Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E03: The Tea Is Served

• Start Topic

Kandi struggles with work-life balance. Kenya throws a fabulous birthday party for 3-year-old Brooklyn where Sheree and Drew decide to confront one another over the recent rumors.

Airdate: 05/15/2022

(edited)
1 hour ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

I have always kind of liked Marlo but damn!  Some of the shit she said!  Geez.

Yeah, she thinks black women talking trash at a toddler party defines who we are, thus she feels you can't bring white women around. She's fussy about a raised pinky with a teacup when her whole essence is the worst kind of ghetto.

Also last week after she saw Kenya's dance partner, she talked about getting "good hair" if she mated with him.

Kenya, if you are stupid enough to spend $10,000 on a toddler's party, don't whine about divorce and college costs. 

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15

That was the dumbest kids party I’ve ever seen. Dressing  all the kids in those uncomfortable, fussy outfits; drinking tea and playing a trivia games about the birthday kid - what was fun about that? And paying &15,000 for it? Poor Brooklyn- life is going to be disappointing living in your mother’s ego.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Caseysgirl said:

That was the dumbest kids party I’ve ever seen. Dressing  all the kids in those uncomfortable, fussy outfits; drinking tea and playing a trivia games about the birthday kid - what was fun about that? And paying &15,000 for it? Poor Brooklyn- life is going to be disappointing living in your mother’s ego.

That party wasn't for Brooklyn, it was for Ken. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 10

Wouldn’t the assistants have to sign some kind of confidentiality agreement? Not sure why they even need assistants. Neither Dru nor Sheree seem like they work much.

The kids were cute but agree the party didn’t seem kid friendly at all.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 5/12/2022 at 7:49 AM, TexasGal said:

Airdate: 05/15/2022

That party was a complete disaster, what ever possessed Kenya to play that stupid game is beyond me.  I don't blame the parents for leaving.

Edited by byrd
  • Love 6

The sign on the bar has “cocktails” spelled wrong, I think. There’s no T. I paused it for a long time and my tv is a bit far from me so I’m not sure if it just was an extra fancy font, but I didn’t see a T. For $10-15k I need my T

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Wouldn’t the assistants have to sign some kind of confidentiality agreement? Not sure why they even need assistants. Neither Dru nor Sheree seem like they work much.

The kids were cute but agree the party didn’t seem kid friendly at all.

If you don't pay someone an NDA would be worthless since there would never have been any kind of binding contract let alone a binding NDA.

Also it seems like the non payment goes back to the very early first season because the assistant said he provided services for the She By Sherree line and the only time there was an "event" was either the first or second season and I doubt Sherree was having any NDA agreements signed at that point. 

There are too many separate instances of Sherree not paying people for services so that it is probably a pattern with her. While gossip sites and blogs aren't always accurate I tend to believe that a consistent pattern over time is probably accurate even if each episode might not be entirely accurate. 

I am personally amazed that Chateau Sherree is done and furnished because furnishing a home to that level is very expensive.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, bosawks said:

I need to go to high tea more if this is what you get with your cucumber sandwiches.

I WAS that lady who said, "I don't know what's going on here, but you have Veuve so it's good with me" (paraphrased)

It might have been a bit too much sex talk, but most of those kids have no idea what was going on, so I thought the one mom was a little too high strung.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I know, right? LOL at Drew saying that she has three assistants. I don't know why these ladies haven't realized by now that if their "assistant" is spreading another client's business around town, the assistant will do the same thing to them. It's like hanging out with the popular kids at school, listening to them rag on each other, but expecting that you'd be spared because you're friends. 

I don't mind extravagant spending if you have the money to do it, and I appreciate a budget well spent, but that party didn't look fun at all. Ken would've been better off having the party at her house. Brooklyn looked very cute in her outfit, though.

Drew really needs a stylist. I don't know why these Housewives think that tulle Barbie dress is it. It's too short and too young. 

• Love 7
Just now, Sheenieb said:

I don't mind extravagant spending if you have the money to do it, and I appreciate a budget well spent, but that party didn't look fun at all. Ken would've been better off having the party at her house. Brooklyn looked very cute in her outfit, though.

A party like that isn't done for the benefit of the 3 year old child and her friends. It is done to put on a show. Even extravagantly wealthy people wouldn't do a party like this for a 3 year old as they would spend the money on kid friendly stuff like a petting zoo; bouncy house; slides, fast food truck of some kind. If adults came it would be in a separate area.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, byrd said:

That party was a complete disaster, what ever possessed Kenya to play that stupid game is beyond me. 

That was all production's idea and was so fake. They thought Hmmmm how can we stir shit at this kids party? 

Kandi was way too chill about the "tea" that was said about her. Damn, that was nasty. Was it ever revealed who said that? 

Where were all the kid games, birthday cake, gift bags? What a crap party. $10,000 my ass. 

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

That was all production's idea and was so fake. They thought Hmmmm how can we stir shit at this kids party? 

Kandi was way too chill about the "tea" that was said about her. Damn, that was nasty. Was it ever revealed who said that? 

Where were all the kid games, birthday cake, gift bags? What a crap party. $10,000 my ass. 

I agree that the "tea game" was producer driven because otherwise how would you guarantee drama at a child's birthday party. Kenya couldn't even find a reason for why she thought up the idea 

I am not sure why Kandi was even upset about having sex of some kind in a locker room. I mean people have sex in all kinds of places and it's not horrendously embarrassing. It is not as if she was accused of having sex with multiple people while being watched because the whole team was there changing their gear. I am not sure she was truly upset but more felt that it was such a weird thing to have said about her - like totally out of left field.

I mean having presumably consensual sex with someone isn't horrible. It was said that she had done it while she was married or in a committed relationship.

I don't think she was truly upset like she was when she was accused of planning to drug and rape Porsha. That is accusing someone of intent to commit a felony as well as being a truly heinous thing. And then to find out it was done by Phaedra who was presumably her friend. I have heard that it is the reason why Phaedra will never be on the show because Kandi will not shoot with her

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, amarante said:

I am not sure why Kandi was even upset about having sex of some kind in a locker room. I mean people have sex in all kinds of places and it's not horrendously embarrassing. It is not as if she was accused of having sex with multiple people while being watched because the whole team was there changing their gear. I am not sure she was truly upset but more felt that it was such a weird thing to have said about her - like totally out of left field.

Who ever wrote it was trying to start shit. Otherwise, it would never have been said. Kandi knows that. Oh, and how convenient Kandi was the first one to pick out a peice of paper and it happened to be about her! 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Who ever wrote it was trying to start shit. Otherwise, it would never have been said. Kandi knows that. Oh, and how convenient Kandi was the first one to pick out a peice of paper and it happened to be about her! 

Of course they were trying to start shit - it was such an out of left field accusation.

I was just wondering why it even qualified as something shocking. Many people have had sex in a place other than the bed in their bedroom. It is not particularly salacious to have had sex in a locker room - absent details that it was some kind of group thing with the team watching. And given Kandi's hosting of that bachelorette party it doesn't even seem to be particularly out of character. Again because having sex in a locker room - absent any other information - seems like something many people might have done or the equivalent.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, amarante said:

Of course they were trying to start shit - it was such an out of left field accusation.

I was just wondering why it even qualified as something shocking. Many people have had sex in a place other than the bed in their bedroom. It is not particularly salacious to have had sex in a locker room - absent details that it was some kind of group thing with the team watching. And given Kandi's hosting of that bachelorette party it doesn't even seem to be particularly out of character. Again because having sex in a locker room - absent any other information - seems like something many people might have done or the equivalent.

It wasn’t written that she “had sex in a locker room”, it was that she “sucked dick in a locker room”. That’s crude. And it was said aloud at a child’s birthday party. 
We all know Kandi is sexually open, she proudly speaks about it. So it’s not necessarily the act that was shocking, it was how it was phrased and where it was publicly presented. 

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Juneau Gal said:

It wasn’t written that she “had sex in a locker room”, it was that she “sucked dick in a locker room”. That’s crude. And it was said aloud at a child’s birthday party. 
We all know Kandi is sexually open, she proudly speaks about it. So it’s not necessarily the act that was shocking, it was how it was phrased and where it was publicly presented. 

Yes - the phraseology was completely offensive. I certainly wasn't defending whoever thought using that as "tea" at a children's birthday party OR even as something one would want to have aired on television was appropriate.

I was commenting that the actual act is hardly worth pearl clutching - it says more about the writer who is reputedly Marlo for phrasing it in such a vulgar manner - than the person who might have had some kind of sexual activity in a locker room. Who cares what it was as I am not immediately thinking that whoever had some kind of sexual activity in a locker room is a slut of the worst kind. People have sex in all kinds of places and I am sure that Kandi has had some sexual activity in someplace other than her bedroom.

• Love 5

What the hell was that bday party? What a disaster. Kenya should have just had a separate party for her and her friends. What a weird idea and activities for a kids bday party.

I’m sure Sheree does skip on bills but Drew is such a smug bitch I just don’t care about anything she says. She wears the worst outfits too. The assistant is so annoying too and trying so hard. Drew you and your husband are a joke. They are the last ppl to try judging anyone. Ralph off to LA to cheat I’m sure.

Neither Drew or Sheree need any assistants tho lol. What do they even do.

Drew is just such an idiot and a try hard bitch. I wish she would shut the fuck up.

Was that woman trying to have a moment on tv? She got all upset and made a scene over their arguing but didn’t seem to care about the dick sucking comments. Just weird lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Drew... sweet Drew... never go up against Sheree.  She's more lethal than Nene is, and keeps her cool better as well.  And Sheree was dragging Drew on Twitter as well.

Drew truly is the Teddi of RHOA

• Love 9
10 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

It's not expensive when you aren't paying people!

I wouldn't be surprised if Sheree had a lien on her house by the contractor.

I thought the new lady, Sonya?, looked like Monique from Potomac at the party.

Why was the lady so offended about the ladies' talk.  Hasn't she watched this show before.  Maybe she complained so she could get on camera.  I would have sat at the table and strained to hear all the T.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

Why was the lady so offended about the ladies' talk.  Hasn't she watched this show before.  Maybe she complained so she could get on camera.  I would have sat at the table and strained to hear all the T.  

I think that’s exactly what she was doing. Her making a scene was embarrassing a bit. I would’ve sat there quiet to not be noticed so I could hear it all lol.

I have a feeling Sheree’s furniture is not all paid for either. There’s just something so shady about her. She needs to rip try hard Drew apart tho lol.

• Love 7

When Kenya was planning the birthday party she agreed with the planner about it being a $15,000+ party why did she have to even tell her she was not sure if her ex would be chipping in and that he pays child support?  Why even tell the planner any of your financial issues. 

Also, why spend that much for a party for your 3 year old and invite all your friends?  That gallery was the least child friendly place she could have chosen and it was so not a tea party vibe, why not have it at home or tent on her property or some historic house/museum...so many questions.  

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

NOT the gay husband rumors .. this show and the homophobia these ladies constantly throw out 

It totally is! They are fixated on that subject.

The gay husband rumors seems to be that thing they ding each other with as the pen ultimate offense, like that is as low as they can go...odd and immature for these grown women.

• Love 6

Brooklyn is very cute, but just NO to that party outfit.  With all the black and silver it looked like she was attending a nighttime formal event.  She should have been in something pastel or floral and frilly.  And Kenya should have done something with her hair.  I'm disappointed in you Kenya (although her look was also more nighttime than tea party. *shrug*)

• Love 5
1 minute ago, jalady said:

Brooklyn is very cute, but just NO to that party outfit.  With all the black and silver it looked like she was attending a nighttime formal event.  She should have been in something pastel or floral and frilly.  And Kenya should have done something with her hair.  I'm disappointed in you Kenya (although her look was also more nighttime than tea party. *shrug*)

I thought it looked like that outfit was wearing her!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It totally is! They are fixated on that subject.

The gay husband rumors seems to be that thing they ding each other with as the pen ultimate offense, like that is as low as they can go...odd and immature for these grown women.

its either their husband is gay or they are low key gay or they don't have a man ... its super toxic and NO OTHER franchise does this ... the blatant homophobia of it all is just OLD and tiring .. I love how they say they love their "gays" but then throw this bullshit out 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, jalady said:

She looked like a Grand Dame in Newport or Palm Beach. St John’s vibes for sure. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Anyone think Kandi can get herself an Oscar? ….? Nah, me neither!

I doubt she will get the EGOT but an Oscar for best song counts which is feasible but improbable.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, amarante said:

I doubt she will get the EGOT but an Oscar for best song counts which is feasible but improbable.

there is also the possibility of producing something that wins an Oscar (which would still count towards the EGOT) 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

its either their husband is gay or they are low key gay or they don't have a man ... its super toxic and NO OTHER franchise does this ... the blatant homophobia of it all is just OLD and tiring .. I love how they say they love their "gays" but then throw this bullshit out 

I know 5 women whose husbands came out as gay and they were lengthy marriages with kids, it could not have been easy for the man to come out to his family and certainly not easy for the wife and kids to understand it, (we had two of these situations in my family), I really don't think any of these women have thought of the reality of the situation should it be real for one of these wives...this franchise has always had that homophobic undertone and yet Andy (of all people) embraces those women, I do not get it.  

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, amarante said:

6 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

there is also the possibility of producing something that wins an Oscar (which would still count towards the EGOT) 

Ah, come on… let me picture Kandi trying to recreate a Meryl Streep scene!! Let me have my “no way, Kandi” moment!

• LOL 4
On 5/16/2022 at 10:59 AM, amarante said:

A party like that isn't done for the benefit of the 3 year old child and her friends.

You know, it reminded of the parties Phaedra had for her kids. But at least those were entertaining and most people seemed to have fun.

• Love 5
On 5/15/2022 at 11:04 PM, Caseysgirl said:

On 5/15/2022 at 11:06 PM, funnygirl said:

That party wasn't for Brooklyn, it was for Ken. 

On 5/15/2022 at 11:09 PM, Stats Queen said:

$10,000 for a tea party, I may need to rethink my easy get rich schemes.

On 5/16/2022 at 10:32 AM, byrd said:

That party was a complete disaster, what ever possessed Kenya to play that stupid game is beyond me.  I don't blame the parents for leaving.

On 5/16/2022 at 11:59 AM, amarante said:

A party like that isn't done for the benefit of the 3 year old child and her friends. It is done to put on a show. Even extravagantly wealthy people wouldn't do a party like this for a 3 year old as they would spend the money on kid friendly stuff like a petting zoo; bouncy house; slides, fast food truck of some kind. If adults came it would be in a separate area.

3 hours ago, nb360 said:

You know, it reminded of the parties Phaedra had for her kids. But at least those were entertaining and most people seemed to have fun.

This reminded me of Taylor Armstrong's Mad Hatter-themed tea birthday party for her daughter on the first season of Beverly Hills. Taylor was primping/posing and the kid looked miserable.

Yes, this party is all about Ken.

The lesson learned from this show is never hire Anthony as your personal assistant.

However, I do believe him about Sheree not paying her bills.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, qtpye said:

The lesson learned from this show is never hire Anthony as your personal assistant.

Exactly! Why was this so hard for Drew to understand? Funny enough, when I heard Drew was joining the show, I was surprised because she had a recognizable acting career. Now, I don't think Drew has the chops to keep up with the other Housewives. Her toxic marriage, judgmental attitude, and tunnel vision all make her a drain on this show.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, qtpye said:

I wouldn't have hired him, he is too extra for me...he seems exhausting to be around.  My thought is the only reason to hire him is for juicy scoop about his former employers however you have to be included in his dirt dishing as well.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Exactly! Why was this so hard for Drew to understand? Funny enough, when I heard Drew was joining the show, I was surprised because she had a recognizable acting career. Now, I don't think Drew has the chops to keep up with the other Housewives. Her toxic marriage, judgmental attitude, and tunnel vision all make her a drain on this show.

Sheree should pay her bills but it is crazy that Drew does not think about this man maybe also putting her business out on the streets, as well.

"Ralph is gay" will not be her main story. I am already sick of that type of plotline.

On 5/16/2022 at 11:55 AM, Sheenieb said:

Drew really needs a stylist. I don't know why these Housewives think that tulle Barbie dress is it. It's too short and too young. 

Drew might be running neck and neck with Gizelle from Potomac in the "Beautiful Woman who can't dress for shit" category.

She needs to fire some of those assistants and hire a stylist.

On 5/16/2022 at 4:37 PM, amarante said:

I just had to laugh at loud at these grown-ass women (including fifty-year-old Marlow) thinking that something is shocking just because it contains a sexual act.

The most famous family on the planet right now (unfortunately) owes their fame to a sex tape.

• Love 8

I am re watching the of this episode, Marlow's crack about not inviting Kenya's white friends struck me odd and a bit, I don't know, racist of a sort.

Did Google have anything to say about Sheree and her look a like Google search engine that said Joggers and She by Sheree in the search bar?  Does She by Sheree really even sell clothes at this point, I am not looking on line for it.

I checked Marlow's IMDB page and it was basically all HW related soooo...I am not seeing a large body of work outside of Bravo HW shows.

Marlow is going to the birthday party to support a 3 year old who does not know her...support of a 3 year old, that sounds nuts to me.

Sanya is in a car accident and calls Drew for help? Really, Drew is first on her list to come help her?  Are they really friends like that?  Also, that was not looking like a tractor trailer side swiped her and dragged her car down the road.

• Love 7

Marlow's crack about not inviting Kenya's white friends struck me odd and a bit, I don't know, racist of a sort.

Marlo can't be racist. She loves them old rich white wallets.

• LOL 9