Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: September 28, 2021

JenE4
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, DEL901 said:

He clearly violated the BIP rule book and will be banished accordingly.  This has been quite the season of rule breakers.  They are going to need to turn one of the Boom Boom rooms into a holding cell.  

This is like 1984 or the Truman Show--everyone has drunk the Koolaid and lord forbid anyone shows any agency or breaks a rule of any kind!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Alright, now I feel bad for calling Ed a brunette Johnny Bravo. He was actually really sweet. I’m rooting for these two. Sorry, Natasha. She’s like the female Aaron. Somehow the two of them “get their hearts broken” every damn week, but they’re still here.

Cue Elaine Stritch and that song from FOLLIES!

• LOL 3

This show shouldn't pressure people to get engaged at the end of BIP.   Wells should just say, "Glad it its working for you two, now its time to have Skype dates, or take a Greyhound bus/plane to see each other again- take care!"  

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
spelling
  • Love 15

Abigail has no emotion whatsoever.   I wonder if she has had work done one her face as it looks so tight.   I think they both “like” each other and in real life they might have met at a bar and dated for a few months but there is no passion there to sustain this into a long distance relationship and Noah is realizing that.  If he is laying next to her and saying I’m falling in love and she gives nothing in return, what will it be like when they are hundreds or thousands of miles apart.  I didn’t like Noah on his season but I think he is actually a good guy.  

I oddly like Thomas and Becca together and can see them maybe having a good time after this.  I also like Tia and Aaron together,  I agree with a  previous poster that they both have funny, sarcastic personalities. I could almost  see Tia, Becca, Aaron and Thomas having some fun double dates when this is all over.  

Kennys girlfriend (forget her name) is just boring.  She’s 15 years younger than him but looks and acts older than he is.  I can’t believe she is only 25.  A lot of these contestants act way too immature, but she just acts old. 

I like Serena and Joe but she is young and if she lives in Canada, that could be tough with the pandemic.  And where do these people get all this money to fly around to see each other all the time? 

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, Katie111 said:

Abigail has no emotion whatsoever.   I wonder if she has had work done one her face as it looks so tight.   I think they both “like” each other and in real life they might have met at a bar and dated for a few months but there is no passion there to sustain this into a long distance relationship and Noah is realizing that.  If he is laying next to her and saying I’m falling in love and she gives nothing in return, what will it be like when they are hundreds or thousands of miles apart.  I didn’t like Noah on his season but I think he is actually a good guy.  

I oddly like Thomas and Becca together and can see them maybe having a good time after this.  I also like Tia and Aaron together,  I agree with a  previous poster that they both have funny, sarcastic personalities. I could almost  see Tia, Becca, Aaron and Thomas having some fun double dates when this is all over.  

Kennys girlfriend (forget her name) is just boring.  She’s 15 years younger than him but looks and acts older than he is.  I can’t believe she is only 25.  A lot of these contestants act way too immature, but she just acts old. 

I like Serena and Joe but she is young and if she lives in Canada, that could be tough with the pandemic.  And where do these people get all this money to fly around to see each other all the time? 

Except that Thomas is Aaron’s “arch-nemesis.” I don’t know what kind of grown-ass man has an enemy, but there it is. 🤷‍♀️ 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I am watching the show delayed, and what is the point of the SNAKES??  What would happen if someone refused?  Because I know I would say, no, do NOT put a snake on me!

Good question!  Snakes seem to be taking over TV.  I have a snake phobia and would have immediately puked on the spot and had a panic attack.  Very romantic!

What's up with the awful dates?  They're either violent or gross.  The roller skating one was cute, so clearly they can come up with better ideas!

• Love 8

I’m sorry but it is really time to retire this version of Boring In Paradise.  It’s become all too repetitive and the shenanigans are out of control both by the contestants and by the producers.  Are we really to take seriously that it was Ivan who was forced to leave because he talked to another contestant before she came to THE BEACH who was sent home with all of the plotting and planning that clearly takes place.  And it was really lousy for McKenna (yay Ed) but what is going to happen when they bring someone in when there are only a few days left?  

The inbred character of this set up reminds me of the European aristocracy—and we know how well that ended up.  They could bring RuPaul in to host and it wouldn’t save this sleep fest.

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

They could bring RuPaul in to host and it wouldn’t save this sleep fest.

They should've contracted David Spade for the whole season. That might've made it more interesting.

• Love 17

One small moment that made me laugh was when Chelsea and Anna were “practicing” slow dancing and Abigail walked up to them. 

Anna: We’re practicing. 
Abigail: Save room for Jesus. Shoves them apart. 
Chelsea: How big IS he?  Damn!

• LOL 6
14 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

Apparently Ivan had to leave the show because he broke the quarantine rules, but they didn't really explain that so it just sounded like they were all traumatized by him hooking up with a girl.

How did he break quarantine? I assume Alexa was in the hotel in quarantine in preparation for showing up on the beach.

Usually I am all for the drama, but this season it has been too much producer manipulation. Why ask people who they want to meet and then purposefully keep them apart? Don't they want more "love stories" to promote so they can crow about how their process works? Yes I know - drama - but I think there would be plenty of organic drama if they let things play out.

Overall this season has just irritated me. Too many self-righteous people on the beach spouting off about the rules, too many producer induced shenanigans.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
14 minutes ago, OldWiseOne said:

How did he break quarantine? I assume Alexa was in the hotel in quarantine in preparation for showing up on the beach.

Usually I am all for the drama, but this season it has been too much producer manipulation. Why ask people who they want to meet and then purposefully keep them apart? Don't they want more "love stories" to promote so they can crow about how their process works? Yes I know - drama - but I think there would be plenty of organic drama if they let things play out.

Overall this season has just irritated me. Too many self-righteous people on the beach spouting off about the rules, too many producer induced shenanigans.

It wasn’t even during quarantine. It was literally the night before he got kicked off the show, when they brought everyone off the beach because of the hurricane coming and they were all at some other hotel. They could have brought Alexa in the next day. Hell, they could have made for some real good TV and brought Alexa in right that minute: So you’re kissing Chelsea now when last night you were sweet talking me from your balcony?! That was really ridiculous. But I guess the show made a big point about making sure nothing exciting happened at that other hotel because they weren’t filming it?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Abigail is cute, but she comes off as very church girly-- scared to do or say anything that might look improper. In the beginning of the season, Noah complained that Abigail refused his advances. And all we really see them do is lay next to each other, looking up in the air, with Noah's arms behind his head, and legs straight out, and Abigail next to him with a leg sometimes over his and the rest of her body away from him. I feel like he is just laying there waiting for her to cuddle with him or give him a kiss.

Then there is Noah that does not move his head, or mouth or blink when he talks. It's like he has a bunch of marbles in his mouth and loses his train of thought after a few sentences. 

Maybe I heard wrong, but did Noah not tell Abigail two times that he was falling in love with her, and each time she said nothing back? She said something that he said it so fast it didn't register until way later.  So he just said it, and then continued to lay there? I mean, could have said, "hey did you hear me? I said I'm falling in love with you. What do you think?" Very wierd. It's like they are 6th graders and being chaperoned.

So Aaron passed over McKenna for Chelsea, and then passed over Chelsea for Tia once he realized that James and Ana were working out? What a game of cards.

• Love 3

I really liked Abigail and Noah together- they were a gorgeous couple.  I think that Abigail handled the breakup well and she rightfully was confused by Noah telling her he was falling for her and then ending things the next day. The expectations of BIP producers to have fantasy suites/engagements by the end of the show  must have weighed heavily on Noah's conscience and he decided to call it off rather than going through with things and leading her on.  The BIP is such an unrealistic and toxic pressure cooker of forced bonds and accelerated feelings and I'm glad that Abigail and Noah both treaded lightly and kept their wits about them- their guarded and slow/steady dynamic is much more believable to me than a lot of these fame whore cast members spouting out "I'm falling for you" as casually as ordering a meal at a diner.  

• Love 2

Ivan "just happened" to see a producer's phone?  

Really?

How many of us just leave a phone around, with a schedule on the front screen?  Without a locking password?  And who touches another person's phone?

Ivan had obviously made it clear, well in advance, that he was into Alexa.  Production decides to bring her in last, hoping Ivan would have already made a connection with someone else.  They'd have had the "Ivan's really into Alexa, but he's formed another connection" storyline.

They had no idea he'd never have formed connections with anyone, but I digress.  

So Ivan goes after Chelsea to get her rose, in anticipation of Alexa's arrival.  Ivan lies about it, saying Chelsea approached him, then gaslights Chelsea (yeah, I used that word) when Chelsea calls him on it.

Then, production obviously tipped Ivan off at the hotel.  "Um, hey Ivan, I'm gonna leave my phone right here, with the schedule showing.  I gotta go pee....will you watch it for me?" or some stupid stunt like that.

Ivan, knowing he's already going home, figures he's got nothing to lose.  Breaks rules, and cue:  Riley.  Hey man, we're better than that.  Riley, Ivan's big brother/dad, gives him the disappointed talk.

I didn't like Riley on his season, but I like him a ton now.

I loved Ivan on his season, but I can't stand him now.

So interesting what happens once we get to know someone.  Like Brendan....ugh, what a jerk he turned out to be.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, OldWiseOne said:

Apparently because he saw Alexa before her specified quarantine time was up. None of them are supposed to interact before they are cleared to come onto the beach. She had to be like, hours away, considering the show is almost over. The whole thing is dumb.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I thought the 80’s prom was fun and liked looking at the outfits. At least it was something different than people lying around the beach. Something seemed off with Aaron suddenly pulling Tia away during the prom. I wonder if it was producer driven so Tia wouldn’t be alone with no attention. Chelsea doesn’t seem interested in the guys or the show so I think she is there for more followers.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Chelsea doesn’t seem interested in the guys or the show so I think she is there for more followers.

It was interesting that Chelsea was not around during the coliseum showdown between Aaron and Ivan.  I wasn’t sure where she was since everyone else was on the beach (do they have a library or botanical garden that we don’t know about?).  But except for the fact that Ivan claimed she had asked him to talk she didn’t seem to care about what happened.  Just that she didn’t look bad.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I thought the 80’s prom was fun and liked looking at the outfits. At least it was something different than people lying around the beach. Something seemed off with Aaron suddenly pulling Tia away during the prom. I wonder if it was producer driven so Tia wouldn’t be alone with no attention. Chelsea doesn’t seem interested in the guys or the show so I think she is there for more followers.

I'm glad you said that. I had that icky feeling that, as a POC with natural hair Chelsea would be overlooked because she wasn't the commercially pretty talent, but she really hasn't put much effort into anything regarding and relationship. And she did wipe  her mouth after Aaron kisses, which was sort of telling. She spends a lot of time gaping, looking annoyed, and rolling her eyes without actually doing anything to understand the situation.  Then again, to me, she looks super young, so I'm not sure how much dating experience she has either. She would be benefitted by upping her game in general. 

We see what no effort did for Abigail and Noah. 

Regarding Aaron-- he saw the opportunity with sad Tia to take advantage of the opportunity and he did. I'm kind of impressed to be honest. (Though he would be a nightmare to have to deal with in real life).

• Love 4
22 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Thank God, I can go back to rolling my eyes at Aaron again, I hated him having the moral highroad for half a second. 

Joe and Serena, the obvious choice. 

Now if we really want to make this like prom, someone needs to have a loud argument with their date, several girls need to be in stalls crying, someone needs to pour booze into the punch, and at least a few couples need to try to get to second base out back. 

Wells poured booze into the punch!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

This episode made me think about how Twitter was yelling for Abigail to be the Bachelorette after Matt's season, only for her to have the personality of burnt toast on BiP. Producers even teed her up for the engagement arc of the season if she wanted it, only for her and Noah to sulk on the beach like bored teens all season. She doesn't seem to be emotionally available at all. She showed more emotion about 80s prom than anything Noah has said or done. Her blank, silent stare into space after Noah said he was falling in love with her was bizarre. You could tell by the way he was crying during his breakup speech (which I totally wasn't expecting and found surprisingly moving) that he really cared for her. I think the whole "I realized you weren't my person" (bleh) excuse is him trying to be nice and blame himself, but also a reaction out of the sheer embarrassment of putting yourself out there for weeks with zero reaction. And appropriately, she just stares at him while he pours his heart out.

A good example of 1) how edits aren't necessarily an accurate portrayal of someone's personality (look at ex-fandom darling Brendan, a fucking asshole, vs. "villain" Thomas, who turned out to be a pretty nice, normal dude on the wrong end of a bullshit clique war) and 2) why Twitter shouldn't dictate casting.

• Love 20

Awww Ed. He seems like such a sweetheart (can’t remember what I thought of him when he was on The Bachelorette/could have been the complete opposite).

Also, he looks like the perfect mix of John Cusack and Jason Biggs.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

This episode made me think about how Twitter was yelling for Abigail to be the Bachelorette after Matt's season, only for her to have the personality of burnt toast on BiP. Producers even teed her up for the engagement arc of the season if she wanted it, only for her and Noah to sulk on the beach like bored teens all season. She doesn't seem to be emotionally available at all. She showed more emotion about 80s prom than anything Noah has said or done. Her blank, silent stare into space after Noah said he was falling in love with her was bizarre. You could tell by the way he was crying during his breakup speech (which I totally wasn't expecting and found surprisingly moving) that he really cared for her. I think the whole "I realized you weren't my person" (bleh) excuse is him trying to be nice and blame himself, but also a reaction out of the sheer embarrassment of putting yourself out there for weeks with zero reaction. And appropriately, she just stares at him while he pours his heart out.

A good example of 1) how edits aren't necessarily an accurate portrayal of someone's personality (look at ex-fandom darling Brendan, a fucking asshole, vs. "villain" Thomas, who turned out to be a pretty nice, normal dude on the wrong end of a bullshit clique war) and 2) why Twitter shouldn't dictate casting.

I think we can all agree that it sucks to not really be into someone who's crazy about you, then be stuck on a show for a number of weeks pretending  to be interested in each other. As has been mentioned before, most of these people are on the show just to push their own  site for more followers on YouTube or Instagram etc.  If by chance, some of them find true love and marry, best wishes to them. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

I think we can all agree that it sucks to not really be into someone who's crazy about you, then be stuck on a show for a number of weeks pretending  to be interested in each other. As has been mentioned before, most of these people are on the show just to push their own  site for more followers on YouTube or Instagram etc.  If by chance, some of them find true love and marry, best wishes to them. 

This is all true.  But she did have chances to give her rose to other people.  It’s one thing to just float and find people who you can stay on the show with.  But if she knew (and I’m not saying that I’m sure she did) that he was really into her and she was meh about him, I’m not sure how different it was than what the demons Brendan and Chris did,

• Love 3

I doubt any of the other guys on the show had any better qualities or character than what she already had with Noah. Maybe she felt he was the easiest to hang with without a shitload of drama that usually accompanies most guys in their 20's like shit magnets. We sure saw  that come out with Aaron and Ivan,lol. 

Edited by One4Sorrow2TooBad
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

I doubt any of the other guys on the show had any better qualities or character than what she already had with Noah. Maybe she felt he was the easiest to hang with without a shitload of drama that usually accompanies most guys in their 20's like shit magnets. We suresaw  that come out with Aaron and Ivan,lol. 

I wasn’t suggesting that there were better choices in terms of compatibility just that it was clear that he was much more into her than she was to him.  At the point when someone is showing you that and you don’t feel it but keep exchanging roses I’m not sure it’s that different than the people who got the pitchforks and torches.  Whether she was unsure who knows.  But if she wasn’t.,.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

I wasn’t suggesting that there were better choices in terms of compatibility just that it was clear that he was much more into her than she was to him.  At the point when someone is showing you that and you don’t feel it but keep exchanging roses I’m not sure it’s that different than the people who got the pitchforks and torches.  Whether she was unsure who knows.  But if she wasn’t.,.

I actually agree with you.  At some point, Abigail had to have realized that Noah was actually falling in love with her.  Now, if she wasn’t feeling it, I don’t see why she couldn’t get that message across.  They’re not miked out in the ocean, so take him for a swim and let him down gently…”Look, I’m just here to have fun/gain followers, so let’s keep it cool, and play the game.”  That at least would have let Noah have options outside of falling for someone who had no interest in him at all, despite allowing him to believe she did.

• Love 4

Abigail told Noah on day 1, their first date, that she takes things slow, is hard to open up, and has a tendency to friend-zone guys. She did not lie! Abigail ended up acting in exact accordance as she said she would. I guess Noah—and maybe even she—just assumed “the magic of the process” would completely change the core of her emotional unavailability. It did not. If someone is that closed off, it might take losing a really important relationship to make them work on themself. Is Noah that special to be her “rock bottom”? Eh, probably not. But the fact that this all played out on TV might be enough to get herself into therapy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Rumor has it that Noah 

Spoiler

and Abigail are still together, just not engaged, and that producers forced the breakup for a storyline.  If  so, Noah’s a pretty good actor, because I sure believed his pain.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Thomas has been drama camera free since hooking up with Becca-- maybe he is fame chasing, as if he keeps a relationship with her, he will certainly be presense at a lot of ABC events. Becca also seems very interested in publicity, so IMO, Thomas is capitalizing on that. Personally, I think he's an opportunist slug who happens to have the means to hire to a publicist as he is fame hungry. (Tammy was his most realistic choice as she was turned on by his bad-boy rep. Thomas is definitely not the ABC poster boy that Becca is looking for).

Abigail and Noah are both very sweet compared to who they have been around. That said, they may need to adopt a personality if they want to keep their "fame" going any longer and for future shows. I now only not see it working out with them, I see it not working out for ABC shows in the future.

• Love 1
On 9/29/2021 at 12:25 AM, SassyCat said:

Abigail is a coward. A cruel one at that. So she has this angelic face with zilch expression. Shes no angel. Noah was just trying to protect his own breaking heart when he said he doesn’t know where this relationship is going, where or how it will end because he is unsure of his feelings at this point. Who wouldn’t be with her? What kind of sureness about anything could he possibly feel at this point? He has been nothing but completely devoted to her since the moment he walked down those steps and she can’t tell him what she’s feeling after weeks of smooching it up like lovebirds and being seen as one of the most strong couples there?

She jumped on him telling her when he spoke about his unsureness like she had a perfect opening to tell him how hurt she feels because he said that after what he said last night, ripping off her corsage as a symbol of her anger at him that he dared to have doubts that SHE created in his now breaking heart, leaving him crying. She is a coward for not telling him that it is she, and always was her that has, and now looks like HAD those doubts all along. She just was too cowardly to tell him that she just wasn’t that into him. Here was her opportunity to turn it all on him to try and make HIM look like the bad guy. Gaslighting 101. Shes a dick.

Its always those shy, quiet, meek kind that are the worst stabbers in the back. I don’t care what her outward appearance of sweet loveliness projects. Its fake. And so is she. I could deal with her rejection of Noah if she was the slightest bit honest about it, but she is not. She’d rather leave him there crying, broken hearted, completely confused than take any responsibility AT ALL. Aww poor victim Abigail. Noah didn’t grovel on his knees, begging for you to love him back. How dare he! 

Edited by Maximadc

With regard to the Ivan/Chelsea who-pulled-whom situation, I can see from Ivan’s perspective that he thought Chelsea pulled him.

He was at the bar.   Chelsea came up and said “Hi.”  Ivan said, “Do you want to go talk?”  Chelsea said “Yes.”  (Or did she say “Sure” —- it makes a difference.)  And then Ivan said, “Good, I wanted to talk to you.”

It could be that Ivan misinterpreted her “Hi” as something more than casual. The main linguistic confusion is with his question, “Do you want to go talk.”  This utterance is commonly interpreted as an invitation by him.  But secondarily and more importantly in this context, it could be that he was asking, confirming with her if it was her intention to ask HIM to go talk.  The key would be whether she responded “Yes” or “Sure.”  If she responded “Yes,” then I can absolutely see that he thought that she pulled him.  Particularly, his later reply, “Good, I wanted to talk to you” indicates that he did not feel in control of the invitation conversation.

Edited by Just Carol
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2
On 9/29/2021 at 8:40 AM, JudyObscure said:

Ed not only did a nice thing but he looked cute in his orange tux.

He was so much more animated and lively when he was talking to McKenna.  I actually thought he looked cute when he smiled.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Just Carol said:

With regard to the Ivan/Chelsea who-pulled-whom situation, I can see from Ivan’s perspective that he thought Chelsea pulled him.

He was at the bar.   Chelsea came up and said “Hi.”  Ivan said, “Do you want to go talk?”  Chelsea said “Yes.”  (Or did she say “Sure” —- it makes a difference.)  And then Ivan said, “Good, I wanted to talk to you.”

It could be that Ivan misinterpreted her “Hi” as something more than casual. The main linguistic confusion is with his question, “Do you want to go talk.”  This utterance is commonly interpreted as an invitation by him.  But secondarily and more importantly in this context, it could be that he was asking, confirming with her if it was her intention to ask HIM to go talk.  The key would be whether she responded “Yes” or “Sure.”  If she responded “Yes,” then I can absolutely see that he thought that she pulled him.  Particularly, his later reply, “Good, I wanted to talk to you” indicates that he did not feel in control of the invitation conversation.

However, if he genuinely believed that Chelsea pulled him, then he would have been absolutely fine with that being his interpretation, and he would have simply explained that interpretation to Chelsea.  But that is not what he did at all.  When he went to talk to Chelsea, and she confronted him about the fact that everyone told her that Ivan said she pulled him, he said to her "I did not say 'Chelsea pulled me'".  That was a lie, but one that he felt he could reasonably tell her because she wasn't there when he was talking to those people, so she couldn't know for sure.   He wouldn't have needed to deny it, if it was 'true' in the sense that he believed it based on his interpretation.

However, what he couldn't lie about, is what Chelsea would know for sure.  So he then said to her "First of all, I definitely pulled you."  He knew that it had been a lie when he told all the other people the exact opposite, but that is the one lie he couldn't maintain with Chelsea because she was there.  He then added that he told people that "Chelsea had an interest in me that I did not know was there."  Which is another lie.  Also, if he had genuinely believed that Chelsea pulled him, he wouldn't have had the deer in the headlights look when Chelsea asked him about it, nor would he have been stumbling so much as he tried to explain it.  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

However, if he genuinely believed that Chelsea pulled him, then he would have been absolutely fine with that being his interpretation, and he would have simply explained that interpretation to Chelsea.  But that is not what he did at all.  When he went to talk to Chelsea, and she confronted him about the fact that everyone told her that Ivan said she pulled him, he said to her "I did not say 'Chelsea pulled me'".  That was a lie, but one that he felt he could reasonably tell her because she wasn't there when he was talking to those people, so she couldn't know for sure.   He wouldn't have needed to deny it, if it was 'true' in the sense that he believed it based on his interpretation.

However, what he couldn't lie about, is what Chelsea would know for sure.  So he then said to her "First of all, I definitely pulled you."  He knew that it had been a lie when he told all the other people the exact opposite, but that is the one lie he couldn't maintain with Chelsea because she was there.  He then added that he told people that "Chelsea had an interest in me that I did not know was there."  Which is another lie.  Also, if he had genuinely believed that Chelsea pulled him, he wouldn't have had the deer in the headlights look when Chelsea asked him about it, nor would he have been stumbling so much as he tried to explain it.  

Right, yes. Thanks.

On 10/4/2021 at 10:20 AM, LuvMyShows said:

Yeah, he definitely got shifty about it when it became clear that the stories were clashing in a way he couldn't talk himself out of. He hasn't come across great (and now that we see that production is mad at him, it makes more sense. the edit definitely changed), that cringe-y moment when Kendall was clearly upset about Joe and Serena and tried to make out with her, that was not a great look. 

That being said, I'm way over the weekly tribunals where the whole group gathers and demands that a couple or individual explain themselves. Such a huge deal of things that ultimately weren't even worth a mention.

Abigail told Noah on day 1, their first date, that she takes things slow, is hard to open up, and has a tendency to friend-zone guys. She did not lie! Abigail ended up acting in exact accordance as she said she would. I guess Noah—and maybe even she—just assumed “the magic of the process” would completely change the core of her emotional unavailability. It did not. If someone is that closed off, it might take losing a really important relationship to make them work on themself. Is Noah that special to be her “rock bottom”? Eh, probably not. But the fact that this all played out on TV might be enough to get herself into therapy.

That date got real awkward after she said that, so she kinda tried to backpedal and he made the choice to move forward anyway. Classic case of choosing not to see what's right in front of you.

I do feel like Noah had circled her name in his playbook and came in with a plan to sweep her off her feet with his philosophy about her hearing loss and when it didn't quite catch fire, he charged forward anyway. 

Their body language was always weird and stilted, their conversations were one-sided and always voiced in a completely flat affect, so it really never seemed like it was actually going anywhere. 

The only relationship I truly think is real is Riley and Maurissa. They have actual chemistry that comes through the screen, everyone else seems like a "look what I found" kind of match up. 

Re: Mykenna, she is someone I remember from whatever season she was on just because she was so irritating. The girl was a walking Pinterest quote machine and it seemed like she was more interested in cliches than conversation.

However, I did feel sorry for her awkward situation on arrival, that was a no-win for anyone(unless it was gonna be someone so hot that the coupled-up guys might think twice). 

I didn't think it was quite fair of her to accuse Aaron of "knocking her confidence" by taking her to the side and saying no with context for the no. If he'd said yes, he'd be knocking Chelsea's confidence/insulting her. 

And it was HILARIOUS that even in her lowest moment, she still wasn't on board with going out with Ed. Here is she crying for a lack of someone to take out, someone shows up and she's all "well, not THAT guy..." 

And yet again, Natasha's on the shit end of the stick when Ed makes his grand gesture, so I really think she'd have been better off packing up and cutting her losses immediately after Brendan and Pieper left. Paradise is clearly not her place. 

• Love 7