol. Vivien told him to get lost as she didn't care about Gabi

Did they actually show Viv?

7 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Asking Vivian to do something to benefit Gabi and asking her to do the exact same thing to help Stefan are VERY different asks.  No way would Vivian refuse to help her son simply because Gabi would benefit peripherally.  Clyde should have already been dead.

Except I don't remember Ivan being a murderer.

3 hours ago, Sunrain said:

Hi all, new to the board! I am a DOOL non-commited viewer for years. The show felt like background noise for the most part until a friend's suggestion opened my eyes to the classical Days one day. That was a defining moment when I finally saw why Drake, Stephan, Wally, Judi etc were the epitomes of soap popularity despite many of those actors and the characters were often subject to snarky treatment by users from Television Without Pity board few dacades later... Now when Drake or Stephan is appearing on screen, I have to make a tremendous effort not to turn my head way. This has nothing to do with their againg. It's a sad relizaton - the golden lagecies of this genre are dying out followed by the eventual end of Soap Opera in near future. 

Ok, I will end my little commentary before it was compeletely taken over by pessimistic sentiment lol.

Welcome! This is why we have to enjoy it while it lasts...as much as we can.

Plenty of snark here so feel free to vent if you have to 😄

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I've decided that my one true pairing is that of Konstantin and Paulina. I need them to meet and fall instantly in love. She will puff and huff, he will smirk and then they will run away together never to be seen again, leaving Maggie and Abe to console each other.

• Like 5
  • LOL 9

Ava needs to pay too. I hate her getting off free. Harris needs to not be a dirty cop and out all the truths.  

Xander deserves to be free not on bail free. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

All Harris has has to say is that he remembers who shot him and that person is not Xander. Then again, this could be part of Xander's karma.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
21 minutes ago, A.J. said:

All Harris has has to say is that he remembers who shot him and that person is not Xander. Then again, this could be part of Xander's karma.  

Xander did help frame Stefan for kidnapping and attempted murder 5 years back. It was mostly Kristen's idea but Xander was fine with it. I like him acknowledging his past deeds might forever come back to bite him.

1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Ava needs to pay too. I hate her getting off free. Harris needs to not be a dirty cop and out all the truths.  

Let's face it, if Ava had offered 5 million dollars to any other "thug for hire" to shoot Susan, it would have been done. Xander let her go despite her seeing his face.

I'd like to see Xander team up with Harris to destroy EJ. Xander knows he ordered the hit on Ava in September and also tried to have him killed weeks later 

• Like 7

This Kon story would be so much better if Xander was in Steve's role instead. He would be far more believable as Maggie's protector than Steve would(and I like Steve but still).

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Holly is saying thank god to Tate being in the halfway house? He should not be in there at all. She's the lying person who did drugs on her own and still lying while getting mad at EJ?  

Maggie is so stupid with her Konstantine worship. Theresa calling her clever is a joke. 

• Like 10
3 hours ago, Artsda said:

Holly is saying thank god to Tate being in the halfway house? He should not be in there at all. She's the lying person who did drugs on her own and still lying while getting mad at EJ?  

I'm hoping it turns out that Holly is lying because she's trying to protect the person she got the "ADD meds" from, preferably a bad boy with a heart of gold. They clearly aren't going that way with Tate so someone needs to be the bad boy with the heart of gold.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Do you all think that we're really going to have to sit through a "Welcome Home, Paulina" party, after being subjected to the protracted tongue bath of Paulina love Show has foisted on us this past week??   When will enough be enough?

I'm still scarred by second hand embarrassment from watching Kate slather and blather all over her yesterday, on top of Lexie coming down from heaven to save her. 

Show's not propping this character as much as building a skyscraper to Paulina.

• Applause 5
  • LOL 9
8 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I'm hoping it turns out that Holly is lying because she's trying to protect the person she got the "ADD meds" from, preferably a bad boy with a heart of gold. They clearly aren't going that way with Tate so someone needs to be the bad boy with the heart of gold.

Yea, if there isn't a bad boy with a heart of gold in the teen scene then what are we even doing, ya know? I'd like that twist but I'm afraid it's as straight forward as it seems and Holly is basically just protecting Nicole's feelings or whatever. Which honestly I don't hate as much as everyone else but still it's a little thin.

• Like 4

All I can say about today’s show is: barf, barf, and double barf ..since when is Paulina the be all end all goddess of the show? They give her a miracle? I was really hoping this medical condition was going to be the end of this character. Doing a lot of fast forwarding lately.

• Like 2
  • Applause 7

Today I only watched the Chad and Stefan scenes. I'm unable to tolerate Paulina especially first thing in the morning, and I can't stand the worship of her character who is so abrasive and annoying. Can Abe have his job back now?

Also skipped Harris. I'm over him since he is cool with Xander taking the fall for shooting him, just to protect Ava. 

Somehow I don't think the deal Stefan wants to cut will benefit EJ...

• Like 4
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, if there isn't a bad boy with a heart of gold in the teen scene then what are we even doing, ya know? I'd like that twist but I'm afraid it's as straight forward as it seems and Holly is basically just protecting Nicole's feelings or whatever. Which honestly I don't hate as much as everyone else but still it's a little thin.

Well if it isn't going to be Tate I think Parker could work. I mean he lost his dad, his mother ignores him most of the time and the only stable parents he had split because his grandpa came out of the closet. That's something the show could work with decent writers that is.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3

Oh yea, Parker would be great. I guess without Chloe or even Nancy/Craig there then maybe it wouldn't have quite as much weight but still. 

It could be someone totally new. They just really need a few more teens. And some 20-somethings lol.

• Like 4

Suddenly Stefan wants to apologize for raping Abby and he loves Chad? Stefan hasn't shown any good connection with family but he loves Chad now and wants to hug him! 

He wants to be a better man? Lol 

Jada was right to Harris.  Ava needs to pay for her own crimes and he's just dirty now forcing Stefan to take all the blame, Harris should be fired.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Gawd, this is the second day in a week that I'm drenched in "Paulina is Love" goo and it's practically impossible to get the stain out, much less the stink.  Show doubled down on the mess by having the charmless Leo ruin every scene he got close to.

Greg Rikaart is undoubtedly a fine person but he's a terrible actor.  His "Leo" is pretty much the same as his "Kevin" on Y&R, just turned up a notch or 12.

Any chance Paulina and Leo could get lost at sea sometime soon?

NO SPOILER, but how long before Abigail rises from the dead, because the anvils were falling from the sky today.  While I liked Marci Miller's Abby a LOT more than Kate Mansi's version, Abby wasn't an angel of light, either.

Just imagine all the "pure joy" we'll be subjected to if and when she and Paulina share a scene.

Duck and cover, folks, duck and cover.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 4
10 hours ago, boes said:

NO SPOILER, but how long before Abigail rises from the dead, because the anvils were falling from the sky today.  While I liked Marci Miller's Abby a LOT more than Kate Mansi's version, Abby wasn't an angel of light, either.

I don't know if Marci Miller's coming back, but I felt I the anvils hitting me in head that Abby has bought a ticket on Dr. Rolf's return from the dead train.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3
11 hours ago, boes said:

Gawd, this is the second day in a week that I'm drenched in "Paulina is Love" goo and it's practically impossible to get the stain out, much less the stink.  Show doubled down on the mess by having the charmless Leo ruin every scene he got close to.

Greg Rikaart is undoubtedly a fine person but he's a terrible actor.  His "Leo" is pretty much the same as his "Kevin" on Y&R, just turned up a notch or 12.

Any chance Paulina and Leo could get lost at sea sometime soon?

Just imagine all the "pure joy" we'll be subjected to if and when she and Paulina share a scene.

Duck and cover, folks, duck and cover.

I have always been proud to say I watch every scene so I can judge fully if plots are working, but I am not ashamed to state that I have quit Paulina. The show can't make me watch this crap. Nope.

I enjoyed the cavalier way the Brothers Dimera dismissed Xander as collateral damage today, and I even get Ava not caring, cause she is selfish and all about herself, but what did my boy ever do to Harris? Why can't he just say he didn't know his shooter but it wasn't Xander?

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
11 hours ago, boes said:

They've been mentioning her so much for like months I'm surprised she hasn't showed up yet. I half expected yesterday's episode to end with a shot of her somewhere. Maybe today's will lol.

Harris randomly seeming to not care about literally anything but Ava is kind of hilarious to me honestly.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Further proof he's not right in the head.

Another Maggie and Marlena day!! I knew it made sense for them all to be in a scene together to discuss the revelations but I didn't think it would happen again! I was waiting to see how they'd work around it, even.

I wonder if the ice has melted, or if this is the new writers just not being in the loop.

Decent justifications from Nicole about the weird idea of her hosting the baby shower. I was almost convinced it made perfect sense.

Was it stated Sloan could 100% never carry a baby to term? She's like...15 years younger than Nicole...

Kon forgiving John is, I guess, the mini arc they built into his lead one to fill time. Now he'll look like a Prince to Maggie.

...but how could he have known pestering John would give him this chance to appear magnanimous?

• Like 4
  • Love 2
On 3/20/2024 at 9:44 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I'm hoping it turns out that Holly is lying because she's trying to protect the person she got the "ADD meds" from, preferably a bad boy with a heart of gold.

They have already said that she is lying to protect Nicole, since she is still sad about her lost baby.

• Like 5

Just caught up on the last two days of this show.  So when is Salem going to erect a statue to the great, wonderful, absolutely adored by all Paulina?  I don't think I would dislike her character so much if it wasn't shoved down our throat how wonderful she is at every single turn.  She's not wonderful.  She's actually quite awful and no amount of glorifying her is going to change that.  

I REALLY do NOT NOT NOT want Abigail back.  At this point, I can't think of ANY character compelling enough to bring back from the dead but if forced to make a list, Abigail would by far, far down on it.  What does she actually bring to the show?  Seriously, I really can't think of anything.

I actually don't mind Stephan when he's fighting back against EJ and being a bit of an asshole.  It's sort of fun when it's two despicable people against each other.  Since it's not good versus evil it really was like watching their chess game.

Man, Marlena is REALLY acting stupid today.  If John is so convinced he needs to go confess, why hasn't anyone pointed out the fact that unless he can come up with concrete details about the event he will just be treated as one of the many whack jobs who routinely wander into police stations and confess to crimes they couldn't possibly have committed?  Why hasn't Marlena offered to hypnotize him so he knows what he's confessing to?  That way, we could all find out he didn't do it and be done with this stupid story once and for all.

And I know it was a Friday cliff-hanger, but doesn't ANYONE think it was a little too convenient for Konstantin to suddenly offer forgiveness?

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

I personally don't care for Abby either but Chad doesn't have many options in the romance department. I would be fine with him just being a single dad until they find the right woman but who knows how long Days will last before that happens.

I do know after Stephanie I appreciated Chabby a bit more in comparison.

• Like 6

What if they bring back Marci Miller, but NOT as Abby? Because that would be something unique and has never been done before - especially by this show! Chad would be obsessed and think she was Abby, but she wouldn't be. They could have a whole team of people who came back as other people - Adrienne/Bonnie, Ben/Alex, Gwen/Theresa and I am sure I am forgetting some. It's a stupid idea that has never really worked, but that won't stop them from trying.

• LOL 8
41 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

What if they bring back Marci Miller, but NOT as Abby? Because that would be something unique and has never been done before - especially by this show! Chad would be obsessed and think she was Abby, but she wouldn't be. They could have a whole team of people who came back as other people - Adrienne/Bonnie, Ben/Alex, Gwen/Theresa and I am sure I am forgetting some. It's a stupid idea that has never really worked, but that won't stop them from trying.

Hi, @Retired at last, regarding the bolded, do you mean Days has never had the same actor/actress playing two different characters?  Actually, the actor currently playing Roman played a character named Chris many, many decades ago AND the actor who occasionally plays Rex used to play Brady AND the actress playing Ava used to portray Nicole’s sister (I can’t remember the sister’s name). 
Am I forgetting any other examples, long time Days watchers? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, norcalgal said:

do you mean Days has never had the same actor/actress playing two different characters?

Sorry @norcalgal, I was being sarcastic, since Days DOES do this and often, given the examples I gave and yours.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 4

Ironically they don't really tend to do the "look alike" scenario as much. Andrea Evans originally portrayed Hattie, until Deidre took over the role later in the show. Bonnie originally wasn't a "look alike" to Adrienne". The rest are just the same actor portraying different roles. 

I actually wouldn't mind Marcy coming back as a different character and her being a "look alike" to Abby as a character point.

The last successful example was Kristian Alphonso playing Gina. Initially there was a general ambiguity of whether she was Gina or Hope. 

• Like 5

For the first time today, I FF'd through all the Kristin/Brady/Teresa/Alex drivel. Isn't Kristin about twice Alexe's age, or has Kristin's age been frozen somehow. I'm done with her constantly playing Brady and his taking the bait. Every. Single. Time. I just wish they would kill one or the other off and make it stick, already. I thought we were done with women who were supposedly strong, but so infatuated with a man that they are stupid. Getting ready to forward through Kon the con, as well. Just want him and the pawn story to be done, also forever. Absolutely no one believes John killed her. It would not surprise me if Kon was the one who pulled the trigger.

• Like 1
  • Applause 8

Hilarious episode. I love Kristen and Alex together. Pure comedy. And Alex's 'Nobody's perfect,' had me rolling.

I also enjoyed Brady today. EM cracks me up with his choices sometimes.

I fast forwarded all the Sarah/Xander scenes. I do not care lol.

I ended up fast forwarding about half of the John/Konstantin stuff. Like where is this story even going?

• Like 3
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Hilarious episode. I love Kristen and Alex together. Pure comedy. And Alex's 'Nobody's perfect,' had me rolling.

I also enjoyed Brady today. EM cracks me up with his choices sometimes.

I ended up fast forwarding about half of the John/Konstantin stuff. Like where is this story even going?

We are sooo different. I loved Xander refusing to give Konstantin a chance.

I also enjoyed Kristen and Alex. His best pairing to date. Hope she switches her obsessive stalking to him. He's technically older than Brady

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

The writers made a colossal mistake to de-romanize the pawn, the show, the viewers and actor involved have all been paying the price ever since. Not a single trick those in charage pulled could have remedy it unless they found the ultimate solution to put an end to the long and torturous reinterpretation of 1000 tales about the pawn once and for all - let John be Romain his true self again (PERMANTELY).

Never saw Kristen and Alex coming, but I did once believe she and Ben could make one helluva of criminal duo, the present-day Clyde and Bonnie to keep the good citizens of Salem busy. 

Edited by Sunrain
forgot to add two cents on Kristen and Alex
  • Like 2
  • Useful 4
7 hours ago, salvame said:

Getting ready to forward through Kon the con, as well. Just want him and the pawn story to be done, also forever. Absolutely no one believes John killed her. It would not surprise me if Kon was the one who pulled the trigger.

Yes, there was something REALLY suspicious about Konstantin being adamant that John should not go to Greece.  Is he afraid of what John could discover?  I'm starting to think he and Steve go and really do discover that Konstantin is responsible for his own daughter's death.  At least Maggie is showing some semblance of a brain and questioning Konstantin.

• Like 7

How is there any evidence of this left to find? She died like....40 years ago!

Is there still a chalk outline on some road in Greece?

And is anyone else wondering if Kon's restaurant closed in his absence? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

How is there any evidence of this left to find? She died like....40 years ago!

Is there still a chalk outline on some road in Greece?

And is anyone else wondering if Kon's restaurant closed in his absence? 

It will be something incredibly stupid like some small Greek child was looking through the window and saw everything but was too terrified to come forward.  He/She will meet John and be so overwhelmed by his innate goodness that they will be COMPELLED to come forward and tell the truth about what they saw that day. Either that or Konstantin killed some random woman and he set John up for killing her while only pretending she was his daughter.  (See, I should be a Days writer - I can throw crap on the wall and see if it sticks too!)

And of course Konstantin's restaurant has closed.  He was paying a whole troupe of dancers to sit around and dance for a grand total of 2 people who then proceeded to break all his plates.  Unless he was charging 500% mark-up on the equivalent of Greek Walmart plates he couldn't afford the loss.

DH should really stick to friendship or lighthearted family scenes.  His tortured angst is wearing VERY thin,

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

I love Drake now, but in 2012 when he was "nobly" butting heads with Marlena and flirting with Kristen and then getting divorced, he was just insufferable.

IIRC, they finally turned him around after an eternity of angst when he brought Doc to the restaurant Belle was using as a law office and had him woo her with a blank book to write their new memories in.

He was a constipated ass for what felt like 2 years. Not saying he wasn't entitled, after his ex banged his son and all, but still.

Him going with his natural silver hair also helped. John's been pretty lovable lately. I'll forgive him three weeks of angst.

• Like 10
(edited)
15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I love Drake now, but in 2012 when he was "nobly" butting heads with Marlena and flirting with Kristen and then getting divorced, he was just insufferable.

IIRC, they finally turned him around after an eternity of angst when he brought Doc to the restaurant Belle was using as a law office and had him woo her with a blank book to write their new memories in.

He was a constipated ass for what felt like 2 years. Not saying he wasn't entitled, after his ex banged his son and all, but still.

Him going with his natural silver hair also helped. John's been pretty lovable lately. I'll forgive him three weeks of angst.

A character who isn’t insufferable at present-days seems to be rare find. My attitude towards John used to be similarly indifferent due to eternally stagnant character development and the rinse-and-repeat writing revolved around Marlena and him until my discovery of Drake’s Roman (I also came to appreciate Wayne’s Roman and his romance with Marlena via clips). His awesomeness had been stressed by viewers from time to time. There were also wonderful morally grey characters like Nick (originally written as a villian forced teenage girls into prostitution!) and Eve (played by Charlotte Ross). It was a time when captivating characters and nuanced storyline were common. Maybe someday Harry Porter wave his magic wand, the show will regrab its audiences' attention.

Edited by Sunrain
Editing.
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

Well. This was bad. I don't feel like we needed Wendy and Tripp to separately recap their ordeal. They are still boring. And Brady's pair of matching blonde women scheming are a choice. I must say that compared to Kristen Theresa suddenly looks like a catch.

I skipped Paulina completely.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Well. This was bad. I don't feel like we needed Wendy and Tripp to separately recap their ordeal. They are still boring.

That was insane! I mean, I fast forwarded all of it but still lol. Like just crazy to devote that much time to them recapping what was already shown. Why are they eating up so much airtime? I feel like I've never seen anyone that's a fan of them. I don't follow any other Days boards or anything though so who knows. Maybe they're super popular on Twitter like Cin were.

I love the Kristen/Brady/Alex/Theresa stuff. It's just fun. Alex/Kristen and Brady/Theresa are the better ships imo but I'm afraid they're gonna go back to Kristen/Brady and Alex/Theresa.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 3/14/2024 at 6:01 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Where Abe and this show lose me is that he glosses over whatever Paulina has done though and never gave Lexie that same level of grace IMO.

Since when?  He held her accountable for the Price Town debacle and lying about Lani's paternity and maternity.  They were apart for months after each one came out.  And even then, to be fair, both were pretty small potatoes compared to Lexie's transgressions.  Probably easier to forgive her for those.

I was between jobs and in the middle of a move during January and February, so I'm binging like crazy on Peacock to catch up, but I have to ask.  I'm on Tripp and Wendy being kidnapped and have to know if Officer Goldman was ever found out and caught yet.  Just the smugness with which she addressed them was enough for me to hope that she's been caught.  Or at least exposed as dirty if she hasn't been.

On 3/20/2024 at 6:26 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

This Kon story would be so much better if Xander was in Steve's role instead. He would be far more believable as Maggie's protector than Steve would(and I like Steve but still).

Let's have the man who drove Maggie off the wagon after thirty-plus years of sobriety and broke her daughter's heart multiple times be her protector.  Right.  Great story.

UO, it must be, but I just don't buy Maggie and Xander's bond at all.  It felt like a contrived way to force a redemption for Xander that he really shouldn't have gotten in the first place.

• Like 2
(edited)
On 3/26/2024 at 1:53 AM, DisneyBoy said:

I just love that he's not doing the face-eating thing that he used to do in his kisses.  He's definitely worked on that, so kudos to him.

On 3/25/2024 at 5:29 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Sounds like you, @FilmTVGeek80, and I are the only three who don't like them one bit, @peachmangosteen.  I like them individually, but together . . . they kill my soul.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 2

Tuesday's show was virtually unwatchable for me.  We had more extended scenes of Abe and Paulina huffing and puffing smoke up each other's behinds, the odious Gwen/Theresa combo blathering to twin lunkheads, BenAlex and Brady, superannuated slinky toy Kristen using her phone sex voice with both BenAlex and Brady and Tripp and Wendy apparently doing a "how to" video on sucking all the air out of a room.

And Tripp and Wendy were the most watchable scenes of the day.

It could only have gotten sadder if we'd also had to sit through more scenes of Konstantine expounding about "my Katarina" in his unidentifable clown accent.

Show better not be paying these writers in anything other than circus peanuts.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1