Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Who was that strange lady who interrupted Sloan and Melinda 

That was Connie.  She had one bad date with Li and he ditched her for Melinda.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Show certainly flubbed it today.  Marlena hotfooting it over to Ben/Alex's place when she knew he was alone was bad enough.  But why Show didn't just go all the way and have her open her coat when Ben/Alex came to the door and show him she was dressed in a teddy was a missed opportunity, if you ask me.  Lay it all out there, RoboMar.  Time for a battery change.

Her "I don't usually make late night house calls" line was exceptionally weak, since no psychiatrist makes late night house calls, especially when they're unrequested.  She should have shown up with a boom box pre-loaded with Donna Summer and Barry White songs and just been honest.

Stefan O!., with his pouffy hairdo and storm trooper stache has all the appeal of a sock puppet, and he didn't start out with much more.  It's incredibly difficult to imagine, much less believe, but even Ava deserves better.  Well, maybe not better, but perhaps at least someone from the marsupial family instead of this posessed marionette.

That was one sad Valentine's Day celebration for Roman and Kate, wasn't it?  Looking on the bright side, at least, unlike Jawn and RoboMar, they were at least inside and not freezing in the park.

Now that Paulina can't talk or eat, I'm hoping that everyone she's talked over or browbeat comes to visit her, talks nonstop and eats everything she loves but can't have non-stop.  I'm just caring that way.  

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • LOL 10

That dedication tag to Bill Hayes at the end of today’s episode was an unexpected and sad surprise. 

The show is at its best when they focus on family. I won’t lie it’s glaring how Jack/Jennifer aren’t around for this especially since their grandchildren were involved. 

• Like 10
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

That dedication tag to Bill Hayes at the end of today’s episode was an unexpected and sad surprise. 

The show is at its best when they focus on family. I won’t lie it’s glaring how Jack/Jennifer aren’t around for this especially since their grandchildren were involved. 

It sure is.  And unless I've missed it, not even a mention of either one of them so much as calling to see how everyone is.  Julie and Maggie and even Chad should be fielding phone calls from family left and right about this fire.  

• Like 9

Have tissues ready while watching this episode.  I just love hearing all the Horton family legacy.  The scenes with young Alice & Tom were a delight...the actors were perfectly cast.  And then the discovery of the Christmas ornaments had me in tears...YAY!   And when Doug & Julie sang "Always", I admit to crying.  Wonderful that they had the photo of Bill Hayes at the end...such a legacy.

• Like 7
  • Love 6

That was the loveliest episode I've seen in I don't know when.  From start to finish, every beat went straight to the heart and in the best way.

Those two playing young Tom and Alice were so good!  As was absolutely everyone.

It was even more poignant for Bill Hayes to be in this episode.  He and SSH especially, along with Suzanne Rogers and Bryan Dattilo just shone throughout.

So very well done.

• Like 4
  • Love 8

You know  It was a good episode when Leo had a lot of scenes and no one is upset about it 😂    
  I was getting upset when Thomas was swinging that stick none of the adults moved to stop.  Counting to three doesn’t always work. Just ask my mom.  
    Loved seeing all the flashbacks.  Spotted young Lumi in there 🥰

roman gave up for quickly on opening the time capsule. 
sweet send off for Doug. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

You know  It was a good episode when Leo had a lot of scenes and no one is upset about it 😂    
  I was getting upset when Thomas was swinging that stick none of the adults moved to stop.  Counting to three doesn’t always work. Just ask my mom.  
    Loved seeing all the flashbacks.  Spotted young Lumi in there 🥰

roman gave up for quickly on opening the time capsule. 
sweet send off for Doug. 

I think they should have been Will but Leo was easy to ignore here 

• Like 3

Oh I adored that episode.  I'd forgotten so many things.   And Leo was nice.  Yes it should have been Will, or even Chad, but Leo was very human in this episode.  Doug and Julie recapping the history was great.  They had some really bizarre stuff happen with zero organized crime or devil possessions and it was a wild ride.  I wasn't watching when Tommy Horton returned from the dead with a new face and fell in love with his little sister, driving her to the nunnery, but that is a heckuva story!

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Holy shit...! Did Maggie and Marlena share a scene!?

😲

Haha, either hell has frozen over or a peace treaty was made!!!! 

• LOL 5

Just watched it and yup, that's already one of the best episodes of the year. Very well done. Great sense of history. I feel like I finally know the whole Horton family overview. And the flashbacks were fantastic. So, so glad they did that.

Leo is a turd, but sure, fine, he was bearable.

....did anyone else wonder if his voiceover while reading the article about someone awful "setting fire to their legacy!" was a bit of a meta dig at Ari Z? I guess Albert A was fired by this point, right? And Ari's lawyer helped her return to her job, hence Nicole being back...so...could this whole "house burned down/family attacked" plot be a dig at her ruining DOOL's legacy on the part of Corday?

I mean, if the house set was in disrepair and needed updating and they just happened to use this as the moment to make that change, okay. Buuuut......

🤔

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I'm actually really interested in the Everett/Bobby story. I think I might like him with Jada tbh. I like their height difference lol. Jada is Rafe's best pairing though so I don't really wanna see them broken up.

I've grown to enjoy Stephanie, mostly because the actress makes so many weird faces and moves her mouth oddly and I just weirdly find it entertaining.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
(edited)

At least the ornaments saved. 

Ava and Stefan needs to be locked up. Everytime Tripp is kidnapped it's her fault. Yet Tripp always acts like she's so innocent and forgives.  

Jada seems really to obsessed with a guy she divorced.  

I don't think Everett is lying about not knowing about Bobby.

Go Tate, Theresa having the audacity to tell him to get the help while there. He wasn't wrong she deserved to be there not him. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

Everytime Tripp is kidnapped .....here's sentence that you don't hear in real life.  

If someone I knew well in my past showed up to dinner as my friend's date using a different name and pretending now to know me I'd quickly become obsessed as well.  And he was so bizarre in his response, saying you must be acting this way because of your stressful job, it would totally infuriate me.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Since Bobby doesn't have a twin, I guess we're looking at a multiple personality issue.  Maybe he was "Bobby" when he started the Horton fire.  (That's all speculation).

Edited by Phebemarie
  • Like 4
(edited)
12 hours ago, oceanblue said:

Everytime Tripp is kidnapped .....here's sentence that you don't hear in real life.  

If someone I knew well in my past showed up to dinner as my friend's date using a different name and pretending now to know me I'd quickly become obsessed as well.  And he was so bizarre in his response, saying you must be acting this way because of your stressful job, it would totally infuriate me.

Yea, really. Everbobby's reaction is so dickish that I understand why Jada is losing it. Even though I actually believe he doesn't remember, Jada knows he's a lying cheater so she would obviously just assume he's still a lying cheater and his reaction really comes off like he's gaslighting her.

11 hours ago, Phebemarie said:

Since Bobby doesn't have a twin, I guess we're looking at a multiple personality issue.  Maybe he was "Bobby" when he started the Horton fire.  (That's all speculation).

I've been assuming multiple personalities ever since the promo where we found out he was Jada's ex. But now I don't know. He's having these fainting spells too so that might tie into it somehow. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 5

If "Everett" doesn't remember anything about Bobby or Jada, then why did he ghost Stephanie at the pub the first time she tried to set up a double date, and Ev saw Jada through the window?? I haven't trusted Everett/Bobby since he reappeared on the screen. I think he's been scamming Steph, Chad and the others all along. Just trying to figure out motive.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, salvame said:

If "Everett" doesn't remember anything about Bobby or Jada, then why did he ghost Stephanie at the pub the first time she tried to set up a double date, and Ev saw Jada through the window?? I haven't trusted Everett/Bobby since he reappeared on the screen. I think he's been scamming Steph, Chad and the others all along. Just trying to figure out motive.

I figured the Bobby persona popped at that moment to protect Everett. He looked more confused than anything

I think there was a real Everett Lynch who is a deceased journalist and Bobby stole his life. Xander hired him based on great references but there was a moment where Chad mentioned he seemed too young to have covered an older story. Might have been with Julie around Thanksgiving

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 8
8 hours ago, salvame said:

Also, how is it he has such strong memories of times with Stephanie yet claims he can't remember Jada - who he would have been married to at the same time he was having memorable experiences with Stephanie.  I don't think that's how amnesia works - which is why he seems so suspicious.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
20 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Also, how is it he has such strong memories of times with Stephanie yet claims he can't remember Jada - who he would have been married to at the same time he was having memorable experiences with Stephanie.  I don't think that's how amnesia works - which is why he seems so suspicious.

Ron loves a DID story...

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Yes he does. It doesn't make much sense for Everett to know he's Bobby then so easily agree to finger prints. What ever is going on, at the point he doesn't know.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

They don't take it seriously.  It's pure escapism, not Oscar material.

It's also, at this point, the focal point of their lives. My mom is 77 and she's like that about General Hospital. I have to put on episodes for her if she misses the regular broadcast because she can't learn how to use a remote for streaming. She hated watching the Doug Horton tribute episode with me because it felt like Senior Citizen hour and she doesn't need to be reminded that she's elderly. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 6
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

It's also, at this point, the focal point of their lives.

I'm sorry that is the focal point of your mom's life. I know many 70 year olds who lead a full life and primarily tune in out of habit...because they enjoy the genre.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Interesting episode with the exception of the (as usual) boring as anything Tripp and Wendy. Not even a panic attack can pique my interest in these two. Things picked up when Officer Goldman came in with her gun but then it was all over for the day.

Everett is kind of fascinating. I think he has accepted he lived his life as Bobby and that he wronged Jada, but this is all a lot for him to process. I liked that he had empathy for Jada and was trying to understand what a shock it was for her too. I like Stephanie standing by him but also very obviously putting on some distance emotionally. This is Abigail Klein's best pairing. but most of that is due to how good Blake Berris is. I think Bobby is dormant, but pops out to protect Everett (like at the pub when he saw Jada a few weeks ago), and I do think it is mighty suspicious that he was the only one not targeted Feb 9th. I will not be astonished to find out Bobby is still active and working with Clyde, but that Everett knows nothing about it.

Harris waking up not knowing who shot him is predictable, but he seemed to get some sort of twinge of something when looking at Stefan. I figure he will remember just about the time Stefan goes to smother him with a pillow or something.

I do appreciate this umbrella story that involves (almost) the entire cast and means whole episodes are cohesive. You can really tell when Sheri A took over (week after Christmas) as she wove this entire story from then, slowly bringing in all characters. It is actually pretty impressive to do all that in two months, given she had to basically shelve all Ron's stuff and come up with something for everybody to do for 5 months.

• Like 4
  • Love 4

I felt Sheri in the housefire/flashback episode last week...but as long as the show insists on certain plot directions (Wendy and Tripp, for instance) and on using certain characters (Stefan, Ava, Gwenresa, etc) there's only so much she can do.

Honestly, while Clyde is being used well, I really just don't care about this drug plot.... or that the Spectator is investigating it, or that Stephanie's boyfriend with memory issues works for the Spectator, or that Holly and Tate got sucked into it. Yeah, ok, they're all talking about interconnected stuff, which is a testament to Sheri, but half the characters could leave the series without explanation and the other half could get better storylines and I'd be much happier.

It won't happen though.

I wonder what we'd be seeing now if Sheri were the actual showrunner, free to fire or bring back whomever she prefers to use, and Ron was a thing of the past...

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
18 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I felt Sheri in the housefire/flashback episode last week...but as long as the show insists on certain plot directions (Wendy and Tripp, for instance) and on using certain characters (Stefan, Ava, Gwenresa, etc) there's only so much she can do.

Honestly, while Clyde is being used well, I really just don't care about this drug plot.... or that the Spectator is investigating it, or that Stephanie's boyfriend with memory issues works for the Spectator, or that Holly and Tate got sucked into it. Yeah, ok, they're all talking about interconnected stuff, which is a testament to Sheri, but half the characters could leave the series without explanation and the other half could get better storylines and I'd be much happier.

It won't happen though.

I wonder what we'd be seeing now if Sheri were the actual showrunner, free to fire or bring back whomever she prefers to use, and Ron was a thing of the past...

I've noticed that Benalex has dropped from being foist upon us three times a week to once a week, for which I applaud and love the current regime. Also we must remember that Albert Alaar only dropped off the credits at the end of January, so his favourites were still being pushed into February, which is predominantly Emily O'Brien, for some reason. I would expect things to be very Nicole light for obvious reasons.

Stefan is going to be offscreen for two months starting very soon as the actor went on an 8 week paternity leave September 15 to November 15. This is clearly how they are writing him out. Then he will return with a likely Gabi recast in May. That is not a spoiler, just a guess. 

I felt like Wendy and Tripp were being written out but somebody changed the plan, which is why we had those weird scenes where they said goodbye for an entire episode and then she was back the next. They are still deadwood though and I hope the original decicion is implemented sooner rather than later. 

Clyde is gross, but he keeps things hopping. Given that Sheri could not do anything with the Jude story, or the Xander/Victor story, she is doing what she can and I find Everett hugely entertaining. I wonder if this is what Ron planned for him though? 

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

Just watched the Feb 21 episode and oh, my heart. 😭

It was nice to see Lucas again, even if he’s deeply in need of a haircut.

Couldn’t help but see a twinkle in the smile of Bill Hayes when he mentioned the demonic possessions in the Horton family history. 😁

I remember cast members singing Always over the decades and it was the perfect ending scene for Doug and Julie. 

Now that persona non grata is gone, I’m looking forward to better stories and will watch more often.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Omg Wendy and Tripp are sooooooo boring. 

Did I hear correctly yesterday, that they're imprisoned in a beer vault in some old brewery?  Was that already acknowledged?  I fully admit to my mind wandering if their scenes go on for more than 30 seconds, so I could have missed it.

So.......basically, Whip and Trendy are imprisoned in an empty, giant, can of Blatz beer?

Couldn't happen to a more deserving couple.

• LOL 7

I am very glad they made it clear that only five people knew Lucas' location, and also that it is not public knowledge about this third attack. Both things I've wondered about. Obviously Bobby is the leak and is affiliated with Clyde.

I really loved Chad's outrage at Everett today, and then the moments with Jada and Everett were good; I think Everett is truly a good guy, but Bobby is rotten. Still interested...

Which is more than I can say for the Perils of Paulina. Just do not care. She has already taken Abe's Daughter, his Job, his life, what's a vital organ? Hand over that heart Abe.

Nice to check in with EJ and Nicole, after overkill on them last year I've missed them a bit.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I need the Bobrett story to not just be DID. That's so done. 

I'm confused, didn't Nicole tell Johnny that Holly was awake and asking for her phone? Then Johnny went to see her and she's back in a coma. Like what? To be fair though, I was barely paying attention to those scenes so maybe Nicole was like joking or something? That'd be weird though lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)

Chad should have called a lawyer or EJ at some point today. Jada was just rude, hostile and out of line.  

EJ still blaming Tate? 

I was hoping Paulina would stay unconscious longer. Like forever. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Which is more than I can say for the Perils of Paulina. Just do not care. She has already taken Abe's Daughter, his Job, his life, what's a vital organ? Hand over that heart Abe.

They do not do transplants on patients over 70.  Are they SERIOUSLY trying to convince us that Paulina is under 70?  I'm sorry, even devil possession is easier to believe than that!

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I need the Bobrett story to not just be DID. That's so done. 

I'm confused, didn't Nicole tell Johnny that Holly was awake and asking for her phone? Then Johnny went to see her and she's back in a coma. Like what? To be fair though, I was barely paying attention to those scenes so maybe Nicole was like joking or something? That'd be weird though lol.

That was Nicole joking to Johnnie that the second Holly wakes up the first thing she'll do is ask for her phone to check messages.  

Apparently Nicole thinks her kid is an airhead, too.

I like Johnnie most of the time, but that walk he does, the side to side, graceful butt shuffle thing he does ALL THE TIME has to stop.  I feel like he's getting ready to jump on his hoss and go giddy up somewhere.

So, whose heart do you all think Paulina is going to end up with?  I'd say it'll be Goldman the cop or Clyde the criminal.  Maybe it'll be Stefan, and that way Jake's heart can be part of a game of Round Robin.

Heart transplants are a dime a dozen, everybody in Salem who's anybody has one.  Jennifer had one, Julie's got one, Brady's got one, who have I left out?

Wait a minute.....didn't Julie get Jake's heart when Gabi let her have it?  Then how did Stefan end up with it?  Does Julie know it's missing?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Too bad nobody in Salem ever did a successful brain transplant.

Edited by boes
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 7
36 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

They do not do transplants on patients over 70.  Are they SERIOUSLY trying to convince us that Paulina is under 70?  I'm sorry, even devil possession is easier to believe than that!

And yet Julie got Stefan's*

*Or so we thought.

• Like 3
44 minutes ago, nilyank said:

And yet Julie got Stefan's*

I think Kayla said that if Julie got a direct donation she could get a transplant - that's why they were pressuring Gabi to give up Stefan's heart.  They just won't put anybody on the donor list who is over 70.

46 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Or so we thought.

Julie did get Stefan's heart.  Stefan was kept alive by Rolf and eventually got Jake's heart.  

1 hour ago, boes said:

Heart transplants are a dime a dozen, everybody in Salem who's anybody has one.  Jennifer had one, Julie's got one, Brady's got one, who have I left out?

And the MOST amazing thing, is not one of those people have a scar or is on a lifelong med regimen to prevent rejection.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

And the MOST amazing thing, is not one of those people have a scar or is on a lifelong med regimen to prevent rejection.

When Stefan came back to life once given Jake's heart after being on the Ironman battery for years, he did show a scar. That has somehow healed up in time for him to do love scenes with Ava.

4 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

If we go with Jackee's real age, she's just slightly under the limit at 67 years old. I think Abe and Paulina have been played as being about 65 years old. Paulina needs to be young enough to believably had a daughter who's only 25. Jackee would have been 43 years old in 1999, so it's somewhat believable. Not likely, but believable. Helluva lot more believable than Marlana's 2004 pregnancy. 

I was kind of surprised of Jackee's age, too. I did the math and realized she was only 38 during the first season of Sister, Sister and my mind kinda went, "Huh?"

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

Abe, Roman, Doc and Jawn all read as 70s to me. Abe and Roman especially.

I've been tuning out Paulina's story so if this is all about a transplant, how silly.

I may not like the character but there are so many other potential avenues to go with her. This maudlin "she's gonna diiiieee!!" medical stuff is lame.

• Applause 4
(edited)
10 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Julie did get Stefan's heart.  Stefan was kept alive by Rolf and eventually got Jake's heart. 

Can someone with medical knowledge let us know:  is it possible for the same heart to get re-implanted multiple times but still work as a heart should? (And yes, I’m asking from an IRL perspective, since we know the Real World doesn’t exist in soap operas.)

Edited by norcalgal
52 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I've been tuning out Paulina's story so if this is all about a transplant, how silly.

I may not like the character but there are so many other potential avenues to go with her. This maudlin "she's gonna diiiieee!!" medical stuff is lame.

DisneyBoy, wise decision to tune this storyline out.  Yesterday, Show had Chanel regaling Abe with all of Paulina's life-changing sayings, little bits of wisdom that Chanel seems to think made her seem like a combination of the Great Spinx and a magic 8-ball.  It came off more like Chanel was getting her life advice from a bag of fortune cookies.

All while Paulina's laying there in a hospital bed, fake eyelashes, makeup and jewelry galore.

Yeah, I was just gripped with emotion.  

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
(edited)

Fake eyelashes? Man, boes, I admire your restraint.

Today's show offered me a thrill I was just...incapable of processing: Ben and Fristen, together, in spandex, in concert! Wow - how ever did you manage to reach directly into my mind and manifest such a perfect embodiment of everything wrong with this show? And what's this? Gwenresa, to make it a trio?! Wowsers! My stomach can hardly stand the excitement!

Mixing characters who rarely interact can yield good results (Chad and Sarah), but only if there's something palatable about them as individuals.

Tate, who is barely on this show, has the good sense to not want to come back to Salem. I say, grant him membership to Mensa and wish him good luck in his travels. He can't run far away fast enough.

Brady and Gweresa are awful together, and have two gruesome ghouls snapping at their feet. Both their present situatuons and their futures are going to be a real shitshow. I don't intend to watch.

Is the clock at the Horton house damaged? It seems greenish but I'm not sure if that's always how it's been or a recent superficial effect to make it seem "smoke damaged". I always liked the clock and hope they keep it around.

It's impossible Alice's chair wasn't even smoke damaged, and the more they point that out, the sillier it gets.

I appreciate every scene with Nicole now even more considering Ari probably had to suppress the urge to run screaming just to get through them. Her matching purple pjs were stupid, but Holly coming out of it and something happy finally happening in their lives was heartwarming. Kid looks good for a coma.

I recently watched a video about a mother whose daughter had a medical event while driving and crashed. She fell into a coma and everyone on staff repeatedly said to pull the plug. That her quality of life would be awful even if she survived, which didn't look likely. Well, this mother calmly refused, actively cared for her daughter, day after day, week after week, and 5 years later she miraculously started waking up.

Naturally the poor gal has major handicaps they are working to overcome, but she's alive and their kids have a mother again.

It puts these soap comas in a very different light. Holly was out for a few weeks, of course, but still. There's always serious loss of function. It's not just a long nap.

What an incredible Mom, though. Good for her.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

Mixed bag today. Glad Holly is awake, and really liked Nicole offering Sarah friendship over their shared issues marrying 'grey' men.

Chad and Stephanie was complete filler and added zero to the narrative. I would much rather have seen EJ venting at Xander, instead he remains off screen while Sarah seemed pretty cheery all things considered.

Alex not knowing Theresa's real name says it all about that relationship. And Kristen is still using Rachel as a tool to try to manipulate Brady. Glad he is not biting. Tate was the only adult in that scene.

• Like 5
  • Love 1