Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 1/11/2024 at 12:34 PM, DanaMB said:

... with Paulina yacking away, now we have to deal with her hacking away. 

I know we were supposed to feel sympathy for her at that time but she annoyed me to no end. 

On 1/8/2024 at 1:51 PM, DisneyBoy said:

This "Wendy Is Moving!" fakeout doesn't make me more invested in their tepid romance.

I was so disappointed to see her walk back through that door. Wendy & Tripp are dull city. I felt more chemistry between Wendy and Melinda. That's a storyline I'd be invested in. 

Edited by A.J.
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
12 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I thought Friday's show was well done, and like tribeca(above) said, I was teary-eyed at the end when Eric said the "Our Father" with Nicole & EJ.  These are the shows I enjoy...Family moments, families dealing with real life events(drug overdose) as opposed to the "Devil" storyline.  I thought Brady & Theresa had a great conversation about their failures as parents(I was chuckling at Theresa inhaling the dark chocolate, I have done that), and then Ej & Nicole had an adult conversation about Holly's situation & maybe they did Not know what was going on with her.  Families fight & have sad/intense moments & its easier to relate to some of these family storylines as opposed to others.  (And I did get a chuckle out of Thomas & Chad making Alex the "monkey" in their football game :) )

Yes this is how Days should be written unfortunately Ron will return because the strike is over and it will revert back to form. 

• Like 7

I still think it's a little patronizing to acknowledge the issue of prejudice only one day a year.  A good writing team would show these subtle microaggressions throughout the year rather than have actors tell us about them happening off screen.  

• Like 9
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, A.J. said:

I was so disappointed to see her walk back through that door. Wendy & Tripp are dull city. I felt more chemistry between Wendy and Melinda. That's a storyline I'd be invested in. 

Remember how messed-up and intriguing the JJ/Eve romance was? It may have been a major bummer in the end (with the show unable to do much more than moralize and take the easy stance) but there was something compelling there at the beginning.

Wendy and Tripp have been nothing since Day One. At least I don't find them as horrible as Tripp and Haley or Tripp and Allie. So...slight improvement?

8 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I ended up turning off today’s episode. I feel kind of guilty. 

Meh. Do what you gotta do. We're pretty darn loyal overall, I'd say, considering what they regularly do on this series.

2 hours ago, Phebemarie said:

I still think it's a little patronizing to acknowledge the issue of prejudice only one day a year.

They have a pretty lousy track record of dealing with prejudice. Remember when Officer JJ shot Theo, who was wearing a hoodie? All around the time of the BLM movement?

Yikes, that was a lame attempt to be current. JJ and Theo had no beef with one another and JJ wasn't racist so...it kinda avoided the whole point.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Leo missed Xander from the group hug (of course he did). Chad told him Xander is working from home. Leo noted he has to be there as Sarah and Victoria are moving in. I was glad to hear Xander is still involved in the day to day paper stuff. And amused Leo knows his business. This is the kind of detail I like, so even if a character is off screen it is explained

As for the PSA. I skipped Paulina, enjoyed Jada and Chanel

• Like 7
3 hours ago, Phebemarie said:

I still think it's a little patronizing to acknowledge the issue of prejudice only one day a year.  A good writing team would show these subtle microaggressions throughout the year rather than have actors tell us about them happening off screen.  

That's one of my issues and why I stopped watching the episode. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Everett's "illness" in the park, multiple personalities? 

I give them some credit for honoring MLK day. Which is more than I think the other soaps did.  

Group hug with Leo, Chad and Everett was interesting. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Was wondering what Johnnys job was.   Seems like he may be rethinking the movie director thing.  He says he idolized Rafe growing up and Rafe says he is a natural story teller.  Wondering will he work with uncle Chad ?   Will he investigate the drug story ?   What direction will he take. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, Phebemarie said:

This is the second time the show has brought up that you should never touch a Black woman's hair and then shifted away from the question when another character specifically asked why.  I'm beginning to think none of the writers actually know.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Paulina was able to give her talk without one cough. How convenient. But today we will probably find out she has cancer.  I hope she goes to Italy for treatment also & decides to stay there.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Poor Sloan. Mortifying. But the great shrink immediately went to alcoholic instead of interpreting Sloan's ramblings to be all about wanting to impress her

Eric is so bearable with Sloan. Dnw Ericole version 1000

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Clyde in jail knows about a raid and handles of from there? This ridiculous he should have been killed off.  

Sloan has a few glasses of wine because she's scared and nervous and they think she's suddenly an alcoholic. Lol 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Sloan: I'd love new mom tips and you would be so great as you had twins right off the bat!

Marlena: Actually my first child died of SIDS

WTF. Was that necessary? I know we know Sloan has done bad stuff but why is Marlena so awful to her?

• Like 4
  • Applause 4

Sloan sure gets drunk fast. 
marlena could have laughed at at least one dumb joke.  She live with John and he seems like he would tell lots of corny jokes.

the raid 

was that a set up by Harris ?

I really like the cop extras.  They were good at mean mugging the camera.  Especially the one short female cop.  

• Like 8

I'm recovering from the Flu, so trying to catch up...Sloan, as a silly drunk, was making me laugh :)  The actress who portrays Sloan is very good at different variations of her character: Mean Villianess, schemer, Lawyer, and now a comedic side.  Marlena could have least pretended to be amused but she has no sense of humor, as Sloan said.  And why did Marlena sit down to eat at the table with her purse still slung over her shoulder?  I also liked the family moments with Tate at the police station...at least they acknowledged Marlena & John as his Grandparents.  And Emily O"Brien has done a good job of portraying an over-wrought Mother...I like that Theresa better than the scheming Theresa & I actually liked the Theresa & Brady scenes.  Give me more family inter-actions and I will be happy.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

I am a Xander/Sarah fan so I was enjoying the sappy, sweet scenes with them today as they get used to be together again.  I loved her Xander box & his Kilt trunk.  And I liked them trying out the Loving cup.  And I really enjoyed the Family Dinner at Steve&Kayla's house!  Steve grilling Everett was a Hoot!  Steve is already picking up strange vibes from this guy.  

• Like 6
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Sloan: I'd love new mom tips and you would be so great as you had twins right off the bat!

WTF. Was that necessary? I know we know Sloan has done bad stuff but why is Marlena so awful to her?

How was that being awful to her? It might not have been entirely necessary, but Sloan was factually incorrect, and Marlena corrected her. It's not like she said, "You're wrong, bitch. Screw you for bringing up such a painful topic." She corrected Sloan, and when Sloan was apologetic about it, she didn't give her a hard time. If Sloan could handle her liquor better (and her guilty conscience), she wouldn't have had such a meltdown over it. If Marlena were really awful to her, she wouldn't have sat around as Sloan vacillated between lobbing passive-aggressive and just downright hostile comments at her.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

How was that being awful to her? It might not have been entirely necessary, but Sloan was factually incorrect, and Marlena corrected her. It's not like she said, "You're wrong, bitch. Screw you for bringing up such a painful topic." She corrected Sloan, and when Sloan was apologetic about it, she didn't give her a hard time. If Sloan could handle her liquor better (and her guilty conscience), she wouldn't have had such a meltdown over it. If Marlena were really awful to her, she wouldn't have sat around as Sloan vacillated between lobbing passive-aggressive and just downright hostile comments at her.

She could have just been gracious and given Sloan new mom tips to calm her down. I'm not a shrink but anybody could tell that Sloan was nervous. And bringing up a dead baby that Sloan didn't know about was just not needed.

2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I am a Xander/Sarah fan so I was enjoying the sappy, sweet scenes with them today as they get used to be together again.  I loved her Xander box & his Kilt trunk.  And I liked them trying out the Loving cup.  And I really enjoyed the Family Dinner at Steve&Kayla's house!  Steve grilling Everett was a Hoot!  Steve is already picking up strange vibes from this guy.  

I feel like the replacement writers are letting the actors have real conversations now. Xander feels like an actual person. I liked him getting grumpy about the gnomes invading his house. I really like a Xander who is not begging Sarah for approval. They seem like equals at last.

Steve cracks me up. I feel for any man Stephanie dates. He was like this when Adrienne first started seeing Justin too

• Like 2
  • Love 5
On 1/16/2024 at 6:00 PM, Artsda said:

Clyde in jail knows about a raid and handles of from there? This ridiculous he should have been killed off.  

Sloan has a few glasses of wine because she's scared and nervous and they think she's suddenly an alcoholic. Lol 

I was screaming at the TV!!! What made me holler was Marlena and John were questioning the alcoholism and giving sympathy to Eric. Eric, the actual alcoholic in the relationship, the one who killed someone over it. 

On 1/16/2024 at 6:18 PM, brisbydog said:

Exactly, of all times to bring DJ up. Obviously Sloan didn't know about it. Marlena could of easily let the comment pass and gave Sloan some encouraging words. She also could of played along with Sloan to help ease the tension. For a world renowned shrink she was being completely oblivious.  

I don't know why her and John are always seething with disgust around her. We know what she has done, but they don't.  They are always incredibly cold to her. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
(edited)

Was Eric an alcoholic? He turned to booze for a period, yes, but he never struck me as having the disease, as they call it.

They've gone back to Jennifer being an addict several times now, but honestly neither of their stories felt like anything other than a plot being superimposed onto them.

Brady has been struggling consistently for so long that with him I believe it. But not Eric, sorry.

YMMV.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Was Eric an alcoholic? He turned to booze for a period, yes, but he never struck me as having the disease, as they call it.

They've gone back to Jennifer bring an addict several times now, but honestly neither of their stories felt like anything other than a plot being superimposed onto them.

Brady has been struggling consistently for so long that with him I believe it. But not Eric, sorry.

YMMV.

I agree with you Brady and Lucas are the only ones that consistently struggle and it's very believable. 

Eric/Jennifer's were plot points for both.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Sooo...-swe have a Valentine Day wedding to look forward to...Johnny's proposal was sweet but cheesy,  I think the actress who portrays Chanel is So Cute!   I guess Tate & Holly will be -off-screen for awhile...thats disappointing, I was rather getting into their storyline.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Well they just ruined Theresa more. All the growth and change JL did with her character just for their pet with a wig take over and take the character years back. 

• Like 7
57 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Sooo...-swe have a Valentine Day wedding to look forward to...Johnny's proposal was sweet but cheesy,  I think the actress who portrays Chanel is So Cute!   I guess Tate & Holly will be -off-screen for awhile...thats disappointing, I was rather getting into their storyline.

I wonder how they are going to explain both Sami and Sydney not attending.

• Like 5
11 hours ago, Artsda said:

Well they just ruined Theresa more. All the growth and change JL did with her character just for their pet with a wig take over and take the character years back. 

I had to skip her "high" scenes. Really bad. 

I still don't get why she justified the will swap by saying Xander blew up her wedding to Brady. Didn't he rescue her from El Fideo and they were square?

The sequence was:

Theresa falsely accuses Xander of rape and he goes to prison

Xander breaks out, terrorizes her and wrecks her wedding

Xander gets her out of Mexico and back to Tate

So why is she out to get him still?

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, Artsda said:

Yep, this is why I never wanted Theresa to be on this show long term. Because these writers always find a way of ruining her even more. Theresa should be the kind of character that pops in every now and then for visits, not as a long term character, (which would've suited Jen Lilley just fine anyway, and I don't care what those people on Twitter say!), because if Theresa is around for longer than a month, they just don't know what to do with her and they ALWAYS take her too far than they need to. 

Also, since when is Theresa a drug addict? I thought she was just a party girl, not a serious drug addict like Brady was. Are we going to find out next that Theresa occasionally relapsed and was in and out of drug rehab during Tate's childhood? Spare me.

And also, if this is just a plot point to bring Theresa and Brady closer and possibly lead to a reunion, then I find it utterly pointless because I highly doubt Theresa is even sticking around after the Alex/Xander reveal anyway. I'll bet you by this time next year she'll be gone and then what? Brady will just be alone again. Jeez, just put him with Chloe like everyone wants and be done with it. Philip can always have Stephanie anyway. Theresa can always find her soulmate off-screen anyway, because that person is definitely not in Salem! 

Also, since when is Theresa a strong person like Brady claims he is? A woman who basically reverts back to being a gold-digger when her company goes under and has now fallen off the wagon is certainly not a strong person by any stretch of the imagination! As a matter of fact, Theresa just comes across as pathetic and weak, and it's sad. 

Edited by MissPhoenixGirl
  • Like 3
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

And also, if this is just a plot point to bring Theresa and Brady closer and possibly lead to a reunion, then I find it utterly pointless because I highly doubt Theresa is even sticking around after the Alex/Xander reveal anyway. I'll bet you by this time next year she'll be gone and then what?

I seem to recall that when Jen Lilley was explaining the casting mess, she said that the producers had planned a 3-month story for Theresa.  I took that to mean she would be expected to be available to film for 3 months, with the story to end around February sweeps.  I hope that's the case because I'm ready for Theresa to make her exit, along with that other joker with the phony accent.  

On another topic, after the conversation between Nicole and EJ about Holly's eyes popping open when she was a baby, I was SURE we'd see it happen before they wheeled her onto the elevator.  Bummer.  I'm ready for that to end as well.

And there was no doubt that it was Clyde waiting to talk to Harris.    

• Like 5
(edited)
11 minutes ago, sas616 said:

I seem to recall that when Jen Lilley was explaining the casting mess, she said that the producers had planned a 3-month story for Theresa.  I took that to mean she would be expected to be available to film for 3 months, with the story to end around February sweeps.  I hope that's the case because I'm ready for Theresa to make her exit, along with that other joker with the phony accent.  

On another topic, after the conversation between Nicole and EJ about Holly's eyes popping open when she was a baby, I was SURE we'd see it happen before they wheeled her onto the elevator.  Bummer.  I'm ready for that to end as well.

And there was no doubt that it was Clyde waiting to talk to Harris.    

Me too, and I really hope Theresa never comes back to the show ever again unless the show decides that they actually want to take her seriously as a character, which is basically never. So yeah, I hope that this is the last time that we see Theresa on this show and she never appears on canvas ever again, Jen Lilley or no Jen Lilley. Also, was Theresa's arc supposed to last 3 months because it feels like she's been around for a lot longer than that. I still feel like her arc got extended a bit when the writers decided to SORAS Tate and bring him back to the canvas. 

Also I find it funny that Theresa really believes she's such an awful person that she doesn't deserve anyone's love and I have a feeling that she might be ultimately proven right when the entire town inevitably turns their back on her, including Brady, when the whole sordid Alex affair comes out. He's probably going to wish that Theresa had died of a drug overdose and he shouldn't have bothered trying to help her in the first place. Also what is Tate going to think about his dear mother falling back into drugs? He's probably going to think that she's a major hypocrite after the big show that she made about being against drugs. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

Yep, this is why I never wanted Theresa to be on this show long term. Because these writers always find a way of ruining her even more. Theresa should be the kind of character that pops in every now and then for visits, not as a long term character, (which would've suited Jen Lilley just fine anyway, and I don't care what those people on Twitter say!), because if Theresa is around for longer than a month, they just don't know what to do with her and they ALWAYS take her too far than they need to. 

Also, since when is Theresa a drug addict? I thought she was just a party girl, not a serious drug addict like Brady was. Are we going to find out next that Theresa occasionally relapsed and was in and out of drug rehab during Tate's childhood? Spare me.

And also, if this is just a plot point to bring Theresa and Brady closer and possibly lead to a reunion, then I find it utterly pointless because I highly doubt Theresa is even sticking around after the Alex/Xander reveal anyway. I'll bet you by this time next year she'll be gone and then what? Brady will just be alone again. Jeez, just put him with Chloe like everyone wants and be done with it. Philip can always have Stephanie anyway. Theresa can always find her soulmate off-screen anyway, because that person is definitely not in Salem! 

Also, since when is Theresa a strong person like Brady claims he is? A woman who basically reverts back to being a gold-digger when her company goes under and has now fallen off the wagon is certainly not a strong person by any stretch of the imagination! As a matter of fact, Theresa just comes across as pathetic and weak, and it's sad. 

She was a recreational user but when they paired Theresa/Brady together all those years ago they had her go to a meeting where she met up with Brady and the rest is history. Onscreen though it wasn't portrayed like it was with Brady.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
(edited)

MissP, you are 100% correct in all you've said.

Theresa and John even had a tense chat at the Pub (before the fireplace poker confrontation) where he pointed out, "you can stop. Brady can't. He's an addict." Or something to that effect. The writers are playing fast and loose here to build up interest in this silly overdose story.

I haven't watched this week, but honestly, I'm not tempted to if this is what they're doing to my girl Theresa.

Soaps used to be perceptive about which  characters caught on, and which actors caught on, and how those two blended. Now, they force things. Ben. Gwen. Stefan. Paulina. And the plots only serve to make the actors look less capable, instead of playing to their strengths.

Jen made Theresa fun and redeemable. That's why Theresa stuck around for a few years. We enjoyed her (most of us). Now, pretty much her entire character arc has gone out the window and been invalidated by this mess. And for what? Emily will take off the wig sooner rather than later, so this is all just....to sink the character? Prop up Brady and Alex?

Kristen was wrecked because they wanted to keep doing the same things with her over and over, and it's been diminishing returns for years now, to the point we all want her gone.

This Theresa stint feels in keeping with how shabbily Eve was treated when poor sweet Ben needed a villain.

Know how to use your characters better, Days. They're kinda why we tune in.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

So I watched Friday's episode, and it was paced well.

The trouble is I don't get why Holly is being shipped off with Nicole. I liked the actress and that she wasn't put through too much right off the bat. She and Tate were gelling, albeit slowly. What's the deal?

If it was always the plan to have her bow out after three months due to an OD, why not cast a 14 year old? Young kids do drugs and are definitely more likely to overdo things or make a bad judgment call. Holly could have been 14 for these few months, gone off canvas and come back 17. Would have been a more gradual SORAS.

Was that the first time Maggie actually forgave Eric to his face? I have a faint memory of it happening before he went to prison, or maybe after he came back and saved Hope, but my memory isn't clear.

Poor Maggie. Half of her kids sucked. And we havent seen Melissa since...when?

The Theresa stuff was such a turnoff. We already spent years watching Gwen cry her crocodile tears of self pity and act the fool. No matter what Emily did with these scenes, they were going to annoy.

Glad Eric said a prayer though. Nice touch.

And Steve, as always, is great. 

And Kate sticking up for Lucas is overdue.

And Clyde is creepy as always.

Too bad I dislike everyone bonding with a comatose Holly instead of an active one, and hate the ruination of Theresa and have no clue where the Konstantin stuff is suddenly going.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

MissP, you are 100% correct in all you've said.

Theresa and John even had a tense chat at the Pub (before the fireplace poker confrontation) where he pointed out, "you can stop. Brady can't. He's an addict." Or something to that effect. The writers are playing fast and loose here to build up interest in this silly overdose story.

I haven't watched this week, but honestly, I'm not tempted to if this is what they're doing to my girl Theresa.

Soaps used to be perceptive about which  characters caught on, and which actors caught on, and how those two blended. Now, they force things. Ben. Gwen. Stefan. Paulina. And the plots only serve to make the actors look less capable, instead of playing to their strengths.

Jen made Theresa fun and redeemable. That's why Theresa stuck around for a few years. We enjoyed her (most of us). Now, pretty much her entire character arc has gone out the window and been invalidated by this mess. And for what? Emily will take off the wig sooner rather than later, so this is all just....to sink the character? Prop up Brady and Alex?

Kristen was wrecked because they wanted to keep doing the same things with her over and over, and it's been diminishing returns for years now, to the point we all want her gone.

This Theresa stint feels in keeping with how shabbily Eve was treated when poor sweet Ben needed a villain.

Know how to use your characters better, Days. They're kinda why we tune in.

You brought up some really good points, DisneyBoy, (although personally I'm not a big fan of Kristen, but your argument still stands anyway). Theresa wouldn't have lasted as long as she did without Jen Lilley. If she was played by a lesser actress with mediocre talent, she would've been gone in about a year tops. And I don't want to insinuate that Emily O'Brien is a mediocre actress, because she isn't, but she's just not right for the role. You can be a good actor and not be a good fit for a certain role.

And yeah, I definitely get the sense that they're trashing Theresa just to make Brady look good, especially when it comes to Tate. And it bothers me. And there are some fans on Twitter literally singing Emily O'Brien's praises when the writing is just utter garbage and I just... I can't dude... I can't... 

I didn't really like Eve either, (I did like Kassie DePaiva in the role though), but even she didn't deserve to get trashed for the likes of Ben. Gross. 

Honestly, General Hospital has literally the same problem right now with Nina and Carly where Carly just gets worse and worse every year and Nina basically got ruined ever since the god-awful Nixon Falls storyline where she got paired up with an amnesiac Sonny. 

That whole story not only ruined Nina but also Sonny because Sonny in his right mind would never ever give Nina the time of day, especially after what she did to his daughter Avery. Just no. Even if he was aware that she was basically undergoing a severe mental breakdown when it happened. And he even allowed Nina to be around Avery too. Just, ugh... And I don't even like Sonny that much! 

And it got even worse with the even more god-awful Willow cancer story where Willow literally told Nina to drop dead and she even said that she would rather have her adoptive mother Harmony as her mom, (and Harmony was the one who pimped her out to a cult leader to be sexually abused and killed two people in order to prevent anyone from finding out that she stole Nina's child!) 

I loved Michelle Stafford's Nina because she was an awesome and bad ass woman and I actually felt sorry for her. She had a backbone that Cynthia Watros's Nina obviously doesn't; she just lets people walk over her. 

So yeah, both Days and General Hospital suck right now for totally different reasons and they also both have very similar issues with characterization and storytelling. Who would've thunk it? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

So yeah, both Days and General Hospital suck right now for totally different reasons and they also both have very similar issues with characterization and storytelling  misogyny 

Granted, I haven’t watched Days since I stopped having Peacock and haven’t watched GH since Brenda returned and married Sonny (was that @15 years ago?)…so I’ve only “caught up” via this forum, but is what I inserted fair to say?

Interesting that soaps - generally geared toward female viewers - often portray women shabbily.  Look at how Sloan has been ruined (along with Theresa based on recent comments here).  

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Yup. You're not wrong.

The women are always lying, scheming, money-grubbing, desperate for a man...except for the few "virtuous" ones.

It used to be a bit more...earned. Sami was awful....for reasons that made some sense. Ditto with Kate and Kristen and Vivian, etc.

• Like 4
(edited)
18 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Granted, I haven’t watched Days since I stopped having Peacock and haven’t watched GH since Brenda returned and married Sonny (was that @15 years ago?)…so I’ve only “caught up” via this forum, but is what I inserted fair to say?

Interesting that soaps - generally geared toward female viewers - often portray women shabbily.  Look at how Sloan has been ruined (along with Theresa based on recent comments here).  

I hate that Sloan was wasted on Eric. She probably would've been better off with Alex. Sure he's a dudebro but at least he's an honest one and Sloan didn't seem pathetic with him.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1

I don’t know if the men are that much better.  They all seem a little dumb. 
     The woman who are not scammers and liars, are seen as cold or if they have fun they are seen as immature.  It’s a tough audience, and I am one of them.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
On 1/20/2024 at 5:02 PM, norcalgal said:

Oh yeah, definitely. This past weekend I've seen some Carly fans on Twitter actually threatening to beat the crap out of Cynthia Watros (Nina). I mean, I don't like Nina at the moment, but my God, threatening an actress is really crossing the line. Also I can't help but get the feeling that even with the former producer gone Days still isn't going to be any better and it's going to continue to be utter garbage, especially with Ron Carlivanti at the helm. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
(edited)

Cynthia Watros? She almost took over the role of Vicky on Another World, I heard.

So...does Maggie still not know Konstantin faked the baby napping? Or does she just think he lied about a phony antique tablecloth?

I'm still confused as to who is running his restaurant while he's away for months.

Let's just sum up this entire painful Theresa storyline with this dialogue and be done with it:

Gwenresa: "I'm an awful person, I'm sorry Brady! I'm sorry Alex! I'm sorry Maggie! I'm sorry Tate! I'm a disgrace! I'm an addict! I messed up every relationship! I messed up my company! I messed up everything! I am worthless! You should all hate me! You are all perfect people but I am scum! Whaaaaaaaaaagh!!!"

There. Now can we move on please??

Also: would a parent really take street drugs to feel better...about their child being accused of putting another child in a coma from taking street drugs? I'd think drugs would be scary to her right now, not appealing.

AND remember how Theresa had an overdose once? That's how they finally filmed scenes with Kimberly and Shane at the pub with their adult daughter for the first time. So, she KNOWS the dangers and you'd think what just happened with Holly would trigger the memories and scare her away from drugs.

(If the writers remembered that story, that is.)

John's judo chop was...sad. let's not do that anymore, writers. Drake isn't a fighter anymore.

Liked the morning routine stuff with Doc and John (Ordinary life moments! Yay!), but...why did she leave her husband alone when he was not feeling well if she had a full hour to kill before work appointments? 🤔

Clyde is as unsettling as ever and I hope he wrecks Harris. 😄

Brady's neck is awfully red for "January".

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Cynthia Watros? She almost took over the role of Vicky on Another World, I heard.

So...does Maggie still not know Konstantin faked the baby napping? Or does she just think he lied about a phony antique tablecloth?

I'm still confused as to who is running his restaurant while he's away for months.

Let's just sum up this entire painful Theresa storyline with this dialogue and be done with it:

Gwenresa: "I'm an awful person, I'm sorry Brady! I'm sorry Alex! I'm sorry Maggie! I'm sorry Tate! I'm a disgrace! I'm an addict! I messed up every relationship! I messed up my company! I messed up everything! I am worthless! You should all hate me! You are all perfect people but I am scum! Whaaaaaaaaaagh!!!"

There. Now can we move on please??

Also: would a parent really take street drugs to feel better...about their child being accused of putting another child in a coma from taking street drugs? I'd think drugs would be scary to her right now, not appealing.

AND remember how Theresa had an overdose once? That's how they finally filmed scenes with Kimberly and Shane at the pub with their adult daughter for the first time. So, she KNOWS the dangers and you'd think what just happened with Holly would trigger the memories and scare her away from drugs.

(If the writers remembered that story, that is.)

John's judo chop was...sad. let's not do that anymore, writers. Drake isn't a fighter anymore.

Liked the morning routine stuff with Doc and John (Ordinary life moments! Yay!), but...why did she leave her husband alone when he was not feeling well if she had a full hour to kill before work appointments? 🤔

Clyde is as unsettling as ever and I hope he wrecks Harris. 😄

Brady's neck is awfully red for "January".

And yeah the worst part is that Theresa's fears will be ultimately founded as basically the entire town turns on her and she ends up leaving Salem in utter disgrace and shame. Rinse, repeat. 

This drug story with Theresa makes no sense anyway. She wasn't even a hardcore addict like Brady was, and now the writers are trying to convince us that she is? This sucks. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

So...she does know he faked Victoria's rescue?

No, not yet.  She's still processing the bargain basement family tablecloth.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

So does Jackee Harry have a clause in her contract that mandates that every cast member, at least once daily, no matter how inconsequential their contact is with her character, MUST praise Paulina as the best thing to happen to Salem since time began?   

I don't remember any character being so constantly propped and over-praised since the late unlamented Dr. Tan the Dan Man.  It's a good thing he's gone or those two would explode like competing suns.

I'm with Dr. Seigel not being so nice to her.  Between her huffing and Abe's puffing she must have felt like she was in a wind tunnel.

And Chanel, "Momma" isn't being brave and stoic, "Momma" is begging for someone to throw her from the train.

Show couldn't stop itself today, apparently.  Besides that gasbag, we also were subjected to numerous "Shut up, Chad", along with plenty of accompanying "Shut up, Everett" and several "Toss Leo out the window, would you?" moments too.  I almost forgot, if only I could, that beginning moustache on Stefan O!'s face.  Don't, just don't.

Show made me very cranky today.

Xander was the only saving grace.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
(edited)

Chad really believed Stefan? He thinks he's innocent all because he brought up neck tie killer?

He feels loyalty to Stefan over what? Has he forgotten the rape of his wife? 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 1/15/2024 at 2:51 PM, Phebemarie said:

Sometimes TBTBs has this obscure tendency to tread lightly in handling complex and sensitive topics, like some flavour of the month. For instance, they randomly brought up some ex-Nazi Doctor who killed Robin's grandmother in concentration camp and some KGB agents to harass the pawn and Marlena only for a few episode with no build up. If they truly are groundbreaking and progressive, why don't choose to write a story for a refugee family from Gaza?

On 1/16/2024 at 8:49 AM, brisbydog said:

Poor Sloan. Mortifying. But the great shrink immediately went to alcoholic instead of interpreting Sloan's ramblings to be all about wanting to impress her

Eric is so bearable with Sloan. Dnw Ericole version 1000

Greg Vaughan, despite his Eric's notoriety as a sappy and sancticmous person, could come across as a sexy and charming guy with some ladies on screen. He was like that with Holly Marie Combs, Kelly McCullough, Linsey Godfrey and now Jessica Serfaty. Somehow the writers feel the necessity to deprive him the opportunity to be happy and cheerful and ground him in moral superiority and ethics all the time. 

On 1/17/2024 at 10:48 AM, BuckeyeLou said:

I'm recovering from the Flu, so trying to catch up...Sloan, as a silly drunk, was making me laugh :)  The actress who portrays Sloan is very good at different variations of her character: Mean Villianess, schemer, Lawyer, and now a comedic side.  Marlena could have least pretended to be amused but she has no sense of humor, as Sloan said.  And why did Marlena sit down to eat at the table with her purse still slung over her shoulder?  I also liked the family moments with Tate at the police station...at least they acknowledged Marlena & John as his Grandparents.  And Emily O"Brien has done a good job of portraying an over-wrought Mother...I like that Theresa better than the scheming Theresa & I actually liked the Theresa & Brady scenes.  Give me more family inter-actions and I will be happy.

I think Sloan hit the nail with her description. Dedire Hall comes across as affable and funny in real life but Marlena has been more lifeless than an inanimate object. She seems to belong to the Maurice Bernard and Roger Howarth School of chemistry and acting. I am currently on the episodes after Marlena was "killed" in the explosion set up by Orpheus, Roman/John came to life without her. 

On 1/20/2024 at 4:02 PM, norcalgal said:

Days used to instill complexity and empathy and balance into female characters (not always the "main ones"). For instance, Gillian developed feelings after working with Shane for months, but they didn't turn it into a petty triangle with Kimberly; Olivia struck a chord with both Roman/John and Carrie and wasn't some tool of Orpheus being obsessed with taking Rojohn down. Male and female friendships were allowed as well.

Edited by spookyseason
editing
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

That Spectator office set is so janky. Why do they have a cubicle wall pushed up in front of a window with drapery?? Makes no sense, and bugs me every time I see it. Makes it look like the Spectator is housed in someone's house and Chad's/Everetts office is in one of the bedrooms.

Edited by Giuseppe
  • Like 5
  • LOL 5
33 minutes ago, Giuseppe said:

That Spectator office set is so janky. Why do they have a cubicle wall pushed up in front of a window with drapery?? Makes no sense, and bugs me every time I see it. Makes it look like the Spectator is housed in someone's house and Chad's/Everetts office is in one of the bedrooms.

It bugs me as well.   It's so obvious that the 2 desks are crammed into a tiny space.   What is the point of having partitions around them?    

• Like 6

Chad wants loyalty to Stefan?  Stefan who raped his wife and been on a terror against EJ?  He's covering for him why? 

That's one huge ring and sounds expensive for someone without a job.  I guess Dimera trust fund cash.  

• Like 4