Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E13: Tears, Jeers, and 25 Cent Martinis

• Start Topic

Is unfiltered discussed with each episode? I’m thinking that Dr. Viviana is there because the two craziest most rageful and lack of insightful individuals are here. I thought she was there in case they just went off the rails.   I can’t even with Dr. Viviani with not challenging either of these two nuts to see that they are rage full and that they give their partner a lot of reasons to at least feel confused if not just angry back. Johnny is never a good place. And Michaela shifts from pole to pole with her stupid laughing and then her raging. She has no insight and I don’t see much and Johnny either. I would want to sue you if I was matched with it either of these people.   Wow Jose showed inappropriate rage at least he can be talked to about what is his part in this negative cycle. He’s trying to take accountability. I thought it was hilarious when Michaela said that her husband doesn’t take any accountability when she takes no accountability for anything she does.  That kind of thing is very crazy making for anyone in a relationship with someone like Michaela. The projection, the level of projection is incredibly high when someone describes the other person when they’re really describing themselves. 

• Love 8
On 10/14/2021 at 12:15 AM, CSunshine76 said:

Johnny is such an ass. So now we know..he wasn’t attracted to her in college, he’s not attracted now.  Good luck finding a wife that meets all your requirements and can deal with your assholeness Johnny!

The wife that meets all of his requirements is going to want a hot man who makes a lot of money and is a joy to be around.  Not that skinny boy body bobble headed bitch!

• LOL 11
  • Love 5

Michaela really fooled me. On the wedding day all the chemicals in her body must have lined up. She looked radiant with a joyous personality. She really seemed like a dream girl to me. Seemed reasonable about the situation with the honeymoon. But now she is off her meds.

The politics between Brett any Ryan are a factor. I don't see them going off the rails about it. In this day and age the people who make these matches have to put much more weight into politics and lifestyle. It was the same with Erik and Virginia. Just to throw out a figure a couple should have 80% things in common. Religion, politics, having children and of course money. Ryan does have a conscience. He realizes he put another human being in the cross hairs. He can't stay married out of guilt or hurting her feelings. I don't believe he is physically attracted to her either.

Johnny is a shallow man. He's not grown up he's still a boy. He thinks marriage is to benefit him alone.

• Love 13
On 10/13/2021 at 6:32 PM, Dakisela said:

And how she SITS there as he says those awful things to her face!  I just can't imagine what it would take to do that!

Let me tell you, I'd rather break my contract and get sued than sit there for that abuse. Hell to the NO. 

• Love 8

On 10/14/2021 at 12:00 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

I wouldn’t put much stock into anything Michaela says. She an unreliable reporter who doesn’t seem to have a firm grasp on reality when it comes to her own situation, much less someone else’s.

Truly.  On Unfiltered, she was explaining that she thought they should sleep in separate beds if they don't see themselves staying together at the end, and that Zack reacted by going to sleep at his apartment, so she then packed up all her stuff and left.  And the way she said it was though her reaction was just the entirely logical next step that anyone would have taken...rather than another batsh*t over-reaction.

23 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

If Michaela truly has such severe abandonment issues, she needs to get some real therapy (not the Viviana school of useless band-aid therapy) And stop believing that everyone else is supposed to walk on eggshells because of her real or imagined triggers. Guess what, Michaela? We ALL have issues. You’re not special.

Yeah, it seems like lately "triggered" has become a shorthand for what used to be called "being bothered by something", and for which we learned how to emotionally self-regulate.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
On 10/13/2021 at 9:37 PM, Crashcourse said:

Well that's interesting.  I didn't know Jose had been married before.

Not sure what this is referring to.

On 10/14/2021 at 12:57 AM, Yeah No said:

I wanted to slap Brett for not being more to the point with Ryan like Cal told her to be.  Cal is like a stopped clock, he's at least right twice a day.  This time he was right to tell her to ask him those questions point-blank, but she wasn't brave enough to do it.  Instead she put on her velvet gloves and wimped her way through some malted milk version, giving him a way to wimp out ONCE again.  The two of them are wimps, dancing around the inevitable.  Someone please put them in a room and slap their heads together, it's making me nuts!

It was so painful to see that when they separately met with the experts, they both wholeheartedly bought into asking each other the tough questions and topics.  But when they got together, it was like, "It's important that we ask each other the tough questions and discuss difficult topics.  So that means we should definitely confront the things that are uncomfortable and talk with each other about them.  We just really need to talk through these things and dive on in.  Discussing is very important."  Aarrggghhhh!

• Love 3

Johnny & Bao weren't wearing their rings during their meetings. Why didn't the "experts" ask them about that? Even more didn't wear their rings during the volleyball game. 🤔😅

• Love 1

I can't stand Johnny. He's so full of himself. And mean.  Regarding Johnny saying something to Bao like, "I didn't want to date you for the last 15 years," that was just mean. I doubt that Bao crossed his mind much during that time. Many people change between age 20 and age 35. At my various class reunions, several people found love with people they did not look at twice in high school.

• Love 10
On 10/14/2021 at 6:12 PM, KateHearts said:

He's an A-1 jerk and now every time they talk (which he always refers to as "arguing"), I want to punch him in the face.

You know how when parents argue they tell their kids they are having a "discussion?" Johnny does the EXACT opposite! Oh no, we're not having a discussion, we're having an argument LOL!

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
On 10/14/2021 at 9:03 PM, seacliffsal said:

How come Pepper hugged everyone except for Zach who was sobbing about being married to Hurricane Michaela?  Ins

Yeah.  She just looks at him like he’s insane and doesn’t offer any comfort.  It made her look bad that she didn’t match well.  As long as these so called experts look good, they dong care how the marrieds feel.  They talk a lot of mombo jumbo.  The guy is upset, and she just sits there.  If that’s therapy, I’d rather go to a relative to tell me the truth.  He should go to her sister and have a heart to heart.

• Love 3
On 10/14/2021 at 8:10 PM, pdlinda said:

My understanding WAS that Johnny was a highly respected and successful IT professional with a viable management career and the compensation such a position would warrant.

He goes on this reality "show" and shows parts of his personality and behaviors that are verging on the pathological!!

I wonder how his co-workers/supervisors regard him now that he has emerged as such an uncaring and vicious person with virtually no insight into his character flaws.  

Well, he isn’t now.  He portrayed himself as a jerk.  The women on the job will probably beat the crap out of him.  His reputation is down the toilet.  Sadist who tortures women.

• Love 6

All these crazy things they do are probably for the camera.  What normal people would go on a show and make fools of themselves.  Maybe MONEY talks.  Maybe they all are laughing on the way to the bank.  Who would act like Michaela?  What man would cry and make a fool of himself like Zack?  I can’t see it.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Flutterby said:

Does everyone have to take some kind of psychological or personality tests before becoming a contestant on this show? 

Probably, and the ones who score the worst get on the show 😆

15 hours ago, geej said:

About Ryan and Brett, I love Brett, messy and all, but if their differences are political and/or conservative vs liberal then I GET why Ryan would not want to go forward. I don't think it is all to do with model looks.

I think in one of the 1st few episodes Brett said that she didn't know if she could get over those differences, Ryan said he didn't care. My guess...yes, they have different philosophies, but that's likely a subject they don't discuss.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Yeah, I think the political differences of Brett & Ryan wouldn't mean that much to Ryan.  He's just not that into her.

It doesn't make him a bad person; in fact, I applaud the way he's handled it.  He's gently tried to let her know that he's not "there" with her, he's not having sex with her, he's honest with the experts.  He simply doesn't find her that attractive, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Initially, I thought he was some shallow guy who needed arm candy, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  He seemed to really enjoy her personality early on, but there has to be that chemical attraction to go along with it.

Plus, he wants a girl who will enjoy getting into the same things he's into, like ranch weekends, etc.  That's not Brett's gig.  Nothing wrong with Brett; she needs to find a guy who will get into her stuff as well.

I have a lifelong sports-hating friend who, in the past 10 years, has become a superfan of her husband's team.  She figured, years ago, that she could either be a Sunday football complaining widow, or join in.  She wears the team shirts, she makes the snacks, and she talks football smack!  Her husband does much of the same for her.  So, differences can work, if you work them.

• Love 9

Michaela dressed for the game & stood there like she was playing, just to say she wasn't playing & she was a cheerleader. Total nut job. At least Bao dressed the part & was clear from the get that she wouldn't play.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Lindz said:

Michaela dressed for the game & stood there like she was playing, just to say she wasn't playing & she was a cheerleader. Total nut job. At least Bao dressed the part & was clear from the get that she wouldn't play.

Bao decided not to play and surprised Johnny by coming at all. I think she should have come to play even though she’s not good at sports.  Since she didn’t, it was appropriate  to at least  participate in the group activity some way.   Now, without her on the court, the teams were uneven numbered.  So I wasn’t bothered by Michaela stepping out.  There’s also the fact that there were enough players to manage the informal game without either of them. 
Michaelas’ actions here don’t bother me the way  the salsa night did.  She quit  an activity set up for her and her husband.  It wasn’t like there was a stand in student waiting for an opportunity to dance.  She basically ruined the evening. 

• Love 4

I think the attitude people have is what screws them. Some think because they're married they don't have to date & win over their spouse. Some treat it like they're not even dating & they can quit because they dislike some things, not patient or accepting. A lot are self-centered. They really need to flirt & build their connection. Maybe that could've helped Brett & Bao. Again. There should be a manual by now on how to be married at first sight. 😂 I wonder who would follow it.

• Love 3
On 10/14/2021 at 1:27 PM, glitterpussy said:

I know Zack cries a lot. He's got a lot of issues but it seems like he's at least attempting to work them out.

Hes not getting the Angry Black Man edit.  Thank god.  But he seems really sensitive. I've never met anybody who cries every time they get upset.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

The wife that meets all of his requirements is going to want a hot man who makes a lot of money and is a joy to be around.  Not that skinny boy body bobble headed bitch!

15 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Michaela really fooled me. On the wedding day all the chemicals in her body must have lined up. She looked radiant with a joyous personality. She really seemed like a dream girl to me. Seemed reasonable about the situation with the honeymoon. But now she is off her meds.

The politics between Brett any Ryan are a factor. I don't see them going off the rails about it. In this day and age the people who make these matches have to put much more weight into politics and lifestyle. It was the same with Erik and Virginia. Just to throw out a figure a couple should have 80% things in common. Religion, politics, having children and of course money. Ryan does have a conscience. He realizes he put another human being in the cross hairs. He can't stay married out of guilt or hurting her feelings. I don't believe he is physically attracted to her either.

Johnny is a shallow man. He's not grown up he's still a boy. He thinks marriage is to benefit him alone.

1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

Yeah, I think the political differences of Brett & Ryan wouldn't mean that much to Ryan.  He's just not that into her.

It doesn't make him a bad person; in fact, I applaud the way he's handled it.  He's gently tried to let her know that he's not "there" with her, he's not having sex with her, he's honest with the experts.  He simply doesn't find her that attractive, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Initially, I thought he was some shallow guy who needed arm candy, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  He seemed to really enjoy her personality early on, but there has to be that chemical attraction to go along with it.

Plus, he wants a girl who will enjoy getting into the same things he's into, like ranch weekends, etc.  That's not Brett's gig.  Nothing wrong with Brett; she needs to find a guy who will get into her stuff as well.

I have a lifelong sports-hating friend who, in the past 10 years, has become a superfan of her husband's team.  She figured, years ago, that she could either be a Sunday football complaining widow, or join in.  She wears the team shirts, she makes the snacks, and she talks football smack!  Her husband does much of the same for her.  So, differences can work, if you work them.

I think Ryan is not physically or emotionally attracted to Brett and he understands that this is his problem, not Brett's. He really needs to be honest with her though she can probably already read the writing on the wall.

I think Johnny is the one who thinks HE CAN DO MUCH BETTER than Bao.

I remember Johnny claimed he has been on at least 100 first dates (like this was something to be proud of)…I would really like to see the type of woman that he feels like he "deserves".

• Love 6
On 10/14/2021 at 12:39 AM, Yeah No said:

I listened closely and I'm pretty sure Johnny said "after our one date" he knew Bao wasn't for him, so that's when I think he ghosted her.  I theorized weeks ago here on the board that they had to have dated for him to "ghost" her in text messages when she suggested getting together again.  It didn't make sense that they only knew each other peripherally from college associations.

What I want to know is how Bao ever thought that if he didn't like her enough to ghost her 15 years ago that his feelings were somehow going to change now.  I guess hope springs eternal, but if that were me I would have had a completely different attitude toward the relationship.  I'd have acted a little more like Myrla at first in that I would have eased in really slowly and not jumped into the deep end of the pool and kept a skeptical attitude to see where his feelings were going first before letting myself get hurt a second time.  I think she liked him a lot and still had unfinished business with him going into this that prevented her from being that detached for that long.

I think Johnny is a class A misogynist.  A cruel one too.  I feel sorry for Bao having to keep up the classy act while he acts like an asshole to her.

I don't see Bao going in really fast.  It took them a while to build up to intimacy - which was also a problem for Johnny (kisses me like a friend) until sex.  Then of course, after sex, she doesn't do enough flirting.

She seems very measured about their relationship and he just throws curve balls after curve balls to her just b/c she exists in the relationship.

It's not the case with Johnny, but 15 years later feelings can change A LOT.  I had men in my past ghost me then try to come back into my life hot and heavy b/c they realized they were the idiots that weren't ready to settle down and I was the one that "got away."

It's not unreasonable for Bao to think that Johnny, who signed up for this show, is ready for marriage.   I doubt that he is ready for any real adult relationship that isn't palling around with guys like he's still a frat boy.  I also would bet that his treatment of Bao is similar to how he treats women in general -- he creates reasons to not like them, puts distance between them, ghosts them, all because he's afraid once they find out the true broken Johnny, they'll leave.

I'm sure once the show is done and she's fulfilled her contractual obligations, Johnny will be kicked to the curb forever.   It also wouldn't surprise me if Johnny becomes a 50 something lonely, hair challenged bachelor realizes that he really fucked up with Bao and wishes he did something differently.  

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

I don't see Bao going in really fast.  It took them a while to build up to intimacy - which was also a problem for Johnny (kisses me like a friend) until sex.  Then of course, after sex, she doesn't do enough flirting.

She seems very measured about their relationship and he just throws curve balls after curve balls to her just b/c she exists in the relationship.

It's not the case with Johnny, but 15 years later feelings can change A LOT.  I had men in my past ghost me then try to come back into my life hot and heavy b/c they realized they were the idiots that weren't ready to settle down and I was the one that "got away."

It's not unreasonable for Bao to think that Johnny, who signed up for this show, to be ready for marriage.   I doubt that he is ready for any real adult relationship that isn't palling around with guys like he's still a frat boy.  I also would bet that his treatment of Bao is similar to how he treats women in general -- he creates reasons to not like them, puts distance between them, ghosts them, all because he's afraid once they find out the true broken Johnny, they'll leave.

I'm sure once the show is done and she's fulfilled her contractual obligations, Johnny will be kicked to the curb forever.   It also wouldn't surprise me if Johnny becomes a 50 something lonely, hair challenged bachelor realizes that he really fucked up with Bao and wishes he did something differently.  

Johnny is going to be that creepy 50 year old in the club that is hitting on women half his age because he thinks of himself as a Peter Pan that never ages...not realizing that they are all laughing at him behind his back.

I loved it when his family pointed out to him that he's not in high school anymore and his requirements for a wife were juvenile. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Probably, and the ones who score the worst get on the show 😆

I think in one of the 1st few episodes Brett said that she didn't know if she could get over those differences, Ryan said he didn't care. My guess...yes, they have different philosophies, but that's likely a subject they don't discuss.

I posted after she made it sound like in a normal circumstance, politics is a dealbreaker that Brett is the kind of woman that talks a big game about her dealbreakers and then begs the man to stay.

I also think a big reason for Ryan' not being able to find love with Brett has to do with whatever meltdown she had on the flight.   We didn't see what happened, but it was bad enough that he seemed shell shocked and she seemed embarrassed.  If you don't personally choose your mate, meltdowns like this -- and the one Michaela had -- would make it nearly impossible to see the good if you're seeing that kind of bad so soon after meeting.

At the wedding, she already ran down a list of things she wouldn't do/didn't like -- even country music.  She started off the marriage as though she's not open to a lot of things.  If he's an active guy, a doer, why would he find someone attractive that apparently isn't?  

Once again, it seems the "expert" formula is pairing opposites attract and not "do these people have ANYTHING in common?"  

7 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Johnny is going to be that creepy 50 year old in the club that is hitting on women half his age because he thinks of himself as a Peter Pan that never ages...not realizing that they are all laughing at him behind his back.

I loved it when his family pointed out to him that he's not in high school anymore and his requirements for a wife were juvenile. 

Exactly!  

I personally don't think Johnny is attractive -- and this was before we saw his personality.  I've dated Asian men before, so it's not about a personal preference -- I just don't think he's nearly as good looking as he thinks he is.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Great list for the experts!  I'd add pets.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, evansmom10 said:

Let me tell you, I'd rather break my contract and get sued than sit there for that abuse. Hell to the NO. 

I don’t even think you get sued if you call it off early (you can’t force people to stay married; I actually wonder if it would open the show up for liability if a marriage got violent, for example); I think you get sued if you quit the show - like if you refuse to film. Miami flight attendant (forget her name) left her husband literally the day they got back from the honeymoon in which they fought most of the time (they didn’t even let them go home; Pastor Cal met them straight from the airport) and they had to keep doing the show, so they had them doing dumb exercises like writing each other letters. DC Mindy split from Zach early & Viviana was like “Good!” and Mindy said she just had to be available for filming. So I think Bao could walk away and in her shoes, I would. If they really cannot leave, I would spend every second I wasn’t filming at my own place. Never let somebody tell you they don’t want you more than once. 

I read something that said that women are conditioned to try to fix - fix a man who isn’t worth their time, fix a toxic job, fix a family situation that isn’t working, fix our bodies. Like if we just try hard enough, it’ll work out. And sometimes you just have to call it and walk away. Bao is smart and goal-oriented and I think she’s used to hard work paying off, but this is just a situation she can’t fix and shouldn’t spend any more of her energy on. Johnny’s not worth it. (I think last season’s Paige was the same way, with an added dose of faith - she thought it was God’s plan so she was determined to make it work, when really Chris was just trash and the whole situation was a mistake.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

I think Ryan is not physically or emotionally attracted to Brett and he understands that this is his problem, not Brett's. He really needs to be honest with her though she can probably already read the writing on the wall.

I think Johnny is the one who thinks HE CAN DO MUCH BETTER than Bao.

I remember Johnny claimed he has been on at least 100 first dates (like this was something to be proud of)…I would really like to see the type of woman that he feels like he "deserves".

If your own flesh and blood (Sister) tells you her Sisters faults, that’s BAD.  She called Michaelina a “Hurricane” and meant it.  The woman is mental, and he’s crazy to stay with her for another minute.  Zack is being too nice.  He has to get out of there.  She almost busted the door in the last scene.  Next, it would be his head.  Instead of crying like a baby, he should be packing his bags.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I don’t even think you get sued if you call it off early (you can’t force people to stay married; I actually wonder if it would open the show up for liability if a marriage got violent, for example); I think you get sued if you quit the show - like if you refuse to film. Miami flight attendant (forget her name) left her husband literally the day they got back from the honeymoon in which they fought most of the time (they didn’t even let them go home; Pastor Cal met them straight from the airport) and they had to keep doing the show, so they had them doing dumb exercises like writing each other letters. DC Mindy split from Zach early & Viviana was like “Good!” and Mindy said she just had to be available for filming. So I think Bao could walk away and in her shoes, I would. If they really cannot leave, I would spend every second I wasn’t filming at my own place. Never let somebody tell you they don’t want you more than once. 

I read something that said that women are conditioned to try to fix - fix a man who isn’t worth their time, fix a toxic job, fix a family situation that isn’t working, fix our bodies. Like if we just try hard enough, it’ll work out. And sometimes you just have to call it and walk away. Bao is smart and goal-oriented and I think she’s used to hard work paying off, but this is just a situation she can’t fix and shouldn’t spend any more of her energy on. Johnny’s not worth it. (I think last season’s Paige was the same way, with an added dose of faith - she thought it was God’s plan so she was determined to make it work, when really Chris was just trash and the whole situation was a mistake.)

Yes to everything, and you have some good memory.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

She sure was happy as she caught a live one and would live happily after.  Then, the real Michaela came out, and poor Zack was beside himself, crying and knew he was stuck.  Now, he has to listen to those dumb experts like he’s the crazy one.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

If that’s therapy, I’d rather go to a relative to tell me the truth. 

That's not therapy.

In the past, the experts have been quite clear that they aren't "providing therapy" but are just "experts and consultants." They are trying to avoid the liability and the ethical implications that would go along with actually having a therapist/client relationship (for example, the expert who dated and is now engaged to one of the former spouses). 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I could've sworn I heard him say something about a former wife when he was talking to Rachel.

He’s mentioned a long term girlfriend before.  However in the conversation with Rachel after the meet with the experts, he referred to his parents divorce and not wanting to be like them. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 10/14/2021 at 5:01 PM, Leschele said:

And 2. Have sex. If they did that Ryan would probably be in atolls different mindset. Brett would totally have already done it if Ryan would makea move but damn Brett make the first move.

The problem is that Ryan has already seen Brett's bathroom.  So he is not getting a boner anytime soon. It was a bad move for her to keep her bathroom that way.  Unless the producers did that for her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 10/14/2021 at 6:30 PM, Real4real said:

Trust me, they know—they are nudging their SO’s saying, “See! See what I have to put up with EVERY GD DAY?”

I know everyone is loving tipsy Myrla, but I’m really not.  I thought it was really disrespectful for her to show up tipsy for her meeting with Dr Pepper, and I really don’t like when people excuse their rudeness by claiming they are just sooo honest 🙄.  No, you are rude.

I would get fucking hammered if I had to meet with the experts. Also, I would have smoked weed while the experts were talking to me and offer them a hit.  Myrla did great. Why do the experts need to be worshiped?  They are just like us.  Myrla was honest with the expert, and that is all that was required.  She looks so much better when she smiles and stops complaining. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

At the wedding, she already ran down a list of things she wouldn't do/didn't like -- even country music.  She started off the marriage as though she's not open to a lot of things.  If he's an active guy, a doer, why would he find someone attractive that apparently isn't?  

Once again, it seems the "expert" formula is pairing opposites attract and not "do these people have ANYTHING in common?"  

I also wonder about those "personality tests" they went on about in the first few seasons - now it just seems like they take each person's word about him/herself and go with it.  And in this case I think they thought they had something in common because Brett coaches volleyball(for kids, for money); like that somehow made her an active, outdoorsy type of gal.  Their reasons for pairing couples has always been pretty surface level, and if they are making assumptions like that it's even worse.

• Love 5

The experts’ entire approach is “ opposites attract ,” except they don’t do it because they think that would help them make a great match .. they do it because they know opposites = a shit show . 

I really don’t believe in the opposites attract thing and I believe in just the opposite of that . I think you need to be very similar to a person in order for it to work . The only trait that it can work for is if one person is high strung , then the other person needs to be more laid back because two high strung people is explosive . But as far at interests , religions , politics , cleanliness habits etc , I believe you need to have similar ways . 

Really off topic but does anyone else want to slap Viviannas smile off her face ? She comes off as very disingenuous to me because she always has a smirk on her face and I feel like she’s just so happy to be on tv . 

• Love 2

Ryan and Brett should just have the dreaded conversation already (and it should not include anything about Ryan and his lack of sleep, just saying), put their cards on the table and agree that this isn’t working. Then they can hang out for the last couple of weeks and have some fun without the pressure. Maybe Ryan has a friend who might like Brett. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Ryan and Brett should just have the dreaded conversation already (and it should not include anything about Ryan and his lack of sleep, just saying), put their cards on the table and agree that this isn’t working. Then they can hang out for the last couple of weeks and have some fun without the pressure. Maybe Ryan has a friend who might like Brett. 🤷‍♀️

Yes, especially since they haven't had sex and probably won't.  I could see Ryan having a friend who would like Brett.  Heck, Brett might have a friend who would like Ryan. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, kristen111 said:

If your own flesh and blood (Sister) tells you her Sisters faults, that’s BAD. 

Maybe. But trust me, my sister would tell people bad (and I believe untrue) crap about me - but she's super self-absorbed and overall not a very nice person, and I'm one of her least favorite people on the planet. Sisters have weird relationships sometimes. 

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, kristen111 said:

All these crazy things they do are probably for the camera.  What normal people would go on a show and make fools of themselves.  Maybe MONEY talks.  Maybe they all are laughing on the way to the bank.  Who would act like Michaela?  What man would cry and make a fool of himself like Zack?  I can’t see it.

There’s not a lot of money for filming.  About $1500 a week has been the amount reported.  

Michaela thinks she is doing everything right - she has no insight. Johnny has no insight about his behavior.  They don’t think they’re making a fool of themselves they think their partner is making a fool of themselves.  Zack - I think is just depressed from being in toxic relationships. Being around Michaela may bring back a memory of a very very traumatic toxic relationship.  

• Love 4

Ryan's sister said the girls he dated had no depth, perhaps it's the other way around. Maybe Ryan has no depth. Sure looks that way since day one. & how did Brett determine all those things about him that she liked? They haven't even had deep conversations, apparently. 😂

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Lindz said:

Ryan & Brett don't know each other because they don't want to. Ryan doesn't care to know & isn't interested. It's terrible.

I think if Ryan had met Brett in a bar, close to last call he might have thought about having a quickie/one night stand at her place, (not his, she would then know where he lived), nothing past a first name basis.

Ryan thinks he is better looking than he really is, it is his swagger that gets him as far as he has gotten with women but those women probably get bored with him and notice that he cannot make eye contact when he talks to them. Like Johnny, Ryan thinks he is worthy of an Instagram model with a Phd but they do not have the goods to keep a smart woman interested.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

Maybe. But trust me, my sister would tell people bad (and I believe untrue) crap about me - but she's super self-absorbed and overall not a very nice person, and I'm one of her least favorite people on the planet. Sisters have weird relationships sometimes. 

Tell me about it.  I have two, and it’s either talking or not talking.  Ridiculous.

On 10/15/2021 at 10:11 PM, evansmom10 said:

Bao has been desperate for Johnny since college, and just sits there with a pouty face while he verbally abuses her.  These experts are crazy to even think they could make it.  They care more about their reputation than Bao’s happiness.

• Love 3