Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

Nice to see you actually using your kitchen Chanel, but all this time out on the bench or in the kitchen with no other employees around means your shop is totally getting robbed.

They rebuilt the Horton House fast! Wow.

Julie, I'll bet a sledgehammer would open that box. Or just use Brady's head.

Chad, if your whining conjures up Abifail again, I'm going to put you in her grave. She was a bad match for you. She was a completely manipulative uninteresting loon. Her murder at Clyde's hand was fitting. Shut up and find someone else. We can't handle more awful characters right now!!

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

If Julie needs a young Horton eyes why isn't she asking a Horton? FaceTime Ciara or Claire, call over Sarah.  Stephanie isn't a Horton. 

I took the kids to Kiriakas mansion for Easter? Huh where are they living then?

So evil Bobby is in Everett's memories? DID story?

Lots of Abby talk today. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

All I got from today's show was one more iteration of Chad's "I miss Abby" lament.  Change the record, Chad, we've heard that tune.

Besides, Chad's "missing Abigail" is about as convincing to me as if Chad was "missing herpes".  At least there's a vaccine for that.

• LOL 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, boes said:

All I got from today's show was one more iteration of Chad's "I miss Abby" lament.  Change the record, Chad, we've heard that tune.

Besides, Chad's "missing Abigail" is about as convincing to me as if Chad was "missing herpes".  At least there's a vaccine for that.

As brilliant as Billy's acting can be at times, there are others in which he comes off like he's lacking.  This was one of those times.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 5
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

He's probably wondering why worshipping Abby has to be his character's sole reason for existing. The rest of us sure are.

I get that Abigail was basically disliked here, but objectively speaking, she was his wife.  He's got a right to mourn her.

And it's not as though he just lives for her.  He lives for Thomas and Charlotte, too.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Rodney said:

I get that Abigail was basically disliked here, but objectively speaking, she was his wife.  He's got a right to mourn her.

And it's not as though he just lives for her.  He lives for Thomas and Charlotte, too.

And his tight suit pants.  He lives for them.  Or is that just me?

• LOL 9
15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

He's probably wondering why worshipping Abby has to be his character's sole reason for existing. The rest of us sure are.

Which is funny since he seemed to care more about that pairing than either of the Abigails did. I personally would prefer Chad stay a single dad for a while until they get it right but at the same time who knows how long Days will last especially with that lawsuit.

• Like 4
On 3/30/2024 at 8:50 AM, brisbydog said:

Known only to Steve and John. They were pissed but it got forgotten as they had to rescue Tripp and Wendy 

Still on my catchup marathon, but apparently, Marlena knows, too.

29 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Which is funny since he seemed to care more about that pairing than either of the Abigails did. I personally would prefer Chad stay a single dad for a while until they get it right but at the same time who knows how long Days will last especially with that lawsuit.

Kate didn't care, no, but I'm pretty sure that Marci did.  She always went for it in their scenes.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Still on my catchup marathon, but apparently, Marlena knows, too.

Kate didn't care, no, but I'm pretty sure that Marci did.  She always went for it in their scenes.

I meant their investment in the Chabby pairing in general. Although I do think Marci cared more than Kate. Yet I preferred Chabby with Kate at least in 2014-2016. I stopped caring after Kate left the first time. They domesticated them too soon tbh.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Dear God show! I’m begging you PLEASE FIRE JACKEE!😡😩

You didn't enjoy her smirking and mugging through her scenes with gasping Dee? Didn't love another recap of the miracle that bestowed her upon us yet again?

All we missed today was chuckling Abe

• Like 2
  • Angry 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4

Marlena must have gone to hell again to have to kiss both of these clown's asses in one day.

...did she seriously say Paulina isn't annoying and is just a "great conversationalist"? With a straight face?

I laughed all throughout Dee's reaction shots. That conversation was absurd. Paulina is embarrassing.

On the other hand, I am so grateful we got Ari Zucker back so she could do what she did today. Nicole was fully a mother here for the first time: deeply concerned, furious, restrained, torn, authoritative, vulnerable..it was great. So well-written and realistic (now there's a word I don't use often with regards to this show anymore!) Since the secret came out, Nic seemed like she would roll over for Holly and she didn't. That was such a nice surprise. Her bitterness in listing Holly's misdeeds was palpable. Great job Ari. Great job Sherri and the writers. A new chapter has begun for this character. Let's hope it lasts longer than it seems it will, given everything happening right now.

Sorry to say, Holly is pretty awful, but in a way I believe a teen afraid to face the reality of the effect of her actions would be. I definitely would have rather seen some tears of shame in there, to underscore her indignation, but it was still an alright performance. Tate shouldn't be kissing her, but again...dumb teenagers. What are ya gonna do?

Great to see Lucas! This jail sentence has gone on for long enough though. Waaay too long. Can he get fully released this week? That would be nice. Kate is perfect, as always.

The real Theresa would never, EVER have anything to do with someone still involved with Kristen. Not Alex. Not Brady. Never. Not in a million years.

• Like 5
  • Applause 6

AZ really brought it today. This show showcases bad actors/actresses constantly and she saved this episode today. The rest was crap. 

• Like 8
  • Love 3

Tate is an idiot for having anything to do with Holly. He should not be kissing her or being around her. 

Holly needs to pay more doesn't she? Why was Tate arrested and send to jail for having the drugs but Holly who also has the drugs nothing?  There's kids in that house. Brady didn't acknowledge his daughter lives there? Chad's kids go and play. 

I hate Lexi for not taking her to the light. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

I just want to agree with the other posters comments about Ari Zucker's performance today...it was excellent and as "DisneyBoy" said very realistic...she was stern yet vulnerable, she reminded Holly of what the 2 of them had been thru together, and I thought the actress playing Holly did a good job of portraying a spoiled teenager.  Really strong scenes.  Ari Zucker has turned in some powerful performances recently.   Compared to the 'silly scenes" of Paulina & Marlena...good grief, those were painful to watch.  The scenes between Brady & Theresa were well done also, the characters have matured (somewhat), they did show a loving united front to their son.

• Like 7
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Compared to the 'silly scenes" of Paulina & Marlena...good grief, those were painful to watch. 

What was the point of those scenes, anyway?  They did absolutely nothing to move any storyline along so all I can think is that it was yet one more contract mandated tongue bath for JH.

I'm waiting for Paulina's picture to be hung over the Horton fireplace when Julie is done decorating.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
23 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Call me cray cray, but I think this new Tate could have made a good Christian/Evan, at least the beginning when he was pretending to be sane.

Pardon, but who is/was Christian/Evan?  

(edited)
1 hour ago, boes said:

Pardon, but who is/was Christian/Evan?  

This was a 2019 storyline. Evan was a guy who showed up as a nanny for David, Jordan Ridgeway's son that Rafe was looking after. Evan eventually starts a flirtation with Sonny and then it's revealed that Evan is really David's father. He goes nutso. Later on we learn that he is actually Orpheus's son Christian.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

Tate is so dumb not holding Holly against what she did. He tells her it's ok, no it's not.  And why is nobody locking her up? 

Everett had every right to hate on Chad over his covering up for Stefan. Everett and Xander was right to call Chad out that day. 

Stephanie just wanders all over town complaining about her love life is really annoying. 

So they call Everett to pub in middle of work day, passive aggressively attack him, he has to remind them he doesn't remember again, ask him to sign papers, he signs them and they still angry because he signed his name and not Bobby Stein. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, oftentimes said:

I already miss old Tate's nearly/perfectly symmetrical face.  New Tate looks old enough to go bar hopping with Alex.

He sure does.  In NuTate's case, the term "high school senior" can mean wayyyyyyyy more than a graduation date.  This guy is going to be receiving his AARP card along with his diploma.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
21 hours ago, Artsda said:

Tate is so dumb not holding Holly against what she did. He tells her it's ok, no it's not.  And why is nobody locking her up? 

Everett had every right to hate on Chad over his covering up for Stefan. Everett and Xander was right to call Chad out that day. 

Stephanie just wanders all over town complaining about her love life is really annoying. 

So they call Everett to pub in middle of work day, passive aggressively attack him, he has to remind them he doesn't remember again, ask him to sign papers, he signs them and they still angry because he signed his name and not Bobby Stein. 

In that regard he's just like his father if you think about it. That being said while Holly is terrible for this I admit to getting a chuckle that this is happening to Theresa. This has parallels to Jennifer/Theresa when it came to JJ.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
20 hours ago, oftentimes said:

I already miss old Tate's nearly/perfectly symmetrical face.  New Tate looks old enough to go bar hopping with Alex.

New Tate could have played the twin brothers we've never seen. Lol

• Like 4
On 4/3/2024 at 5:59 PM, brisbydog said:

Make Wendy and Tripp stop. Please. Stop. I can't anymore with them.

No, don't make them stop.  I actually thought that they were actually good, for once, on Wednesday.  And honestly, the fact that literally no one wants to have some empathy for their trauma pretty much both bewilders and disgusts me.

I thought that Victoria Grace did very well in playing out Wendy's PTSD, especially near the end of the episode.  Not all near-death experiences can easily be forgotten, and she played that well.

And I'm just going to say it.  After Victoria's performance, I hope that Goldman reemerges so that Wendy can just explode on her for the trauma she's suffering.

Yeah.  There.  I said it.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, Rodney said:

No, don't make them stop.  I actually thought that they were actually good, for once, on Wednesday.  And honestly, the fact that literally no one wants to have some empathy for their trauma pretty much both bewilders and disgusts me.

Oh no, we've been found out.  

Yup. Dat's us.  We're revolting.

giphy.gif

But you gotta admit, we're cute!

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, boes said:

Oh no, we've been found out.  

Yup. Dat's us.  We're revolting.

giphy.gif

But you gotta admit, we're cute!

Boes, you are the opposite of Tripp and Wendy: never boring. I live for your posts these days. Better than the show

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Rodney said:

I thought that Victoria Grace did very well in playing out Wendy's PTSD, especially near the end of the episode.  Not all near-death experiences can easily be forgotten, and she played that well.

And I'm just going to say it.  After Victoria's performance, I hope that Goldman reemerges so that Wendy can just explode on her for the trauma she's suffering.

Yeah.  There.  I said it.

I watched Wednesday's scenes. Usually I skip them cause they are dull as dirt. They were still dull but also cringeworthy. I am clearly a terrible person cause I felt nothing but a hope that they finally move to China and never return. I'd rather watch Paulina and Abe chuckling over those two bores.

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Wendy and Tripp are the only scenes I fast forward. Not even Paulina. 

So very dull.

Proud to be revolting, but cute. 😛

• LOL 5

I can have empathy for anyone who goes through trauma. I think we all can.

....but with the show where death is fixable by being injected once, and with a couple as mundane and unbelievable as these two are, you can't really blame people for rolling their eyes and yawning.

Seriously, I like Tripp and kinda had hope for Wendy, but there's nothing there. No chemistry. No connection. No reason to root for them. No plot contrivance keeping them together.

All I see are two actors stuck in scenes together because the producers had nothing better to do with them.

For the last few years, Ron has written this show as though mediocre couplings can magically be transformed into awesome ones so long as one or both people have their lives threatened. Somehow, he seems to think we're just going to all go "awwww, poor them - well, they're ten times more interesting now! I'm suddenly invested!"

It doesn't work that way.

You can't pull stunts or use tricks to make something work. It has to work.

They don't work.

Mainly I feel sorry for the actors, whose talents are being wasted.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I can have empathy for anyone who goes through trauma. I think we all can.

Well said.  My empathy is saved for the actors.  

These two had to try and make drama out of being kept captive inside what amounts to a giant, empty beer can, which alone starts the giggles.  As the storyline goes forward, they begin to become oxygen deprived and try to somehow make that into an emotional scene of last love.

I'm surprised that we didn't hear some ghostly, otherworldly voice declaim, "Come to the Bud Light, come to the Bud Light.........). 

But I guess Show didn't want to doubledip the death details too much since that was sorta going on over at Paulina's death bed, too.

All it made me want to do was to have a cold, frosty Blatz.

Edited by boes
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
On 4/4/2024 at 2:06 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Marlena must have gone to hell again to have to kiss both of these clown's asses in one day.

...did she seriously say Paulina isn't annoying and is just a "great conversationalist"? With a straight face?

I laughed all throughout Dee's reaction shots. That conversation was absurd. Paulina is embarrassing.

On the other hand, I am so grateful we got Ari Zucker back so she could do what she did today. Nicole was fully a mother here for the first time: deeply concerned, furious, restrained, torn, authoritative, vulnerable..it was great. So well-written and realistic (now there's a word I don't use often with regards to this show anymore!) Since the secret came out, Nic seemed like she would roll over for Holly and she didn't. That was such a nice surprise. Her bitterness in listing Holly's misdeeds was palpable. Great job Ari. Great job Sherri and the writers. A new chapter has begun for this character. Let's hope it lasts longer than it seems it will, given everything happening right now.

Sorry to say, Holly is pretty awful, but in a way I believe a teen afraid to face the reality of the effect of her actions would be. I definitely would have rather seen some tears of shame in there, to underscore her indignation, but it was still an alright performance. Tate shouldn't be kissing her, but again...dumb teenagers. What are ya gonna do?

Great to see Lucas! This jail sentence has gone on for long enough though. Waaay too long. Can he get fully released this week? That would be nice. Kate is perfect, as always.

The real Theresa would never, EVER have anything to do with someone still involved with Kristen. Not Alex. Not Brady. Never. Not in a million years.

I was very impressed with the scene of Nicole and her daughter. It was like old-school soap opera. Loved it. And then we have…… Paulina🙄

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
11 hours ago, boes said:

These two had to try and make drama out of being kept captive inside what amounts to a giant, empty beer can, which alone starts the giggles. 

Especially since (repeat #463) they were in there for DAYS (weeks?) with no bathroom.  I would think they would have passed out from the stench even before Goldman cut off their air supply - certainly NOT a good setting for romance/declarations of lasting love.

Seriously, at least when they had Ciara playing long distance Romeo and Juliet with Ben she had a bathroom.

• LOL 5
31 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Seriously, at least when they had Ciara playing long distance Romeo and Juliet with Ben she had a bathroom.

Oh lordy....I'd totally forgotten about that...because I read about it in spoilers and purposely didn't tune in that day.

Was it as unbelievably cringey as it sounded? Or hilarious?

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oh lordy....I'd totally forgotten about that...because I read about it in spoilers and purposely didn't tune in that day.

Was it as unbelievably cringey as it sounded? Or hilarious?

It was awful. The two of them reciting Shakespeare is as bad as anything you can imagine 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Kayla was MVP today. I am reminded why she was always my favourite in the Stayla pairing, going right back to 1986

Julie, tell Maggie sometime that Doug took one look at Kon and saw a 'con'. Please!

Harris and Ava are still crooks. John and Harris together was not exciting tv

Brady, Theresa, Alex time wasting while we wait for the main story to kick off, but that is still months off.

• Like 6
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Today's show featured Tripp, Wendy and Paulina. The comments here reflect the interest in that.

You forgot Ava & Clyde...but they're pretty much in the same category. Wash, rinse, repeat.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I rather enjoyed the Nicole vs Kristen confrontation. Nicole told no lies.

Xander is finally free! That was sticking in EJ's craw a bit wasn't it? When was Sarah breastfeeding and requiring cheese? I guess during that one month period they were living platonically and had separate bedrooms?

Leo's eyes bugging out over the whole Bobby Everett thing was fun. Jada instantly asking Everett to commit fraud after her lawyer consult was a choice.

Eric is trying to budget on a piece of yellow paper with no bank statements or supporting documentation and calls it a spreadsheet. Sad.

• Like 4
  • Love 5

The Kristen/Nicole Smack-Down was rather entertaining.  I did like EJ standing up for his Wife.  Being a Xander/Sarah fan, I enjoyed them being so happy & Sarah supporting Xander.

• Like 4
  • Love 5

Jada needs Marlena too, she going so over the top all the time isn't making her likeable.  Everett looking better.

Good for Xander for saving himself finding the evidence over the cops who arrested him.

The Nicole and Kristen fight was fun. 

Not looking forward to Dimera enterprises fighting again. How would Kristen be a good board choice? She's as bad as Stefan. EJ should get Chad to take over.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Not looking forward to Dimera enterprises fighting again. How would Kristen be a good board choice? She's as bad as Stefan.

Yes, round 8,324 of the revolving door that is the Dimera CEO position.  Can someone (anyone) pop up out of nowhere, claim they are a long lost Dimera and take over the company once and for all?  They can then leave Salem forever so we're NEVER subjected to this again.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
6 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Being a Xander/Sarah fan, I enjoyed them being so happy & Sarah supporting Xander.

I didn't, but different strokes, I guess.

Sorry, but I don't see what's to like about this totally nonsensical couple.  Like I said some time ago, they just kill my soul to see them together.

8 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Leo bugging out over that is something because we were subjected to Gwen calling Leo Matty for months on end.

What's wrong with that?  That was his real name.

• Like 1