Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Episodes happen in episode time.  Let's keep social media, etc., to the media and individual character threads.

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

True, but the HWs were still hawking their businesses in the early days as well. Vicki with her insurance agency, Jeanna with her real estate, on RHONY you had Jill pushing Zarin Fabric and Ramona with her business(es)...

This is true, and the venues ( restaurants in particular) got plenty of promos.....but the difference is that the businesses you mentioned above were in existence and doing pretty well BEFORE their mamas because Reho's. :)

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

The point was only Emily getting to wear a wedding dress (poorly) on camera and have some family wedding pics taken 13 years after the fact.  Weird. 

Wonder how that works with the famous Vowel renewal curse of the howives? Hopefully, it doesn't count since, next to Archie,  Shane is my favorite.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

the difference is that the businesses you mentioned above were in existence and doing pretty well BEFORE their mamas because Reho's. :)

Which doesn't really matter, whether it's a new business or not, promoting their business has always been a HW thing.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think we were drawn in to the HW's shows because they were living lifestyles that were not common among us regular people and the fact that social media was not so much of a thing back then, I am not counting MySpace as social media, lol.  Once the HW's got a little fame on other platforms, product deals, etc...it changed everything, now the HW's shows are simply vehicles to promote their products and a way to get on other shows.  The show hasn't changed it's the HW's motives that has changed, it is not that pure type of entertainment anymore...not when there could be a book deal or skin care line to promote.

I recently watched the first season of OC a d I do think the format has changed. Watch it. The "drama" is Jo and Slade having issues, Kimberly diagnosed with Skin Cancer, what school will Shane Go to. The women were actually pretty supportive of each other. Vickie helping Lauri by giving her a job before Wallet came along. Kimberly sympathizing with Jo. It was really not as mean. Granted, it didn't take too many seasons to get nasty, but the original concept was definitely more about watching the lifestyle than all the nastiness.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
9 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

For those calling on Andy to recast and shake things up because this season was, at best, meh; He was excited about this season of OC and even said:

I don't know what show he was watching, or what kinds of drugs he was taking when he watched, but,..No, this season was far from "fantastic." Even in relative terms. Maybe it's time to recast Andy Cohen

He loves Heather and it seems like he is her own personal PR agent, so I guess from his point of view this season has been a success.  Blech.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Which doesn't really matter, whether it's a new business or not, promoting their business has always been a HW thing.

It feels a bit different to me.  Many of the early folks seem to have joined to push their existing businesses.  They saw the show as an expansion of their marketing.  Not all housewives had a specific business, but many did.  

It morphed to people creating new businesses (using that term loosely) that was often slapping their names on existing products to attempt to create a new revenue stream, from rebranded makeup and purses.  Sure, we have some exciting new lemon products from Shannon, none of which are lemon pledge with a new label - or are they?  😁

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

I think in the original and early seasons, the women really were friends. I think the only one who was not was Jo but she was new to living htere. The others really did seem to be friends and know each other beyong camera time.

Jeana Keough was responsible for most of the original casting. She knew everyone in Coto. The only wildcard was Jo. But Jeana might have known Slade through business (back in the days when he used to actually work). 😁

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jeana Keough was responsible for most of the original casting. She knew everyone in Coto. The only wildcard was Jo. But Jeana might have known Slade through business (back in the days when he used to actually work). 😁

She did and I knew them both, to a minimal degree. I was in the Mortgage Industry fir decades. Slade was a Title Rep and, of course, Jeanna a Real Estate agent. I had only ever spoken to them on the phone, but a guy I worked with lived in Coto and knew all if them except Jo and Kimberly. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

I agree...if she wants her relationship with John to move forward and remain healthy, then she should get off the show. 

I wonder how much they'd pay Shannon to just have a guest star role for ARCHIE???

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Heather can definitely sing. She studied musical theater at Rochester. Sang the theme song for the show That’s Life.  And here’s a sample of another show.

Edited by Pattycake2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, Pattycake2 said:

Heather can definitely sing. She studied musical theater at Rochester. Sang the theme song for the show That’s Life.  And here’s a sample of another show.

O dear god...she's awful.

4 hours ago, la patineuse said:

He loves Heather and it seems like he is her own personal PR agent, so I guess from his point of view this season has been a success.  Blech.

He has his favorites...on every Housewives show. Heather knows how to suck up to him.

• Love 7
On 4/13/2022 at 9:21 PM, Ms.Lulu said:

5) Heather tries too hard to run everything.

I first read this as Heather tries to ruin everything.

Seems both statements are accurate.

Edited by JonnieUniteUs
  • LOL 18
  • Love 6

I guess I'm in the minority because I thought the performance thing was a little cheesy but they looked like they had fun. 

I thought Noella trying to remove her rings and them getting stuck was fake.

• Love 13
12 hours ago, SnarkAttack said:

Does anyone know the height of all these ladies?  I know Jen is shorter, but the rest are so tall.

I feel like a lot of them are shorter but that might be because I see some of the fashion that they wear and it’s plenty long enough on the housewives but when you see the same item on a 5’10”+ model some dresses look pretty short on them.

I just did a quick search on Shannon and some sites say she’s 5’5”and one said she’s 5’11”

🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by JonnieUniteUs
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1

By the way some of these comments in this thread have had me rolling. So many funny people here with special mention in this thread to chenoa333, Baltimore Betty, and J80134.  😅

Edited by JonnieUniteUs
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, SnarkAttack said:

Noella said she wants to start over in a new house; she most likely HAD to move because of the divorce, duh!!

Since it was a rental my guess the lease was up.

49 minutes ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

By the way some of these comments in this thread have had me rolling. So many funny people here with special mention in this thread to chenoa333, Baltimore Betty, and J80134.  😅

I am seriously honored to be mentioned!  Thank you!

You have your share of funny posts too.

• Love 8

Emily cant have pictures taken of something she never got the chance to do the first time? so EVERYONE who didn't get a honeymoon and takes one years later with there spouse should they be crapped on to for being dumb and stupid? Let the woman have something without her being attacked come on now

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Emily cant have pictures taken of something she never got the chance to do the first time? so EVERYONE who didn't get a honeymoon and takes one years later with there spouse should they be crapped on to for being dumb and stupid? Let the woman have something without her being attacked come on now

I haven't noticed a lot of negative comments about the picture's. Most of the negatives I have seen, and made, were regarding The Spice Girls-Menopause Edition, which is one of the strangest things I have seen on any Howives and that is  sayng something. However, as awful as Emily has been this season, she deserves plenty of shade overall. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, chlban said:

However, as awful as Emily has been this season, she deserves plenty of shade overall. 

Oh its out there and its funny to me .... So lets “crap” on her for doing what TONS of others have done who didn't get the wedding they dreamed of the first time? I don't get this that's all I am saying .. she never got the white gown and pictures so she made up for it by doing photos ... I am not seeing the "wrong" in that .I think it’s something relatable to a lot of people and something I could see other people seeing and say ya know what I deserve that too. .100% there are other things to hate on her for but this just seems petty to me

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 4

I think this particular series has jumped the shark.  Not fun, funny or the least bit interesting anymore.  Everything seems staged.  I'll watch the reunion show but then I'm pretty sure I'm done. 

• Love 11

At least Emily just did the family photo shoot and included Shane's older daughter, instead of the destination vow renewal production number. It felt meaningful to the family. And I like that Shane seems more comfortable with the camera intrusion into their lives. 

Maybe Shannon and John should get a boat big enough for cruising. With cell phone technology visits to various ports of call could be filmed unobtrusively.  I might watch that if it focused on travel not contrived drama.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I  just thought the whole premise of "Wedding Photos" was weird.  Wedding pics capture a specific moment.  Delayed honeymoons are a thing but maybe delayed wedding photos are too now?   It wasn't a renewal, it was a photo shoot.  Emily wanted a pic of herself (and immediate fam) in a wedding dress.  Seems like she could have that done off camera (and consulted a  stylist) since there didn't appear to be any hint of a party or anything.  

I wonder if the original idea was for Emily to host the end of season party with a vow renewal and then found out about the curse, lol? 

Edited by Cosmocrush
Not sure what a vowel renewal is...corrected.
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

I  just thought the whole premise of "Wedding Photos" was weird.  Wedding pics capture a specific moment.  Delayed honeymoons are a thing but maybe delayed wedding photos are too now?   It wasn't a renewal, it was a photo shoot.  Emily wanted a pic of herself (and immediate fam) in a wedding dress.  Seems like she could have that done off camera (and consulted a  stylist) since there didn't appear to be any hint of a party or anything.  

I wonder if the original idea was for Emily to host the end of season party with a vowel renewal and then found out about the curse, lol? 

Why have Gina there, to stand there and watch Emily have pictures taken of her, she was gushing like it was a wedding.  A little wedding cake, some nibbles and bubbly it could have been a nice little party.  Emily wanting wedding photos and that would have been fine but her kids were not at her wedding, what she had was a family portrait taken, in a wedding dress.

• Love 10

Coupla things.  I thought the 1st time we saw Emily's back ass it was a fluke.  Nope, wedding dress gave her back ass again.  To Bravo, no more 'girl band' stuff.  I was embarrassed for them and myself for sitting through it.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

They all think they are going to pull a Bethenny and get rich off of promoting something that they came up with.  While I do not like Bethenny I have to say that she came up with a brilliant idea to market booze to women. This had not been done before. She also had the full backing of Bravo and Andy Cohen who pushed and pushed Skinny Girl. She had great luck with the timing of getting the product out before any other housewives came up with an alcoholic drink.   And as much as I dislike Bethenny she worked her but off shilling this stuff. Full disclosure I have never and I will never purchase or drink any Skinny Girl booze. 

Who in their right mind is going to buy Shannon's lemon tincture or Gina's skin care line? Shannon would have been better off banking her divorce settlement to have a little nest egg rather than blowing it on this junk. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Only 732,000 tuned in to their big finale.  This show regularly got well over a million viewers per episode as recently as last season.

https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-wednesday-4-13-2022-top-150-cable-originals-network-finals.html

I think Andy's comment a while back, when Kelly Dodd made a comment about the bas ratings, was to check the DVR numbers. 

3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Coupla things.  I thought the 1st time we saw Emily's back ass it was a fluke.  Nope, wedding dress gave her back ass again.  To Bravo, no more 'girl band' stuff.  I was embarrassed for them and myself for sitting through it.  

So true. I still can't believe that several people thought the band was a good idea. Just so desperate.

• Love 4

Shannon's band party was certainly not my idea of fun. But I do have to say she gives better parties than Heather...like the cruise to dinner.

Heather seems to kick everyone out or make it a marriage counseling hit job when she give a party....and Nobu, Nobu, Nobu...or adding onion rings.

Edited by maggiemae
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

Shannon's band party was certainly not my idea of fun. But I do have to say she gives better parties than Heather...like the cruise to dinner.

Heather seems to kick everyone out or make it a marriage counseling hit job when she give a party....and Nobu, Nobu, Nobu...or adding onion rings.

Shannon does throw good parties. Fun Shannon is fun when she shows up and arrives in costume.

Heather throws horrible parties. Of course, they would be better if she would let her guests eat the expensive sushi and would  let them into another room besides the hotel lobby.

I was excited to have Heather back, but this is not the Heather Ixwas expecting.

• Love 14
On 4/14/2022 at 3:30 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

All in all a bust of a season. I wonder if they will shake up the cast next year? Jen is a waste of space. Noella is only useful because she gets under Heather's skin. Gina is too full of herself. I loved that the card at the end made reference to that - lol.  The only one I care to see next year is Shannon, not only because I like her but also like her kids, her SO and especially Archie. And they can keep Emily only because Shane's snark is worth putting up with her. 

On 4/14/2022 at 8:58 PM, Mar said:

Goodbye RHOC??
302BAD58-841B-4770-B166-800FB5B3037A.thumb.jpeg.178df8a48d91ba3b8e3f7b24adfbcb33.jpeg

So boring, although I thought the singing bit was fun.  I want to know the real reason behind the show getting rid of Tamra.  Vicki named Bravo/production in a lawsuit so it's no surprise that she got the boot.  I also want to know who Emily and Gina are connected to in casting/production.  For them to have lasted so long while bringing almost nothing is mystifying.  Jen brought absolutely nothing the whole season.  Heather cannot lead a show and neither can Shannon but they are good as part of an ensemble.  I say axe Jen, Gina and Emily bring back Tamra and Gretchen or Meghan and then a new person.

• Love 4

What a boring episode, what a boring season. 

There was a scene in the season trailer where Gina was arguing with Emily, and I've been waiting for that scene all this while and I can't remember ever seeing it. I wonder why. 

Edit: I watched the trailer and didn't find the scene I thought I'd seen. That's weird. Never mind!

Edited by Glama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

This season was sooooo boring....how boring was it?  I didn't realize this was the finale until the little narratives at the very end.  I was like, oh....this is it?  Mmmm kay.

The Emily photo scene was so odd, as others have said.  They just got all dressed up, took pictures in....the front of their house?  Do I have that right?  Orange County is close to....oh, I don't know, the Pacific Ocean for heaven's sake.  But in front of their planned community cul-de-sac house, with neighbors jogging by, yeah that's a better choice.

And then, everyone changed back into yoga pants & got back to their Netflix?  Not so much as a pre-made grocery store charcuterie board?   Those little pieces of pre-cut cheese?  Box of crackers?  No?

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Glama said:

What a boring episode, what a boring season. 

There was a scene in the season trailer where Gina was arguing with Emily, and I've been waiting for that scene all this while and I can't remember ever seeing it. I wonder why. 

Edit: I watched the trailer and didn't find the scene I thought I'd seen. That's weird. Never mind!

It could have been edited out at the last minute.  I've found Bravo is notorious about editing things out.  It's messed with me before.  Jerkwads.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

It could have been edited out at the last minute.  I've found Bravo is notorious about editing things out.  It's messed with me before.  Jerkwads.

I didn't know they would edit out things from an already seen episode! 😮

I know they are capable of showing a teaser that will keep the audience coming back to every last reunion, and then not showing what the audience is waiting for. They did this with the RHSLC: in the teaser Andy asked about Meredith's breast plate, but they never aired the convo in any of the reunion episodes. I felt so cheated!

Edited by Glama
Breast not breats
  • Love 11

On 4/14/2022 at 4:23 PM, Hedgehog2022 said:

I agree...if she wants her relationship with John to move forward and remain healthy, then she should get off the show. 

I suspect John enjoys being on a reality show and once Shannon is not on it, he'll end up marrying someone else a la Vicki Gunalvon's Steve Lodge.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
On 4/14/2022 at 8:28 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Finally we got see a different room in the Dubrow home!

She had a "Grovelly," voice...that is "gravelly," for the rest of us.

On the heels of Gina and Shannon making up of sorts she and Emily are making fun of the fact that Shannon has a friend at the Rock and Roll dinner, Shannon cannot win with those two. If I were Shannon I would ask Gina if she met Suze and have Gina wonder who that was, Shannon gets mad because Gina did not know that Suze is a nickname for Angela or something stupid like that.

Did you know that was a Richard Marx song, it was very important that Heather tell us she procured it from him specially for this band. Honestly I was expecting more of an AC/DC type of song but instead we got Josie and Pussycats.  Heather can really sing?!

I liked Shannon's stage name, Thunder Storms.

The performance felt a bit like kids putting on a show and the parents had to endure it, it was a little silly for grown people to do.

What was the point of Emily's wedding photo shoot? Didn't they just have a photo shoot for one of her kids religious thing? We learn that Emily has lost her wedding band that Shane gave her, now we see him giving her a big diamond ring and a band, I hope the ring is not a real diamond this time around.

I think the Richard Marx song was on target for Richard Marx.  And I love how proud Heather is to be friends with Richard Marx.

And as much as I grew to like Gina, this Shannon-is-jealous-of-me is such a ridiculous storyline.  Let's see the horrendous list of things Shannon did this season:

- Mention that Nicole, supposedly a good friend of the Dubrows presumably her new face is unrecognizable to the Dubrows, sued them.  Then the Dubrows immediately forgive the unrecognizable person who sued them that played  besties with them w/o mentioning the lawsuit.  But Shannon is coming after their family? She's the horrible one?

- Shannon calls to say hello.  OMG YOU CALLED BECAUSE YOU WANT TO SHOW US YOU'RE HAVING A GREAT TIME WITHOUT US.  No, I called to say hello.  OMG, YOU LIE, YOU CALLED BECAUSE YOU WANT TO SHOW US YOU'RE HAVING A GREAT TIME WITHOUT US.   Seriously, this is what this show is now reduced to?

- Has a friend!  A core friend.  OMG, SHANNON, LOOK AT HER WITH A FRIEND at a party.  She MUST be trying to show us she has a fabulous life while I cozy it up with my abuser and his Kelly Dodd-esque girlfriend at my party to promote a skin care product that will never be heard from again just like every RHO product other than Skinny Girl.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, Glama said:

I didn't know they would edit out things from an already seen episode! 😮

I know they are capable of showing a teaser that will keep the audience coming back to every last reunion, and then not showing what the audience is waiting for. They did this with the RHSLC: in the teaser Andy asked about Meredith's breast plate, but they never aired the convo in any of the reunion episodes. I felt so cheated!

Obviously I can't prove it, but I've noticed so many discrepancies over the years, I really think they have gone back and edited things out from an already seen episode too.  On more than one occasion, I've gone back to remember something I was sure I saw, and it wasn't there anymore.  Like I said though, there is no way to prove it, still, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

The breast plate!  That was such a rip-off.  I watched the whole reunion JUST for that, and that was another big ol' Bravo scam.   The viewer was totally set up for that one, and I fell for it and they got my ratings.  Jerkwads.  I REALLY wanted to know what that contraption was that Meredith was wearing and more importantly, WHY?  😂

• Love 9
On 4/14/2022 at 9:42 AM, Pondlass1 said:

What are they going to talk about at the reunion?  I’m surprised they’re even filming a reunion.  The season was a yawn. 😴🥱

SHANNON YOU DIDN'T CALL JUST TO SAY HELLO IT WAS TO SHOW US YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT TIME WITHOUT US.

That's all I got.

• LOL 7