Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

Speaking of mumbled words, I honestly couldn't make out much of what Roman was saying. Old age and the southern (?) accent are working against him.

It's the dentures.   Susan Seaforth posted about their last scene, we will be happy with it.  I'm going to start back, the last episode I saw was Christmas balls.  When should I start from?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, boes said:

Besides, Paulina goes under anesthesia tomorrow so there is that blessed silence to celebrate, while it lasts!

*Snort* Can we upgrade that to a coma?

I fully agree, Boes, about the Horton House set. I hope, since the fire was basically just a strip behind the couch, that the actual set was in no way harmed and will only be dressed to look "burned" in the episodes to come. There's no good reason to mess with it.

And really, when was the last time we saw a good new set built on this show? Do they even have set designers anymore? Or do stagehands just figure out for themselves how to manoeuver the same six walls to make something sorta kinda newish, like kids rebuilding a cardboard dollhouse?

So many of the sets today lack any kind of fun perspective, or visual trickery. It's all just little boxes with doors. Unfortunate.

We had it so good in the '90s didn't we?

• Like 3
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

*Snort* Can we upgrade that to a coma?

I fully agree, Boes, about the Horton House set. I hope, since the fire was basically just a strip behind the couch, that the actual set was in no way harmed and will only be dressed to look "burned" in the episodes to come. There's no good reason to mess with it.

And really, when was the last time we saw a good new set built on this show? Do they even have set designers anymore? Or do stagehands just figure out for themselves how to manoeuver the same six walls to make something sorta kinda newish, like kids rebuilding a cardboard dollhouse?

So many of the sets today lack any kind of fun perspective, or visual trickery. It's all just little boxes with doors. Unfortunate.

We had it so good in the '90s didn't we?

Even the 00s sets on this show were better

• Like 3

I just realized...Sheri missed a golden opportunity for Julie to invite Paulina, BenAlex, Gwenresa, Leo, Wendy, Ava, Harris and Kristen to her place for a sleepover while she and Doug treated Chad and the kids to a night out at the Salem Inn.

Imagine the tears if none of the guests managed to get out.

• LOL 3
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I just realized...Sheri missed a golden opportunity for Julie to invite Paulina, BenAlex, Gwenresa, Leo, Wendy, Ava, Harris and Kristen to her place for a sleepover while she and Doug treated Chad and the kids to a night out at the Salem Inn.

Imagine the tears if none of the guests managed to get out.

I definitely wouldn't shed any tears at this point if Theresa were to die in that fire. She's basically ruined beyond repair and there is no way the writers can possibly salvage her at this rate. It's not like she's ever likely going to come back to show ever again after her latest storyline is over anyway. 

• Like 2

Am I supposed to believe that Ava and Harris have some sort of transcendent love for each other? In an episode where Xander and Sarah finally got it together after 14 months apart, Ava pretending that she has a real thing with Harris fell flat

Female cop has hurt her arm; I think she was the Lucas shooter. Stefan is clearly, to me, the Harris shooter and used his new Xander intel to set him up (Xander has awful luck with Dimeras, I hope Chad breaks the pattern).

Don't know about anybody else but I am sick of Clyde being some sort of God of Prison who can hack phones, order hits, scare Mob Princesses and Dimeras into submission, and keep an unconcealed cell phone on his person at all times to communicate with his outside source (probably Everett). Just throw him into Max Security with Dimitri already. Better yet, give him Dimitri's spot and bring him back for me to look at.

I'm seeing a lot of people complaining that Xander did not give consent and Sarah was assaulting him. Look, she was coming on strong but the man is about three times her size and if he did not want things to happen, they wouldn't have.

• Like 4
  • Love 7

Well, for me, as a Xarah fan, I enjoyed their Sexy time today, unlike some other recent Sexy scenes by couples who have no chemistry.  I am very upset that Xander is going to be framed for all this.   Stefan was acting really nervous & 'squirrly" today...I think he is behind it all, maybe as a way to get Clyde to help him get Gabi out of prison?   Thomas & Charlotte were trying hard to look scared but at times they seemed to slightly smile.  At least Wendy is doing something useful now.  That one woman cop(Goldman?) is acting very suspicious.

• Like 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Phebemarie said:

Not cool that the Horton house was destroyed. 

I wonder when this was filmed and if it was around the time the whole Alarr scandal was exposed. This was his parting gift. I mean when Julie said the ornaments couldn't be saved, I'm like wow they really were sending a message here.

I am glad they had Maggie take them in though because she's always going to be a Horton at heart even if she was married to Victor this past decade. Plus Maggie/Julie's friendship needs to be featured a lot more on this show they go back at least 50 years.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I wonder when this was filmed and if it was around the time the whole Alarr scandal was exposed. This was his parting gift. I mean when Julie said the ornaments couldn't be saved, I'm like wow they really were sending a message here.

What??

...woah. I figured this would be a minor fire and we'd see the house again in a month. The whole house is gone? AND the ornaments?

That's awful :(

(The real ornaments are safe IRL of course.)

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

The ornaments are gone?  If the show destroys that history everyone involved needs to be fired. 

Julie referenced it but the ornaments can always be redone. However they made it a point to say everything is gone 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 1
(edited)

They made a point at Christmas to talk about how the ornaments were stored in the basement, so I'm thinking those are going to be discovered and recovered in decent condition.

Hopefully, no matter how it's being described, the whole house wasn't destroyed and more items will be found and saved.

Utterly STUPID ratings grab stunt IMO and Show was idiotic to buy into it.  Wanna burn something down, then go light a match to that horrendous redo of the DiMera mansion.

Edited by boes
  • Like 9
  • LOL 2

I enjoyed the Valentine show, especially the romantic flashbacks.  Steve & Kayla's wedding on the yacht is one of my all time favorite soap weddings & it brought tears to my eyes.  I loved that Kayla got her voice back.  Stephanie was sweet with her parents.  I loved Steve's T-shirt that said "No Regrets" with a cat wearing a Patch :)  I did not understand the scene with Alex & Theresa joining Jarlena for a romantic brunch...when are they such good friends?  Loved the early scenes of John & Marlena.  Johnny & Chanel's wedding was sweet but kind of bland, of course it was in a hospital room.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I enjoyed the Valentine show, especially the romantic flashbacks.  Steve & Kayla's wedding on the yacht is one of my all time favorite soap weddings & it brought tears to my eyes.  I loved that Kayla got her voice back.  Stephanie was sweet with her parents.  I loved Steve's T-shirt that said "No Regrets" with a cat wearing a Patch :)  I did not understand the scene with Alex & Theresa joining Jarlena for a romantic brunch...when are they such good friends?  Loved the early scenes of John & Marlena.  Johnny & Chanel's wedding was sweet but kind of bland, of course it was in a hospital room.

Theresa once clubbed John over the head with a poker, put him in a coma, and framed Brady for it. Therefore they love her like a daughter

11 hours ago, boes said:

They made a point at Christmas to talk about how the ornaments were stored in the basement, so I'm thinking those are going to be discovered and recovered in decent condition.

Hopefully, no matter how it's being described, the whole house wasn't destroyed and more items will be found and saved.

Utterly STUPID ratings grab stunt IMO and Show was idiotic to buy into it.  Wanna burn something down, then go light a match to that horrendous redo of the DiMera mansion.

It was a real life issue, the set was falling apart and they had to renovate it and start over

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

They should've had Johnny/Chanel having the picnic with John/Marlena instead of Alex/Theresa. Since Johnny/Chanel were getting married after circling back to one another because of John/Marlena to begin with. 

This is the most I have liked Stephanie since this version of the character returned. She's better in family stories and I don't get why they didn't have her involved in that before throwing her with a love interest.

• Like 5

Stephanie should know better than to bust into someone’s bedroom on Valentine’s Day especially if the someone’s are Steve and his sweetness.  Loved their flashback to their first wedding.  It was so romantic 🥰🥰.  
Johnny and Chanel’s wedding boring.   Where’s Sami bursting in yelling get away from my son ! Or Allie coming in to ask for channel back .  A unknown baby for Johnny?   Salem slipping.  
    Alex was acting so weird.    He wasn’t hungry for the breakfast Teresa made him but thought it was a great idea to sit and eat at John and Marlena romantic picnic.  
john was so charming at the picnic.  I really like him in those scenes saying they were not looking back and making new memories.  Their flashbacks were very sweet as well,

I felt so unromantic when I saw the rose pedals on Kayla’s bed and thought great who is going to pick that up.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
10 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I did not understand the scene with Alex & Theresa joining Jarlena for a romantic brunch..

My little logistical brain was too stuck on the idea that if it is picnic for TWO, why were there extra plates, forks and glasses?  Why would they have extras?  Seriously, no one does that.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, BoredAtHome said:

PAULINA! Do NOT call an audible at a wedding! What is wrong with you?!?

Oh, so many things are wrong with her, so many, many, many things.

I watched most of Steve and Kayla but that.was.IT.  Today's show was too gruesome for me.  I can only take so much horror.

John setting up his romantic "let's get pneumonia together" picnic in a snow covered park in February in the midwest.  An Uber should have shown up unexpectedly and taken them both for an involuntary commitment at Bay View.  

Then Johnnie and Chanel started off their marriage on two wrong feet by having it in Paulina's hospital room with Abe officiating.  All anyone could hear was Paulina huffing and Abe puffing.  They're all doomed.

I guess the marriage brunch is going to be green jello for everyone.  A nice wedding present from the staff might be putting Paulina in a week long coma so the couple can go on a honeymoon and not be bothered.

I was so hoping Alex and Theresa were going to go ice skating and there would be an unfortunate crack in the ice and all that would be recovered would be her wig and his fur thong.

I'd rather watch Freddie Krueger visit Salem than take yet another trip down memory lane with RoboMar and Jawn.  I finally know what true horror is.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, boes said:

Oh, so many things are wrong with her, so many, many, many things.

I watched most of Steve and Kayla but that.was.IT.  Today's show was too gruesome for me.  I can only take so much horror.

John setting up his romantic "let's get pneumonia together" picnic in a snow covered park in February in the midwest.  An Uber should have shown up unexpectedly and taken them both for an involuntary commitment at Bay View.  

Then Johnnie and Chanel started off their marriage on two wrong feet by having it in Paulina's hospital room with Abe officiating.  All anyone could hear was Paulina huffing and Abe puffing.  They're all doomed.

I guess the marriage brunch is going to be green jello for everyone.  A nice wedding present from the staff might be putting Paulina in a week long coma so the couple can go on a honeymoon and not be bothered.

I was so hoping Alex and Theresa were going to go ice skating and there would be an unfortunate crack in the ice and all that would be recovered would be her wig and his fur thong.

I'd rather watch Freddie Krueger visit Salem than take yet another trip down memory lane with RoboMar and Jawn.  I finally know what true horror is.

Never stop posting boes. You are my person.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

Chanel looked so pretty in her wedding dress.  

That she did.  Chanel has become one of my favorites, both character and actress.

• Like 10
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 2/14/2024 at 11:04 AM, brisbydog said:

Theresa once clubbed John over the head with a poker, put him in a coma, and framed Brady for it. Therefore they love her like a daughter

HAHAHA :) See, I don't mind it now that it's the awful Gwenresa incarnation. Tear her to shreds! (Still love JL)

Brady's rejection of Kristen as a nasty human being is only...oh...12 years too late? I loved him and Eileen together, but yeah, where was ANY of this awareness back when Kristen was first doing it all Brady? Back when you kept on sleeping with her no matter how insane she was...?

I don't enjoy SH as Kristen much, but she was really strong in today's episode, playing all the demented beats of her character. We saw sad lonely Kristen, hoping for a magic fix with Brady just because it was Valentine's Day, uncomfortable Kristen being reminded of her many shocking sins and unable to even buy her own BS excuses, jealous Kristen at the mention of Theresa (more on that in a second), conflicted Kristen when Rachel overheard the fight, and manipulative Kristen, trying to vie for her daughter's sympathies while "consoling" her.

I doubt SH really respects or enjoys Kristen as a human being (who could?) so it was impressive that she found a way to live each of those sides of her personality in the scenes today. I felt all of it, and a lot of regret and shame. It was a solid performance and an interesting epilogue to the years of abuses. But...where is it going? Brady has clearly lost Rachel in every way possible, Kristen will never get him back...so....can we just end this now? Let Kristen and Rachel depart for real?

So back to Theresa...how in God's name is Brady tolerating even speaking with Kristen about Theresa? The show's writers seem to want to gloss over the magnitude of how Kristen violated Theresa. They even cautiously referenced it without saying "you had a medical procedure performed on Theresa!" It's like somehow they want us to forget the details, even when bringing it up...

Little Rachel was pretty good, but unfortunately, she has a tendency to smile/smirk when she thinks she's doing well in her scenes. Today she didn't get believably upset with Brady, and beamed weirdly when Kristen hugged her, even though she was supposed to be hurt by her parents arguing. Oh well. Still like her overall.

It's strange. I know Xander is also an awful person who did awful things, but when I see Sarah believing in him, and not telling him to kick rocks, and then see Brady not believing in Kristen and telling her to kick rocks...I'm nodding at both scenes. Guess Telfer has more presence and likeabilty.

Stephanie, you haven't been paying attention if you think Rafe is a funny guy.

Ava, I do not feel sorry for you. You and Stefan will probably sleep together some more, and Harris will probably be fine, and whatever, whatever, etc, etc.

I missed parts of yesterday's episode, but liked how cute John and Marlena looked in their red outfits...until I realized the show was putting two 70 year olds at an outdoor picnic table in FEBRUARY. WTF?!? How is freezing your geriatric ass off romantic, John? There was snow and ice all around. Dude...!?!?!

Also, within five minutes we had two completely different status updates for Chad's kids. First he says they wanted to go to school for V Day stuff, then we had Justin saying Doug was looking after them at the Kiriakis house. Huh?

9 hours ago, brisbydog said:

OH shit. I'm losing it.

SPOT ON, man. Spot on!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 2
  • LOL 4
20 hours ago, tribeca said:

Johnny and Chanel’s wedding boring.   Where’s Sami bursting in yelling get away from my son ! Or Allie coming in to ask for channel back .  A unknown baby for Johnny?   Salem slipping.  

Nobody would bother getting within ten feet of Paulina, even with her vocal power diminished.

I would pay good money to see Sami mess her up though.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

Jada is an idiot if she doesn't see Xander is framed. 2 guilty people she lets walk out but Xander has to stay in jail. 

Good for Sarah actually believing in Xander this time and not jumping to thinking he was guilty.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Artsda said:

Jada is an idiot if she doesn't see Xander is framed. 2 guilty people she lets walk out but Xander has to stay in jail. 

Good for Sarah actually believing in Xander this time and not jumping to thinking he was guilty.

Why would Jada be an idiot for not instantly assuming Xander is being framed? Ordinarily, I'd say who would be stupid enough to keep the murder weapon, but given Xander's long history of being a thug/criminal and a dunderhead, I would understand the police not giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Sarah would have every right to question this. I think she's a bit of an idiot to believe him right away because he's been good with Victoria. The last time Xander was guilty of a crime (kidnapping two women because he was too incompetent to find gainful employment), Sarah figured out what he was up to, and Xander not only repeatedly lied to her but made Sarah feel like a traitor for not believing in him.

• Like 7
13 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Why would Jada be an idiot for not instantly assuming Xander is being framed? Ordinarily, I'd say who would be stupid enough to keep the murder weapon, but given Xander's long history of being a thug/criminal and a dunderhead, I would understand the police not giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Sarah would have every right to question this. I think she's a bit of an idiot to believe him right away because he's been good with Victoria. The last time Xander was guilty of a crime (kidnapping two women because he was too incompetent to find gainful employment), Sarah figured out what he was up to, and Xander not only repeatedly lied to her but made Sarah feel like a traitor for not believing in him.

Well, Jada knows they have bad cops on the force, and it stretches credibility that Xander would leave an incriminating phone right by the body and the murder weapon lying around his flat. Jada should be questioning that it's a bit too easy.

As for Sarah, they have spent months reestablishing them as friends. Xander was even literally running from sex with her because he's terrified of making mistakes. Also she frisked him before and after he left, she knows he had no gun on him lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

Today's show had a classic Friday Cliffhanger!  Loved the look of shock on Jada's face & Everett looked confused.   Ohhh...the 'bad cop" made her move!   Teresa was funny at dinner, looking in the flower vase for the ring :)  The GeoCaching looked fun even tho I have never heard of it before(but I'm old :)

• Like 5
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Do you want a list?  That cop is walking around obviously wounded and she hasn't seen it while knowing there have dirty cops. 

The witness they needed is shot by that cop. Same cop finds Xanders phone, same cop comes in with the gun. 

Ava claims she didn't send text. 

Xander claims he didn't send text.  There was no gun before Xander and Sarah went to the police station then suddenly that cop finds one.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
On 2/16/2024 at 8:52 PM, Artsda said:

Do you want a list?  That cop is walking around obviously wounded and she hasn't seen it while knowing there have dirty cops. 

The witness they needed is shot by that cop. Same cop finds Xanders phone, same cop comes in with the gun. 

Ava claims she didn't send text. 

Xander claims he didn't send text.  There was no gun before Xander and Sarah went to the police station then suddenly that cop finds one.  

Xander looked mad when Jada produced the gun. He was confused before but now he knows he's being set up.

• Like 7

I agree! Never enjoyed Paulina more!

I'm always thrown when the actors sing on DAYS because you never know what genre it'll be. Johnny is Country Western, apparently.

Jada is a bad cop if this is how she reacts to someone lying about who they are. Doesn't that happen regularly? Get it together, girl.

And Rafe, LET HER go do research at the station if she wants to. Why not solve this immediately? I don't see the point in drawing this out.

I'm so glad we finally know who Katerina is. Feel bad for Maggie though.

That nurse dayplayer was living her best life with every line of dialogue 😄 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I agree! Never enjoyed Paulina more!

I'm always thrown when the actors sing on DAYS because you never know what genre it'll be. Johnny is Country Western, apparently.

Jada is a bad cop if this is how she reacts to someone lying about who they are. Doesn't that happen regularly? Get it together, girl.

And Rafe, LET HER go do research at the station if she wants to. Why not solve this immediately? I don't see the point in drawing this out.

That nurse dayplayer was living her best life with every line of dialogue 😄 

Well considering this involves a man she was once married to; I am giving her some leeway here. 

• Like 10

What are the odds Paulina lets out a huge belch and feels fine after that? lol

4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I must have missed it. Who is she?

• LOL 3
35 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Konstantin's daughter who died somehow. I missed the details because I've got a cold and am dozing throughout the day.

John killed her as the pawn and Kon blames him despite knowing John is not in control when pawned.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4

Paulina demands they save her a piece of cake

Jada reminded me of her sister when Thalía was with the creepy dude.  I don’t know if Everett is Bobby but it did feel like he was gas lighting.   
poor Rafe with his new sheriff badge he just wanted a nice Valentine’s Day. 
  Tripp doesn’t seem like the type to be late to work.  Was surprised Kayla wasn’t worried earlier. 
Hopefully Paulina’s is okay 

• Like 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Konstantin's daughter who died somehow. I missed the details because I've got a cold and am dozing throughout the day.

Oh, I thought we knew that already? I thought maybe it had been revealed that she was someone who had been on the show before a long time ago. They showed her picture today but I wasn't paying attention to it and I thought it must have been some big revelation that his daughter was a former character on the show, lol.

Edited by Giuseppe
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
47 minutes ago, Giuseppe said:

Oh, I thought we knew that already? I thought maybe it had been revealed that she was someone who had been on the show before a long time ago. They showed her picture today but I wasn't paying attention to it and I thought it must have been some big revelation that his daughter was a former character on the show, lol.

Apparently, I wasn't paying attention either because I totally missed any previous mention of a daughter or John being responsible for her death.  Likely because I forwarded through most of last week's episodes.   

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

What are the odds Paulina lets out a huge belch and feels fine after that? lol

I bet that's how Abe gets his memory back!!  If she farts at the same time, he'll probably be gifted with psychic powers.

With all the troubles and travails currently afflicting Salem, was it really necessary for Johnnie pull out his geetar and start twanging away like he was Gene Autry passing time till his colonoscopy?

Haven't we suffered enough?

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Johnny  and channel didn't have to pay for hire a band rent a hall or pay for a wedding cake.   That’s a wedding on a budget.  

Which wasn't neccesary as both their parents are filthy rich.

• Like 7
(edited)

Paulina should put some of that cash to use on a decorator for that hideous apartment of hers then.

And maybe an alternate wig.

Does someone else in the family get to be interim mayor now that Paulina is indisposed? Maybe Big Mama?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6
(edited)

Could they be projecting any harder that Stefan shot Harris? Also, I guess nobody knows Xander was arrested for the shooting yet. Given it is still Valentine's day I guess that is why, otherwise Ava would be down at the cop shop screaming at him.

Who is running DiMera?

Of interest to me was that Alex hasn't got the money yet? That is interesting. Guess there is a lot of legalize before it transfers. Good news for Xander.

And Theresa can't even say she loves Alex cause she doesn't. It is all about the money. 

Marlena sure hightailed it fast over to see her crush BenAlex 

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

We've had a Katerina before, it was the real name of Carly Manning.  I wondered for a bit if they were doing a retcon but that definitely wasn't her.  I don't think she was a part of the show.

Is Xander accused of doing all the crimes, aka the whole St. Valentine's Massacre?  Didn't the all occur at the same time?  Or do they only care about Harris?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
28 minutes ago, oceanblue said:

We've had a Katerina before, it was the real name of Carly Manning.  I wondered for a bit if they were doing a retcon but that definitely wasn't her.  I don't think she was a part of the show.

Is Xander accused of doing all the crimes, aka the whole St. Valentine's Massacre?  Didn't the all occur at the same time?  Or do they only care about Harris?

Yes. They are reusing the name, despite there being plenty of other Greek names for women. Stefano called Kate Katerina too

Xander is only being accused of shooting Harris. The three crimes happened simultaneously. I bet Jada will be interested to find out Everett Bobby was one of only 4 people to know Lucas' location 

• Like 7