Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Flipping the Pieces

• Start Topic

On 8/8/2022 at 9:21 PM, HDJulie said:

What I can't get past is that regardless of whether it was push or trip, he let someone else spend 10 years in jail for it

I'd be quite interested to see Oscar and Theo dealing with each other if they would bring Oscar back. 

• Love 1
On 8/8/2022 at 10:21 PM, HDJulie said:

What I can't get past is that regardless of whether it was push or trip, he let someone else spend 10 years in jail for it

I think it’s just as we have it spelled out in this episode by Theo. He was a confused, deaf teenager, who didn’t think he killed anyone, but also wondered if it was his fault somehow, and didn’t know how to explain it. And, his domineering father told him he was going to fix it. 
Maybe we’ll get a reveal that Teddy paid Oscar’s family enough to make it worth it, although I personally don’t think that’s ever possible, and, at this point, that would seem like a retcon, and I don’t see these writers being that careless. 

On 8/3/2022 at 8:35 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

Is there anything to make of the fact that Detective Williams’ son appeared to be much older than he should be?

I don't think so. I grew up watching soaps and they always had a well-fed 6-monrh-old playing a newborn 😅

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Aww, junior detective Keith is a cutie.

I actually think the actor playing Theo communicates well even if you don't know ASL. In the fight with Teddy in the earlier episode, I noticed I could read his lips more than I can with hearing actors (I try sometimes when someone's mumbling and I can't tell what they're saying and the subtitles/CC doesn't record it). But Mabel was frustrated and not in the mood to slow down and write/text a conversation.

It was hilarious that THIS is the moment when the stage whisper can be overheard by other characters.

Theo actually being a useful ally in investigating is a fun development. Also, if anyone should trauma bond, it's Mabel and Theo. I would be cool with this relationship for season 3. 

Detective Williams is great

They're really hiding Glitter Guy but I do love that Mabel doesn't get stuck in damsel positions. I kept expecting a jump scare where she'd get attacked but instead she handled herself, even when he found her in the locker.

I get that Mabel wanted to talk about her dad but I feel like taking Theo's attention away from driving was a bad call...

A blackout creates some drama for the next episode. Though I miss having a fun end credits songs.

• Like 1

He at least has shown true guilt over what happened with Zoey: although I think the flashback last season did a solid job establishing that her death was likely a combination of both of them being aggressive with one another and forgetting how close they were to edge of the roof. 

I've been rewatching Cold Case. They use this for a sympathetic killer or accidental death a lot. 

Totally want to know about Oliver's production of 12 Angry Men with women.  Especially whichever future Hamilton actress was in it.  Was it Renee Elise Goldsberry?!  Phillipa Soo?! Jasmine Cephas Jones?!

Can't be Pippa. Way too young.

Not quite sure how you go to an amusement park that apparently has dozens of security staff who don't seem to actually work there. Mabel and Theo were poking around for however long and then charged Theo's ankle monitor for an hour and then more running around before the killer showed up. 

I can handwave and assume if they were there in the morning, no one would have showed up until closer to opening. Fair point about Glitter Guy behaving weirdly though.

Theo pulling out that ring from no where (especially in that way) seemed like a moment that could only have worked on a TV show.

True. I'm old but I think the toy ring would have just been in the plastic case, not in it's own jewelry store velvet box. 

I liked Mabel's reaction to "glitter" in ASL and Det. Williams saying "Like I don't fuckin' know Chorus Line?!?!" That was fun.

The sign for applause is also fun. There's another one that looks like spirit fingers that I saw translated as "amazing" though that's apparently not correct. It's not snow.

And little Keith is adorable, but definitely not under 3 months old (length of maternity leave in New York)

I don't know what the laws are about babies acting but I'd hope good parents wouldn't want to hand over a newborn (especially since they're filming during a pandemic). 

Glad I'm not the only one. You can't read lips and drive at the same time, Theo. 

I thought the opposite. Mabel, this is not the time for your personal revelations. Or at least tell him you just want to talk out loud to yourself.