Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Late, Toothless And High

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Reminder - no spoilers.  Only post about what is shown in the episode and known up until the time that it was filmed. No recent social media.  

• Start Topic

While her friends and family enjoy their trip to Maine, Whitney agonizes over whether the French man will be allowed into the U.S.; after a painful medical emergency, Whitney makes a decision that has the others worried she's headed for heartache.

Whitney "agonizes" over whether a man she has never met in person and that shows absolutely no in interest in her whatsoever will be allowed into the U.S. during a pandemic. 

giphy.gif

Original air date 2021.10.26

• LOL 5
  • Love 10

In the preview, sobbing: "I love him."

Girl, I know you're desperate to get married, but that ain't it, kid.  You've never met this dude and all the convos we've been privy to don't display any sort of romantic interest on Le Blur's part.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

In the preview, sobbing: "I love him."

Girl, I know you're desperate to get married, but that ain't it, kid.  You've never met this dude and all the convos we've been privy to don't display any sort of romantic interest on Le Blur's part.

I guess I shouldn’t be shocked but watching her going on about loving a man she’s never met was bizarre…. Wtf is wrong with her?? 
That’s Whitney she’s always jumping the gun instead of taking things slowly and giving the other person a chance to express their wants, needs, future plans etc.

she’s freezing eggs and talking children before she even meets the guy! 🙄

RUN LeBLUR.. RUN!!!!! 🏃‍♂️💨

• LOL 4
  • Love 13

We all know La Blur is bullshit he was  never planning to be with her. She's a almost 40 year old child who I think is more into the idea of "being in love" than she actually has been. Last episode was wash, rinse and repeat. First he's coming, then he can't now he's coming no now he can't. Give me a fucking break. She's so mean to everyone especially to her brother who is taking the place of boo bear who couldn't come since he had a cough yeah right. Get a fucking life asshole! Maybe follow through on one of your many dreams that doesn't involve a man?? Grow up, be a complete person! (That might be too much to ask)

• Love 21
4 hours ago, mamadrama said:

This woman is either playing a horrible character in an effort to get more airtime or she's a truly terrible person who's also dealing with some kind of personality disorder.

I’m gonna go with both.

She’s ALWAYS been shitty to her barnacles, inappropriate and rude to her parents, the mentality of a 13 y/o when it comes to boys and to top it off, wallows in the emotional turmoil, ad infinitum , of her unmanageable PCOS disease that has completely ruined her ability to lose ANY weight, attract the sort of boys she wants, get married and have babies the old fashioned way, exercise for longer than a five minute stretch, etc.

Putting the spotlight on that shit was just typical TLC programming by “blessing” us with yet another carnival style freak show to hate-watch.

• Love 21
On 10/23/2021 at 12:38 PM, Colleenna said:

Whitney gets a tooth pulled??? Omg, alert the media. 

This is the kind of stuff that makes me roll my eyes in exasperation - getting a wisdom tooth pulled isn't fun, but it's not the end of the universe. I had two pulled on the same day and my life went on. But then, I am an adult woman and not an oversized toddler.

And this idiocy of being in love with a man that she has never met physically is just beyond absurd. At least Chase appeared to have a few redeeming qualities, not the least of which being that he was gainfully employed, co-owned a successful (pre-pandemic) bar and owned his own home. As we know of LeBlur is that he's (allegedly) French. 

• Love 13
14 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I've mostly been able to watch this for the snark. It's been fun and I've never taken it real seriously. This season is legit pissing me off, though. I don't care if she's acting or not, I'm disturbed by her behavior.

This. This is my main problem with this season. We are an order of magnitude beyond previous seasons when it comes to the crazy. Whitney's statements and actions are so outrageous even Barnacle Nation is giving the side-eye.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
17 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I've mostly been able to watch this for the snark. It's been fun and I've never taken it real seriously. This season is legit pissing me off, though. I don't care if she's acting or not, I'm disturbed by her behavior. From the way she's treated Heather and Ashley over the surrogacy and job issues to the selfishness and ignorance displayed in regards to the pandemic, I'm appalled. 

This woman is either playing a horrible character in an effort to get more airtime or she's a truly terrible person who's also dealing with some kind of personality disorder. Either way, in the word of Ryan's friend, yikes. 

She is crazy an insane and maybe evil.But dwell no more on that.be satisfied that she will crash and burn and there will be no more show.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

This is the kind of stuff that makes me roll my eyes in exasperation - getting a wisdom tooth pulled isn't fun, but it's not the end of the universe. I had two pulled on the same day and my life went on. But then, I am an adult woman and not an oversized toddler.

And this idiocy of being in love with a man that she has never met physically is just beyond absurd. At least Chase appeared to have a few redeeming qualities, not the least of which being that he was gainfully employed, co-owned a successful (pre-pandemic) bar and owned his own home. As we know of LeBlur is that he's (allegedly) French. 

I totally get the notion of crushing on someone you've never met.  When I was barely out of my teens,  I had a major crush on the Pirates' Richie Hebner. I don't think I ever claimed to  "love" him, though.... If I ever had, my friends would have said "don't be an idiot."

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

I can't believe this is going to sound defensive of her, but I gotta say something about her dental issue in this episode...

As someone with a long history of oral health issues (7 oral surgeries this far and at 41 I'm also gearing up to have the rest of my remaining teeth pulled in 2 weeks)...I've had to do this while on vacation. In fact, my insurance company told me to do it. If she were home then it would make sense to go to the dentist, who could then refer her to an oral surgeon if needed. If you're in another state, though, it can be difficult to find an emergency dentist. Dental care is weird. Oral surgeons need referrals. Most of them won't let you just call them up and be like, "Hey, I'm here from out of state and think I broke my tooth, can I come in?" There's an actual process involved, and the ER can actually set up that referral for you. Some research hospitals have their own.

I'm no fan of Whitney and her histrionics, but if she had an abscess then the local ER could've at least given her antibiotics and pain medicine until she got back to Greensboro. I love to snark on her as much as anyone, but abscessed teeth or dental infections are not something you want to fuck around with. They can get very bad very quickly. They can even lead to sepsis. 

Do I think Whitney is going to play this up? Yep. Do I think she loves the drama of this? Yep. Do I think she did the right thing by going to the ER? Yes. Am I still going to make fun of her in this episode? Absolutely. 

• Love 17

I know what you mean about the dental care-I had all 4 of my widom teeth removed at the same time. Many visits to dentists, oral surgeons. all kinds of procedures done-sadly none it really worked and I have been toothless since age 45. (Bad teeth runs in my family-we all had dentures eventually) But I agree with MamaDrama that an infection or abcess can really hurt and be dangerous-it can even affect the heart, which Twit doesn't need especially due to her size. But she'll play it up for the drama anyway-maybe LeBlur will pity her and make a pretend appearance:)

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

I had all four done at once when I was young and I will bet made less of a deal of it than she will. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

I had all four done at once when I was young and I will bet made less of a deal of it than she will. 

I might have sympathy for her depending on her situation.  I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed at once when I was about 35 and regretted it.  One of the teeth shattered in my lower jaw while they were removing it and they had to spend so much time making sure that every last piece was removed that the anesthesia was wearing off and I woke up moaning in pain.  My mother was in the waiting room hearing this and I could hear her saying, "What are they doing to my baby?"  So they gave me more gas.  Because of all they had to do they came a little close to the nerve in my jaw (which is always a risk) and I was numb there for months and didn't know if I'd ever get back sensation.  Fortunately it didn't affect my mouth muscles so I didn't have a droopy face. 

In addition to all that I had a bad reaction to the gas (probably because they had to give me so much) and was sick for days.  Then I had a migraine intensity headache that lasted for over a MONTH and the only thing I could take for it was Tylenol 3 with codeine because I got really sick to my stomach taking Percocet and I'm allergic to aspirin and ibuprofen.  And the only thing that did was take the slightest edge off of my pain, which was still distractingly bad.  So I was a MESS for quite a while and it didn't help that I was working for a new boss who was very unsympathetic to what I was going through (thankfully she only lasted in the job a few months before leaving).  Anyway, I did finally get sensation back after several months very gradually and that side of my jaw still feels a little funny over 25 years later.  I read that I probably have permanent nerve damage in that jaw nerve and my brain is "filling in the gaps" hence the funny "ghostly" feeling.  I had to have a filling in that lower jaw on that side about 10 years ago and experienced a "take 2" with numbness lasting for months but it eventually went back to the way it was after a month or so.

But yeah, I really doubt that she'll have anything CLOSE to this happen and it will probably make me angry to see her acting like a big baby for relatively nothing.

• Love 5

That's the problem with Whitney-going to the ER if you're suffering from sudden pain and an infection that probably can't wait until you get home is reasonable. But Whitney, as a very unreasonable person, takes it to another level so it's hard to have sympathy for her. 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I might have sympathy for her depending on her situation.  I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed at once when I was about 35 and regretted it.  One of the teeth shattered in my lower jaw while they were removing it and they had to spend so much time making sure that every last piece was removed that the anesthesia was wearing off and I woke up moaning in pain.  My mother was in the waiting room hearing this and I could hear her saying, "What are they doing to my baby?"  So they gave me more gas.  Because of all they had to do they came a little close to the nerve in my jaw (which is always a risk) and I was numb there for months and didn't know if I'd ever get back sensation.  Fortunately it didn't affect my mouth muscles so I didn't have a droopy face. 

In addition to all that I had a bad reaction to the gas (probably because they had to give me so much) and was sick for days.  Then I had a migraine intensity headache that lasted for over a MONTH and the only thing I could take for it was Tylenol 3 with codeine because I got really sick to my stomach taking Percocet and I'm allergic to aspirin and ibuprofen.  And the only thing that did was take the slightest edge off of my pain, which was still distractingly bad.  So I was a MESS for quite a while and it didn't help that I was working for a new boss who was very unsympathetic to what I was going through (thankfully she only lasted in the job a few months before leaving).  Anyway, I did finally get sensation back after several months very gradually and that side of my jaw still feels a little funny over 25 years later.  I read that I probably have permanent nerve damage in that jaw nerve and my brain is "filling in the gaps" hence the funny "ghostly" feeling.  I had to have a filling in that lower jaw on that side about 10 years ago and experienced a "take 2" with numbness lasting for months but it eventually went back to the way it was after a month or so.

But yeah, I really doubt that she'll have anything CLOSE to this happen and it will probably make me angry to see her acting like a big baby for relatively nothing.

I still have my wisdom teeth., because when I was younger and got braces the orthodontist took out four teeth but took the tooth before the wisdom. My current dentist asked if I want to remove them, then I would have to referred to a oral surgeon. I am keeping those suckers in there.

• Love 3

I pretty much have no dental problems, so sorry if this sounds ignorant- is it really possible to just wake up with an abscess so serious that you need ER care? As a TV/social media 'personality' who spends a lot of time taking pictures of herself, she MUST see a dentist regularly, no?

• Love 2

Just watched the episode. OMG the constant caterwauling on the boat along with the inane conversation was annoying, to say the least. Yeah, she declares that she is "in love" with the blur. And, once again, she takes the opportunity to dis her mother by announcing that Babs couldn't shuck oysters very well due to "stroke hand". Her team was working with a handicap,  "It's not fair" wah, wah, wah. And, of course she couldn't resist the sexual innuendo. All the lame jokes with words ending in uck and ucking.

And then there was the fakery and filler surrounding her dental problem. Are we to believe that she took the rental car and disappeared to a dentist in Ellsworth without telling the rest of her family when there had been an activity scheduled?

And again with the extended lower lip to signal her sadness, and Heather cradling her head to her breast to comfort her like a 3 year old. Every time someone says that she is a trained actress I am reminded how limited her range is. OTOH Jason Sudekis showed a believable range of emotions on Ted Lasso and I found myself appreciating good acting.

This is not a comment on her size, but when they showed a recap of last week's episode with a shot of the group clustering around her on Cadillac Mtn. (probably the time Ashley was wiping away Twit's tears) I was reminded of a scene from Gorillas in the Mist.

Edited by Me from ME
speeeling
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, sempervivum said:

I pretty much have no dental problems, so sorry if this sounds ignorant- is it really possible to just wake up with an abscess so serious that you need ER care? As a TV/social media 'personality' who spends a lot of time taking pictures of herself, she MUST see a dentist regularly, no?

Yes, it's still possible. It's also possible that she does NOT get regular dental care. Don't underestimate people's fear of the dentist. In the episode she says she was at the dentist 6 months ago. It's possible to develop an infection within that timeframe. 

Sooooo many WTF moments in this episode.

Whitney freaking out on the sailboat and blubbering to Le Blur on the phone.

"The Friends" saying that Le Blur  looks like the Prince when he turns back into a human in Beauty and the Beast.

The Friends making fun of Heather when Heather says she prefers said character as the beast. (I agree. Human Beast is disappointing.)

Whitney blubbering about how she "loves" Le Blur. 

Heather suggesting that Whitney go to France ASAP.

They are such great friends that Tal has never even seen a picture of Blur? These people do not associate with each other outside of filming. 

Whitney's continued shitty attitude towards Hunter.

Whitney acting like the world is ending because HE can't come THERE right at that moment. 

Best parts:

Ashley being absolutely correct in saying that Whitney would move to France in a heartbeat. (Making the whole "I won't move to Wilmington" even clearer of a farce.) 

Babs saying that if he can move on from her that quickly then it wasn't a good match to start with.

Babs saying that Whitney should've known it was going to be difficult to date a guy in another country. 

The relationship between Babs and Glen. I absolutely believe that their parenting helped shape this wildebeest, but I can still appreciate their love for each other.

So they went sailing in the morning. Whitney did not join them for lunch afterwards. I wonder what the friends did for the rest of the day? Same with the day they got there. They act like they haven't seen each other since the last group activity. My guess is that when they're not filming they don't do anything together. 

My deepest apologies to the good people of Bar Harbor for hosting this woman. As a part time St. Simon's resident, I get it. 

• Love 12

Lol at Glen saying how Whitney always seems to have a medical emergency on vacations. Between that and the constant crying, I'm sure she's so much fun to travel with 🙄

I'm sick of her friends acting like the french man not coming to Maine was a huge tragedy. When Tal was saying how he felt bad for having fun on the vacation with what Whitney's going through...umm nobody died. It's really not that big of a deal. Move on with life and have fun while on vacation (or at the very least don't make everyone feel guilty for not being as miserable as you).

• Love 21

I always like glimpses of the sound and camera person, no matter what the show is.

”I love him!” she said about the no-show. Hahahahahaha! She needs a big puffy sweatshirt that reads,       ”B-b-b-but I WUV him!”

Get embroidering, snarksters!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

So the moment after this mess of a person is blubbering on her friend's busom the scene cuts to a commercial for an anti-depressant. 

Why does the French man voice sound a little different to me this episode, hmmm?   What the hell is this anyway, she can't expect viewers to suspend all thoughts of semi-reality enough to think this gal living near mommy & daddy in Greensboro NC is in a real relationship with someone who lives in France. C'mon man.  

Oh I love how she professes her undying love & weeping for this dude to the camera.  And another camera behind that camera films it. 😳

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Actually, I think Whitney handled the dental situation well, much better than I would. She was laughing about it. I'd be crying. I have a massive fear of abscess pain. On the other hand...

could not with her poor-me sobfest over the French man. Hundreds of thousands - maybe millions - of people's lives were ruined during the pandemic - losing loved ones, financially ruined... It would be one thing if she had said something self-aware like "I know millions of people are going through things a million times worse but I just need to whine a bit" but she didn't.

10 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Yes, it can happen. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, sempervivum said:

I would say (without sharing personal stories) no; for a cavity to go so deep into the tooth and be so advanced as to reach and affect the root/pulp/nerve, it would have to be ignored and neglected for a very long time.  She's lying either about having recently seen her dentist OR the whole thing.  After all, this is Whitney... 

Also, ERs will definitely give you antibiotics and pain meds for an abscess rather than let it rage and go systemic -- especially if you are away from home -- and, in fact, I know at least one dentist who won't touch an abscessed tooth UNTIL the infection is treated and under control.  Like so much of this show, it's nonsensical!

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
On 10/25/2021 at 4:35 PM, mamadrama said:

I can't believe this is going to sound defensive of her, but I gotta say something about her dental issue in this episode...

As someone with a long history of oral health issues (7 oral surgeries this far and at 41 I'm also gearing up to have the rest of my remaining teeth pulled in 2 weeks)...I've had to do this while on vacation. In fact, my insurance company told me to do it. If she were home then it would make sense to go to the dentist, who could then refer her to an oral surgeon if needed. If you're in another state, though, it can be difficult to find an emergency dentist. Dental care is weird. Oral surgeons need referrals. Most of them won't let you just call them up and be like, "Hey, I'm here from out of state and think I broke my tooth, can I come in?" There's an actual process involved, and the ER can actually set up that referral for you. Some research hospitals have their own.

I'm no fan of Whitney and her histrionics, but if she had an abscess then the local ER could've at least given her antibiotics and pain medicine until she got back to Greensboro. I love to snark on her as much as anyone, but abscessed teeth or dental infections are not something you want to fuck around with. They can get very bad very quickly. They can even lead to sepsis. 

Do I think Whitney is going to play this up? Yep. Do I think she loves the drama of this? Yep. Do I think she did the right thing by going to the ER? Yes. Am I still going to make fun of her in this episode? Absolutely. 

Girl, don't ever compare yourself to Whitless, ok?

There is no comparison between you two.

Edited by goofygirl
  • Love 3

So they went sailing in the morning. Whitney did not join them for lunch afterwards. I wonder what the friends did for the rest of the day? Same with the day they got there. They act like they haven't seen each other since the last group activity. My guess is that when they're not filming they don't do anything together. 

I'd bet that it takes hours and hours to shoot. I'm guessing that there isn't a lot of non-shooting time on these trips and when they do have it, they probably all retreat to their separate corners. 

I would say (without sharing personal stories) no; for a cavity to go so deep into the tooth and be so advanced as to reach and affect the root/pulp/nerve, it would have to be ignored and neglected for a very long time.  She's lying either about having recently seen her dentist OR the whole thing.  After all, this is Whitney... 

Also, ERs will definitely give you antibiotics and pain meds for an abscess rather than let it rage and go systemic -- especially if you are away from home -- and, in fact, I know at least one dentist who won't touch an abscessed tooth UNTIL the infection is treated and under control.  Like so much of this show, it's nonsensical!

She said she sees her dentist every six months. I think it's possible she had a smaller cavity that maybe they were watching or just hadn't identified yet. If the tooth cracked or something got stuck down in there, the abscess could have developed pretty quickly. I've had one abscess and it hurt. Crying (and anything else that caused nasal congestion) made it worse, as did the pressure changes from flying. So I believe she was in a lot of pain. 

I am confused by the decision to pull the tooth. My dad was a dentist and pulling a tooth was always the last choice. Those back molars are the workhorses. You use then the most to grind food to chew. Pulling that back one out won't have much impact cosmetically; it's not really visible when she smiles, but it could cause all of her lower teeth to shift and not align well. That can create issues with your bite. 

When I had my abscessed tooth, they numbed me up A LOT. They then drilled through the crown that was already on the tooth and did the root canal, which is removing the root and filling in the void space where the root had been. They drain all the infection, which in my case took quite some time. Then they patched the crown. In Whitney's case, maybe they decided she didn't have enough of the actual tooth left to put in a filling or a crown. Now having the tooth removed entirely, her only choice really would be to get an implant, but she is going to have to wait until the oral surgeon is confident the infection is completely resolved. And she can get that done at home. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

What happened to the Todd I’ve known and loved?  He and Hunter appeared to have been neutered.  It’s almost as if no one is allowed to disagree with Whitney.  Heather and Tal’s lips are so far up her wide ass, that they are going to need surgery to have them removed.   

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

I'm half way through my recording, or wherever the tooth stuff is announced as coming up next, and while so far there's ample in this episode to make me snark-pontificate about, I think I will keep it much shorter than as is usual for me, so here goes...

Seriously, this show needs a laugh track, and the track started for a second or so and then abruptly stopped during the lame bits this group hasn't given up since junior high.  That ever so slight format change would guarantee an off-the-charts rating success next season.  Whitney dearest, forget about that dumb, awful app and think big, woman, Schitz Creek big I tell you!  

Edited by CainF
  • Love 4

She loves him!  But she's just soooo busy that she can't possibly go to France!  Wait a minute - she needs to "go to him" now!  And these peeps who have been acting like her moving to Charlotte ruined their lives are just fine with it 😄

The language that gets on my nerves is this:  he's trying so hard to "get to you"; you need to "go to him" as soon as possible.  If they could just get to each other, the romance of the century would blossom! Meanwhile for all we know he's filming his talks to Whitney while sitting on his toilet 😄

• LOL 7
  • Love 9

Fell asleep on it at about 3/4 way through...woke up to unknown people jumping off a dock into cold water... probably was more interesting than the Twit...I will enjoy treading the snark here...

• Love 3

Good Lord. The levels of bullshit, blubbering and the ass kissing by the barnacles was beyond absurd. I never need to hear the word Frenchman again. And Witless going on about her dad telling Babs to suck the oyster during the oyster shucking was not nearly as funny as she thought. Shame on me for not deleting this show from my PVR before my mind becomes permanently warped.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, princelina said:

The language that gets on my nerves is this:  he's trying so hard to "get to you"; you need to "go to him" as soon as possible.  If they could just get to each other, the romance of the century would blossom! Meanwhile for all we know he's filming his talks to Whitney while sitting on his toilet 😄

Haha! I actually saw a show last night where it showed an "influencer" using a toilet seat as a prop to look like an airplane window 😆

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

If she has been studying French all this time, especially conversational French, you would think that she would know how to pronounce "sans" by now!

You can't convince me she wouldn't take the opportunity to use her newly acquired french accent because, well she has bragged about being able to ski a double black diamond slope, is a very strong swimmer, and can execute an arabesque.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Me from ME said:

If she has been studying French all this time, especially conversational French, you would think that she would know how to pronounce "sans" by now!

You can't convince me she wouldn't take the opportunity to use her newly acquired french accent because, well she has bragged about being able to ski a double black diamond slope, is a very strong swimmer, and can execute an arabesque.

And the fact that she was like a Gazelle in the 8K in Hawaii.  She’s a real rock climber, too.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

So is half of next week's episode going to be Whitney standing next to a giant pixelated person?  Love how she went from "I don't see how I can go" to suddenly blurting out at their group dinner "I'm GOING!"  Didn't feel fake at all, show. /sarcasm

I also hope her dentist saw last night and how she basically blamed them for not seeing a cavity six months ago for the "worst  pain" of her life that would entail her "not being able to eat solids for 24-48 hours" only to them show her shoveling food into her pie hole at the lobster dinner. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Me from ME said:

The woman barely has a grasp of the English language, so I'm sure that French is going to be a stretch.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Well this was boring. I was hoping the sailboat would tip over-that would have at least been funny. Twit with her lip sticking out and broken-heart pouting about LeBlur isn't coming -BORING! And of course deciding she has to go to him-pushing all the business plans aside-not listening to the voices of reason-she really is a child chasing an impossible dream. Sigh. I must say though, Bar Harbor is really pretty-reminds me of some of the beauty of my own state. Just don't send Twit here-she can be sad somewhere else.

• Love 7