Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: The Weddings

• Start Topic

So, my predictions were pretty much all wrong. LOL

Happy that Danielle is happy, and I hope it lasts. I don't have great feelings about Nick. I think he feeds her insecurities, and there were definitely times during the show that I thought he was a real ass, stirring shit with the other couples. We'll see. If Nick really loves her, he'll do his best to put up some boundaries between them and her mother. 

Deeps is a fucking QUEEN. I thought they'd go through with it, but I'm so glad she said no. That wedding, though.... gorgeous. All the weddings this time were so much more personal. 

I was so sad for Natalie and Shayne, but it's for the best. If they'd been together for years, they might have gone ahead but there's just no foundation after a month of knowing each other. I hope they were at least able to have a conversation later with no cameras for closure.

The editors got me with Mallory and Sal. Before the episode, I predicted they wouldn't marry, but then the buildup convinced me that they might. The only real surprise was how sad Mallory seemed. I thought she'd be relieved. It will be interesting to see if they're still together.

I predicted the last one wrong, too, although I knew the last couple - whoever they were - would be a yes. I still think their match was very superficial, but maybe they'll surprise me? Iyanna and Jarrette do both seem to take marriage very seriously, so hopefully they do the work and stick it out. I loved that they jumped the broom, and their reception looked like pure joy.

This show, man. Even the couples that I think are bad matches... I want them to say yes SO BADLY. 🤣

Edited by Jane Tuesday
  • Love 13

Oh, man. I'm so sad about Natalie and Shayne. But for the best - I was thinking as she was walking up the aisle to him that it was going to be hard trying to make it work with a man who to my mind has a drinking problem, and whose emotional regulation is not aided by that, but they were so charming to me as a couple. Just so sad. But what a wonderful dad she has, and an adorable mother. I like all three of them so much.

Good on Deepti! She looked glorious. I am really glad she valued herself. And I adore her folks, too!

I am also glad Natalie listened to her heart and took herself out of a situation that felt unsafe. It is so easy to override that inner sensing.

Quite looking forward to the reunion. Sad little hopes, and maybe some more Shaina!

Edited by violet and green
typo
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Jane Tuesday said:

So, my predictions were pretty much all wrong. LOL

Yeah, mine too, especially Deeps telling Shake to take a hike when he was ready to say yes. I thought thousands of years of cultural conditioning would win out. 

Yay for Natalie running away from Shayne! She should have dumped him just for not wearing socks to his own wedding.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • LOL 7
  • Love 13

I feel bad for Natalie. So wrapped up in Shayne that she still loves him and would try to work things out even after all the red flags. I still can't believe he told her that he hated her and is the worst thing that happened to her the day before they were supposed to be married. Or rather, I can believe it. Literally nothing would have made me go through with the going to the altar piece after something like that. Too much Jekyll and Hyde. She looked so terrified when she was going to the altar. 

I was thinking it would take huge huevos for either Jarrette or Iyana to say no when it was Jarrette's dad marrying them. Part of me hoped Mallory crashed the wedding to give Jarrette something to think about what with her being single, LOL. Iyana's parents could not have been more salty about them going through with it, though.

I would have thought Mal would be the one to say no. She probably would have but Sal beat her to it I think Sal's was a pre-emptive no because he expected Mallory to say no. I wonder if Mal's mom and dad were boycotting the wedding, and if the lack of family support contributed to Sal's no. 

Thank you, Deeps, for standing up for yourself! I'm very glad I got that prediction wrong. Shake seemed like he was ready to hit on some of the blondes in attendance after he was rejected. 

Nick and Danielle, I now pronounce you man and beard. 

Edited by Chicago Redshirt
  • LOL 11
  • Love 12

All of my predictions were wrong. Oh well!

While watching the rest of the show, I didn't feel like Jarrette was as in it with Iyanna. But at the wedding, he seemed like he was 1000%  in it for the long haul. It was a different energy. Maybe he was showing that to her when the cameras weren't on. And she seemed to have dealt with the second choice issues -- at least for now.

I thought Shake and Deeps were going to say yes and treat it like an arranged marriage situation where the chemistry is a work-in-progress.

2 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Shake seemed like he was ready to hit on some of the blondes in attendance after he was rejected. 

I had this same thought!

Live your best life, Deeps!

Edited by SoapDoc
Bad spelling! In need of an editor...
  • Love 15

All my predictions were wrong except for Nick and Danielle but I’m so proud of Deeps ! Shake was a dick and watching how he acted after the rejection was second hand embarrassment . He’s a narcissist and he doesn’t deserve her . 

I’m a little confused with Sal saying no . I feel like we missed a bit of how he came to that conclusion . I guess he didn’t feel like she was in love with him ? I also wish they told us what the other person would have said had they gone first . 

• Love 13

I feel bad for Natalie. So wrapped up in Shayne that she still loves him and would try to work things out even after all the red flags. I still can't believe he told her that he hated her and is the worst thing that happened to her the day before they were supposed to be married. Or rather, I can believe it. Literally nothing would have made me go through with the going to the altar piece after something like that.

I know, right?! They said they had a big argument and "said some things," but saying those things is indicative of Major Relationship Issues. Shayne seems to think that his words don't matter and acts accordingly, which is why he gets pissed when Natalie actually listens to what he says and takes it seriously, beginning with "I hope it's you, Shaina." He also gets mad when she keep trying to make sure that what he says is what he means, claiming that he has to prove himself over and over.

That said, I think Natalie should have given Shayne some space after the ceremony. The shock, embarrassment, and hurt were still fresh at that point. She should have just told him that she was sorry for hurting his feelings, still wants to work things out and that she will call him in a few days.

• Love 5

I feel bad for Natalie. So wrapped up in Shayne that she still loves him and would try to work things out even after all the red flags. I still can't believe he told her that he hated her and is the worst thing that happened to her the day before they were supposed to be married. Or rather, I can believe it. Literally nothing would have made me go through with the going to the altar piece after something like that. Too much Jekyll and Hyde. She looked so terrified when she was going to the altar. 

I was thinking it would take huge huevos for either Jarrette or Iyana to say no when it was Jarrette's dad marrying them. Part of me hoped Mallory crashed the wedding to give Jarrette something to think about what with her being single, LOL. Iyana's parents could not have been more salty about them going through with it, though.

I would have thought Mal would be the one to say no. She probably would have but Sal beat her to it I think Sal's was a pre-emptive no because he expected Mallory to say no. I wonder if Mal's mom and dad were boycotting the wedding, and if the lack of family support contributed to Sal's no. 

Thank you, Deeps, for standing up for yourself! I'm very glad I got that prediction wrong. Shake seemed like he was ready to hit on some of the blondes in attendance after he was rejected. 

Nick and Danielle, I now pronounce you man and beard. 

I think Sal alluded to the fact that Mallory's parents weren't down with this and that's why they were a no show. Those two never got beyond friends anyway, and I liked how they talked afterward and there didn't seem to be hurt feelings. 

Natalie dodged a huge bullet. Shayne is a loose cannon with a drug/alcohol problem and a bad temper. Telling the woman you are about to marry that you hate her the night before the wedding was reason enough for her not to show up at all. It must be very weird to be contractually obligated to walk down that aisle all gussied up knowing you are about to say a big resounding "no." And Shayne was his typical two year old tantrum prone self about it. So glad she bailed. 

Happy for Deeps, too. What woman wants to be married to someone who tells the world he's not attracted to her? I think Shake's one of those guys who'll never marry because no one will ever be hot enough for him and he values sex above everything.  He'll continue to hit on white girls and they'll subsequently flee when they get to know him. He has a lot of growing up to do. His trying to make lemonade out of lemons when Deeps walked away was pathetic. 

Jarrett and Iyanna don't stand a prayer of avoiding the divorce court. He's a total bro who wants to stay out all night, and that ring on his finger will mean next to nothing. I think standing there in front of his father was very intimidating, and he didn't want to disappoint him. I was surprised that Iyanna said "yes." She had to put a boatload of misgivings aside, but they'll quickly return to haunt her.

"I now pronounce you man and beard." Perfect. Is Danielle really that blind? Is she that desperate? Nick's flopsweat gave him away. He so didn't want to go through with it, but I think he was just trying to avoid the huge meltdown she'd have had if he had said "no." He's a coward. I give them less than a year, that is if they're not annulled/divorced already. 

Edited by Hpmec
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

Wow, lots of unexpected 

I kind of got that Daniella and Nick would say yes. I almost feel like Nick has realized how unstable Danielle is and how much his rejecting her publicly would devastate her already very fragile state and did her a huge favor. I don't get beard vibes from him. I don't think they will last at all though. 

I'm only sorry that Deepti wasted that absolutely gorgeous wedding dress on a fake wedding with Shake. She was honestly one of the most stunning brides I have ever seen on any of these reality wedding shows. So glad that she said no and chose herself. 

Natalie and Shayne could really go either way. I was worried from the pod situation that Natalie would end up heartbroken and I am sad for her that things did not work out. It's also infuriating that a beautiful successful woman like her has to go on a show like this to find love...get your shit together guys (and yes I know it goes both ways), she remains the person that seemed to be the most genuine on the show. 

I was the least invested in Lyanna and Jarette by the end. I am happy for them both that they said yes and I think they could actually make it work, mostly because it seems like Lyanna is patient AF. 

Did they purposely leave out tons of footage of Sal and Mal that would have given more of a hint that Sal was on the fence. I wouldn't be surprised because I did not guess at all that he would say no, my money was on Mal. It will be interesting to see what happens with them. 

My last take aways from this season are that I don't see how the show can go anywhere but down hill from here. I am not THAT naive, I know that people come on this show for exposure, but the premise was great and seemed like if done right could be really good. I am so disappointed to find out that so many of the people on here are trying to get careers out if (I honestly had NO idea that Lauren from last season was already trying to be a social media influencer, it has kind of tainted last season for me). Not sure if I will stick with the show for any more seasons if this is the case.

I'm not trying to diss anyone's hustle, but if one of my kids came to me someday and told me they were going to get engaged/potentially marry a stranger on tv for social media followers, I would be incredibly disappointed. I can completely sympathize with Mal's family for wanting no part in that. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I think Sal might have finally realized that she didn't love him the way he loved her. He found many ways to prove his love to her and she did nothing to prove it on her side. I am glad that Natalie walked away and I hope that she stays away. Shayne seems like he might be downright scary when he's angry! Shake is a total asshole! I think Iyanna and Jarette might stay together. I think they actually seemed to play off together well. Though I think he and Mallory would have had a way more fun connection together! I was shocked by Nick and Danielle I thought there were many times when she proved how unable to trust and how insecure she is. And that's not an attractive look! 

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, Hpmec said:

Jarrett and Iyanna don't stand a prayer of avoiding the divorce court. He's a total bro who wants to stay out all night, and that ring on his finger will mean next to nothing. Ithink standing there in front of his father was very intimidating, and he didn't want to disappoint him. I was surprised that Iyanna said "yes." She had to put a boatload of misgivings aside, but they'll quickly return to haunt her.

I have to disagree. Maybe I am a sucker, but I do feel like there was a spiritual component to their ceremony that was absent from the others. Yes, I won't be surprised if JerBear is still partying to the break of dawn too often for a married man a half-year or more into their marriage. But I do think that there is a foundation of faith there and that can go a long way to keeping a couple together. 

I would also say that the two of them had an unmitigated playfulness that seemed genuine and that most of the other couples this season did not (which is of course not the best barometer to judge from, but still). I always got the vibe that Iyana or Jarette really enjoyed all the time they were together tremendously.  

• Love 21

Iyanna looked absolutely gorgeous. I am not sure if this marriage will last, but that sure looked like a fun wedding.

Surprised that Nick and Danielle tied the knot. I could see their marriage working if they had a year or so to work things out and if Danielle got some therapy to work through her insecurity issues. 6 (or was it 4?) weeks from the pods to the altar? No way.

Natalie deserves so much better than Shane. Deepta deserves so much better than Shake, but on a strictly shallow note, I can see why Shake was not attracted to her physically. Both women made the right decision for them, and I hope they find happiness with men who are worthy of them.

Sal and Mallory? No surprise there. 

• Love 3

Nick & Danielle - I predicted he would day no.  So I am 0 for 1 at this point.

I swear Nick's 'I do' sounded more like 'I do?' 

Also right before he said it there was one last dramatic sweat roll down his forehead.

I don't feel like they are a healthy match.  But I am not a mean person so I hope they prove me wrong.

Shake & Deepti - I predicted he would say 'yes' but she would say no and they wouldn't get married.  So I am 1 for 2 at this point.

I was sure as this began they would get married and I'd be proven wrong.

Deepti looked gorgeous! That wedding was lovely too.

Chile.... I was so happy she said no.  Boss move.  Especially her reasoning.  I loved the one bridesmaids' face when she said no. 

He looked like he was trying to hard not to be upset.  But you know he has reservations for Nobu so all is good.  (rolls eyes)

Shayne & Natalie - I predicted they would get married.  So I am  1 for 3 at this point.

Yikes.  Talk about a rollercoaster.  I disliked Shayne a lot at first.  Then he built goodwill to me so my opinion started to go up.  But now this was a huge drop -- to the subbasement.  He said he hated her?  She is the worst?  Man she was nicer to him than he deserved.  And even left the door open.  But he was just a douche. 

Natalie, girl, he does NOT deserve your love or your concern. 

And also, why is this asshole not wearing socks?

So happy to have been wrong. 

Mallory and Sal - I predicted it they would not get married.  So I am 2 for 4 at this point.

I did think he would be a yes, tho, so I that was unexpected. But from their post break up convo it sounded like if she had gone first she would have said no as well. 

While not as visually stunning as Deeps and Shake's wedding, their "look" was lovely.   I love clean lines. 

So she just said 'bye' and beat feet.  Huh.

I thought his speech to her family was very classy.

Iyanna & Jarette - I predicted they would get married.  So I am 3 for 5 overall. 

Iyanna looked gorgeous.  Her make up was very pretty.  Whoever did Danielle's make up needed to take notes. 

I thought it was funny when she said "I'm a thug and thugs cry too" and cut to Jarette with his sister later and he says "I'm a thugh and thugs don't cry." 

Also, her mother is a real G.  "Let me know who I need to fight."  I mean... I love that energy. Also there are certain angles where the mom kinda looks like Nikki Beharie.

I can't  help it.  I went 'awwww' during their ceremony.  And they were fun.  And awwww, they jumped  the broom.

I do hope they make it more for her sake.

• Love 19

I have high hopes for Iyanna and Jarrette. There was a joy about them that I didn't see in any of the other couples. I'm sure there will be some growing pains as they get to know each other more and move from being two single people to a married couple but there seems to be a real affection between the two of them that leads me to believe that they'll both put the work in. I hope I'm not wrong.

I was genuinely surprised at the Mallory/Sal result, not because they didn't wed but because I was absolutely certain it would be Mallory saying no. I think she grew to really care about him but not to the point where she'd want to marry him after such a short time so I was surprised that it was Sal who decided not to go through with it. I hope they do date and see if things may go somewhere. There's potential there. I mean, as long as the uke stays stored away in the closet. 😉 I felt for her though that her parents and brother didn't come. That must have been so hard for her knowing that they weren't okay with any of this. Another reason why I thought she would say no, to be honest.

I'm genuinely relieved that Natalie and Shayne didn't get married. I'm not surprised at all that Shayne said those horrible things. Despite the show trying to redeem his character, he always struck me as someone who would hit below the belt when he's angry and telling the woman you're supposed to be marrying tomorrow that you hate her and she's the worst thing that's ever happened to you is not something that can be walked back with a simple "I'm sorry." The fact that he lashed out at her again when she pointed that out, making her sound that she was being unreasonable for not accepting at face value that he "didn't mean" what he said further supports that she made the right decision. I do wish that she weren't so willing to give him another chance. He should be begging her forgiveness if he wants things to work out (which I honestly don't think he does); she shouldn't be telling him that she's leaving the door open for him. I think we can all agree though that her dad's the real star in all this, right?

I'm glad that Deepti and Shake didn't get married, too, and I'm glad that it was Deeps that made that decision for herself. I think he wasn't lying when he said he cared about her but she's right that he didn't care about her the way she deserved and it was plainly obvious to anyone that he was talking himself into loving her every step of the way. Gosh, she was a beautiful bride though. Even Shake seemed to be moved by how stunning she looked.

Ugh, Nick and Danielle. That marriage is going to IM.PLODE. Dude is going to be walking on eggshells around her for the rest of his life. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's a real prize either. But there's a special kind of exhaustion that comes with having to deal with someone with that level of insecurity and I don't see him being able to keep it up for very long. Maybe, maaaaybe, if the two of them go into some serious marital and individual counseling, they may have a chance. But I just don't see it lasting. It wasn't just the buckets of sweat pouring out of him at the altar; it was him practically dancing with fear and anxiety and then seeing his eyes go very still and blank when he said, "I do." Talk about a lack of joy. He looked like he was signing his own death warrant.

Does anyone know how they decide who gets asked first at the altar? I wonder, like Mallory and Sal did, how things would've gone if the other person was asked first.

• Love 11

Natalie and Deepti are two smart women who, thankfully, know their worth. I can only hope that their parents knew ahead of time that they were going to say 'No' and that they showed up to the ceremony anyway to fulfill tv obligations. I just don't think the parents should have to be hit with these surprises if the bride/groom know their answer going in. (I can't help it, I really developed a soft spot for Deepti and Shake's parents - their moms especially, Natalie's parents and Shayne's mom.) 

Ukulele Sal was there to promote his music, and you can't convince me otherwise. 

Best wishes to Nick & Danielle and Jarrette & Iyanna. 

• Love 11

I'm rewatching this episode because I fast forwarded to the ceremonies the first time. That lehenga was stunning and her makeup was flawless. 

Is it considered bad luck to wear that again if she marries someone else?

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 4

I was disappointed that Shayne didn't show up in his cape.  I remember him telling Natalie he wanted to wear a cape.  He looked like a fool swinging his arms around like he was ready to take off.  Who does that while they are waiting for the bride to walk down the aisle?

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I still can't believe he told her that he hated her and is the worst thing that happened to her the day before they were supposed to be married. Or rather, I can believe it. Literally nothing would have made me go through with the going to the altar piece after something like that.

Me neither, and that would be the end of any possible relationship. He looked so weird, all his gestures. I wondered if he was drunk.

Deepti rules. Good for her for not settling! She looked stunning (so did he, actually. Such a beautiful almost-wedding). She’s right - if he never made her feel special, he’s not the guy.

3 hours ago, DearEvette said:

He looked like he was trying to hard not to be upset.  But you know he has reservations for Nobu so all is good.  (rolls eyes)

He is so corny. It’s so awkward when they say no and then everybody has to just leave, but I think him trying to hold court afterward was even more awkward.

4 hours ago, ellenr33 said:

I think Sal might have finally realized that she didn't love him the way he loved her. He found many ways to prove his love to her and she did nothing to prove it on her side.

Yeah, I always felt like he was more into it than she was. He was all about the romantic gestures and she accepted them but didn’t respond in kind that I can remember. Him speaking to her family was a very classy move.

Nick and Danielle are the Amber and Barnett, for me. With both Amber and Danielle I think “I couldn’t be married to her, but okay.”

Iyanna and Jarrette make me the most hopeful. They are the ones who seem to have the most fun together (their wedding looked like fun), like they actually like each other.

• Love 7

Looking back at my predictions and even back to season one, it feels obvious now (duh) that the order in which the couples were asked 'Do you take this person to be your lawfully wedded ...' was set up by production in such a way they assumed who would say yes v.no?  I think they had it set so that the person most likely to say 'Yes' (in their opinion)  was asked first so we'd get to savor all the drama for the supposed no person.

I think the way it was all being shown, Danielle, Deepti, Jarette, Shayne and Sal may have seemed like they were more likely to say 'Yes' than their partners.  So of course when Deepti and Sal said no first it was a bit of surprise.  We didn't get the build up and then the let down.  We just got the let down.  Only Natalie worked out  the right way.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, DearEvette said:

And also, why is this asshole not wearing socks?

🤣 Yes!

If the horrible things Shayne said to Natalie the night before weren’t a big enough red flag, those exposed ankles should have sent her running.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

That said, I think Natalie should have given Shayne some space after the ceremony. The shock, embarrassment, and hurt were still fresh at that point. She should have just told him that she was sorry for hurting his feelings, still wants to work things out and that she will call him in a few days.

For real? He came after her, she did say sorry and was genuinely concerned for him, and then he said he meant those things (not the things at the altar but the horrible things he said when he was drunk the night before) and that was how he felt. It was horrific. He was either drunk or out of it on something or both, and she was trying her best to communicate with him as someone she loved and her friend. I would not be calling him in a few days if I was her. He could try and crawl across broken glass to apologise sincerely, first, before I'd suggest she even accept his call.

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, Norby said:

🤣 Yes!

If the horrible things Shayne said to Natalie the night before weren’t a big enough red flag, those exposed ankles should have sent her running.

Most of the guys looked horribly ill-fitted in those clothes.   Sal and Shayne's jackets were way too short and small.  Nick's was hanging off him. Shayne looked like a clown. On the other hand, all the women were gorgeous.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, crimson23 said:

Most of the guys looked horribly ill-fitted in those clothes.   Sal and Shayne's jackets were way too short and small.  Nick's was hanging off him. Shayne looked like a clown.

But all those outfits should have been fitted at the tux store. I blame the menswear trend of "skinny" suits, which I hate. They look like the guy is wearing something he's already outgrown.

• Love 7

Deepti was so beautiful, and I loved how supportive her mom was. Her parents raised a remarkable young lady. "Shake" was so utterly pathetic when he tried to save face after she left. He even pulled the old "I'm so glad she rejected me so I didn't have to". 

Every time I see Shayne and Natalie I have no idea what she sees in him. He looked like he was drunk at their wedding. She should move on and never, ever look back.

I am glad Sal realized things were not going to work out with Mallory. Sal is so classy, mature, and IMO very handsome. He will do just fine and deserves someone who will treat him well.

I'm happy for Iylanna and Jarrett, they seem happy together, but it couldn't be me saying "I do" to a guy when I was his second choice a month ago. I wish them well.

Danielle and Nick - I fast forward through most of their scenes because I find Danielle so non-sensical in how she creates conflict out of nothing. Congratulations, I guess? 

• Love 6

Shake always calls Deepti "Deeps".

But I have to ask - does anyone else in her life call her that?  Or is it just Shake?  Because if so, that's fucking weird.  And everyone here has adopted the nickname too!  I've never heard Deepti, her friends, or her family refer to her as this -- correct me if I am wrong.

At least I know that with this show, people aren't posting spoilers in the episode threads so that they can later say "I called it".

P.S. I love Natalie's Dad forever and ever  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Looking back at my predictions and even back to season one, it feels obvious now (duh) that the order in which the couples were asked 'Do you take this person to be your lawfully wedded ...' was set up by production in such a way they assumed who would say yes v.no?  I think they had it set so that the person most likely to say 'Yes' (in their opinion)  was asked first so we'd get to savor all the drama for the supposed no person.

I think the way it was all being shown, Danielle, Deepti, Jarette, Shayne and Sal may have seemed like they were more likely to say 'Yes' than their partners.  So of course when Deepti and Sal said no first it was a bit of surprise.  We didn't get the build up and then the let down.  We just got the let down.  Only Natalie worked out  the right way.

Was the man not always asked first?

7 hours ago, Hpmec said:

Jarrett and Iyanna don't stand a prayer of avoiding the divorce court. He's a total bro who wants to stay out all night, and that ring on his finger will mean next to nothing. I think standing there in front of his father was very intimidating, and he didn't want to disappoint him. I was surprised that Iyanna said "yes." She had to put a boatload of misgivings aside, but they'll quickly return to haunt her.

Gotta disagree and say there is a chance.  He was portrayed just like Woody was on Married at First Sight, as a player unready to settle down.  But Woody fell hard for his wife Amani just like Jarrett appears to have fallen hard for Iyanna, and Woody/Amani have stayed together for two years so far.

6 hours ago, JenLily said:

I was genuinely surprised at the Mallory/Sal result, not because they didn't wed but because I was absolutely certain it would be Mallory saying no. I think she grew to really care about him but not to the point where she'd want to marry him after such a short time 

Every time we saw her say that she loved him, she said,"I do love him", which sounds like someone trying to remind/convince themselves.

1 hour ago, violet and green said:

For real? He came after her, she did say sorry and was genuinely concerned for him, and then he said he meant those things (not the things at the altar but the horrible things he said when he was drunk the night before) and that was how he felt. It was horrific. He was either drunk or out of it on something or both, and she was trying her best to communicate with him as someone she loved and her friend. 

It was so confusing when he said that he meant what he said at that time, and then when Natalie tried to clarify whether he was talking about 'at that time' as the things he said the night before, he seemed to be pissed at her as though she was out of the blue bringing it up to berate him....when really she was just trying to clarify/understand what he was referring to when he brought it up!

4 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Was the man not always asked first?

No, Danielle went first.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I'm so proud of Deepti and Natalie. On what planet did Shake and Shayne think they could say things like "Deeps reminds me of my aunt" or telling Natalie that he hates her and she's the worst thing that happened to him. Then walk down the aisle expecting these women to marry them? 

I think Sal loved Mallory more than she loved him. He made the best decision for him. I think Iyana and Jarrett will make it. They seem to have a genuine connection. Best of luck to Danielle and Nick.

Edited by spunky
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Woody/Amani have stayed together for two years so far.

They’re expecting a baby!

5 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Every time we saw her say that she loved him, she said,"I do love him", which sounds like someone trying to remind/convince themselves.

Mallory did sound like that, like she knew she SHOULD love him but wasn’t quite there.

• Love 3

I honestly didn’t think ANY of these couples should have married. If I’d had to pick one, I’d have said Iyanna and Jarrette, and that’s not saying much since she was his second choice AND he and Mallory had more chemistry. That said, they look genuinely happy, so I hope it works out.

My second choice would have been Mal and Sal. I never got the sense that she was really into him. The way she kept calling him “sweet” felt a little friend-zone-ish. I’m glad he was the one to say no…I’m pretty sure she would have said no too.

As for the rest of them:

Shayne rubbed me the wrong way from the beginning but his comment about not believing in 401(K)s took me completely out. I couldn’t see what Natalie saw in him. Thank God common sense prevailed. Now he and Shaina can have their trashy-trash spin-off show! Also, how utterly adorable is Natalie’s dad?

Danielle has no business being in a relationship, never mind a marriage. She needs at least another year of therapy. I hope Nick enjoys being a baggage carrier. Also, I never picked up on any gay vibes until I saw it mentioned in here but I really hope for both their sakes that he’s not.

As for Shake, he’s clearly blinded by the white. Deeps dodged a big bullet. He would have cheated on her with the first blonde who came along. She absolutely deserves better.

• Love 12

Mad props for Deepti having her Kelly Taylor moment. She’s got dignity, class, and can cuss like a sailor, she’s the total package. I hope she finds someone worthy of her. 

I literally fast forwarded thru much of the pre-wedding Sal stuff. I mean I like me some reality tv but even I have limits….goddamn he’s boring. Gah! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

Any goodwill Shake and shayne had built up evaporated this episode. At first, I thought Shake was trying to play off being upset that she said no but then he said some really jerky comments. Bye. LOVE that Deepti said no. Good for her. 

Shayne needs anger management and rehab. I agree, he's an alcoholic. Run Natalie! 

I think Nick and Danielle could work out if they do therapy AND Danielle also has individual therapy. I think part of Nick wanted to say no but does care about her and didn't want to make her insecurities worse. 

I truly thought Iyanna was going to say no. I've always liked them individually but they won me over as a couple tonight. Jarrette's friends were cracking me up. They seem fun.

I was surprised Sal said no. I thought Mallory would have said no as well.  I never believed her once when she said she loved hi. 

I wish we had a couple episodes showing what happens next before the reunion. 

• Love 7

Is the reunion March 4?

I was 3 for 5 so I'm pleased with that, was wrong about Shayne/Natalie and Jarrette/Lyanna

It sounds like Natalie would have said yes, up until the night before....but i think that fight was a blessing in disguise....no one says they hate the person they are about to marry yet call them their best friend

I think what might have happened with Jarette/Lyanna, is that Jerbear was a little unsure after the whole Mallory fiasco, but as the weeks went by, I think his bond with her grew, however, I think she saw more of his bachelor lifestyle and started having doubts, but took that leap of faith, I think they have a good chance of lasting

Danielle/Nick is the couple I have no clue on.......

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

But I have to ask - does anyone else in her life call her that? 

I was wondering the same thing when he first started calling her Deeps. But her Instagram handle is lifewithDeeps, and she has a picture of herself in front of Mylar balloons spelling out Deeps. 

• Useful 11
  • Love 2

Ah the weddings.  I think the only one I predicted correctly was Sal and Mal. 

Deep down, I think everyone would be relieved with a "no" except for perhaps Cameron in the first season.  I believe everyone would like more time to get to know one another.  But here are my thoughts.

Nick and Danielle

I should have guessed the focus on Nervous Nick was producer manipulation and he'd say yes.  Based on everything we've seen, these two shouldn't be married yet but I do believe each is a bit dysfunctional deep down and they couldn't help but flock to one another.  Danielle is deeply insecure and makes mountains out of molehills but I believe Nick's gossipy nature is due to the fact that he lurves himself some drama.  I feel bad for their neighbors if they're still together because holy hell do I predict a lot of angry screaming matches.

Deepti and Shake

Part of me was rooting for them because I think they make for a beautiful couple and I was hoping for unrealistic soap opera growth.  But this is real life and any apparent growth was completely a facade.  He reverted to who he was at the beginning. 

Shake is a deeply insecure man.   I have this feeling all his talk about attraction was an attempt to gauge whether or not marrying her would make him the envy of his friend group.  It turns out, it probably would have because she's amazing and kind of the hero of the season.  He just can't shake the poseur off of him.  The things he does or the things he buys really feel done not because they bring him joy but because they think it establishes him

I do not think he was happy she got to say "no."

Shayne and Natalie

This is another case of reverting.  Shayne had this in him all along and I hate that when they flashed back to how critical Natalie was of Shayne, they didn't flash back to just how ugly Shayne can be when he fights and get defensive. It's troubling and he did it here too after their wedding. He told her he means what he says but he seems to forget that there are two things that he has said that are opposite one another.  Either he loves her or he hates her. 

But this wedding ending was predictable when I saw the looks on the faces of the mothers. 

Salvador and Mallory

I thought this non-wedding was the most beautiful because it truly felt like these two did care for one another but were entirely on the same page about where their relationship stood. I think Mallory would have said "no" too. Her phrasing about "I do love Sal" instead of "I'm in love with Sal" and "I do wonder if he'll change his mind because it's an emotional day" was careful, I thought.  The impression is that he'd change his mind about saying "yes" but I think she was a little nervous he'd change his mind about saying "no."

I'm curious to see if they're still friends. I do not think they're dating.

Iyanna and Jarrette

Does this show hate black love?  I mean, if we had seen more of this couple we saw tonight, this would have been an easy call of "yes."

I should have predicted them, though.  Iyanna and Deepti (and Shaina---btw, I truly resent how much post-show screen time she's getting) were interviewed.  Iyanna looked really happy.  Deepti did not look like a bride in the honeymoon phase (although her nose ring threw me.)

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, Zuleikha said:

I was wondering the same thing when he first started calling her Deeps. But her Instagram handle is lifewithDeeps, and she has a picture of herself in front of Mylar balloons spelling out Deeps. 

Thanks.  Shake had obviously never seen her Instagram in the pod --- but maybe she told him to call her that?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

But I have to ask - does anyone else in her life call her that?  Or is it just Shake?  Because if so, that's fucking weird.  And everyone here has adopted the nickname too!  I've never heard Deepti, her friends, or her family refer to her as this -- correct me if I am wrong.

Deepti referred to herself as Deeps at least once during a confessional, I want to say. 

I think Deepti had known for awhile that Shake wasn't sexually attracted to her and was over it. She never seemed that upset about his misgivings and I think it's because she knew he wasn't worth it. She's played along for the cameras but was ready to say no for a long time. And she did it like a queen.

I am so proud of Natalie. Editing tried to fool me, but Shayne is 100% the asshole I pegged in the beginning. And more than likely an alcoholic with an anger problem. I am so glad that Natalie went with her gut and got out. 

Mal and Sal, I think they might stay friends. I don't think they're going to date. I think they'll find other people. But I also think they might have been the most honest with each other.

Iyanna and Jarrett were cute together. I hope they make it work. I think there will be adjustments ahead but I think they both want to try.

Nick and Danielle. Fuck me, what a disaster. Maybe, like others have said, if they get some therapy, but I don't think so. I can't believe Nick said yes. He looked miserable the whole time. I think he was afraid to say no and worried about Danielle spiraling if he rejected her. 

I'm guessing the reunion show will bring some DRAMA. Maybe Shayne and Shaina will get engaged!

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

I am very curious how things will go at the reunion. Deepti seemed genuinely hurt by Shake, but I'm a little perplexed by it. She knew he wasn't physically attracted to her. Even if she didn't know he was talking to other people about it, she knew from his actions that the physical connection wasn't there and they talked about it at least a bit. But in her interviews about choosing herself, she seemed to be framing it like Shake did something mean to her as opposed to what I think it really was--the chemistry just wasn't there in real life. They probably should have broken up after Mexico rather than try to force something to work that wasn't working.

We've all talked a lot about Danielle, Nick, and even Shayne benefiting from good therapy, but I wonder if Deepti may need it, too. There have been hints all along that she's very self-sacrificing. Maybe she needs to choose herself more in more aspects of her life.

I actually liked that Shake tried to turn failed wedding into a party. I don't think he had any intention of saying yes, so it was nice that he didn't want all the work that went into the reception to go to waste. I wonder what happened for Natalie/Shayne and Sal/Mallory. (I'm also really wondering if either of those two couples are still together. Unlike most here, I think Mallory really did love Sal. I think she's not very emotionally open. But she also acknowledged that he wasn't her standard type, so I won't be surprised if they didn't last.)

• Love 2

I don't believe for one second that these couples have not discussed their decisions before they get to the altar.  If any of them were truly surprised, there would have been more of a reaction from the other person and their families.

Look at Shane, he could barely mumble out his yes at the altar. He knew Natalie was going to say no but they both had to go through the motions.  That's why I don't have a problem with Shake and his reaction to Deeps' no. He knew she was going to say no, they probably have had conversations about physical attraction previous to the wedding and she knew where she stood, and he knew where he stood.

I think it will be I think it will be deeply disrespectful to all involved if anybody was actually blindsided by the decision at the wedding. There is no way they spent all that time talking, talking, talking, but their significant other doesn't know if the other person will say yes.

As for Mal and Sal, they both were going to say no, but the show has a story line to wrap up and they probably thought it would be more dramatic to have Sal be the one to say no.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Thanks.  Shake had obviously never seen her Instagram in the pod --- but maybe she told him to call her that?

Probably.  Maybe that's a common nickname for the name Deepti?  I know she called him Abdi in the pods at least once which is not a name we were ever presented with.

3 hours ago, snickers said:

Is the reunion March 4?

Yes.  It was filmed this week.

12 minutes ago, violet and green said:

Looked pretty surprised to me. Then had to cover up the shock of rejection by his further let's party actions and statements.

I think he was surprised by her "no" too. He might have been doing a "no" as well but it looks like the words stung him and he had his ego bruised.  He really wanted to try to make sure the narrative was flipped so he was in the power position. "You can't fire me. I quit." I did notice they were the only two who didn't have a little talk after the altar rejection.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Empress1 said:

They’re expecting a baby!

Mallory did sound like that, like she knew she SHOULD love him but wasn’t quite there.

I don't think Mallory was ever IN love with him. Which is fair. They didn't know each other for that long. But I think she had love FOR Sal but didn't love him in that way. No spark. I think she chose him over Jarrette in that J is who she ways goes for. Sal is what she needs but ultimately I think she ready for that yet. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Your Grace said:

I don't believe for one second that these couples have not discussed their decisions before they get to the altar.  If any of them were truly surprised, there would have been more of a reaction from the other person and their families.

Look at Shane, he could barely mumble out his yes at the altar. He knew Natalie was going to say no but they both had to go through the motions.  That's why I don't have a problem with Shake and his reaction to Deeps' no. He knew she was going to say no, they probably have had conversations about physical attraction previous to the wedding and she knew where she stood, and he knew where he stood.

I think it will be I think it will be deeply disrespectful to all involved if anybody was actually blindsided by the decision at the wedding. There is no way they spent all that time talking, talking, talking, but their significant other doesn't know if the other person will say yes.

As for Mal and Sal, they both were going to say no, but the show has a story line to wrap up and they probably thought it would be more dramatic to have Sal be the one to say no.

I actually don't think they talk it all out and there are genuine surprises there. Not all of them. At the end of the day, they can say whatever to each other beforehand but neither one truly knows until the other party says the words. So, they never truly know.

I don't think Shayne and Natalie talked at all after the blow up. Shayne probably thought she would say no now but was hoping she would say yes so it hurt anyway. 

It doesn't matter what Nick and Danielle said to each other. She was never going to believe he was going to say the words until he said I do with all her insecurities.

I think Sal and Mal clearly didn't know what the other was going to say. But, I think Sal assumed she would say no and Mal assumed he would say yes because he was so Gung ho about it still.

I think Shake assumed she would just roll with it and stay anyway. I don't feel like he saw that coming. 

Iyanna and Jarrette I feel were the only ones that may have talked things out beforehand.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, violet and green said:

Looked pretty surprised to me. Then had to cover up the shock of rejection by his further let's party actions and statements.

Agreed. I think he thinks so highly of himself, that he never thought she would say no. 

• Love 10
16 hours ago, violet and green said:

For real? He came after her, she did say sorry and was genuinely concerned for him, and then he said he meant those things (not the things at the altar but the horrible things he said when he was drunk the night before) and that was how he felt. It was horrific. He was either drunk or out of it on something or both, and she was trying her best to communicate with him as someone she loved and her friend. I would not be calling him in a few days if I was her. He could try and crawl across broken glass to apologise sincerely, first, before I'd suggest she even accept his call.

I meant that Natalie should have put off the conversation for later if she wants to work on things with Shayne. I agree that she shouldn't, especially since she feels fear and anxiety around him. No amount of "you're my Best Friend" declarations can make up for his assholery.

• Love 2

Shayne:  I didn't like Shayne from the get-go.  

I hated the way he kept asking Shaina what she was wearing, then nearly simulating sex acts with her based on her crop tops and short shorts.  Just.  Ick.  Then the way he handled the "I was hoping it was you, Shaina" when it was Natalie, was just awful.  He never truly owned it, never took accountability, and finally mumbled an apology.  I thought Natalie should have dropped him from then.

His awkward constant gestures + his lack of socks + holes in jeans + his "I don't believe in 401K's"  = a big no from me.  

Shake:  I didn't like Shake from the get-go.  

The way he kept asking women "Would I be able to put you on my shoulders at a concert?" as a way to assess their weight was disgusting.  I hated the way he kept calling Deepti, "Deeps".  You don't even like this woman, yet you're coining a nickname for her that no one else uses?

Shake's handling of Deepti's "No" at the alter was despicable.  Show some class, dude.  Smiling, laughing, saying if he had said yes, she'd have said yes.  Really?  Enjoy Nobu, you fool.  If I had a pet, I wouldn't take it to Shake as a vet.  Maybe a lizard.

Salvadore:  From the first moment he mentioned his singing, and that "unfortunately", he was unable to make a career out of it, I thought.....oh jeez, here we go.  Another Social Media wanna-be.  Cue the ukelele.  Cue the singing roommate duo.  Cue the "I'm such a good guy, but followers would be nice".   Every time he sang, I wanted to hide out of cringe embarrassment.  

Iyanna:  Adorable.  Giggles and all.  I do hope they make it.  Loved watching them jump over the broom.

Nick & Danielle - Disaster.  Waiting to happen.  Am I the only one who noticed his leather halter vest thing when he opened his closet?  Like, a literal closet, but, um.....Nick, I know it would be hard to tell your stone-faced mom, but life would be so much better for you if you did. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13