Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Rodney said:

Let's have the man who drove Maggie off the wagon after thirty-plus years of sobriety and broke her daughter's heart multiple times be her protector.  Right.  Great story.

UO, it must be, but I just don't buy Maggie and Xander's bond at all.  It felt like a contrived way to force a redemption for Xander that he really shouldn't have gotten in the first place.

He saved her from hanging herself. She told him then she would always owe him. That's the bond. It doesn't matter what went on before, and Victor did way worse and Maggie got over it. 

• Like 4
  • Love 4
Just now, Rodney said:

. . . From something that he and Victor also caused.

Doesn't matter. She knew that and she told him she would always owe him. That is her own perspective. She loves Xander. It doesn't matter what he did. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 2/27/2024 at 9:07 PM, Artsda said:

Jada was just rude, hostile and out of line. 

I'm on this episode right now in my catch-up marathon.  I normally like Jada, but I really wanted to slap her repeatedly.  That was not the time to let her personal life slip into her professional life.  She had to know that there was a better time for that.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

I love Jada, but she was off her rocker today. She was actually making some good points but she was coming in way too hot. 

On the other hand, Tate could stand to be a tad more heated over Holly.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

So my take from this week:

John killed nobody. Konstantin's belovvveddd Katherrrina is still alive. He likely knows this and is preventing John from going to Greece to find out. Maggie is a dupe. Sarah is not much better. Listen to Xander and Steve, they KNOW how to spot a conman.

Alex/Kristen works way better than Alex/Theresa or Brady/Kristen. I love how she is just totally ruling him, and RSW is finally likable to me. I guess I've adapted to Emily as Theresa now, and obviously Brady could do better, but I don't hate them together

I was happy to see Everett. It's been a while. Stephanie is tolerable with him, probably because BB is so interesting. Jada was off the rails, but that has kinda been her character. Remember her trying to pin Abby's murder on Sarah and yelling down Rex giving evidence that exonerated her.

Harris is such a dirty cop. He thinks he is so noble protecting Ava but he is making deals on the side that will likely end up with Clyde going free due to police interference. I liked Xander going right to him today to deny shooting him. I think Sbu was meant to show some nuanced acting indicating guilt for Xander to pick up on but nuance is not his thing. I fully expect Xander to still comment on it next week.

Wendy and Tripp continue to be a colossal bore, and having them recap their ordeal over and over is not making them any more interesting. I need them to relocate to China now please

And speaking of recaps: Saint Paulina God of Salem. Make it stop!

I know the week isn't over yet but I expect this Christening thing to take over the rest of the days left and since I am certain Nicole isn't getting her baby back in a non sweeps, non Ron month it will be meaningless.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, Rodney said:

I just love that he's not doing the face-eating thing that he used to eat in his kisses.  He's definitely worked on that, so kudos to him.

Sounds like you, @FilmTVGeek80, and I are the only three who don't like them one bit, @peachmangosteen.  I like them individually, but together . . . they kill my soul.

While the use of "face-eating" technique to simulate awe and love and passion for a long married couple may have resulted in growing weariness for viewers, tedium of present romantic moments or lack of commitment thereof is much more of an ongoing problem. Very few Salem younger couples would be qualified for the competition for “performer of believable romantic moments” award except Eric and Sloan. Xander and Sarah is next in line given the considerable improvement in their recent love scenes. In all fairness, an actor’s demonstrated mastery of kisses and romantic scenes of whatever kinds and adaptability to dissimilar scene-partners seem to be major draws for audiences and a guarantee of being chemistry magnet. This is why DH was great with everybody and some even liked him with psychotic Orpheus’s sister in law, Hope and Ava. Neil Curtis also deserves an honourable mention because he was one of the few characters who didn’t make me feel squicky with comparatively young women (the dynamic wasn’t necessarily romantic). John Reilly (GH) was wonderful with his female-costars as well. 

P.S. Whether or not Daytime viewers prefer open-mouth or passionate style over soapy style is entirely personal choice. I do know that latino telenovelas were liked for their openness to more realistic executions of kisses and love scenes.

Edited by Sunrain
add additional info
  • Like 3
10 hours ago, Rodney said:

Since when?  He held her accountable for the Price Town debacle and lying about Lani's paternity and maternity.  They were apart for months after each one came out.  And even then, to be fair, both were pretty small potatoes compared to Lexie's transgressions.  Probably easier to forgive her for those.

I was between jobs and in the middle of a move during January and February, so I'm binging like crazy on Peacock to catch up, but I have to ask.  I'm on Tripp and Wendy being kidnapped and have to know if Officer Goldman was ever found out and caught yet.  Just the smugness with which she addressed them was enough for me to hope that she's been caught.  Or at least exposed as dirty if she hasn't been.

Let's have the man who drove Maggie off the wagon after thirty-plus years of sobriety and broke her daughter's heart multiple times be her protector.  Right.  Great story.

UO, it must be, but I just don't buy Maggie and Xander's bond at all.  It felt like a contrived way to force a redemption for Xander that he really shouldn't have gotten in the first place.

Yes he did but I'm referring to the more recent transgressions. Like paying the police and university to cover up Chanel's crimes etc and Abe was like whatever. That's not the Abe I grew up watching. If it were Lexie he would've lectured her.

I do agree Xander shouldn't be considered redeemed and I don't really like that Maggie seems to favor him over her own daughter(who had valid reasons to distrust him over the years). However my point is that they at least have a relationship we have seen on screen. Before this storyline I don't recall a time when Steve/Maggie interacted. They loved the same people(Jack/Jennifer and their kids/grandkids) but that's about the extent of it. It would have more stakes involved with Xander where Maggie is concerned.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yes he did but I'm referring to the more recent transgressions. Like paying the police and university to cover up Chanel's crimes etc and Abe was like whatever. That's not the Abe I grew up watching. If it were Lexie he would've lectured her.

Abe wasn't bothered by that, because Chanel had committed no crimes.  Sloan's mom died on accident.  I can see why he was defensive of her and Paulina in that case.

• Applause 2
4 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Abe wasn't bothered by that, because Chanel had committed no crimes.  Sloan's mom died on accident.  I can see why he was defensive of her and Paulina in that case.

But Abe didn't care that Paulina had covered up a crime and used her money to make it go away, nor that two children thought their mom had killed herself when she had not

18 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I do agree Xander shouldn't be considered redeemed and I don't really like that Maggie seems to favor him over her own daughter(who had valid reasons to distrust him over the years). However my point is that they at least have a relationship we have seen on screen. Before this storyline I don't recall a time when Steve/Maggie interacted. They loved the same people(Jack/Jennifer and their kids/grandkids) but that's about the extent of it. It would have more stakes involved with Xander where Maggie is concerned.

Nobody considers Xander redeemed except Maggie and Sarah, who love him. Apart from them nobody gives him the time of day except Chanel, who he never did anything awful to so she has nothing against him

• Like 5
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

But Abe didn't care that Paulina had covered up a crime and used her money to make it go away, nor that two children thought their mom had killed herself when she had not

Nobody considers Xander redeemed except Maggie and Sarah, who love him. Apart from them nobody gives him the time of day except Chanel, who he never did anything awful to so she has nothing against him

To be honest . . . I don't think that I cared that she did that, either, since Chanel was never given her fair chance to explain her side of things, and she was only trying to keep her from being railroaded.  Had she gotten her chance to talk, maybe she doesn't pay to cover it up.  That's what was made clear, and that was why, honestly, it didn't bother me much.

Now, Abe not caring about Sloan and Colin's feelings about the whole thing . . . yeah, I admit that I had more of a problem with that.  It's why I like Eric with Sloan so much.  He did care about that.

Also, Justin treats Xander decently, too, but I think that that's only because he drank Bonnie's Kool-Aid about him (as she also seems more or less fine with him when we're allowed to see her).

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Rodney said:

To be honest . . . I don't think that I cared that she did that, either, since Chanel was never given her fair chance to explain her side of things, and she was only trying to keep her from being railroaded.  Had she gotten her chance to talk, maybe she doesn't pay to cover it up.  That's what was made clear, and that was why, honestly, it didn't bother me much.

Now, Abe not caring about Sloan and Colin's feelings about the whole thing . . . yeah, I admit that I had more of a problem with that.  It's why I like Eric with Sloan so much.  He did care about that.

Also, Justin treats Xander decently, too, but I think that that's only because he drank Bonnie's Kool-Aid about him (as she also seems more or less fine with him when we're allowed to see her).

I hated the way the whole town disregarded Sloan's pain over her mother's death. She, unlike Colin, tried to handle it legally.

Forgot about Justin and Bonnie. I guess that goes back to the plot where Bonnie stole Xander's money, shot somebody over it, then Trask stole it. Bonnie probably feels bad that she was the reason he was so broke and desperate. And Justin is grateful that Xander was going to protect him when they were briefly in prison together. Honestly, Xander's kidnapping of Bonnie and Susan was low level compared to Eric and Brady snatching Stefan and trying to fry his brain with kitchen appliances, and nobody is saying they are bad guys.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

I hated the way the whole town disregarded Sloan's pain over her mother's death.

I did, too, but is that really surprising?  Paulina and Chanel were the heroines of that story, and Sloan and Colin were the villains.  Of course the town will care more about the Price-DuPree women than the Petersen-Bedford family.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Rodney said:

I did, too, but is that really surprising?  Paulina and Chanel were the heroines of that story, and Sloan and Colin were the villains.  Of course the town will care more about the Price-DuPree women than the Petersen-Bedford family.

My sense of injustice had me siding with Sloan (and Chanel actually) against Paulina (and Colin)

• Like 4
  • Love 2
On 3/22/2024 at 11:42 PM, DaphneCat said:

So when is Salem going to erect a statue to the great, wonderful, absolutely adored by all Paulina? 

Oh PLEASE let it have an audio feature when you press the button you hear her huffing and puffing and no actual words.

On 3/22/2024 at 11:42 PM, DaphneCat said:

I REALLY do NOT NOT NOT want Abigail back.  At this point, I can't think of ANY character compelling enough to bring back from the dead but if forced to make a list, Abigail would by far, far down on it.  What does she actually bring to the show?  Seriously, I really can't think of anything.

I like Chad much more now than I did in the smarmy days.

• LOL 5

Nicole is so clueless to Holly.  Even while knowing she was drinking and doing weed. Then she says with straight face Holly was innocent and drugged. 

"Why would I risk everything to shoot you. No offense but I don't even know you. " Xander was funny explaining why he didn't shoot Harris. 

Tate never seeing Holly again is a good thing.  He needs to be done with her not happy at her phone call, with her lying and letting him be jailed.

No matter how many time Eric says that Nicole offered to have to reception doesn't change how he should have said no. Who cares what Nicole wants. Everyone else can see it. 

Jada sure was out of line. She makes me team Everett. 

• Like 6
(edited)

This must have been new battery day at DOOL because RoboMar had more animation, more eye movement and more nuance in her responses than I've seen in months.  I hope Show is very careful in the christening scenes so nobody splashes any liquid on her.  RoboMar going on the fritz at the christening could be a disaster!

Jada is most obviously NOT a woman to be easily scorned.  Everybody in reaching distance is liable to get knocked upside the head.  I don't really blame her for reading Stephanie for filth, though.  You'd think that Stephanie would have done some sort of internet search on Bobby at some point, either early on in their relationship or after he disappeared.  She's supposed to be internet savvy and all, and she was living in the city where he had both his marriage to Jada and his coma-inducing accident.  I'd be surprised that a news site/newspaper didn't run some images of the man because of the accident, which must have made the news.  Unlike Jada, I don't think Stephanie was complicit as much as just plain stupid.  Afer all, this is the same woman who dated BenAlex, so dumb is definitely in her wheelhouse.

Speaking of dumb, I think we just saw Eric expend his one brain cell for the month, talking to Marlena and then to Nicole. The crib Marlena said they'd need for Jude might be just what the doctor ordered if Eric gets all fussy and gassy after the christening.  

Sure, Sloane can burp him and put him down but having a crib handy just seems smart.

Edited by boes
  • Like 5
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Eric and Brady snatching Stefan and trying to fry his brain with kitchen appliances

....I still cannot believe that actually happened. 

🤦🏻‍♂️

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, Artsda said:

Tate never seeing Holly again is a good thing.  He needs to be done with her not happy at her phone call, with her lying and letting him be jailed.

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really want them to add at least two more members to Salem's teen scene because I think I could take this storyline if there were a cute nice girl to be competition for Holly in regards to Tate. With there only being 2 teenagers in the entire city of Salem, Tate can't help but be hung up on Holly.

I'm just frustrated  because I love teen scenes and GH has managed to make one work well with only 3-4 core teen characters, but they need to add at least one more kid for any of this to work. I get the feeling they thought that they could just merge the kids into the 20-something scene but quickly realized that no one was going to be rooting for a 25-year old Johnny to bed a 17-year old girl. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 6
15 hours ago, boes said:

It could only have gotten sadder if we'd also had to sit through more scenes of Konstantine expounding about "my Katarina" in his unidentifable clown accent.

I'm particularly sick of his Maaaahgie.   If I were Maggie I'd insist he call me something else - anything else.

• LOL 5
14 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Apart from them nobody gives [Xander] the time of day except Chanel, who he never did anything awful to so she has nothing against him

Sigh, I will always be wistful over what could have been with Xander/Chanel.

10 hours ago, boes said:

I don't really blame her for reading Stephanie for filth, though.  You'd think that Stephanie would have done some sort of internet search on Bobby at some point, either early on in their relationship or after he disappeared.  She's supposed to be internet savvy and all, and she was living in the city where he had both his marriage to Jada and his coma-inducing accident.  I'd be surprised that a news site/newspaper didn't run some images of the man because of the accident, which must have made the news.  Unlike Jada, I don't think Stephanie was complicit as much as just plain stupid.  Afer all, this is the same woman who dated BenAlex, so dumb is definitely in her wheelhouse.

Yea, Jada was definitely making valid points. When she said Stephanie was a smart woman I was like well there's where you're wrong lol. But still, she was just so OTT about it. She was also justified in being angry at Bobverett but she was OTT there, too. So yea, I guess whoever said it's in character for Jada to just act way OTT about things is right.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, brisbydog said:

This exactly! He would lecture Lexie for far less.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Why is Diana painted as some sort of child abuser now? That was not her character at all. She was warm and loving to Carrie and a genuinely kind person. The rewrite of her as Leo's terrible mother is so sad.

By the way a mood ring toilet seat is a thoughtful and appropriate gift for him.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
14 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Why is Diana painted as some sort of child abuser now? That was not her character at all. She was warm and loving to Carrie and a genuinely kind person. The rewrite of her as Leo's terrible mother is so sad.

By the way a mood ring toilet seat is a thoughtful and appropriate gift for him.

The only way it's plausible that she was a terrible mother to Leo is that she couldn't stand the vapid fast-talking putz anymore than I can.

Show likes to rerun storylines, so WHY can't they revisit burying someone alive and time have it be Leo who gets deep-sixed??  I'll do a GoFundMe page so Show can afford a laugh track to go with it.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 3
(edited)

Amen, boes! Amen.

Happy Good Friday to those of you celebrating (Happy? Celebrating? Are those the right words in this case? Well, you know what I mean). I'm catching up so this will be a review of two episodes and a bit...

I liked Holly pointing out how awful it would be to have a party under the portrait of Stefano, and thought something would come of that. Nicole suggested a garden party. Why was that nixed? Too cold? I missed the rest of Wednesday's episode so...yeah. That's all I got there.

I was glad it was her relationship with Eric that got Holly to spill the beans. We've heard a lot about their supposed bond but this was the first time we saw it in action, finally. Lordy, Preachy Eric is boring though. It was like we jumped straight back to 2012, with him in the outfit and the vaguely confused look on his face. Can we get back to Photographer Eric ASAP please?

Replacement Sloan was pretty good, but not the Sloan I prefer. Why was the original actress suddenly unavailable again? This fill-in briefly popped up weeks ago and then the original came back. And now she's gone again? For a rather important event too? Hmm. How wildly out-of-order do they shoot these scripts?

I really thought the callbacks to various events and characters was nicely done. I feel like Sherri must be on top of all that, because not only did we get EJ kinda rubbing it into Marlena's face that he's bedded both Sami and Belle (by asking about them), but we got Steve referencing the horrible Stevano storyline and nods to both John and Eric's priestly eras. It all made the otherwise boring Christening slightly more interesting.

And thank GOD Kristen wasn't there to smug it all up. It was pretty thoughtful for them to make sure Brady wouldn't have to deal with her, though Johnny and Chanel being absent made little sense.

Did Johnny and Chanel ever get to go to the Horton cabin? I never found out. If so, did they show it?

The only thing I can't figure is why they showed Kate having to go on a side quest only to leave her out of the Christening entirely. Again, maybe was that about shooting schedules? Was LK not hired for the day(s) where they shot in the chapel and the livingroom? I wondered if Kate was going to show up at the DiMansion and overhear Holly confessing or something...but nope. She got the beginning of a subplot that went nowhere. Disappointing. Love me some Kate. Too bad she's on recurring.

Found it very appropriate that the reception party was awkward and dull. No one on that guest list was going to enjoy standing around that livingroom, and I'm glad the script reflected that. I was worried they'd have everyone acting out of character just to make the celebration "fun", when obviously, Marlena, John, Roman and Steve would not want to be there.

What is Melinda's job now anyway? She's not the DA so...private practice?

I'm not a lawyer, but if Holly calls Tate, doesn't that mean she's the one violating the restraining order...

It's beyond absurd that this overdose storyline took more than three months to resolve. Even once Ari Zucker's lawyer got her back to work as Nicole, they could have wrapped it up within a month. It's been much ado about nothing, really, and hardly an interesting way to build Holly's character.

Are we just supposed to think of her as a weak-willed, self-pitying addict? Seriously? That's the first approach you want to take with this character? I hope she has more redeemable/interesting qualities in future stories. I'm not even sure how this take on Holly reflects who Nicole has been as a mother. It feels...arbitrary.

Whatever. Let's just move past her drinking/drugging and hopefully past her abusing Tate's kindness (poor guy) and give them both other teens to interact with so they can start fresh. This was a muddled beginning to their adulthood.

Impressed that the show sprang for helium-filled balloons though! They're expensive now! LOL

EDIT: My bad - this is Holly's second storyline, I guess, if you count her crush on/obsession towards Johnny. I forgot about that. So...that's two uninteresting stories for her so far.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Look at the bright side, Genie Francis doesn't have to personally witness the obliteration of this once awesome character. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for Christie Clark.

In my twisted mind, the writers will not rest until all traces of good old friendship, family connectedness, romance and compelling drama are removed from Salem. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
23 minutes ago, Sunrain said:

Look at the bright side, Genie Francis doesn't have to personally witness the obliteration of this once awesome character. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for Christie Clark.

In my twisted mind, the writers will not rest until all traces of good old friendship, family connectedness, romance and compelling drama are removed from Salem. 

Genie quit because the writers had no direction for Diana. I hope she didn't tune in for Judith Chapman's version in 2019. I think Christie lives in England so she probably isn't watching either.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
On 3/27/2024 at 6:55 AM, boes said:

Show better not be paying these writers in anything other than circus peanuts.

LOL - I think I might work for those!!! But, I agree with your assessment. And I don't even watch - sometimes I just skip through a lot of the summaries and give kudos to those people who have to watch so they can do the write-up.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Impressed that the show sprang for helium-filled balloons though! They're expensive now! LOL

Only 1.25 at Dollar Tree. And I've seen them use props that I'm sure are from there so that's probably where they got them lol.

I'm glad the Holly/Tate secret is finally out but for fuck's sake I need the Jude one out. It feels like it's been years. I don't really give a shit about Nicole getting her baby back or about Nicole/Eric, I just want this to end!

I like temp Sloan a lot. I love original Sloan too though. I think they should bring this temp actress back as someone else.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I'm just glad Genie Francis isn't in the role anymore so at least I can retain my good Diana memories and just pretend this chick is another Diana. Which shouldn't be too hard tbh.

• Like 7
On 3/28/2024 at 9:37 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Sigh, I will always be wistful over what could have been with Xander/Chanel.

Yea, Jada was definitely making valid points. When she said Stephanie was a smart woman I was like well there's where you're wrong lol. But still, she was just so OTT about it. She was also justified in being angry at Bobverett but she was OTT there, too. So yea, I guess whoever said it's in character for Jada to just act way OTT about things is right.

Honestly, valid or not, what has me firmly on Everett's side and not on Jada's is because she's being so OTT about it.  Not to mention that she's not even attempting to hear or understand his side of things.

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I like temp Sloan a lot. I love original Sloan too though. I think they should bring this temp actress back as someone else.

I almost couldn't tell the difference between Jessica Serfaty and Natasha Hall, at least at first.  That's some good casting there.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Steve, John, Marlena, Roman all in a room with Stefano's portrait is weird. 

Kate's in the kitchen like a caterer?

Sami has a friend?  

Glad Eric told Holly that Tate's suffering because of her.  I do not mind Theresa going off on her and hating her.  Getting drunk, weed, more drugs, more drinking. But she's a saint to Nicole. 

Leo's outfit brought colour to the gray Dimera mansion. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Close to being caught up, but I want to ask.

Is it known by everyone else that Ava intentionally screwed up the Clyde plan?  And if so, did she get the reaming out that she deserved for it?

11 hours ago, Rodney said:

Close to being caught up, but I want to ask.

Is it known by everyone else that Ava intentionally screwed up the Clyde plan?  And if so, did she get the reaming out that she deserved for it?

Known only to Steve and John. They were pissed but it got forgotten as they had to rescue Tripp and Wendy 

• Like 4
13 hours ago, Rodney said:

I almost couldn't tell the difference between Jessica Serfaty and Natasha Hall, at least at first.  That's some good casting there.

I agree. Bring her back as Sloan's long lost sister!

• Like 7
9 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I agree. Bring her back as Sloan's long lost sister!

Or if Jessica ever wants to leave, then bring her back as a full-time recast.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Theresa's a lot more interesting being a mother to Tate than that nonsensical gold digging/revenge storyline that was going on before the strike. Tate should have been her primary focus from the beginning.

• Like 9
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

Theresa's a lot more interesting being a mother to Tate than that nonsensical gold digging/revenge storyline that was going on before the strike. Tate should have been her primary focus from the beginning.

In my mind, that IS her focus. I mean, she did raise him in LA. She clearly wanted the best for him. Show wants to pretend she never grew up or cared about people or took on responsibilities, but she has and she did.

The Kon/Alex stuff was a terrible direction to take her. Glad at least for a few more weeks we can get to see some more of her human traits. I'm sure Ron will turn her into an irredeemable pathetic villainess again the second he's back.

Something tells me Jen L feels like she dodged a bullet. This would have been a horrid stint to have to complete, spitting on where she'd previously left her character after years of growth.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
On 3/25/2024 at 5:29 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Like where is this story even going?

I think, originally, it was supposed to be Kon's retribution/revenge- to defraud Victor's family/heirs out of all they own, and to make John writhe with guilt until Kon plays his pawn card and tries to have Pawn John kill Steve and himself. Somewhere in that half of the story, there's a twist, as no one believes John pulled that trigger. While we're on that story line, I'm over John being so over the top with guilt. Marlena made her point in comparing it to her possessions. 

• Like 7
(edited)
12 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

In my mind, that IS her focus. I mean, she did raise him in LA. She clearly wanted the best for him. Show wants to pretend she never grew up or cared about people or took on responsibilities, but she has and she did.

The Kon/Alex stuff was a terrible direction to take her. Glad at least for a few more weeks we can get to see some more of her human traits. I'm sure Ron will turn her into an irredeemable pathetic villainess again the second he's back.

Something tells me Jen L feels like she dodged a bullet. This would have been a horrid stint to have to complete, spitting on where she'd previously left her character after years of growth.

I agree; that should've been her main story from the very beginning. She never should've been involved in this dumb Konstantin storyline in the first place. That and the horrific recast is doing a lot of significant and horrible damage to the character that I'm not even sure could actually be reversible in the long run. And I'm also dreading Ron coming back because the minute he does, Theresa is just going to be uber-obsessed with Alex again and she's going to start ignoring her son again and pretend he doesn't exist. That's why I'm hoping that when her stint ends she either leaves town, goes to prison for a long time or is just killed off altogether. It's not like anyone is going to care anyway and there is really no fixing Theresa this time. 

Edited by MissPhoenixGirl
  • Like 3

Really enjoyed Brady today saying everything I needed him to say. I wanted him to slug EJ when he was still trying to grasp at the possibility that Tate might be Holly's dealer. Give it up Elvis.

Nicole was also still trying to excuse Holly by saying she might have just remembered. I imagine she and Gweneresa are going to have a lot of interesting conflict down the road...

Paulina is all better! Yay. So the point of this story was....?

Did Xander finally notice that the photo of the shooter shows him to have tacky stripes on his jogging attire that Xander would not be caught dead in? Is it going to be the damn pants that absolve him that we all noticed on day one? Stay tuned!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I am actually team Theresa with her reaction and opinion on Holly. She's  a lying addict who more should be in halfway house or rehab. Let Holly get the treatment Tate got.  She will be no good for Tate.  

Good for Brady for everything he said to Holly and EJ.  He should still file the suit. 

Nicole finds out her daughter OD and been lying and Tate been paying the price and her reaction is more about why she told Eric first? Then she's still trying to claim coma affected her memory. 

Shouldn't someone be arresting Holly? They arrested Tate for holding the drugs.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, Artsda said:

I am actually team Theresa with her reaction and opinion on Holly. She's  a lying addict who more should be in halfway house or rehab. Let Holly get the treatment Tate got.  She will be no good for Tate.  

Agree.  Everything Theresa said to Tate about Holly was the truth.   But all I could think about during her speech was what a hypocrite she is to be talking about Holly being a liar when she's a much bigger liar who lies herself.     

(edited)
12 hours ago, salvame said:

I think, originally, it was supposed to be Kon's retribution/revenge- to defraud Victor's family/heirs out of all they own, and to make John writhe with guilt until Kon plays his pawn card and tries to have Pawn John kill Steve and himself. Somewhere in that half of the story, there's a twist, as no one believes John pulled that trigger. While we're on that story line, I'm over John being so over the top with guilt. Marlena made her point in comparing it to her possessions. 

You know, I totally forgot that Kon still had that silly card to mesmerize John with. But...at this point if he uses it to turn John into an assassin, everyone will just know it's him behind John's transformation, right? So...what was the point of him even having it anymore?

Maybe Sherri was instructed to write the "Kon turns him into the Pawn" storyline and decided midway it was too stupid for words and opted for this "Guilty John/Kon's anger in the open" interpretation instead?

I don't know why but I assume Sherri is doing her best to put out fires here LOL.

10 hours ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

I agree; that should've been her main story from the very beginning. She never should've been involved in this dumb Konstantin storyline in the first place. That and the horrific recast is doing a lot of significant and horrible damage to the character that I'm not even sure could actually be reversible in the long run. And I'm also dreading Ron coming back because the minute he does, Theresa is just going to be uber-obsessed with Alex again and she's going to start ignoring her son again and pretend he doesn't exist. That's why I'm hoping that when her stint ends she either leaves town, goes to prison for a long time or is just killed off altogether. It's not like anyone is going to care anyway and there is really no fixing Theresa this time. 

I do agree that Theresa as a character is really not viable long term now, but I don't want her killed or incarcerated. I think Sherri and the writers have written some humanity back into her lately, with her renewed focus on Tate and only vaguely romantic conversations with Brady, so maybe that will slightly lessen the blow when she inevitably becomes the ugly character we know Ron is itching to write again.

Ron really had her throwing herself at her Brady from the word "go" and I agree, he will again...so I'm honestly hoping Theresa leaves town before Ron comes back. I doubt it'll happen. Again, I feel as though Sherri would try to give her a somewhat graceful exit, probably with her owning up to her deception, apologizing and then spending time with Tate and Roman and Kayla before leaving Salem. That's the best ending I could hope for here.

(Watch it be ten times worse.)

8 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Paulina is all better! Yay. So the point of this story was....?

NOOOOOOOOOTTTTTHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGG.

Emily was really channeling Jen L's spitfire interpretation of Theresa today and I was almost enjoying it! This felt very much in keeping with Theresa being fiercely aggressive towards those she views as hypocrites, even if she's overlooking her own sins in the process LOL. (I never said Theresa was perfect, but she is always fun!) I rather liked Gwenresa being furious and shooting from the hip.

...though I was again confused by the "we always believed in you!" stuff. Huh? You did? *scratches head*

Nicole finds out her daughter OD and been lying and Tate been paying the price and her reaction is more about why she told Eric first? Then she's still trying to claim coma affected her memory. 

Yeah, Nicole has been weak tea lately. The Nicole we all knew and (kinda) loved wouldn't have been so easy going, given what's happened. There would be some fire in her eyes. She does, after all, love Brady and would feel frustration over how this affected him...and herself, what with the traveling and coma care.

I could NOT buy Holly's "Mama can't handle disappointment/I was protecting HER!" BS excuse and it was equally weird seeing Nicole demure with the "oh sweetie, I know you were just protecting me!" dialogue. It was as if the writers were trying to salvage Holly by creating some kind of explanation for her bizarre choices. It didn't really work.

Did she honestly have drugs in her room the whole time, since New Year's Eve? Did no one snoop around her room for evidence of drugs after her overdose? Isn't that Chapter 1 in the Concerned Parenting Handbook? Wouldn't a judge have insisted in a search of Holly's room before blaming some boy for supplying the drugs? Wouldn't it have been helpful for the Doctors treating her to know exactly what she's been taking?

If anyone would be so kind as to tell me how the episode wrapped up that'd be appreciated. I only got as far as Holly bringing the drugs into the livingroom and wasn't able to see the rest. Had we ever seen that box "from the garage sale" before? The one her drugs were in? Or was that invented for this episode?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 2

Good for Brady for everything he said to Holly and EJ.  He should still file the suit. 

Shouldn't someone be arresting Holly? They arrested Tate for holding the drugs.  

I don't really believe Holly is an addict - she was experimenting and pretty much acting like a stupid teenager - you know the ones who think they are immortal and no harm will ever come to them.  I do agree that there should be consequences for Holly but it isn't really reasonable to think her own stepfather would suddenly turn on her and have her arrested.   And her mother certainly isn't going to suggest it.

I do think it's good that Brady got to say what everyone was thinking.  I'm actually surprised that Eric didn't try to stop him from saying it and try to convince him that everything is now over and since Tate didn't really suffer lasting damage Holly should just be allowed to slide.  Basically saying that her guilt is suffering enough or some such bullshit.  But that will probably come from multiple sources.

4 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yeah, Nicole has been weak tea lately. The Nicole we all knew and (kinda) loved wouldn't have been so easy going, given what's happened. There would be some fire in her eyes. She does, after all, love Brady and would feel frustration over how this affected him...and herself, what with the traveling and coma care.

I could NOT buy Holly's "Mama can't handle disappointment/I was protecting HER!" BS excuse and it was profoundly weird seeing Nicole demure with the "oh sweetie, I know you were just protecting me!" dialogue.

Yes, that REALLY isn't Nicole - she should have at least been pissed at her daughter for doing something so awful to Tate rather than simply buying her stupid excuse.  But, as mentioned above, she really was more concerned with the fact that Holly told Eric before she told Nicole.

• Like 3

...which makes little sense since the writer HAVE to know how weirdly detached Holly and Nicole are. Do they watch the dailies? Are they picking up on how unconvincing this mother/daughter pairing is, due to lack of build-up and seeing what works?

The show barely took the time to show us Nicole being a mother to a little sentient girl with a clear personality - the way they have with Kristen and Rachel - so jumping to Nicole suddenly being shocked her daughter has secrets? Yeah, that doesn't track.

We've seen so little of them bonding and trusting each other that there's no reason to think Holly would go to Nicole first.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4