Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: A Hairy Situation

• Start Topic

Nicole and her fireman boyfriend host a costume party with a "first responders" theme. The bash heats up when Dina becomes interested in a sightly young man and Nicole faces off against Amber about a rumor that's spreading.

^This is precisely why I watch. These people make me feel better about myself! :D

Hey, @gimipizzauoldtroll , have you been eavesdropping in my house? My son likes to make fun of me for watching this dumbass show and last season he just announced that one night. He said he figured out why I watch the show, because it makes me feel better about my life. Ha, I told him he should thank his lucky stars we have a boring life and know absolutely no one even remotely like the loudmouth losers on this show. 

I kind of watch the show the way I would watch some strange new animal exhibit at the zoo. You know, where some of the animals are fighting, and others are eating their poop.

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 7

Ah gawd, I'm exhausted watching this. I'm just waiting for your comments cause I can't tell the newbies, husbands, and boyfriends apart. All's I know is there was a first responses party... with a bunch of animals!

• Love 3

When will the ho wives realize that these shows are TAPED. when they try to lie about what they say or dont say. The viewers are going to see the TRUTH. So annoying. Amber you did say Nicole wrecked a family. First responder boyfriend did tell what nim said so why are you getting mad at Nicole for that.

I dont think Melissa did anything wrong telling the twins what was said.

Amber and Jim knew the people that were going to be on this show. Why start shit then be upset? and then be upset when others fight back

• Love 1

Let's hear it for watching this drivel makes us all feel better about ourselves! Then I remember I'm pathetic enough to be watching. Especially since still waiting for the DVR to be fixed and watched it live tonight with commercials. Still haven't seen last week's so at least one point for me (take that back as no On Demand - I've checked).

Is it wrong that Joe Giudice is still my favorite? Him sitting at the kitchen counter with his drink wanting no part of any of this was priceless. Amber's husband is a huge asshole. Even if anything he said is true (I doubt it) - why are you on this show? Oh yes, Famewhore rules.

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Love 12

WWHL is on as the tag-on. No idea why it's on now and now at 11. 

That's weird. I'm recording it now, not watching it yet, and I just checked and WWHL is on. Why the hell did they make it look like this was a 90 minute episode?

Is there anyone on this show who doesn't act like an asshole?

They're not acting. Please allow me to re-phrase that:

Is there anyone on this show who is not an asshole?

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 7

No fan of Melissa's (except when she sings or writes books - he), but I'm with her on this one too since Little Miss Amber gossiped about it on camera. IMO she's trying a little too hard to bring the drama I'm sure she promised. At least she didn't mention THE CANCER again (apologies if it seems I'm making light of a serious health issue), but it was probably edited out this episode.

• Love 4

Let's hear it for watching this drivel makes us all feel better about ourselves! Then I remember I'm pathetic enough to be watching. Especially since still waiting for the DVR to be fixed and watched it live tonight with commercials. Still haven't seen last week's so at least one point for me (take that back as no On Demand - I've checked).

Is it wrong that Joe Giudice is still my favorite? Him sitting at the kitchen counter with his drink wanting no part of any of this was priceless. Amber's husband is a huge asshole. Even if anything he said is true (I doubt it) - why are you on this show? Oh yes, Famewhore rules.

I'm guessing Juicy has more pressing things on his mind.  I hope they are making VATS of sauce and meatballs for their kids. 

I got a feeling I'm not going to like AmberIHadCancer's husband much?  {With all due respect to my fellow posters that may have or have a loved one..just being snarky on a Sunday night <3 }

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 1
That's weird. I'm recording it now, not watching it yet, and I just checked and WWHL is on. Why the hell did they make it look like this was a 90 minute episode?

Yeah, it is strange. I assume it's because it was a double dose of Gorga as guests? :-/

I missed the first half of this episode, but I can't help but like the "tv character" Joe Giudice. Real life Joe, not so much....but on this show I would hang out with him and down the wine and fugghedaboutit all. 

This Jim person grates. Does he think he is the FBI in Wolf of Wallstreet? You are on the RHONJ and seem like a real douchbag parent Mr. McRules. Are the kids actually theirs? To me none look like him or Amber. I honestly thought in the first eps we would find out " children from ex-so and so..."  

• Love 7

Here's my problem with Jim. If he had such a big problem/conflict being around Joe Gui, why the eff did he agree to be on the show? I call total BS on his ethical problem.

Would an ethical person marry Amber.....

• Love 6

Is this the world we live in? I'm not even drunk so can I even say that?
Jim! Holy crap, his spouting that he "prosecutes bank fraud". Liar liar pants on fire, specially since the the prosecutors office disavowed any knowledge of his existence. His mission was busted. Game over dude.
All of these people are nutcases.

Oh yea he did say that he did work as an expert witness so maybe he assumes he's a prosecutor. Still a nutcase.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 8

Is this the world we live in? I'm not even drunk so can I even say that?

Jim! Holy crap, his spouting that he "prosecutes bank fraud". Liar liar pants on fire, specially since the the prosecutors office disavowed any knowledge of his existence. His mission was busted. Game over dude.

All of these people are nutcases.

Oh yea he did say that he did work as an expert witness so maybe he assumes he's a prosecutor. Still a nutcase.

I think it's even worse than that. I read that he was only a witness/whistleblower on one case for the AG, and only because he was initially part of the scam, so he figured he'd cop a plea and look like a hero. He sounds like an asshole to end all assholes. And on this show, that's saying something.

ETA: thanks, diorella, for the link. I knew I read a pretty bad story about this guy. Does anyone have an update? (The article is dated 2007. I'm wondering if he got the whistleblower settlement).

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 9

Let me see if I have this right - part of the reason Amber's husband didn't want to go bowling with JoeGui and Joe Go (aside from the indictments) was because the twoJoe's get into physical fights yet we see his wife in a physical altercation at a party. Hypocrite much?

Loved that Rosie came to the party dressed as a sniper.

Loved that JoeGui couldn't be bothered to put on a costume. His rant in the limo cracked me up.

Don't give a crap about Dina's shoe collection. Care even less about the history of her shoes.

At least we didn't have to hear Amber talk of "The Cancer" tonight. I dislkie her more each week.

Amber's husband is a arrogant pussy. Hate him. Also a liar. Didn't the prosecuter's office put out a statement after last week's show that he has nothing to do with their office?

Seeing that clump of hair on a KITCHEN COUNTER literally made me gag. UGH! Hair around food makes me ill. Even if it is a clump of fake extensions.

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 6

I think that being deposed is quite different from actively prosecuting mortgage fraud. I'm also thinking that "trained as a lawyer" means marathoning The Practice and LA Law.

Douchebag said he went to law school but doesn't practice law. Guess he failed the bar exam too many times.

• Love 8

I think that being deposed is quite different from actively prosecuting mortgage fraud. I'm also thinking that "trained as a lawyer" means marathoning The Practice and LA Law.

Really! He sounds like another Aviva Drescher from RHONY. Did he take one class on constitutional law in college? Did he start law school and then drop out? Law & Order marathons, maybe? Halloween costume parties dressed as a lawyer?

• Love 4

Well then I'm a lawyer and a police officer. You know, Law and Order and all it's offspring. So maybe I could arrest Jim for being a douchebag.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 7

Yes, thanks, Diorella for the link. What a douche! And he came across like such a bitch tonight! I never use that word to describe a woman, but it fits this fool, Marchese, to a tee. Congratulations, Dum Dum! You and your wife are now famous--just like you wanted! And you got pimp-slapped into the middle of next week by both of the Joes! 

Joe Giu: "I don't care if he works on a farm ****ing farm animals for a living." Heeeee!

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 2

I was getting a vibe of some sort of warped morality complex from Jim and it seems to be true. Or rather, he wants to be this big important 'hero' and is actually a zero. Whistleblowing a scam he cooked up, boasting on the show tonight he works with the AG prosecuting the Giudices....bwahahahahaha.  I know he brought a suit against his ex-wife....is he litigation happy? Why would Bravo hire these assholes? 

• Love 4

How did Bravo find this guy? At least with the Giudices, they didn't know they were casting long- time criminals. This guy is bad news, and it's not exactly a secret. What is their thinking here? Just as one goes off "to camp," another one takes his place?

• Love 3

Ok so, when Teresa started tearing up after unveiling the photo.... everytime she and Joe spouted words of wisdom, I added "when we got to jail."

"Youse and yours sistas gotta stick up fo each otha.."  ...... "when we go to jail."

Next time there's a scene with the girls, try it.  LOL.

• Love 10

Wow.  One word Juicy and Tre.

Jail.

I need to watch a couple more times.  Does anyone know if this was filmed before those two IRS cheaters pled guilty?  Interesting. 

Ok so, when Teresa started tearing up after unveiling the photo.... everytime she and Joe spouted words of wisdom, I added "when we got to jail."

"Youse and yours sistas gotta stick up fo each otha.."  ...... "when we go to jail."

Next time there's a scene with the girls, try it.  LOL.

I'll do it.  And take a shot each time ~ new drinking game.  I may need to give out my cell phone number so someone can call me at 1:30 pm - to pick up lil one from summer school.  :0

Dina ~ BORING.  I have a friend I can sit with on a Sunday night if I wanted to be bored.   And yes, it's a cat.  With the same stick up her ass.

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 7

The screeching Vincent Pastore lookalike, Migrainia, is horrible.  Rude, nasty, selfish, grabby, mean.  I can't stand that kid, never could, and know I am on the express train to hell.

Amber's husband is disturbingly creepy and a pathological liar.  They are a perfect match!

I can't stand Desperate To Be Mrs. First Responder.  Trash taste, no personal style, had the nerve to say she wouldn't judge Teresa G. on her intelligence or lack therof, when there is nothing to show anything like a brain rattling around in her giant frozen noggin.  She ain't got no alibi, has no charisma, she and her dopey twin were desperate to get on this show years too late, she's uneducated, has no significant accomplishments - where does this fucking attitude come from? 

• Love 5

Amber's husband is that kid in grade school who read you the riot act when you broke a rule and then tattled to every teacher he could find and the principal also.  Not surprised that he seems to be litigious and trying to throw his nonexistent name around.  I can't wait until he and his wife are living in a dingy townhouse with their kids who look nothing like them.

• Love 9

For whatever reason, I liked Melissa and Joe.

Teresa and her Joe, just never appealed to me.

That being said, I do think the "buzz" word for the Gorga siblings is "dumb".

I think they both think they are not "dumb" and when called "dumb" - lol it insults their "intelligence" - lol.

Regardless of how much embellishing, Jim Marchese is doing, I think on a basic level - it is a conflict of interest, or just plain not wise for someone who is "President" of a mortgage bank to consort with someone who has federal indictments of mortgage fraud pending. 

• Love 3

Amber's husband is a douche. Apparently went to Seton Hall Law School according to LinkedIn -- no idea if he finished or not though; remember Albie Manzo also went to law school for a semester or two. Given that he's trained as a lawyer and is working with the Attorney General that's prosecuting the Guidices, you'd think he'd learn the difference between federal and state courts. Joe's charges are in federal court -- hence brought by the US Attorney's Office and have NOTHING to do with the State Attorney General. Too bad none of the cast is educated or well read enough to throw that back in his face.

He does seem litigation happy -- Bravo better watch out as I see some kind of defamation or misrepresentation suit from this guy eventually. Loved the bravado in the after-show where he said he'd sue someone, put them through hell for 3 years, ruin them financially, and depose them for 8 hrs and make them his bitch. Huge talk from someone who has never practiced -- his experience seems to be in pharma sales, where he got fired and then brought a whistleblower suit, and now at this mortgage company that is advertising on TV. I'm guessing he's been to a deposition or two (watching not taking) and thinks he's an expert. Oddly I do know guys in the mortgage industry who feel that they are lawyers and take his attitude -- just because they have exposure to lawyers in foreclosure matters.

• Love 6

Rosie's presence would make more sense to me if she were a HW.  Why isn't she?  It's not like you have to be married, and it's clear that someone at Bravo thinks she's a compelling character.

Amber's quote seems to have been edited to me.  "What I heard was," cut to showing the exterior of the car, audio with a slightly different tone, "it was Nicole who broke up a family."  But hey, whatever it takes to get these people to brawl, right?

Remember back in the day when violence would get you kicked off a reality show?  Good times...

Regardless of how much embellishing, Jim Marchese is doing, I think on a basic level - it is a conflict of interest, or just plain not wise for someone who is "President" of a mortgage bank to consort with someone who has federal indictments of mortgage fraud pending.

I tend to agree with that, which is why I think that you don't sign onto a show where those people are the stars where it becomes your job to hang out with those people.  Hell, that's all they do at this point, at one bullshit event after another.  I guess when it comes down to it I think that he lost his ability to go on and on about a conflict of interest because he made a choice to play in this sandbox.  For money.

• Love 4

Really! He sounds like another Aviva Drescher from RHONY. Did he take one class on constitutional law in college? Did he start law school and then drop out? Law & Order marathons, maybe? Halloween costume parties dressed as a lawyer?

Jim may be a non-practicing attorney but he's clearly not a well wisher (TM Aviva Drescher).   

These people are all idiots.  I agree with the poster above who said they don't like real life Juicy and his actions but like him on the show.  I agree with that.  He's definitely the most level headed man on this show (and that says something).  At least so far this season.

• Love 5

Everyone's got some sort of secret that they don't share with the outside world, but these people take the cake.  They're either brought up on fraud charges, have shaky financial backgrounds, have rumors about their spouses/relationships, etc.  If Jim was so concerned about conflict of interest or how it would appear if he were friendly with someone who was facing fraud charges, then do not sign up for the show.  He could have done what Dina's soon to be ex did - not appear at all.  Just say oh my wife wanted to be on the show.  He came on because he wanted the limelight, probably to act in the role of the honest businessman.  Didn't count on the internet articles which really make him out to be a shady character, too.  

The only interesting thing on this episode was the fight, as brief as it was.  Maybe I'm becoming jaded, but I think the whole deal was one big set up.  I was like oh ok so they're going to pull hair.  Been there,,done that (on NJ - at the fashion show  Ashley/Danielle, on ATL - Sheree/Kim - two that come to mind).  

I think where this HW concept went wrong was to have the glamorized reunions.  Just treat it more as a documentary, so the cast does not become such "stars" (at least in their heads).  It would keep them more down to earth, plus maybe shake up the cast year to year.  Maybe then they would have found some really interesting and intelligent people to participate.  Something other than the staged vacations and fight, fight, fight.

Not liking this because it looks like Amber is being painted as the evil one.  So not looking forward to another let's pile on xxxx storyline.  I don't really care enough for any of these women to root for them.  Teresa & Melissa - meh.  Dina - boring.  New girls - all annoying.

• Love 3

Amber's husband is that kid in grade school who read you the riot act when you broke a rule and then tattled to every teacher he could find and the principal also.  Not surprised that he seems to be litigious and trying to throw his nonexistent name around.  I can't wait until he and his wife are living in a dingy townhouse with their kids who look nothing like them.

You owe me a tablespoon of white wine!  ETA:  NOT FABUWISHIT wasn't true Joe and I are going to jail..  Normal white wine.  From the box.  "their kids who look nothing like them."  Too funny, still giggling. 

Did Tre have fake diamonds in the corner of her eyes when revealing the last supper portrait?

Vicki from RHOC says to Dina "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"   That dude was too cute for her.  How come her psychic didn't tell her "Stay away from firemen.  He's just trying to get to Lexi."

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 1

I enjoyed the scene in Dina's closet.  Her closet and shoe collection are the stuff of dreams for me.  Mr. Irritable is a good, beloved man who allowed me to turn the small bedroom next to ours from his office into my closet.  It's nothing special compared to what Dina has going on, but I love it so much that I totally understood her saying she would rather take a match to it than let another women inhabit her closet.  I have 2 rows of knee-high boots that might bore some people, but when I look at them, I hear angels sing, and to part with any of them...well, I'll let you know if I ever manage to do that, because this brown is not the same as that tan, and therefore they are worn with completely different outfits, plus I wore that pair to a great birthday party last Fall where we had so much fun, and this pair was so perfect on the girls' weekend antique shopping in the mountains!  Shoe sentimentality, I has it.  I also liked that Dina wore scrubs to the party - and still managed to look really cute in them.  I appreciate that she isn't into the whole "dressing for parties mean tits and ass out!" groupthink.  I didn't find the oily beefcake she was matched up with to be particularly attractive, but I've never cared much for that type.

Everything about Amber's personality is gross to me.  I thought I was going to hate the twins, and I don't like them so far, but they are about one notch more tolerable than Amber.  These women have supposedly been friends for many years and the first thing they do at the start of an argument is grab hold of each other's hair and start yanking???  This does not compute.  I can't even imagine getting into a yelling fight with one of my friends, because we are grown, and also because we are the kinds of friends who love each other, support each other, enjoy each other, are kind to each other and don't give each other reasons to yell.  I understand that some women do argue as a regular thing, but to get physical right out of the gate?  You would think after the probably hundreds of hours of my life that I have sadly wasted watching Real Housewives scream at each other that I would be numb to it by now, but I stopped watching the Atlanta franchise (even though it's the city where I live) because of all the hands being put on people, and here I am clutching my pearls all over again.    Last year's fight between the Joes was really upsetting to me, and if we are going to start this season with violence it only makes me shudder to think what's coming.  Might have to tap out because it's too nauseating.

• Love 5

When will the ho wives realize that these shows are TAPED. when they try to lie about what they say or dont say. The viewers are going to see the TRUTH. So annoying. Amber you did say Nicole wrecked a family.

Amber's quote seems to have been edited to me.  "What I heard was," cut to showing the exterior of the car, audio with a slightly different tone, "it was Nicole who broke up a family."

This is exactly what I was thinking Pheonix780.  Whenever they go from showing the person speaking where you can see their lips move and then suddenly break away to show scenery without the person talking in it but with a voiceover, I lean toward creative editing going on.  For all we know they could have cut the voice of Amber saying, "It was Nicole who broke up a family...blah blah blah" from her talking head where she said, "I never said that it was Nicole who broke up a family...blah blah blah".  These editors don't play fair when they don't like a particular housewife and it seems they don't like Amber since they showed that scene with Melissa where she was allegedly gossiping right after her talking head denying it. I'm also going to take a guess that it is because of her husband that they don't like Amber because he seems like a real sleazebag on an epic scale. 

You would think after the probably hundreds of hours of my life that I have sadly wasted watching Real Housewives scream at each other that I would be numb to it by now, but I stopped watching the Atlanta franchise (even though it's the city where I live) because of all the hands being put on people, and here I am clutching my pearls all over again.

It seems to me that the Atlanta franchise had the least amount of putting on of hands until this last season.  New Jersey has always been more violent, ever since Danielle Staub got her glued in weave yanked out by Jacqueline's daughter Ashlee.  Then you have the violence at the Gorga christening and an even larger brawl last season between the two Joes.  Miami has had fights also.  I don't consider Sheree's tugging of Kim's wig anywhere near as violent as the gang up on Danielle by Theresa and her entourage.  

Edited by swankie
  • Love 4

Lame, desperate, and trying too hard. I just can't with the new crowd. I'll TiVo and FF through all but Teresa & Dina's parts. I used to love Teresa and the girls, now not so much, but I want to see the end of their run. I have always liked Dina, mainly because I like to see all her animals. I also like that she does things differently sometimes--outdoor Christmas tree/bird feeder, scrubs instead of T & A. But after the Juicys are off the show, I think I am done.  Season 1 was fun & awesome, but they won't get that back.

• Love 1