Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Villa Today, Gone Tomorrow

• Start Topic

After getting vulnerable with Daisy about how low she’s been feeling aboard Parsifal III, Gabriela wants to try to turn things around on the upcoming crew day off. Coming off another successful charter and in true celebratory fashion, Ashley goes full steam ahead in her pursuit for Gary. The next morning, however, a hungover Gary claims he can’t remember what happened. The crew head to a luxury villa to unwind, reset and figure out what really happened between Gary and Ashley. Everyone is riding high until Marcos and Gabriela bump heads yet again, instantly turning a day in paradise into one of drama and torture.

Airdate: 04/25/2022

• Useful 1

I'm beginning to think that Gabby has a serious mental  disorder or else she has a problem when she drinks. It's sad because she seemed so happy at first and now she is quitting. She and Glen are going to be on WWHL so probably there will be some more information. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

Imagine if the gender roles were reversed? Ashley is a straight up predator. Sickening how she thinks what she did is cute  

I don't really get Gabi. I think she puts many of them on edge and definitely triggers something in Marcos. 

• Love 21

Horny Ashley is just too much.  Have some self-respect girl.

I like how the Captain just sleeps through it all.

Nasty fall by Kelsie.

Nice villa!  Who didn't see a drunken mess coming.

What's Marcos' problem with Gabby?  She's such an insecure mess, but he's being really thin skinned.

Then she bails.

• Love 14

Gabriella seems manic/depressive. I think Daisy could have been much more helpful to her as this all was coming about. She is just not a great leader. That said, she's not responsible for Gabbys mental issues. It was just the perfect storm for Gabriella. I'm hoping after some therapy and (meds?? maybe?) that she'll be back someday.

I didn't think I could like Ashley any less, but this episode made me a liar. What a duplicitous, smug little shit, lavishing joy during Gabriellas breakdown. Enjoy that lower bunk bitch. I hope you get an STD.

Edited by aqusdealer
  • Love 19
15 minutes ago, snarts said:

I don't really get Gabi. I think she puts many of them on edge and definitely triggers something in Marcos. 

12 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

What's Marcos' problem with Gabby?  She's such an insecure mess, but he's being really thin skinned.

Then she bails.

The interwebs in general have been more understanding of Gabby than I have while viewing her. She seemed to think this show was going to be something else for her, then she started approaching people she didn't have conflict with like she was winning an argument they weren't aware they were participating in. I think Marcos was trying to not shut her out completely, then he just got p*ssed.

I do think Daisy should have set better parameters at the start and managed both Gabby's expectations and Ashley in general a lot better.

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, aqusdealer said:

Gabriella seems manic/depressive. I think Daisy could have been much more helpful to her as this all was coming about. She is just not a great leader. That said, she's not responsible for Gabbys mental issues. It was just the perfect storm for Gabriella. I'm hoping after some therapy and (meds?? maybe?) that she'll be back someday.

I didn't think I could like Ashley any less, but this episode made me a liar. What a duplicitous, smug little shit, lavishing joy during Gabriellas breakdown. Enjoy that lower bunk bitch. I hope you get an STD.

I sincerely hope that the new stew will come in as second stew, so that Ashley can enjoy both the lower bunk and the lower stew status - just because she is coming across as a skanky bitch with no sense of self-awareness.  Her parents must be so proud!!  Not that Gary is much better - he's just as skanky, but we already knew that.  I just wish that Ashley would be smart enough to realize that she's been throwing herself at Gary for over half a charter season, and he hasn't jumped to the bait until now, and even then, if the audio is to be believed, he basically stopped the act before they even really got started.  And, then, he's playing the drunken amnesia card, so at least he's somewhat embarrassed at what "almost" happened.

I guess my opinion of Ashley is worse than my opinion of Gary - apparently, I still have a level of double standards when it comes to this type of situation.  Or, maybe because, at least with Gary, I believe he will back off when someone turns him down, where Ashley just keeps going in harder and harder, thereby, looking totally desperate.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

I'm beginning to think that Gabby has a serious mental  disorder or else she has a problem when she drinks. It's sad because she seemed so happy at first and now she is quitting. She and Glen are going to be on WWHL so probably there will be some more information. 

So many M.D. are now paying more attention to the mental health of their patients. This Coronavirus pandemic has changed a lot of things in our lives forever.

Edited by APK
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, snarts said:

Imagine if the gender roles were reversed? Ashley is a straight up predator. Sickening how she thinks what she did is cute  

I didn’t like how Marcos was acting either, he needed to shut it and ignore the issue but he wouldn’t, and they were all pissed of course.  Overall  another incredibly boring episode.

• Love 8

Ashley is so childishly immature. Gary had better watch himself or he's going to be accused of child molestation🙄

Gabriella made the right decision. She needs serious psychotherapy.🤕

. Love that Collin sees the entertainment value in his drunken mates.

• Love 5

Wow, Gabriela got weird! My armchair diagnosis is some mental disorder exacerbated by alcohol. Marcos explained Gabriella was pushing buttons his ex-girlfriend installed. He had nothing for Gabriella. No patience, no forgiveness, no f**ks to give. 

When we got the closed captioning for Gary and the snake Ashley behind closed doors, I was DYING! I was laughing so hard I started coughing and couldn’t stop!

“Gary’s a baaad boy” “We’re not having sex” Comedy gold!

Then I think he just pulled out, out on his pants, and walked out of the room, leaving the door open.

I usually record, watch, and delete the recording of this show but I’m keeping this one to rewatch these scenes!

I think Gabriella left the best she could after her difficult night before. Glenn, once again, is a total class act, telling her he’d work with her again. She needed that and it was a nice send off.

Ashley remains a terrible human being.

• Love 13

Gabriella had her issues to deal with and being on the boat was not giving her the space to help herself, okay fine take care of yourself on dry land and be well.  Even on her worst day she is an excellent stew.

Ashley does not recognize that she is needy and her thought on winning at life is sleeping with someone who in reality does not like her and does not want to sleep with but won't say no to sex or a bj or even a foot rub and well, booze induced carrying on in general. The sad thing is Ashley does not see a problem with her behavior.

Daisy has to keep the gears in motion for service as best she can, she knows Gabby does a great job and tells her that, Ashley does not seem to care about getting a pep talk from Daisy and Daisy just has to keep moving forward.

Gary is the feckless man whore, is totally aware of who and what he is, he is also a good deckhand. He probably does not understand why he has become the gold standard as the one to "get" for the women on board and frankly I don't either.

Marcos and the rest of them are a blur except for Capt. Glenn whose thirst for knowledge of eels continues to impress.

I think this is by far my favorite season of BD Yachting ever and I cannot pinpoint why.

• Love 12

Gabby really did take a turn to the dark side on this episode.  What was up with her "thank you for coming to my house"  "Now  you must leave"?  I am sure in her head it was comedy gold, but when said the crew, it just fell flat due to the earlier run in with Marcos.  She needs to learn to read the room.  I attribute this to her alcohol intake.

That being said I am glad she decided to remove herself from the situation and get help.  And again Captain is understanding and makes her leaving as easy on her as possible.  I hope she gets the help she needs.

Now, bring on the blonde to watch Smug Ashley squirm with new competition.  She has no shame when it comes to Gary.  She didn't even care the next morning the guys making fun of her "massage" with Gary.  And Gary has no memory of her BJ.  Smooth move Gary!

• Love 10

I feel for Gaby. She’ll have to relive this whole horrible segment of her life on television. It’s not bad enough to have a meltdown in front of all your coworkers but then it gets played back to the world so you have to relive it. A lot must have been left on the editing floor because I couldn’t figure out where the mutual animosity between Marcos & Gaby started but it was volatile.

Edited by Caseysgirl
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

I think Daisy could have been much more helpful to her as this all was coming about. She is just not a great leader.

Daisy's "hands off" approach to Gaby and Ashley was a failure and hopefully she learned from it.

• Love 11

It is so difficult to watch this show knowing the parents/family of one of the crew. First time I’ve had this experience and I hope it’s the last. So cringe worthy. 

Edited by spacefly
  • Useful 4

Gary appears to be a likable guy however I believe he likes sex too much. I believe Gary is coming dangerously close to inappropriate conduct and touching. Workplace romances usually end in disaster. Gary’s behavior may land him in court one day.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I feel for Gaby. She’ll have to relive this whole horrible segment of her life on television. It’s not bad enough to have a meltdown in front of all your coworkers but then it gets played back to the world so you have to relive it. A lot must have been left on the editing floor because I couldn’t figure out where the mutual animosity between Marcos & Gaby started but it was volatile.

She was great on WWHL.

• Love 6

I was waiting for someone to go there. I do think if the roles were reversed everyone would be crying rape, but the fact is that Gary knew damn well what they were going down into the guest cabin for. He was a willing participant. I don't buy for one minute he didn't remember the next morning either. 

I don't know what to make of the whole Gabriela situation. I was glad her co-workers kind of ganged up on Daisy in the car ride back to the boat and told her it was her responsibility to talk to Gabi since she was her supervisor. Daisy seemed to think she could just divorce herself of the entire situation. She really is a bad manager. But she apparently does not see herself in that position. I'm not sure what she's thinking. Perhaps that her only responsibility is to make sure the work is getting done and whatever personal grievances are happening are none of her business.

I thought it was interesting that when Gabi was talking to her friend (Cookie? A male friend named Cookie? OK then.) he pointed out she had this passive-aggressive thing going on and that it was all about her, not everyone else. He really knows her. 

Marcos and the rest of them are a blur except for Capt. Glenn whose thirst for knowledge of eels continues to impress.

I think they used that audio for a laugh, I don't believe for one minute Glenn was actually watching a video about eels. 

• Love 5

The eel thing made for a great laugh though!

Colin's reaction to Gabriella asking if he wanted to drink alone was the only time he's been close to anger on camera.  He's always nursing a beer, but he's never blackout drunk like the rest of them.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I was waiting for someone to go there. I do think if the roles were reversed everyone would be crying rape, but the fact is that Gary knew damn well what they were going down into the guest cabin for. He was a willing participant. I don't buy for one minute he didn't remember the next morning either. 

Taking Gary at his word on being extremely intoxicated, he wasn't in any position "to know damn well what they were going down to the guest cabin for" or properly give consent. We heard the audio of him saying no and at some point he did abruptly get up (seemingly mid-coitus) and stumbled out of the room. Just because he wasn't visibly upset doesn't negate Ashley's predatory behavior. Again, if the situation were reversed and he had done the same to a drunk Ashley, I'd be just as appalled.

1 hour ago, spacefly said:

It is so difficult to watch this show knowing the parents/family of one of the crew. First time I’ve had this experience and I hope it’s the last. So cringe worthy. 

For their sake (and yours), sure hope it isn't Ashley...

• Love 14
14 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I guess my opinion of Ashley is worse than my opinion of Gary - apparently, I still have a level of double standards when it comes to this type of situation.  Or, maybe because, at least with Gary, I believe he will back off when someone turns him down, where Ashley just keeps going in harder and harder, thereby, looking totally desperate.

4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Gary is the feckless man whore, is totally aware of who and what he is, he is also a good deckhand. He probably does not understand why he has become the gold standard as the one to "get" for the women on board and frankly I don't either.

I think the second of these from BB is why I'm liking Ashley less. Her wanting Gary is all about some imaginary competition with the other women on the boat. She didn't like being 3rd to Gabi's 2nd stew, but only became downright nasty to her after Gary started showing an interest in Ashley. She even said at some point that she hoped the new deck hand would appeal to Gabi so she'd leave Gary for her to "win". And that's what it's all about. Proving to herself she's somehow the hottest, most desirable of the women on board. And much as I dislike her, I do also sort of pity her for that fact. 

As to Gary, he is what he is, but I haven't seen him be competitive or jealous or anything. Not saying I love him, but mostly just find him sort of there in all his Gary-ness. When I think of him vs someone like Joau (spelling?) and his raging misogyny? Not even close

27 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

Colin's reaction to Gabriella asking if he wanted to drink alone was the only time he's been close to anger on camera.  He's always nursing a beer, but he's never blackout drunk like the rest of them.

That was truly where I lost any sympathy for Gabi. Her weird attempts at joking that the villa was her house and they were all her guests was strange and awkward and veered into rude. But her ordering Colin to fetch a couple beers when she sat down with them? Like what the heck? She could have ameliorated her effect by asking him to get the beer so she could talk to Ashley alone, but actually it was just that she thought he should get her a beer. This after she had been up and about and could have got one herself before joining them.

Still think there's good stuff about Gabi (as opposed to Ashley, of whom I'm not sure there is), but boy did she shoot herself in the foot over and over again, almost compulsively. 

• Love 7

I'm still watching, so sorry if this was discussed. "Captain Glen is probably in the hot tub." Cut to the scene of him in bed listening to a podcast about eels. It makes me like him more (after I stopped laughing).

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, snarts said:

I agree about Ashley. That is never okay. It's why I was disappointed with Gabi on past episodes. I do like Colin's take on things. Some call him a shit stirrer, but I think he is just observant. 

I like Gabi, and I think we may have not seen important things.

Did we see a lot more of Kelsie? She seems smart and fun, but the whole Gary thing took up too much air space.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, spacefly said:

Hopefully it isn't Ashley's family.

I agree with Colin.  Gary either has a magic wand or a magic dick.  I just don't get the attraction.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I like Ashley.  She's the kind of girl who makes an irresponsible weekend in Vegas a lifetime memory...hopefully that "memory" isn't herpes.  I can imagine Tom telling his friends about this crazy girl with big boobs he banged on a TV show 20 years ago.

Admittedly, it's not great for her.  She's addicted to attention and chaos - it won't lead to a fulfilling life.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Hopefully it isn't Ashley's family.

Well it is and ugh, it's so bad for so many reasons. I even know her grandparents and i hope they aren't watching.

• Hugs 1
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, aghst said:

What did she say?

Mostly admitted her shortcomings.  Did what was best for her.  Is really pissed that after she foolishly confided in Ashley, Ashley went and told everybody what she said.

And she has a new job as first mate on a 53 foot sailboat😎

And Glenn was hilarious!

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
36 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

I like Ashley.  She's the kind of girl who makes an irresponsible weekend in Vegas a lifetime memory...hopefully that "memory" isn't herpes. 

I suppose there will ALWAYS people who like females like Ashley.  Are many of them women?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, spacefly said:

I didn't mean normal in the sense of the the parental unit configuration I guess a better word would have been average middle class family of one sort or another with nothing that would stand out as a red flag. I shouldn't have used the word "normal".

Thanks for sharing the info, Spacefly.  I feel sorry for her family, not just because of the embarrassment of her this season but in being related to such a trashy ho-bag with zero self-awareness.  

To me, Ashley seems to be stuck emotionally at around 14.  It's all about "winning" to her and showing off.  She seems to think that just because she's got a massive pair of boobs, it's all that's necessary.  It may be, at least temporarily, for someone like 
Gary, who doesn't appear to bring much to the table (unless his wand shoots gold bricks out of it) and would soon tire of her anyhow but she's not likely to get someone who would appreciate her as anything more than a living, breathing sex doll.  Wait until those cellulite dimples get bigger and the boobs start to droop.  

The whole time Gabi was saying that she was so disappointed in herself, etc., I was yelling at my tv "Then stop drinking!"  That's actually good advice for all of them, other than Colin and Marcos.  They all drink like it's their 21st birthday and first time to drink legally.  They all drink like there's no tomorrow, then have to get up the next morning to prepare for charter, moaning and crying about how awful they feel.  Zero sympathy from me, especially since half the crew is/was 30 and older.  

Daisy may be a very nice person but she's just not an effective chief stew.  As soon as she became aware there were issues between Gabi and Ashley, and especially that Ashley was being insubordinate to Gabi, she should have nipped that in the bud.  Immediately.  She also should have told Ashley that she didn't want any more of Ashley playing run-tell-dat on Gabi.  And it's beyond hypocritical for Daisy to tell Gabi (or anybody) that they need to stop drinking when every single morning after going out, Daisy says she's hung over, etc.  Heck, one of the first things she said about the whole villa thing was that she needed to get lit.  Why?  Because she worked for two or three days?  Girl, please.  She was probably so drunk at the villa that she didn't even realize she kicked Gabi in the face at the pool.  I'm amazed that no one drowned that afternoon (with the exception of Ashley and her flotation devices).  

I think Gabi was an excellent stew but with problems that were either caused by or exacerbated by alcohol and who didn't need to be in the close confines of a sailboat yacht.  It was best for her to leave and while I'm sorry to see her go, it was the right move.  I hope the new stew will be put into second stew position.  From the previews, she looks pretty so Ashley will probably lose her mind.

Speaking of, I don't believe Gary for a second that he has zero memory of being in the guest room with Ashley.  At one point he said he didn't remember getting back to the boat from the villa, then at another, he said he remembered her foot massage.  So which is it?  I think these people use the "I don't remember" card way too often.  If they truly don't remember, they are drinking way, way too much.  

I agree with posters upthread who said that if Ashley was the man in the scenario with Gary, it would be assault and rape.  She is so aggressive, if I were Gary I'd be worried she'd rip my head off after mating, like a praying mantis.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 12

JFC, Colin out of the shower with just a towel. I may have had to have a lie down. 

Something happens to Gabi when she drinks, and she becomes  so negative and attacking. Daisy, I feel you, you don't know what to do.

Gary is up ;) for all the woman love, and I don't understand it, but the man can be charming and knows his job.

Ashley, put the tits away.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

Being of an age where many of them could be my own kids, I can’t imagine how their parents feel about some of this stuff. 
Probably all proud at first, posting and telling everyone “Hey my kid is going to be on Below Deck!” 
Neighbors, friends, church friends, family….all watch.  Then your kid is like Ashley or Gary or Sydney.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I suppose there will ALWAYS people who like females like Ashley.  Are many of them women?

There are always the women like Ashley who say they get along better with men. Yes, because we know you will be showing your tits and trying to steal our husbands and boyfriends.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Gabby did not give an explanation on WWHL as to what happened to change her demeanor while she was on the boat. It's alsmost like she has 2 different personalities. 

Definitely two.  Alcohol brings out the worst in her.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Yeah, there are definitely some double-standards here. Most surely. Women can get away with s**t that guys would be thrown into jail for. Not fair. *sniff*

Did we see a lot more of Kelsie? She seems smart and fun, but the whole Gary thing took up too much air space.

Kelsie seems fun and really sweet -- the kind of lady I'd love to take on a date, but as for Ashley...I'd make an appointment with the doc to check for..."venereal complications" just by being in the same room as her. Maybe one day her emotional development will match her physical development.

I get the strong feeling that there's lots of stuff in Gabby's past that we're not privy to (alcoholism? emotional issues?), and there seem to be "holes" in the on-screen narrative. She's a smart cookie, and I think she'll be just fine.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I hope Gabby is doing well. She started off the season as top notch stew, where she started to lose points when she went crawling into bed with Gary. She got worse especially when drinking and sad thing is that she knows how she behaved after. I am glad she recognized that she needed off the ship and didn't place the blame on anyone but herself. I can't wait till Ashleys teets drops when the new hotter stew comes aboard. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, nokat said:
6 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

There are always the women like Ashley who say they get along better with men. Yes, because we know you will be showing your tits and trying to steal our husbands and boyfriends.

YIKES...tell me, NoKat...you read my question correctly, but answered something different.   XOXOX

2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I can't wait till Ashleys teets drops when the new hotter stew comes aboard.

I sprayed lemonade out of my nose when I saw the new stew.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I can't wait till Ashleys teets drops when the new hotter stew comes aboard. 

I guess I'll have to wait until she runs into THE WRONG FEMALE!   I want BIGGER commuppance.

Wonder what she was like in school ~ wonder what girls were like for her in school.

• Love 2

Every once in a while you see an episode that is so gripping, so intense, so passionate about our world and our experiences in it that you renew and appreciate your faith in television.

This is *NOT* one of those episodes.

But the comments *ARE* in order of the episode broadcast….

Colin makes a good point when he says that something is “not right” about Gabriela.  She was so positive and enthusiastic at the start of the series – now I have to ask what mutant alien took over her body and replaced her for the last couple of episodes.  Kudos to Colin for being sympathetic.

While the crew were at their dinner party, the cut back to Captain Glenn and his (obviously fake) listening to the doco about “eels reproducing in the wild”.  Hilarious.  A high point of the ep.

In the van after the dinner, Kelsie didn’t want to kiss Gary because he “smelt like cigarettes”.   Truth be told, there’s a whole host of reasons why one wouldn’t want to kiss him.

Gary is so drunk he doesn’t realise he’s having sex when he’s having sex?  Colin was right – Gary does have a “magic wand” (no comment).

So… Kelsie falls trying to get into her bunk.  Other people (Ashley) have fallen drunk out of their bunk.  Gary pinches his finger.  Marcos gets a head injury.  There should have been forms filled out in triplicate!  Just ask Captain Queeg (Sandy) from a parallel show.

Once again, while the crew is on their Day Out, the cutbacks to Captain Glenn by himself, doing his thing, are hilarious.

It’s so ironic how Ashley craves attention from Gary – and he keeps denying it.

Ashley quote – “I almost made it the whole day without getting into bed with anyone.”  Almost.

Daisy is surprised she’s actually going to have to do her job and manage her staff!  Good luck, world.

At the preference sheet meeting: “Dr. Nichols has requested the crew always address her as Dr. Nichols.”  What a pretentious Cee-U-Next-Tuesday.  I hate these next guests already.

So Gabriela up and quits?  Why do I suspect this was planned all along?  It’s just so incongruous to how she was at the start of the season.  Well, she played her part skillfully, I suppose….

Daisy, you are one of the worst managers ever.  You foster this environment of quicksand.  And Marcos, I really, really don’t like you.

Looking forward to the new stew giving Ashley a run for her…. Assets.

• Love 7

Production needs to quit encouraging this black out drunkenness.  It looked like there was no food, and only alcohol available while they were all pool side.  I don't enjoy watching people rowdy drunk like that. You'd think they were all teenagers.  I think it's best for Gabi that she got herself out of this situation.  

And finally to paraphrase Dean Wormer: " Drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son" 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

YIKES...tell me, NoKat...you read my question correctly, but answered something different.   XOXOX

I guess I didn't answer that question directly. Many women don't like Ashleys. We are not envious or jealous, we just see the desperation and how they come on to anyone with a dick.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9