Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 9/27/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

They still haven't updated their schedule at ABC.com for the coming week so I'm just going by what their ticket site says.

Monday, Sept. 27 - Leslie Odom Jr

Tuesday, Sept. 28 - Mickey Guyton

Wednesday, Sept. 29 - Drew Carey

Thursday, Sept. 30 - Ice T

Friday, Oct. 1 - ?

• Useful 3
9 hours ago, Axie said:

I’d rather watch a rerun with Meghan than see Caitlyn Jenner.  I don’t know why anyone would find her interesting.

Totally agree...and don't find Caitlyn the least bit interesting. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that she's running for office, and if that's the case, she's there for exposure.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, MsTree said:

Totally agree...and don't find Caitlyn the least bit interesting. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that she's running for office, and if that's the case, she's there for exposure.

She ran for governor in CA during the recall.  She lost.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

False positives? IDK, I find that suspicious. And where is Caitlyn? 

The rapid test is frequently wrong. It’s not suspicious.

Good for Ana for addressing conspiracy theories and Junior’s asinine tweet. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Maybe they forgot to tell Jenner that the tests were wrong. 😜

I know my local ABC affiliate in Atlanta reported the story at least 3 times this past weekend and NEVER said they were false positives.  It kinda pissed me off. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, JayD83 said:

I know my local ABC affiliate in Atlanta reported the story at least 3 times this past weekend and NEVER said they were false positives.  It kinda pissed me off. 

Yep all weekend I kept seeing the positive story popping up on different sites even after the negative tests were announced.  It's true I guess.  Bad news travels more and faster than good news.

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Ana is on stage. Whoopi is still out. 

Thanks. I asked because it sounded like from Ana's tweet that after the third negative PCR test, she was going back to Miami. But if Whoopi is still unable to go, it makes sense that she would be asked to stay.

17 minutes ago, Axie said:

I think she’s been seething all weekend.

I have absolutely no doubt about that.

• Love 4

Ana was on Instagram last night from Miami.  She must have flown back to NY this morning.  That’s dedication.

Bad news -  Caitlyn Jenner will be on tomorrow.

Edited by Axie
  • Love 7
56 minutes ago, Axie said:

I’m wondering if we’ve heard the last of Sunny’s positive test results being announced publicly.  I think she’s been seething all weekend.

I don't blame Sunny for being upset that her's and Ana's test results were made public.  Sunny's husband lost both of his parents to the virus last year. The family's grief and trauma is still very raw.  Her husband, children and parents were also affected.  Manny was pulled out of the OR in the middle of a surgery.  

This all went down on live TV and Vice President Harris was involved.  The Secret Service was in control of the situation.  It was a chaotic situation and their was speculation that the VP was in danger.  The VP's team decided to announce what was happening to assure the public before panic set in.  Unfortunately, Sunny's and Ana's test results were publicly announced.  

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

I don't blame Sunny for being upset that her's and Ana's test results were made public.  Sunny's husband lost both of his parents to the virus last year. The family's grief and trauma is still very raw.  Her husband, children and parents were also affected.  Manny was pulled out of the OR in the middle of a surgery.  

This all went down on live TV and Vice President Harris was involved.  The Secret Service was in control of the situation.  It was a chaotic situation and their was speculation that the VP was in danger.  The VP's team decided to announce what was happening to assure the public before panic set in.  Unfortunately, Sunny's and Ana's test results were publicly announced.  

It was kind of a no win situation.  If they didn't explain why 2 co hosts left, there would have been constant speculation and conspiracy theories going on.  So I'm not sure what they could have done that would have been better at the time in the confusion with a vice president there (and Secret Service).

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

It was kind of a no win situation.  If they didn't explain why 2 co hosts left, there would have been constant speculation and conspiracy theories going on.  So I'm not sure what they could have done that would have been better at the time in the confusion with a vice president there (and Secret Service).

I agree with this. It would have either leaked and people would have thought they were trying to hide something or they would have kept it a secret and caused people to hypothesize any number of conspiracies.   With such a high profile guest testing should have been done earlier. Or the VP should have been a remote interview from the start.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, mtlchick said:

I don’t blame Sunny to be disappointed on how the test result was announced because as she said, there are other people involved.  

No Caitlyn Jenner? Fine by me.

I couldn’t get over how quickly her family  was pulled from their locations, I watch too many crime shows and death notices don’t happen that fast. Whose doing  the notifying?  She was pissed. Why wouldn’t t the powers that be wait for a second test before calling family?  Didn’t know health departments had staffing to do that? Plus who has that information? 

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I couldn’t get over how quickly her family  was pulled from their locations, I watch too many crime shows and death notices don’t happen that fast. Whose doing  the notifying?  She was pissed. Why wouldn’t t the powers that be wait for a second test before calling family?  Didn’t know health departments had staffing to do that? Plus who has that information? 

Did she say that someone from the show called her family members?  I assumed that people at their jobs/school saw it announced on air and they got pulled as a result.  

Does anyone know when Sunny's contract expires?  Because she did not look happy when they were talking about what happened and if my employer violated my privacy like that, I'd have a very hard time staying.  And did I miss it or did they not explain why it was that they were getting test results halfway through the show?

Edited by Snapdragon
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

Did she say that someone from the show called her family members?  I assumed that people at their jobs/school saw it announced on air and they got pulled as a result.  

I don’t know if she made it clear and I’ve deleted and  too lazy to retrieve.  The dramatics of her husband being pulled out of a surgery is alarming  since hospitals are on overload and non COVID patients are not seeking or getting needed treatment. I worked at a hospital before social media of course but rather difficult to believe someone at the hospital hearing it, reporting it and a decision to pull him out of a operating room is out of order.  When I worked I took the untouched coffee cup that I brought in at 7 am out to the elevator when leaving at 3:30. 
I won’t be tuning  in when Jenner is on.  Even though I had already seen  it I loved the Ana rant. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Tuning not turning
  • Love 3

Sort of a dull day, but that was expected because they had to deal with the false positive tests aftermath. Better than it would've been with Jenner, they'll probably be as stilted as Fiorina. Perhaps Jenner didn't show up because Whoopi was out and they wanted Joy to be off during the guest co-host try-out again... I definitely felt for Sunny. I knew she would be very scared for her own parents, that she might've accidentally infected them not knowing she was positive. I didn't even think about how it might affect her husband, with him getting pulled from work just in case. I'm glad everything was alright for her in the end.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Sort of a dull day, but that was expected because they had to deal with the false positive tests aftermath. Better than it would've been with Jenner, they'll probably be as stilted as Fiorina. Perhaps Jenner didn't show up because Whoopi was out and they wanted Joy to be off during the guest co-host try-out again... I definitely felt for Sunny. I knew she would be very scared for her own parents, that she might've accidentally infected them not knowing she was positive. I didn't even think about how it might affect her husband, with him getting pulled from work just in case. I'm glad everything was alright for her in the end.

I knew this was especially sensitive to Sunny after the loss of her in laws and the fact her parents live with her, but I didn't think about poor Manny being pulled out of surgery. Her poor family must have all been triggered. 

I knew if you had to be stuck in this ordeal with someone, Ana would be the one. lol 

Whatever you think of Ana or her politics, she is witty as hell. Junior was stupid to try her. 

Also agree that Joy and Sara were great carrying on the show!

Glad everyone is okay and boy I can't wait until life isn't so scary anymore. 

• Love 16
On 9/26/2021 at 3:01 PM, Axie said:

I’d rather watch a rerun with Meghan than see Caitlyn Jenner.  I don’t know why anyone would find her interesting.

I don't like Jenner--and never did (before politics, before the sex change)--but they're forgettable at worst. I think the worst thing about her as a guest will be stiff awkwardness and minimal chemistry with the others. Then again, it would have been interesting to have Jenner there today when they talked about Liz Cheney supposedly regretting being anti-LGBT. Perhaps that's the real reason Jenner wasn't there, that she didn't want to be asked how someone transgender somehow aligns that with their anti-LGBT platform.

Navarro was right that Obama and HRC weren't always pro-LGBT. Openly anyway. It's a bit of a different issue when it comes to Democrats though, since it was likely more about thinking the issue would be way too polarizing to push two decades ago when anti-gay sentiment was the vast majority and that an overly supportive stance would have made a politician un-electable at that time than because they held a personal hatred of LGBT. Most LGBT-supportive policies back then had to be covert themselves to a degree to avoid massive blowback.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Navarro was right that Obama and HRC weren't always pro-LGBT. Openly anyway.

But they didn't promote anti gay policies.  Good for Liz Cheney for evolving on the issue but it's easy for her to say that now when gay marriage is legal.

17 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Perhaps that's the real reason Jenner wasn't there, that she didn't want to be asked how someone transgender somehow aligns that with their anti-LGBT platform

One of my very best friends is gay and he has repeatedly said even though he has some conservative beliefs  he cannot belong to a party that actively wants to make his life all but impossible to live.  Jenner needs to be asked that question.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

One of my very best friends is gay and he has repeatedly said even though he has some conservative beliefs  he cannot belong to a party that actively wants to make his life all but impossible to live.  Jenner needs to be asked that question.

Ooooooooh, how I wish that someone would ask Caitlyn Jenner that question!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

But they didn't promote anti gay policies. 

Exactly! :)  I didn’t mean to seem as if I was criticizing, just noting that while Navarro was technically correct, it’s not really the same situation as with Cheney even though she’d treated it that way.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, catlover79 said:

I wish they hadn't brought up that tweet and given Junior the extra attention. Politics aside, only the weakest of men pick on a woman's weight, and on Twitter no less. How old is he, 12?

That said, I roared at "imagine having a father whose butt is the size of a studio apartment in New Jersey", along with Joy's "go get 'em, Ana!" Ana's humor is one of the best things about the show. 😊

Also, Ana may not be skinny, but I think she's a beautiful woman, and naturally so, unlike some of the women in Junior's life . . .

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Exactly! :)  I didn’t mean to seem as if I was criticizing, just noting that while Navarro was technically correct, it’s not really the same situation as with Cheney even though she’d treated it that way.

I knew you weren't criticizing. It is true politicians from both parties consider politics when dealing with LGTBQ issues but to equate the parties as the same is wrong.   Ana knows who her party is.

• Love 1

What no one has explained is why their Covid test results were not done early enough so that they would know before the show and especially before the VP was in the building. Why was Brian Teta getting those results mid-show? It seems awfully shoddy and I am surprised heads haven't rolled.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Ana said this today about Trump jr.

First of all, I mean, I know that when you are a dimwit, with no skill, or talent or significant accomplishments, living off your father's fame and name and fortune. You've got to draw attention to yourself.

It felt like she might have been taking a swipe at another dimwit with a famous father that likes to draw attention to herself.

• LOL 18
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, bannana said:

What no one has explained is why their Covid test results were not done early enough so that they would know before the show and especially before the VP was in the building. Why was Brian Teta getting those results mid-show? It seems awfully shoddy and I am surprised heads haven't rolled.

I wonder if it is just one of those things. We saw Hamilton in Atlanta on a Tuesday.  Wednesday night's show was cancelled with tickets to other shows being given out because the test results of the cast and crew didn't come back in time. They are all "up in each other's faces" singing during that show, so test a lot.  This time the results were too late for the show.  

• Useful 3