Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

Did I just hear correctly? Did Sara tell Xander she hopes the baby inherits his accent? It didn’t sound like she was kidding. What a dingbat. This is a doctor?! 

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, chediavolo said:

Did I just hear correctly? Did Sara tell Xander she hopes the baby inherits his accent? It didn’t sound like she was kidding. What a dingbat. This is a doctor?! 

She did not say inherit. She hopes she gets his accent by listening to him 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

She did not say inherit. She hopes she gets his accent by listening to him 

I just went back and listened to it. She said “I do hope she gets your accent. She is half Scottish.”. I understood that to mean inheriting it..because she is a dingbat. 

I know many people who were raised in families where one parent  was of a different nationality and not one of them started speaking with an accent just because they heard it in  the one parent .

Sarah is an idiot I stand by my first impression. 

Edited by chediavolo
  • Like 2
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, chediavolo said:

I just went back and listened to it. She said “I do hope she gets your accent. She is half Scottish.”. I understood that to mean inheriting it..because she is a dingbat. 

I know many people who were raised in families where one parent  was of a different nationality and not one of them started speaking with an accent just because they heard it in  the one parent .

Sarah is an idiot I stand by my first impression. 

Gets. Not inherits. Sarah has issues but she's not that dumb.

And yeah it's unlikely. I was raised by two British parents and until I went to school in England I had no accent. It's more about your peers than your parents 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Gets. Not inherits. Sarah has issues but she's not that dumb.

And yeah it's unlikely. I was raised by two British parents and until I went to school in England I had no accent. It's more about your peers than your parents 

I am Indian American and didn’t inherit an accent either lol. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Regardless of this particular situation, Sarah absolutely is an idiot lol.

I'm warming to her again. The writing is letting her be much more natural. No dumb voice. No pinched judgey face. It was nice to see her smile. Right now I think she is more into Xander than he is to her. He probably wants to be uber cautious 

• Like 3
  • Love 5
(edited)

I profoundly do not care about Everett. If he'd been a fresh face, there could have been some potential here. Casting BB was the big mistake. I can't get to know this new guy when it's the old guy staring me in the face.

This "Wendy Is Moving!" fakeout doesn't make me more invested in their tepid romance.

And Holly, who we barely know, is now supposed to get our tears of genuine concern?

...I swear, it's like the Show doesn't understand how to get an audience invested anymore. Do they really think if they kill/maim/move a character away that suddenly we'll love said character? It doesn't work that way. But they keep repeating the same tricks.

If Holly and Nicole had spent half a year being a fun mother/daughter duo...and then she'd had a medical emergency, alright, I'd be concerned. Right now, the two barely seem related in their scenes together.

If Wendy and Tripp were smoking hot with obvious chemistry or really connected on some level, then fine, we'd care if something tore them apart.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 1/6/2024 at 10:24 PM, tribeca said:

EJ automatically believes Tate is guilty because of his parents past.   Has he meet Nicole?  

And by that criteria, EJ's kids should be seen as criminal monsters since Daddy is a rapist, so...

• Like 6
  • Applause 5

Tripp needs to stop with his mother and be done with her.  Tripp has to say with illegal drug dealing mommy why? 

Maggie and Holly finally. 

Nicole doesn't blame Tate but isn't stopping EJ from rail roading him. 

Oh no Wendy is here.  Why can't she go. That scene of her getting angry and then Tripp kissing her was so bad.  Maybe she'll be a casualty of drug war. 

Good for Chad for getting some brain cells back and questioning why Ava is there and if Stefan involved in the drugs.  Ava's stunt kissing didn't phase him either. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Oh no Wendy is here.  Why can't she go. That scene of her getting angry and then Tripp kissing her was so bad.  Maybe she'll be a casualty of drug war. 

That was so odd. I thought for a moment she was going crazy.

• Like 3

Wendy’s up to no good.  That happens to ever girl Tripp dates.  
nicole didn’t look happy when Maggie said a prayer for Tate.  Me thinks she’s just letting EJ be the bad guy. 
It was good seeing Chad use his brain for once.  Loved he didn’t care about Ava fake make out. 
    Not sure but Everett story seemed to be missing  something.  
Guess I believed no one in Salem today.  

9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

And Holly, who we barely know, is now supposed to get our tears of

Our tears are for Nicole 

• Like 6
8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I'm not crying nor am I glad Nicole is suffering. I feel NOTHING. Don't care a drop.

Joey Tribbiani can explain it best:

giphy.gif

Right, it's like some teen who chased an older man and was obnoxious to her only would-be friend has lapsed in to a coma.  For some reason, Nicole has decided she cares for this teen (with whom she has had several brief interactions) and is now sitting by her bedside.  Since we all know the kid will wake up and be fine there is ZERO reason to be invested in this story.  I'm just impatient for it to be over.

• Applause 3
  • LOL 2

Kristen lives in the Dimera mansion and doesn't know what happened with Holly?

Demon child Rachel in tears over not seeing Brady? Don't believe it, it's actually what she deserves. 

• Like 6
50 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Sami...is a rapist?

I think the OP meant Sami drugged Austin and “had her way” with him.  Will was the result, and Sami pretended?  thought? that Austin was Will’s father.  I can’t recall how it was established that Lucas was actually the father.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I like seeing Theresa being in "Mama Bear" mode, better than conniving Theresa.  The young actor works well with both Eric Martsolf & Emily O'Brien.  I liked the scene with Nicole screaming(I have felt like doing that at times, but never have),  Everett is more creepy than ever, I am going to guess that maybe he knows more about the drug trade in Salem than he is letting on.  I do like the friendship between Steph & Jada.  

• Like 6
  • Love 2

What is the secret about the location in Greece that Steve won’t disclose interesting… I’m still all about the old time characters. I wish Bo and Hope , etc. were still on. So many of the characters that I remember from when I first started watching decades ago have the left or passed away

I just can’t quit this show it’s like my family,  most of my real family abandoned me so some of  you know how that goes

• Like 2
  • Hugs 7
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, norcalgal said:

I think the OP meant Sami drugged Austin and “had her way” with him.  Will was the result, and Sami pretended?  thought? that Austin was Will’s father.  I can’t recall how it was established that Lucas was actually the father.

She spiked Austin's drink. Austin thought she was Carrie and Sami pretended she was. He found out the next morning that it wasn't Carrie. Sami/Lucas slept together in the Titan photo lab around that time. They never really established paternity until years later when Sami/Austin were about to be married and it came out that Sami switched yet another paternity result. Carrie ended up marrying Austin that day. Lucas/Sami began their bitter custody battle. Days knew how to give you a decent payoff back then.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
23 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Sami/Lucas slept together in the Titan photo lab around that time

Can someone remind me if the quote above actually happened in real time, or did the show retcon Sami/Lucas sexy time in the photo lab?  It’s weird how my brain remembers some stuff from eons ago, but not other stuff!  

• Useful 1

The scene between Nicole and Brady was so well done.  Nicole’s pain and anger were very evident when Brady was speaking to her.  She didn’t have to say a word.  He was so desperate for his child that he could not see it.   Someone he has been friends with for a long time.   When she started yelling at him you could see Brady’s  Frustration and realization that he needed to do whatever it takes to help his  son.  

• Like 6
  • Love 2
(edited)

Nicole knows her kid got drunk on her own, she knows Holly was alone while Nicole was dealing with herself and her attacking Tate and Brady makes her no better than what  EJ is doing to him.  The drug dealer hopefully ids Holly. 

I don't want instaforgiveness when truth comes out.  Theresa can go after her.  

Paulina let's a kid get beaten up in jail and does nothing too.  I'm going to need Tate to take names and not forgive when all this comes out.  

Brady should go to Everett cry to the press.

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 11
  • Applause 3
12 hours ago, Artsda said:

Brady should go to Everett cry to the press.

3 hours ago, tribeca said:

I like this idea

Yes, they showed a brief headline that said Paulina's poll numbers were up because of her "tough on drugs" stance.  I wonder what her poll numbers would look like if it was widely publicized that rather than focus on actual distributors, she was letting her DA use his office for a personal vendetta against a 16 year old kid who hasn't even been convicted.  She should have made EJ IMMEDIATELY recuse himself from this case, not allowed him to go harsher than usual.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
(edited)

Great. It’s bad enough we have to deal with Paulina yacking away, now we have to deal with her hacking away. 

I'm a little suspicious that Everett may be involved with the drugs. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, tribeca said:

I like this idea

Xander owns half the paper, not that you'd know it since "Silent partner" Chad has taken over. Xander might be supportive of Tate given he went to prison at the same age. Chad is EJ's brother so probably would support Nicole over Brady 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Can someone remind me if the quote above actually happened in real time, or did the show retcon Sami/Lucas sexy time in the photo lab?  It’s weird how my brain remembers some stuff from eons ago, but not other stuff!  

Yes it actually happened and I believe Lucas found out she drugged Austin which he kept a secret because Sami blackmailed him with a potential statutory rape charge.

• Useful 1
(edited)

Roman wanting Lucas free after kidnapping Sami, Tate in jail, Eric married and raising his baby with Nicole but not knowing it, EJ going after Tate and married to Nicole.  Sami needs to be back or recast. 

Good for Brady taking charge and Justin fighting back against Alex. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

Justin raised Alex.  He doesn’t just stop being his dad.  I hate when the show does this crap.  
Alex is a jerk but he is not totally wrong.   I don’t think I have ever seen Justin win a case   
Brady was way to quiet   It would have been nice to see Belle back though.  Carrie never comes home so we all know that wasn’t happening.

Lucus is a grown man why does he need his mom permission?

Chad and Everett worked well together.  

• Like 5
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Justin raised Alex.  He doesn’t just stop being his dad.  I hate when the show does this crap.  
Alex is a jerk but he is not totally wrong.   I don’t think I have ever seen Justin win a case   
Brady was way to quiet   It would have been nice to see Belle back though.  Carrie never comes home so we all know that wasn’t happening.

Lucus is a grown man why does he need his mom permission?

Chad and Everett worked well together.  

Haha, yes middle age Lucas whom is a grandfather needs Kate's permission. They should of framed that conversation very differently.  Harris should of been asking Kate for help not permission.  

The Nicole and Brady scene was very well done. 

The Chanel/Jada scene was very awkward.  For a while I was trying to remember what possible conflict the two had. I completely forgot about Talia. Very mild conflict if you ask me.

I assume we are all supposed to forget that Tate and Holly are in the same family, and spent time together as young children. It's interesting that it's being pivoted as a war with the families. Tate is a Kiriakis/Brady and Holly is more a Kiriakis/Brady (thru Eric) than a Dimera ironically.  

Nicole needs a visit from her father Abe ASAP!!! I think he is the only one to give her perspective here. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, tribeca said:

I just watched a scene where EJ is trying to finagle his million dollars out of Xander by offering to be his lawyer. Xander says he can get the family discount from Justin so get lost. EJ asks when Justin has ever won a case. Xander muses that Justin did in fact just lose a case against Sami, who is not even a lawyer. It made me laugh.

Alex is punishing Justin as he is the only 'parent' he can be mad at, with Angelica and Victor both dead. I still need him on less. 3 times a week of him, Paulina and Nicole. It's brutal. I was actually happy to see Kristen this week just for variety 🤢

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

All I know is, the continuity gets worse every day. I joke that the writers of any give episode/scene must not even scan the scripts from previous episodes and these scabs seem to be carrying on the tradition lol.

• Like 3

Good for Lucas or writers to remember cousin Hope. 

So EJ and Nicole knows now Holly was into weed and are shocked and realize she's not honest? They know nothing about her.  They better get Tate out if jail. EJ seems to be realizing. 

Chad, Alex and Thomas was cute with monkey in the middle was cute. Although his acting like "Theresa's kid" is all he is, in his mind he should be his grand nephew?  Brady's his (fake) nephew. Lol 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm getting the eerie sense that the writers read our comments because Eric's "I screwed up - you are more important than Africa, Holly..." moment felt like it was written to appease me.

It...didn't quite manage it. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it was said, but the show is trying (apparently) to address Eric being a deadbeat "Dad" in the same episode that it has EJ saying he understands how close Eric and Holly are.

...how close ARE they, Show? Did he walk out on her when she was little and never come back into her life in any meaningful way (what was shown on screen) or did he always stay in touch and bond with her as a kinda-Dad (what they're claiming now in dialogue).

😒

I guess both. Somehow.

But take notice, writers - there COULD be a really interesting relationship here. It's certainly the most genuine emotion I've seen from Greg V in a very long time.

Please have Eric and Holly build a real relationship once this coma nonsense is over.

Since when is Theresa a nut for dark chocolate? Any other random details you want to throw in there to make her seem better developed? You DO realize she was running her own business when she left he show...right? So maybe stop making up pointless details and instead play with what's already been established, please. But of course you won't, because that would derail your preposterous "she's after Alex's money!" plot, that makes zero sense.

(I know it shouldn't upset me that they said she likes chocolate - don't we all - but the writers are doing this BS all the time now, where they think they're compensating for never showing us meaningful interactions or character beats by having people just "Remember!" them, even though they were never filmed or shown to us, ie: "oh remember that time we watched Mary Poppins?" or "remember the day Tate went to boarding school?" or "I know you love pigeons, right?" or "I got you a roll of your favorite brand of toilet paper!" or whatever. I feel like they just make it all up without much thought to fill a scene with dialogue and promptly forget it. Tomorrow, Theresa's favorite thing will suddenly be apricots or something equally random, just because the next writers say so, and failed to remember the dark chocolate detail.)

Look, y'all, I didn't even finish the episode, I was so bored with this overblown tempest in a teapot over whether or not Holly and Tate are hardcore heroine addicts shooting up in the middle of Horton Square. They're not, they'll both be fine, this is wasting time for no reason, and attempting to milk it for drama is particularly absurd because the writers chose not to properly establish deep relationships between any of the vets and these two new actors.

Are we supposed to think Holly spent most of her life growing up in the DiMansion just because she shot from 5 to 16 overnight? I guess so, if EJ is going after Tate this hard. But then, I didn't see them having a father/daughter relationship so...  ?? What is their bond at this point??

And didn't Eric just say this week that he accidentally killed Daniel only 8 years ago? When Holly was still a toddler? Or when she was 8 and therefore old enough to have known Daniel..?

Anyway, nice to see Lucas and Kate (nice fur coat, gal!) but was Lucas not wanting to know why the warden owed Kate a favor supposed to suggest that he thinks that his Momma turned tricks again to help him? Cause that's how it came off, especially with Momma wearing that coat. And...no. Just no. Kate don't need to do that no mo. Don't even suggest it, Show.

Kate trusting Harris is the new Will loving Ben. Glad Lucas at least called him out for almost killing Hope but alas...the propping is too strong! Even Lucas cannot resist it much longer! Soon, he'll be hugging Harris and going after anyone who doesn't agree that the sun rises and sets in his eyes.

How exactly can Harris "I'm doing this on my own, unofficially" grant Lucas any kind of binding deal, exactly? Not quite grasping that.

Thomas is still a good actor and very sweet, but I genuinely wanted him to throw the ball into BenAlex's crotch. Hard.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

For all its shortcomings, the strike episodes are heads and shoulders above the pre-strike episodes.

I mean...kinda? Some of them?

There's an overall sloppiness that's still there. And they're still awkwardly trying to signal us to care about things without having done the work to establish them in such a way that our interest is naturally piqued. And I'm not sure why they've bothered with certain storylines like Paulina getting sick or Nicole stealing Jude for an hour. Melinda still has zero plausible motivation for participating in the baby swap. Maybe give her one?

There's just too many holes for me to really say "this is significantly better!" But I'm also not watching every day, so maybe y'all are seeing it more clearly than I am.

...I'm still baffled as to how Nicole stole back the kid she thought was her baby, but didn't swab his mouth or cut off some hair for analysis. I mean...GIRL! You KNOW he's your baby and you kidnap him and you DON'T get some samples to DNA test him one more time??? For REALS?

There have been good acknowledgements here and there (Eric having left for Africa, Brady and Theresa having been addicts, etc) but it isn't some super tight ship suddenly with believable stories and characters.

EDIT: The other day Konstantin (I'm never going to get the spelling right, am I) was saying John and Steve kidnapped him. When did that happen? Has he been thrown out of Maggie's life officially? If so, I feel like I missed the ending to that plotline. She took him to Doug and Julie's for Xmas. When did things go south?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I mean...kinda? Some of them?

There's an overall sloppiness that's still there. And they're still awkwardly trying to signal us to care about things without having done the work to establish them in such a way that our interest is naturally piqued. And I'm not sure why they've bothered with certain storylines like Paulina getting sick or Nicole stealing Jude for an hour. Melinda still has zero plausible motivation for participating in the baby swap. Maybe give her one?

There's just too many holes for me to really say "this is significantly better!" But I'm also not watching every day, so maybe y'all are seeing it more clearly than I am.

...I'm still baffled as to how Nicole stole back the kid she thought was her baby, but didn't swab his mouth or cut off some hair for analysis. I mean...GIRL! You KNOW he's your baby and you kidnap him and you DON'T get some samples to DNA test him one more time??? For REALS?

There have been good acknowledgements here and there (Eric having left for Africa, Brady and Theresa having been addicts, etc) but it isn't some super tight ship suddenly with believable stories and characters.

EDIT: The other day Konstantin (I'm never going to get the spelling right, am I) was saying John and Steve kidnapped him. When did that happen? Has he been thrown out of Maggie's life officially? If so, I feel like I missed the ending to that plotline. She took him to Doug and Julie's for Xmas. When did things go south?

Steve and John abducted him, roughed him up, and told him to leave town. This was 2 days after Christmas. During said abduction Konstantin recognized John as the former pawn and knows something Steve wants kept secret

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

It was nice seeing everyone acting like adults today.  Brady and Teresa supporting each other and saying each was a good parent.

EJ and Eric putting aside their jealousy and being there for Holly and Nicole.   May have had something in my eye when they said the prayer together.  
   Know people want John and Steve in their rocking chairs but I want them helping Tate.  Sorry Lucas I love you since the nineties but have way more faith in black patch to get things done.   

• Like 6
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Know people want John and Steve in their rocking chairs but I want them helping Tate.

I don't think anyone want them in their rocking chairs.  I, for one, would love to see them doing investigations and using their brains.  It's just when the show has them engaging in fist fights and chasing down suspects that it gets over the top stupid.

• Like 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

I don't think anyone want them in their rocking chairs.  I, for one, would love to see them doing investigations and using their brains.  It's just when the show has them engaging in fist fights and chasing down suspects that it gets over the top stupid.

Yep I think GH does a good job with their older characters. You don't see Robert, Anna, or Laura busting down bad guys the way they used to but they use their brains and let the younger set do the action. 

Days for some reason doesn't think this way. I'm glad they still have vets front and center but they need to have more realistic stories for them.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

And they need to do a far better job with the next generation who stand to inherit the show.

There hasn't been much narrative stability for many of them. Or bonding with their children.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

And they need to do a far better job with the next generation who stand to inherit the show.

There hasn't been much narrative stability for many of them. Or bonding with their children.

I don't know if it matters at this point considering that the end is near for all these soaps. If there wasn't Peacock Days would've already been cancelled.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I don't know if it matters at this point considering that the end is near for all these soaps. If there wasn't Peacock Days would've already been cancelled.

I don't think we know that to be true.  I think the move to Peacock was also about trying to launch Peacock.

Kind of the same way they convinced the NFL to give them a Peacock-only streaming game even though airing it on their regular NBC station would garner more viewers.  They're willing to sacrifice tons of viewers in order to direct people to their streaming service.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
41 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't think we know that to be true.  I think the move to Peacock was also about trying to launch Peacock.

Kind of the same way they convinced the NFL to give them a Peacock-only streaming game even though airing it on their regular NBC station would garner more viewers.  They're willing to sacrifice tons of viewers in order to direct people to their streaming service.

Yeah there were people upset about that also. I have Peacock and I didn’t bother to watch. 

• Like 1

I thought Friday's show was well done, and like tribeca(above) said, I was teary-eyed at the end when Eric said the "Our Father" with Nicole & EJ.  These are the shows I enjoy...Family moments, families dealing with real life events(drug overdose) as opposed to the "Devil" storyline.  I thought Brady & Theresa had a great conversation about their failures as parents(I was chuckling at Theresa inhaling the dark chocolate, I have done that), and then Ej & Nicole had an adult conversation about Holly's situation & maybe they did Not know what was going on with her.  Families fight & have sad/intense moments & its easier to relate to some of these family storylines as opposed to others.  (And I did get a chuckle out of Thomas & Chad making Alex the "monkey" in their football game :) )

• Like 6