Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E13: Tears, Jeers, and 25 Cent Martinis

• Start Topic

54 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

Agree with all of this, and it also makes sense of how much many of us--me included--on this board liked him at first, found him charming and even dashing, until his true colors were revealed.

So true! 

The first comment I ever made on this board about them after the initial intros and wedding ceremonies (including the tea ceremony) was that I thought they were the most compatible and best matched couple in the history of the show!! 

OMG!  How reality has come crashing down on me.....isn't the old saying:  "You can't tell a book by its cover"???

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

So true! 

The first comment I ever made on this board about them after the initial intros and wedding ceremonies (including the tea ceremony) was that I thought they were the most compatible and best matched couple in the history of the show!! 

OMG!  How reality has come crashing down on me.....isn't the old saying:  "You can't tell a book by its cover"???

J is very good at crafting a likable façade around himself, which is fine as long as you never dig any deeper.

He probably is the type of guy who is the life of the party and seems very popular but in reality, has very few or no friends that really know him.

• Love 3
On 10/17/2021 at 4:09 PM, TheBride said:

It's worse than that. She believes the responsibility for the success of the marriage is completely in Ryan's hands. And she's actually not taking any responsibility.

What should Brett do? She already gave him the Tower of 100 Compliments. 

And never mind about her messiness. Ryan was checked out long before that revelation. 

As for the 900-pound manatee capable of up-ending (and some known to have done so) a kayak? Well, bravo to admonishing old Brett. How understanding. 

Same with flying. You know what my husband did after I told him I could no longer get on a plane, thus curtailing his beloved trips to Europe? He drove us to vacation spots in the US. 

Brett can't become petite. She's not a blonde. It's unlikely she'll change her opinions  on politics, hunting, or Country dance. Paradoxically, Brett is a Good Ole Gal, just not the type Ryan desires. 

IOW, Ryan---as with IMO too many of the participants  in this show over the years---really wanted the show to match him with the type of woman he had always failed with before, NOT with someone different for a change.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 10/17/2021 at 8:35 AM, Matty said:

Is Johnny trying to win the Emmy for best performance in a reality show? Just kidding. But, seriously, his histrionics are like bad acting. I guess he figures he'll get more attention if he gets the villain edit. Ok. We get it. Bao is not your type. You can't stand being in the same room with her. You've made that very clear. 

Every week Johnny becomes more of  A Dick. I don't know how Bao is lasting this long.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, qtpye said:

I think not dealing with confrontation is a big part of it. It is much easier to ghost than to say “I no longer want to see you”, particularly early in the relationship. I also think some men ghost because they want to leave their options open, either for relationships or late night booty calls.

I imagine J thinks of himself as amazingly charismatic and charming. Not to be unkind but he has a reputation as a player and that is probably not due to his amazing good looks.

I think he is offended he was matched with Bao because he thinks he can do much better. He judged her to be not good enough 15 years ago and thinks that everyone will agree with him that he is out of her league. I guess some people are just delusional to their own level of appeal.

Is anybody who dates Johnny after this is nuts.

On 10/18/2021 at 9:46 AM, Boo Boo said:

There is definitely a part of me that thinks he is hoping this reality show gets him into the acting biz.

I'd also bet this dipshit has such low self-awareness that he *thinks* the audience is in love with him, not her and he's probably shocked seeing the fan reaction online.  

On 10/18/2021 at 9:30 AM, Boo Boo said:

Yes, I would bet that whatever happened on the flight was so disturbing to him that he will never be able to look at her the same again.  

The other thing was the revelation that the number of times she hears "you're a great girl, but..."  Have that discussion in private therapy session.  Instead, she's put it in his head that no one stays around -- that there is something wrong with her.   A confident person is like hey, didn't work out and that's a good thing.  

So to me, he sees unbalanced (the flight), insecure (everyone leaves me), dramatic (everyone leaves me), the unsexy (again, everyone leaves me) and adding to that someone who is apparently very messy and lazy which would make you think she's got depression issues.

I'll also bet that when they were getting married and her wedding dress was essentially a boob show, he turned off instead of on.  If you can't be somewhat demure on your wedding day, to me it would be a big red flag that this woman thinks her only assets are her boobs.  That dress was almost cut to her navel and tacky AF.  I have big boobs too, and would feel exposed in a dress like this.

c533831e-a8a5-4c4c-8b64-1f512b1482b1.jpg

I have big boobs and I think that dress is tacky. You don't have to be covered up like a nun, but surely you could leave your breasts less exposed.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, antfitz said:

Is anybody who dates Johnny after this is nuts.

I have big boobs and I think that dress is tacky. You don't have to be covered up like a nun, but surely you could leave your breasts less exposed.

Agreed.  She's got a great figure but I've noticed she's either got everything hanging out or she's dressing matronly.

• Love 1

Johnny is so emotionally stunted. It's easy to see why he has been single all this time. Bao is so sweet and seems to be trying so hard but he is such a little bitch.  He wants HER to plan dates, he wants HER to big spoon, he wants HER to do more. WTF is he doing? Be man! Bring her some freaking flowers! Woo her. Stop asking what she needs to be doing for you. Start doing for her!!!

• Love 1

Has Bao acquired Johnny's dramatics?? He absolutely did NOT "blow up" during their after expert meet up. Just like their conversations aren't arguments. She asked if he was ready for marriage & he responded in a hurtful, messed up way that he said he'd stop doing. That was accurate. That's not blowing up though. They both need to stop playing victim. 😒😒

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 1

José STILL hasn't said what made him react like a crazy man! She asked what triggered him & he said some BS about needing to cool off. WHY'D he get crazy in the first place over something so innocent?!! WHY was he so offended?! Oh ya. She checked him & like a bitch ass, he freaked out. But even before that, the language, the reaction to the initial accident was out of line. She should've told him to remain calm & use respectful language.

• Love 1
On 10/14/2021 at 1:17 AM, Yeah No said:

Yeah, we didn't even need the previews to see that hurricane coming right into the Gulf headed straight for Houston, did we?  She was on her best behavior for a couple of weeks but that kind of crazy can't keep up the act for too long before coming out again.  She is on and off again so fast coming out of nowhere that no one could ever keep up with it.  I don't know how the producers think it's safe to put volatile, unpredictable people like this on the show.  One of these days someone is going to get hurt.  She's the kind to stalk someone, key their car, bully their new girlfriend months or years later, meanwhile acting like she wishes them no harm and all the best.  Don't they realize there's a very real danger with some of these people?  They have been lucky that no one's gotten really hurt yet.  Michaela is so far gone I actually worry for Zach's safety even after the show is over, even if they go their separate ways on decision day.  She'll be baaaaaaaaack!!! 🤯

100% - the producers are playing very dangerous games with these people