Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

(edited)

Oh Paulina. We're sick to death of you now.

I liked the reference to the Horton cabin. Haven't seen it in years, and it's such a cute set (if they remake it properly). Good times there, from Hope and GhostBo's last dance to young Kristen and John.

3 hours ago, Rodney said:

Holly didn't exactly grow up with Sarah spending time with her.  Though maybe it was a script writer's mistake.

I have never once considered that Sarah and Dr Tan were siblings. Sad thought, really.

So now...Paulina doesn't need a new heart at all? How's that work?

Fun seeing Eli again - one of the last great casting choices on DOOL - but hate that he's going as soon as he came. Lani and Paulina need each other. Let them leave together so Abe and Eli can be unburdened.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I have never once considered that Sarah and Dr Tan were siblings. Sad thought, really.

Well, IIRC, neither spent any time together as siblings or anything else. So since we didn’t see it on screen or even have anyone mention that they spent time away from Salem as siblings, why would the viewers even think of Sarah and Dan the Tan Man as sister and brother?  In other words, show better not try to shoehorn some great sibling bond between Sarah and Dan (and maybe even their children).

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I vaguely recall Sarah letting Nicole and Holly stay at her place in Nashville at one point?

With Nicole's husband at the time Xander yes lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

So.....With Lexie coming back to heal Paulina, this means that Lexie came back from the dead to make everything....worse?

Shit.  Don't tell Theo.

Eli's no dummy.  No way is he about to turn down a job that gives him an automatic exit from Salem.  Good move!  Now if he could only find a job that let him get an automatic exit from Lani.

Steve and Kayla were, as always, a breath of fresh air.  I always BELIEVE those two as a couple and I can't say the same about most others.

Since Paulina is all better and Abe has his memory back, does this mean we won't have endless scenes full of Pauline praising, accompanied by Abe's huffing and Paulina's puffing?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Anyone think that the short phone call had with Wendy might mean Wendy's mom will be showing up in Salem soon?

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I vaguely recall Sarah letting Nicole and Holly stay at her place in Nashville at one point?

She did. Sarah and Dan being siblings has come up several times. It came up when Eric and Sarah were fighting Chloe and Brady for custody of Holly. It came during an argument with Chloe vs. Sarah and Sarah said she disliked Chloe for how she treated Daniel. She also vehemently defended Daniel's honor to Chloe.

Not long before Chloe's last departure, Sarah mentioned her offscreen relationship with Parker as her nephew.

It's not consistent, but it has been mentioned.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, boes said:

So.....With Lexie coming back to heal Paulina, this means that Lexie came back from the dead to make everything....worse?

So what DID Abe do to piss Lexie off so much that she came back as a spirit just to curse him with Paulina?  He was THIS close to getting rid of her and now she's back.   Does this mean since the afterlife CLEARLY doesn't want her, that Salem is doomed to have her live forever?

• LOL 9
3 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

So what DID Abe do to piss Lexie off so much that she came back as a spirit just to curse him with Paulina?

How about all of the times that he threw her out of the house?

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Rodney said:

10 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

So what DID Abe do to piss Lexie off so much that she came back as a spirit just to curse him with Paulina?

How about all of the times that he threw her out of the house

You mean those times that she cheated on him including with people related to him?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

Poor Maggie. Konstantin's storyline may not be my favorite, but I do feel pulled in by the emotion of Maggie needing companionship - and Konstantin maybe genuinely needing some too - as she processes her grief.

It'll be a mess in the end, I know, but episodes like today made my heart melt a little, as they held hands with various emotions conflicting.

Senior love. Not an easy thing to find.

And now that we know what awaits poor Julie, it makes her scenes with Maggie even more poignant.

I hope these actresses can play genuinely happier stories in the future.

Eli made the right decision, but you could see how hard it was for Julie to realize he'd be absent from her life because of it.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

She did. Sarah and Dan being siblings has come up several times. It came up when Eric and Sarah were fighting Chloe and Brady for custody of Holly. It came during an argument with Chloe vs. Sarah and Sarah said she disliked Chloe for how she treated Daniel. She also vehemently defended Daniel's honor to Chloe.

Not long before Chloe's last departure, Sarah mentioned her offscreen relationship with Parker as her nephew.

It's not consistent, but it has been mentioned.

I guess I can sort of buy Sarah supporting/defending Dan on principle because he’s her brother, but correct me if wrong - Sarah and Dan never actually interacted, right?  

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

I guess I can sort of buy Sarah supporting/defending Dan on principle because he’s her brother, but correct me if wrong - Sarah and Dan never actually interacted, right?  

Not onscreen. Sarah was reintroduced to the canvas after Dan's death.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, brisbydog said:

With Nicole's husband at the time Xander yes lol

That's what I thought also but Xander/Sarah didn't meet until well after the fact I believe.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, nilyank said:

You mean those times that she cheated on him including with people related to him?

Abe had legit reasons to be angry with Lexie and if he left her and took up with Faye like I wanted him too he'd have my full support (plus being paired with Abe held Lexie back in a lot of ways but I digress). His moral compass was always consistent then. 

Where Abe and this show lose me is that he glosses over whatever Paulina has done though and never gave Lexie that same level of grace IMO.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

That's what I thought also but Xander/Sarah didn't meet until well after the fact I believe.

Nicole and Xander were married in fall 2018, he met Sarah in January 2019. So imminent. Just one more assumed Xander death in between

• Like 3

Trip’s girlfriends don’t last long.  Kind of worried about Wendi.   She hasn’t gotten out of bed in a while.  Her mom is a little strange to call yell and hang up on her daughter.   Wendi made it sound like she was upset she read in the news her daughter was almost killed not upset she was almost killed.  Kind of surprised Wendi’s parents aren’t around after what happened to their son.  

• Like 4

Well. If its a day ending in Y then it must be a Harris episode.

Better episode today than the rest of the week. Stephen Nichols was very good and pulled some emotion out of Dee. I still don't care about Konstantin and I don't believe for a minute that John killed his daughter 

EJ had better rethink helping Stefan now he knows Harris remembers. He was insufferable today both with Harris and Holly

Nicole is annoying too she doesn't want to let her daughter speak for fear she'll hear something she is denying

I hope Tate is in a cell with his cousinuncle Xander. They can share their common gripes about coma people and Tate would have protection against further black eyes

So Harris isn't telling on Stefan cause he can't prove it? Lame

• Like 8
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

So Harris isn't telling on Stefan cause he can't prove it? Lame

I haven't watched today episode, but that reasoning is ridiculous.  We know it doesn't go that way in real life and it doesn't go that way even in Salem.  This is the same show that has Gabi in prison exactly because Li was conscious enough to identify her as the shooter but Harris won't call out Stefan because there wasn't another witness?

And here I was thinking there couldn't be another cop stupider than Rafe.

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
53 minutes ago, boes said:

I haven't watched today episode, but that reasoning is ridiculous.  We know it doesn't go that way in real life and it doesn't go that way even in Salem.  This is the same show that has Gabi in prison exactly because Li was conscious enough to identify her as the shooter but Harris won't call out Stefan because there wasn't another witness?

And here I was thinking there couldn't be another cop stupider than Rafe.

Li never said it. Wendy lied. It's the only interesting thing about her 

Harris had better clear Xander. He did look ashamed when Sarah confronted him 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I didn't remember Wendy just made that up. That is actually so hilarious lol. 

It hasn't been stated on the show. But we saw Li die and he said no last words, then Wendy stated he had accused Gabi 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

Catching up on the last few episodes...so we had endless weeks of the Perils of Paulina just so Abe could get his memory back from the shock of seeing Ghost Lexie who came down from heaven to magically restart Paulina's heart? Couldn't someone have just slapped him?

• Applause 2
  • LOL 8

I think the shock of seeing Lexie reminded Abe of how good his life used to be and he maybe just willed himself to remember it.

Tate, buddy, RUN from these bozos the second you're in the clear. You've seriously been in drug rehab for months...having never even taken drugs?? That is the story the writers have stuck you with? And everyone in your life is gaslighting you and ignoring you, including the girl you supposedly have a crush on? Just....run man. Run.

I'm noticing again this show's tendency - apparently even without AA around - to focus all the stories on women being deceitful. Holly is lying about getting drugs for herself, right? And destroying lives in the process? And Theresa's partnership with K is now creating massively destructive ripple effects, including unintentionally reuniting him with his hated enemy John? Yipes. And then there's lying Ava.

I guess I should feel better because John is also a kind of villain right now, but I'm sure he'll be absolved soon so...it's all the women who are bad again, it seems. Except Clyde.

Loved Jada's WTF are you doing here greeting to Harris. I've been wondering that myself for weeks.

Really enjoyed Nicole/Ari being playful with Holly, finally. The idea of looking over college brochures and fetching her grilled cheese with chips were very Mommy-like.

A decent episode with no useless characters....but I don't get K. Why tell John his life story instead of just...offing him in a stealthy way?

K does a lot of talking but seems to have given revenge no real thought.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I think the shock of seeing Lexie reminded Abe of how good his life used to be and he maybe just willed himself to remember it.

Tate, buddy, RUN from these bozos the second you're in the clear. You've seriously been in drug rehab for months...having never even taken drugs?? That is the story the writers have stuck you with? And everyone in your life is gaslighting you and ignoring you, including the girl you supposedly have a crush on? Just....run man. Run.

I'm noticing again this show's tendency - apparently even without AA around - to focus all the stories on women being deceitful. Holly is lying about getting drugs for herself, right? And destroying lives in the process? And Theresa's partnership with K is now creating massively destructive ripple effects, including unintentionally reuniting him with his hated enemy John? Yipes. And then there's lying Ava.

I guess I should feel better because John is also a kind of villain right now, but I'm sure he'll be absolved soon so...it's all the women who are bad again, it seems. Except Clyde.

Loved Jada's WTF are you doing here greeting to Harris. I've been wondering that myself for weeks.

Really enjoyed Nicole/Ari being playful with Holly, finally. The idea of looking over college brochures and fetching her grilled cheese with chips were very Mommy-like.

A decent episode with no useless characters....but I don't get K. Why tell John his life story instead of just...offing him in a stealthy way?

K does a lot of talking but seems to have given revenge no real thought.

We are still seeing AA's stories unfortunately. He was behind this whole Paulina snoozefest and ridiculous climax. From what I've heard his influence ends at Easter, then we have two months of Sheri and Janet's ideas before Ron returns

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I mean, at one point he did actually confess so like he bears some responsibility for this mess lol.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I mean, at one point he did actually confess so like he bears some responsibility for this mess lol.

I suppose so....but didn't Brady know Tate had a crush on Holly? Couldn't he piece together that, given the shocking situation, his teenage son might say something stupid to "protect" her virtue or whatever? Tate has pretty emphatically denied giving her drugs for weeks now. His denials are believable and consistent.

And if he was a user, wouldn't they have needed a blood sample to prove chronic drug use, since many drugs stay in the body for a long time, and only then have solid evidence to bring to court?

And if he was a dealer, wouldn't they need proof of that too, like shady phone messages with clients or, you know, an actual STASH OF DRUGS in his posession? Wouldn't the cops or lawyers try to force him to give up the name of his supplier?

....at the very least, wouldn't the Drug Rehab Counsellors at this centre look at Tate's bewildered face and hear his improvised answers to things in sessions and quickly realize he's just going along with this but clearly has no involvement in the drug world?

All these scenes of ACTUAL DRUG USERS Brady and Theresa telling Tate he "has a problem" and needs to own up to it are just insane.

And just like with Ben's mysterious "mental illness" that was never named or defined but totally cleared up somehow, here is Tate written up as a drug expert when I bet he can't tell the difference between heroin and cocaine. The show has done a piss-poor job of justifying the story taking this turn and dragging it out forever considering five minutes of listening to Tate and testing him would reveal he knows nothing, has used nothing and therefore isn't remotely responsible.

You can't convince us that the entire system wrongly thinks of Tate as a drug dealer without showing us solid reasons for how that happened. "Just because we say so" isn't a good reason.

🙄

When every character has to be a moron for the story to work, it's a bad story. And I don't believe either that Tate would like Holly so much that he would refuse to mention in court how she offered him drugs the first time they met, and go to jail to prove some devotion to her.

That said, if the actors playing Tate and Holly were visibly 3 years younger, the story would work much better, framing them more as kids who adults wouldn't listen to. Wouldn't make it a great story,  though.

10 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Wow, DB...you actually seemed to enjoy an episode...almost 😉😁

I try, really I do 😅 I don't want to feel negatively about DOOL, but there are so many problems that could easily be fixed.

I thought the Horton flashback episode was really good!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I suppose so....but didn't Brady know Tate had a crush on Holly? Couldn't he piece together that, given the shocking situation, his teenage son might say something stupid to "protect" her virtue or whatever?

I think he actually confessed after Brady did to 'protect' Brady. 

Brady and Theresa don't think Tate is on drugs (well depending on the day and whether or not the writers look at any other scripts first lol) but being in drug rehab is better than prison so.

But now Tate's dumb ass broke out of the facility he's in to break into the home of the DA who hates him. The apple doesn't far from the tree with that one lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 3
  • LOL 5
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

.but didn't Brady know Tate had a crush on Holly? Couldn't he piece together that, given the shocking situation, his teenage son might say something stupid to "protect" her virtue or whatever?

this is so delightful.  couldn't Brady piece together...?  well it's Brady so no, he could not.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

Sadly Tates only hope is his sister Rachel.    She is a brat but smart and at the  age of Seven knew how to break into prison.  I think she will be the one to finally rid us of Clyde. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
13 hours ago, tribeca said:

Sadly Tates only hope is his sister Rachel.    She is a brat but smart and at the  age of Seven knew how to break into prison.  I think she will be the one to finally rid us of Clyde. 

I truly love this idea lol.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Considering how many people he's deeply hurt, I think Clyde needs to get done in by someone who has a long history with him. It needs to feel earned. There are better candidates than Rachel, though she's definitely a dangerous kid.

Today's episode was pretty good. Emotional stuff with Marlena trying to talk John down off the ledge. I like that she pointed out him saving her from her own guilt and pulled the Wife Card, asking him not to do this to her.

(Realistically, John going to the cops would result in nothing, but his shame was deep and real, so I get why he'd go that route.)

Shall we take bets on who actually killed Katey?

Leo sure talked fast for a guy with a hangover. I get that his scenes are all about jokes - I actually laughed at the Frau F quip! - but he can't be zippy and about to puke at the same time.

How is Sloan letting this yahoo run around extorting her, blabbing about it and showing up to family events? It's been weeks. Do something to get rid of him!

Loved EJ's smackdown of Stefan. This character never really worked, and it would be great for this to be his exit. I'm sure it won't be, but calling him a failure and refusing to pass along his message of love to Gabi was still pretty satisfying. Classic Evil EJ.

Where is Stefan going though, for real? So many countries were referenced I got confused.

And did John say Yo Ling trained him to be an assassin? Um...wasn't he completely absent from his life, until he briefly tried to steal his blood or whatever? The assassin training stuff with John going to the Academy of Meanies was the doing of....Stefano, right? Am I remembering this right? So it was a flub to say Yo Ling trained him...

Also, BRADY ADMITTED HE'S A BAD FATHER!!! 👏 Long overdue and very honest of him. Why Eric didnt just agree and say "ok, yeah" is beyond me.

And what's the point of making an Uncle a Godparent? They're already part of the village, right? I thought Godparents were usually trusted non-blood relations.

Ava seems happy with Harris. Bow out on top, you awful woman. Run away with him now, before we start hating you again.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Oh EJ, you are such a magnificent jackass, but when it is directed at Stefan I don't care. Everything was golden today, from talking of relocating Stefan to North Korea to answering "NO" when Stefan begged him to tell Gabi he loved her.

Then the sad sack walks right into Harris. Tomorrow should be another bad day for him.

Glad to see Eric is on board with Holly lying and Tate being innocent. Brady needs somebody to believe in him

Still no investment in Pawn story as I don't for a minute believe John shot that girl. I imagine Konstantin somehow accidentally shot her himself and doesn't remember. And I definitely don't care about him

Real Sloan is back! I love her and Leo,he is awful and she is worse. Maybe once this is all done she will be his new Gwen :)

• Like 8
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Oh EJ, you are such a magnificent jackass, but when it is directed at Stefan I don't care.

lol right! I enjoy the hell out his hypocritical bitch ass when he's fucking with Stefan. It's so fun!

Real Sloan is back! I love her and Leo,he is awful and she is worse. Maybe once this is all done she will be his new Gwen :)

Love this!

2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yeah, was it weird that Brady seemed to suddenly be convinced Tate is 100% innocent? The other day with Gwenresa he seemed mot to be....

They go back and forth pretty much every episode. The writers of each ep simply don't give a single shit what was written before or what will be written after. But honestly it feels pretty realistic for them to wonder whether or not Tate is telling the truth tbh. Maybe not every other day but still lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Eric saying his sons christening at the Dimeras with a straight face is eye rolling. Knowing EJ is out for his nephew Tate.  Especially knowing his mom who is family offered.  Instead Nicole instead is priority? Holly suddenly thinks of Jude as a brother? Since when?

EJ telling Stefan no to telling Gabi he loves him was funny.  

Stefan doesn't know anything about Stefano.  If he knew him he'd know Stefano would be calling him a fool for doing all he did and losing everything for Gabi. 

I rather watch the St Patrick's Day party at the pub Leo was at. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
41 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Stefan doesn't know anything about Stefano.  If he knew him he'd know Stefano would be calling him a fool for doing all he did and losing everything for Gabi. 

I'm no Stefano fan, but this is spot on.

• Like 5
7 hours ago, tribeca said:

Brady sometimes doesn’t know what day it is.  Cut him some slack.  

So true.  Then Show gives us several scenes of Brady and Eric, and the stupid starts to multiply like the Trouble with Tribbles.  

Thank the Soap Gods Brady has Eric as a sort of brother, because Eric's stupidity is so epic, Brady almost looks smartish by comparison.

By the time Jude is potty trained, the kid will indisputably be smarter than his dad.

WTF, Show.  Not that I care, or have ever cared about the retconned Vivian Alamain Dimera kiddies, but if the writers remembered anything, then they'd have Stefan O! calling his Alamain mommy to rescue him, no need for EJ at all.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Didn't Stefan call his mother awhile back?   I think she refused to help him because Gabi turned her in, and maybe cause he didn't do anything -- fuzzy on that part.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
12 hours ago, Artsda said:

Eric saying his sons christening at the Dimeras with a straight face is eye rolling.

It really is. I know they're trying to create drama but not a single member of his family enjoys visits to the DiMansion, and for good reason. What justification was there initially for this idea?

• Like 4

Holly suddenly thinks of Jude as a brother? Since when?

Since...it became convenient? Girl was in a coma and didn't even know what day it was when she woke up! 😆

I rather watch the St Patrick's Day party at the pub Leo was at. 

Leo's such a liar, he was probably in there for only 10 minutes, guzzling from a bottle in the corner while talking to himself in a mirror before Roman kicked him out.

How he and Gwen stuck around after their first couple of rounds of sins, I'll never know. he should be a character relegated to recurring "don't call us, we'll call you" status. (Belle, we miss you)

7 hours ago, boes said:

Then Show gives us several scenes of Brady and Eric, and the stupid starts to multiply like the Trouble with Tribbles.  

🤣🤣🤣

7 hours ago, boes said:

if the writers remembered anything, then they'd have Stefan O! calling his Alamain mommy to rescue him, no need for EJ at all

I was wondering about that.

5 hours ago, oftentimes said:

Didn't Stefan call his mother awhile back?   I think she refused to help him because Gabi turned her in, and maybe cause he didn't do anything -- fuzzy on that part.

Was that recently?

• Like 2
6 hours ago, oftentimes said:

Yes in December. He asked her to get Ivan to murder Clyde in prison lol. Vivien told him to get lost as she didn't care about Gabi

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, oftentimes said:

Asking Vivian to do something to benefit Gabi and asking her to do the exact same thing to help Stefan are VERY different asks.  No way would Vivian refuse to help her son simply because Gabi would benefit peripherally.  Clyde should have already been dead.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Maybe they are having EJ be the vicious, cut-throat villain we knew before is the stupid writers' stupid story that clears the way for a Nicole/Eric pairing again?  No one would want their precious Nicole to be stuck with a bad guy. I am not a fan of the Nicole character, so I don't care, but I know that many here love her. I actually prefer her to be with someone who doesn't mind her serious bad judgement issues.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Maybe they are having EJ be the vicious, cut-throat villain we knew before is the stupid writers' stupid story that clears the way for a Nicole/Eric pairing again?  No one would want their precious Nicole to be stuck with a bad guy. I am not a fan of the Nicole character, so I don't care, but I know that many here love her. I actually prefer her to be with someone who doesn't mind her serious bad judgement issues.

You may be on to something. Throughout October and November the internet was swooning for lovely EJ and trashing Eric, probably not the show's vision

• Like 5