Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E13: Tears, Jeers, and 25 Cent Martinis

• Start Topic

With Decision Day looming, the spouses meet with the experts to discuss unanswered questions about their marriages.  One wife shows up less than sober, one husband ends up in tears, and another reveals that he's never been attracted to his wife at all.

Airs Wednesday, Oct 13 at 8:00PM EDT.

As always this is a spoiler-free thread. If it did not happen yet, please do not discuss.

• Love 1

I’m sort of surprised they let Myrla do her chat with Dr. Pepper while she was so hammered. Even by the time she met up with Gil, she still seemed tipsy.  I guess it’s low risk, since they appear so happy and stable. 

Oh, and since Gil didn’t bring up sex when Pastor Cal asked if there were any questions he would need answered before Decision Day, it’s possible that they are intimate but not telling? Otherwise, it feels obvious he would have answered, “Yeah, what if we aren’t compatible in the bedroom since we haven’t done that yet.”

Edited by Cancun
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, Dakisela said:

And how she SITS there as he says those awful things to her face!  I just can't imagine what it would take to do that!

Right? If she were saying those things to him, he’d curl up in a ball sobbing. Self-entitled prick.

• Love 14

Johnny said he knew 15 years ago that he wasn't attracted to Bao, so maybe she stalked him and he ghosted her.  I suspect there's a lot more to this story; hence, Johnny's outright dislike of her.  Bao's not as innocent as she tries to portray, and I wonder about those three engagements, too.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 9

Ryan and myrla deserve each other .. they’re both so depressing … always complaining .. never happy … they want everything their way and there’s no compromise with them …. Myrla just wants some simp that will do everything she wants and won’t press her to try new things … Gil is annoying too … he knows EVERYTHING just ask him … he has all the answers and seems to talk down to the other couples all in all is a simp behind closed doors

johnny is a piece a shit who’s just being a dick to get Bao to run that way he can say “ well I tried but she ran” he’s a self centered d bag … it’s either his way or he pouts ….

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Dr Pepper  doesn’t get it.  Zach is terrified of Michaela for good reason and she acts like he should say yes on decision day and it’s his fault Michaela is Hurricane Kay. 

I'd be afraid of her, too!! She goes OFF! I don't blame him for getting out of there.

• Love 15
16 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Well that's interesting.  I didn't know Jose had been married before.

Did I miss something?  I thought he was in a long term relationship with a woman who had a couple of kids, but not married.  

• Love 11

At this point I have no hope for any of these couples. Maybe and a big maybe Myrla/Gil and Jose/ Rachel might make it.

Johnny is just awful and dick. Michaela has anger issues. Brett and Ryan just hanging in there for the paycheck. This will be a forgettable season for me. 

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Tipsy Myrla is delightful. Can we swap her out for Jamie Otis, on the condition that she has a couple of those 25 cent martinis before filming?

I’m sort of surprised they let Myrla do her chat with Dr. Pepper while she was so hammered. Even by the time she met up with Gil, she still seemed tipsy.  I guess it’s low risk, since they appear so happy and stable. 

Where has drunk Myrla been all season??? Drunk Myrla is charming. My only regret is that Gil is missing out on Drunk Myrla. I think he would like her too!

• LOL 5
  • Love 14
7 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

If the previews are any indication of Michaela’s regular MO, I surprised she hasn’t been in legal trouble or she will be if she doesn’t cool it. 

That was truly hard to watch. How do the other couples stay after that? I would be making a break for it to evacuate Hurricane Kay.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’ve had more productive conversations with my wood stove than the “conversations” Brett has with Ryan. 

And she’s just as guilty of not asking the questions of him that are needed as he is.  Are you attracted to me or not? What type of person did you want to be matched with? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I found Brett’s chat with Ryan’s sister Alexa very informative.  Alexa said that “maybe” now that they are back in Houston, her brother is reminded of someone else.  She was clearly insinuating that his heart might be elsewhere. I have a feeling Ryan told her something that she didn’t want to reveal.  In a way, I don’t feel sorry for Brett. When Ryan begged her for feedback, she just sat there and looked at him.

So let me see if I understand this.  Zach told Michaela that if “today” was D-day he would say “No”.  However, he wants them to keep sleeping in the same bed.  Yeah.  No.

The fact that Gil didn't inform Pastor Cal that they weren't being intimate, led me to believe that they are and that they made a pact to keep it a secret. 

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I found Brett’s chat with Ryan’s sister Alexa very informative.  Alexa said that “maybe” now that they are back in Houston, her brother is reminded of someone else.  She was clearly insinuating that his heart might be elsewhere. I have a feeling Ryan told her something that she didn’t want to reveal.  In a way, I don’t feel sorry for Brett. When Ryan begged her for feedback, she didn't say nada.

So let me see if I understand this.  Zach told Michaela that if “today” was D-day he would say “No”.  However, he wants them to keep sleeping in the same bed.  Yeah.  No.

The fact that Gil didn't inform Pastor Cal that they weren't being intimate, led me to believe that they are and that they made a pact to keep it a secret. 

Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if Ryan is already seeing this person. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 12

Watching unfiltered with the three most self absorbed yet clueless cast members, Michaela. Johnny and Vivianna.  Michaela and Johnny have the least knowledge of themselves and their faults of anyone on this season.  Ryan and Myrla at least admit their flaws. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 14
11 minutes ago, buttersister said:

Johnny just now on Unfiltered: She [Bao] was listening to my words, not my intent.

Fuck all the way off, Johnny.

Yeah, what does that even mean?

Unrelated to your post:

Bao is no angel and a bit underhanded and irritating but she is good about communicating without being hateful to him. Cheerleader Boa is even more annoying. Her little “how you like me now” outfit did nothing for Johnny. 
I don’t think Michaela or Myrla are too crazy about her.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, TheBride said:

I'm not seeing a lot of success in these couples. Maybe one couple: Myrla and Gil may stay together.

Something about her bothers me   Her silliness when inebriated is more annoying than cute. Gil is not having it.  I feel sorry for her.  Growing up in negativity is a hard habit to break.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Johnny said he knew 15 years ago that he wasn't attracted to Bao, so maybe she stalked him and he ghosted her.  I suspect there's a lot more to this story; hence, Johnny's outright dislike of her.  Bao's not as innocent as she tries to portray, and I wonder about those three engagements, too.  

I listened closely and I'm pretty sure Johnny said "after our one date" he knew Bao wasn't for him, so that's when I think he ghosted her.  I theorized weeks ago here on the board that they had to have dated for him to "ghost" her in text messages when she suggested getting together again.  It didn't make sense that they only knew each other peripherally from college associations.

What I want to know is how Bao ever thought that if he didn't like her enough to ghost her 15 years ago that his feelings were somehow going to change now.  I guess hope springs eternal, but if that were me I would have had a completely different attitude toward the relationship.  I'd have acted a little more like Myrla at first in that I would have eased in really slowly and not jumped into the deep end of the pool and kept a skeptical attitude to see where his feelings were going first before letting myself get hurt a second time.  I think she liked him a lot and still had unfinished business with him going into this that prevented her from being that detached for that long.

25 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

Johnny is such an ass. So now we know..he wasn’t attracted to her in college, he’s not attracted now.  Good luck finding a wife that meets all your requirements and can deal with your assholeness Johnny!

I think Johnny is a class A misogynist.  A cruel one too.  I feel sorry for Bao having to keep up the classy act while he acts like an asshole to her.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Watching unfiltered with the three most self absorbed yet clueless cast members, Michaela. Johnny and Vivianna.  Michaela and Johnny have the least knowledge of themselves and their faults of anyone on this season.  Ryan and Myrla at least admit their flaws. 

I asked my husband who was worse, Ryan or Johnny and we both said Johnny, because he is cruel and has zero self awareness.  Plus it's all about him all the time and he couldn't care less about Bao's feelings.  At least Ryan is aware of his faults and knows he needs to work stuff out.  He takes responsibility even if he doesn't know enough about himself yet to change it.  He is at least trying in earnest and concerned about hurting Brett's feelings.  Johnny is still blaming a woman for all of his difficulties when it's clearly all HIM.  What an immature and SELFISH ass.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Johnny is ridiculous.  Bao is supposed to satisfy his every need and wish and he doesn’t care about hers. Last week he wanted to be wooed now he wants her to back off and just be friendly.   Whiplash 

And he’s a pro gaslighter. How can he sit there (on Unfiltered) and watch that clip of all the mean things he’s said to Bao’s face on camera and claim that she’s fake & different when it’s just the two of them (which, conveniently, can NOT be proven/disproven)? Then he has the gall to complain that Bao runs him down to the other wives (backed up by ever-so-stable & judgmental Michaela, chiming in with “all the time”)! Don’t be an ass & she won’t TELL people you’re an ass, Johnny! So she has to put up with your crap AND keep it to herself? No sir. 

• Love 23
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

And she’s just as guilty of not asking the questions of him that are needed as he is.  Are you attracted to me or not? What type of person did you want to be matched with? 

I wanted to slap Brett for not being more to the point with Ryan like Cal told her to be.  Cal is like a stopped clock, he's at least right twice a day.  This time he was right to tell her to ask him those questions point-blank, but she wasn't brave enough to do it.  Instead she put on her velvet gloves and wimped her way through some malted milk version, giving him a way to wimp out ONCE again.  The two of them are wimps, dancing around the inevitable.  Someone please put them in a room and slap their heads together, it's making me nuts!

Edited by Yeah No
Sorry, awful typo!
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

I found Brett’s chat with Ryan’s sister Alexa very informative.  Alexa said that “maybe” now that they are back in Houston, her brother is reminded of someone else.  She was clearly insinuating that his heart might be elsewhere. I have a feeling Ryan told her something that she didn’t want to reveal.  In a way, I don’t feel sorry for Brett. When Ryan begged her for feedback, she didn't say nada. 

Yeah, I saw that too.  If your own very thoughtful sister won't cover for you, that's a bad sign.  She knows what he's up to and is putting Brett's feelings ahead of his.  Pastor Cal accused Johnny of having "divided attention" but I think he missed the more obvious one here.  Ryan has been clearly preoccupied and mentally/emotionally somewhere else since day one of this marriage.  At first people thought it was over his friend who died but I think it's more likely another woman.  I don't understand how Brett hasn't nailed him to the wall over all of this.  She is an unbelievable, voluntary doormat.  Is she afraid she's going to lose him?  She never even HAD him so what's to lose?

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I don’t think Johnny heard a thing Dr Pepper had to say.   the minute Bao speaks up for herself he’s hateful.  

Yep. He said something like “I agree with all of Dr. Pepper’s advice . . . IF I CAN GET BAO TO GO ALONG. Putting advice to HIM about his communication style on her . . . OK. 

I thought it was funny Ryan was scared to talk to Dr. Pepper because she’d call him out. Also enlightening that he said he had a switch in feelings AFTER THE SESSION WITH DR. VIVIANA. Sounds about right - I know their issues are not her fault, but she could counsel the happiest couple to the brink of divorce. Why didn’t Brett speak candidly with him, as advised? She (rightly) criticizes Ryan for not being forthright, but she’s just as bad. And his sis was gently trying to give Brett the 411.

Zack, Bao & Rachel need to cut their losses and move on. Tempers, cruelty & rage this early on & publicly/on TV do NOT bode well for behavior “after the cameras go away.”

Myrla & Gil seems well-adjusted and open to talk about their issues. I think Myrla will be less critical and negative (and more social & SOCIABLE) as she feels more secure with Gil and in general. It was touching when she got emotional when talking about her happiness - or was it the margaritas talking? LOL

Edited by ChiMama
  • Like 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, TheBride said:

Johnny has to get OUT of his head!!! He's thinking himself into a frenzy...all the time!

He is out of his head - with rage.  After this episode, I don’t think he’s safe.  A total narcissist.  

4 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Michaela is batshit crazy.  Zack is a hot, bawling mess.  Neither one would be attractive to anyone watching this show.

I haven’t given up on Michaela. The producers truly guide storyline for effect. Still watching show and now in some silly disagreement with Zack she’s just ‘splainin’ her view to camera. I’m okay with that.  The Bickersons.  They both need to chill out. Michaela is the most insecure bride I’ve seen of MAFS ever I think. 

3 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Johnny is not someone I can take. I can hardly watch the show when he is on.  He is mean and lacks insight.

He’s sick.  Scary.  Run, Bao, run!

3 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Pastor Cal is a chauvinist. Here is is asking Rachel what SHE can do so José don’t shut her out! I beg your pardon? She was right to say she’ll walk if it happens again and it WILL happen again. Cal was looking disapprovingly at her when she said that. 
José only wants to be a good provider IF it’s something HE wants her to have. 

I think they’ll make it.  Really both common sense people .  I see Jose trying. They both want it.  And I think Pastor Cal is best expert. He nails it in my opinion.   He’s real.  

2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Dr Pepper  doesn’t get it.  Zach is terrified of Michaela for good reason and she acts like he should say yes on decision day and it’s his fault Michaela is Hurricane Kay. 

I can’t wait to find out what all the wild weather is about.  I never trust what I see in previews. 

1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Welp, just as I predicted, it didn’t take long for the “new” Michaela to go back to her borderline personality disorder roots. And Zack needs to lay off the estrogen because, stop crying, FFS!

Johnny needs to just leave. Like right now. And he can take his little tank tops with him along with his tiny bird chest. He is an enormous douchebag. Whatever problems he might have with Bao, she deserves to be treated with some common courtesy. Johnny is a rage-aholic and just the tiniest scratch of the surface sets him off. Yeah, no thanks. That’s not good marriage material. Trust me, I know.

I’ve had more productive conversations with my wood stove than the “conversations” Brett has with Ryan. 

Agree on all but still have hope for Michaela.  I like her. 

1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

I think Brett is dishonest. She cannot risk hearing the answer to the question she was supposed to ask Ryan.  I retract my comment re Michael most insecure.  Brett gets the oscar. 

Not sure who is crazier, Johnny or Chris from last year.  I am very sorry for Bao.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Welp, just as I predicted, it didn’t take long for the “new” Michaela to go back to her borderline personality disorder roots. And Zack needs to lay off the estrogen because, stop crying, FFS!

Yeah, we didn't even need the previews to see that hurricane coming right into the Gulf headed straight for Houston, did we?  She was on her best behavior for a couple of weeks but that kind of crazy can't keep up the act for too long before coming out again.  She is on and off again so fast coming out of nowhere that no one could ever keep up with it.  I don't know how the producers think it's safe to put volatile, unpredictable people like this on the show.  One of these days someone is going to get hurt.  She's the kind to stalk someone, key their car, bully their new girlfriend months or years later, meanwhile acting like she wishes them no harm and all the best.  Don't they realize there's a very real danger with some of these people?  They have been lucky that no one's gotten really hurt yet.  Michaela is so far gone I actually worry for Zach's safety even after the show is over, even if they go their separate ways on decision day.  She'll be baaaaaaaaack!!! 🤯

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

If the previews are any indication of Michaela’s regular MO, I surprised she hasn’t been in legal trouble or she will be if she doesn’t cool it. 

That was truly hard to watch. How do the other couples stay after that? I would be making a break for it to evacuate Hurricane Kay.

Very scary! That Exorcist-style exit from the sectional when she & Zack were talking? And the rave out and destruction in the common area in the middle of the night? Whoa. I did get a chuckle out of all the shots of Bao peeking through a crack in the door to watch though . . . LOL

3FEBB6FC-3517-4179-A2A9-3D7DCA0D17A2.jpeg

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I think Johnny is a class A misogynist. 

narcissist I and misogynist   I haven’t seen anything that bothers me about Bao.  Nobody’s perfect.  She’s smart, fun-loving, professional and managerial, attractive and insightful.  So sorry she ended up with rage-a-holic . 

• Love 12