Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E22: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

I keep reading one part of Heather's blog that keeps getting posted, but not the beginning where she first mentions Ghetto. It goes like this:

"Now onto foul ignorance... Ghetto? Gangster? Really? Are you referring to race or a socio-economic situation? Nice, Aviva, you ignorant cow."

Despite my intense dislike of Aviva, I didn't come down on her for the ATL comment. There is no area I am more careful about criticizing a person that when it comes to labeling someone a racist. That is primarily because I think it is the most terrible thing a person can be, and it is a serious charge to level at someone. I don't throw it around lightly. I need to have some evidence and a pattern of behavior before I will go there. I have not seen this with Aviva. Neither her "white trash" comment or her comment about the Atlanta show told me anything about her potential racist leanings. At the same time, I have never seen anything in Heather that would lead me to believe she is a racist. I am not sure if she picked her words as carefully as she could have, but I hardly think it is serious, and unless I have missed it, I haven't read where any organizations are upset about what she wrote.

I don't think Heather is a racist.  And I"m not saying that Aviva isn't.  I'm still confused how her prefacing her comments about whether Aviva was referring to race vs. socioeconomic status makes the quote that much better.  She's still perpetuating a stereotype that ghetto = violence.  Maybe she was referring to a white ghetto that says "Holla!"?  No matter how you slice it, she's saying that someone from a poor neighborhood would basically beat the shit out of Aviva.  Sounds like a gross stereotype to me.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 4

Anyone catch the quick discussion of Aviva's nanny/housekeeper?  The left side seemed to be very suspicious of Aviva's claims she only has one nanny for her 4 kids & this nanny also doubles as her housekeeper.  Seems mighty suspicious to me.  My sister just went thru several agencies to get a nanny for her kids.  She was told in no uncertain terms, they don't do housework -- even lite dusting.  Does anyone else think Veevs is lying once again?

Oh, I agree with this totally.  My best friend is a very high-end nanny in LA (she makes six figures).  She never does any "housework" but does some straightening up (i.e. - putting toys away, making meals for the children and putting their dirty dishes in the dishwasher).  She works for an agency and the "no housework" rule is very specific.  My friend doesn't even do the kids' laundry.  The housekeeper(s) do that.

• Love 1

I don't think Heather is a racist.  And I"m not saying that Aviva isn't.  I'm still confused how her prefacing her comments about whether Aviva was referring to race vs. socioeconomic status makes the quote that much better.  She's still perpetuating a stereotype that ghetto = violence.  Maybe she was referring to a white ghetto that says "Holla!"?  No matter how you slice it, she's saying that someone from a poor neighborhood would basically beat the shit out of Aviva.  Sounds like a gross stereotype to me.

I agree on all points.

Also disturbing to me was the "Holla!" at the end.  I know there are people that would pay to watch Aviva get beaten with her prosthetic but I'm not one of them. By adding "Holla!" to the end of an already ugly sentence which stirs ugly imagery, it makes me think Heather would probably rent a room at LeCirque and bring a flat screen to watch the video. 

I think Aviva is awful but there's a simmering beast inside that yummie tummie.  We shall see it in all it's red, fiery glory I'm fairly certain.

• Love 4

My best friend is a very high-end nanny in LA (she makes six figures). 

What the what?  I taught 25 - 30 children a day and didn't make six figures. Life ain't fair. Granted it wasn't all year but I'll bet your friend had some sweet perks - trips and things, right?  Wait.  I really don't want to know.... Although to be fair, I have about 60 coffee mugs and I'm still spending my Starbucks and Barnes & Noble gift cards that my kids gave me over 2 years ago when I retired.  So there's that....

• Love 13

What the what?  I taught 25 - 30 children a day and didn't make six figures. Life ain't fair. Granted it wasn't all year but I'll bet your friend had some sweet perks - trips and things, right?  Wait.  I really don't want to know.... Although to be fair, I have about 60 coffee mugs and I'm still spending my Starbucks and Barnes & Noble gift cards that my kids gave me over 2 years ago when I retired.  So there's that....

Yeah, we don't want to get on the subject of all the exotic trips, perks, flex schedules, paid time off, use of free car, phone, free housing.  You and I would both be crying in our cups and I know you have about 60 cups.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 7

Maybe Ramona promised Avery she wouldn't discuss it.

There is 1) the gracious way to not discuss it and there is 2) the Ramona way.

1) What she first did. Ok, the smile was bullshit but she was on the right track. When Andy asks further questions, that's where we get 

2) Ramona feels attacked (she really wasn't at that point) and her jerkself come back, ruining any credit and sympathy she got for taking the gracious road the first 30 seconds.

Refusing to aknowledge to the extant of refusing to thanks her co-workers for supporting her is BS, refusing to respond to what she has learn from it (it was a golden paved highway Andy offered her to take when he asked that, an opportunity to shut down beforehand things like "karma's a bitch"), and attacking AGAIN...  It's not choosing to not adress something, it's making herself look like a lunatic and/or a bitch.

Ramona twitted the world "thank you for the support during this difficult time, I won't discuss the matter anymore" or something like that. Why on earth did the feel the need to deviate from that during the reunion? I don't know. But still, it's her right. No problem with that.

Does your job come before your family? I'm not saying they can't or shouldn't fire her.  Just because she is on this show doesn't mean she shouldn't act in the best interest of her family as she sees it. I don't believe that just because she is on this show means she has no control over her intimate life.

I see your point in its different forms during your posts to that effect and I do agree with it. She doesn't have to adress anything outside filming if she doesn't want to. I guess that you are willing to get pass the way she did it and her rap sheet to stick with this point makes you a better woman (I assume) than I am because it's Ramona and I'm willing to sit on that basic right if that meant she get the well deserved verbal smackdown she has been asking for 6 seasons (and no movie).

• Love 1

Haven't read through all the pages yet, but have to jump in here to say I thought Luanns silver dress, earrings and shoes were fabulous!  Hollywood should pay attention :no need to cut the front down to the navel with cleavage hanging dangerously out for attention, she was beautiful,sexy and showed class.  Old style glamour!  Loved the look.

Since when do the new ladies get so much attention on these shows at the Reunion?  Kristin sitting next to Andy?  And so much about her?  Her loud laugh and comments throughout are irritating to me.  Girl needs to sit back some and let the other ones speak.  I zoomed through the part where she and Josh were at the therapist once again....  just too boring for words.  She seems like a wannabe who is acting a part for show time and I'm hoping this isn't what we have to look forward to in future shows with the hiring of soap stars on other franchises.

• Love 5
Ramona twitted the world "thank you for the support during this difficult time, I won't discuss the matter anymore" or something like that. Why on earth did the feel the need to deviate from that during the reunion? I don't know. But still, it's her right. No problem with that.

To me, it's like she was saying, "Fuck you, tabloids everywhere -- Mario is not a cheater", despite all the billions of stories the tabloids ran to the contrary.  Forget about thumbing her nose at Andy.  That seemed to have had zero effect on him.  She said to Lu the reports about Mario were "allegations", implying the tabs got the story of Mario being a cheater wrong.  Hmmm, instigating the tabloids is NEVER a good idea -- especially when you know full well they got the story almost completely correct.  Sheesh, Moaner is a clueless dumb dumb, despite her constant declarations about how smart she is.  Don't think so, Moaner.  

Given the timing of this pic of Mario & Kasey, they musta had this ready to release once Moaner opened up her big trap.  The pic is from August 2.  Think that was first time Mario has gotten together with her recently in public?  Kinda doubt it.  That pic speaks volumes.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4

OK, the ratings were a bit better this time, but they still stink.  The producers know they gotta make some significant cast changes.  Um, could this possibly be true???

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/08/bethenny-frankel-talks-return-rhony/

Sometimes Radar is wrong & sometimes they're not . . . should we be saying hello to Beths & maybe even Jillzy too?  Oh my goodness, I need a Xanax -- worlds are colliding for me now.

• Love 1

I guess (someone else brought it up) that Carole tweeted that she's never had a conversation with Sonjia along with a bunch of other back stage stuff. I guess my reaction was along the lines of "ok and...?"

If Carole never had a conversation with Sonja I would say Carole is pretty loose in floating the George Clooney dating/seeing/hit/ Carole for a year and half rumor.  I think maybe Carole is guilty of some forgetfulness.  

• Love 1

I agree with most of your post except the last part.  The show does come first because Bravo's paying Ramona a boat load of money to film the show.  It Ramona's JOB.  And she does owe us shit.  Ramona's not running this shit-show, Bravo is.  True, Mario's cheating was not revealed while the show was filming but funny, that did not stop Ramona from airing Lu Ann's dirty laundry (I.e. - her open marriage and husband's wandering eye).  Those things were also done off-camera but that didn't stop Ramona from squawking about it on national TV.  Now Ramona's all butt-hurt because others want to discuss Mario's infidelities, Mario's mistress?  GTFOH.  Uh-uh, no pass for Ramona in my opinion.  The bell cannot be un rung.

Here is the problem nobody wants to discuss Mario's infidelities-they want Ramona to discuss them and she does not want to. It is just as real a human emotion for someone to clam up when confronted with infidelity as it is to explode.  None of the HWs care if Ramona is hurt by the "alleged" infidelities they just want to make her hurt over them because five years ago when LuAnn decided her divorce could be a storyline, her "marriage of 16 years",  was over Ramona called BS on LuAnn.  In all fairness maybe they should run all the shitty comments Jill, LuAnn made about Ramona's marriage.  Or maybe they should stick to this season.  What happened between LuAnn and Ramona many years ago has no effect of Kristen, Carole, Aviva or Heather or Sonja for the most part.

For the rest of them, who for the most part openly admit they dislike Ramona to sit around and hold court about Ramona's marriage makes them little gossip queens and they do not want that reputation.  Ramona chose not to get to know Jonathan or Josh and neither wife did  anything to forward that cause.  IIRC Heather and Kristen showed up at a Mario/Sonja party and both decided to take Ramona to task on about not attending Heather's anniversary party.  Great way to break the ice.

The other thing Ramona won't talk about is her alcohol consumption.  Kristen. LuAnn, Aviva and Heather have all  made comments about it and some have confronted Ramona (while continuing to drink her wine) Ramona won't talk about it.  It doesn't prove their point it just means Ramona has no level of friendship or trust with any of these women.    I am sure if any of them are invited back next year they will go to her restaurant eat and drink her food and make comments about how bad Ramona is because that is just how they how roll.  Ramona owes them screen time she doesn't owe them her soul. 

• Love 4

Re Aviva:

She does what seems like important charity work, so she must be capable of kindness.

Some people are involved in charity work for their own gratification....look how wonderful I am. Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 7

So, I take it you skipped that BH Nannies show, ryebread?   ;-)

• Love 3

Anyone know the hot loser pussy guy's name?  Just curious.  OK, I really just wanna look up his pic cuz I thought he was cute.

Here you go, the pussy hottie:

http://peymanumay.com/about-peyman

Somehow I can't imagine having a conversation about the Israeli Palestinian conflict with Sonja . . .

I can imagine it. Her solution would be to light an abundance candle.

• Love 2

And by doing this she also sorta dared the media to to do what just happened -- get pics of Mario & the skank.  Oh, I bet there have been lots of opportunities for them to catch Mario & Casey together, but with Moaner acting the way she did, it motivated the tabs big time.  Ah, finally Moaner, your bullshit bit you right square in the ass.  Good.  Have no sympathy at all for her.

^^^This! Isn't this the most poetic justice?! Since Dum Dum behaved the way she did, it made the whole story front-page news--Well...at least crappy tabloid front-page news. Hee!

• Love 4
  We haven't seen Heather's place, but she lives in an ordinary building on the Upper West Side. 

This is the one I'm obsessed with today.  This was easily researched, and "ordinary" is putting it mildly.  I know this location well.  I also would bet good money that this apartment is (something that will have meaning only to fellow New Yorkers) a rent-stabilized apartment inherited from husband's parents.  Her house in the Berkshires, BTW, seems to be on the New York side of the border, not the Mass side.

FWIW, Ramona's apartment has nice views and seems well sized.  I still think it's hilarious that they always focus on that Park Avenue building she does not live in.

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 2

I agree with most of your post except the last part.  The show does come first because Bravo's paying Ramona a boat load of money to film the show.  It Ramona's JOB.  And she does owe us shit.  Ramona's not running this shit-show, Bravo is.  True, Mario's cheating was not revealed while the show was filming but funny, that did not stop Ramona from airing Lu Ann's dirty laundry (I.e. - her open marriage and husband's wandering eye).  Those things were also done off-camera but that didn't stop Ramona from squawking about it on national TV.  Now Ramona's all butt-hurt because others want to discuss Mario's infidelities, Mario's mistress?  GTFOH.  Uh-uh, no pass for Ramona in my opinion.  The bell cannot be un rung.

Absolutely...these women sign their souls to the devil when they sign their Bravo contracts, IMO...they have to know what kind of revelations may be revealed.

• Love 3

There is 1) the gracious way to not discuss it and there is 2) the Ramona way.

1) What she first did. Ok, the smile was bullshit but she was on the right track. When Andy asks further questions, that's where we get 

2) Ramona feels attacked (she really wasn't at that point) and her jerkself come back, ruining any credit and sympathy she got for taking the gracious road the first 30 seconds.

Refusing to aknowledge to the extant of refusing to thanks her co-workers for supporting her is BS, refusing to respond to what she has learn from it (it was a golden paved highway Andy offered her to take when he asked that, an opportunity to shut down beforehand things like "karma's a bitch"), and attacking AGAIN...  It's not choosing to not adress something, it's making herself look like a lunatic and/or a bitch.

I see your point in its different forms during your posts to that effect and I do agree with it. She doesn't have to adress anything outside filming if she doesn't want to. I guess that you are willing to get pass the way she did it and her rap sheet to stick with this point makes you a better woman (I assume) than I am because it's Ramona and I'm willing to sit on that basic right if that meant she get the well deserved verbal smackdown she has been asking for 6 seasons (and no movie).

I suppose I just don't see the malice in Ramona. I think she says what pops into her head before she has given it any thought. I have a friend who had an abusive controlling father. He blurts stuff out and doesn't understand until it is too late that what he has said isn't appropriate or that the "truth" might be better left unsaid. He knows he does it but is somewhat helpless at the moment. He then gets embarrassed and sometimes doubles down as a means of self protection. This is how I see Ramona.

• Love 1

Here is the problem nobody wants to discuss Mario's infidelities-they want Ramona to discuss them and she does not want to. It is just as real a human emotion for someone to clam up when confronted with infidelity as it is to explode.  None of the HWs care if Ramona is hurt by the "alleged" infidelities they just want to make her hurt over them because five years ago when LuAnn decided her divorce could be a storyline, her "marriage of 16 years",  was over Ramona called BS on LuAnn.  In all fairness maybe they should run all the shitty comments Jill, LuAnn made about Ramona's marriage.  Or maybe they should stick to this season.  What happened between LuAnn and Ramona many years ago has no effect of Kristen, Carole, Aviva or Heather or Sonja for the most part.

For the rest of them, who for the most part openly admit they dislike Ramona to sit around and hold court about Ramona's marriage makes them little gossip queens and they do not want that reputation.  Ramona chose not to get to know Jonathan or Josh and neither wife did  anything to forward that cause.  IIRC Heather and Kristen showed up at a Mario/Sonja party and both decided to take Ramona to task on about not attending Heather's anniversary party.  Great way to break the ice.

The other thing Ramona won't talk about is her alcohol consumption.  Kristen. LuAnn, Aviva and Heather have all  made comments about it and some have confronted Ramona (while continuing to drink her wine) Ramona won't talk about it.  It doesn't prove their point it just means Ramona has no level of friendship or trust with any of these women.    I am sure if any of them are invited back next year they will go to her restaurant eat and drink her food and make comments about how bad Ramona is because that is just how they how roll.  Ramona owes them screen time she doesn't owe them her soul. 

I didn't feel like any of the housewives, with the exception of Luann, wanted Ramona to hurt over Mario cheating.  I didn't see any of them, except Luann, make an issue out of it, insist that it be addressed or even give Ramona any shit for talking about it/not wanting to talk about it. 

Personally, I see where Luann is coming from in wanting to get a little just desserts out of Ramona over the whole 'Mario is cheating' part of the reunion, but I didn't see any of the other women reveling in it or doing anything that might be considered holding court on Mario's infidelities, in fact, I thought they were trying to help her out a little bit on deflecting and answering Andy.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 3

I suppose I just don't see the malice in Ramona. I think she says what pops into her head before she has given it any thought. I have a friend who had an abusive controlling father. He blurts stuff out and doesn't understand until it is too late that what he has said isn't appropriate or that the "truth" might be better left unsaid. He knows he does it but is somewhat helpless at the moment. He then gets embarrassed and sometimes doubles down as a means of self protection. This is how I see Ramona.

I don't see that with Ramona. When she apologizes, it's almost always a half-hearted, 'I'm sorry you were offended, but okay'. People explicitly tell her that what she says is hurtful, and she just shrugs and claims she didn't mean it that way. I do see malice in a lot of what she says and I do not believe she is helpless at all. She just doesn't give a shit.

• Love 14
Think George paid Cody to marry him?

Why not? StoopidHousewives.com had reported a while back that George allegedly used some, um, influence in getting Harry Dubin to marry Aviva. Word on the street was that the Teichners were embarrassed at Aviva's inability to seal the deal after at least one busted engagement and other serious relationships. (As much as I'd love to believe the rumor that George had to pay someone to take his daughter off his hands, Harry comes from a well-off family and didn't exactly need money. Maybe the trade-off was business connections.)

No malice? Not when she was hammering away at Lu for not singing? Telling her she was afraid because there was no auto-tune, or that she had heard that Heather was better than Lu? No malice at all? She didn't just throw this out as a thoughtless comment. We saw her mocking Lu's singing earlier when Mario was practicing at home, saying that she couldn't wait to watch Lu try to sing. Then she was just relentless to her, even when it was clear that Lu was getting upset. How about when she told a crying Kristen - to her face - that she was a terrible hostess? That she had done nothing for the trip and should be thanking Ramona for taking control? Again, not just a spur of the moment comment - she had been saying the same thing to others since they arrived.

I'm not sure what it could be called - Malice, bitchiness??  Being the most miserable person in almost every single room she walks in, to the point where she is never happy unless she is making someone else feel small? Whatever it is, it ain't pretty. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 19

There is something about these well placed gossip items that makes me wonder if the Singers aren't playing some of this up for maximum publicity coverage.  It feels like there was some sort of agreement that Ramona and Mario would feign reconciliation until the season was over. 

First there was the girlfriend making her way into Ramona's new restaurant causing a scene.  After lackluster Part 1 Reunion ratings, all of a sudden Mario and Kasey appear out in public, amazing the ratings go way up.  Ramona lack of candidness at the Reunion obviously had no effect on her relationship with Andy as he had her as a guest on WWHL after the finale. 

So if they start filming Season 7 and do so with either a Ramona who gets to lament the demise of her marriage for a season-only hers will be a 21 year marriage that we all saw how hard she fought to keep in tact.  Or a Ramona who moves on and is financially independent without her cheating husband and enters the dating world.

• Love 1

Aviva is quite dark, isn't she? I see her as someone who has evidently never gotten over many issues in her life and has only ill-will for many people, despite the calm and proper facade she puts on. Instead of x-rays and asthma specialists she should perhaps change therapists. 

I agree. In short, Aviva is not a well-wisher!

• Love 3

Oh, I love me some Lu as well. She has always been my fav NY gal (before Heather came along). If Lu wouldn't have forgiven her, then I wouldn't have either. As it is, they became good friends, so if my Lu is happy, I am happy.

This exactly.

Luann has always been my fav, I know she is not perfect but there was just something about her I liked.

I couldn't stand Carole because of how she treated Luann. But now I'm fine with Carole, as you said if my Lu is happy, I'm happy ;)

Heather, is right there for me too. I just really like the kind of woman she seems to be, she has such confidence. I like that.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3
No malice? Not when she was hammering away at Lu for not singing? Telling her she was afraid because there was no auto-tune, or that she had heard that Heather was better than Lu? No malice at all? She didn't just throw this out as a thoughtless comment. We saw her mocking Lu's singing earlier when Mario was practicing at home, saying that she couldn't wait to watch Lu try to sing. Then she was just relentless to her, even when it was clear that Lu was getting upset. How about when she told a crying Kristen - to her face - that she was a terrible hostess? That she had done nothing for the trip and should be thanking Ramona for taking control? Again, not just a spur of the moment comment - she had been saying the same thing to others since they arrived.

I'm not sure what it could be called - Malice, bitchiness??

A nasty wench? Ramona didn't just blurt out that "word on the street" was Kelly got her breasts 'fixed'... "because "one was like, over here, and one was like, over there". If you watch, she slithers over to her, wraps her arm around Kelly and asks. A drunken bitchy hag move? Yep.

Ramona also likes to throw out insults and threats all the time when the poor baby feels attacked. She can't face reality anymore than Sonja when it comes to certain things....like her "perfect life". So I don't agree Ramona just has a case of the "oooopsies" "I just say what I feel without thinking."

Edited by diorella78
  • Love 5

There is something about these well placed gossip items that makes me wonder if the Singers aren't playing some of this up for maximum publicity coverage.  It feels like there was some sort of agreement that Ramona and Mario would feign reconciliation until the season was over. 

First there was the girlfriend making her way into Ramona's new restaurant causing a scene.  After lackluster Part 1 Reunion ratings, all of a sudden Mario and Kasey appear out in public, amazing the ratings go way up.  Ramona lack of candidness at the Reunion obviously had no effect on her relationship with Andy as he had her as a guest on WWHL after the finale. 

So if they start filming Season 7 and do so with either a Ramona who gets to lament the demise of her marriage for a season-only hers will be a 21 year marriage that we all saw how hard she fought to keep in tact.  Or a Ramona who moves on and is financially independent without her cheating husband and enters the dating world.

To the best of my knowledge, the photo of Mario and Kasey wasn't revealed until after part 2 of the reunion already aired.  The date on In Touch is August 6th. 

It is possible that Ramona and Mario decided to put off the divorce until after the reunion but I kind of doubt it.  I think it's more likely that they decided to try for a reconciliation but it's not working out.

• Love 1

When someone announces to the world that your boobs are fucked up & crooked, that your husband has been cheating forever, that you're a terrible mom, your daughter is a troublemaker, that you're going to lose your man anyway, that your husband is gay and weird & yr kids are monsters, that your house is a garage in the boondocks, and your husband is vanilla & dull...and the apologies are always "gee, sorry your feelings were hurt since I'm just 'speaking the truth"?

This isn't "oops, loose lips sink ships."Ramona has no filter bc she never put one in place, bc she thinks she's above any filter. All her thoughts and opinions are gold & everyone needs to hear them. She's a delusional, MEAN, jealous, petty harpy.

And....NO ONE wants to see Ramona dating. Can you imagine? It was hard enough to watch Bethenny & Luann, & they're capable of normal conversation--& they were paint-drying-ly dull. Sonja & Kelly have been howlingly funny, but painful to watch.

Ramona? What a nightmare to the dating world. I can only imagine the look on the poor schlep's face when seated across a pinot-swilling, gal-about-town, painfully flirty Ramona. Ugh.

Let me repeat. UGH.

It's the only way she could make me cringe more. Keep her, Mario, & spare us all from this. You've done it for this long.

Edited by mmepeacock
  • Love 16

I didn't feel like any of the housewives, with the exception of Luann, wanted Ramona to hurt over Mario cheating.  I didn't see any of them, except Luann, make an issue out of it, insist that it be addressed or even give Ramona any shit for talking about it/not wanting to talk about it. 

Personally, I see where Luann is coming from in wanting to get a little just desserts out of Ramona over the whole 'Mario is cheating' part of the reunion, but I didn't see any of the other women reveling in it or doing anything that might be considered holding court on Mario's infidelities, in fact, I thought they were trying to help her out a little bit on deflecting and answering Andy.

Not only that (I agree with your post), but it was Andy who brought the subject up, not the other HW's, so why are they getting blamed? And Andy was right to do so - it's his job as host of the reunions, and his responsibilities as host is to the viewers. Whether or not HW's like Carole or Kristen were around in the early years when Ramona was criticizing the other women's husbands or marriages is irrelevant - the viewers were there and watched, so it's appropriate for Andy to ask.

• Love 3

A nasty wench? Ramona didn't just blurt out that "word on the street" was Kelly got her breasts 'fixed'... "because "one was like, over here, and one was like, over there". If you watch, she slithers over to her, wraps her arm around Kelly and asks. A drunken bitchy hag move? Yep.

Ramona also likes to throw out insults and threats all the time when the poor baby feels attacked. She can't face reality anymore than Sonja when it comes to certain things....like her "perfect life". So I don't agree Ramona just has a case of the "oooopsies" "I just say what I feel without thinking."

I'm not trying to excuse her (so hopefully we can avoid that debate) but I can really see the abusive childhood in the way Ramona talks to people. She has zero tact. Even when she's being nice she displays a very rough style of speech, poor listening skills, and a real self-centered lack of perspective. This is all stuff that she's described in her father. He was hostile, controlling, angry, always had to be right. So while I do think Ramona can have a mean streak a-plenty, I also think she's just talking the way she heard grown ups talk when she was a kid.

Of course if any of these ladies actually had decent conflict resultion skills Andy wouldn't let them within 20 feet of his show. One of the perquisites of being a good Real Housewife is the ability to keep a fight going for months or years over issues that might cause 5 minutes of drama in my life. Maybe, if I was hormonal and didn't sleep well the night before. Otherwise most of this shit would fall squarely into the "whatever" category of life.

• Love 5

Andy let Ramona SLIDE. EASY. He was the one asking all the questions, & he wanted some honesty (giggle). All he asked was how her situation was, had she learned anything, did she have any regrets. She's too delusionally up her own ass to even answer in a coherent, calm soundbite.

The other women were ridiculously kind given Ramona's attitude towards 1) bringing up their offscreen traumas and 2) needling them at their weaknesses or losses. NO one brought up Mario's past cheating, how long this has been going on, if it's over, the tabloid reports. Luann's "karma is a bitch" was Queen-Elizabeth-gracious compared to anything Ramona has said.

Can you imagine if the tables were turned?  Oh yeah, wait--they were. And Ramona was a hosebeast. A 50-something, no-filter, stop using-yr-childhood-as-an-excuse, glass-house-living, attack dog.

You do not get to say "I'm a nice person and good friend." & then let your mouth hurt everyone in sight because you don't FEEL LIKE developing some filter. She thinks she is too good for a filter--it's not a weakness, it's a choice. Look at her when she says something nasty. She is GLEEFUL. She's manically trying retain her illusion of perfect wife, perfect businesswoman, perfect mother, perfect socialite....so she can keep criticizing everyone else (Yes, Ramona, help Kristen with her marriage, why don't you.)

I'm not out to see Ramona (or anyone) hurt per se. But humiliated at the reunion, by her put-upon castmates the same way she's been doing it for six years? Sure. She dishes it out, let her take it.

There WERE rules in place about certain things being left unsaid, unaired. Ramona broke everyone one of them trying to get at her castmates. Now it's their turn. And they're actually being too nice about it (IMHO)

And she got off easy.

Edited by mmepeacock
  • Love 13
I'm not trying to excuse her (so hopefully we can avoid that debate) but I can really see the abusive childhood in the way Ramona talks to people. She has zero tact.

There's been some discussion (not here, but on TWoP) about whether Ramona's "social skills" are a sign of some kind of disorder, or Aspberger's. I'm not sure about that but will say that as abrasive as Ramona gets, there is a reason why I will take her over Aviva any day: Ramona is like a child - she's all in the moment. She's unfiltered, but she's not calculated. I've seen her on six reunions now and unlike other HWs, who prep with PR consultants before reunions (Jill Zarin), Ramona doesn't come with a plan - she just shows up and wings it. (She obviously didn't come with a planned response about the tabloids and her marriage, and she should have expected a question or two about that.)

And then you have Aviva, who clearly stews on things and will hone in on people in a very premeditated way. All you need to do is compare blogs between the two women.

I think Ramona walks into a social gathering with the idea of having fun, even if fun means razzing someone or blurting out inappropriate comments about the food, the host, the attire, etc. I don't think she comes loaded for bear with the notion of "I'm gonna take someone down" - that's Aviva's MO.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 3

Not only that (I agree with your post), but it was Andy who brought the subject up, not the other HW's, so why are they getting blamed? And Andy was right to do so - it's his job as host of the reunions, and his responsibilities as host is to the viewers. Whether or not HW's like Carole or Kristen were around in the early years when Ramona was criticizing the other women's husbands or marriages is irrelevant - the viewers were there and watched, so it's appropriate for Andy to ask.

Word to your entire post. I have no idea why any of the other ladies would be blamed in any way for this. With the exception of Lu, did anyone say anything except something supportive (Carole: all couples who have been married a long time go through a rough patch). 

Outside of Lu, the gal who could've been the nastiest was Heather. Sure, she stood up for her awesome husband by making it clear that Ramona was wrong in the things she said about him, but she could have said so much more. She could have gone there with regard to the absurdity of the comparison Ramona dared to make between Jonathan and Mario. She could have pointed out that her husband was at home with her and their kids, while Mario was out fucking some 35 year old between Ramona's nice sheets in the Hamptons. I think she could have gotten away with going there, and the audience would have applauded her. She could have used it as a way to illustrate how Ramona tends to like to build herself up by making other people feel small.  She did it with Lu and her marriage, and she did it with Mario and Jonathan.  

All of the girls were kind to Ramona in this regard, and are getting very little credit for it. 

• Love 10
Some people are involved in charity work for their own gratification....look how wonderful I am.

That probably is Aviva's motivation & yet what she did for the young woman who lost her leg in the Boston Marathon explosion was extremely kind.  There is such a huge disconnect between the woman who did that & the one we see here.  I have a lot of trouble with this.  I don't get it actually.  WTF??

Here you go, the pussy hottie:

http://peymanumay.com/about-peyman

Oh thanks!   My thought on him hasn't changed -- cute, hot & yet somewhat loser-ish.  I'd say Carole was right to move on quick.

This is possible.  The timing seems suspicious.  Something might be going on.  But I kinda like my theory that the press did a gotcha to Moaner right after she sorta dared them to catch Mario when the ep aired.

Come back Beths & Jillzy!  Save the show!

She obviously didn't come with a planned response about the tabloids and her marriage, and she should have expected a question or two about that.

I think she did. "My family is doing great. Thanks for asking. Next." I really think she thought she'd get away with this because a) she's Ramona; and b) the divorce drama happened off-camera and after filming ended.

• Love 1

I think she did. "My family is doing great. Thanks for asking. Next." I really think she thought she'd get away with this because a) she's Ramona; and b) the divorce drama happened off-camera and after filming ended.

Her careful expression while the clips of Mario dissing her were aired smacked of prep to me. But YMMV.

• Love 1

I have this image of a bunch of homeless teens rolling up to Sonja's house on The Hogwarts Express that I cannot get out of my head.

Ramona should have played it more like Camille Grammer and set up a sympathy arc for herself next season. In the words of Orange is the New Black, "that was an epic fuck up".

She could have said something like "I can't elaborate out of respect for Avery, but we're trying to rebuild our relationship". Instead it turned into another wine shaped plastic cup for holding liquids debacle where she cannot, will not make a concession no matter how crazy it makes her look. Mario is in the wrong, here, and none of the cast would attack her to side with someone who was sleeping with a twentysomething yoga teacher in their vacation home.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 2

My biggest take away from all those links about Mario is.....RAMONA IS 57 ?!?!?! I had no idea. She looks good in crazy.

Right?!?! Bitch looks good. I would never guess she's older that Carole. Ever. If you told me one of them was 57 and one just turned 50 I would have completely reversed it. Is she the oldest one in the cast or is Sonjia older?

• Love 3

There has been one discrepancy re: Ramona's stalling re: her marriage...

...that she has indeed addressed the issue before, on Bethenny's show, and much more lucidly. (i.e. the whole "going through a difficult time). And in the press (yes?). But she was totally out of her depth on the reunion show--she had no soundbite, and went into a tailspin of denial which was actually VERY detrimental to her--the tabloids got on that Mario-lunching-w/-sidepiece pic FAST.

Why?

1) She feels less secure around Bravo, Andy, the rest of the Housewives, etc.

and/or

2) She thinks her 6 years give her some sort of seniority--right next to Andy--& she shouldn't have to discuss anything she doesn't want to, around a bunch of heifers who don't like her.

I think it's the 2nd. Her attempt to "shudderdown" reveals she clearly thinks she has powers only second to God* (*God on this hellish soundstage being Andy Cohen).

It's also possible that a glimmer of self-awareness came through--that when the friction w/ Mario went public, she started reaizing exactly how many people--who she'd alienated w/ the whole "perfect marriage" scenario--were going to say the INEVITABLE "Karma's a bitch."

Now? Single Ramona on the loose. Shudder down indeed.

Edited by mmepeacock
  • Love 3