Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ugh okay, so we'll be stuck with him until Ron comes back.

Did Sherri get to introduce anything other than the time capsule?

The drugs were all her

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Ava telling someone else that they should be in jail is a joke. Good for Kayla going after her. 

Key to our room? Ava should not even be allowed to eat there much less live. 

Paulina has no regret or understanding of what she did when she keeps saying but... No buts.  

Why do we need an Ava and Stefan flashback? We're going to end up with a triangle. 

Johnny's song was nice.

• Like 4
49 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Ava telling someone else that they should be in jail is a joke. Good for Kayla going after her. 

Key to our room? Ava should not even be allowed to eat there much less live.

Kayla doing so was fine.  Roman doing so was total hypocrisy, given how many other criminals he's let into the Pub.

54 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

So Stefan and Ava had sex, huh. And cheated on his wife. I missed a lot when I took a break. He’s always been a slime bag.

They were pretending they were together so that Harris would get pissed off and back off on hovering around Ava as they were trafficking drugs, but it didn't work. Eventually they just went and had sex. 

• Like 1

Look, they stretch credibility on this show a LOT - but they are expecting me to believe Alex Kiriakis has read David Copperfield, and can cite a character in said book and accurately parallel said character to Konstantin? I don't bloody think so!

• Applause 1
  • LOL 9
32 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Look, they stretch credibility on this show a LOT - but they are expecting me to believe Alex Kiriakis has read David Copperfield, and can cite a character in said book and accurately parallel said character to Konstantin? I don't bloody think so!

He probably saw it in a meme during his morning social media scrolling 🤪

• LOL 7

I'm exhausted today so maybe things were extra funny to me....but I LOLed plenty:

-Brady shutting Kristen down and seeing through all her pathetic tricks (took long enough!)

-EJs snarkiness (Dan's been on a roll lately)

-Eric using his priest voice...and then telling someone ELSE not to be a martyr!

-Sloan telling him she has to be the adult for both of them!

😄

So I was wrong about the new girl, Sophia. Thought she would be Gabi's Ari SORASed. Like her.

Nicole looked pretty. Her outfits have been good lately.

Did Nicole ever formally leave Basic Black?

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

Since they are reminding us that Ava and Stefan had sex, we are certainly doomed to get a who's the daddy story, as soon as Gabi shows up.

I'd say unlikely cause Ava is in her fifties, but Kristen got pregnant at 70 so...

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I'd say unlikely cause Ava is in her fifties, but Kristen got pregnant at 70 so...

Marlena also got pregnant as a senior citizen years ago, but I think she fell down the stairs and that was that.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 4/23/2024 at 1:33 PM, brisbydog said:

On 4/23/2024 at 3:41 PM, chediavolo said:

Marlena also got pregnant as a senior citizen years ago, but I think she fell down the stairs and that was that.

Pregnancies at fifty or older aren't impossible, though.  On GH, Alexis got pregnant with Molly in her fifties, too.

Kristen was definitely too old, though.  But they gave a decent enough explanation in that she'd been taking fertility treatments from Rolf that helped her body became more susceptible to pregnancy.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
58 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Kristen was definitely too old, though.  But they gave a decent enough explanation in that she'd been taking fertility treatments from Rolf that helped her body became more susceptible to pregnancy.

Uh, ok, but females are born with all the eggs they will have/ovulate.  So with all these 50+ women on Days, were all their eggs gone from their ovaries?  If yes, did they have donor eggs (rhetorical since I know the answer is no) in order to get pregnant?!  Still doesn’t pass the IRL science test. 

• Like 4
(edited)

A woman getting pregnant in their 50s actually happens in real life and this is a show with devil possessions so I don't think pregnant 50 year olds is even a blip on the unrealistic scale lol.

5 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Since they are reminding us that Ava and Stefan had sex, we are certainly doomed to get a who's the daddy story, as soon as Gabi shows up.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

-EJs snarkiness (Dan's been on a roll lately)

He seems like he's having the time of his life and it's so fun to watch.

So I was wrong about the new girl, Sophia. Thought she would be Gabi's Ari SORASed. Like her.

I like her so far, too. Now, they need to add at least 1 more boy to the set.

Nicole looked pretty. Her outfits have been good lately.

And her hair finally looks good!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 5

Tate looks too damn old to be a teenager. It’s borderline creepy when he stares at Holly. He looks like he’s Brady’s little brother, not his son.

So even Alex can figure out that Kon-Kon is a conman and is bewildered that Maggie would want to marry him. Of course, Theresa covered for him.

I still like EJ and Nicole together. 

• Like 9

I think over the last 15yrs, they've been pretty consistent that Salem is in Illinois.  Everything from phone numbers, Chicago is the nearest major city, other little clues, etc. 

It's sort of an open secret. I find it's more an inside joke with the writers to try "not saying the word Illinois ". 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

I think over the last 15yrs, they've been pretty consistent that Salem is in Illinois.  Everything from phone numbers, Chicago is the nearest major city, other little clues, etc.

True.  But they've always just called it "Salem, USA," without specifying a state.

• Like 2

Only interesting stuff today was Bobby. I fell asleep during a Wendy and Tripp scene and they were happy about something but I could not be bothered to rewind to find out what that was about.

Kristen and Stefan going after Dimera is a bore. Harris and Ava, Day 2 (or 3?) or finding Clyde's black book, don't care.

Disappointed at Roman for letting the killer of his father reside under his roof, all the respect I had for him vanished fast.

Blake B is VERY good at showing the different moments of Everett vs Bobby, this is probably the most intriguing story right now and it is all on his performance. It is livening up both Jada and Stephanie for me too, I kind of want a triangle with the three of them.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, JBC344 said:

It's sort of an open secret. I find it's more an inside joke with the writers to try "not saying the word Illinois ". 

Which is funny because the real Salem, IL is in southern Illinois. We don’t go zipping off to Chicago on a moment’s notice.

• LOL 4
(edited)

BB really is crazy good at playing Bobrett's different sides. I was glad that they let Stephanie notice. Even Rafe got to look like 'what the' at him. But Jada is oblivious lol.

I don't understand why he went from Bobby back to Everett and then back to Bobby so quickly though. I thought for a second that him writing either name makes him switch but he didn't write Bobby again in the pub and yet he clearly switched back to him. ETA: Unless, I guess he was just faking it when Stephanie and Tripp came in.

Also, I am SO into a Stephanie/Bobrett/Jada triangle because I can already feel Bobby and Jada having some great chem. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 3
15 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

But Jada is oblivious lol.

She's so happy to be getting her divorce, she's probably not keeping her eyes open to everything going on around her.  Once the divorce is finalized, though, I'm sure that she'll back to her usual smart self again.

9 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Yes, they’ve hinted about this before. Mentioned Chicago a lot. 

Not to mention the characters support the Chicago sports teams like the Bulls, Bears, and Cubs which are referenced.

• Like 2

Bonny-Everett-Bobby?  So Bobby switches to Everett when typing his byline? Then switches back after closing laptop? This is actually good and subtle. 

Roman should not have given into Harris. 

Why does Tripp to look after his mother? Good they're leaving. Tripp should not be all about Ava and saving her from her choices. He should have cut her from his life ages ago. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Boberett was the best part of Show today, but that's not saying a whole lot for me since I don't think BB is all that good.  Or maybe he is, if I'm supposed to dislike BOTH of his alters.  Remember how awful it was all those years ago when we had two Rafes running around?  I'm starting to sniff that same odor.....

Roman?  WTF?  Ava did a whole lot more than torture your sister, she KILLED YOUR DAD.  He did the right thing for what, about 12 hours?  Hell, even EJ did the right thing for longer than that, once upon a time. 

Seinfeld Soup GIF

No chowder for YOU, Roman!  Next!

Could Ava and Harris be any more dim?  Clyde's little black book is staring them right in the face.  It's been hidden in Stefan's moustache.

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

Is Alex 13? A flash of boobs and he is driven so mad with lust he has to have intercourse? Guess that sex addiction therapy was a failure.

No words for Maggie. You deserve what is coming

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Is Alex 13? A flash of boobs and he is driven so mad with lust he has to have intercourse? Guess that sex addiction therapy was a failure.

And who was his therapist? Oh that's right Dr Marlena Quack Evans. Has she ever help anyone in this century?

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

I would like to start a protest on behalf of the fashion industry and those with taste to ban Kristen from ever wearing leopard print again.

She's a cougar. We get it. That's enough.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Forgive me for being logical, but why didn't Ava make a copy of the bistro key? She had it, and knew she was going to have to turn it over... at least press it into a tin of wax to make a copy later.  I guess I'm in the minority her, as I do not like BB. He is a one note actor. His constantly stilted speech makes me not trust his character in any role, and I don't see how either Bobby or Everett is that far removed/different from Nick.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
On 4/24/2024 at 2:41 PM, Your Aunt Tilly said:

Which is funny because the real Salem, IL is in southern Illinois. We don’t go zipping off to Chicago on a moment’s notice.

There's also a Salem, WI just over the state line.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Sarah: People can change.  We know that better than anyone else.

Me: Sure, Sarah, but . . . how long is that going to last with your man?  This time, I mean?

22 hours ago, boes said:

Roman?  WTF?  Ava did a whole lot more than torture your sister, she KILLED YOUR DAD.

He's let in other criminals before.  AFAIC, letting in Ava would've been no different.

• Like 2

Maggie is so dumb I can't even stand her.  I can't wait for her to see how blind and stupid she is and nobody better coddle her and say it was Konstantine. 

• Like 6

Kristen is disgusting. She says she loves her daughter but she wants to use her to make Brady jealous. I did not need to see her sexing up Alex. What a failure.

Speaking of failures, Maggie still annoys. Too bad Kon-Kon signed the prenup. I would have enjoyed taking her for every penny she’s worth.

• Like 5

I can't figure out what the point of Maggie being a dupe and a dope for Konstantine is.  I'm also increasingly not giving a rats ass either.

Even worse, though, is if there is a point to that repulsive wrestling match between AlexBenOllie and Tony the Tigress, I don't want to know what it is. 

The camera filming those scenes should have thrown up.

I am all for Rachel walking in on them because that's how much I hate that little shit.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Artsda said:

Maggie is so dumb I can't even stand her.  I can't wait for her to see how blind and stupid she is and nobody better coddle her and say it was Konstantine. 

8 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Speaking of failures, Maggie still annoys. Too bad Kon-Kon signed the prenup. I would have enjoyed taking her for every penny she’s worth.

6 hours ago, boes said:

I can't figure out what the point of Maggie being a dupe and a dope for Konstantine is.  I'm also increasingly not giving a rats ass either.

It's not like she was totally stupid, though.  The prenup was actually a good move.  Yet she's still being thought of as a dupe?

I'm hoping there is a twist where Maggie realizes she is being played and stops the wedding. Just to give her some of her brain back.

EJ is a pompous jerk but he was not wrong. We all miss the Sane Mayor Carver. I also think Paulina should be held accountable for putting innocent people at risk. Sadly Chanel is going to reap all the consequences. That was clear today.

Xander is going to be Nicole's boss? That's a reversal.

Eric is such a judgemental ass. Every woman he is involved with he starts treating like children. I miss the old tough Sloan. Sadly I fear she is irrevocably ruined. Jada had a lucky escape. I still remember him berating Sarah for sleeping with Xander and they weren't even a couple.

Boring episode for a Friday. But at least no Konstantin.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Rodney said:

It's not like she was totally stupid, though.  The prenup was actually a good move.  Yet she's still being thought of as a dupe?

Yes, she is.  And a dope, don't forget dope.

Putting on a helmet before jumping off a cliff doesn't mean you're suddenly making a smart choice.

Edited by boes
  • Like 4
  • LOL 3
12 hours ago, oftentimes said:

Oh gawd, my eyes!  Oh, my stomach!  Alex/Kristen icky! 🤢 

Since Kristin's conquest have only gotten younger, who's next, Tate?

Don't even say it! Yikes!🤮

4 hours ago, boes said:

Putting on a helmet before jumping off a cliff doesn't mean you're suddenly making a smart choice.

In fairness, Maggie could never fit a helmet onto that bouffant of hers.

4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Xander is going to be Nicole's boss? That's a reversal.

If Ron were writing this, I'd be bracing myself for Xander arranging a Furnace of Love 2.0.

13 hours ago, boes said:

I am all for Rachel walking in on them because that's how much I hate that little shit.

Her parents are Blockhead Brady and Kristen 2.0.

Find compassion in your heart for her. She never stood a chance.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
17 hours ago, oftentimes said:

Oh gawd, my eyes!  Oh, my stomach!  Alex/Kristen icky! 🤢 

I think Kristen has been channeling her inner succubus self. She hungered for the essences of younger males to rejuvenate energy and experience a miraculous pregnancy at 70. The devil must be extremely pleased with her works. 

• LOL 4
18 hours ago, oftentimes said:

Well, Brady is John's son, so why not keep it going by sleeping with Brady's son? We'll probably even find out later that she slept with John's newly-found long-lost dad way back in the day.

• LOL 7

EJ wasn't wrong today. Paulina and her radiation affected first responders and she's still not sorry at all or gets it. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1