Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: To Protect and Serve

• Start Topic

Now we are getting somewhere. We have a new suspect and we are only 4 episodes from the end.
What I want to know is was there anyone influencing the police in this investigation or were they just taking the easy way out?
Of course if so was that same person involved when her friend got pushed from the top of the building all those years ago? Did they frame Oscar?

• Love 3

I really enjoyed this episode; the pacing to me seemed less jarring than in previous episodes. (I think making them an hour long would help.) I loved Da’Vine Joy Randolph in High Fidelity, so I was really happy to see her again for more than two minutes. (And I loved the shout-out to Herman’s Head!) I also love that her wife listens to the horticulture podcast.

So now we are supposed to think Teddy and someone in the NYPD are involved in Tim’s murder? I wonder whether Cinda’s blurting to Jimmy Fallon that they suspected Sting is going to bite them.

• Love 8

The Yard Dogs and Cinda Canning came through! They’re going to be famous, and they got the attention of the Detective. Why wouldn’t the powers-that-be at the NYPD not want to submit the tox screen or the phone, though? A conspiracy or an open/shut suicide didn’t deserve the resources?

And am I understanding this correctly? When they were still at the tattoo shop Tavo picked up a couple pieces of jewelry and said he’d gotten those pieces for Tim from Angel and that Tim was obsessed with buying pieces from Angel. So Our Trio’s current working theory is Tim saw Teddy kill Zoe, and that’s when Teddy got the emerald ring. Cutter is Teddy’s fence and Tavo is the go between between Tim and Cutter. Tim is going through Tavo so Teddy won’t know Tim is the one buying the jewelry. And Tim was trying to get the emerald ring back because it’d prove Teddy killed Zoe?

Granted, we have four episodes left so I don’t think they’ve uncovered the truth yet, but this and the phone will be next week’s direction.

• Love 4

I was wondering if they were going to be bring back Da'Vine Joy Randolph's detective back, so it was nice seeing her again and getting a bit of her home life and mindset.  Interesting that it looks like she ends up being an ally because the force either a) bungled the investigation or b) someone in the force is either the killer or in on it.

Also liked meeting Mabel's mom and seeing her reaction to everything.  From an outsider perspective, I can see why she is worried over Mabel continuing to look into Tim's death and how her apparently only friends now are two random guys that might be three times her age.  But the irony is that I really do think that Mabel spending time with both Charles and Oliver has actually improved her outlook in a lot of ways: just like she has been for them.  If anything, all three have equally benefited from this team up considering where they started out, and I see a true friendship coming out of this when it is all said and done.

So, now they're thinking Teddy/Nathan Lane might be the potential killer, since he could very well be the mysterious "Angel" character Tim was trying to bring down.  It also might involve this emerald ring that Zoe was wearing before her death, but didn't have it when the body was discovered.  I wouldn't be surprised if he does end up being involved, but since we still have four episodes left, I wouldn't be surprised if the actual killer ends up being someone else.

Looks like they're getting more listeners now!  Sure, they were helped by being mocked by Cinda and Jimmy Fallon on television, but it still counts!

• Like 1
  • Love 9

I finally noticed some cursing in this episode (first time I've picked up on it) but it never felt out of place to me. 

Gut Milk 13 percent alcohol.  

I loved the look into the detective's life.  I like that she liked Herman's head and I sort of love her horticulture podcast listening to partner who wants to name their son after Kareem Abdul Jabar who has written several books and is not just coasting on his former on court glory.  And A Kadeem Harrison from a Different World shout out.    This episode was very, very much in my wheelhouse.  

3 hours ago, Turtle Wexler said:

I wonder whether Cinda’s blurting to Jimmy Fallon that they suspected Sting is going to bite them.

With whom?  They confessed to Sting that they thought he was a suspect, didn't they?   

Even if they didn't he'll be on tour for a while and when he returns they can bring him apology yams, or something.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 9

I wish they would introduce more suspects, they are getting close to the end and there are not enough suspects or motives. The person I predicted to have killed Zoe, the evidence still points to them and I may now have a motive.

• Love 3

Early in the season, we learned that Zoe used Oscar’s access to building keys (via his father, the Arconia super) to break into apartments in the building and steal jewelry. 
In this episode we learn that the ring with the large green stone that Zoe was wearing the night she was pushed/fell off the building to her death is the ring Tim Kono had been seeking ever since. 

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 3

I finally noticed some cursing in this episode (first time I've picked up on it) but it never felt out of place to me. 

I didn't notice it as much.  Either I was overly sensitive the first few episodes, or, and this is the most logical theory, they hastily edited the last few episodes to accommodate one big fan's tastes and preferences.  If so, thanks, and it's overcast, so no, at the moment the sky is not blue in my world, but you don't need to keep asking because I was kidding except about being a big fan. 

Moving on, I loved the way they're fitting the pieces together.  I thought Mabel was going to reciprocate about feeling more alive, but she's got to be true to who she is.  That's a great thing about this show, everyone does that.

Nice way to bring the detective back in, and to give her some more backstory.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, marketdoctor said:

Nice way to bring the detective back in, and to give her some more backstory.

Unless Detective Williams killed Tim Kono, I would have rather the had focused all that air time on the African Lady that wanted Tim's apartment, the Black psychiatrist trying to get paid for his grief counseling, Oscar's father, Mabel's missing Aunt, Tim Kono's parents, the Bassoonist, Zoe's family, Lucy and her mother, Bunny the Condo Board Member, Arnavr and his daughter (the omelette sniffing next door neighbor of Charles), or Teddy Dimas (The Deli King) and his family.

I would also like to know who or how they found Tim Kono's dead body.

They might be playing the easy out, where you can't figure out who the killer before the end of the show because they haven't given you enough clues to do so. I think the Emerald ring and the Black Market Fence is a major clue to finding out who killed Zoe and therefore Tim Kono.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

Unless Detective Williams killed Tim Kono, I would have rather the had focused all that air time on the African Lady that wanted Tim's apartment, the Black psychiatrist trying to get paid for his grief counseling, Oscar's father, Mabel's missing Aunt, Tim Kono's parents, the Bassoonist, Zoe's family, Lucy and her mother, Bunny the Condo Board Member, Arnavr and his daughter (the omelette sniffing next door neighbor of Charles), or Teddy Dimas (The Deli King) and his family.

If the detective’s only purpose from this point forward was to give them Tim Kono’s phone, I agree that any of the other characters who are in the building could have found it and perhaps given it to the pod cast crew. If they just wanted to be sure not to have the phone finder look suspicious, I’m not sure having a cop who gives away evidence accomplishes that either. 
Maybe the anti-True-Crime-podcast cop become a fan or join the Scooby gang?

• Love 2

I really liked seeing the cop again, I didn't expect that at all. We got to see her home life, thought process, and she could actually end up quietly teaming up with the podcast trio as she feels like they might have a point about the case not adding up. Another super fun episode, we are really making progress. Nathan Lane is a big name for a minor role, so I was wondering about him since he first showed up. Then again, we still have a few more episodes to go and most mysteries wait to bring up the real killer as a suspect until the last minute, so who knows? I am increasingly sure that the stolen jewelry that Zoey was stealing is going to end up tying into both deaths. 

Also nice meeting Mabel's mom, and while I can see why this all looks weird to her, Mabel trying to solve the murder of a childhood friend who might be connected to another traumatic death with two men old enough to be her grandfather, it does actually seem like working together on this mystery has done a lot of good for Mabel, Oliver, Charles. It seems like all of them lacked direction and seemed rather lonely, this is giving them purpose and some actual connections.

Awww horticulture homies plugged their podcast! And while Cinda Canning only really brought them up to laugh at them, it still got them some subscribers, all publicity is good publicity and all that.

"I'm shook. Mabel taught me that." 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 1
  • Love 17

I'm happy to see Detective Charmonique back, and I hope we see her again. Seems super shady to me that no one checked Tim's phone or did a tox screen.

I think I've realized I just don't like Tina Fey for some reason, but I feel justified in really not liking Cinda Canning. Bench!

I think suspicion has been cast on Nathan Lane too early for him to be the murderer, but maybe there's a connection with the son? I'm not a fan of making the deaf man a killer, but his appearance in this show hasn't been justified yet, so that's where my mind is going. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Awww horticulture hoomies plugged their podcast! And while Cinda Canning only really brought them up to laugh at them, it still got them some subscribers, all publicity is good publicity and all that.

9 minutes ago, Abra said:

I think I've realized I just don't like Tina Fey for some reason, but I feel justified in really not liking Cinda Canning. Bench!

I don't like Tina Fey anyway, but Cinda Canning is such a bitch for making fun of the podcast!  I thought that was really low.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

I was not expecting Teddy to go quite so dark with the family history.  He does seem like a more credible suspect after that speech, though.

Who in the building seems like they would have had a massive emerald stolen from them?  I wonder how badly they wanted it back.

So gut milk is a White Russian?

I laughed at the life size Stabler cutout in teen Mabel's room.

Love the mention by the horticulture podcast.  Cinda is underhanded and untrustworthy.

• Love 9

Do not like  the detective, they wasted time with her story. Should have been her finding the phone & the (not uncommon  it seems, police corruption) not a look into her marriage.  The wife seems way too nice for this woman. The commercials are such a damn distraction.  
Hope there is season  2. 

• Love 1

I liked the detective and seeing a bit of her home life. How tough and awful her job must be, homicide.  Home is a haven for her.  

I think the big theme in this show, if it's going to reach for such things, is loneliness, or being alone, and taking a chance on reaching out and finding your people. I really loved when the detective said she'd been alone most of her life, but when she met the woman who became her wife, she knew she wouldn't be alone anymore. 

Our intrepid trio have been on their own for a while and are now beginning to see each other as "not-randos" in their lives. The very slow build up to that has been really great. 

I'm also worried about Teddy as I love Nathan Lane and don't care to think of him as a villain, and I don't want the character's son to be the villain either, but I am willing to follow this story where it goes. I'm just enjoying the characters and the story-telling.  I will be very sad when it's over. 

• Love 12

My favorite moment of this episode was when Oliver, at the dinner table, appeared to wind up one of his long stories with "and that man turned out to be Stephen. Joshua. SONDHEIM."  It was so in character for Oliver to be relating Broadway gossip, and I'm always happy for a shout out to Stephen Sondheim.

I have been a fan of Steve Martin and Martin Short forever, it seems. I'm not so sure about Selena Gomez. She's not ruining the show for me, but I'm not sure how much she adds, either.

• Love 3

Why would Teddy finance the podcast if he was the murderer? That seems really stupid, and I don't believe for one minute he did it. This felt like an unnecessary red herring in what was mostly a filler episode. 

Also, I haven't seen Selena Gomez in anything else, so I don't know if this weird flat effect she's got going on is a character choice, or if she's just not a very good actress. I don't think I noticed all that much before, but Mabel's interaction with her mother really drove home how monotonous she is. 

I had to laugh at the Jimmy Fallon bit because even if they were making fun of the podcast, that's some damn good free publicity right there. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

i knew who selena gomez was but never listened to any of her songs or seen her act in anything prior to this.  it's almost like she has tooth pain and can't open her mouth when talking.  it's weird but i actually don't mind it.

that ring has to be ya-ya's, right?

i think the deaf kid gave it to the blonde girl b/c he liked her but the feeling wasn't mutual.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Why would Teddy finance the podcast if he was the murderer? That seems really stupid, and I don't believe for one minute he did it. This felt like an unnecessary red herring in what was mostly a filler episode. 

I hope Teddy didn't do it but given his experience with Oliver always messing things up then having Oliver head the investigation into what happened with Tim Kono might be how he helps ensure he's never caught.  Lin Manuel Miranda's podcast would totally catch the killer.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, cardigirl said:

I liked the detective and seeing a bit of her home life. How tough and awful her job must be, homicide.  Home is a haven for her.  

I think the big theme in this show, if it's going to reach for such things, is loneliness, or being alone, and taking a chance on reaching out and finding your people. I really loved when the detective said she'd been alone most of her life, but when she met the woman who became her wife, she knew she wouldn't be alone anymore. 

I'm also worried about Teddy as I love Nathan Lane and don't care to think of him as a villain, and I don't want the character's son to be the villain either, but I am willing to follow this story where it goes. I'm just enjoying the characters and the story-telling.  I will be very sad when it's over. 

I liked the detective, too. It was an interesting take on the cliche of “hard-boiled detective’s pregnant wife doesn’t understand the pressure!!” when both parties are empathetic lesbians of color. 

I hear you about Nathan Lane, but he was delightfully smarmy as F. Lee Bailey on The People vs OJ Simpson.

As someone who grew up on the Fallon/Fey Weekend Update desk, seeing them together again was a warm fuzzy.

I will have to do a binge watch before the end. I often watch the new episodes very late at night and then I only retain half the details.

• Like 1
  • Love 11
33 minutes ago, JakeyJokes said:

I liked the detective, too. It was an interesting take on the cliche of “hard-boiled detective’s pregnant wife doesn’t understand the pressure!!” when both parties are empathetic lesbians of color. 

I hear you about Nathan Lane, but he was delightfully smarmy as F. Lee Bailey on The People vs OJ Simpson.

As someone who grew up on the Fallon/Fey Weekend Update desk, seeing them together again was a warm fuzzy.

I will have to do a binge watch before the end. I often watch the new episodes very late at night and then I only retain half the details.

I think I've re-watched each episode several times, mostly because I enjoy the universe they've created so much. I want to go to there. 🤭

I definitely will do a binge watch before the final episode though.  A great way to spend 4 and a half hours or there about. I wonder how many fans (and posters on here) also have watched the episodes numerous times? 

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, kirkola said:

Gomez is a nice bridge between generations, as well as a nice bit of sanity to Short & Martin.  You need a straight man to balance out the zany, and Gomez is managing that quite nicely.  Part of her delivery, I suspect, has to do with the character's depression, making her a bit moody/flat.  On the other hand, I love a good black comedy, so her deadpan responses to the guys tickle me.  Also her attempts to modernize them.  (It doesn't hurt that I feel like I spend most of my work day doing something similar to my aging coworkers...which is extra hilarious, because I'm middle aged...so I often know very little about what they need explaining.  Seriously, I had to explain what a podcast was the other day.)

ITA and said something similar on the previous episode thread.  I think she embodies the character very well and offsets the wacky, which I enjoy,  but wacky needs contrast.  I do hope we see her happier before its over though.

19 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

I think I've re-watched each episode several times, mostly because I enjoy the universe they've created so much. I want to go to there. 🤭

I definitely will do a binge watch before the final episode though.  A great way to spend 4 and a half hours or there about. I wonder how many fans (and posters on here) also have watched the episodes numerous times? 

I've watched each one at least three times and will binge the whole thing when it's over.

The only serious criticism I have of the show is that the episodes are too short.  If they can't be an hour, 45 minutes would be nice.

• Love 13
37 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

I'll probably re-watch either before the end or after I know the killer to watch for the clues.  Oh and definitely before a Season 2.  But what I most want is to watch the hours and hours of outtakes that you know Martin & Short managed, while trying to break each other....or when Gomez lost it because the boys are genuinely funny.

• Love 6

Haven’t seen anyone mention the title cards: I noticed that the podcast app-like graphic lists the exact time (like if the title card appears at 4:56 in the episode, it’ll say 4:56 on the screen). It’s cool but I don’t think the ending time is the same, which I would’ve liked to round out the theme. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

I liked this episode and am enjoying the show, but I also struggle with the show. I somewhat enjoy the Martin/Short aspect (but do wonder if a lot of their humor is taken on good faith because of who they are), and I somewhat enjoy Mabel's tortured dedication to the mystery (but am very distracted by Selena Gomez's delivery and general affect), but I don't necessarily think both of these parts of the show gel into a cohesive theme. I usually spend the Martin/Short time wondering when they're going to get back to exploring the murder. That's the reason I loved the emphasis on the detective in this episode... I want the mystery with podcast music, Serial-like narration, and character beats that link into the murder, rather than so much time spent on the lives of two random guys who started a podcast about the murder. That may play better on rewatch.

Even though I liked this episode, I tuned out during Nathan Lane's monologue and missed some important details, or so I gathered from reading here. I struggle with paying attention to anything with the stereotypical theater guys, especially once they get verbose. I worked with theater buffs/actors for a little while when I was younger and left all these kind of over-the-top personalities there.

From this episode, I'm taking away that Zoe was killed because she stole from the wrong person in the building. The killer took the emerald ring back before Zoe was killed. Tim was trying to solve her murder and possibly clear Oscar. I feel like the Nathan Lane twist is a red herring (...okay, but does the average viewer really care if the murderer is a bit character? That would be so underwhelming), and there will be at least one more big twist before the real killer is revealed to either the audience or the characters. I'm thinking Oliver or Charles will be implicated, sort of like how Mabel's connection to Tim was revealed to the audience at the end of episode 1. Lastly, I think it's TV Weird that Oscar redirects the conversation away from Tim's murder every time it comes up; that's not weird in real life, but I feel like there has to be something to that on a TV mystery. I wonder if Oscar's dad was at all involved in Zoe's death and then Tim's.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season but am also hoping the drama and the comedy begin to gel better.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, dovegrey said:

I liked this episode and am enjoying the show, but I also struggle with the show. I somewhat enjoy the Martin/Short aspect (but do wonder if a lot of their humor is taken on good faith because of who they are), and I somewhat enjoy Mabel's tortured dedication to the mystery (but am very distracted by Selena Gomez's delivery and general affect), but I don't necessarily think both of these parts of the show gel into a cohesive theme. I usually spend the Martin/Short time wondering when they're going to get back to exploring the murder. That's the reason I loved the emphasis on the detective in this episode... I want the mystery with podcast music, Serial-like narration, and character beats that link into the murder, rather than so much time spent on the lives of two random guys who started a podcast about the murder. That may play better on rewatch.

Actually, I rather think the show is making fun of true crime aficionados, which is why Cinda is portrayed as rather full of herself. 

I like when Oliver is directing them, saying things like "we'll fix that in post" or "can you do that again, I didn't get it" but I'm enjoying getting to  know the characters as they learn that more about each other. 

• Love 4
On 9/21/2021 at 2:08 AM, thuganomics85 said:

So, now they're thinking Teddy/Nathan Lane might be the potential killer, since he could very well be the mysterious "Angel" character Tim was trying to bring down.

Zoe was wearing a ring she 'found', which she could have found in Dimas' apartment. But - 

12 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Why would Teddy finance the podcast if he was the murderer?

Maybe he thinks it's 'hiding in plain sight' so to speak. Why would he finance it if he was the killer? He thinks Oliver is an idiot for advising him to not invest in Hamilton and Les Mes. So maybe he thinks they'll just muck everything up and no one would think it was him. 

I cracked up at Charles' last line about prime backer-prime suspect, and I said 'end it there', and then Oliver said, 'end it.'

I liked the opening scene only for the Kareem/Kadeem joke. 

Please please please tell me someone else watched Herman's head!

• Love 3

I use to watch that show all the time! Herman's Head was my favorite 90s show, right next to Parker Lewis Can't Lose! By the way, you have two Simpson actors in that show like Hank Azaria and Yeardley Smith. William Ragsdale, best known for Fright Night and its sequel, is the main character on that show! Around this time period, he recently appeared in the Mannequin sequel that was just plain terrible! 

• Love 4

I just re-watched this episode.

At the very end, during the closing credits, we see cartoon portraits of Urusula and someone else, who I think is Oscar's dad. 
What if Zoe stole the big green-stoned ring from Ursula, and it was a gift from Oscar's dad to Ursula, or maybe Oscar's dad just liked Ursula enough to want to get the ring back for her? 
So maybe Oscar's dad and/or Ursula killed both Zoe and Tim Kono for stealing the green ring: 

1. Zoe steals the green ring just because she wanted it
  2. resulting in Oscar's father accidentally pushing Zoe off the roof in an effort to get the ring back, which he returns to Ursula,
  3. and then Tim stealing it back from Ursula, who shoots Tim? Or maybe Oscar's dad shoots Tim?

This at least explains how Tim's killer was in the building.

But why/who is responsible for the evidence not being sent to the police forensics and IT people? 
Did Detective Williams just make a mistake?
 I wasn't sure about that.

And is Howard Morris (Dead Cat Guy) just a red herring? 

Edited by shapeshifter

I think the cat guy was a dead end. They said the cat went into everyone's apartment so being there after the murder doesn't seem out of the ordinary. 

I assumed this season would end with solving the murder. Is that not the case with a second season ordered? 

• Love 1

I like that this show is 30 minutes long.  I prefer a show that leaves me wanting more than looking at my watch to see how much time is left.

I also liked seeing the detective but especially for the conversation she had with her wife because it showed how she reacted to the podcast and the "clues" that true crime aficionados latch onto.  Like "honey, I know you're a trained professional but what about the CAT PRINTS?" 

I do think it will be a murder and not a suicide but I liked how it kind of frustrated her.  I've lurked on the reddit page for Gabby Petito and holy crap the wild and crazy conspiracy theories people are  so certain are true.

• Love 8
23 hours ago, kirkola said:

Seriously, I had to explain what a podcast was the other day.)

That is sad.  I'm almost 70, and I know what a podcast is!  (And I also knew "rando.")

23 hours ago, Boothbay said:

I'm probably the last person to put together the Cinda Canning=Sarah Koenig connection.  

Nope - I had to look her up after reading this comment.

• Love 3

I'm so glad I found this - I haven't enjoyed anything this much since Fleabag.  I don't really care who did it - I just like going on the ride.  

This seems to be a lot like Clickbait in presentation but I hated that damn show, so why do I like this one so much?  I'm guessing the comedy of it.  Steve Martin is a genius and this role is so perfect for him.  Don't love Martin Short but I like him here.  Heard of Gomez but had never seen her in anything before - I think she's doing a good job.  Mabel obviously had some trauma to deal with so her personality at that age isn't unusual imo.

Great cameos too.

I just wish I had found this after all epidsodes were posted as waiting is not my forte.  

This is just the right balance of comedy/drama for me, but maybe I'm in the minority.

• Love 20
13 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Urusula and someone else, who I think is Oscar's dad.

I thought it was the therapist who was fishing for patients at Tim's memorial.

I haven't paid attention to see if different portraits are in other episode credits.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

So maybe Oscar's dad and/or Ursula killed both Zoe and Tim Kono for stealing the green ring: 

1. Zoe steals the green ring just because she wanted it
  2. resulting in Oscar's father accidentally pushing Zoe off the roof in an effort to get the ring back, which he returns to Ursula,
  3. and then Tim stealing it back from Ursula, who shoots Tim? Or maybe Oscar's dad shoots Tim?

If Oscar's dad killed Zoe, it means he let his son sit in prison for 10 years for a crime he committed. We don't know enough about him to know if he'd do something like that, but I feel like most parents wouldn't be able to do that.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

If Oscar's dad killed Zoe, it means he let his son sit in prison for 10 years for a crime he committed. We don't know enough about him to know if he'd do something like that, but I feel like most parents wouldn't be able to do that.

Yes, but since Oscar was part of the "Hardy Boys Gang" who stole Oscar's dad's keys to steal jewelry, 
and if Oscar's dad going to prison would make Oscar homeless --plus, are is there an Oscar's mom or siblings who would also be made homeless if the dad went to prison? 
I dunno. 

ETA: Oscar does NOT look like he's been in prison for 10 years.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

I am so glad this show is doled out one episode at a time.  It makes the mystery of it so much better than something that you can binge in one sitting. 

My theory, based on nothing...  Teddy's deaf son is Chekov's gun.  He's going to figure into all of this, somehow.  I don't know if he'll be the killer or not.  But this is going to circle back around to him in some fashion.  He seems to be the same age as the Hardy Boys gang.  Maybe he figured out what they were doing because they were all talking about it and he read their lips. 

I really like Selena Gomez in this.  I think her "flat" affectation is perfect for the character.  Honestly, it's very much like how my 15 year old niece talks.  She is a great straight man to Short and Martin.   And I don't know if I could love Martin any more than I do now!  Damn, he's perfect in this role!  I love the scenes with him and Short.

The detective...  I don't quite understand her logic...  hmmm, if I make a stink about reopening this case I won't make sergeant.  But if a piece of crucial evidence from the case I'm in charge of goes missing and ends up in someone else's hands (because you know the podcast trio won't keep their mouth shut about having Tim's phone!) then that won't harm me at all.  huh???

• Love 18
14 minutes ago, chaifan said:

I am so glad this show is doled out one episode at a time.  It makes the mystery of it so much better than something that you can binge in one sitting. 

My theory, based on nothing...  Teddy's deaf son is Chekov's gun.  He's going to figure into all of this, somehow.  I don't know if he'll be the killer or not.  But this is going to circle back around to him in some fashion.  He seems to be the same age as the Hardy Boys gang.  Maybe he figured out what they were doing because they were all talking about it and he read their lips. 

I really like Selena Gomez in this.  I think her "flat" affectation is perfect for the character.  Honestly, it's very much like how my 15 year old niece talks.  She is a great straight man to Short and Martin.   And I don't know if I could love Martin any more than I do now!  Damn, he's perfect in this role!  I love the scenes with him and Short.

The detective...  I don't quite understand her logic...  hmmm, if I make a stink about reopening this case I won't make sergeant.  But if a piece of crucial evidence from the case I'm in charge of goes missing and ends up in someone else's hands (because you know the podcast trio won't keep their mouth shut about having Tim's phone!) then that won't harm me at all.  huh???

Since I can't give your post more than one Like heart above, here they are: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Love 5
On 9/22/2021 at 9:58 AM, djsunyc said:

i knew who selena gomez was but never listened to any of her songs or seen her act in anything prior to this.  it's almost like she has tooth pain and can't open her mouth when talking.  it's weird but i actually don't mind it.

She apparently had some bad health issues and this is a side effect.

• Love 2