Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E22: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

There is a part of me that believes maybe Ramona has thrown in the towel on the marriage.  She has ventured out into restaurant ownership sans Mario.  Maybe her ideal life and the life wants as they enter into the fourth quarter of their lives are very different.  Perhaps Avery has given her parents her blessing to carry on apart.  This story only gets interesting as far as the HWs are concerned in Mario starts dating a past or present RH.  Ramona will need to start dating.. . and filming begins in about 6 weeks?

The question he should have asked is this: "your family has been in the press a lot, and this must have been hard for you, since of course you would want to shield Avery from such talk. Having found yourself in this situation, do you have any regrets about the role you have played in the past in bringing other folks marital issues into the conversation?" Simple. Don't make her talk about her marriage at all. Let her pretend they are allegations. The point is there is speculation and she doesn't want anyone to give that speculation any air. She doesn't need to be made to feel badly about anything Mario has done. She needs to be reminded and made to feel badly about her own past behavior.

Yes!  MCM for Reunion Host! The only thing is, I don't think Ramona can be made to feel badly about anything.  That's why I don't think anyone should make that their job because failure is a huge possibility.  The trick would be to try to make her think about what she's done and why it's bad. It's like dealing with my former classroom full of kindergartners.  But I was effective!  I (hopefully) didn't make any one feel bad but they knew their 5 year old brand of B.S. was going to shut down right quick.

The second problem would be to get all the howling banshees on both sides of the couches to let a host get a strategically asked question like yours above, in edgewise.

• Love 2

Carole did a really good interview which I will attach as it discusses the season but also the reunion at length.  It is long, but if you are a Carole fan I think it's a must read.  Even if you are not, there are some interesting nuggets in here.

• She gives info about how they all knew that Aviva was making up the Asthma deal - or at least making up how severe it was.  Her husband apparently contacted production and said he would deliver Aviva to Montana, but only with a guarantee that she would be asked back next year.  She said the production folks told them this when they were in Montana, and it was the first time info. like that had ever been shared. Apparently, the producers were pissed enough to not be discreet. 
  • She also goes into more detail about their contracts and the fact that they cannot sue each other, unless they want to violate their Bravo contracts.  
  • Most interestingly to me, she said that she has never had a conversation with Sonja - never. She is on the show with her, she thinks she is nice, but she has never talked just to her. 

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kateaurthur/carole-radziwill-interview-real-housewives-of-new-york

Interesting, but the first season Carole was on her and Sonja went to see a designer together.  No one else was there with her.  They had screen time and conversation so that part is total embellishment.

• Love 2

Interesting, but the first season Carole was on her and Sonja went to see a designer together.  No one else was there with her.  They had screen time and conversation so that part is total embellishment.

If you're referring to Naeem Khan, that was Carole and Luann.

Yes!  MCM for Reunion Host! The only thing is, I don't think Ramona can be made to feel badly about anything.  That's why I don't think anyone should make that their job because failure is a huge possibility.  The trick would be to try to make her think about what she's done and why it's bad. It's like dealing with my former classroom full of kindergartners.  But I was effective!  I (hopefully) didn't make any one feel bad but they knew their 5 year old brand of B.S. was going to shut down right quick.

The second problem would be to get all the howling banshees on both sides of the couches to let a host get a strategically asked question like yours above, in edgewise.

I think that Ramona does have the capacity to realize when she has gone too far and feel bad for it. But, it's on some really weird subjective Ramona scale. When she told Sonja what she heard about the Caburlesque show and Sonja was so upset, you could really see that Ramona was instantly sorry for actually hurting her feelings. The way she fell all over herself trying to apologize to Sonja seemed sincere to me. But, I think it's just because of the Ramona scale. She actually cares about Sonja and it shows. 

She did the same thing with Bethenny on the Brooklyn Bridge. After the horrible way she lit into B, she immediately backed down when she realized that Bethenny was truly upset and going through something with her father on top of the Jill stuff. She wasn't as immediately contrite with Bethenny as she was with Sonja, but she made up for it by showing it in her actions from that point on. So, I don't think it's a matter of Ramona's capacity to feel badly about hurting others. I think she is just really subjective about when she will show remorse.

As for the host and howling banshees, I think the reason the women screech over each other is because Andy is just AWFUL as a host. He asks poorly phrased questions and then he will let someone like Aviva go on and on, and even try to quiet her detractors telling them that he will let them talk when Aviva is done, only to let Aviva talk all over their rebuttal.

These reunions need someone who will really take their hosting duties seriously. Andy is too caught up in dishing the gossip and playing to his personal favorites to be a good host. If they could get someone like say Wanda Sykes or Kathy Griffin or even someone totally random like Steve Harvey or Joan Rivers to host, I think it would be a completely different story. How awesome would it be if they got someone like Katt Williams? Of course, they wouldn't be able to air it on BRAVO because of all the swearing.

• Love 3

Aw Troop, just goin' out the door with mine on -- and headed to the disco in my leisure suit -- exposed hairy chest (combed as Larry on Three's Company would do) and all.  Maybe I can ask Moaner if she'd come with & put her aerobics outfit on?

Hey ScoobieDoobs, don't forget to drop by the Regal Beagle for a nightcap -- hee.

• Love 1

If you're referring to Naeem Khan, that was Carole and Luann.

No -- I know who you mean, but it was not that designer.  

Carol met with Sonja.  I think they met with a designer friend of Sonja's.  It was just them.  

No, it was the guy Carol had met for drinks.

When Carole and Sonja were together, wasn't there some guy that came in the office that Sonja tried to set up Carole with?  I remember Carole having this uncomfortable awkwardness.  

I was trying to think of things we've seen the interns learn about fashion and merchandising, and they have actually learned a few things. There was destination appropriate underwear, restoration of vintage goods, costume design on a budget, and advertisement of goods and services through clothes...or lack thereof.

You forgot:  When to choose French cotton vs. Domestic cotton towelling for drunken trip 'n' fall lacerations. 

• Love 5

Good point. The other ladies are generally the impediment to getting anything asked, or any quality follow-up. I also agree that the best way would be to try and make Ramona think about what she had done, and maybe that was his objective when he asked her if she had learned anything. I wonder if Ramona actually has the ability for self-reflection or empathy?

The most interesting thing to me, assuming she comes back next year, will be to watch how the while deal with Mario plays out. Will she try to keep it off the show, or allow it to be part of her story?

• Love 1

When Carole and Sonja were together, wasn't there some guy that came in the office that Sonja tried to set up Carole with?  I remember Carole having this uncomfortable awkwardness.  

Yes. He is a designer. Carol had met him for drinks but never called him after that, which is why she was so awkward about seeing him again.

Edited by comatoast

Yes. He is a designer. Carol had met him for drinks but never called him after that, which is why she was so awkward about seeing him again.

Right!  So I'm not hallucinating right? I seem to recall Carole waiting outside of an office and Sonja being late.  I think Sonja had one some white button down shirt? Then the guy flirted with Carole and they went out for drinks.  I think he said he designed something for Rick Perry and then Carole was appalled and said something like, "You're a Republican?"  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 1

I don't think she meant they had never actually talked to each other, or filmed together (although I don't remember them doing it solo). I think she means an actual off-air conversation. They shoot scenes for hours, and there is a lot of standing around as lighting and such is perfected. I think that is what she is referring too.

• Love 2

Well, I have no idea what male fashion designer friend of Sonja's you are referring to.  I saw "fashion designer" and figured you meant Khangate.  I suppose it doesn't matter.  Of course they have filmed together, but I think what Carole means is that she's never had a meaningful conversation with Sonja.

• Love 2

Well, I have no idea what male fashion designer friend of Sonja's you are referring to.  I saw "fashion designer" and figured you meant Khangate.  I suppose it doesn't matter.  Of course they have filmed together, but I think what Carole means is that she's never had a meaningful conversation with Sonja.

Maybe that's what she meant -- no meaningful convo.

I don't understand why airing your dirty laundry is something to be proud about. It's pretty stupid if you ask me. Anytime you include other in your private marital issues, things are blown out of proportion.

Why does Luann get a pass for the things she has done to Ramona? It seems to me they have4 similarly trashed each other. I don't have a problem with them discussing Ramona's situation but, I don't have a problem with her refusing to discuss it. This is her real life and she should do what she feels is best for her family. The show does not come first. She doesn't owe any of us shit.

I agree with most of your post except the last part.  The show does come first because Bravo's paying Ramona a boat load of money to film the show.  It Ramona's JOB.  And she does owe us shit.  Ramona's not running this shit-show, Bravo is.  True, Mario's cheating was not revealed while the show was filming but funny, that did not stop Ramona from airing Lu Ann's dirty laundry (I.e. - her open marriage and husband's wandering eye).  Those things were also done off-camera but that didn't stop Ramona from squawking about it on national TV.  Now Ramona's all butt-hurt because others want to discuss Mario's infidelities, Mario's mistress?  GTFOH.  Uh-uh, no pass for Ramona in my opinion.  The bell cannot be un rung.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 11

Maybe that's what she meant -- no meaningful convo.

Does Sonja have meaningful conversations? In her first season, I thought she was capable of having a meaningful conversation, but now...

I feel like she THINKS she is acting a role, but she refuses to acknowledge that we already know what's behind the curtain. 

• Love 2

I remember reading on some site that one of the former interns posted and she did get credit in school for managing Sonja's social media--she does have a website and she does other things online.   

I'm sure the interns could have meaningful assignments but who is there to teach them?  The prior intern who learned it on their own?  Sonja is giving guidance?  That's the part that's lacking.

Does Sonja have meaningful conversations? In her first season, I thought she was capable of having a meaningful conversation, but now...

I feel like she THINKS she is acting a role, but she refuses to acknowledge that we already know what's behind the curtain. 

I thought at first it was just an act, but Season 5 she seemed more focused...focused on a stupid toaster oven but more focused where she could hold a conversation and seem fairly lucid.

When they flashed to Mario snipping at her before singing his supposed love song "Effortless" to Ramona, I wonder if now she cringes realizing he wasn't singing to Ramona.  

• Love 1
When Carole and Sonja were together, wasn't there some guy that came in the office that Sonja tried to set up Carole with?  I remember Carole having this uncomfortable awkwardness.

Yeah, that was the guy she had drinks with, right?  He was quite attractive & hot -- and yet kinda loser-ish.  He, for some reason, said "pussy" in their short conversation & she was puzzled & turned off.  Then Sonja supposedly sets up a meeting with Carole at this guy's office cuz he designs -- shirts, was it?  And Carole doesn't realize this is the guy she had the awkward drinks meeting with & she probably never called afterward.  

OK, so she & Sonja had some time together on the show.  So they worked together a bit -- for the show & maybe mostly for the camera only.  Doesn't mean they ever had much of a true conversation.  But then again, since Sonja lives in a world where unpaid volunteers are her employees & she owns a yacht, how is it possible to carry on a conversation with this woman?

Anyone know the hot loser pussy guy's name?  Just curious.  OK, I really just wanna look up his pic cuz I thought he was cute.

Well, I knew it was only a matter of time before the Daily News picked up the story-

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/ramona-singer-husband-photographed-mistress-article-1.1893953

Ugh, she really looks like the type who'd give him a blowie under the table & I'm sure the tabs will get the pics of it.  Hey, Moaner, you dared the tabs to get him, so they're gettin' him but good.  Nice goin', Moaner!

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

Sonja's as deep as a puddle.  Ramona tried to have a real conversation with her about getting an apartment and Sonja shut her down.  She doesn't want to discuss her problems with anyone and would rather just pretend that everything is fine. 

I'm sure the interns could have meaningful assignments but who is there to teach them?  The prior intern who learned it on their own?  Sonja is giving guidance?  That's the part that's lacking.

She has homeless girls in Mexico doing that.

• Love 1

Yeah, that was the guy she had drinks with, right?  He was quite attractive & hot -- and yet kinda loser-ish.  He, for some reason, said "pussy" in their short conversation & she was puzzled & turned off.  Then Sonja supposedly sets up a meeting with Carole at this guy's office cuz he designs -- shirts, was it?  And Carole doesn't realize this is the guy she had the awkward drinks meeting with & she probably never called afterward.  

OK, so she & Sonja had some time together on the show.  So they worked together a bit -- for the show & maybe mostly for the camera only.  Doesn't mean they ever had much of a true conversation.  But then again, since Sonja lives in a world where unpaid volunteers are her employees & she owns a yacht, how is it possible to carry on a conversation with this woman?

Anyone know the hot loser pussy guy's name?  Just curious.  OK, I really just wanna look up his pic cuz I thought he was cute.

Well, I knew it was only a matter of time before the Daily News picked up the story-

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/ramona-singer-husband-photographed-mistress-article-1.1893953

Ugh, she really looks like the type who'd give him a blowie under the table & I'm sure the tabs will get the pics of it.  Hey, Moaner, you dared the tabs to get him, so they're gettin' him but good.  Nice goin', Moaner!

YES, I think you are right about the episode with Sonja and Carole!  

And yes, I see what you mean.  She could've actually meant outside of the show, they never had a conversation.  That makes perfect sense.

I agree with most of your post except the last part.  The show does come first because Bravo's paying Ramona a boat load of money to film the show.  It Ramona's JOB.  And she does owe us shit.  Ramona's not running this shit-show, Bravo is.  True, Mario's cheating was not revealed while the show was filming but funny, that did not stop Ramona from airing Lu Ann's dirty laundry (I.e. - her open marriage and husband's wandering eye).  Those things were also done off-camera but that didn't stop Ramona from squawking about it on national TV.  Now Ramona's all butt-hurt because others want to discuss Mario's infidelities, Mario's mistress?  GTFOH.  Uh-uh, no pass for Ramona in my opinion.  The bell cannot be un rung.

Does your job come before your family? I'm not saying they can't or shouldn't fire her.  Just because she is on this show doesn't mean she shouldn't act in the best interest of her family as she sees it. I don't believe that just because she is on this show means she has no control over her intimate life.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 4

The other thing about Ramona is I think she is deluded to think that complaining about location, complaining about lack of services, her yelling at the production crew for water, makes her seem like  she's *really rich*.  In other words, I think it's an act she puts on so that she can *appear* to be a very wealthy person that is not used to being pampered because she is of course wealthy. Not excusing her ridiculous snobbery but I really think her reactions when it comes to wealth is contrived so people don't realize her very humble upbringing.  Nouveau riche.

And for someone who runs a business, she sure is dumb.

• Love 3

This may be a pic from that meeting.  I find it difficult to believe that Carole has never had a conversation with Sonja.  She tweeted about Sonja's divorce situation and called John Morgan a bum (ha!)  If that info was second hand and she tweeted it, does that make her a loyal friend who stands up to a man she doesn't know, to defend a woman she's never had a conversation with? Or does that make her stupid? No way, no how am I going to possibly aggravate a NYC titan of the universe to defend someone I've never even talked to.  Talk about shitting where you live.

http://www.bravotv.com/blogs/the-dish/carole-radziwill-calls-sonja-morgan-s-ex-a-bum

Like all the other Hos, I take everything they say or write about each other with a big grain of salt. 

Edited by ryebread

"And what's more you wouldn't last a day in the ghetto Drescher.  Just a few words out of your snobby mouth and they  would  take off that fancy leg of yours and beat your sorry, elitist, ignorant ass with it, Holla!"

I wonder what the people on the board who thought Aviva's RHOA reference racist think about this?  To me, this sounds every bit as much racist as what Aviva said.  And I do not believe Heather to be one, but I did a wow on that comment from her.

This may be a pic from that meeting.  I find it difficult to believe that Carole has never had a conversation with Sonja.  She tweeted about Sonja's divorce situation and called John Morgan a bum (ha!)  If that info was second hand and she tweeted it, does that make her a loyal friend to stand up to a man she doesn't know to defend a woman she's never had a conversation with? Or does that make her stupid? No way, no how am I going to possibly aggravate a NYC titan of the universe for someone I've never even talked to.  Talk about shitting where you live.

http://www.bravotv.com/blogs/the-dish/carole-radziwill-calls-sonja-morgan-s-ex-a-bum

Like all the other Hos, I take everything they say or write about each other with a big grain of salt. 

Ryebread that's the photo!  Thanks.  Now I know I didn't imagine this! 

• Love 3

You know there's this really evil part of me that would like to see Andy turn to Carol and ask "Now that you've been on the receiving end of someone determined to start drama with you, spin situations to make you look bad, try and tarnish your reputation, and refuse to back off do you have a deeper regret for the way you treated Luanne?"

Aviva is the worst ever (except for Maybe Tamara from IV) and she has been a complete bitch to Carole, but a small part of me wonders if Carole regrets the dress drama or the butt fucking talking head from last season now that she's been on the other side of someone having a crazy grudge.

• Love 1

Can  you imagine if Aviva was still fighting with Ramona at this reunion?  Ramona would have been running off the set in 1........2............3.   Aviva would've gone for in for the kill, smelling blood in the water like the cold eyed shark she is.  

As for any friends or relatives of Aviva telling her to stop or change her evil ways, Aviva has acquaintances, people who avoid her like the plague, maybe others who are as deranged as she is, but doubt she has real friends. She is cold and has no empathy.   I think all of her close relatives have learned to sleep with one eye open.  Why do I get the feeling that no one dares to bring a wire hanger into her home?

From the excerpts posted from her latest blog, I thought she was describing herself, not Carole.  Never loved anyone, narcissist.........just left out evil, souless, and crazier than an outhouse rat.

• Love 6

You know there's this really evil part of me that would like to see Andy turn to Carol and ask "Now that you've been on the receiving end of someone determined to start drama with you, spin situations to make you look bad, try and tarnish your reputation, and refuse to back off do you have a deeper regret for the way you treated Luanne?"

Aviva is the worst ever (except for Maybe Tamara from IV) and she has been a complete bitch to Carole, but a small part of me wonders if Carole regrets the dress drama or the butt fucking talking head from last season now that she's been on the other side of someone having a crazy grudge.

I think she does.  This from her Buzzfeed interview.  She talks about going to the producers to tell them that everything Aviva is saying is a lie:

I remember saying to the producers, “That’s not true.” And they looked at me, like, We don’t care about the truth. It was this stupid “Aha!” moment.

So, Carole, did they look at you, like, "We don't care about the truth..."  or were those words actually uttered. Because there IS a difference.  I think Carole isn't above trying to skew perception. 

Either way, if it was perceived or real, she knows the drill now and it's entirely up to her to come back for more or not. I think most Hos learn lessons in their first seasons or two. The ones who don't come back were either too boring, too nice or too normal.

This is why I think Aviva and Ramona WILL be back. They are none of the above.  Miss Andy knows what generates buzz.

• Love 1
Does your job come before your family? I'm not saying they can't or shouldn't fire her.  Just because she is on this show doesn't mean she shouldn't act in the best interest of her family as she sees it. I don't believe that just because she is on this show means she has no control over her intimate life.

I see your point & I agree with you.  BUT trying to control what you can put out about your life, when you're on a reality show -- and particularly one produced by Andy Cohen, is a losing battle.  Moaner's little outburst probably really annoyed the producers -- who go way beyond just Andy Cohen.  And they have very subtle (& extraordinarily evil) ways of getting back at her.  

I think Alex McCord gives a pretty good insider's view of what can happen behind the scenes, which most viewers have no knowledge of.  Sheesh, these producers are absolutely horrible unsympathetic fucks.  They want ratings at all costs & they don't give a shit whether they destroy the lives of cast members & their families & friends.  Are they exceptionally cruel?  You betcha.  But if you sign up for a reality show, dem's da rules.  Ramona knows this & has made a ton of dough up till now, so I'm not feelin' sorry for her or Avery.  Anyhoo, here's Alex's latest take, if anyone's interested-

Btw, your point about whether a job should come before family is an interesting one.  If Moaner really thinks the show is hurting her family, would she quit?  My guess is she'd never fuckin' quit this thing in a bazillion years.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4

Does your job come before your family? I'm not saying they can't or shouldn't fire her.  Just because she is on this show doesn't mean she shouldn't act in the best interest of her family as she sees it. I don't believe that just because she is on this show means she has no control over her intimate life.

Job shouldn't come before family but sometimes it does  - especially in families who land in the lower socio-economic rung of the proverbial ladder.  Ramona has choices.  She could dump this job in a minute and probably wouldn't suffer financially at all.  Ramona CHOSE to play in the sandbox and now she wants to take her toys and go home?  Nah.

And truth be told she has ZERO control over her intimate life (surprise!) because social media won't allow it.  Someone posted on these boards that ROL posted pics of Mario and the mistress that were snapped last week?  No amount of Ramona "trying to control her intimate life" is going to happen.  Ever.  She opened up every aspect of her life when she signed on to a reality show.  If Ramona is so worried about controlling her private/intimate life and sheltering/shielding her family from scrutiny then she needs to quit the show like Tammy Knickerbocker from the OC did.  Knickerbocker slipped into obscurity quite easily.  Ramona could do that as well if the questions Andy asks her are bothering her so damned much. 

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 3

I find it difficult to believe that Carole has never had a conversation with Sonja.  She tweeted about Sonja's divorce situation and called John Morgan a bum (ha!)  If that info was second hand and she tweeted it, does that make her a loyal friend who stands up to a man she doesn't know, to defend a woman she's never had a conversation with? Or does that make her stupid? No way, no how am I going to possibly aggravate a NYC titan of the universe to defend someone I've never even talked to.  Talk about shitting where you live.

http://www.bravotv.c...gan-s-ex-a-bum

I'm still trying to find the tweet. The link in the post doesn't go to it. The Post itself, is by someone who is writing about the episode for BRAVO, and not Carole or any of the other Housewives.

Did Carole actually tweet this or is it an embellishment for the sake of getting a lot of hits because of the blog post title?

My least favorite thing about Carole last year was the way she treated Lu. She addressed this in one of her early blogs, and said she was regretful. Clearly she has done whatever Lu felt was necessary to move on because they became friends.

• Love 5

I find it difficult to believe that Carole has never had a conversation with Sonja.  She tweeted about Sonja's divorce situation and called John Morgan a bum (ha!)  If that info was second hand and she tweeted it, does that make her a loyal friend who stands up to a man she doesn't know, to defend a woman she's never had a conversation with? Or does that make her stupid? No way, no how am I going to possibly aggravate a NYC titan of the universe to defend someone I've never even talked to.  Talk about shitting where you live.

http://www.bravotv.c...gan-s-ex-a-bum

I'm still trying to find the tweet. The link in the post doesn't go to it - but people delete tweets all the time (just ask Tamra of the OC). The Post itself, is by someone who is writing about the episode for BRAVO, and not Carole, or any of the other Housewives.

Did Carole actually tweet this, or is it an embellishment for the sake of getting a lot of hits because of the blog post title? Should I be searching the person who actually wrote the post, or should I continue looking through Carole's blogs? Any direction would be helpful, as I am not trying to be snarky. I just want to find all of the really juicy gossip.

Edited by MatildaMoody

Yeah, will NEVER like Carole. She was obnoxious to my gorgeous fave, LuAnn, and I suffer from "implacable resentment" (tm Jane Austen) toward her as a result.

Oh, I love me some Lu as well. She has always been my fav NY gal (before Heather came along). If Lu wouldn't have forgiven her, then I wouldn't have either. As it is, they became good friends, so if my Lu is happy, I am happy.

• Love 1

"And what's more you wouldn't last a day in the ghetto Drescher.  Just a few words out of your snobby mouth and they  would  take off that fancy leg of yours and beat your sorry, elitist, ignorant ass with it, Holla!"

I wonder what the people on the board who thought Aviva's RHOA reference racist think about this?  To me, this sounds every bit as much racist as what Aviva said.  And I do not believe Heather to be one, but I did a wow on that comment from her.

I was hoping there'd be a discussion but I don't think anyone is going to touch it with a ten foot pole. It's a hot button and from things I've read, here and elsewhere, it's a non-issue.  At least not until it's Heather's turn to be the villain and suddenly it's, "Remember what she said about how those bad ghetto people were going to rip off Aviva's leg and beat her to death with it?"

• Love 2

I don't believe that Carole has never had a conversation with Sonjia. I'd buy they've never had a really deep personal conversation, but that they've never talked just the two of them off camera? I don't see that being true. I take Carole and her blog with a grain of salt. I don't think she's as bad as Aviva or even Sonjia, but I do think she's pretty self involved and views things through the lens of affecting her. So no conversations with Sonjia that were important to her = no conversations.

• Love 4
Yeah, will NEVER like Carole. She was obnoxious to my gorgeous fave, LuAnn, and I suffer from "implacable resentment" (tm Jane Austen) toward her as a result.

Yeah, but they've come a long, long way since then.  They have developed a real friendship.  Carole does seems to honestly like her & enjoy her company.  I think she tweeted about staying with Lu in the Hamptons recently.  Actually, their friendship now seems not only real, but kinda sweet.

I agree too, that I didn't like how snotty she was to Lu last season.  Carole seems to have learned not to talk shit in her TH's or say stuff she hasn't said directly to anyone on camera.

So no conversations with Sonjia that were important to her = no conversations.

Somehow I can't imagine having a conversation about the Israeli Palestinian conflict with Sonja . . .

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

But if you sign up for a reality show, dem's da rules.  Ramona knows this & has made a ton of dough up till now, so I'm not feelin' sorry for her or Avery.

I will always feel sorry for Avery. She didn't sign up for this show, her parents did. All Avery could do was roll her eyes and tell her mother that she was doing too much. I know people have issues with Avery, but Avery is the only person in Avery's "Trifecta" who was willing to call out her parents. She doesn't appear to blame her parents for her life the way that the OC kids do. She just really seemed to want to be away from the whole "Reality Show" thing. She reminds me of Jill's daughter Alli. 

• Love 6

Deleted

Somehow I can't imagine having a conversation about the Israeli Palestinian conflict with Sonja . . .

Exactly. I probably wouldn't have a bunch of deep conversations with her either, but that's part of why I think it's weird for Carole to even bring it up. Like what's her point? What should Sonjia be talking to her about? They don't have much in common and it's not like they're good friends. The Real Housewifes are basically an experiment in what would happen if middle aged women rushed sororities. They're in a social networking group as a means to an end. Sure she's going to click with some of the women and not others. Isn't that sort of common sense? I guess it just feels like Carole is trying to imply something, but I don't know what. Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 1

Exactly. I probably wouldn't have a bunch of deep conversations with her either, but that's part of why I think it's weird for Carole to even bring it up. Like what's her point? What should Sonjia be talking to her about? They don't have much in common and it's not like they're good friends. The Real Housewifes are basically an experiment in what would happen if middle aged women rushed sororities. They're in a social networking group as a means to an end. Sure she's going to click with some of the women and not others. Isn't that sort of common sense? I guess it just feels like Carole is trying to imply something, but I don't know what.

What did Carole bring up?

ETA: I am not trying to start any arguments. I just don't know where this conversation is going.

Edited by MatildaMoody

What did Carole bring up?

I guess (someone else brought it up) that Carole tweeted that she's never had a conversation with Sonjia along with a bunch of other back stage stuff. I guess my reaction was along the lines of "ok and...?"

I wonder what the people on the board who thought Aviva's RHOA reference racist think about this? To me, this sounds every bit as much racist as what Aviva said. And I do not believe Heather to be one, but I did a wow on that comment from her.

I keep reading one part of Heather's blog that keeps getting posted, but not the beginning where she first mentions Ghetto. It goes like this:

"Now onto foul ignorance... Ghetto? Gangster? Really? Are you referring to race or a socio-economic situation? Nice, Aviva, you ignorant cow."

Despite my intense dislike of Aviva, I didn't come down on her for the ATL comment. There is no area I am more careful about criticizing a person that when it comes to labeling someone a racist. That is primarily because I think it is the most terrible thing a person can be, and it is a serious charge to level at someone. I don't throw it around lightly. I need to have some evidence and a pattern of behavior before I will go there. I have not seen this with Aviva. Neither her "white trash" comment or her comment about the Atlanta show told me anything about her potential racist leanings. At the same time, I have never seen anything in Heather that would lead me to believe she is a racist. I am not sure if she picked her words as carefully as she could have, but I hardly think it is serious, and unless I have missed it, I haven't read where any organizations are upset about what she wrote.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 4

Anyone catch the quick discussion of Aviva's nanny/housekeeper?  The left side seemed to be very suspicious of Aviva's claims she only has one nanny for her 4 kids & this nanny also doubles as her housekeeper.  Seems mighty suspicious to me.  My sister just went thru several agencies to get a nanny for her kids.  She was told in no uncertain terms, they don't do housework -- even lite dusting.  Does anyone else think Veevs is lying once again?

• Love 1

OK, I'm probably the only one thinkin' this, but I really liked Moaner's hair.  Her necks looks like an old lady's neck, but her face & hair looks great.  OK, Moaner, if you're gonna be trolling around for young guys with Sonja now, hide that neck, hun.  Luckily, scarf season is a comin' soon . . .

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

I guess (someone else brought it up) that Carole tweeted that she's never had a conversation with Sonjia along with a bunch of other back stage stuff. I guess my reaction was along the lines of "ok and...?"

No, it wasn't a tweet, it was an interview she did for Buzzfeed that I linked to earlier. She gave some insights into the show, and answered a question about Sonja. This is the relevant portion of the interview, beginning with the question:

What’s real is that Sonja seems delusional. That’s a real thing, right?

CR: Yes! That does seem like a real thing. And it definitely seemed like a real thing throughout the season. She’s a good person. She’s nice. But I’ve never had a conversation with her. Because I feel she’s not grounded in reality. You can’t talk to someone like that, because she might say something about what’s going on with the bespoke shirts in France, or the perfume deal with the Nigerian football team. You don’t even know what she’s going to say. In the reunion, she was talking about her yacht and her businesses. I don’t do well with someone like that. I know people love to hate Ramona, but she’s kind of really grounded in reality. So I can deal with that. When she’s rude, it’s real. It’s a tricky thing with the show, and you saw it with the reunion, because if you say, “Sonja is delusional,” you get labeled, like, a mean girl. It’s hard to keep saying, “You’re delusional.” When Josh said it, I thought he was right on, and funny. Like, Finally. She’s fucking bananas! And if you don’t want people to call you bananas, don’t act bananas.

Anyone catch the quick discussion of Aviva's nanny/housekeeper? The left side seemed to be very suspicious of Aviva's claims she only has one nanny for her 4 kids & this nanny also doubles as her housekeeper. Seems mighty suspicious to me. My sister just went thru several agencies to get a nanny for her kids. She was told in no uncertain terms, they don't do housework -- even lite dusting. Does anyone else think Veevs is lying once again?

Oh God yes. I may not care much for Carole, but I do think Aviva is a crazy liar. I'm sure she has multiple nannies and is rarely alone with her kids. Now I do think Aviva is the type of liar who says things that are technically true (like I'm sure she found some catty publishing reception girl willing to spin Carole's editor into a ghost writer, but I doubt it came from anyone really important) so maybe she only has 1 nanny in her house at a time, but employs a daytime nanny, another on weekends, one in the evening, and maybe a back up that helps with housework while the kids are in school and is there in case a kid is sick or has an odd day off from school or something. But one nanny total? No way.

• Love 4