Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 9/27/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I doubt that's all her hair, but I don't think it's a wig. I think it's extensions. But, who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sunny mentioned once pre-Covid that she was wearing extensions for more volume.  

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Sped14 said:

Basically, I would hire a younger woman who doesn't have to be conservative just a different generation and have her fill in when Whoopi is off acting or someone's sick, etc.  

Yes, they should definitely hire a millennial. As it stands now, the youngest co-host is Sara at 44. Didn't Debbie M. land The View just after graduating from college?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, catlover79 said:

Didn't Debbie M. land The View just after graduating from college?

Yes, and apparently BW thought she was still immature and fired her after the first season.

5 hours ago, MsTree said:

Yes, and apparently BW thought she was still immature and fired her after the first season.

It is wrong to paint an entire generation as immature because one person in her 20s wasn't cut out for the job.  I wasn't watching the View when Debbie was on so I can't speak to her immaturity but I did watch when Lisa Ling was on and she was only a couple years older than Debbie when she started and she wasn't immature and represented a younger person's point of view well.

The View needs a younger woman's perspective.  The five women they have now are all well established in their careers. They need a woman who can represent the woman who is still trying to find her place in the world.  

• Love 14
16 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

It is wrong to paint an entire generation as immature because one person in her 20s wasn't cut out for the job.  I wasn't watching the View when Debbie was on so I can't speak to her immaturity but I did watch when Lisa Ling was on and she was only a couple years older than Debbie when she started and she wasn't immature and represented a younger person's point of view well.

The View needs a younger woman's perspective.  The five women they have now are all well established in their careers. They need a woman who can represent the woman who is still trying to find her place in the world.  

There are young people way more knowledgeable and mature than some of those in the boomer generation. I wouldn't mind some younger people with their perspective. They can also think they know everything (have you met a tween) but what young people have lived through is way beyond what I did growing up.

There are also political views expanding beyond just the Democrat and Republican panel.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I feel like women always say emotional affairs are worse, but I'm with Sunny. I think physical affairs are more unforgivable.

I don't know.  A lot of men cheat.  But how many of them actually develop an intimacy outside of sex with another woman?  The man (or woman) becoming close emotionally with someone other than their partner is more likely to leave their partner for that person.  But Ana is right. Manny would be dead either way.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, nokat said:

There are young people way more knowledgeable and mature than some of those in the boomer generation. I wouldn't mind some younger people with their perspective. They can also think they know everything (have you met a tween) but what young people have lived through is way beyond what I did growing up.

There are also political views expanding beyond just the Democrat and Republican panel.

Emma Vigeland is an example of a young woman more knowledgeable than many boomers. She's also a strong progressive, which we haven't had on the show. 

8 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I don't know.  A lot of men cheat.  But how many of them actually develop an intimacy outside of sex with another woman?  The man (or woman) becoming close emotionally with someone other than their partner is more likely to leave their partner for that person.  But Ana is right. Manny would be dead either way.

I know lots of men have sex with other women and don't fall in love, but that would make the marriage a wrap for me. When it comes to emotional affairs, it's trickier. If he'd still want to be with me, I'd figure he's not in love with the other person and give him benefit of the doubt. Maybe he crossed lines with how much he shared with another woman or maybe he had a little crush. There are things that would hurt but I think I could get past. Sex with another woman is not one of them. 

My future husband will have a lot in common with Manny. :)

Edited by RealHousewife
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Yes, they should definitely hire a millennial. As it stands now, the youngest co-host is Sara at 44. Didn't Debbie M. land The View just after graduating from college?

That’s exactly what I think as well.  Forget getting some political analyst.  This show was for different ages and backgrounds talking about a variety of topics.  They still hit hot issues, but from a regular persons point of view.  Then more recently it took that sharp turn into being some political show.  There are plenty of those already and we didn’t/don’t need another one, especially when not every panelist is a politico.  Ana is a bit of an exception as she can do all topics and is easy going.  On this show she’s not “hard hitting” as an analyst.  She can make it more of a conversation, but I don’t think most of the people who’ve been mentioned can do that.  Just keep it the way the original was envisioned and forget about making it a political show.   Personally I really don’t want someone who’s a regular politico on CNN, MSNBC or FOX.  Get a normal person instead.  

Edited by Rainyhawk
Add info
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

That’s exactly what I think as well.  Forget getting some political analyst.  This show was for different ages and backgrounds talking about a variety of topics.  They still hit hot issues, but from a regular persons point of view.  Then more recently it took that sharp turn into being some political show.  There are plenty of those already and we didn’t/don’t need another one, especially when not every panelist is a politico.  Ana is a bit of an exception as she can do all topics and is easy going.  On this show she’s not “hard hitting” as an analyst.  She can make it more of a conversation, but I don’t think most of the people who’ve been mentioned can do that.  Just keep it the way the original was envisioned and forget about making it a political show.   Personally I really don’t want someone who’s a regular politico on CNN, MSNBC or FOX.  Get a normal person instead.  

It would be nice getting a young woman's perspective on the current culture and dating. It's even nice getting political opinions from a regular person who's not super rich or at least only recently became rich. Whatever goes on in the country, all the current hosts would be a-ok. I'm not sure how many of them are in touch with regular folks even if they have humble backgrounds and mean well. How about a young person who may have had some major college debt not that long ago? Someone who'd be super concerned about reproductive rights for many years to come? I love the current vibe and want it to stay. I think a Foxbot would still be an upgrade from MM, but I'd rather just keep the current hosts if the show would again become super political and tense. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Get a normal person instead.  

I agree. Someone can be knowledgeable about politics without being immersed in it.  I personally think someone who's previous job wasn't as a political analyst/pundit might be more sincere in their opinions.  It would nice to hear someone talk about how a particular issue affects them and not simply about polling numbers which she who shall not be named brought up a lot.

2 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

It would be nice getting a young woman's perspective on the current culture and dating

I thought about this as well. A young single woman would be great.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I know lots of men have sex with other women and don't fall in love, but that would make the marriage a wrap for me. When it comes to emotional affairs, it's tricker. If he'd still want to be with me, I'd figure he's not in love with the other person and give him benefit of the doubt. Maybe he crossed lines with how much he shared with another woman or maybe he had a little crush. There are things that would hurt but I think I could get past. Sex with another woman is not one of them. 

My future husband will have a lot in common with Manny. :)

I also feel the same way Sunny (and Ana) do re:physical affairs. No way could I stay with someone after that, it doesn't matter the "reason" for it. An emotional affair is more up in the air; I'm not sure if I could get over that either, but at least there is an infinitesimal chance unlike the zero chance there would be in the case of a physical one. Still, it was worth the other women needling Sunny just to get Ana's joke about Manny being dead regardless. That and Joy's joke during the Katie Couric discussion were the highlights of that episode.

Glad to hear Ana's mother is alright! I know Ana was asking for prayers, but I didn't know she was in the hospital. Anyway, what a weird week this has been--although a very good one, overall. We only had a guest co-host for one day rather than the usual two, Ana was around for four shows, and no flashback co-host today (or last Friday either).

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I agree. Someone can be knowledgeable about politics without being immersed in it.  I personally think someone who's previous job wasn't as a political analyst/pundit might be more sincere in their opinions.  It would nice to hear someone talk about how a particular issue affects them and not simply about polling numbers which she who shall not be named brought up a lot.

I thought about this as well. A young single woman would be great.

One thing that annoyed me about MM is her privileged in every sense heiress self would get her conservative panties in a bunch OVER EVERYTHING. Give me a regular person who actually knows what it's like to truly have to be concerned about things like healthcare, how they feel about taxes, etc. Whoopi Goldberg's current idea of struggle is rich folks having to share their wealth with their families and needing a break. lol

3 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I also feel the same way Sunny (and Ana) do re:physical affairs. No way could I stay with someone after that, it doesn't matter the "reason" for it. An emotional affair is more up in the air; I'm not sure if I could get over that either, but at least there is an infinitesimal chance unlike the zero chance there would be in the case of a physical one. Still, it was worth the other women needling Sunny just to get Ana's joke about Manny being dead regardless. That and Joy's joke during the Katie Couric discussion were the highlight of that episode.

Glad to hear Ana's mother is alright! I know Ana was asking for prayers, but I didn't know she was in the hospital. Anyway, what a weird week this has been--although a very good one, overall. We only had a guest co-host for one day rather than the usual two, Ana was around for four shows, and no flashback co-host today (or last Friday either).

Exactly. 

Agree lol I wonder if Manny gets teased about Sunny.

I know, that must have been scary. Glad Ana's mom is okay. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

I'm sorry Sara, but PLEASE stop with the Farrah hair!!

I've seen a lot of comments on her hair, but today was the first day I guess I really looked at it, and man, were those extensions bad.  The color was off, it wasn't well blended... just awful.  Although I thought the longer length itself was flattering on her.

The cynic in me, thinks Sunny's shift to the right is very intentional.  If they have her and Ana supporting more conservative views (at least on abortion and morality) they have less reason to hire another conservative.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

Did I miss something or was there supposed to be a former host today? I could have sworn that my DVR mentioned something about a former cohost. 

I wondered that too....my Info Guide said a 'mystery Co-host", so I watched to see who it would be, but I never saw anyone(but I was running in & out of the room while cleaning :)

• Love 1
21 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I know Ana is filling in multiple days until they find a full-time fifth host, but dang if I don't like the arrangement the way it is now. I don't think they even really need a fifth host. Everything is loose and fun right now. I think Ana's just endeared herself more and more to the audience especially in the past week, but she's always been pretty well-liked, I believe.

I was thinking the same thing.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Sunny, I apologize if I missed it, but, how many unwanted babies have you and Manny adopted?

I was watching her face during the discussion. Yeah, where is the health care, support for women after giving birth? 

I also had access to birth control, so I never had to make the decision.  

So many women are victims of incest or rape, I couldn't deny that choice to them.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, After7Only said:

The cynic in me, thinks Sunny's shift to the right is very intentional.  If they have her and Ana supporting more conservative views (at least on abortion and morality) they have less reason to hire another conservative.  

I wondered that too. However, I remember when Sunny would try to share her more conservative views, Meghan would try to shut her down.

Also, there are of course politically liberal people who are personally very conservative and politically conservative people who'd find Sunny a total pearl-clutcher. As much as I thought Meghan could be a caricature, she does love listening to Howard Stern, fan girls over Erika Jayne, wrote a book with the word bitch in the title, had fuck on her social media handle, and said she has friends in the sex work industry. I can't picture any of that applying to Sunny. I'm still shocked she's buddies with J.Lo because she is all buttoned up and proper. 

• Love 4

So Sunny was uncomfortable watching those women share their stories of why they had abortions.  How uncomfortable does she think women are listening to people debate whether they have the right to make their own fucking reproductive choices?  She might not use the word infanticide the way the other one did but I find her stance just as obnoxious.

Add me to the list of people who think Sunny feels more comfortable now showing her increasingly obvious conservatism.

• Love 14
19 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

It is wrong to paint an entire generation as immature because one person in her 20s wasn't cut out for the job. 

Where did I paint an entire generation? I NEVER said that. Someone asked about Debbie, and that's who I was talking about, no one else....and definitely not an entire generation.

19 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

The View needs a younger woman's perspective. 

Totally agree!

• Love 4
18 hours ago, After7Only said:

The cynic in me, thinks Sunny's shift to the right is very intentional.  If they have her and Ana supporting more conservative views (at least on abortion and morality) they have less reason to hire another conservative

That’s an interesting thought and if it keeps us from being stuck with another Fox reject, I’m all for it. At least they can discuss controversial issues without histrionics. 

• Love 6
19 hours ago, After7Only said:

I've seen a lot of comments on her hair, but today was the first day I guess I really looked at it, and man, were those extensions bad.  The color was off, it wasn't well blended... just awful.  Although I thought the longer length itself was flattering on her.

Extensions take a long time to put in unless it was the halo type. I say it was a wig!!

• Love 1

I recall Sunny saying she is pro-life, and explaining that for her it is religious and cultural, and Ana also saying her Catholic upbringing influences her position, but I don't recall either of them saying they would be in favor of making abortion illegal, have they?

If so, they are pro-choice. A pro-choice person simply wants women to be allowed to make their own decisions.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Sue in her 60s said:

I recall Sunny saying she is pro-life, and explaining that for her it is religious and cultural, and Ana also saying her Catholic upbringing influences her position, but I don't recall either of them saying they would be in favor of making abortion illegal, have they?

If so, they are pro-choice. A pro-choice person simply wants women to be allowed to make their own decisions.

Sunny has said abortion is legal.  She criticizes some  new abortion restrictions but I do not believe she is pro choice.

Ana on the other hand just said yesterday that while her religious beliefs influence how she feels about abortion she respects the fact that not everyone else feels the same way.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Sunny has said abortion is legal.  She criticizes some  new abortion restrictions but I do not believe she is pro choice.

Ana on the other hand just said yesterday that while her religious beliefs influence how she feels about abortion she respects the fact that not everyone else feels the same way.

My niece did an open adoption. This beautiful girl knows her mother and genetic family as well as her real family. 

I had to have a lot of surgeries as a child and never wanted to pass that on. Then I think despite that I had a lot of love and joy in my life.

• Love 4
On 10/2/2021 at 9:26 AM, Haleth said:

That’s an interesting thought and if it keeps us from being stuck with another Fox reject, I’m all for it. At least they can discuss controversial issues without histrionics. 

Sara looks like a Fox reject with all that blonde hair. 

• Love 3
On 10/2/2021 at 8:26 AM, Haleth said:

That's an awesome idea! We've seen where Anna can stay in long batches of time.  Just hire her ABC!

On 10/1/2021 at 9:51 PM, deirdra said:

I stopped counting after her 19th "um" today

Yea.  We get on Whoopi when she under talks the guests.  Someone should mention it.  Maybe she doesnt mmhmm know she's even doing it.  I think that she thinks that by doing that, the words that come after will be that much more potent..or that it will really sear what comes next

On 10/1/2021 at 5:22 PM, nokat said:

I was watching her face during the discussion. Yeah, where is the health care, support for women after giving birth? 

I also had access to birth control, so I never had to make the decision.  

So many women are victims of incest or rape, I couldn't deny that choice to them.

All of a sudden that made me think about those morning after type pills.  They're supposed to induce expulsion right?   Are those available in each state?  Wouldnt that be a lot easier then putting yourself thru the horrible experience of an abortion?  I dont know if it was even talked about in the hearings..you KNOW when its the next day and especially w/i that asisinine 9 weeks. I think he was watching porn the night before and got confused lol.

On 10/1/2021 at 4:59 PM, gatopretoNYC said:

I was thinking the same thing.

I forget now, but it must have been in agreement of course lol haha

26 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

All of a sudden that made me think about those morning after type pills. 

Good question, the morning after pills. I know they are over the counter in some places. In the States it varies so much.

• Love 1

"Keep in mind that the morning-after pill isn't the same as mifepristone (Mifeprex), also known as RU-486 or the abortion pill. This drug terminates an established pregnancy — one in which the fertilized egg has attached to the uterine wall and has begun to develop"

On 9/30/2021 at 8:46 PM, RealHousewife said:

Agree with the first part! She's not my favorite for political insight, but damn, she is hard to dislike. She just gives good vibes. She's also one of the funniest hosts, so witty. 

LOL! The show really was fun today, I'm absolutely loving it. 

I feel like women always say emotional affairs are worse, but I'm with Sunny. I think physical affairs are more unforgivable. I wouldn't want my man falling in love with someone else, but I think emotional affairs can happen even when you don't mean to. Ever HAVE to spend a lot of time working with someone who's very nice and fun? You can avoid having close friends of the opposite sex, but I think at least borderline emotional affairs can happen to the best of us. I do recommend not getting extra with "my work husband" and things like that. 

I will never understand the people who sleep with someone and say it was a mistake and they never meant to. You tripped and fell into another woman's vagina?

It has been good!  I wonder if we can start a We Want Ana campaign.  Signs and t-shirts etc.

• Love 1
On 10/2/2021 at 8:49 AM, Rightside said:

I really thought that wig was going to fall off her head.

These new wigs she has embraced are ridiculous!

It looks heavy on her head.  Like she's balancing something.  Or a rug that has the thickly braided material.  I don't know.  Sara, luv ya babe, but yea uhuh  

• Love 1
On 10/2/2021 at 8:11 PM, Sue in her 60s said:

I don't think that they are so much pro-choice as they don't want to impose their choices on other people.  Which I suppose technically is pro-choice but it feels like there's a difference in my mind.

Through that discussion, I kept thinking that they couldn't have had it at this adult level if Meghan had still been on the show.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I don't think that they are so much pro-choice as they don't want to impose their choices on other people.  Which I suppose technically is pro-choice but it feels like there's a difference in my mind.

Through that discussion, I kept thinking that they couldn't have had it at this adult level if Meghan had still been on the show.

Right there are shades of gray. One woman might see nothing immoral terminating a pregnancy up to a certain point. Another might think life starts at conception and it's wrong, but that it's not up to her to make that call for another woman. Some people are against women having a choice but will at least try to be polite discussing. Meghan yells infanticide knowing a woman at the table who's a friend of hers has had an abortion because she just couldn't go through with a pregnancy. I thought that was really cruel of her. 

• Love 8