Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

(edited)

I hate to say it, especially since I really liked the guy back in the day, but Blake Berris is really stinking up the joint with his "Is it Bobby or is it Everett" storyline.

The stutterbarking line delivery, the stop action speaking interspersed with staring off into space, the passive aggressive "No, Steph, nothing is wrong" while wringing tears out of that Crazed Heathcliff Moors beard is just not working.  At least not for me.  Every character he plays, he plays them the same.  It worked when he played Nick but each subsequent replay is ff material for me.

Bobervett, Get thee behind me!

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Artsda said:

EJ should get Chad to take over.

I know he said Chad wasn't interested, but he didn't even bother to ask Chad if he changed his mind.   If EJ told him that Kristen wanted the job, Chad may have taken the job rather than have Kristen bring all kinds of havoc to the company.

• Like 5

Highs and lows of emotions today...

Lows: Kon wants a green card wedding plot rears its ugly head

HIghs: Steve is going searching for the first Mrs Kon. I bet she is alive and going to crash the wedding.

New Tate looks like he got SORASed to 30. I get why Holly's parents don't want her hanging with him. On the other hand that is her type, per Johnny

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

Yeah, new Tate - the brief glimpse of him that I got - is waaay too old-looking. He has a slight facial resemblance, I suppose, but he's clearly in his 20s and the whole business with Holly went from "two dumb teenagers in love" to "a teenage girl with a guy who has no business being with her" really fast.

Was anyone else startled by Dan's shouting this week? Twice he bellowed out at people and I jumped! He's got some serious pipes! It was a little bit freaky, honestly...

The Kristen/Nicole fight was pretty good, but marred by the fact that Nicole (or rather the writers) didn't use the word "rape" twice when she referred to both Kristen's treatment of Eric and Brady. First she dodged it, saying she wouldn't use the word with regards to what was done to Eric, and then said Kristen "seduced" Brady. No. It was rape. Both times.

This is especially jarring since in that first case, Eric himself accused Nicole of raping him repeatedly and said the word over and over for weeks as he struggled to remember what had happened that night. If Nicole had to hear it and be accused of it and then fire it back at Eric once she was proven innocent, why would she now spare Kristen's feelings and not say "rape" to her face? Twice?

So it's okay to incorrectly label Nicole a rapist and have her love interest throw that word around for weeks, but not for the actual rapist to have to hear it? Huh?

That was disappointing.

As for the DiMansion, I feel like we're had mortal enemies living together in that space so frequently these last few years that it's almost pointless to address that Kristen and Nicole would have serious problems co-existing. The show so rarely bothers to account for or remember character histories when it's easier to just shove everyone into the same "house" so they don't have to build new sets.

For example: do I really believe Alex can't afford an awesome condo by this point? No, I don't. Same for Kate, who was a successful businesswoman for decades, but apparently needs to occasionally work at and live above a Pub. Yeah....sure.

Kristen needs to go. This character is so played out. I just want it to stop. This isn't the real Kristen. It's just really awful.

It's wonderful seeing the Horton Cabin set again, for some reason. I guess I'm a dork like that LOL.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1

Does Stephanie not get it, how can he have feelings for Jada if he doesn't remember. Then she doesn't get why he doesn't sign, when he did sign just not the false one in his mind name. 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Rodney said:

I didn't, but different strokes, I guess.

Sorry, but I don't see what's to like about this totally nonsensical couple.  Like I said some time ago, they just kill my soul to see them together.

What's wrong with that?  That was his real name.

Leo’s reaction to Bobby/Everett just didn’t ring true to me.

I agree with your general point about Xarah but I go with it because the actors have chem and one of the few things about the show that doesn’t completely bug me

• Like 3
12 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yeah, new Tate - the brief glimpse of him that I got - is waaay too old-looking. He has a slight facial resemblance, I suppose, but he's clearly in his 20s and the whole business with Holly went from "two dumb teenagers in love" to "a teenage girl with a guy who has no business being with her" really fast.

I agree with you, but wasn't Bo much older than Hope when they first started hanging out?

7 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Xarah are boring. So are Janel. They domesticated them way too early. 

They need to get xarah solid as a couple for what's to come. Then they will have plenty to do. I'm enjoying the rebuild of their relationship

Janel yeah they need to do something with them. Please not a baby 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Pretty good episode. I enjoyed the break from Harris/Ava and Wendy/Tripp.

I hate that Paulina essentially stole Abe's job and won't give it back. I know she had an election but he was elected too. He has his memories now and was trying to legit help her out today.

Konstantin is really pushing for that green card wedding. With both Steve and Xander watching him I have a feeling the ceremony is going to get busted before the vows, like most Salem weddings. Per yesterday's show I think Steve is going to locate Konstantin’s wife in Greece.

Thomas has the pawn card. I imagine this will be a big thing but back in the day John could be triggered by any picture of a pagoda. Diana even used plastic souvenir models to put him under.

Enjoyed Chad and Xander. Wonder what EJ is announcing Monday?

Poor Johnny and Chanel. Just what one wants on their honeymoon: No bed and Julie in the next room.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I hate that Paulina essentially stole Abe's job and won't give it back. I know she had an election but he was elected too. He has his memories now and was trying to legit help her out today.

When did she have an election?

If I was in Salem, I wouldn't want either of them as Mayor. She's nearly the destroyed the town, and he's still supportive of her. No thanks!

2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Thomas has the pawn card. I imagine this will be a big thing but back in the day John could be triggered by any picture of a pagoda. Diana even used plastic souvenir models to put him under.

Whaaaa......!? 😅 For reals? Like, if he didn't want to take out the trash, she'd just wave a picture in front of him and trigger his brainwashing??!

And what's a pagoda got to do with it? I've never seen the card up close so I'm a bit lost.

LOL

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

When did she have an election?

If I was in Salem, I wouldn't want either of them as Mayor. She's nearly the destroyed the town, and he's still supportive of her. No thanks!

Whaaaa......!? 😅 For reals? Like, if he didn't want to take out the trash, she'd just wave a picture in front of him and trigger his brainwashing??!

And what's a pagoda got to do with it? I've never seen the card up close so I'm a bit lost.

LOL

Yeah she used to put him in a trance to test it. With his consent. Benji's granddad selected the pagoda as a trigger as John was unlikely to see them on the regular 

• Useful 1
16 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Xarah are boring. So are Janel. They domesticated them way too early. 

I don't mind Janel they're cute but they need something to do. At least they haven't saddled them with kids yet so not all hope is lost with them.

14 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

I agree with you, but wasn't Bo much older than Hope when they first started hanging out?

Yes which was a large part of why Doug/Julie were against the relationship.

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Hope was 17, I remember her having her 18th birthday during the early stages of Bo and Hope. I think Bo was in his early twenties 

I thought he was in his late 20s. Definitely older.

• Like 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

I think the point tho is that Holly and Tate are supposed to be the same age, whereas Bo and Hope were not. And aside from nuTate looking older, I also don't think he's as natural as the previous actor. I thought he played morose, moody teenager so well. NuTate seems more...I don't know, theatrical or something. I feel like I can tell he's acting while the old actor was more convincing. To be fair, though, I felt the same way about Zach Tinker when he first started as Sonny, and then I ended up really liking him, so time will tell I guess.

Edited by Giuseppe
  • Like 8

Maggie and her Visa excuse to Xander that Konstantine should get to decide when he wants to go is ridiculous. Maggie gets more stupid by the day. 

He has no job, no family.  He isn't vacationing he's living off Maggie. Send him home. 

If the house is so big how is Julie running over everyone but has no issues in the small house? 

Chad and his kids should have gone to his own family house.  Safer than living with Konstantine. Is Thomas going to be a killer pawn now?

• Like 6
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

Xander has gotten too soft. I miss his bad boy side.

The kid who plays Thomas is a gem. He looks so much like Billy Flynn.

Theresa and Konstantin had better fear the wrath of Xander once the double whammy of the will and the Victoria snatch comes out

• Like 5
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Theresa and Konstantin had better fear the wrath of Xander once the double whammy of the will and the Victoria snatch comes out

I hope he gives them hell.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

How cruel.  How cruel of Show to give out the hope that Paulina having to go into strict isolation meant that we might, mercifully, have an extended break from her huffing, puffing, extended histrionics, bad wigs and daily tongue baths from residents of Salem who should know better.

But I guess not.  Dammit.  

Here's hoping somebody at the hospital uses this time to brick up the door to her room.

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
(edited)
13 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

I think the point tho is that Holly and Tate are supposed to be the same age, whereas Bo and Hope were not. And aside from nuTate looking older, I also don't think he's as natural as the previous actor. I thought he played morose, moody teenager so well. NuTate seems more...I don't know, theatrical or something. I feel like I can tell he's acting while the old actor was more convincing. To be fair, though, I felt the same way about Zach Tinker when he first started as Sonny, and then I ended up really liking him, so time will tell I guess.

NuTate has been reminding me of Zach Tinker. They even sound/talk similar. He could have played Sonny's brother. I like him but I do agree that his vibe is so much different than old Tate so it's not really working right now.

I'm sure Xander will be an ass once the Theresa/Konstantin stuff comes out, which will simply annoy me because like buddy you've done worse so calm down lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 2
16 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

NuTate has been reminding me of Zach Tinker. They even sound/talk similar. He could have played Sonny's brother. I like him but I do agree that his vibe is so much different than old Tate so it's not really working right now.

I'm sure Xander will be an ass once the Theresa/Konstantin stuff comes out, which will simply annoy me because like buddy you've done worse so calm down lol.

It won't be about the money for Xander, or even what Theresa did, it will be about dealing with the knowledge that Victor knew he was his father his entire life and not only denied him but treated him the way he did. He's allowed to be completely messed up by that.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

I think a better soap would find all the nuances and explore the shame, anger and disappointment and likely help Telfer land a Daytime Emmy.

With DAYS and Ron, I doubt we're going to get all that.

There's potential for sure. Hopefully it isn't squandered.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
26 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I think a better soap would find all the nuances and explore the shame, anger and disappointment and likely help Telfer land a Daytime Emmy.

With DAYS and Ron, I doubt we're going to get all that.

There's potential for sure. Hopefully it isn't squandered.

He said that it is really great. I'm sure he will do well with it. 

20 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think PT is usually kind of bad at more dramatic stuff personally. And lately he's playing Xander so doofy like (I blame Sarah lol) so it'll be interesting to see how he approaches it.

He is very good at the quiet moments, like when Sarah was Renee and he couldn't reach her. I think this will be devastation at first, then anger at Konstantin and Theresa. I can't wait.

They are making him and Sarah super solid now so they are together for the fall out. 

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, boes said:

How cruel.  How cruel of Show to give out the hope that Paulina having to go into strict isolation meant that we might, mercifully, have an extended break from her huffing, puffing, extended histrionics, bad wigs and daily tongue baths from residents of Salem who should know better.

But I guess not.  Dammit.  

Here's hoping somebody at the hospital uses this time to brick up the door to her room.

And to go back a little further, how cruel of them to not kill her off when they had the perfect chance. Instead, they give her a miraculous recovery. I guess whoever wrote that likes ****ing around with some of the viewers. I cannot stand Paulina and the “actress” that plays her. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 4

Does anybody get a bad feeling that Sarah is going to come down with radiation poisoning because of a leak in her suit or some such thing? All so that she could go in there and talk to that blowhard. 

• Sad 2
  • Useful 2
On 4/12/2024 at 8:17 PM, Giuseppe said:

NuTate seems more...I don't know, theatrical or something. I feel like I can tell he's acting while the old actor was more convincing. To be fair, though, I felt the same way about Zach Tinker when he first started as Sonny, and then I ended up really liking him, so time will tell I guess.

Leo Howard was a Disney Boy, so I think those acting vibes are what you're picking up on. There's a certain personality/acting type that Disney goes for, and you can usually still see it in former Disney stars even after they grow up.

I'm really hoping the actor's karate skills come into play at some point. If Ron feels like ripping off Cobra Kai I wouldn't be mad, honestly. Like say some evil dojo tries to take over Salem High.

I also agree about Zac Tinker. His vibe was just so different from Freddy's, but I wound up really loving his version of Sonny.

I'm just going to roll with this Tate. I also just have a soft spot for former child stars trying to make it as adults because the horror stories are just so bad. (Well, for awhile, anyway. I do thinks soaps mean you need to settle in pretty damn quick or you're gone.)

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
On 4/12/2024 at 10:24 PM, brisbydog said:

Like he'll have any right to judge either one of them.

• Applause 1
22 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I do thinks soaps mean you need to settle in pretty damn quick or you're gone.

*glances at RSW, JH, GR, SH and GG*

That certainly USED to be the case...

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

What did Johnny and Chanel do to deserve this torture on their honey,on?

Be boring as hell lol. They needed something to liven them up tbh.

I wonder if Chanel is just lost or has been like abducted or something?

EJ is such an asshole. It's hilarious.

Sloan's outfit was interesting.

• Like 6

I wish for Stefan to go to jail for a long time.  Judge should have thrown out the plea and locked him up. 

Citizens of Salem are safer? The cop shooter deserves to pay. 

Tate is so pathetic. The parents can't see him lying about the job. 

Theresa's not caring about the letter was spot on. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
On 4/14/2024 at 2:40 AM, methodwriter85 said:

Leo Howard was a Disney Boy, so I think those acting vibes are what you're picking up on. There's a certain personality/acting type that Disney goes for, and you can usually still see it in former Disney stars even after they grow up.

Yes, thank you. I think that's exactly the vibe I'm getting from him. Like I keep expecting him to break into song and dance or something a la high school musical, though I thought he was ok today, lol.

3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I wonder if Chanel is just lost or has been like abducted or something?

Maybe she couldn't take Julie anymore and escaped...

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

I did rather enjoy scenes today :)  Julie & her over-the-top attempt to entertain Johnny & Chanel...charades?!  And Tom left some cognac at the cabin?!   Johnny & Chanel looked cute in the over sized clothes that Julie found for them.  I liked the family scene with Tate & his parents at the Pub, he acted like a real Teen. And the looks Tate & Holly were giving each other were making me laugh.  I really like the spousal vibe between Nicole & EJ.  

• Like 5
  • Love 2

So how far away is Smith Island supposed to be?  I always had the impression it was only about an hour or two away.  (Given that everyone always gets there in record time, except when the ferry isn't runnting.)  But somehow, Smith Island has snow while in Salem everyone is walking around without even a jacket? 

And somehow, wood laying around in the open is dryer than the wood in the middle of a stack - you know just under the wet wood?

Yup, the continuity on this show is great as always.  It's amazing that given how riveting the plot was today, I even had time to notice.

• LOL 4
5 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

Yes, thank you. I think that's exactly the vibe I'm getting from him. Like I keep expecting him to break into song and dance or something a la high school musical, though I thought he was ok today, lol.

If we're lucky, this show will decide to utilize his karate skills. That could be awesome. This dude should have been a Power Ranger.

I do wonder if the person posting about Tate is someone that has a thing for Holly. That could be interesting.

• Useful 4

There were only two things that interested me on Monday's show and the first was the utter delight Dan F. takes in portraying EJ's assholishness.  It's one of my favorite things these days, and he's a master at it.  The sheer delight he takes in it makes it even more fun.

And the other thing is how much I detest Stefan's moustache.  It's probably just a stand in for how much I detest Stefan but MAN do I hate that moustache.

giphy.gif

Mario is sexier with it than BB will ever be.

Oh!  One last thing.  I would devotedly honor Johnnie and Chanel forever and ever if they'd locked Julie in the bedroom or drugged her food.  

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, boes said:

There were only two things that interested me on Monday's show and the first was the utter delight Dan F. takes in portraying EJ's assholishness.  It's one of my favorite things these days, and he's a master at it.  The sheer delight he takes in it makes it even more fun.

I remember when he first showed up with that nervous laugh I was really unsure about him, but he's really made the role his own. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4
(edited)

Some weird stuff in today's episode...

-Nicole's been looking after Holly for "a year"? Shouldn't that be "all year", since she only got sick on January 1?

-Isn't it a stretch for Nicole to personally dislike Stefan since Holly never said she got the drugs from him, and he's hardly the first or only drug dealer to operate in Salem?

-Chad interviewing EJ about their family, even though it was called-out in the dialogue, is weird as hell. Chad was never a reporter for one thing, and for another, he had to know EJ wouldn't answer his stupid question. The DiMeras all bail each other out.

-Why did Julie and Johnny think letting Paulina leave voicemails would be worse than answering her calls? She called THREE TIMES IN THIRTY MINUTES. Let the voicemail deal with her annoying ass.

-Since when is an intelligent 20-something year old woman incapable of walking through the snow for half an hour without killing herself? It's insane that they were panicking this much.

On a separate note, Stefan as played by BB has never, ever been threatening or intimidating. His "surprising" escape from justice was in no way a shocker because when he walks up I always expect him to ask me to pass him a beer. He can't make a big "villain entrance" because he's not a compelling villain. He can frown all he likes, but I still just see a Jake...not a Stefan. Can we please let this character go already?

I will say, on the plus side, as much as everyone rags on her, I am glad to see Julie getting a fun misadventure storyline. She's a veteran character who tends to pop up here and there, and rarely get anything of substance to do. She shouldn't have intruded on the honeymoon, but it's nice to see her being Julie and having a life.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 5
  • Love 4

Paulina is an awful person. She is potentially putting every vulnerable person at risk she runs into. How on earth does she think she is going to make it to the island when a snow plough can't (although we know she will) and that she will find Chanel when her husband is right there looking?

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Chad covered up Stefan crimes himself because of nepotism, what is he attacking EJ for doing the same thing. 

Stefan of course gets off free. I can't stand him, I miss Jake. 

I miss Paulina not being able to talk. 

Why would Julie answer the phone and why is Paulina calling her daughter so much on her honeymoon. 

• Like 5

I am enjoying Julie's scenes at the cabin, especially when she had the 2 cell phones up to her ears & was trying to talk to Paulina & Doug at the same time...that made me laugh out loud.  Johnny looks cute in his winter coat.  

• Like 4