Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Flipping the Pieces

• Start Topic

Mabel’s incident on the subway leads her to gain help from an unlikely ally. Their journey takes them to a legendary amusement park which turns out to be full of terror — while amusements and evidence reside back in the Arconia with Charles and Oliver.

Available 8/2

So the Schuyler sister was Peggy, right?

Martin Short sealed another Emmy nomination with that perjury conversation, and then mouthing "I don't."  And it wouldn't have been perjury, since neither were under oath.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Damn, after being so use to him as Hiram on Riverdale, it was crazy seeing Mark Consuelos on a show that is actually good instead of... whatever Riverdale is classified as now (in his defense, he was still one of the best things about it.)  He really made the most of his screen time here and the flashbacks with him and Young Mabel really landed.  Shows why Mabel is the way she is on a lot of levels.  The whole thing just worked spectacularly for me.

The Mabel/Theo duo ended up being pretty good too.  Theo is clearly an imperfect character who has done regrettable things he should (and probably will) answer for, but I think they did a good job establishing that he isn't a horrible human being and is capable of redemption.  He at least has shown true guilt over what happened with Zoey: although I think the flashback last season did a solid job establishing that her death was likely a combination of both of them being aggressive with one another and forgetting how close they were to edge of the roof.  Because of this, I can buy Mabel warming up to him at the end.  Impressed the show pulled it off like it did.

Glad to see Detective Williams again and her reactions to all of Charles and Oliver's hilariously bad attempts to avoid suspicion.  And then there was Oliver helping with the baby.  Really shows that even if Will ends up not being his biological son, he really did raise him.  Martin Short killed it here.

Totally want to know about Oliver's production of 12 Angry Men with women.  Especially whichever future Hamilton actress was in it.  Was it Renee Elise Goldsberry?!  Phillipa Soo?! Jasmine Cephas Jones?!

"Text communication."  Oh, Charles!  At least Oliver is all about them memes now!

Charles and Oliver's concern for Mabel and the group hug at the end was great.  They really are an awesome, weird little family now!

Excellent episode!

• Like 2
  • Love 21

I'm glad to see Detective WIlliams back, but other than that, I didn't really like this episode. It felt like someone said "hey! that episode with no sound we did last season created a lot of buzz, let's do another!" We still don't know anything, & there's only 3 episodes left. Time to move the plot along, I don't want everything info dumped episode 10.

• Like 2

"Like I don't know fucking chorus line".

She killed it. Lol.

I think Lucy is never really taking the train and is just hanging around the passageways of the Arconia.

Edited by sjankis630
Forgot something
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10

I liked Mabel's reaction to "glitter" in ASL and Det. Williams saying "Like I don't fuckin' know Chorus Line?!?!" That was fun.

Not quite sure how you go to an amusement park that apparently has dozens of security staff who don't seem to actually work there. Mabel and Theo were poking around for however long and then charged Theo's ankle monitor for an hour and then more running around before the killer showed up. And of course in true horror movie fashion they have an opportunity to see the killer's face but they somehow manage not to.

I'm also not clear on why the killer came to the park, did some disposing of evidence/cleaning of glitter, went elsewhere for a couple of hours and then came back.

Also doesn't an ankle monitor keep you confined to a specific place? Or are there now modern ones that let you roam as you please so long as your location is being broadcast to the authorities at all times?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I think Glitter guy couldn't find his badge -Mabel has it - and maybe went back to his job to search for it/get a replacement.

He also doesn't seem to be hurt too much since he can still run but it will be difficult for him to hide those wounds.

I guess Nina's fiance is not glitter guy as I can't see him having to moonlight as a security guard at Coney Island.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, dwmarch said:

Also doesn't an ankle monitor keep you confined to a specific place? Or are there now modern ones that let you roam as you please so long as your location is being broadcast to the authorities at all times?

You shouldn't be allowed to roam around. You're supposed to make a weekly schedule with your PO about where you  going to be and when. It certainly does not include trips to Coney Island.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

The scene with Oliver demonstrating how to help a baby relieve himself of gas, and the scenes of Mabel's father dying of cancer were amazingly realistic with a minimal amount of screen time. And both served to further develop the main characters of Mabel and Oliver, who were lacking some backstory. 

Also amazingly realistic was the portrayal of someone whose primary means of communicating is ASL with someone who does not know ASL, which probably happens a lot more than we see on TV, which Mabel hung a lantern on with her remark about how on TV deaf people read lips perfectly.
--Except, I guess Mabel knows "Thank you." Mabel probably picked up a bit from Zoe, but that was 10 years ago.

If Will is going to turn out to be Teddy's son, is there a chance Theo is Oliver's son? 
--We did get the orgy word last week (IIRC) from Oliver.
--And Theo would really like to be a part of a little family like Oliver, Charles, and Mabel.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12

46a0fdf2c6d70e1576be364ace30d593.jpg
omitb_207_cb_00225rt.jpg

I am surprised that Theo has another place to live, it certainly didn't seem that way in Season 1, since he was wandering the halls of the Arconia, spying on Charles, but if he has been avoiding his father, I guess he would have to.

Mabel had plenty of evidence of who she stabbed from the blood on her coat. The person stole her bag with her phone in it, she could have tracked it or still could track the phone to see where it has been.

It seemed like Mabel had completely changed her outfit, but I guess that is what she was wearing under her coat, then she took Theo's coat and looked completely different.

I am surprised that they didn't use a cell phone to translate everything that Mabel says into text for Theo to read while she talks. Between that and the lip reading, Theo should have been able to understand everything Mabel said.

Mabel yells for Theo when the Coney Island security guard is chasing her. Good writing, making Mabel do something in the moment that makes sense, while forgetting that Theo can't hear her yelling.

Theo pulling out that ring from no where (especially in that way) seemed like a moment that could only have worked on a TV show.

I am surprised that Detective Williams wasn't studying the "Murder Board" intensely, it would have been funny if it mentioned all the stuff they were hiding like the painting, the bloody knife, the secret passages, the bloody matchbook, the glitter bomb, Lucy potentially being there, seeing or hearing the murder/murderer (I am not that they know that one).

I hope the blackout of the entire city isn't related to the murder or any of the stuff happening on the show, that would be a little much to swallow.

It would have been funny if someone had some video of Theo abducting Mabel off of the subway after the stabbing incident. It would have been hilarious if Charles and Oliver thought that Mabel was kidnapped by Theo.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, grandmabegum said:

You shouldn't be allowed to roam around. You're supposed to make a weekly schedule with your PO about where you  going to be and when. It certainly does not include trips to Coney Island.

But he's not on parole.  He and Teddy are out on bail.  Since Teddy has money, I imagine the ankle monitor is there to prevent them from fleeing the jurisdiction but doesn't restrict their movements within that specific area. 

I had a hard time with the lip reading stuff since they were so often side-by-side instead of head on.  And I imagine Mabel's lips might be difficult to read given how her mouth doesn't seem to move that much when she speaks.  But I really enjoyed them together. 

I had to laugh at the empty theme park bit, though.  It's amazing how often people in movies and TV can easily get into a closed theme park with no one around.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

I had to laugh at the empty theme park bit, though.  It's amazing how often people in movies and TV can easily get into a closed theme park with no one around.

Oh, Wally World.

Edited by grandmabegum
  • Love 2

Of all people, I would not have expected Theo to help Mabel. The scene of Mabel shouting for Theo and forgetting he can't hear her was realistic, and I like how Mabel thought the sign for "glitter" was fun. Once again someone manages to not see the (probable) killer's face even when they're that close. Mabel lost the matchbook, but she does have all the employee files that she and Theo took. Not sure why the killer has a picture of Lucy, but  I'm betting they're going after her and are going to hold her hostage to get the trio to turn over evidence or something. Not sure if the killer caused the blackout somehow or if it's just a coincidence and terrible timing.

Mabel's backstory about her father dying is really sad. I can see how she would repress traumatizing moments after that. And now we know that Mabel didn't actually stab Bunny, the knitting needle was already there. No clarity on "fourteen" and "savage" though.

Charles and Oliver are the worst under pressure. They really thought Detective Williams wouldn't be able to hear them through the bathroom door. I thought for sure she'd hear them opening and closing the passage door and go look at it. Oliver helping her baby was really cute. Regardless of weather Will turns out to be his biological son or not, Oliver really loves him.

• Like 4
  • Love 9
39 minutes ago, phalange said:

Mabel lost the matchbook, but she does have all the employee files that she and Theo took.

Based on my degree from L&O, the Coney Island Security Employee files are the product of Breaking and Entering, so Detective Williams does not need a warrant to get them admitted into evidence. 

39 minutes ago, phalange said:

Regardless of weather Will turns out to be his biological son or not, Oliver really loves him.

Yes, but Oliver is always performing, and even his most sensitive responses to the needs of others invariably serve to make himself look better.

Although, maybe Oliver is just hiding his genuine feelings for others underneath his act?

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

The weakest episode of the season, felt like they were dragging the story.
Maybe it is also that I can't stand of Mabel's monotonous and almost emotionless voice and she didn't stop talking in this one. I don't know if it's the actress, haven't watched her in anything else, but it is so annoying.

Edited by Zaffy
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

I was very glad to see Theo's role expanded. Although the seventh episode of season 2 was not as strong as the seventh one from season 1—The Boy from 6B—it still was a treat to see Theo interacting with someone other than his father in this episode. 

Was also very glad to see the Detective back again with her son Keith. Guess she won the name battle.  LOL.  Although he looked to be at least 3-4 months old and not that much time has passed since we saw her episode with her wife. 

Good  to see some backstory on Mabel's life pre-Hardy boys. Losing her father that way at such a young age is traumatic. Although, I'm not sure who thought it was a good idea for her father to leave his family and fight the cancer on his own. That seemed unnecessary.

Alas, there was no resolution to Oliver's DNA tests, we didn't get to see the glitter person's face, and we still do not know who texted Charles and Oliver to get out of the building. Could it have been Lucy? We haven't seen her with a burner phone, and Charles seemed to know her number. 

And what happened to Mabel's gorgeous white coat?  Did I miss seeing it at Theo's place? It has blood on it from glitter person. Wouldn't that count as evidence?  

Oh well. Now it's another loooong wait til episode 8. 

• Love 11

Watching this episode, the casting people did a great job. For some strange reason, I really noticed how much Theo and Teddy resemble each other. Maybe it's because Theo's wearing a hat. I never thought Theo was a bad guy, just born to a crappy dad and with horrible luck. 

And little Keith is adorable, but definitely not under 3 months old (length of maternity leave in New York)

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, phalange said:

Not sure why the killer has a picture of Lucy,

Wait, what? I thought it was a picture of Mabel and Charles.

(and nowadays, what kind of killer prints out a picture to carry around, which incriminates him if he’s caught?)

No clarity on "fourteen" and "savage" though.

Interesting that in Mabel’s ‘dream sequence’, the puzzle piece was 14th St., not just 14. 

• Useful 5
24 minutes ago, rwlevin said:

And little Keith is adorable, but definitely not under 3 months old (length of maternity leave in New York)

My little grandson who lives nearby is 6 months old, also in NY state.
After my daughter's 3 month maternity leave, her husband took paternity leave.
So, since Detective Williams is the spouse, that part made sense to me. 
The plot hole was that in-show it hasn't been that long:

2 hours ago, cardigirl said:

not that much time has passed since we saw her episode with her wife

Not sure why the killer has a picture of Lucy,

Just now, kay1864 said:

Wait, what? I thought it was a picture of Mabel and Charles.

(and nowadays, what kind of killer prints out a picture to carry around, which incriminates him if he’s caught?)

Definitely a picture of Lucy. And, actually, a printed picture is probably less incriminating that one on their phone.
Or were you thinking the person shouldn't need a picture to be sure it was their target when they found her?
Because Lucy is pretty non-descript.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

And, actually, a printed picture is probably less incriminating that one on their phone.

I don’t think a cop can force you to unlock your phone to see what pictures might be on there. So… No evidence for an arrest. 

• Useful 1
18 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

A printed picture should have tons of finger prints.

Can somebody remind me what happened to the green Zoe ring, did Tim Kono ever get his hands on it, if so, how did Theo get it back?

Theo didn't have it in this episode. Zoe shoved it at him when they were arguing on the roof. So he had it to give back to his father. Tim did find it (maybe through Cutter), but Jan opened it first and thought it was a present for a rival. Thus she planned to kill Tim.  Mabel and Oliver found the ring in Jan's apartment, and Mabel was wearing it when she decked Jan. We don't know for sure where the ring is, but it probably is now evidence in Jan's murder trial. 

Edited by cardigirl
More complete detail.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Mabel had the green ring at the end of season one, as she and Oliver found it when they were searching Jan's apartment.  Mabel was wearing it when she decked Jan in the basement. But I don't know if we ever knew what happened to the ring after that, did we?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I am surprised that Theo has another place to live, it certainly didn't seem that way in Season 1,

There is a time in Season 1 when Theo walks into Teddy's place and startles him.  Teddy tells him he needs to let him know when he's coming and reminds him that  he (Theo) has a place of his own and he (Teddy) pays for it.

Edited by MollyB
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2

Also forgot to mention the can of Gut Milk brand of drink Charles was drinking. Someone who is better at screen captures than me will have to try to put a picture on this forum. But it was a nice callback, and might be a clue about Ursula's business interests. 

(Gut Buzz Zero) 

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

Also forgot to mention the can of Gut Milk brand of drink Charles was drinking. Someone who is better at screen captures than me will have to try to put a picture on this forum. But it was a nice callback, and might be a clue about Ursula's business interests. 

(Gut Buzz Zero) 

Hah! Yes! I noticed the new "Gut Buzz Zero," presumably with zero calories and lots of caffeine.
The word "Milk" is gone from the name.

image.png.81bf81f9c977fb297176321018ebf2f9.png

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

In this episode, Mabel learns that she needs to try and remember stuff instead of looking away. What a great breakthrough! It's just a pity that she didn't, you know, LOOK at the face of the glitter bombed man as she pushed past him. Twice.

Edited by Corgi-ears
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

It was great seeing Mark Consuelos show up as Mabel's dad, even though I could tell what was really going on by the second flashback, it was still painful to see. You can really see how much they hurt Mabel and how much her dads death affected her, I am glad that she at now is sure that she didn't kill Bunny and black it out. Her and Theo were a surprisingly great pairing, he has made a lot of mistakes but I do think he feels a lot of remorse for everything that happened and wants to try and help. I think the worst thing he did was letting Oscar take the fall for Zoey's death, I think her death really was an accident, I can see how Mabel could understand why he did what he did now though. I really like that they are using his character like this, just having him and Teddy disappear after their connection to Tim ended last season would be a real waste. I especially liked the realism in how Mabel and Theo interacted, Theo can read lips but it isn't as perfect as it is on TV and Mabel frequently forgets that Theo cant hear her, like when she yelled for him and then remembered, duh, he cant hear her.

Our season long theme of parenting continues, with flashbacks of Mabel and her deceased father, Teddy and Theo's complicated relationship, Detective Williams and her baby, Oliver showing his abilities to parent despite his silliness, and of course Charles freaking out at the idea of Lucy being in danger. 

It was great seeing Detective Williams again, her having to deal with Charles and Oliver's horrible attempts at seeming to be innocent. She's a great foil to their hijinks, Oliver in the bathroom was the highlight though. Or possibly it was pondering which Hamilton actress was in Oliver's production of Twelve Angry People. OR it was Detective Williams absolutely killing that last note. You think she doesn't know A Chorus Line? 

The big group hug at the end was so sweet, Mabel was absolutely glowing when she saw Oliver and Charles. 

Come on Mabel, he was right there!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 5
  • Love 9

Loved everything about this episode.  This season has been so strong.  I'll be sad to see it end, but so happy to be anticipating season 3.

Loved that the jigsaw puzzle analogy wasn't an obvious "putting the pieces together" idea, but instead, a fear of seeing the whole picture once you did.  Such smart writing.

And props to the baby and his "what's happening?" face, when Oliver was playing with him.  And finally, the guys thinking that talking (not quietly) about crime evidence in the most echo-y room in a building with apparently paper-thin walls, and a seasoned detective on the other side of the door, wouldn't be problematic.  

Edited by LADreamr
  • Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

Hah! Yes! I noticed the new "Gut Buzz Zero," presumably with zero calories and lots of caffeine.

And presumably not 13% alcohol like regular Gut Milk.

(Milk plus alcohol. Barf!)

1 hour ago, Corgi-ears said:

It's just a pity that she didn't, you know, LOOK at the face of the glitter bombed man as she pushed past him. Twice.

Clearly she doesn’t like spoilers 😆

• Wink 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, cardigirl said:

And what happened to Mabel's gorgeous white coat?  Did I miss seeing it at Theo's place? It has blood on it from glitter person. Wouldn't that count as evidence?  

Oh well. Now it's another loooong wait til episode 8. 

It was at Theo's, yes. With a big stain on it. And that's why you shouldn't wear white coats.

5 hours ago, rwlevin said:

Watching this episode, the casting people did a great job. For some strange reason, I really noticed how much Theo and Teddy resemble each other. Maybe it's because Theo's wearing a hat. I never thought Theo was a bad guy, just born to a crappy dad and with horrible luck. 

Me too!

I think the murder is going to come back to Lucy somehow. Not that she's the killer, but this is the second hint that Lucy is the target of somoene.

5 hours ago, kay1864 said:

I don’t think a cop can force you to unlock your phone to see what pictures might be on there. So… No evidence for an arrest. 

But if you have it set to open by fingerprint I think they force people a lot?

14 hours ago, GaT said:

I'm glad to see Detective WIlliams back, but other than that, I didn't really like this episode. It felt like someone said "hey! that episode with no sound we did last season created a lot of buzz, let's do another!" We still don't know anything, & there's only 3 episodes left. Time to move the plot along, I don't want everything info dumped episode 10.

But this wasn't an ep with no sound. It just had Theo in it a lot.

I really did love the bit about him and Mabel only sometimes understanding each other. TBF, it's usually like that with any language on TV. However much English a person needs to be in the scene they will have. So I always appreciate it when they actually inject some reality of somebody saying, "I understood nothing of what you just said." And they did it both for Mabel and for Theo, so it wasn't like Theo was the one who was deficient. Was really glad to see him getting a part in this ep.

• Like 4
  • Love 10

This might be me looking to deep, but back in the 70s Steve Martin had a bit about getting out of trouble by saying "I forgot". He did it in his style back then. When Charles admonished Oliver in the bathroom, Oliver replied "I forgot". It could be innocuous I suppose, but with them, who knows. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I can’t quote correctly but, yes, it’s apparently perfectly fine for cops to ask you to open your phone via fingerprint/Touch ID but they can’t force you to open it via a numeric passcode.  I have no idea what the status is with Face ID.

On one level, I get the criticisms of Selena’s acting style but I think she’s been doing a really good job in the last few episodes.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

My little grandson who lives nearby is 6 months old, also in NY state.
After my daughter's 3 month maternity leave, her husband took paternity leave.
So, since Detective Williams is the spouse, that part made sense to me. 
The plot hole was that in-show it hasn't been that long:

Yeah, I was trying not to let it take me out of the story, but that kid was wearing sneakers and sitting up on his own. Six months if he’s a day, but I thought he hadn’t been born yet a couple episodes ago.

And did I hear correctly that Mabel was seven when her dad died?  But young Mabel in the flashbacks looked like at least a preteen. 

Maybe I’m misremembering stuff so I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Geez, Theo!  Eyes on the road!  He and Mabel were wonderful together, except he kept staring at her while driving.  Hope they end up friends.  And she drives next time.

Baby Keith was about 6 mos old. Maternity leave?  Martin Short was adorable with the Chorus Line routine though.

If course the detective can belt out show tunes.

Young Mabel was wonderful too. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7

So good. I loved that Theo is a real person with layers and complexity. He's not good but he's not totally bad either. And Mabel can see that now. They brought out a lot of good qualities in their day together. But damn, Mabel, get a look at glitter guy's face when you knock him down. 

Detective Williams remains a delight. Like she doesn't fucking know Chorus Line?! 🤣 I'm also glad we got to learn her son's name, the continuity from season one is fun.

Oliver, Charles, and Mabel are a real little family now. 

• Like 4
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Geez, Theo!  Eyes on the road!  He and Mabel were wonderful together, except he kept staring at her while driving.  Hope they end up friends.  And she drives next time.

Glad I'm not the only one. You can't read lips and drive at the same time, Theo. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, kay1864 said:

And presumably not 13% alcohol like regular Gut Milk.

(Milk plus alcohol. Barf!)

Clearly she doesn’t like spoilers 😆

All I could think of is carbonated alcoholic skim milk and I think a party of my innocence died.

• LOL 7
1 minute ago, callie lee 29 said:

All I could think of is carbonated alcoholic skim milk and I think a party of my innocence died.

I assumed there is zero milk in the Gut Buzz Zero product. 

1 hour ago, sistermagpie said:

Glad I'm not the only one. You can't read lips and drive at the same time, Theo. 

I’m not sure what they were going for with Theo trying to lip read while he was driving.  
Surreality?
Maybe the director realized it was the only way the deaf actor would follow any of what Selena/Mabel was saying, and decided that was more important to convey than a realistic representation of driving a car? 
And/or:   
I have sometimes driven a car looking in the rear view mirror for as long as the times when Theo was watching Mabel’s lips. 
I’m just not convinced it works when you’re looking at someone in the car; the rear view mirror is the road.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Also amazingly realistic was the portrayal of someone whose primary means of communicating is ASL with someone who does not know ASL, which probably happens a lot more than we see on TV, which Mabel hung a lantern on with her remark about how on TV deaf people read lips perfectly.

Yes, I cheered at that, especially since as someone noted upthread, Mabel doesn't move her lips much. She's very difficult to lipread. (Way back in the day, Guiding Light had a deaf character and actress, and in one scene the actress missed what another actress was saying and said the standard "I didn't catch that" and the other actress responded as herself, rather than in character, apologizing for not enunciating. They learned afterwards that the crew had just kept the cameras rolling, and that bit actually aired.)

9 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I’m not sure what they were going for with Theo trying to lip read while he was driving.  
Surreality?
Maybe the director realized it was the only way the deaf actor would follow any of what Selena/Mabel was saying, and decided that was more important to convey than a realistic representation of driving a car? 
And/or:   
I have sometimes driven a car looking in the rear view mirror for as long as the times when Theo was watching Mabel’s lips. 
I’m just not convinced it works when you’re looking at someone in the car; the rear view mirror is the road.

I'm not completely deaf like Theo is, but I have a serious enough hearing impairment that I have to look at people's lips if I'm going to understand what they're saying. And I also prefer to be the driver. So...yeah. I can relate. I cheat more than I should, in taking my eyes off the road to look at the person next to me so that we can carry on a conversation. I try to do it only when the road is pretty clear, but I don't always stick to that and of course I shouldn't do it at all. Theo seemed realistic enough to me in that regard.

• Useful 11
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

I'm not completely deaf like Theo is, but I have a serious enough hearing impairment that I have to look at people's lips if I'm going to understand what they're saying. And I also prefer to be the driver. So...yeah. I can relate. I cheat more than I should, in taking my eyes off the road to look at the person next to me so that we can carry on a conversation. I try to do it only when the road is pretty clear, but I don't always stick to that and of course I shouldn't do it at all. Theo seemed realistic enough to me in that regard.

To be fair, this makes me nervous all the time on TV where they're just looking at the other person for dramatic reasons!

• Like 5
  • Love 10
21 hours ago, Phebemarie said:

It’s not going to be Oscar, right?  I’m a little concerned since no one’s mentioned him this season.  

I was honestly afraid they were going to have him turn around and it would be him. I really hope not. I liked him a lot.

Great episode this week. I adored the group hug and I so hope Lucy isn't in danger!!

And I'm just a suspicious sort but I really hope Det. William's doesn't end up bad either...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I'm still thinking maybe Luis on behalf of Poppy or Cinda. I figure if Poppy is underappreciated, Luis has to be underappreciated--and probably underpaid to boot. So a security guard position for income makes a lot of sense. But he's barely even a tertiary character, so probably not.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

A filler episode.

Quite a number of inconsistencies, unbelievable and laughable things in this episode.

Baby Keith is not a newborn. A very empty theme park with no security guard on duty. Unlocked staff room. Easy break-in, no consequences whatsoever, very convenient for the plot. Mable yelling and repeatedly talking to Theo without looking at him and moving her lips. Come on! 🙄 Is Mable even wearing the same outfits that she wore in the subway?

Mabel’s backstory about trauma and suppressed memories is sad. And only on tv, she can magically recall on what actually happened that night. No bits and pieces.

I cannot believe that Charles and Oliver didn’t give GG’s phone number to Det. Williams for her to trace etc. They also didn’t mention and show her the CCTV footage from the diner. Why? 🤦🏻‍♀️

And we get another glimpse of the killer, this time with the knife.

A95DD227-6950-4B96-A1C3-9B190DA3AC5D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Useful 1