Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, sas616 said:

When Marlena asked Everet/Bobby about his father, I started to wonder if maybe his father is Clyde.   Farfetched, I suppose, but it's Day's after all.

I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to speak it into existence.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 7
(edited)
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I still don't see how Tate could be charged with anything regarding Holly's overdose, since there was apparently zero evidence to suggest he gave her the drugs. He's gotten the weirdest sentence considering no crime was committed.

He apparently confessed. I don't remember it lol but but I remember a line at one point about him confessing. I think he did it because Brady had confessed to protect Tate so then Tate confessed to protect Brady. Also, Tate had the drugs on him when the cops found him/Holly. Still, it's all very dumb.

10 hours ago, sas616 said:

When Marlena asked Everet/Bobby about his father, I started to wonder if maybe his father is Clyde.   Farfetched, I suppose, but it's Day's after all.

UGH!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 4

I didn't realize we had a NuSloan today until her second scene. In the first scene in their apartment, I just thought the actress dyed her hair a more flattering color. The two actresses sound and look very similar.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I had no idea there was gonna be a new Sloane. Is JS out or is this a temporary thing? I really liked JS in the role but this new woman was actually quite good.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 8
31 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I had no idea there was gonna be a new Sloane. Is JS out or is this a temporary thing? I really liked JS in the role but this new woman was actually quite good.

Same here, I was surprised at the beginning of the show, the screen showed that a new actress was playing the role of Sloane...I wonder for how long?  The new actress looked so much like Jessica(Sloane) and I also thot she did a good job filling in.  And Leo was making me laugh as he baby-sat baby Jude :)

• Like 9
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

3 episodes only. I think Jessica was out getting her appendix out

• Like 2
  • Useful 6

What planet is Eric on that he agreed to have the reception at the Dimera mansion, at EJs house?  Plus that Sloan would want Nicole of all people to give her the reception. 

Eric is a moron. 

Ava running orders and John apologizing her? She's the one who was helping Clyde push drugs. Send her to jail. 

Tates in jail but all the people doing crimes running free.  

I hope Tate gets to read Holly for the filth of her drug talking and lies have done to him. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

I assumed that the reason John jumped on the break Clyde out bandwagon so quickly was because he had a plan to double cross him that he was going to fill in Steve later.  BUT, how stupid were these two to let Ava in on the plan.  You KNOW she's going to do something stupid to screw it up and let Clyde go free.  Granted, we ALL know that Tripp and Wendy aren't really going to die in the vat but, come on show, let's not have ANOTHER stupid person doing something stupid to "protect" someone.

When Tate asked if Holly even knew where he was he brought up an interesting point.  Holly hasn't even ASKED about him at all.  Considering he was her date, shouldn't she at least be a LITTLE concerned about how he was handling it?

• Like 8
(edited)
5 hours ago, Artsda said:

What planet is Eric on that he agreed to have the reception at the Dimera mansion, at EJs house?  Plus that Sloan would want Nicole of all people to give her the reception. 

Eric is a moron. 

Isn't he just?  Show tries to pass him off as being such a GOOD person but all he seems to be is dumber than a rock.  Yeah, he fills out a pair of jeans just fine but it must be getting hard for him to breathe with his head continually stuck up his ass.

And Show can miss with all this after-the-fact b.s. about how much he cares about Holly and she cares about him.  We've been watching since he took off to buy a pack of cigarettes and ended up in Africa as White Savior two days after his wedding to Nicole and didn't come home until an entire continent demanded he be deported.  

He's like Marlena's monstrously spoiled giant elder baby at this point.  I'll take Sami ANY day over him.

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
34 minutes ago, boes said:

And Show can miss with all this after-the-fact b.s. about how much he cares about Holly and she cares about him.  We've been watching since he took off to buy a pack of cigarettes in Africa two days after his wedding to Nicole and didn't come home until an entire continent demanded he be deported.  

He was married to Nicole. I wouldn't blame him for putting an ocean between him and her by heading off to another continent. As bad as Eric is, Nicole will always be the WORST to me.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, nilyank said:

He was married to Nicole. I wouldn't blame him for putting an ocean between him and her by heading off to another continent. As bad as Eric is, Nicole will always be the WORST to me.

I don't disagree, though I'm not as adamant about the difference between the two.  I will say that Show presents Eric as this walking holy water fountain ALL THE TIME while doing the same bullshit with Nicole only intermittently.

I guess what I'd really like would be if Show would stop showing us how terrible they both can be while simultaneously telling us to root for them as the most loving couple ever.

Pick a lane, show, hopefully a pass lane in an 8 lane highway.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, boes said:

We've been watching since he took off to buy a pack of cigarettes and ended up in Africa as White Savior two days after his wedding to Nicole and didn't come home until an entire continent demanded he be deported.  

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Can you imagine! ROTFL "Just go, White Man! You are too dumb!"

1 hour ago, boes said:

I will say that Show presents Eric as this walking holy water fountain ALL THE TIME while doing the same bullshit with Nicole only intermittently.

Oh my god...call me an ambulance...!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• LOL 6

Welp, one good thing about the Wendy and Tripp’s storyline is it saves me time with all the fast forwarding. 

So. Very. Boring. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Welp, one good thing about the Wendy and Tripp’s storyline is it saves me time with all the fast forwarding. 

So. Very. Boring. 

Yep, between zapping all that and Paulina expiring loudly, the show was about five minutes long today

Glad Clyde has replaced Jordan with a younger daughter/girlfriend substitute. At least he is consistently revolting

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 10
(edited)

I got to admit and agree. Today's show was awful. I can no longer take Paulina's overacting. And Tripp and Wendy as a couple are just not it. They are not engaging no matter what situation you put them in.  

Lastly, that Clyde revelation @ the end was so gross and stomach turning. Yuck to the 8th power. 🤢 🤢🤮🤮

Edited by A.J.
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2

Gosh: Today's show was So Dreary & depressing!  Everyone crying...Abe, Chanel & Lani boo=hooing over Paulina(and who was the 'ghost" who came into the hospital room?).  Then Tripp & Wendy crying & using up all the Oxygen in the tank by saying 'wedding vows".  The only interesting part was the end when Ava double crossed Steve & John & then Clyde was 'getting it on" with Officer Goldman who was enjoying taunting Ava.   Argg...I couldnt take it!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
10 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

(and who was the 'ghost" who came into the hospital room?)

Oh geez, are they carting out Lexie's spirit to beg Paulina to stay alive to torture Abe?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 6
1 minute ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oh geez, are they carting out Lexie's spirit to beg Paulina to stay alive to torture Abe?

Oh good grief: I hope not!  It was very strange, as Paulina seemed to be drifting off to 'heaven"(bright white light), and then Abe looks up, shocked, and there seemed to be a person standing at the foot of the bed.

• Like 4
(edited)
56 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Oh good grief: I hope not!  It was very strange, as Paulina seemed to be drifting off to 'heaven"(bright white light), and then Abe looks up, shocked, and there seemed to be a person standing at the foot of the bed.

If only Show would lean in to this nonsense and have Abe look up at the person standing at the end of the bed and shout out, 

"Pizza's here!"

Edited by boes
  • LOL 12

I'm revolted at Abe saying his years with Paulina were his happiest.  He has been on the show for 4 decades and that is not what I've seen on screen.  total revision.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
4 minutes ago, oceanblue said:

I'm revolted at Abe saying his years with Paulina were his happiest.  He has been on the show for 4 decades and that is not what I've seen on screen.  total revision.  

He only remembers the last ten months or so and he's been dominated by Paulina for his entire existence 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
8 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

The only interesting part was the end when Ava double crossed Steve & John & then Clyde was 'getting it on" with Officer Goldman who was enjoying taunting Ava. 

Word. I generally have liked the drug storyline for the most part. It's been awhile since it felt like this show had an umbrella storyline.

And yeah, I kind of just went "Eww!" at Goldman and Clyde but at least dude is consistently revolting. LOL

I'm betting this is leading to having Ben showing up.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

See, I KNEW Ava was going to screw this up.  And yes, show is STILL trying to convince us that John and Steve are geriatric action heroes.

7 hours ago, boes said:

If only Show would lean in to this nonsense and have Abe look up at the person standing at the end of the bed and shout out, 

"Pizza's here!"

Oh, PLEASE let us have this.

Unfortunately, it's probably going to be some doctor telling them that a heart is on the way (or there's some revolutionary "miracle procedure") and we're going to be subjected to endless scenes of people tearfully telling Paulina to hang on a fight because the can't let her go.

Wendy and Tripp were so boring, all I could do was be distracted by the fact that no person on the planet sleeps sitting up on something with no back support.  Even sitting on the floor leaning on the wall would be better.  Yup, I was really moved by them today.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

Are we supposed to just forget that Leo is letting a woman think her newborn baby died so he can buy himself fugly clothes? He's not cute and the babysitting scenes were gross 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
On 3/6/2024 at 10:49 PM, sas616 said:

I had always assumed Bobby was Clyde's partner on the outside, now I am also assuming he's Clyde's son. I also think he physically set the fire.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
(edited)

She'll get on her knees, crawl under the hospital bed and proceed to noisily kiss Paulina's ass through the mattress, as only a ghost can.

...after she's given a 5 minute speech about how Paulina has made Abe happier than anyone, herself included, and how the fate of the entire human race hinges on her hoisting her ass up outta bed to wear spanx and holler just one more day.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 12

I know Renee Jones is filthy rich and no longer has to work, but it would be amazing to see her back on the show in any capacity. Would love to see her during the 60th celebration.  

• Like 4

Omg let the light take Paulina away.  Take her Lexie.  Although she'll leave her to not be stuck with her.  

Shouldn't Paulina have brain damage after all that flat lining. Instead she just instantly wakes up calling his name? 

Now Jada realizes the cop sore arm was shot by Kate?  Seriously they knew she was hurt and believed her knowing they had a dirty cop?  The one cop who was common denominator of everything.  Jada and Rafe are beyond dumb. 

Not seeing at all what Tate sees in druggie Holly.  Who is letting him suffer over her drugs and lies. 

Ava is a another idiot.  She's shocked Clive lied to her? Tripp needs to be done with anything to do with her. She should be locked up for all this.  

Wendy wastes a lot of air.  Stop talking. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

Omg let the light take Paulina away.  Take her Lexie.  Although she'll leave her to not be stuck with her.  

Yeah, awful as that was I can't blame Lexie there - I wouldn't have taken her either.

Not seeing at all what Tate sees in druggie Holly.  Who is letting him suffer over her drugs and lies. 

At least he was rightfully pissed at her.  Of course, now he'll probably do something stupid and lie for her.

Ava is a another idiot.  She's shocked Clive lied to her?

No, I'm shocked as well.  Who would EVER suspect a great guy like Clyde would lie.  REALLY out of character for him.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
5 hours ago, BoredAtHome said:

Lexie if you ever loved any of us, you will not bring Paulina back!

Yep. No way, no way in hell that was Lexie.  No WAY Lexie would come down to Salem and tell Abe to stay with Paulina.  Now if Lexie had appeared and slapped him upside his head and told him pull the plug ASAP, that'd I'd believe.  

Lexie as backup singer to Paulina??  Not a chance in hell.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
On 3/10/2024 at 8:22 PM, DisneyBoy said:

She'll get on her knees, crawl under the hospital bed and proceed to noisily kiss Paulina's ass through the mattress, as only a ghost can.

...after she's given a 5 minute speech about how Paulina has made Abe happier than anyone, herself included, and how the fate of the entire human race hinges on her hoisting her ass up outta bed to wear spanx and holler just one more day.

I couldnt bear to watch today's episode.

How much of my prediction came true ^ ??

(Poor Lexie's ghost)

• Applause 3

I can’t stand Holly. That is all.

i don’t even know why I keep watching between Tripp/Wendy, Paulina, Konstantine, Holly. Wtf is even left?

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Wow, Wendy and Tripp recovered fast eh? Now can they take a long break off screen please?

What on earth is Harris' motivation to keep Xander in jail now he knows Clyde is free? I didn't really understand before how he thought Idiot Stefan was going to be an asset. He did look mega guilty when Sarah put the screws into him about her baby missing her father.

EJ is being set up for a massive fall, isn't he? I hate that Nicole is just going along with his bullying. This is not the Nicole I know. Between his vendetta against Tate, and not turning in Stefan for shooting a cop, he really needs to lose the DA job. Fortunately he now has Dimera to fall back on.

Way to ask how SARAH is coping Brady. I know it is all about Tate for you but Chad's house burned down and his kids could have died and he still asked how Sarah was doing with Xander in jail. And Xander isn't even Chad's cousinuncle.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
On 3/10/2024 at 9:42 PM, JBC344 said:

I know Renee Jones is filthy rich and no longer has to work, but it would be amazing to see her back on the show in any capacity. Would love to see her during the 60th celebration.  

It would be awesome to see her again. At least the ghost sounded like Lexie which was a nice touch. 

• Like 3

EJ has no problem calling cops on innocent Tate, knowing Holly took weed.  Yet Stefan the cop killing drug seller who put the drugs on the street he defends and covers for? 

Holly stands there as EJ attacks him, as he calls the cops, as he lets in the cops then still at the end when he's taken to jail. Tate never should speak to her again. 

These people are without vitals forever on this show and wake up like nothing. 

Tripp should be telling his mother to get away from him. 

Where's Kayla in this at all? Where's even Stephanie? 

So Harris is lying about Xander to keep Stefan's secret because? There goes him being a good cop. 

Holly calls Sarah.."Dr.Horton" is that not her aunt?

• Like 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Tripp should be telling his mother to get away from him

Tripp should have been saying that the minute she came back from the dead.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, A.J. said:

It would be awesome to see her again. At least the ghost sounded like Lexie which was a nice touch. 

I wonder if they used archival sound to create the speech. 

• Useful 2

What's all this 'breaking and entering'?  Holly opened the window for Tate to come in. EJ's good, by the end of the show even Tate was referencing breaking in.   🙄

'

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
On 3/6/2024 at 10:34 AM, brisbydog said:

I don't know anybody who is watching Wendy and Tripp except poor people who have been assigned that day to recap. The internet consensus on all boards is that they are dull and need to be skipped

I feel like they really missed a trick by taking Wendy off the road to Johnny and sending her toward Tripp instead when he might've sparked better with Chanel.  Johnny would be fine with either woman, because Carson has chemistry in spades with both Raven and Victoria.  But Tripp needs the right woman to have an interesting romance, because Lucas, while skilled at acting, is one of those actors who can't generate chemistry as easily.  He had some with Gabrielle Haugh (the second Jade), a lot with Olivia Rose Keegan (the first Claire), and at least a little with Lindsay Arnold (Allie), but I felt none with Victoria Konefal (Ciara) or Thia Mejia (Haley, yet she had it with J.J. in spades), and I feel like it comes and goes with Victoria Grace (Wendy), while he has chemistry to spare with Raven Bowens (Chanel).

• Like 4
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Artsda said:

Holly calls Sarah.."Dr.Horton" is that not her aunt?

Holly didn't exactly grow up with Sarah spending time with her.  Though maybe it was a script writer's mistake.

• Like 3