Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 9/27/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

The infrastructure bill discussion was so frustrating. Unfortunately, Sunny and Joy failed to hit the bull's-eye in combatting Ana, Sara, and Whoopi's attempts to paint this as being the same ol' same ol' moderate v. far left narrative where the far left are crazy upstarts, etc. etc. I would've agreed with the latter usually, but this is not the same as past incidents. The infrastructure bill is not some far left policy, it's Biden (a moderate)'s agenda. Manchin and Synema are the ones in the wrong here, particularly because they previously supported both bills but now have reversed course just to, as Sunny said, stroke their own egos and line their own pockets.

But I loved that Joy called Ana and Whoopi out on their delusion about how secure this country is right now by pointing out that it's not impossible Trump could be president again and who knows if our democracy will withstand those attempts to overthrow it a second time. As she said, Manchin and Synema blocking *anything* from being done, even something as basic as infrastructure, will make that possibility much more feasible.

• Love 10

When they were talking about surprises, it reminded me of that Joan Rivers story where she decided to surprise her husband by taking off all her clothes and wrapping herself in Saran Wrap. Her husband comes home, opens the door and exclaims, “Leftovers, AGAIN?” 😃

• LOL 16
On 9/27/2021 at 6:24 PM, General Days said:

I'm sorry. I conflated your earlier post and Forum Lou's.

Any person can announce they themselves have Covid (or are negative). That's usually how we hear about celebrity cases. They choose to disclose.

Reporters can report that they heard from a source (or from the celebs themselves) that a celeb tested positive.

The problems with what happened on The View include: (1) that executive producer Brian Teta told Joy and Sara what was going on and (2) told Joy to announce tell the studio audience. Then (3) Teta told Joy to announce it on air when they came back from break. As Sonny and Ana's boss, he should have tried harder to protect their privacy.

On the other and, Joy had it right on Friday, when she said, "Since this is going to be a major news story any minute now, what happened is that Sunny and Ana apparently tested positive for COVID."

There's no way it wasn't going to leak. If nothing else, the public had a right to know that, for instance, they didn't clear VP Harris (in particular), and Sunny, and Ana from the stage because of some terrorist threat or something.

The White House or VP's office would have had to explain, "Someone on set tested positive," which is why we did the interview remote, and since Ana and Sunny were hustled off stage, it would be pretty clear that either they were the ones who tested positive, or they were exposed to someone who did, which would have left everyone wondering why Joy and Sara weren't hustled off, and whether the VP is the one who was positive.

Watching Sunny today, I feel like she got an earful from Manny all weekend about this, and that's why she was so upset. I'm sure it was terribly upsetting to everyone, but it was a consequence of doing live TV.

Well said.  Also they were going to have to tell the audience anyway, I assume, as they too were potential exposed.  And i'm sure at least one audience member would have told someone.  I don't know what else they could have done in this situation--just too many variables with the VP there and there's just to many conspiracy theories abound these days to simply pretend nothing was happening.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The infrastructure bill is not some far left policy, it's Biden (a moderate)'s agenda.

Anything moderate looks far left because right is far right and far right is miles beyond that.  

46 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Manchin and Synema are the ones in the wrong here, particularly because they previously supported both bills but now have reversed course just to, as Sunny said, stroke their own egos and line their own pockets.

Manchin is my senator unfortunately and the bill he is against would greatly help my state but he is enjoying being the fly in the ointment because otherwise nobody would pay attention to him and woo his vote.

32 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Biden is a moderate who is slowly being pushed to the left though because his policies are widely popular by all Americans regardless of political affiliation.  Joy and Sunny were on point when they were saying that but the others were being obtuse..

When common sense policies that actually help people are labeled far left you have to wonder is there any hope to end this political divide?  

35 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

What is up with Whoopie's beef with the progressives, I did not appreciate what she said at all.. 

I think Whoopi has always seen herself as someone who was progressive. But now that she sees a younger more progressive movement she feels like she is being shoved aside.  And also her taxes you know.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

When common sense policies that actually help people are labeled far left you have to wonder is there any hope to end this political divide?  

Common sense policies that the majority of Americans actually want!!!

• Love 13
On 9/27/2021 at 9:41 PM, catlover79 said:

Or, they could have said that their tests proved inconclusive. That's one way of giving people an inkling of what was going on without completely compromising Sunny's and Ana's respective privacy.

Since The View falls under ABC News, I don't think they could lie like that, but that still wouldn't have alleviated all the problems (Manny being pulled out of surgery, etc). It also still would have been a violation of their privacy -- saying that they had inconclusive tests is talking about their test results. 

51 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Well said.  Also they were going to have to tell the audience anyway, I assume, as they too were potential exposed.  And i'm sure at least one audience member would have told someone.  I don't know what else they could have done in this situation--just too many variables with the VP there and there's just to many conspiracy theories abound these days to simply pretend nothing was happening.

I'm not sure they would have had to tell the audience. Think about it. Have you been notified when someone at your grocery store tests positive? At least, I don't know what the rules are for TV shows disclosing to their in-studio audience (if there even are any).

What probably should have happened, is the show should have switched over to ABC News, which then should have announced that Covid test results stopped production. The Vice President's office or the White House would have then announced that the Vice President was not exposed to the people in question, but that the interview would be postponed until another time, "out of an abundance of caution."

Nobody was thinking quick enough, but they shouldn't have had to. There should have been a plan in place for just exactly this kind of thing. This is not week two of the pandemic. They have had over a year to plan out quick exits if the hosts (etc) test positive.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, General Days said:

Since The View falls under ABC News, I don't think they could lie like that, but that still wouldn't have alleviated all the problems (Manny being pulled out of surgery, etc). It also still would have been a violation of their privacy -- saying that they had inconclusive tests is talking about their test results. 

I'm not sure they would have had to tell the audience. Think about it. Have you been notified when someone at your grocery store tests positive? At least, I don't know what the rules are for TV shows disclosing to their in-studio audience (if there even are any).

What probably should have happened, is the show should have switched over to ABC News, which then should have announced that Covid test results stopped production. The Vice President's office or the White House would have then announced that the Vice President was not exposed to the people in question, but that the interview would be postponed until another time, "out of an abundance of caution."

Nobody was thinking quick enough, but they shouldn't have had to. There should have been a plan in place for just exactly this kind of thing. This is not week two of the pandemic. They have had over a year to plan out quick exits if the hosts (etc) test positive.

Re: telling the audience.  They are in an enclosed space for a significant period of time with people who tested positive so yes, I think they would/should have been informed.  This isn’t like a grocery store where you might pass someone momentarily.  This was enclosed and more time spent.  I think now they’re saying more than 15 minutes in near someone is an exposure.  Are they far enough away?  Perhaps.  But I’d hope for an abundance of caution on the part of the View.  

On another note it was really a pleasure to listen to their discussion today. After MM left I commented I wasn’t sure that the others had the info and research to argue with another political analyst.  I now say I’m wrong about that.  Quite honestly we never really got to see the others in the political discussions because MM just talked over, was abusive in her comments and just sucked the air out of the room…so I didn’t really get a great sense about the others.  Maybe they had just given up trying to have an adult discussion with her but it’s been really refreshing to see them come into their own on these topics and be able to say what they think.  And disagree pleasantly.  Also they’re all able to mix up the topics from political to entertainment and everyone joins in.  No one saying “I don’t like to talk about xyz”, or “I said in the pre show meeting I didn’t want to discuss this”., etc.  much more enjoyable.  I don’t need a political “expert” back on the panel.  If they need to add someone, let it be someone with different political views who isnt part of the political world. 

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Re: telling the audience.  They are in an enclosed space for a significant period of time with people who tested positive so yes, I think they would/should have been informed.  This isn’t like a grocery store where you might pass someone momentarily.  This was enclosed and more time spent.  I think now they’re saying more than 15 minutes in near someone is an exposure.  Are they far enough away?  Perhaps.  But I’d hope for an abundance of caution on the part of the View.  

Ethically speaking, I agree with you. I was referring to what they're required to disclose. I would add, "And what procedures they have in place," but I'm starting to think there are none. Speaking of...

Everyone should check out the media thread for more on the Covid test fiasco. @CVC just posted a big news story on it from CNN. If it's true, it's The View producers were at fault for the colossal screwup.

On another note it was really a pleasure to listen to their discussion today. After MM left I commented I wasn’t sure that the others had the info and research to argue with another political analyst.  I now say I’m wrong about that.  Quite honestly we never really got to see the others in the political discussions because MM just talked over, was abusive in her comments and just sucked the air out of the room…so I didn’t really get a great sense about the others.  Maybe they had just given up trying to have an adult discussion with her but it’s been really refreshing to see them come into their own on these topics and be able to say what they think.  And disagree pleasantly.  Also they’re all able to mix up the topics from political to entertainment and everyone joins in.  No one saying “I don’t like to talk about xyz”, or “I said in the pre show meeting I didn’t want to discuss this”., etc.  much more enjoyable.  I don’t need a political “expert” back on the panel.  If they need to add someone, let it be someone with different political views who isnt part of the political world. 

I agree.

Meghan was never a political expert anyhow, beyond the topic of what it's like to have a famous politician for a family member.

I'd rather see a straight-up journalist, but honestly, I think 5 panelists is one too many, anyhow.

Edited by General Days
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

And didn't answer questions Joy asked her. She said she liked diversity of thought but seemed awfully rigid in her thoughts. 

Caitlyn Jenner didn't answer the questions Joy asked.  She was only able to repeat the talking points she had been given to her by her campaign staff. 

On 9/28/2021 at 11:13 AM, mtlchick said:

“Trump had a few…messaging problems.”

So that’s what we’re calling it now? Ugh.

Jenner hired Trump's former campaign manager to run her campaign.  This may be a big reason why she did not want to answer any questions about Trump.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I was really impressed by Mickey Guyton!!  I'm a lapsed country music fan & barely knew her.  She has a lovely voice & seems like a very nice person whose "paid her dues".  I'm glad they introduced her to their "viewers".

To be fair, even if you did still listen to country radio you may not know her. She finally had her breakthrough because of online media and streaming. Country radio won’t play her music. They’ll play a redneck that likes to throw around the N-word but not Mickey’s well-reviewed solo stuff. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

If I was a member of the audience, I would sure want to know what was going on.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Haleth said:

[jealous]Were any of our poster friends in the audience today to get tickets to a Disney Broadway show?[\jealous]

I wish! I'd love to see a Disney Broadway show too.

Also, now that a certain host who'd put down the audience is gone, I'd love to go to a View taping. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Caitlyn Jenner didn't answer the questions Joy asked.  She was only able to repeat the talking points she had been given to her by her campaign staff. 

Jenner hired Trump's former campaign manager to run her campaign.  This may be a big reason why she did not want to answer any questions about Trump.

It is why Caitlyn Jenner is full of crap and a traitor to her community.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 11
On 9/29/2021 at 12:07 PM, GiveMeSpace said:

Sarah-Tammy Wynette called and she wants all her hair back.

Why is Sara wearing all these wigs this season? Even Caitlyn Jenner's wig looked better than Sara's wig.

Ana's hair looked so good and then I'm so distracted by the mess on Sara.

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Sunny looks fantastic today. No crazy lashes-just a fresh look and I love that lip color on her.

Sara and Sunny had the same style hair today, one blonde, one brunette. However, Sunny's looked so good and Sara's was so so so bad. Why is no one telling her!? Of course if we say anything, we're just haters. 😒

I think they all looked FABULOUS today.

also I never realized how often Whoopi introduces a topic and then immediately refutes or agrees with it, and then goes on and on. Meredith NEVER did that. Rosie at least threw to other people right away!

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Sara and Sunny had the same style hair today, one blonde, one brunette. However, Sunny's looked so good and Sara's was so so so bad. Why is no one telling her!? Of course if we say anything, we're just haters. 😒

That’s exactly what I was thinking! Sunny looked really beautiful. ,less is more. I even thought she didn’t have earrings on but there were microscopic diamonds. Then I looked at Sara and said same but why is it not working?  Is it because we are used to Sunny’s long hair and Sara keeps dramatically changing hers?  Ana is beautiful. 

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

That’s exactly what I was thinking! Sunny looked really beautiful. ,less is more. I even thought she didn’t have earrings on but there were microscopic diamonds. Then I looked at Sara and said same but why is it not working?  Is it because we are used to Sunny’s long hair and Sara keeps dramatically changing hers?  Ana is beautiful. 

My thought is we're just not used to it.  There was never any time to get to Sara, but now that she who shall remain nameless is gone there's all this extra time to get to Sara.  shrug.  just a thought

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

And those anti-vaxxers can shove it since 1) they’re the reason why it’s still spreading and 2) vaccinated people are less likely to be seriously hospitalized even if they get a breakthrough case.

👏👏👏👏👏

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Sara I think just goes along to get along.  The stylist is probably telling her she looks fabulous and Sara is deferring to them.    Sunny on the other hand I can totally see saying nope I don't like it redo it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 9/29/2021 at 8:42 AM, JayD83 said:

Did they even want Drew there?  They over talked him almost the entire time. 

I Just watched that segment and I agree. Drew could barely get his story finished. I think they just wanted him to come on, say that they had a celebrity version of the show and leave so they could get on to the Broadway shows. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Sunny's hair is fake also, right? 

It is either massive extensions or a wig!

• Love 2

The segment talking about Katie’s book and  she wrote she’d ice out competitors early in her career was the perfect set up for  Whoopi to ask, do we still do that?   Ana responded “ it’s so warm in here I can’t even explain it to you”   Who is  rushing to their Twitter account now? Any guesses? 

Edited by athousandclowns
grammar
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3
On 9/29/2021 at 9:07 AM, GiveMeSpace said:

Sunny looks fantastic today. No crazy lashes-just a fresh look and I love that lip color on her.

Man that look was awful!  

• Love 1
15 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Here's more potential bad news. Wasn't the Aladdin cast just on The View this morning? 😳

https://abc7ny.com/aladdin-covid-performance-canceled-breakthrough-cases/11062189/

I expect a lot of this to happen.  It is like people think we are out of the pandemic.  The 1918 flu was around until 1920.  Wishing it away will not make it so.  But I also have to work a concert in November unless cases spike.  Not pleased.

I hope none of the hosts get sick.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Rightside said:

Why are they now all seated at the table when the show starts? 

They don't walk out anymore and I can't see what they are wearing!!!

It's not as fun now when we can't make fun of the heifer's outfits?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

The segment talking about Katie’s book and  she wrote she’d ice out competitors early in her career was the perfect set up for  Whoopi to ask, do we still do that?   Ana responded “ it’s so warm in here I can’t even explain it to you”   Who is  rushing to their Twitter account now? Any guesses? 

The best part was all of them laughing their heads off . They knew exactly what Ana was referring to.😄

Edited by Cozytea
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Rightside said:

Sunny's hair is fake also, right? 

It is either massive extensions or a wig!

I'm pretty sure that's her hair.   She mentioned that she recently started wearing her hiar in it's natural state.  That's the curly look she's been sporting this year.   This weak it looks like she's doing a wavy look.    She's also showed younger pictures of her and her hair was long and curly/wavy.   

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I'm pretty sure that's her hair.   She mentioned that she recently started wearing her hiar in it's natural state.  That's the curly look she's been sporting this year.   This weak it looks like she's doing a wavy look.    She's also showed younger pictures of her and her hair was long and curly/wavy.   

oh i looove her hair. Gimme some of those curls, just rip me few from here or there.  No one will notice hehe J/K!  She has the best hair on the panel. Sorry panel.  To repeat, i was kidding and would not harm one hair.

Was the Small Talk group taken away?  I'm not seeing it.

I just wanted to make a comment in general about the new season. So far.  What I've noticed is that the ladies all seem lighter, happier, they're open and talking more and talking over but then stop.  They talk OUT OF TURN and its ok.  Every thing is so much better, lighter, funner (sic).  Continue on Ladies! 

Oh one last thing, about the new opening:  when Whoopi is coming out to join the rest at the end.  Well Sara is stooping over clapping her hands.  And the whole posture thing is bugging the holy H out of me.its not a dog coming out, its not a kid, its W!  We know shes short but not that much lol.  Im not sure how she was directed, but thats how i took.  Everything else is great guuuuuuurl, and i liked your hair today best of the week.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

I doubt that is her own hair! 

At the area around her forehead, it really looked like a wig.

1 hour ago, Rightside said:

I doubt that is her own hair! 

At the area around her forehead, it really looked like a wig.

I doubt that's all her hair, but I don't think it's a wig. I think it's extensions. But, who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 1
3 hours ago, After7Only said:

I'm not sure I believe that. You want to see some natural hair I can show you some family photos.

• Love 1

I know Ana is filling in multiple days until they find a full-time fifth host, but dang if I don't like the arrangement the way it is now. I don't think they even really need a fifth host. Everything is loose and fun right now. I think Ana's just endeared herself more and more to the audience especially in the past week, but she's always been pretty well-liked, I believe.

• Love 19
8 hours ago, nokat said:

Ana has to stop making me love her. I like that she's on the show and her opinions.

Agree with the first part! She's not my favorite for political insight, but damn, she is hard to dislike. She just gives good vibes. She's also one of the funniest hosts, so witty. 

2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I literally laughed out loud when Sunny was asked which was worse, an emotional or a physical affair and Ana said Manny is dead no matter what.

The show was fun today.  There was a lot of laughter and the cohosts played off one another well.  And there was no political hot topic.  It felt like an old school episode of the View.  More of this please. 

LOL! The show really was fun today, I'm absolutely loving it. 

I feel like women always say emotional affairs are worse, but I'm with Sunny. I think physical affairs are more unforgivable. I wouldn't want my man falling in love with someone else, but I think emotional affairs can happen even when you don't mean to. Ever HAVE to spend a lot of time working with someone who's very nice and fun? You can avoid having close friends of the opposite sex, but I think at least borderline emotional affairs can happen to the best of us. I do recommend not getting extra with "my work husband" and things like that. 

I will never understand the people who sleep with someone and say it was a mistake and they never meant to. You tripped and fell into another woman's vagina?

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

The shows this season have been so much better.  A cloud has been lifted.  It was so toxic that they wouldn't even discuss something like an emotional affair with MM on the panel.  She was buzzkill a lot of the time.  She would stop conversations dead in their tracks because she didn't like the subject.  It's quite obvious that all 5 panelists like and enjoy one another.  I really don't see the need for an additional host with these five.  Basically, I would hire a younger woman who doesn't have to be conservative just a different generation and have her fill in when Whoopi is off acting or someone's sick, etc.  Whoopi, in particular, seems very happy this year despite her health woes.  She's having a good time again.

• Love 16