Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E22: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

Pretty dumb to suggest that Christians are the only ones capable of forgiveness.  No, she didn't come out and say that outright but this is just the kind of thoughtless comment that Andy Cohen pounces on. And the implication was there. Stupid and he's bound to seize on it one way or another.  And, really, forget about forgiveness -- How about just some basic civility.

Heather's insistence on sticking up for Josh and so completely identifying with him is a total turn off.  She's got a real blind spot when it comes to this stuff.  It would be easy enough to find a way to support both so-called sides in this marital dispute -- if necessary to get into it at all -- but Heather still seems incapable of coming up with that language and is insufferably condescending towards Kristen.  The latter needs to grown a real backbone and stop looking for approval from people who fundamentally don't respect her, regardless of what they say. 

Kristen is beautiful but strapless ballgowns are no longer her friend.  I like a natural bust -- i.e., one that doesn't begin at the chin -- but that dress is slipping lower and lower and taking the coastline with it. 

Is it just me or has Sonja's make-up become even more intense and slathered on over the course of two chapters?  She's looks like a ventriloquist's dummy at this point -- so much rouge and bronzer.  Crazy pants.  The thing about teaching these kids how to use a computer and do scheduling was so totally idiotic that I felt bad for her.  Off to the psych unit, stat. 

And this is the only reason I kind of got a thrill from the horrible Ramona basically telling Andy to screw himself on air -- He and this show have been exploiting these people -- and numerous others -- for years on end.  Good to see someone, even someone I can't abide, tell him to get lost.   He's a vulture. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 6
I have to wonder if Ramona really doesn't remember the shit she says.

Ya know, this is one of the few things that has come out of Ramona's mouth that I can even comprehend believing.  I can fully get on board that she doesn't remember 1/2 the awful things she says because she was too drunk on Pinot to remember saying them. 

For me Heather is the closest thing to an actual Role Model I have ever seen on any of these shows. She just possesses all the qualities that I think make a woman I would admire. She is not perfect. She says stuff she shouldn't and she does like to be in control, but I don't know any perfect people. She seems to be a great mother, a great wife, and an extremely loyal and supportive friend. She is funny, smart, self-deprecating, and she takes great care of herself. Those are the things that I find empowering in a woman.

Amen.  Ooops, I mean "holla!" 

• Love 4

Oh man! I need to see that bumper again, where Andy as Mom pretends to respond to the children while on his phone. His answers just barely meet the requirements for perfunctory.

I loved that too.  Sonya especially was going on and on, Andy this and Andy that and he nodded and kept texting.   If any of these women think he really gives a flip about them, they are sadly mistaken.

Aviva - I can't. I just can't.  Hope she is gone next season.

Sonya  - delusional to the point where it's sad, and (dare I say it?) "weird". There seems to be a serious disconnect there. 

So Andy was annoyed at Ramona's attempt to shut him down - he gets petulant with some of the HW's, there are others who would have gotten a pass on that question.  I don't know why he felt like he needed to go on and on when clearly she was not biting.  And - who cares?  It's her marriage and there could be many reasons why she didn't want to talk - maybe they are trying to reconcile, maybe there is a divorce in the works and she has to be careful about what she says on television...whatever.  

But...you would think that because of this, she would finally be a little more sensitive to others.  I wanted to slap her when she made the comment about LuAnn wanting to sleep with Sonja's boyfriends.  Because when she does that, it brings me to "ok fine, your marriage is fair game".  Kudos to Luann for making the Karma comment and leaving it at that.

Other than that, blah.

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 2

I loved how Ramoana started giving Kristen marriage advice after refusing to talk about her cheating husband and her own marriage woes. Heather and Carole were looking at her like WTF?

I had the same WFT look on my face!  Ramona and that creepy soft voice she uses when she's bullshitting is just weird.  Did you hear that Aviva??  Weird. 

I wish Carole had been able to respond to Aviva's rewrite of history, but she kept interrupting!  Carole has said she didn't have a ghostwriter for the memoir -- she probably didn't feel the need to say it again.  There's no disputing that Carole had an editor for her novel -- we saw them working together -- but most writers DO have editors and they're glad to have one.  There's no shame in having an editor -- something Aviva doesn't seem to understand.  Editors and ghostwriters aren't the same thing.

And "Use your words, Writer Girl!" after Carole said Aviva's behavior was "weird".  Any good writer will tell you that the best word is often the simplest word.  It was obvious that Aviva had that line prepared (probably by a ghostwriter) and couldn't wait to use it. 

I was really disappointed that Aviva was able to spout her hateful revisionist crap with seemingly little or no response from Carole.  I think that Carole is so over Aviva, so I do like that she didn't let Aviva get her as upset as she was before and go off on Aviva, but Aviva needed to be corrected and her contradictions and totally hypocritical points needed to be addressed IMO.  Maybe they were and we just didn't see it all.  I would love to see the unedited footage. 

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 2

Still loving Luann.

Watching Ramona with that odd smile plastered on her face the whole time they played her and Mario segments was quite the sight to behold. As far as I am concerned Ramona got off easy and the Countess treated Ramona better than she deserved. Even at the reunion Ramona was still throwing accusations. She just threw out that Luann slept with Sonja's old boyfriends out of the clear blue. How the fuck dare she and that was in the midst of trying to shut down all talk of her marriage she wants to lob that grenade across the couch. Bitch! Ramona is lucky that Luann is a better woman than me, because I would have eviscerated that heffa after that. Luann might not have the Queen of England's breeding, pedigree, money or class level but as compared to Ramona, she sure as hell does.

Aviva can go repelling without rope down Mt. St. Helen's, mid-eruption. That woman is a ghoul. Worst of all she is a dummy. 

So the mystery of Sonja and her interns continues. She starts off saying they do get college credits. Apparently there are "colleges" out there that offer a semester credit to learn how to use a Mac and schedule appointments. So is the fashion and merchandising credit for sorting through Sonja's panties by location?  Wouldn't want to get the St. Tropez crotchless undies mixed up with the Hamptons thongs. That so-called college must be the equivalent of the remedial trailer behind the school. Then Sonja says they are volunteers, which is essentially a whole 'nother animal. I am just done with looking for logic for anything Sonja says or does.  If Sonja subsequently gets sued over this.....no words!

LOL! at Sonja's shock and surprise that Luann doesn't trust her. At every possible turn, Sonja has taken a swipe at Luann, what does she expect. 

What was with her claiming to just not remember some of her really mean shit? She didn't remember the comment about folks with less money being satisfied with the Berkshires, and didn't remember telling the gals that Sonja didn't really care about Lu. I guess that is one way to not get called out on what an awful person you are. Don't defend it, just say you don't remember saying it

When you are sharing the same defense tactics as the OC's Tamra Barney, you are in trouble.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 4

I was grinning like a cat who caught the mouse when Luann said, "Karma's a bitch."  Doesn't mean that I enjoy watching people suffer, wtf?!  Ramona deserves whatever's coming her way.

And the Capote reference wasn't over my head, either.   It appears many of us "got it."  Thanks.

I got it, but I have never believed that particular rumor to be true. I cannot honestly imagine anyone who has read both books would believe it to be true, but I know many people buy into it. I still think it was a very mean comment, which is no surprise coming from that wretched witch. 

• Love 2

islandgal140:  A lot of good, hard work goes on in those remedial trailers behind the school--and makes a huge difference, if done right, for a lot students later on. Cheers and all but just saying maybe best to keep the young & academically challenged out of it ... Sonja's issues with her hostel boarders and the tale they are ALL spinning ain't got nothing to do with IEPs, special ed kids, and the short bus. 

And these so-called kids and interns are also responsible for this charade.  If I were one of their parents, I'd be concerned as hell.  It's not just Sonja's who should be taken to task for this crap -- Pickle and Co. are also in on this made for TV scam. 

• Love 1

Finally, confirmation that Sonja has been lying about her "interns." Name me one school that gives college credit for a semester of learning how to use a Mac and I'll show you a deed in France with Sonja's name on it. Esp. these days -- kids learn PC skills in grade school! These young people in Sonja's life are either paid or unpaid assistants, or they literally just showed up on a day of taping for the thrill of being on tv. You could see the others rolling their eyes at Sonja's continuum of delusional lies.

I realized last night that Sonja is not really Grey Gardens crazy she is likely a far more serious brand of crazy. One of my other interests, because I really have other interests than just BRAVO, is True Crime.  There is a  particular true crime I have read about for years and followed the case. The Murderer sits in Prison but will never go away and is continually trying to get a new trial, trying to bring others, not truly informed about the massive physical  eveidence that convicted him 35 years ago, into his cause.

At any rate the man is certainly a narcissist and in my opinion (and the opinion of many others who have studied the case) a sociopath. Maybe because I just happened to be reading about that case over the weekend, last night when Sonja came up with that ludicrous homeless girl in Ireland tweeting for her (WTF?)  it struck me. Just like the murderer, she lies so automatically that, even when what she is saying makes no sense to anyone with half a brain (which may explain why Ramona appears to believe her shit). Lying becomes so second nature to these people that they literally have to stop and make a concerted effort to tell the truth. They also will never acknowledge how stupid the lies sound, because they are convinced, in their sick little minds, that they can convince anyone of anything and are totally shocked when they discover it didn't work. 

Looking at what she has done to damage so many people, the fact that everything is about her (LuAnn has a break up and Sonja is only upset she didn't tell her) and her effortless and ridiculous lies, all point to a narcissistic sociopath. Not all sociopaths committ murders or even crimes. 

I also had to laugh when she said how "loyal" those intern/slaves are. Yeah Sonja, give up your job on National TV and see how long they stick around.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 7
And this is the only reason I kind of got a thrill from the horrible Ramona basically telling Andy to screw himself on air -- He and this show have been exploiting these people -- and numerous others -- for years on end.  Good to see someone, even someone I can't abide, tell him to get lost.   He's a vulture.

But these people volunteer to go on these shows; no one's making them go.  Andy Cohen isn't holding a gun to their heads and forcing them to be filmed.  If you've watched five minutes of any reality show, you know it's exploitation city.

Are Sonja's "interns" just fame whores who want to be on TV?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 9

But these people volunteer to go on these shows; no one's making them go.  Andy Cohen isn't holding a gun to their heads and forcing them to be filmed.  If you've watched five minutes of any reality show, you know it's exploitation city.

That's right. And this nasty, foul trailer monkey fronting as a lady of the manor has signed up for this for six years in a row. She is always the first to bark and squawk about the misfortunes of others, but when it comes to her family, we are only supposed to see the "good parts"? Uh, no, Crazy Eyes--your philandering, fame-whoring huzzbin is also fair game. Still feeling like the "luckiest woman in the world" with your made-up, fake trifecta? 

• Love 15

I guess Sonja felt left out of the ghostwriter debate and had to reveal her homeless girl in Ireland ghost twitterer.

Sonja believes her own lies.  I think she is likely the most delusional person I have ever observed.  The shit that comes out of her mouth in front of people who KNOW for a fact she is lying.  She is a manipulating cheap ass.  Everyone knows she doesn't have businesses, board meetings, a yacht, a team of attorneys, or a cent to her name besides what RHoNY brings in.  She hustles, swindles, fast-talks and grifts her way through life.  And what exactly are her interns/volunteers learning?  Mac skills, fashion... for college credit???  The strangest thing is that Ramona supports her delusions.

Edited by BitchOnWheelz
  • Love 2

I think Ramona is just as batshit crazy as Sonja. They are both so delusional about their lives, it's really getting old watching these two lie about everything going on with their lives.  Nothing would please me more than if Aviv's was fired, Ramona was relegated to "friend" and Luann was back  to holding the apple status. As for Sonja, I don't even know where she fits in anymore, except maybe comic relief. 

• Love 3

And this is the only reason I kind of got a thrill from the horrible Ramona basically telling Andy to screw himself on air -- He and this show have been exploiting these people -- and numerous others -- for years on end.  Good to see someone, even someone I can't abide, tell him to get lost.   He's a vulture. 

I have heard this exploitation charge before, but I guess I don't understand it. These are not poor children in a 3rd world country being exploited for cheap labor. These are mostly accomplished women making a bunch of money to allow cameras to follow them around and document their lives. Hell, they don't even really follow them around. They schedule the days/events they want production to film them. They can decide to get their hair done, to go shopping, to go to lunch. With the exception of the group events, they set their own schedule. Now, they have nothing to say about how things are edited, but since they sign a contract that has been looked over by lawyers, I assume they are OK with that. I don't see how that works out to being exploited.  I think it works out to being employed and accountable to your boss. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 11

Here is an awesome recap from Brian Moylan over at Vulture, for those of you who enjoy great writing. He completely gets to the heart of the hypocrisy that is Ramona, but more importantly, breaks down why the BookGate deal was so horrid, and so different from other HW fights (I know others think it was boring, but it is the most riveting HW issue I have ever seen, only because it was so ugly. Almost as ugly as what Brandi did to Adrienne, and I never thought I would be able to say that). Enjoy!

http://www.vulture.com/2014/08/real-housewives-of-new-york-city-recap-season-6-reunion-2.html

• Love 7

Who brought their xray to a party to 'prove' they had asthma?  Who kept on showing their inhaler?  Who brought a doctor's note and business cards from their doctor?  Yes, Aviva, if you believe if someone protests to much, they're lying, well then, what about you?

I f I recall correctly, Aviva "Munchhausen" Drescher said at the Team Sonja (LOL) party that the x-ray was to rule out cancer.  What a laugh.

I read that she had flat polyps removed from her colon and calls it a "cancer scare".  She swears they were "pre-cancer", of course and that she would surely have had cancer in 5 years had they not been found in time.  She says the asthma was a blessing in disguise because she had an endoscopy and colonoscopy as a result.  I wonder how many unnecessary medical procedures she's insisted on over the years.  Jeez.  She's just not happy unless she's fighting some imaginary disorder or life-threatening circumstance.  She reminds me of one of these people who WISH to be amputees:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_integrity_identity_disorder

Edited by BitchOnWheelz
  • Love 3

I read that she had flat polyps removed from her colon and calls it a "cancer scare".  She swears they were "pre-cancer", of course and that she would surely have had cancer in 5 years had they not been found in time.  She says the asthma was a blessing in disguise because she had an endoscopy and colonoscopy as a result.  I wonder how many unnecessary medical procedures she's insisted on over the years.  Jeez.  She's just not happy unless she's fighting some imaginary disorder or life-threatening circumstance.  She reminds me of one of these people who WISH to be amputees:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_integrity_identity_disorder

Please don't read this as a defense of Aviva. I find her revolting. And I agree that she probably exaggerates her medical issues and uses them, real and imagined, in various ways. But if they were flat polyps, this time she's probably telling the truth.   

Oh! Reading the Vulture recap reminded me of something that Ramona did seasons ago. There was a video on YouTube (that has since been pulled) several years back of LuAnn's daughter smoking pot and dropping the N-bomb. Ramona was all too eager to re-tweet that video. Now all of a sudden out of respect for her own 19 year old daughter, Ramona refuses to answer questions about Mario's cheating? Get the fuck out!

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 13

Oh! Reading the Vulture recap reminded me of something that Ramona did seasons ago. There was a video on YouTube (that has since been pulled) several years back of LuAnn's daughter smoking pot and dropping the N-bomb. Ramona was all too eager to re-tweet that video. Now all of a sudden out of respect for her own 19 year old daughter, Ramona refuses to answer questions about Mario's cheating? Get the fuck out!

Agree, Ramona's attempted use of Avery as a human shield was laughable. Personally, I think that's Mario's cheating was the real reason that Ramona was so upset with Avery leaving for college.  I think Mario actually was more respectful of Avery than he was of Ramona and kept himself fairly tame while she was growing up/in the home.  I don't think it's a coincidence that he was banging his side piece in his Hamptons house after Avery moved to a different part of the country.  I think Ramona knew that Avery was her saving grace and when she was grown/out of the house, all bets were off. 

• Love 9

Here is an awesome recap from Brian Moylan over at Vulture, for those of you who enjoy great writing. He completely gets to the heart of the hypocrisy that is Ramona, but more importantly, breaks down why the BookGate deal was so horrid, and so different from other HW fights (I know others think it was boring, but it is the most riveting HW issue I have ever seen, only because it was so ugly. Almost as ugly as what Brandi did to Adrienne, and I never thought I would be able to say that). Enjoy!

http://www.vulture.com/2014/08/real-housewives-of-new-york-city-recap-season-6-reunion-2.html

Thank you this week too for the link. I think that was you who posted it those past weeks ? I forgot to check his recap so it's a cool reminder.

Between that and this interview posted in Carole's thread http://www.buzzfeed.com/kateaurthur/carole-radziwill-interview-real-housewives-of-new-york it's really clear to me that Aviva is the most fucked up of all the housewives combined. And that ensemble includes frauders, drunks, ex-strippers, conmen wives... and Tamra Barney. It is truly THAT big of a deal what she did to Carole.

Aviva is lucky that Carole hasn't the financial power of the Maloof to sue her ass into oblivion and force Bravo to edit the season as if that storyline was never part of the play. 

What a bitch(™Zoila).

• Love 3

For anyone who genuinely thinks these women are being exploited by Andy Cohen and/or Bravo... Sonja has some real estate in France that she'd like to sell you. 

Give me a break, these women sign up for this shit season after season. 

I think Ramona had a mental break when Mario's infidelity came to light.  Considering how in love with their Hamptons property she is, it wouldn't surprise me if that's the reason she's not divorcing Mario--she doesn't want to lose the property.  So much for being an independent woman who doesn't need to stay married to a man who treats her like garbage. 

• Love 4

Thank you this week too for the link. I think that was you who posted it those past weeks ? I forgot to check his recap so it's a cool reminder.

Between that and this interview posted in Carole's thread http://www.buzzfeed.com/kateaurthur/carole-radziwill-interview-real-housewives-of-new-york it's really clear to me that Aviva is the most fucked up of all the housewives combined. And that ensemble includes frauders, drunks, ex-strippers, conmen wives... and Tamra Barney. It is truly THAT big of a deal what she did to Carole.

Aviva is lucky that Carole hasn't the financial power of the Maloof to sue her ass into oblivion and force Bravo to edit the season as if that storyline was never part of the play. 

What a bitch(™Zoila).

Seriously. I went back and just read Aviva's blog during the bookgate episode and what makes it worse, IMO, is that Aviva declares bookgate "the stupidest fight in Housewives history".  No, Aviva.  This is not about being bossy, or boys crashing a girls trip, or getting Ramona's hair wet, you stupid bitch.  I understand and agree with Carole's stance of leave it alone and the less Aviva she has in her life, the better, but I still can't help but wish that Carole would pursue some legal recourse. 

Or at least, she would have picked up Aviva's leg and smacked her with it.

• Love 1

I f I recall correctly, Aviva "Munchhausen" Drescher said at the Team Sonja (LOL) party that the x-ray was to rule out cancer.  What a laugh.

Ummm, maybe I'm completely missing something, but why would you have a colonoscopy to diagnose asthma?

The difference is Mario is the one "allegedly" cheating.  Going after Ramona and Avery for his actions is unfair.  LuAnn looked like the bigger ass saying they were true, why weren't they true about her and the Count, but they were true about Mario?

• Love 1

It's true, Carole and reunions don't work very well, which makes sense because she has qualities that make her a good writer - she's introspective and thoughtful, as well as non-confrontational, as she's admitted. Not surprisingly, she gets her digs in via her blog, and it's really clever and well-written this week. She dedicates it to her favorite word: weird, and uses it throughout. She even says a lot of things that we've all been saying here tonight, like the difference between a "real writer" and a ghost, writing vs. publishing, Harper Lee, Truman Capote and the In Cold Blood rumor, Atticus Finch, etc.... And then signs off as "Writer Girl."

I've always thought that for someone who worked as a news producer Carol is very bad at high conflict situations. On the show she seems to have two speeds. She goes in angry and sarcastic and refuses to hear anything the other person says (Apples and Spaceships or the borrowed dress scene from last season.) or she mumbles a lot and shoves food in her mouth (the lunch with her dove tailing "I'm a writer. I write. I'm a writer who writes" or her apology to Luanne early this season). Even when I think she's in the right I spend a lot of time unable to follow her logic and confused as to why she is letting something bug get so much. Producers pretty much deal with high pressure conflicting situations all day long and by all accounts Carol was good at it. It just surprises me how inarticulate she can be when stressed.

Oh and even though Carol is in the right with Aviva and Aviva is a crazy bitch, I had to roll my eyes too when she tried to lay some of the blame for her poor book sales on this BS. The Widows Guide got bad reviews and her publishing company didn't seem to want to promote it. In fact, Bravo was the majority of her promotion. It didn't sell because it wasn't a good book. This doesn't make Carole a bad writer in all respects, but damn Girl. You wrote a bad book. Of all the things you can blame on Aviva, that's not one of them.

I was surprised about the remark Andy made concerning Aviva's request of Carole to be a godmother to Aviva's daughter. Do Jews have godparents?

I want to know what happened between seasons. Last season Carole and Heather were still Team Aviva even during the reunion. By the time filming started Carole especially, and Heather, seemed really angry at Aviva. Before anything happened. I get anyone disliking Aviva, but they were all about making 10,000 excuses for her before. What happened? Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 4

Pretty sure I remember Ramona trying to bring this up at the reunion, too.  Ramona wanted to talk about why Luann's daughter had been kicked out of school or had to change schools or something.  Ramona loved to rub it in Luann's face that not only was Ramona's marriage better than Luann's, but her kid was better than Luann's kids as well. 

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 3

The difference is Mario is the one "allegedly" cheating.  Going after Ramona and Avery for his actions is unfair.  LuAnn looked like the bigger ass saying they were true, why weren't they true about her and the Count, but they were true about Mario?

But the thing is, I don't think anyone was going after Ramona and Avery for Mario's actions. I think they wanted Ramona to take some accountability for her own actions.  

Lu and the other gals were very easy on Ramona, as was Andy. They could have been asking all kinds of questions, like "why did you file for divorce if everything in your marriage is so peachy", or "why have you filed a restraining order against the sad sack of shit Mario thought good enough to bang in your bed" (Ok the last part they probably wouldn't have said, but I would have). Or they could have asked about the fact that she admitted on Beth's show that it had been a very hard time in her life. She denied any of this last night and said "what pain"? They all let her off the hook big time, including Lu. 

None of this is about what Mario did, or blaming Ramona for it. It is all about calling Ramona out for her own behavior. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 6

Pretty dumb to suggest that Christians are the only ones capable of forgiveness.  No, she didn't come out and say that outright but this is just the kind of thoughtless comment that Andy Cohen pounces on. And the implication was there. Stupid and he's bound to seize on it one way or another.  And, really, forget about forgiveness -- How about just some basic civility.

Heather's insistence on sticking up for Josh and so completely identifying with him is a total turn off.  She's got a real blind spot when it comes to this stuff.  It would be easy enough to find a way to support both so-called sides in this marital dispute -- if necessary to get into it at all -- but Heather still seems incapable of coming up with that language and is insufferably condescending towards Kristen.  The latter needs to grown a real backbone and stop looking for approval from people who fundamentally don't respect her, regardless of what they say. 

Kristen is beautiful but strapless ballgowns are no longer her friend.  I like a natural bust -- i.e., one that doesn't begin at the chin -- but that dress is slipping lower and lower and taking the coastline with it. 

I find it quite sad that Kristen feels she needs Heather's approval. Like...who is Heather at the end of the day? No one. She's irrelevant. I like Heather, so I'm not trying to be rude, but I hope Kristen finds the confidence within herself that she doesn't need the approval of Josh or Heather.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 5

In terms of LuAnn and her shadiness regarding her marriage to the Count all those years ago, I agree that she doesn't have a leg to stand on. However, Ramona is trying to shield herself behind Avery when it comes to the rumors of Mario's cheating all the while going after LuAnn's daughter when it came to LuAnn's marriage and life. 

• Love 1

Ummm, maybe I'm completely missing something, but why would you have a colonoscopy to diagnose asthma?

Probably to rule out a sinus problem (since her head's so far up her ass).

ETA: Oops, shoegal beat me to the punchline!   Great minds, fools & all that.  :-)

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 3

In defense of Harper Lee. Having grown up in Monroeville, Alabama, Harper Lee's hometown, I believe Miss Nellie wrote To Kill a Mockingbird. If Capote had written it there would of been no way in hell he would of kept quiet. Especially when the book won the Pulitzer.  Aviva is a mess, Ramona...oh my and poor Sonja. I read this somewhere and it is so true. Sonja tries to come off like an (aging) "Holly Golightly" character from Breakfast at Tiffany's (btw a Capote novella). She is a party girl trying to get by on her looks and the attentions of wealthy men. That can only last so long.

Question... why was LouAnn not an "officail" housewife this year? I think i saw her more than Aviva

So who do you all think will be on the next season? Who is leaving/fired/joining? I vote to kick Aviva off the island...oop wrong show

Sonja's Next Appearance on WWHL

Sonja: To clarify, I devote about 3 semesters to scheduling events on a Mac. One semester on carrying my luggage around to international diplomats' homes/beds (this satisfies a political science requirement for the interns). Two semesters on how to use a toaster in a sexy way.  And finally, the last two semesters are basically the equivalent of a civil engineering course - the interns drive me around/learn about traffic lights - an intensive transportation workshop essentially.

Edited because I spelled Sonja as Sonya (OMG how could I forget it's Sonja with a sexy j??)

I think the fashion merchandising comes in with packing and knowing how to pick the proper underwear (or none) for the occasion.

I was surprised about the remark Andy made concerning Aviva's request of Carole to be a godmother to Aviva's daughter. Do Jews have godparents?

Did we see that last season?  I remember pathetic Taylor trying to get Adrienne to be a godmother to her 4 year old daughter on RHoBH.  Don't remember that on NYC.

But the thing is, I don't think anyone was going after Ramona and Avery for Mario's actions. I think they wanted Ramona to take some accountability for her own actions.  

Lu and the other gals were very easy on Ramona, as was Andy. They could have been asking all kinds of questions, like "why did you file for divorce if everything in your marriage is so peachy", or "why have you filed a restraining order against the sad sack of shit Mario thought good enough to bang in your bed" (Ok the last part they probably wouldn't have said, but I would have). Or they could have asked about the fact that she admitted on Beth's show that it had been a very hard time in her life. She denied any of this last night and said "what pain"? They all let her off the hook big time, including Lu. 

None of this is about what Mario did, or blaming Ramona for it. It is all about calling Ramona out for her own behavior. 

What does what Ramona does in her marriage, after filming is over, have any effect on these women's lives?  She bragged about her marriage over the years and then it went in the crapper and now they have pulled it out of the crapper and have reconciled? Nobody was there to be sympathetic to Ramona and nobody during filming had the moxie to be filmed discussing the rumors.  So to now put it on Ramona for not wanting to talk about them is ridiculous.  Andy needs to stick to the rule-if it didn't happen on the show. . .  Very often when a couple reconciles they talk through what hurt them, talk it out and then agree that it is not a subject to be revisited. 

• Love 1

I find it quite sad that Kristen feels she needs Heather's approval. Like...who is Heather at the end of the day? No one. She's irrelevant. I like Heather, so I'm not trying to be rude, but I hope Kristen finds the confidence within herself that she doesn't need the approval of Josh or Heather.

That whole thing was...off. Heather was just a safe place to blow? No. Kristen was pissed at her for ignoring her wishes during the rock climbing thing and for being a mean drunk during the geocaching. She overreacted and started talking about all sorts of irrelevant nonsense, but she was mad at Heather. And the whole "you're special" pat on the back along with Heather's spiel about how much she and Josh connect was creepy. I wouldn't brag about A.How connected I am to my friends husband or B.How connected I am to Josh the douch bag. It was just strange. Once again Heather did nothing wrong at all except for being too awesome and thereby making others feel they have to live up to her awesomeness. Which they don't, Heather will love them anyway. Cue smug, big tooth grin.
  • Love 4
Andy looked really annoyed with Moaner.  So is this it for her?  Can she still be on the show if all she's got to give about her marriage is a bunch of fake crap nobody is gonna believe?

If Ramona is willing to let the cameras in to the aftermath of her separation/divorce/reconciliation/whatever, she is guaranteed to be asked back. But if she continues to bring the nothing is wrong, everything is great line to every scene, I wonder  why they would bring her back if she won't let them into her life. She would only serve as an extra, since she would have zero storyline

• Love 2

What does what Ramona does in her marriage, after filming is over, have any effect on these women's lives?  She bragged about her marriage over the years and then it went in the crapper and now they have pulled it out of the crapper and have reconciled? Nobody was there to be sympathetic to Ramona and nobody during filming had the moxie to be filmed discussing the rumors.  So to now put it on Ramona for not wanting to talk about them is ridiculous.  Andy needs to stick to the rule-if it didn't happen on the show. . .  Very often when a couple reconciles they talk through what hurt them, talk it out and then agree that it is not a subject to be revisited.

That's funny, because LuAnn and her husband's marriage woes and divorce didn't happen on camera, either, and yet Ramona took every chance she could to publicize and embarrass LuAnn about it. On camera! What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

• Love 14
Are Sonja's "interns" just fame whores who want to be on TV?

I'm even more puzzled than before about the interns and think Sonja was being more truthful when she called them "volunteers." The notion of them getting fashion merchandising credit from her, what? Best I can tell, she probably has them return clothes for her; we see them running all sorts of butler-y type tasks for her (letting guests inside, preparing tea, bringing her breakfast).

I will say this, though - Sonja's got great retention rates if Tyler is still there and Pickles has been with her for three years! I'm guessing that they live there gratis, and thus the appeal (even if the townhouse is falling apart).

• Love 1

zoeysmom, on 06 Aug 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

Andy needs to stick to the rule-if it didn't happen on the show. . .

I don't recall that ever being a rule.  Why is that a rule? 

AFAIK, there is no such rule. I think the ladies on RHoATL had an unspoken agreement between them that off-camera drama should not be fodder for the show. I think they also agreed not to attack each other's children, parents, or husbands. Some of the wives adhere to it and some don't. I think Andy should be free to ask anything, even if the evens occurred off camera, or in the off season.

What was with her claiming to just not remember some of her really mean shit? She didn't remember the comment about folks with less money being satisfied with the Berkshires, and didn't remember telling the gals that Sonja didn't really care about Lu. I guess that is one way to not get called out on what an awful person you are. Don't defend it, just say you don't remember saying it.

islandgal beat me to it but I was thinking the same thing - - this defense is seemingly working for Tamra.  Although Tamra does throw alcohol into the mix too.  Ramona has Turtle Time.  Tamra has Trampy Time.

The really important question though is, did Aviva have her colonoscopy at TGI Friday's and then go to Chili's to await the results?

Ramona really didn't handle Andy's questioning well. She had to have known he would go down that path.  Who wouldn't?  Especially with Mario's OTT ballad to the Moaner.  So why not admit that you had problems, admit that yes, you filed for divorce but the two of you are together and are working on your marriage?  If Andy wanted to know what you learned from this experience, all you have to say is that you learned that you wanted to fight for your marriage.  And call it a day.  Being so delusionally defensive is crazy (and Sonja territory).

I really got annoyed with the ladies interrupting and talking over each other.  I know that Heather is besties with Carole but I think Carole had adequately defend herself against Aviva's insults and accusations.  So let her. 

Aviva is clearly a moron.  She really has/had no storyline except for her pervy dad and Bookgate with Carole.  Why wasn't she filmed having meetings about her own book?  I don't think it was released until after filming was over, otherwise I would suggest that she should have been filmed at a book release event, signings, etc.

I love Luann.  There, I said it.  She doesn't get ruffled and she doesn't back down.

• Love 2

I don't recall that ever being a rule.  Why is that a rule? 

It is a general rule because they are airing a television show and the tangents that occur off camera make it confusing for a random viewer to understand.  I think it is a rule only from the standpoint if TPTB don't want something discussed due to litigation, or too hard to follow, or there is no segue way, don't bring it up.  They gave LuAnn the courtesy of two years of lying about being married (while separated) and allowed her to announce at the Season 2  Reunion she was divorcing.  Because no one was willing to bring it up on camera LuAnn benefitted (or not) from "the rule" for two seasons.  Again no one was willing to confront LuAnn  or be filmed gossiping about the status of her marriage and yes it was in the tabloids.  So no discussion on camera means it didn't happen if one follows the rule.

LuAnn and Jill have brought up Mario cheating rumors over two seasons.  One involved a psychic and the other involved Jill just throwing out the accusation. LuAnn faked and I do mean faked trying to get pregnant the natural way (read her blogs from last year) and the subject was quickly ditched when LuAnn's mother made the comment LuAnn had had her tubes tied. No one brought up the tubes tied reality because LuAnn moved on from her faked desire to have children and she and Jacques broke up.  

• Love 2

I just think Ramona sucks. Can't stand her. She's nasty, defensive, snobby, stuck up, just an all-around grade-A asshole. She proves it with almost every sentence, every expression on her dumb face. Shaddup, Ramona! 

Why she feels the need to seem to be above it all is beyond me. We all have problems, we all have to deal with them. Why does she want to seem any different? She might inspire a little compassion if she were to admit, once in awhile, to being human like the rest of us. 

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 2

It is a general rule because they are airing a television show and the tangents that occur off camera make it confusing for a random viewer to understand.

LuAnn and Jill have brought up Mario cheating rumors over two seasons.

You debunked your own point! If LuAnn and Jill raised the topic of Super Mario cheating over the seasons, which they have, then it's fair game to discuss it. After all, it was a topic discussed on the show.

(Besides, saying it's a rule and wanting it to be a rule are two different things. It's not a rule. Just ask Teresa and Joe Giudice).

• Love 7

As some others have posted, Ramona just can't have her perfect facade shattered. Ramona is perfect. She has the perfect marriage to a "hot" husband (unlike the old count, and as she implied to her good pal Sonja, Old Man Money Morgan...), she has the 'perfect' daughter, she was a successful biznizz woman, she has a home in the Hamptons..... Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala....if Ramona can't deal, she ignores or runs away (Simon at the girls only evening, the idea of Alex having nude pics or whatever, lol). Evidently everyone has to play by her rules.

• Love 1

I call bull on the interns getting any college credit from working for Sonja until Pickles/Naomi or one of the other 'interns' confirm it with actual proof. I've heard of personal assistants getting college credit, but I just don't buy that a legitimate college would approve college credit for learning how to use a Mac.

And a whole semester to learn the Mac?  A whole semester to learn how to schedule appointments, because it's "really complicated?"