Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Episodes happen in episode time.  Let's keep social media, etc., to the media and individual character threads.

• Start Topic

Noella confronts Heather about rumors she heard at Heather’s sushi party. Gina and Shannon try to salvage what’s left of their friendship. Emily and Shane finally have their dream wedding photo shoot to celebrate their marriage. The women all come together to help Shannon pursue her dream of becoming a rock star.

Original air date 2022.04.13

It's the last regular episode of the season; to be followed by two reunion shows.  Another confrontation.  Another chance to convince us that Shannon and Gina had a friendship outside of the show.  Perhaps another ridiculous chance to play dress up as Shannon attempts to rock out.  Meanwhile Emily dresses fancy.  Will her photoshoot or Shannon's rockstar dreams be the season ending party?

• Love 4

I haven't watched this show since before Heather came back but I am catching moments as it airs right now. So a few random thoughts:

I hate Gina. She is beyond dumb. She thinks trying to be friends with Heather will guarantee her Orange AND a RHOC "friend" who will always have her back. Yeah, Heather will have Gina's back but Heather will have a knife in her hand getting ready to stab Gina.

Emily is an a$$hole. And please Emily, get a better wardrobe stylist who doesn't let your nude colored bra show on the back of your strapless "wedding" gown.

Noella needs to stop with all of the dangling, hanging hair decorations including the fake 50 inch braids. 

Heather looks like a marionette. Ugly bitch.

Shannon is going to make a fool of herself (along with the rest of these hags) when they do the rock band stupidity. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, la patineuse said:

And why do these women fight in public?  Do they realize they are embarrassing themselves?

They do what the producers tell them to do to assure their next season's contract. It's done because some of them (Gina) need the money and some of them feed off the "fame".  

I don't believe Shannon needs the money but she is definitely addicted to the "fame". She has a SO that appears to really like her but she will have no kids at home soon and I think Shannon needs more than a SO to fulfill her life. Nothing wrong with that. But I think that's her reason for trying to hang on to her Bravo orange.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

They do what the producers tell them to do to assure their next season's contract. It's done because some of them (Gina) need the money and some of them feed off the "fame".  

I don't believe Shannon needs the money but she is definitely addicted to the "fame". She has a SO that appears to really like her but she will have no kids at home soon and I think Shannon needs more than a SO to fulfill her life. Nothing wrong with that. But I think that's her reason for trying to hang on to her Bravo orange.

The best thing for Shannon to move on from this show.

• Love 9

You can certainly tell the lack of enthusiasm for this season by the lack of comments on this finale episode!

They will definitely need to shake things up if they go another season. Gina is a mean-spirited dumb-ass. At least her boyfriend seems nice.

Emily, Emily, please find a better wardrobe. Also, you would think a lawyer would know the difference between the words "inhabited" and "inhibited". Oh well. I am amazed at how much Shane grew on me this season.

Dr. Jen - the title card at the end said she had separated from Ryne. No surprise there.

Heather and Noella: Clash of the Narcissists! They are both exhausting in different ways.

Shannon needs to leave the show for her own mental health. 

That's all I got. This whole season was a snooze-fest.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

That “performance” was physically painful to sit through 

Also, a blatant attempt to give Heather the spotlight again- this time it’s to show off her voice.

Exactly. Just like they are still running the clip of Heather with the "Fancy Pants is back" to advertise the show. I bet they have shown that 50 times this season. We get it. You think that she will save the show. At this point the show is not worth saving. 

• Love 20

Finally we got see a different room in the Dubrow home!

6 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

Emily, Emily, please find a better wardrobe. Also, you would think a lawyer would know the difference between the words "inhabited" and "inhibited". Oh well. I am amazed at how much Shane grew on me this season.

She had a "Grovelly," voice...that is "gravelly," for the rest of us.

On the heels of Gina and Shannon making up of sorts she and Emily are making fun of the fact that Shannon has a friend at the Rock and Roll dinner, Shannon cannot win with those two. If I were Shannon I would ask Gina if she met Suze and have Gina wonder who that was, Shannon gets mad because Gina did not know that Suze is a nickname for Angela or something stupid like that.

Did you know that was a Richard Marx song, it was very important that Heather tell us she procured it from him specially for this band. Honestly I was expecting more of an AC/DC type of song but instead we got Josie and Pussycats.  Heather can really sing?!

I liked Shannon's stage name, Thunder Storms.

The performance felt a bit like kids putting on a show and the parents had to endure it, it was a little silly for grown people to do.

What was the point of Emily's wedding photo shoot? Didn't they just have a photo shoot for one of her kids religious thing? We learn that Emily has lost her wedding band that Shane gave her, now we see him giving her a big diamond ring and a band, I hope the ring is not a real diamond this time around.

• Love 11

That band thing was just unwatchable, both in theory and in practice.

The main thing I thought about Gina for this finale was simply that she is just out of her league at the moment.  I mean, I don't like Shannon AT ALL and never have; but even with my bias there, Gina's just lost in this particular battle.  She adds a level of real-world so should be kept, but she needs to remain likable, which she's 1000% failing at.

Noella's a loon, but they need her.  I mean, it's WHY they need her.

Gina's smart and not particularly hateful which is valuable.  Her "OK let's go" to Emily at the mine was the highlight of the episode.

Heather is fine, I barely understand how she's any worse than anyone else, but I guess that's me.  However, it was pointed out to me elsewhere that what she needs is a similarly rich foil to match against, which makes a lot of sense.

Dr. Jen is pointless.  Thinking Heather is somehow ruining the show over the presence of Dr. Jen is bonkers.  She needs to be gone yesterday.

(As a post-script, I must assume they edit Shane badly, because he always seems like a massive asshole.)

Edited by Lassus
  • Love 3

Gina and Shannon are just fighting over whose "I was a former sad sack caterpillar but now I am a blissfully happy butterfly" storyline will reign supreme.

All the other stuff is a smokescreen and, frankly, neither of them seem all that happy or sober.

And I was shocked that it was Heather of all people who copped to why are we doing this when none of us can sing.

Edited by bosawks
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

The whole Rock N Roll party was ridiculous and should've been done for a younger child/grandchild.  Terry could've done better with his get up as he probably still has his brother's stuff in a box somewhere.  Shannon just needs to buy the VIP concert package of her favorite 80's bands and quit doing these ridiculous stunts.  What the hell was her boyfriend supposed to be?  Cringeworthy isn't the half of it.  The only thing I liked was the season exit music they use at every season ending.

• Love 6

For those calling on Andy to recast and shake things up because this season was, at best, meh; He was excited about this season of OC and even said:

Andy reveals that season 16 is “fantastic!”

“OC is back, and we got the assignment, we knew what we had to do and we did it. I’ve seen the first two episodes and it’s fantastic,” he confessed.

Back in August, Andy dished on Heather’s return as well as her surprising friendship with Gina.

“I think it was the right time, not only because I think the fans were asking for it, but it’s always fun to bring back an old friend and see an old friend, but also I think it was a great time to get back to some of the aspirational luxury that the Orange County franchise launched with, and that Heather certainly represents,” he explained to ET.

“I think they’re going to be pleasantly surprised,” Andy noted of Heather and Gina’s budding friendship.

I don't know what show he was watching, or what kinds of drugs he was taking when he watched, but,..No, this season was far from "fantastic." Even in relative terms. Maybe it's time to recast Andy Cohen

• LOL 2
  • Love 20
3 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

For those calling on Andy to recast and shake things up because this season was, at best, meh; He was excited about this season of OC and even said:

I don't know what show he was watching, or what kinds of drugs he was taking when he watched, but,..No, this season was far from "fantastic." Even in relative terms. Maybe it's time to recast Andy Cohen

Well, come on.  What the hell else is he supposed to say, exactly?  "I've seen the first two episodes, and they're kinda crap, but, hey we tried".  "I'm done with the first two episodes, and, well, they're OK."

Edited by Lassus
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Lassus said:

Well, come on.  What the hell else is he supposed to say, exactly?  "I've seen the first two episodes, and they're kinda crap, but, hey we tried".  "I'm done with the first two episodes, and, well, they're OK."

Yeah, I get that he had to try to evoke some enthusiasm after the clusterfuck that was the NYC season, and that he tends to overhype and get excited about the things that end up annoying some viewers the most (Leah, Eboni, Braunwyn,...).

Maybe I'm just disappointed and bitter that the shows aren't providing the mindless entertainment that they used to.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 14

Andy's problem is that he casts actresses that try so hard to make something happen and push manufactured drama instead of using ladies that had drama happen organically.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Did you know that was a Richard Marx song, it was very important that Heather tell us she procured it from him specially for this band. Honestly I was expecting more of an AC/DC type of song but instead we got Josie and Pussycats.  Heather can really sing?!

NO!!!

Thank god (all of the gods) for auto tune. All of the HoWives looked ridiculous, even though fake pretending to be having fun.

They reminded me of the little kids in the Karz 4 Kids commercial who are pretending to play musical instruments. Only difference is the "Karz 4 Kids" kids are slightly more talented. 

• LOL 20
55 minutes ago, mytmo said:

Andy's problem is that he casts actresses that try so hard to make something happen and push manufactured drama instead of using ladies that had drama happen organically.

I think we were drawn in to the HW's shows because they were living lifestyles that were not common among us regular people and the fact that social media was not so much of a thing back then, I am not counting MySpace as social media, lol.  Once the HW's got a little fame on other platforms, product deals, etc...it changed everything, now the HW's shows are simply vehicles to promote their products and a way to get on other shows.  The show hasn't changed it's the HW's motives that has changed, it is not that pure type of entertainment anymore...not when there could be a book deal or skin care line to promote.

• Useful 4
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

What was the point of Emily's wedding photo shoot?

The point was only Emily getting to wear a wedding dress (poorly) on camera and have some family wedding pics taken 13 years after the fact.  Weird. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5

Season's ago a big thing was made about Shannon being obsessed with Brett Michaels. She dressed up like a Brett rock star with mustache, wig and all, getting ready to go to a concert of his. I guess production decided to reboot the "Shannon is so cool because she likes to rock out" whick we all know is BS cause' Shannon is anything but a cool rock n' rollin' 55 yr old chick. 

11 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

Shannon needs to move on, being on this show is not healthy for her.

I don't think Shannon can leave the show (unless fired, of course) because she has said that she put all of her divorce settlement in to her Real Lemon business and if it fails she's broke. So she needs the money from the show. 

What was the deal with Heather at the table coming out of nowhere to tell Emily that she admires what a great mother she is. Ummmm what has Emily done that no other mother does? Do tell. That was so weird. 

Gina crying because Shannon likes Noella and doesn't give her enough attention. So lame. I still don't understand what Shannon has done to cause such vitriol from Casita Gina. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 13

I had to laugh at Shannon serving home cooked ribs and beans at her sit down dinner.  A summer BBQ maybe but even then I would expect a little more effort than slow cooker ribs and beans.  Of course the unserved Nobu at Heather's set the bar pretty low. 

Shannon getting her hair done IN THE KITCHEN while others were meal prepping/cooking/something grossed me out.  I thought Shannon was supposed to be some healthy eating germ freak. 

• Love 8

Thank God this season is done... Noella has NO other friends that she would have had that conversation with OTHER then Shannon? it just SCREAMED set up for the show and didn't come off as authentic at ALL .. I am sorry NOTHING about Noella came off authentic this season

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Cosmocrush said:

I had to laugh at Shannon serving home cooked ribs and beans at her sit down dinner.  A summer BBQ maybe but even then I would expect a little more effort than slow cooker ribs and beans.  Of course the unserved Nobu at Heather's set the bar pretty low. 

Shannon getting her hair done IN THE KITCHEN while others were meal prepping/cooking/something grossed me out.  I thought Shannon was supposed to be some healthy eating germ freak. 

I was surprised that Shannon did not make a big salad 'cause we all know those women live on lettuce, well a couple of them do...I would have put a Subway Turkey Sub on Emily's plate, she would have been thrilled.  

Beans are not my thing, serving them to a party is an invitation for a fart fest.  I did not see a green vegetable served at that dinner, that is what shocked me.

Hair and makeup in the kitchen while food is cooking is a bit much, maybe she safe guarded herself by having 9 lemons in a bowl to ward off germs. I am sure she has a decent size bathroom or bedroom to do that in but in all fairness she was cooking and maybe the camera crew could not be in two places to film both activities.

1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Thank God this season is done... Noella has NO other friends that she would have had that conversation with OTHER then Shannon? it just SCREAMED set up for the show and didn't come off as authentic at ALL .. I am sorry NOTHING about Noella came off authentic this season

Noella has that one friend that lives in her phone.

• LOL 18
13 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

While Shannon theoretically isn't destitute I think she *needs* the money just as much as Gina does at this point. 

Her settlement wasn't that large - child support is ending relatively soon - and I doubt any of her business ventures bring in any real money.

I would think at this point she is making close to $500,000 just for the show plus all of the promotional money from monetizing social money AND the freebies that cast all gets.

Not to mention that there are real benefits to being even a D List celebrity as you get to do interesting things and if you have a certain kind of personality, you relish being in the "news" and getting to do the Step and Repeat at events. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I guess production decided to reboot the "Shannon is so cool because she likes to rock out" whick we all know is BS

She could do a sub-par version of Stevie Nicks. Not the voice but the "look".

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Please stop producing music to be sung by any Real Housewives.  It all started with Kim Zolciak, then Countess Luann had some success.  But none of these ladies can sing.  How phony that they got Richard Marx to participate.

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, StevieRocks said:

I will NOT have you on here blasphemin' during Holy Week, @chenoa333

Tee hee! J/k. 😜🥰

I actually thought of you while typing that post! So just to be clear, Shannon is so FAR away from anything Stevie Nicks related. I think Shannon should stick with the "Brett Michaels with boobs" look. It's more spot on! 

And yes, Stevie DOES rock! And so do you! 😊

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

Dr. Jen - the title card at the end said she had separated from Ryne. No surprise there.

Actually the card said that she had put her house up for sale, that she and Ryne(d) had separated for over a month, and that they were currently looking for a new home for a fresh start.  Guess we will get an update at the reunion to hear if that is still the case. 

Shane saved the episode for me. I've always been a fan, and loved it when he showed Emily the ring and then snapped the box closed - LOL.  I must say Gina looked very jealous as Shane kept stacking rings on Emily's finger. Maybe Emily will be Gina's target next year. It would make as much sense as Shannon being her target this year.

The band thing was dumb. Lip syncing to an auto tuned song, and pretending to play instruments? As others have noted, I would expect that from maybe the teenaged kids of the howives.

All in all a bust of a season. I wonder if they will shake up the cast next year? Jen is a waste of space. Noella is only useful because she gets under Heather's skin. Gina is too full of herself. I loved that the card at the end made reference to that - lol.  The only one I care to see next year is Shannon, not only because I like her but also like her kids, her SO and especially Archie. And they can keep Emily only because Shane's snark is worth putting up with her. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 14

what kinds of drugs he was taking when he watched

And where can I get some?

.I would have put a Subway Turkey Sub on Emily's plate, she would have been thrilled

Nah, she already has one in her handbag, probably.

• LOL 14
4 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

The point was only Emily getting to wear a wedding dress (poorly) on camera and have some family wedding pics taken 13 years after the fact.  Weird. 

Right?? What a dumb idea. But yet, it seems like every Real Housewives franchise has to have a wedding redo every season. Emily's dress looked like something that a Vegas cocktail waitress would wear...good grief...boobs popping out, slit way up to her crotch and again her back exposed looking like cleavage. Honestly, she is zaftig and she should just embrace it and stop trying to pretend that she is petite and svelte...instead of wearing dresses that make her look like a stuffed sausage.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think we were drawn in to the HW's shows because they were living lifestyles that were not common among us regular people and the fact that social media was not so much of a thing back then, I am not counting MySpace as social media, lol.  Once the HW's got a little fame on other platforms, product deals, etc...it changed everything, now the HW's shows are simply vehicles to promote their products and a way to get on other shows.  The show hasn't changed it's the HW's motives that has changed, it is not that pure type of entertainment anymore...not when there could be a book deal or skin care line to promote.

Here, here!!!! YES! It's all about a promotion of a product or a product line. I think started with Bethenny Frankel who started with   "healthy" cookies and baked goods and evolved into her Skinny Girl line of margarita mixes and then other products. After she was successful with this other housewives on other shows started their own product lines and now it's out of control. It just seems like every season a housewive has something to sell and promote. Look at Teresa Guidice...she started with cookbooks and then branched out to alcohol and now workout clothing. Sometimes I think these women just stay on these shows just to get free promotion of their products. Apparently Bravo doesn't care and allows them free rein to promote and shill as much as they want.

• Love 4

Apparently Bravo doesn't care and allows them free rein to promote and shill as much as they want

Especially since Bravo supposedly gets a cut from the revenues...

• Love 2

Heather doesn't have a sexy bone in her body. Barf!!!!

Noella, in the back, on the drums, standing up and shoving her face forward in an attempt to be seen. Thirsty, if they wanted you in front you'd be "Booger Presley on the guitar" instead of Jen.

I don't know how Em eats and drinks in her sausage casings. Her tits keep trying to escape for some air.

Shannon only talks about Poison and Bret. I think she was less a rock chick and more a preppy who loved pretty boy Bret and his ballads and poppy cock rock.

Jen hoping/asking PorkRind for a kiss again. You can just see the nausea, clenched butthole and dick retreat happen in an instant. Complete dread. Girl, he's just not that into you. 

Gina is the one who is jealous now? Trying to milk her only storyline from the flip side. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

Here, here!!!! YES! It's all about a promotion of a product or a product line. I think started with Bethenny Frankel who started with   "healthy" cookies and baked goods and evolved into her Skinny Girl line of margarita mixes and then other products. After she was successful with this other housewives on other shows started their own product lines and now it's out of control.

All true but before Bethenny, RHOC was basically a product promotion for all kinds of otherwise non-RH  products.  Sky Tops comes to mind, but these women shopped instead picking petty fights and everything they spent money on was featured with an on screen price tag.   No writers, lots of product placement= cash cow for Bravo.    

And of course there was secondary success to RHOC before all the "slap your name on stuff" promotion.  Vicki's little home office as an independent insurance agent morphed into a big fat business after a decade for her but I don't really count that since it was something she was doing pre-RH.   Even Bethenny came up with her own product.   Now, skin care, hair care, wine, cheap clothes companies all approach the HWs with ideas to slap their name on stuff ala Gina and her "skin care" line.   Easy money.  Pfft.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

How phony that they got Richard Marx to participate.

Heather once again name dropping the 80's pop singer on this show just makes him seem as thirsty as the rest of the RH to me.   Now I will always this guy with RHOC.  Sad. 

• Love 9

True, but the HWs were still hawking their businesses in the early days as well. Vicki with her insurance agency, Jeanna with her real estate, on RHONY you had Jill pushing Zarin Fabric and Ramona with her business(es)...

• Useful 1
  • Love 4