Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Late, Toothless And High

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Reminder - no spoilers.  Only post about what is shown in the episode and known up until the time that it was filmed. No recent social media.  

• Start Topic

I just come for the snark and didn't see the episode but did they show footage of Le Blur claiming to be in the American Embassy? If so, we know this is crap. First, as someone else pointed out, it's unlikely they would just let a non-American citizen off the street wander into the embassy but also, there is no chance they would allow TLC to film a crappy reality show film inside an American embassy. 

• Love 5
On 10/28/2021 at 7:20 AM, KatieBear said:

I speculate that the next episode is the last one and I think the final scene will be Whitney flying on the plane to France. There will be no FM meet and greet this season; it will be left as a cliffhanger for (gag) the next season.

Something tells me she did not go to France alone, she probably made one of her friends go and talked about how wonderful it will be to smell Le Blur for the entire 8 hour flight. 

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't buy this whole story but in his defense, I've known people who stay at a hotel near the airport in their home city when they have to catch an early flight or if they are uncertain about departure (flying standby, etc.) so they are close by when they get the notice that they can travel. If you're really concerned that you could miss a last minute flight, you might want to be right by the airport.

They might as well be liquid - it's not like you're supposed to chew them. I'm not a picky eater but I think they are revolting!

The raw oysters, you just shuck, suck, and swallow (not chew), but did she also partake of the lobster dinner?  I was only half-watching by that point...

• LOL 1
13 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Why would a French citizen go to the American Embassy, that embassy is there for American citizens abroad, I doubt they would have even let him in the building.

No, a French citizen would go there, because who else could grant permission.
Nonimmigrant Visas - U.S. Embassy & Consulates in France (usembassy.gov)

https://fr.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 4
On 10/27/2021 at 1:01 AM, monagatuna said:

Suddenly popping off to France to go get her mayunn, so I guess those forty videos she has to shoot and all that studying she has to do for her exam will just have to wait, won't it?

And those videos are the whole reason she couldn't go to France in the first place, and he had to come here!!

On 10/27/2021 at 4:58 PM, Snarkastikate said:

I think her good old friends say what they're told to say, hey the extra $$ comes in handy. Especially for Buddy.  Now & then one of them is told to sass her a little to add some tiny bit of something plausible. 

OK, so for real, I wonder how this is implemented.  Do they get a weekly script outline and individualized suggestions about what they should kiss as on and what they could snark on?  Or do they get pulled aside individually in the moment by a producer and told that this is a good time to snark or kiss ass?  Or are there just some sort of occasional comments shouted out to all, like, "More ass-kissing, people!"  or "Snark, people, this just screams snark!" 

On 10/27/2021 at 6:39 PM, all4mom2 said:

I didn't say the abscess wasn't painful; I said the procedure/extraction shouldn't have been.  As she said herself, she was numb up to her eyelid.

She actually said that the procedure/extraction wasn't painful, but that she kept waiting for it to be.

On 10/25/2021 at 1:38 PM, KatieBear said:

This. This is my main problem with this season. We are an order of magnitude beyond previous seasons when it comes to the crazy. Whitney's statements and actions are so outrageous even Barnacle Nation is giving the side-eye.  

I don't follow any of these people on SM, so do you have any examples of what Barnacle Nation is saying?  It was reported here that they were upset about how Whitney treated Ashley regarding the job, but what else are they finally opening their eyes to?

1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

I don't follow any of these people on SM, so do you have any examples of what Barnacle Nation is saying?  It was reported here that they were upset about how Whitney treated Ashley regarding the job, but what else are they finally opening their eyes to?

None of them that I see actually come out and say anything derogatory about her on SM. I'm not surprised because frankly that would be rude and unnecessary. But it does seem very clear to me that with the exception of Todd, none of these people see Whit very often unless it's to film. The show makes it look like they are together all the time but it's really doesn't seem to be the case at all. So they are there for the show and go back to their lives when it's over - which doesn't include Whit except on a rare occasion. 

1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

None of them that I see actually come out and say anything derogatory about her on SM. I'm not surprised because frankly that would be rude and unnecessary. But it does seem very clear to me that with the exception of Todd, none of these people see Whit very often unless it's to film. The show makes it look like they are together all the time but it's really doesn't seem to be the case at all. So they are there for the show and go back to their lives when it's over - which doesn't include Whit except on a rare occasion. 

That would make the most sense for them.who needs whitless all the time-no one

I'm only halfway through this and I can barely stand it. She is such a fucking psycho. If that French guy is real, what the hell is wrong with him that he's not blocking her and going into hiding? I mean, she is crying on the phone with him, and now she says she LOVES him. What is she, 14 years old? And then when he says that she can go there, she's like, Oh, no, I'm too busy. What??? Anyway, I just needed to get that off my chest in order to carrying on and finish this mess of an episode. She's also fucking up a nice vacation to my state, so there's that too. She's worse than ever.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 10/29/2021 at 6:50 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Why would a French citizen go to the American Embassy, that embassy is there for American citizens abroad, I doubt they would have even let him in the building. Whitney and Co. are just stupid, has any of them heard of Google?  How would Le Blur even buy an airline ticket to the US if nobody could leave France and if he lives in Paris why did he need to stay in a hotel? 

Paris' international airport, Charles DeGaulle is about 20 miles out of central Paris and takes about half an hour to get to by train.  If he lives on the other side of town,  it could easily take an hour to get there from his apartment.

I don't actually believe any of this storyline, but staying near the airport because he's hoping to catch the next plane to the US is one of the few believable details we've gotten.

• Love 3
On 10/27/2021 at 1:14 PM, sempervivum said:

I assume we'll get a couple more episodes of nothing happening, and then end the season with her jetting off to Paree.

Isn’t next week the season finale?

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Teri313 said:

I'm only halfway through this and I can barely stand it. She is such a fucking psycho. If that French guy is real, what the hell is wrong with him that he's not blocking her and going into hiding? I mean, she is crying on the phone with him, and now she says she LOVES him. What is she, 14 years old? And then when he says that she can go there, she's like, Oh, no, I'm too busy. What??? Anyway, I just needed to get that off my chest in order to carrying on and finish this mess of an episode. She's also fucking up a nice vacation to my state, so there's that too. She's worse than ever.

Yes! This!! There is no way she wouldn't hop on the next flight if he really had said that. How long does it really take to film a "workout" video? One hour, tops?

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Emma C said:

Yes! This!! There is no way she wouldn't hop on the next flight if he really had said that. How long does it really take to film a "workout" video? One hour, tops?

We are talking Whitney time, she needs time to complain in between every action, sit down and rest every ten minutes, get a call from Fake Frenchie and plop down in the middle of, well in the middle of where ever she is no matter what others might be doing and she needs to have time to make excuses for why she did not complete a task that needs to be done for the video's.  So the one hour that most people would need to make a video that is 20 minutes long, Whitney adds a lot of time because she is self centered and uncaring about other people's time.

• Love 3

How long does it really take to film a "workout" video? One hour, tops?

I've never seen her videos but I doubt they get a single video done in one take. I'd say maybe it takes about three times the length of the actual video to get it filmed? Then maybe they edit them as well?

• Love 2
On 10/29/2021 at 10:53 AM, Elizzikra said:

They might as well be liquid - it's not like you're supposed to chew them. I'm not a picky eater but I think they are revolting!

Yea.. snot slides down easily without chewing  🤢

• Love 2
On 10/29/2021 at 6:50 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Why would a French citizen go to the American Embassy, that embassy is there for American citizens abroad, I doubt they would have even let him in the building. Whitney and Co. are just stupid, has any of them heard of Google?  How would Le Blur even buy an airline ticket to the US if nobody could leave France and if he lives in Paris why did he need to stay in a hotel? 

He would go to the American embassy for special travel clearance. This is what my British father in law had to do over the summer. Only the US Embassy can grant that to non-citizens. 

It was still possible to purchase airline tickets online even though EU citizens weren't allowed in the US. Many of the travel websites allowed international ticket sales, even if admittance was denied. Sites like Expedia had (and some still have) disclaimers in the search results that read something like "COVID travel restrictions are changing daily; please check with the hotel/city/country/airline you are traveling to/with before departure." So you could BUY the airline ticket online, but that was no guarantee that you'd be allowed to board the plane when you got there. It's that way with a lot of travel sites. In some hotels you were only allowed to stay if you could prove an emergency. Expedia would gladly take your money and book the room, but it was with the understanding that if you reached said hotel and couldn't prove your story then you might not be allowed to stay. A lot of travel websites were offering refundable tickets because of this, because it was hard to know when things were going to change. 

Could this have been what happened to Le Blur? Theoretically, yes. However, not being able to travel to the US was huge news over the summer. I refuse to believe that he didn't know that. 

• Love 4
On 11/1/2021 at 1:39 AM, mamadrama said:

Could this have been what happened to Le Blur? Theoretically, yes. However, not being able to travel to the US was huge news over the summer. I refuse to believe that he didn't know that.

Agreed.  COVID restrictions were some obscure travel issue that only frequent flyers would know about.  I can't imagine someone buying a plane ticket (that I'm guessing would be non-refundable) without making sure you could actually travel.

On 11/1/2021 at 1:39 AM, mamadrama said:

I also refuse to believe:

That he wanted to spend his one free week in Maine on a stranger's vacation

(That he thought it would be a laugh riot to tell her he wasn't coming as a joke, but then show up to surprise her, and her family, and her friends)

That he then chose to spend half of his vacation week wasting money on an airport hotel, running willy-nilly between embassies

Haha try again next season TLC 🙄

• Love 4
11 hours ago, princelina said:

I also refuse to believe:

That he wanted to spend his one free week in Maine on a stranger's vacation

(That he thought it would be a laugh riot to tell her he wasn't coming as a joke, but then show up to surprise her, and her family, and her friends)

That he then chose to spend half of his vacation week wasting money on an airport hotel, running willy-nilly between embassies

Haha try again next season TLC 🙄

That the accent is real.

That he exists at all.

That he isn't a TLC crew member.

• Love 5
On 10/26/2021 at 2:13 PM, mamadrama said:

Yes, it's still possible. It's also possible that she does NOT get regular dental care. Don't underestimate people's fear of the dentist. In the episode she says she was at the dentist 6 months ago. It's possible to develop an infection within that timeframe. 

she said she had the wisdom tooth pulled six months ago but that this was the tooth [second molar] next to it and wondered why the dentist hadn't seen a problem with that tooth back then.

The Maine dentist gave her a choice, root canal or extraction 

Edited by magemaud
On 10/26/2021 at 2:13 PM, mamadrama said:

My deepest apologies to the good people of Bar Harbor for hosting this woman. As a part time St. Simon's resident, I get it. 

I wonder if Maine tourism invited them to film there? I thought it was weird that both the BFFL cast and the Plaths ended up in that area of Maine in the same season 

• Useful 2
58 minutes ago, magemaud said:

she said she had the wisdom tooth pulled six months ago but that this was the tooth [second molar] next to it and wondered why the dentist hadn't seen a problem with that tooth back then.

The Maine dentist gave her a choice, root canal or extraction 

I understood her to say she had the wisdom teeth pulled a long time ago (most people are teenagers when they have this done), but that ANOTHER molar was pulled on the other side last year.  But I'm not rewatching it to confirm this...

56 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I wonder if Maine tourism invited them to film there? I thought it was weird that both the BFFL cast and the Plaths ended up in that area of Maine in the same season 

Pretty sure the TLC crew didn't even leave; they just waited in the same hotel rooms for one fake show to leave and other to arrive!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Pretty sure the TLC crew didn't even leave; they just waited in the same hotel rooms for one fake show to leave and other to arrive!

I suspect the same thing might have happened when Darcey and Stacey and Steven and Alina all visited Turkey this season. Makes sense! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 10/24/2021 at 11:03 PM, mamadrama said:

I've mostly been able to watch this for the snark. It's been fun and I've never taken it real seriously. This season is legit pissing me off, though. I don't care if she's acting or not, I'm disturbed by her behavior. From the way she's treated Heather and Ashley over the surrogacy and job issues to the selfishness and ignorance displayed in regards to the pandemic, I'm appalled. 

This woman is either playing a horrible character in an effort to get more airtime or she's a truly terrible person who's also dealing with some kind of personality disorder. Either way, in the word of Ryan's friend, yikes. 

Whitney is a terrible person who probably won’t begin to realize it’s *her* until the show is cancelled and everyone abandons her (because they’re no longer getting paid to be abused by her). 

I still cannot believe this worst-of-the-worst, fake-ass show hasn’t been cancelled. 

• Love 2

My thought about Whitney and Le Blur was that she will like him, like him no matter what he looks like or what he does or doesn't do and will obsess about him...she is doing that now and has never met him.

Whitney's parents are nice people but they are doing her no favors by agreeing with her on all levels, thankfully they are not bankrolling any of her nonsense, right?

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My thought about Whitney and Le Blur was that she will like him, like him no matter what he looks like or what he does or doesn't do and will obsess about him...she is doing that now and has never met him.

Whitney's parents are nice people but they are doing her no favors by agreeing with her on all levels, thankfully they are not bankrolling any of her nonsense, right?

I believe Glen co-signed her original mortgage loan, but I don't know if she pays the mortgage herself or not. If she defaulted, he would be on the hook. I don't think we know much about what else he may pay for...

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 11/6/2021 at 5:37 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I'm sure they totally support her; I don't see her going to a 9-to-5 to pay the bills!  We know Glenn "co-signed" on her house, which means he's paying the mortgage.

• Love 2
On 10/27/2021 at 4:34 PM, Maximadc said:

I couldn’t believe that either! If the dentist gave her a choice, she should never go with a removal. It tells me how dumb she is. Now she is going to be with a hole in her mouth for at least 6 months. And an implant in not an easy thing to do!

I don't know how I spaced out on this thread but here I am - Even if the dentist gave her a choice he or she might have told her she could try a root canal but it may not "take", so rather than take that risk and the potential for additional discomfort and expense, she opted for removal knowing she could either live with it or have an implant done later.   That's what was told to me and I chose the extraction/implant route myself.  If the tooth is way in the back you can often get away without any implant.  My husband had one tooth removed way in the back and he says he doesn't miss it.  I might have forgone the implants but I had two adjacent back teeth affected so I really needed them.

On 10/27/2021 at 5:14 PM, all4mom2 said:

It hasn't been "painful" since the early part of the 19th Century; if it is, sue your dentist!  "Other pain medication" like nitrous oxide wears off as soon as they remove the apparatus, and even an opioid doesn't make you slap-happy.  Just ramping up the drama for attention, as usual!  Did anyone else hear her say she had one on the other side removed earlier, or did I dream that as I snoozed?

Yes!  Especially if the extraction is on the top it's amazing how you don't feel it at all very quickly.  I had two done at once and was amazed.  It's like the pain of childbirth, LOL.  By the time the anesthesia wears off the pain is already gone.  So I agree there's no drama here.  It sounds much worse than it actually is.  I'm not sure how it would be on the bottom, though.  I know that any work done on the bottom is always more painful than the top.  I'm not sure if it was mentioned whether Whitney's tooth was on the bottom or top.