Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Shuckers and Sinners

• Start Topic

Shep and Craig help Austen move things out of his childhood home; Taylor voices concerns about Shep's past infidelity back in Charleston; Olivia prepares to throw an oyster roast, and one guest's presence causes Austen to spiral.

Original air date: 2022-7-28

• Love 2

This show is so tedious. It’s like a Venn diagram of “friend” groups that are allowed to socialize. Olivia should just kick Austen to the curb but she loves being on tv. He’ll never get over Madison though lord knows why. 
I appreciate that Olivia called Venita to tell her why she wasn’t invited. I guess we’ll see if their happy hour chat smoothes things over but I doubt it. 
I guess Lena is just a warm body with a new nose which seems to be on trend for this group. 
I’m starting to cringe whenever Patricia shows up.  Her schtick is so old and stale. Whomever predicted the upcoming nuptials were for the dogs called it. Idiotic for sure.  

• Like 2
  • Love 10

I hadn’t watched this show in a while and after tonight I don’t think I’ll bother again.  It was dreadful.  Nice of Shep’s nieces to pretend they’re used to  spending time with him, though.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
(edited)

Please Bravo. End the storyline of Austen and Madison. Austen, you’re not the only guy who has let a girl get away. Austen has to be acting for the camera. Please tell me Austen isn’t in a constant stage of envy and jealousy away from the show.

Edited by APK
  • Love 6

Shep sees those adorable nieces only once every three months? He is so self-centered, man. It’s sad for her but I’m so glad Taylor moved on. 

Being honest, I was so bored tonight that I was doing other stuff while it was on so I have little commentary. 

Except…I did want to say that I’ve always really liked Austen’s parents. And I think leaving your childhood home is really hard anyway, but comes with extra, very sad baggage in Austen’s case since his sister Kyle lived there with them. And Katie was born there, bringing happiness to them later. It would be very, very emotional to pack up all of those memories. My heart goes out to all of them. 

• Like 4
  • Love 12

This episode was so disjointed. Do the producers and editors care at all about what they're putting out there? When did Chleb and Kathryn get back together? Why should Austen congratulate Madison? What purpose do Naomi and Leva and Olivia's parents have on this stupid show? The guys at the party bitching about the ex's. Once again Patricia is thrown in the mix for good measure. I can't with this mess. The worst show on BRAVO.

• Like 1
  • Love 9

Did Chleb call Naomi a C U Next Tuesday? I mean, she was definitely interested in hearing the scoop on Kathryn but Chleb seemed more than willing to share unnecessary details. He then turned around and acted like Naomi had interrogated him or something. No a good look, Spock Ears. 

I loved seeing Pringle, wish he played a greater role instead of them constantly trying to force Venita on us. Olivia was likely fined by production for excluding her from the party. That said, I totally get it. It was beyond rich for Venita to be miffed by the non-invitation when she A) hadn't included Olivia in her birthday party, B) angrily pouted when Madison did invite her, and C) verbally went after Olivia at said party,

I'd also completely forgotten about Austen's sister's death. How incredibly sad. I do like his parents.  I also caught part of a S2 episode Bravo aired earlier in the day when they visited Craig's family in Rhode Island(?) They seemed great, very down to earth as well. I was amazed how much all the guys have aged in just six years. Well, except for Whitney, I think he's a vampire. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, snarts said:

Did Chleb call Naomi a C U Next Tuesday? I mean, she was definitely interested in hearing the scoop on Kathryn but Chleb seemed more than willing to share unnecessary details. He then turned around and acted like Naomi had interrogated him or something. No a good look, Spock Ears. I

Yes, Chleb gave me massive whiplash in that scene, shittalking out of both sides of his mouth. I had expected him to just try to placate Katherine with something like, “oh we were just chatting about old times, no big deal” and then he turned around spewed venom three steps later.  

• Like 4
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Toodleoo said:

Pringle, whatever his faults may be, is well versed in social graces. I wish he was back to being a major character.

I am surprised that he is not more visible on the show, the Pringle name in Charleston is everywhere, his one relative Susan Pringle Frost was president of the Suffrage League in Charleston and president of the Preservation Society,  she saved mostly every historic building or house from the wrecking ball, revitalized Rainbow Row, that name is on a lot of plaques as well the Ravenel name, I wish we could have the ancestors on this is show...they were hella interesting, too bad their descendants are boring, bordering on boring and useless.

For someone who has such disdain and hurt from someone, Austen is giving Madison a lot of life by telling everyone how much it bothers him that she is there, every conversation with everyone. 

I personally do not think the marriage will last long.  

Shlub going back to Katheryn after a somewhat clean get away makes no sense, does he think she magically morphed in to some else and is suddenly has a better personality?  Did he miss the cameras or was this a planned break up drama...nothing seems genuine with those two. Shlub says how horrible it is to have to side with K when she has a grudge against someone or whatever but then says "she's my girl," good luck trying get K to think rationally, have fun with that.  Blonde girl is right, he does not like Katheryn, he likes the cameras.

Whitney was there, I think.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

When did Chleb and Kathryn get back together? 

I bet the convo was super romantic.

C: Hey, y'all still filming?

K: Yes.

C: Can we go to parties together and stuff?

K.  Yes.

<scene>

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3

Having watched Austen's explanation as to the times his family experienced in the house, what with his sister's traumatic death and the family's healing with the arrival of Katie, I have to say that it makes a lot of sense now as to why leaving it is so hard for him.  Most families don't go through something like that, so I can understand why he has an attachment, even if it's not an entirely pleasant one.

I had to laugh as they were driving through the neighborhood: "I tried to beat someone home by driving through this front yard, but I didn't beat him." "One year we TP-ed this house, but we got caught and had to clean it up."  An entire neighborhood full of failures!

And did anyone else cringe as the U-Haul was pulling out of the driveway because it looked like it was about to run over Austen's dad's foot??

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, snarts said:

id Chleb call Naomi a C U Next Tuesday? I mean, she was definitely interested in hearing the scoop on Kathryn but Chleb seemed more than willing to share unnecessary details. He then turned around and acted like Naomi had interrogated him or something. No a good look, Spock Ears. 

Yes, he did!

For me, he went from being too good for Kathryn to being right up her alley in an instant.  That's saying alot since I don't even like Naomi. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, mandymax said:

I had to laugh as they were driving through the neighborhood: "I tried to beat someone home by driving through this front yard, but I didn't beat him." "One year we TP-ed this house, but we got caught and had to clean it up."  An entire neighborhood full of failures!

Has anything ever been more Austen?

His Trop Hop shirt's colors matched his poetry notebook's cover.  

Other than the above, the highlights were:

Shep's nieces calling him on/not standing for his BS. You've been on TV now, nieces--now stay far, far away and have real lives, you smart and lovely people.  

The oysters and their sauces.  

The dogs.

The idea to try Old Bay in egg salad.

The lowlights,  other than the predictable Kathryn (and backstabby Chleb) scenes:  

Shep is an ass.  

The imponderables:

Why does Leva open her eyes so wide at everything this season?  It's not all THAT amazing.  

The unpopular opinion: 

I don't mind Venita that much, especially now that the cracks are showing, and I can see she's a lot less poised etc. and more insecure than she lets on.  I find her style very interesting to look at, and Charles is cute (see "dogs" above). 

The glad I didn't have this word in a drinking game word:

Nautical.

• Like 5
  • Love 8
32 minutes ago, Jobiska said:

The unpopular opinion: 

I don't mind Venita that much, especially now that the cracks are showing, and I can see she's a lot less poised etc. and more insecure than she lets on.  I find her style very interesting to look at, and Charles is cute (see "dogs" above). 

I do not like Venita, but I felt a twinge of sadness when she was uninvited from the party before she could even be invited.  Ouch.  I would have been sad if that happened to me in private, let alone on this stupid show.  

I really like Charles.

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jobiska said:

Other than the above, the highlights were:

Shep's nieces calling him on/not standing for his BS. You've been on TV now, nieces--now stay far, far away and have real lives, you smart and lovely people.  

The oysters and their sauces.  

The dogs.

The idea to try Old Bay in egg salad.

The lowlights,  other than the predictable Kathryn (and backstabby Chleb) scenes:  

Shep is an ass.  

The imponderables:

Why does Leva open her eyes so wide at everything this season?  It's not all THAT amazing.  

The unpopular opinion: 

The glad I didn't have this word in a drinking game word:

Nautical.

I just finished watching-I fell asleep last night- and my thought was who says there are no likeable characters in this show? Charles is adorable. Venita may be less annoying than I thought. Or not, we will see. Unpopular opinion but Leva doesn't bother me like she seems to bother others. I am so sick of hearing Austen pine after Madison. He is a total loser and she is a truly vile person. WTF cares? I honestly don't think Olivia does. Obviously, she wanted to be on the show, Austen is unattached, so girl is playing along. I don't even think they like each other. Chelb, or whatever his name is, is truly a jerk.  Kathryn definitely has a type. I watched some reruns yesterday of season 2. First, the reruns are soooo much better than the current show. Second, I was struck several times how naturally pretty Kathryn was. She should have been absolutely stunning by 30. Instead she looks horrible and her new boobs are ridiculous. Show is just kind of sad, but I do generally enjoy the homes and the scenery. And the dogs.

Edited by chlban
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Toodleoo said:

Yes, Chleb gave me massive whiplash in that scene, shittalking out of both sides of his mouth. I had expected him to just try to placate Katherine with something like, “oh we were just chatting about old times, no big deal” and then he turned around spewed venom three steps later.  

But he’s not about drama lol.

• LOL 9
34 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Shep, on his dislike for egg salad: "It's slimy, it's cold and it smells." He should hold on to that description. It also would work when he's looking in the bathroom mirror.

He happily ate oysters which are all three of those things.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

Agree, agree, agree with everyone that had something bad to say about Shleb.  I don't really care how I spell it anymore, he is a chump and a lump.  I'm extra salty because I really thought he was a good dude and WAY too good for Katherine, and he did this break neck 180 and now I know who he really is.  Way worse than a chump and a lump, but I'm trying not to cuss so much. 

Very Unpopular Opinion:  I like Whitney.  Actually, I like Whitney a whole lot.  I didn't really like Whitney until he played that souped up Elvis Presley whole lotta love guitar/song to his allegedly fake girlfriend, and all of a sudden, I liked him.  It was very weird, but the man does have some talents, and we wouldn't have Southern Charm at all, if not for Whitney.   It sucks though that it always seems the early years of almost all reality tv shows are the best...then it's kind of a gradual decline, and this one seems to be spiraling the drain, along with a lot of them I have been watching. 

• Love 13

What a snooze fest.  And now the guys are comparing each other's outfits for the clambake or whatever.

They're like women.

Kathryn said something about doing something nice feels so good?

Without a hint of irony?

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

Agree, agree, agree with everyone that had something bad to say about Shleb.  I don't really care how I spell it anymore, he is a chump and a lump.  I'm extra salty because I really thought he was a good dude and WAY too good for Katherine, and he did this break neck 180 and now I know who he really is.  Way worse than a chump and a lump, but I'm trying not to cuss so much. 

Very Unpopular Opinion:  I like Whitney.  Actually, I like Whitney a whole lot.  I didn't really like Whitney until he played that souped up Elvis Presley whole lotta love guitar/song to his allegedly fake girlfriend, and all of a sudden, I liked him.  It was very weird, but the man does have some talents, and we wouldn't have Southern Charm at all, if not for Whitney.   It sucks though that it always seems the early years of almost all reality tv shows are the best...then it's kind of a gradual decline, and this one seems to be spiraling the drain, along with a lot of them I have been watching. 

I like Whitney too.

• Love 8
(edited)

I like Whitney too.  I wish we'd get to see more of him.

I liked Chleb too, and when he said how he tried to stick with Kathryn, but that she hated everybody and it was hard for him to stay away from everybody I literally laughed out loud.  Then five minutes later, he lost me.

Edited by SoTheresThat
  • Love 14
43 minutes ago, chlban said:

I like Whitney too.

41 minutes ago, SoTheresThat said:

I knew there HAD to be someone else out there that liked Whitney! 

So, there is at least three of us.

Poor Whitney.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Shannah Banana said:

I knew there HAD to be someone else out there that liked Whitney! 

So, there is at least three of us.

Poor Whitney.

👋 Me as well!

He seems like such a dorky, awkward thing! I like his guitar playing and how protective he is over Patricia. I know he's had some not so nice moments on the show, but it seems like he may have grown up a lot.

• Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, SoTheresThat said:

I liked Chleb too, and when he said how he tried to stick with Kathryn, but that she hated everybody and it was hard for him to stay away from everybody I literally laughed out loud.  Then five minutes later, he lost me.

I’m no fan of Naomie but I thought he was “a tool” to bring up Metul.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Maybe because Whitney hasn't been on the show much in recent seasons, people like him.

Or maybe because most of the cast are so awful in comparison.

But if we kept getting a lot of Renob and German beards, people would be fed up with him too.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I like Whitney, too. Even if this depiction of his life is pure fiction. At least he is somewhat entertaining.

Is there an under/over on how long Madison and whatshisname will be married? I give it a year. Is she that delusional that she could live a life that is dictated by the LDS? Her fiance seems to be "somewhat" observant, I mean he took her vibrators and all before the wedding (ha).

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, chlban said:

It sucks though that it always seems the early years of almost all reality tv shows are the best...then it's kind of a gradual decline, and this one seems to be spiraling the drain, along with a lot of them I have been watching. 

I watched reruns of Sex and the City ALL DAY yesterday.  That’s one show I could watch forever.  Every episode is gold and never disappoints.  

• Love 2
On 7/29/2022 at 10:17 PM, Shannah Banana said:

I like him too.  Some of things he says bugs me but idk he seems ok and I like that he's so devoted to his mom.  

21 hours ago, aghst said:

But if we kept getting a lot of Renob and German beards, people would be fed up with him too.

So true!  It could very well be that he doesn't have a main storyline so maybe it's we can simply take him in small doses.

On 7/29/2022 at 3:05 PM, heatherchandler said:

I do not like Venita, but I felt a twinge of sadness when she was uninvited from the party before she could even be invited.  Ouch.  I would have been sad if that happened to me in private, let alone on this stupid show.  

I really like Charles

Agree, it was kinda cruel of Olivia to tell Venita that she wasn't invited to her party.  Invite her to simply bury the hatchet and if it doesn't work at least you can say you tried.  I like Charles and I LOVED the puppy dog mug V had as well 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I like Whitney, too. Even if this depiction of his life is pure fiction. At least he is somewhat entertaining.

Is there an under/over on how long Madison and whatshisname will be married? I give it a year. Is she that delusional that she could live a life that is dictated by the LDS? Her fiance seems to be "somewhat" observant, I mean he took her vibrators and all before the wedding (ha).

Had they been sleeping together? His rule of no sex for 30 days before the wedding is one thing but taking her vibrator seem more like way to control her and he might feel threatened by the vibrator, she is an idiot if she thinks it will be part of their sex life after they are married...does he not care if she has a good time in bed? Is it his religious beliefs or his ego?

I saw an old episode where Shep was 35 and was saying he hopes when he is 40+ he will not be running after 25 year old women and well Shep, it looks like you are 40+ and still running after younger women. 

Venita shot herself in her own foot with accusing Olivia of being a racist no matter how she phrased it, passive aggressively or otherwise...how could Venita be surprised when she was not invited to her party? 

Katheryn has got to know Chaleb is there for the cameras and not her, right?

Shep and his dislike of egg salad, I only started liking it as an adult so I understand his not loving it. I can still hear Lisa Loobner's, (played by Gilda Radnor) mother (played by Jane Curtin) saying, "Egg salad for everyone," and giving sandwiches to Todd (Bill Murray), see SNL Nerd sketch. 

I wish Patricia would get a few drinks in her and start telling bawdy stories of her youth, she has got to have some good stories in her.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I like him too.  Some of things he says bugs me but idk he seems ok and I like that he's so devoted to his mom.  

So true!  It could very well be that he doesn't have a main storyline so maybe it's we can simply take him in small doses.

Agree, it was kinda cruel of Olivia to tell Venita that she wasn't invited to her party.  Invite her to simply bury the hatchet and if it doesn't work at least you can say you tried.  I like Charles and I LOVED the puppy dog mug V had as well 

I’m thinking it was because her parents were the real hosts and she was afraid Venita would make a scene like she does everywhere and embarrass her parents.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Well, gang, we got our definitive answer: Chleb says people think his name is spelled like SHAH-lehb. But I’m still going to read it as chlehb (one syllable with a newly invented chl blend). Speaking of Chleb… Gurl, really?! I’m not into drama! Kathryn likes to gossip about people and I just tune it out and watch ESPN. (Not a minute later.) That bitch Naomi… For a self-proclaimed “simple” guy, how dare Naomi take Chleb at his word that if he can’t stand being around her, why are you dating her? Silly goose, it turns out he IS that drama queen bitch that’s going to complain nonstop about their partner and then, how dare my friend actually listen to me and give rational advice and badmouth my perfect love!!

The best 2 seconds of the episode was the jazzy horns music as everyone is getting ready for the party, then cut to Venita with a distorted sad trombone. Classic!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Had they been sleeping together? His rule of no sex for 30 days before the wedding is one thing but taking her vibrator seem more like way to control her and he might feel threatened by the vibrator, she is an idiot if she thinks it will be part of their sex life after they are married...does he not care if she has a good time in bed? Is it his religious beliefs or his ego?

He took her vibrators?!  How did I miss that?  When did she talk about it?

If I squint really hard, I can see how that could be a playful joke to make as a couple.  To actually take her vibrators, though, goes beyond playful and into controlling.  If he thinks he needs to take her toys away for her to desire him, then he's also insecure.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, izabella said:

She mentioned it when she was talking to some of the girls, she played it off as playful but I didn't think it was playful. She also said they were going to split their time between California(?) and Charleston, I think that will wear thin after a while.

Are we taking bets on how long that marriage will last?

• Love 2
On 7/30/2022 at 12:30 PM, WhatAmIWatching said:

👋 Me as well!

He seems like such a dorky, awkward thing! I like his guitar playing and how protective he is over Patricia. I know he's had some not so nice moments on the show, but it seems like he may have grown up a lot.

I like Whitney too! He seems harmless and nice and he’s funny too. I like watching him a lot. He’s way more interesting than the newer cast members. 

• Like 5
  • Love 4
On 7/29/2022 at 4:02 PM, chlban said:

I meant to say this in my previous post.  There are times when I really like Austen.  I've heard wonderful things about him from people who got to meet him.  They said he was very nice and chatty with them.  Madison...not so much.  I especially liked the moving out of his childhood home in Charlotte.  That is a really nice house and Charlotte is a very expensive place to live in general so I think he comes from money.  Maybe not as much as that loser Shep but he lived comfortably for sure.  The scenes with his family where nice and when he was talking about his sister was sweet.  

• Love 2
19 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I’m thinking it was because her parents were the real hosts and she was afraid Venita would make a scene like she does everywhere and embarrass her parents.

Or Production told her it was better drama not to invite her. I mean, if I wanted to avoid a scene, Kathryn would definitely NOT be on my guest list. Yeah, she made it through this one, but we all know that's the exception.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
16 hours ago, izabella said:

If I squint really hard, I can see how that could be a playful joke to make as a couple.  To actually take her vibrators, though, goes beyond playful and into controlling.  If he thinks he needs to take her toys away for her to desire him, then he's also insecure.

There is no clause in the LDS religion about abstaining for 30 days before marriage. There is supposed to be no sex before marriage, period. I bet his family was thrilled to hear that nonsense on National Television. Lucky for them hardly anyone watches this, at least by TV standards  

15 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

She mentioned it when she was talking to some of the girls, she played it off as playful but I didn't think it was playful. She also said they were going to split their time between California(?) and Charleston, I think that will wear thin after a while.

Are we taking bets on how long that marriage will last?

I will be surprised if they make it to the Alter. I bet his family is horrified. 

Edited by chlban
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

There were so many false notes for me in the loading of the Uhaul. Nothing tied down and everything just tossed in?  Then the plastic bin tips and his dead sister's teddy bear falls out? That had to be for filming.  I would think his mother would have packed Kyle's things away safely a long time ago.   Otherwise the family relationships were fun. But none of that furniture was going to survive a drive to Charleston.  Maybe the headboard. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, OlderThanDirt said:

There were so many false notes for me in the loading of the Uhaul. Nothing tied down and everything just tossed in?  Then the plastic bin tips and his dead sister's teddy bear falls out? That had to be for filming.  I would think his mother would have packed Kyle's things away safely a long time ago.   Otherwise the family relationships were fun. But none of that furniture was going to survive a drive to Charleston.  Maybe the headboard. 

Yeah all of this and just the general idea that they wouldn't hire professional movers to do this.  There was still a lot of furniture in the house and I can't imagine them moving all of that by themselves.  It was probably an "ok, we'll film you guys moving a few big pieces into this U Haul-you just have to place them in the truck, then film Austen having a moment with his family, and then cut!"

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, queta said:

This show has reached its expiration date. Time to wrap it up. It's just not working anymore, IMHO.

They were so quick to cancel the spin-offs (the Savannah one deservedly so).  This one must get sufficient ratings.  A million people still watch Little People Big World which is way past its expiration date.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

They were so quick to cancel the spin-offs (the Savannah one deservedly so).  This one must get sufficient ratings.  A million people still watch Little People Big World which is way past its expiration date.

Savannah could have been so cool too, damn. 

Shep, Cameran, Craig, Whitney, Austen, Landon, and Chelsea-and Danni-all had a nice, natural rapport, and Thomas and Kathryn were so compelling. When Madison joined, the show turned a really bad corner. 

And seeing how Kathryn has turned out is not fun to witness. I wonder what her upbringing was like. It was so weird when her family was on board with their 21 year old dating a 50 year old. Ravenel or not, that was creepy AF. 

• Love 9

Egg salad makes me think of a scene from The Office.

Oscar:[to Michael]  I made egg salad sandwiches. Do you want one?

Michael Scott: Could you have picked something stinkier to bring on a plane? My God, Oscar, really. Do you have a bag of baby poop in there, too, to share with everybody? No, I'll be ordering my own food. Thank you very much. [turns to talk to flight attendant] Hi, um, I'd like to see a menu, please.

Flight Attendant: Oh, I'm sorry. There are no meals on flights less than two hours.

Michael Scott: Oh, ok. [looks back at Oscar regretfully]

Edited by Mr. Miner
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 7/31/2022 at 9:26 PM, Sage47 said:

I like Whitney too! He seems harmless and nice and he’s funny too. I like watching him a lot. He’s way more interesting than the newer cast members. 

I actually like Whitney, too.  The older seasons, when his mother says something embarrassing or controversial, his reaction is always "Oh, God," in this tone that sounds like he wants to crawl under a rock.  And when he was Cameran's partner with the birthing coach and Cameran accused him of looking down her shirt, his "I'm not looking down your shirt!  Okay, now I am" was hilarious.  He makes me laugh.  I didn't like the way he shamed Katherine after sleeping with her a few seasons ago, but overall, he's good comic relief, and I don't get the sense that he's malicious like some of the others.  

• Like 2
  • Love 5