Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E13: Tears, Jeers, and 25 Cent Martinis

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Spectator said:
2 hours ago, Emma Snyder said:

I'm the one who posted this episode description & for some reason I had in my head it was 25 cent margaritas LOL

Margaritas, martinis…whatever it is, if it’s legit then Houston is pretty much the best city ever! Lol

I couldn't agree more, @Spectator, I couldn't agree more.

Vibing Jojo Fletcher GIF by CNBC Prime

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, glitterpussy said:

I know Zack cries a lot. He's got a lot of issues tissues

FTFY

57 minutes ago, glitterpussy said:

Brett seems pretty normal to me, maybe she's not Ryan's cup of tea, but he's gross so who cares?! She should go home to her messy apartment, get a new puppy and forget him. 

If/when Brett gets a puppy (yay! puppies!), she’ll be approached by a ton of men who start conversations with her while she's out walking her new best friend. Both men and women LOVE puppies. They can’t help themselves (I know can’t). I hope Brett finds a husband worthy of her. She’d make a good wife and a good mom and she can hire a cleaning person on a weekly basis to clean up if her sloppiness is a problem.

If Michaela truly has such severe abandonment issues, she needs to get some real therapy (not the Viviana school of useless band-aid therapy) And stop believing that everyone else is supposed to walk on eggshells because of her real or imagined triggers. Guess what, Michaela? We ALL have issues. You’re not special.

• Love 11

After rewatching the scene next week where Michaela motions like she's swiping at her face then jumps up and leaves Zack on the porch, seemed to me like it could've been a too many flying bugs type of reaction. But I guess we'll see next week if she's really reacting to something Zack said or what I just guessed it really was. Now, once she's inside the vacation cabin, being held back by the producer or whomever that female was, while she was trying to bumrush the door to slam it in the camera man's face, we'll just have to wait and see what 'triggers' that reaction from her since I have no guesses for that at this time. LOL

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Lacy4u said:

After rewatching the scene next week where Michaela motions like she's swiping at her face then jumps up and leaves Zack on the porch, seemed to me like it could've been a too many flying bugs type of reaction

Maybe…. But she was carrying on  way too much for that too.  A normal response to  annoying bugs would  have been a polite calm statement about moving the conversation inside due to annoying bugs.  Especially while being filmed.  Not throwing a loud temper tantrum immediately after Zach says something she doesn’t like. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 7

How many times is Johnny going to ask Bao what SHE is doing to improve their relationship?  How many missed opportunities will Bao have to ask in response, "what are YOU doing to improve the relationship?" I know it's been said a lot here- but he does nothing but sit and wait for her to perform some microscopic slight so that he can then proclaim that it's not working and he's unhappy. And oh, the drama.  Walking out, holding his head in his hands with a pained expression- he needs to stop saying he will "try" because he never has. He's an A-1 jerk and now every time they talk (which he always refers to as "arguing"), I want to punch him in the face.

• Love 19
21 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Michaela is batshit crazy.  Zack is a hot, bawling mess.  Neither one would be attractive to anyone watching this show.

You never know what you will get day by day with Michaela.  Her mind flips from one minute or another.  He’s so distressed, he doesn’t know what to do.  She has a problem, like her sister said, so he should take that with a grain of salt and leave.  If Michaelina would have been matched with Johnny, she would have beat the crap out of him already.   That’s another guy who’s nuts.  Who the hell is this guy to knock Bao every minute when the mood strikes him.  He thinks he’s Gods gift, and isn’t even average.  He’s like a child who doesn’t know what they want to the point of having meltdowns and tantrums.  Bao is trying too much, and all he does is knock her and complain.  She should dump him and go on.  It’s plain to see that Michaela and Johnny are not marriage material.  I don’t think they will be happy with anyone anytime.  Some people are not meant for marriage.  This is a show, so who knows how things work.  They like drama.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Johnny wrapped up the meeting with Dr Pepper like a business meeting “You have given us a lot to think about and I will make sure my employees are on board” 😂

Sir, she was talking to you. Jamie on unfiltered points out that Bao can’t win. Either she is a Debbie downer or when she is a literal cheerleader, she can’t please him. His response “I just want her to be real” Sir, you criticized her core personality traits. As in she is too giddy, she is hyper focused on perfection whilst painting. This guy. Throw the whole man away, Bao.

Jose is muzzled for now after his own hurricane fit and Rachel, could you hurry it up a bit? I am on the west coast and by the time she finishes a sentence, I have fallen asleep. But no worries, the saga of Michaela and Zach woke me right up. Can’t wait for next week. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I found Brett’s chat with Ryan’s sister Alexa very informative.  Alexa said that “maybe” now that they are back in Houston, her brother is reminded of someone else.  She was clearly insinuating that his heart might be elsewhere. I have a feeling Ryan told her something that she didn’t want to reveal.  In a way, I don’t feel sorry for Brett. When Ryan begged her for feedback, she just sat there and looked at him.

So let me see if I understand this.  Zach told Michaela that if “today” was D-day he would say “No”.  However, he wants them to keep sleeping in the same bed.  Yeah.  No.

The fact that Gil didn't inform Pastor Cal that they weren't being intimate, led me to believe that they are and that they made a pact to keep it a secret. 

What more feedback does Ryan want, after the 100 Cards of Compliments? The  communicating is now up to Stone-Faced Ryan. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 7

Johnny is a total ass. He is proving to be so narcissistic. Hes mean and uncaring. Bao is too good and too mature for him. He'll never appreciate her. It doesn't matter how hard she tries.

Ryan and Brett need to do 2 things....1. talk and ask questions. I mean come on say something already to each other. Tell each other what your feeling and/or thinking. And 2. Have sex. If they did that Ryan would probably be in atolls different mindset. Brett would totally have already done it if Ryan would makea move but damn Brett make the first move. Throw on something sexy and woo your husband.  I am pulling for these two but Ryan will be the one to completely throw this away.

Mryla and Gill are adorable. Hes good for her. She's totally smitten by him. It's so sweet!

Jose and Rachel could be successful if they'd trust each other and if he keeps his temper in check.

Zack and Kayla....💥💣🧨🚫🏳Abort mission. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Mercolleen said:

Yeah, but he'll still have sex with her.

My understanding WAS that Johnny was a highly respected and successful IT professional with a viable management career and the compensation such a position would warrant.

He goes on this reality "show" and shows parts of his personality and behaviors that are verging on the pathological!!

I wonder how his co-workers/supervisors regard him now that he has emerged as such an uncaring and vicious person with virtually no insight into his character flaws.  

• Love 10
22 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Tipsy Myrla is delightful. Can we swap her out for Jamie Otis, on the condition that she has a couple of those 25 cent martinis before filming?

Jamie give up that job?  NEVER in a million years.  Lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Dr Pepper  doesn’t get it.  Zach is terrified of Michaela for good reason and she acts like he should say yes on decision day and it’s his fault Michaela is Hurricane Kay. 

Yes, and I don’t blame him for crying.  He had high hopes for a good marriage,and they put him with a maniac. If I were him,I would leave right away as something drastic could happen.  These experts should see what a person is like before they hitch them together.  Those experts area waste of time.  That Cal has his favorites too.  They are useless.

• Love 11

How come Pepper hugged everyone except for Zach who was sobbing about being married to Hurricane Michaela?  Instead she just stared at him.  Pepper was one of the people who paired him with Michaela, she needs to be making amends to him...

I agree with everyone else that Johnny should never have been matched with anyone and that he is continually blaming Bao for every single thing she does.  However, Bao did know that he wasn't interested in her (this was the first time I heard that they had actually gone on a date-in a prior episode it sounded like she wanted to do something with him but they never did.  I didn't realize they had actually gone out on a date.  She held onto the texts for over 10 years (many of us commented on that).  So, she had to know that Johnny wasn't interested then and may not be interested now.  Then she said something interesting which was that she doesn't "chit-chat" and then I remembered her serious discussion of her snoring and not always showering so very early during the honeymoon.  If Johnny could communicate clearly, I think his initial issues were that he wasn't interested in her and that she doesn't participate in light-weight conversations (that's the flirty he was referencing).  Every early conversation was serious and deep-not the fun conversations one has when getting to know someone.  So, I kind of get it.  HOWEVER, Johnny doesn't seem all that stable and has anger issues (and is kind of a whinny baby), so I have no sympathy for him, but I do kind of get it.  But, they are DONE.

I am so looking forward to next week! 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, pdlinda said:

(Johnny) goes on this reality "show" and shows parts of his personality and behaviors that are verging on the pathological!!

I wonder how his co-workers/supervisors regard him now that he has emerged as such an uncaring and vicious person with virtually no insight into his character flaws.  

Trust me, they know—they are nudging their SO’s saying, “See! See what I have to put up with EVERY GD DAY?”

I know everyone is loving tipsy Myrla, but I’m really not.  I thought it was really disrespectful for her to show up tipsy for her meeting with Dr Pepper, and I really don’t like when people excuse their rudeness by claiming they are just sooo honest 🙄.  No, you are rude.

Edited by Real4real
  • Love 11

You know it's a no when the guys stop the sex. Johnny's a no, like Matt was. The only honorable thing they do, after doing the wrong thing by having sex with them at all. I think Bao isn't that hurt by his cruel words because she's not emotionally attached or connected, so that works in her favor. It's protection.

10 hours ago, Spectator said:

Wow, Mikaela’s lack of self awareness is quite alarming, especially considering that her outbursts are so common that she has acquired the nickname “Hurricane K”. I get it that Zach is a little too tightly wound for a show like this, but I am dumbfounded that Mikaela (and dr Vivianna, Jamie and all those panelists from that side-episode a couple weeks ago) continue to place all the blame on him. What am I missing????

Mikaela goes from 0 to 60 in under 3 seconds. She turns an argument or a small disagreement or even just a statement that she doesn’t like into grounds for a full breakdown. She overreacts to almost EVERYTHING and it just elevates every problem into something so much bigger.

Examples: 1. Zach doesn’t leave a note one morning and she flips and actually moves out, then cancels the party (then uncancels it when she cools off). Whew…quite a roller coaster for something so inconsequential (especially since she previously warned Zach not to wake her in the mornings) 2. They both agree that they aren’t yet ready to say yes and commit to a lifetime marriage (she herself admitted things had only been good for about a week!) but, even though she agreed, she immediately shut down and put up her protective walls again (recall her walls went up during her childish refusal to salsa dance too) and told him to sleep in the other room. But when he didn’t do exactly as she wished: to sleep in the other bedroom but to still stay in the apartment, she wigged out yet again and yet again cancelled her show commitment - this time she cancelled her call with Zach’s family (on unfiltered she claimed her sister cancelled it and that she wasn’t aware of the call…huh??? How would her sister have known about the call to cancel it, but somehow Mikaela didn’t know about it???? Uggghhhhhh…If she’s going to try to lie to cover up or shift blame for her poor behavior, she at least needs to concoct more logical stories!)

Again, the girl overreacts to everything. Then she desperately tries to explain away or undo her bad behavior (cancelling, uncancelling, gaslighting, blaming others, etc.).  I think she has an even worse temper than Jose (which has been a focus of the experts and others), but I’m guessing because she is a woman, the experts, panelists and Jamie don’t directly address it whatsoever, and instead focus on whatever Zach is doing to trigger her. I don’t care what Zach supposedly does to “trigger her”, Mikaela’s response to seemingly anything and everything she doesn’t like is totally unacceptable. The girl needs to work on herself and her anger issues before even trying to work on a relationship. If she were a man, I’m willing to bet many people would be asking that she be removed from the show given her extreme physical outbursts.

Yes to all of this! I was also struck by how in her talk with Pastor Cal she kept complaining about how she missed "happy Zack" as if she had nothing to do with him being unhappy! Pastor Cal tried to point out that when you're MARRIED, your happiness is intertwined with your spouse's happiness and perhaps you even have something to do with that happiness and might work to restore it,  and she treated this as a debatable newsflash.  What a narcissist!!!

Edited by Alexander Pope
  • Love 8

Ain't it interesting how Myrla & Rachel say they've gotten more than they asked for in their husbands? Gil definitely doesn't share that sentiment. Myrla's gushing over him & how happy he makes her while Gil's saying issa wrap if she doesn't stop the tantrums. Typical self-centered view. 😂

• Love 1
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

How come Pepper hugged everyone except for Zach who was sobbing about being married to Hurricane Michaela?  Instead she just stared at him.  Pepper was one of the people who paired him with Michaela, she needs to be making amends to him...

Because she hated him at first sight hence matching him with Michaela. 😂

More than likely though, I think she was frustrated and uncomfortable because of her high failure rate and Zach was belligerent when no one died. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Again. WEAK PEOPLE!!! So scared of conflict it's eating them up inside. Again. It's 2021. Plenty of information on conflict resolution. There's no excuse. Johnny & his insanity. Complaining about their poor communication, yet repeating it over & over & over & over. Ryan's so afraid of "unpleasant" conversations, he avoids them altogether. Ya. That's helpful. Brett's afraid to hear the reality that he quit, but acts like she wants the truth. A joke! Zack is afraid of Michaela's crazy & his answer to what marriage he wanted so bad was stupid. Not helpful at all. Rachel is afraid of José's crazy and afraid to enforce her boundary because he'll run away. José & Michaela are afraid their crazy will make their spouses leave them.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, qtpye said:

If I knew nothing about Johnny and Bao then I would conclude that Johnny is thrilled with his wife and rather pleased she showed up in a cute cheerleader outfit. He ran up to her with a big shit-eating grin and hugged her affectionately.

Because he needs to pretend to be the "good guy" in front of the other couples. Just like he presented her with the flower at the fancy dinner they all attended recently. 

7 hours ago, Lacy4u said:

After rewatching the scene next week where Michaela motions like she's swiping at her face then jumps up and leaves Zack on the porch, seemed to me like it could've been a too many flying bugs type of reaction.

Funny I thought the same thing at first. But then I remembered, it's Michaela and apparently those twitches and jerking reactions are part of her transformation into Mr Hyde Hurricane K.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

I believe  the show is forcing the "Myrla is Negativity  Personified" theme.

E.g., Pastor Cal is the one who puts the word "tantrums" in Gil's mouth, as it were. Like, "Gil, try to remember your storyline here."

https://en.brinkwire.com/entertainment/gil-admits-myrlas-negativity-weighs-on-him-in-exclusive-sneak-peek-from-married-at-first-sight/

E.g., I submit that were Myrla a true complainer, she would have nitpicked somehow at Gil's "picnic" spread. Instead, she showed appreciation. 

E.g., Another clear counter-argument is how she has come to care for Hype. 

E.g., Does Myrla call Gil names? She's "bougie," a "princess," she's implicitly shallow---compared to Gil's (non-existent?) property ownership. 

Who's the complainer here? 

E.g., Myrla's refusal of "body shots" is defined in the above linked article as "body pictures." First of all, were they photos, I submit that the very suggestion is misogynistic and "Playboy Bunny" offensive. However, the term usually refers to a male drinking booze literally off the body of a female. Whichever the "experts" suggested, Myrla is well within her personal rights, her dignity, and her consideration of her job to refuse outright. As in, GTHOOH! 

E.g., Myrla totally co-operated in the Salsa dancing. 

With Pastor Cal, Gil begins by saying, "She's  very caring, she's very loving....We get along very well....I'm not scared to tell her anything [implying that Myrla listens non-judgmentally]."

Then Pastor Cal, instead of being encouraging and supportive, goes negative: 

"Are there any unanswered questions that would make you say 'No' on Decision Day?"

Gil gets the big hint and runs with his cue. 

Okay, fairness demands I mention Myrla's resistance to paddle-boarding (after Gil calls her "Princesa") because of the (water?) temperature (she is dressed not for cold, shall we say). But she and the others just witnessed idiot Johnny paddleboard straight into possible disaster. 

Also, Myrla expresses trepidation about the "bumpiness" of the sea-plane ride (maybe she needed Dramamine; I would have). But she nevertheless goes. 

In general, Myrla really doesn't care for the whole Sand, Sun, and Surf gig.  She wears a large sun-hat and wraps herself in beach towels. 

Is that being a "Debbie Downer," per Gil?

Or is one person's fun in the sun another person's vision of sweat, sunburn, sharks, riptides, drowning, and melanoma? 🥵 ☀️ 🦈  🌊  ⚰

Oh, wait; that's me. 😆

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

I don't think there's a lot I can say about Johnny that I haven't said before, namely that he's a prick. I don't understand, why after his and Bao's conversation with Pastor Cal last week, did it turn into another game of "Make Bao jump through even more hoops and keep moving the goalposts"? Like, where is JOHNNY doing anything??? And now, Bao is trying TOO hard? Ugh. I just want to slap him upside the head. Plus he always looks like he is seething under the surface. It's obvious that he tells the experts what they want to hear, but keeps blaming everything on Bao, and says even more mean stuff to her after just apologizing for saying mean things. He wants someone who's unattainable.

Like others said, I think Alexa was trying to drop hints to Brett that Ryan is seeing someone on the side. Ryan might be saying that he wants to keep trying, but his heart obviously isn't in it, and he's not even good at faking it. 

I didn't get what Jose meant when he said Rachel left - he was the one who locked her out...what is he talking about? I don't like these two together and I don't have hopes for them long-term, but if Rachel decides to stay, I hope she's serious about not letting him be too controlling or ever treating her that way again.

Zack and Michaela - hot and cold. I think there's definite trust issues there, and for good reason. Michaela seems pretty unhinged though, and leaving and taking all the seasonings? And then doesn't answer his calls. She cannot seem to deal with any criticisms or even differences of opinion without lashing out.

Gil and Myrla -  they seem pretty happy and equanimous. Not seeing too many issues at this point, so that's good. Color me surprised that these two are the most successful pairing out of all the couples. 

Can this season be over with already?

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I believe  the show is forcing the "Myrla is Negativity  Personified" theme.

E.g., Pastor Cal is the one who puts the word "tantrums" in Gil's mouth, as it were. Like, "Gil, try to remember your storyline here."

https://en.brinkwire.com/entertainment/gil-admits-myrlas-negativity-weighs-on-him-in-exclusive-sneak-peek-from-married-at-first-sight/

E.g., I submit that were Myrla a true complainer, she would have nitpicked somehow at Gil's "picnic" spread. Instead, she showed appreciation. 

E.g., Another clear counter-argument is how she has come to care for Hype. 

E.g., Does Myrla call Gil names? She's "bougie," a "princess," she's implicitly shallow---compared to Gil's (non-existent?) property ownership. 

Who's the complainer here? 

E.g., Myrla's refusal of "body shots" is defined in the above linked article as "body pictures." First of all, were they photos, I submit that the very suggestion is misogynistic and "Playboy Bunny" offensive. However, the term usually refers to a male drinking booze literally off the body of a female. Whichever the "experts" suggested, Myrla is well within her personal rights, her dignity, and her consideration of her job to refuse outright. As in, GTHOOH! 

E.g., Myrla totally co-operated in the Salsa dancing. 

With Pastor Cal, Gil begins by saying, "She's  very caring, she's very loving....We get along very well....I'm not scared to tell her anything [implying that Myrla listens non-judgmentally]."

Then Pastor Cal, instead of being encouraging and supportive, goes negative: 

"Are there any unanswered questions that would make you say 'No' on Decision Day?"

Gil gets the big hint and runs with his cue. 

Okay, fairness demands I mention Myrla's resistance to paddle-boarding (after Gil calls her "Princesa") because of the (water?) temperature (she is dressed not for cold, shall we say. But she and the others just witnessed idiot Johnny paddleboard straight into possible disaster. 

Also, Myrla expresses trepidation about the "bumpiness" of the sea-plane ride (maybe she needed Dramamine; I would have). But she nevertheless goes. 

In general, Myrla really doesn't care for the whole Sand, Sun, and Surf gig.  She wears a large sun-hat and wraps herself in beach towels. 

Is that being a "Debbie Downer," per Gil? Or is one person's fun in the sun another person's vision of melanoma? 

Oh, I agree. Here I go, eating my words about Myrla, because I did find her shallow and overly picky early on. But this whole scenario of trying to make Gil come up with bad things about her seemed very forced. Gil obviously doesn't seem too bothered by Myrla and he either lets it roll off his back or dishes it right back up to her. She admits that he's good at humoring her and distracting her when she's in a bad mood. And she seems extremely appreciative and grateful for what he's brought to the marriage. So, really, I don't think Gil has anything much to complain about (that he has stated at least). I think they just have to make everyone look indecisive coming up to decision day. Good grief, experts, let us have just one couple without huge issues, OK!?!?

• Love 8

I don't get the sense that Johnny is gay, I think he's just an asshole. I could be wrong though. I think he has a lot of issues and has anger problems. He also displays narcissist qualities in that EVERYTHING is about HIM. Unlike Ryan who at least feels bad about how he feels and understands that it's not Brett's fault that he's not into her, Johnny takes no accountability and thinks he's perfect. He is always finding a reason to belittle Bao and take shots at her for something she's not doing enough of or something she's doing too much of. He expects her to initiate everything, and then when she does, she's not doing a good enough job. He is constantly picking fights, telling her he's not attracted to her and if he was, he would have called her back 15 years ago.. he's just a disgusting person. 

And he keeps saying she is fake and different behind cameras. I mean, yeah Johnny, that's because she's smart. She has a career and doesn't want to look like a fool on television. Something he doesn't seem to care about. He needs to get to the roots of his issues, because Bao is just acting as the emotional punching bag that he's taking his anger out on.

• Love 9

These people! What's so hard about fully understanding??? Ask what they mean! ONE follow-up question could make things so clear! 😂 So painfully ordinary.

Ryan & Brett & Zack & Michaela definitely shouldn't be on the couples' retreat, but we get to see the crazy. So.

• Love 1

I've had it with Ryan & Brett's mess. They say NOTHING. Ryan says what he's supposed to & will do NOTHING. Ryan's trying avoid telling Brett the truth & Brett's trying to avoid hearing it. Pathetic. 😒😒 She should've been on Unfiltered to be called out on it.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Lindz said:

Ain't it interesting how Myrla & Rachel say they've gotten more than they asked for in their husbands? Gil definitely doesn't share that sentiment. Myrla's gushing over him & how happy he makes her while Gil's saying issa wrap if she doesn't stop the tantrums. Typical self-centered view. 😂

I don't see "tantrums" at all. She might come across as a glass-half-full kind of person, which also could be heavily due to producer shenanigans.  She does take note of negatives, but she is mild about it ("the sound of the ocean would be nice here...") but the way they show montages of her comments strung together tells me she may not be a constant Negative Nancy.

I was SO hoping that Brett would ask Ryan the exact question that Cal told her to: "when did it turn for you?" I also really, REALLY want to know how she acted on the plane to their honeymoon that made him reference it several times. I think that could have been pivotal right there.

I am not as turned off by Bao's so-called "childish" behavior (some women raise the pitch of their voices when excited, etc- I'll take that over vocal fry and uptalk every day). But her cheerleader act really made me cringe.UGH. And her narrative: "Johnny came over to give me a hug. Maybe he's had a change of heart...?"- nope. She needs to stop having false hope (or acting like she does). He's a jerk and he will never appreciate her efforts on their face. The other thing she does is when he insults her, she looks deeply into his face without a change of expression as if she's trying to do a math problem. I would react: "what did you just say??!" and call him out directly.  

• Love 3

Does everyone have to take some kind of psychological or personality tests before becoming a contestant on this show?  If not I think it's highly irresponsible for them not to do so.  Look at some of the crazies that have been chosen for MAFS.  They're playing a dangerous game if you ask me.  

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

I don't see "tantrums" at all. She might come across as a glass-half-full kind of person, which also could be heavily due to producer shenanigans.  She does take note of negatives, but she is mild about it ("the sound of the ocean would be nice here...") but the way they show montages of her comments strung together tells me she may not be a constant Negative Nancy.

I was SO hoping that Brett would ask Ryan the exact question that Cal told her to: "when did it turn for you?" I also really, REALLY want to know how she acted on the plane to their honeymoon that made him reference it several times. I think that could have been pivotal right there.

I am not as turned off by Bao's so-called "childish" behavior (some women raise the pitch of their voices when excited, etc- I'll take that over vocal fry and uptalk every day). But her cheerleader act really made me cringe.UGH. And her narrative: "Johnny came over to give me a hug. Maybe he's had a change of heart...?"- nope. She needs to stop having false hope (or acting like she does). He's a jerk and he will never appreciate her efforts on their face. The other thing she does is when he insults her, she looks deeply into his face without a change of expression as if she's trying to do a math problem. I would react: "what did you just say??!" and call him out directly.  

I notice that deep stare. I wish she would just tell him to put on a diaper and call the wambulance. He acts like such a baby all the time.

People talk about the slow way Rachel talks but Bao talks just as slowly and it's distracting.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

I didn't get what Jose meant when he said Rachel left - he was the one who locked her out...what is he talking about? 

I was confused, too, because he told her to get the fuck out, before locking her out.  But then I remembered that the next day, she came back and was packing her stuff to leave.  I think that's what he's talking about--she was choosing to leave at that point.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

WTF is up with Johnny & Zack comparing their wives to some non-existent "ideal" wife??? How do they not see how ridiculous that is?! Totally harmful to the marriage. They're not taking their wives as they are, they're trying to see if they fit who they think they want. Idiotic! & they're both "not good enough" types too! They need a taste of their own medicine so bad! Tell them they're not good enough & they're not fitting the ideal husband. Ugh

• Love 2
15 hours ago, nell said:

Brett, lose the red hair - it's not helping you.

Am I the only one who suspects Johnny's perfect woman is a man?

Michaela, you're just scary.

Johnny is one messed up dude.  He doesn’t know who he is, what he is.  I don’t know how these experts put him on in the first place.  I don’t agree with their opinions.

• Love 2

WHY did they Zack & Michaela both say they would say no if it was decision day???? 🤔 That was the biggest thing & they totally ignored that & blew up the reaction to that. I guess Zack's a no cuz she's crazy & Michaela's a no cuz he's a no. 😅

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Lindz said:

WTF is up with Johnny & Zack comparing their wives to some non-existent "ideal" wife??? How do they not see how ridiculous that is?! Totally harmful to the marriage. They're not taking their wives as they are, they're trying to see if they fit who they think they want. Idiotic! & they're both "not good enough" types too! They need a taste of their own medicine so bad! Tell them they're not good enough & they're not fitting the ideal husband. Ugh

Are you talking about the conversation Johnny had with Ryan, where Ryan was encouraging Johnny not to overlook the negatives (as if he needed any help??), and Johnny ended up looking like the good guy when his situation is even more screwed up than Ryan's imo?  Because that made my blood boil!!

• Love 3
On 10/14/2021 at 5:45 AM, bichonblitz said:

Johnny keeps implying that Bao is different on camera than off camera. I think he is trying to say that she is a fake and not so nice off camera. I wish he would just come out and say it. Michaela really threw Bao under the bus on Unfiltered. She said Bao complains about Johnny all the time off camera. Again, are we seeing a different Bao? Something just doesn't add up. Oh, and Michaela, you suck. Maybe she and Johnny should get together. 

It's not like Bao is super nice on camera.   She's pretty rigid in her thinking and  has been pretty articulate on her issues with Johnny on camera.    Johnny on the other hand, can't seem to communicate his feelings about Bao without going below the belt and saying hurtful things.  He also said Bao was lying about cooking gourmet meals when in their argument about that it came out that he didn't count that because he "helped".   I just don't know what she could possibly be doing off camera that's that much worse than she does on camera.  I think he gets angry because she tries to hold him accountable on camera.   

Based on next week's previews, Bao witnessed some of Hurricane K.    Bao probably had an opinion on it and let others know.   So not surprising Michaela is not team Bao.  

• Love 13
2 hours ago, After7Only said:

Based on next week's previews, Bao witnessed some of Hurricane K.    Bao probably had an opinion on it and let others know.   So not surprising Michaela is not team Bao.  

If I was in a group setting, with someone in charge of the group( in this case, producers)… and someone was kicking things, pushing furniture around, screaming, etc?  My immediate action would have been a call to the group leaders ( producers).  It appeared to be filmed on a stationary camera ( so no person in the room). 
Think back to the Jose/ Rachel  episode: a producer was sitting at that counter while  Jose was cussing and screaming. So she was there to intervene. 

• Love 2

About Ryan and Brett, I love Brett, messy and all, but if their differences are political and/or conservative vs liberal then I GET why Ryan would not want to go forward. I don't think it is all to do with model looks.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

If I was in a group setting, with someone in charge of the group( in this case, producers)… and someone was kicking things, pushing furniture around, screaming, etc?  My immediate action would have been a call to the group leaders ( producers).  It appeared to be filmed on a stationary camera ( so no person in the room). 
Think back to the Jose/ Rachel  episode: a producer was sitting at that counter while  Jose was cussing and screaming. So she was there to intervene. 

I think they are at the group couples weekend so there are probably stationary cams set up.

I think in that situation, I would leave and notify "someone" on the way out that one of my co-stars might need some help. I'd just get out of the way of Hurricane K.

Is it me or do the couples not seem to have formed friendships the way that have in prior seasons? The ladies last season all seemed to become pretty close but this group doesn't seem to be - although Rachel did give Myrla a big hug at the volleyball game. I know we have seen Jose and Johnny talk fairly often but his conversation with Ryan felt totally staged. And Mikalya totally threw Bao under the bus on last week's Unfiltered...

• Love 4

On 10/14/2021 at 3:52 PM, cinsays said:

and does anyone know when michaela's father died? was it recently or many years ago?

Seem to remember that it was may be around the age of eight. It was when she was young and she apparently romanticize as a father as the very very best ever ever ever I’m not saying he wasn’t a good father but it seems like she has an unrealistic memory, the memory of a child.  People with her disorder tend to have a black and white thinkingAnd either you’re a hero or zero.  There is a classic book “I hate you.  Don’t leave me.”

• Love 2
On 10/14/2021 at 6:45 AM, bichonblitz said:

Johnny keeps implying that Bao is different on camera than off camera. I think he is trying to say that she is a fake and not so nice off camera. I wish he would just come out and say it. Michaela really threw Bao under the bus on Unfiltered. She said Bao complains about Johnny all the time off camera. Again, are we seeing a different Bao? Something just doesn't add up. Oh, and Michaela, you suck. Maybe she and Johnny should get together. 

I'm sure she is complaining about Johnny because there's absolutely nothing to be happy about with him.  What is she supposed to do? Make up shit that he's wonderful and treats her splendidly?

• Love 7